Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Bari, Apulia, Italy
Locale: Bari, Apulia, Italy
Publications354 found, 100 shown here
- Cormio G, Loizzi V, Carriero C, Cazzolla A, Putignano G, Selvaggi L. Groin recurrence in carcinoma of the vulva: management and outcome. Eur J Cancer Care (Engl). 2010;19:302-7 pubmed publisher..Groin recurrences from vulvar carcinoma carry a poor prognosis. Multi-modal treatment may result in a palliation of the disease, and a very limited number of patients have long-term survival. ..
- Ciccone M, Scicchitano P, Zito A, Gesualdo M, Sassara M, Calderoni G, et al. Different functional cardiac characteristics observed in term/preterm neonates by echocardiography and tissue doppler imaging. Early Hum Dev. 2011;87:555-8 pubmed publisher..With increasing gestational age, higher myocardial velocities and lower E/E' Œ ratios were found. TDI addition to standard neonatal echocardiography may provide further important information about cardiac function. ..
- Mazzocca A, Dituri F, Lupo L, Quaranta M, Antonaci S, Giannelli G. Tumor-secreted lysophostatidic acid accelerates hepatocellular carcinoma progression by promoting differentiation of peritumoral fibroblasts in myofibroblasts. Hepatology. 2011;54:920-30 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of LPA could prove effective in blocking transdifferentiation of myofibroblasts and tumor progression. ..
- Prete M, Racanelli V, Digiglio L, Vacca A, Dammacco F, Perosa F. Extra-articular manifestations of rheumatoid arthritis: An update. Autoimmun Rev. 2011;11:123-31 pubmed publisher..Understanding the complexity of EAM and their management remains a challenge for clinicians, especially since the effectiveness of drug therapy on EAM has not been systematically evaluated in randomized clinical trials. ..
- Brunetti G, Oranger A, Mori G, Specchia G, Rinaldi E, Curci P, et al. Sclerostin is overexpressed by plasma cells from multiple myeloma patients. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2011;1237:19-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data indicate that MM cells, as a sclerostin source in the BM, could create a microenvironment with high sclerostin concentration that could contribute toward inhibiting osteoblast differentiation...
- Lauletta G, Russi S, Conteduca V, Sansonno L. Hepatitis C virus infection and mixed cryoglobulinemia. Clin Dev Immunol. 2012;2012:502156 pubmed publisher..In this context, cryoglobulinemic patients should be considered a peculiar HCV-infected population that needs a clinical multidisciplinary approach and more articulated therapeutic measures. ..
- Capozzi O, Carbone L, Stanyon R, Marra A, Yang F, Whelan C, et al. A comprehensive molecular cytogenetic analysis of chromosome rearrangements in gibbons. Genome Res. 2012;22:2520-8 pubmed publisher..The precise definition of synteny block boundaries and orientation, chromosomal fusions, and centromere repositioning events presented here will facilitate genome sequence assembly for these close relatives of humans...
- Tampoia M, Zucano A, Villalta D, Antico A, Bizzaro N. Anti-skin specific autoantibodies detected by a new immunofluorescence multiplex biochip method in patients with autoimmune bullous diseases. Dermatology. 2012;225:37-44 pubmed publisher..ELISA) and among ELISA systems. The new multiplex biochip IIF method has a high diagnostic accuracy for the diagnosis of PV and BP, comparable to ELISA methods, and is able to screen autoimmune bullous diseases. ..
- Panza F, Solfrizzi V, Colacicco A, Basile A, D Introno A, Capurso C, et al. Apolipoprotein E (APOE) polymorphism influences serum APOE levels in Alzheimer's disease patients and centenarians. Neuroreport. 2003;14:605-8 pubmed..In these highly selected populations, APOE genotype distribution strongly influences serum APOE concentration, not suggesting, at present, a possible role as a biochemical marker for AD, but only as a putative longevity factor. ..
- Pietrapertosa A, Vitucci A, Campanale D, Palma A, Renni R, Delios G, et al. HFE gene mutations an Apulian population: allele frequencies. Eur J Epidemiol. 2003;18:685-9 pubmed..No statistically significant difference in the allele frequency was noted in the Apulian population compared to that in Northern and Southern Italy. ..
- Liantonio A, Pusch M, Picollo A, Guida P, De Luca A, Pierno S, et al. Investigations of pharmacologic properties of the renal CLC-K1 chloride channel co-expressed with barttin by the use of 2-(p-Chlorophenoxy)propionic acid derivatives and other structurally unrelated chloride channels blockers. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2004;15:13-20 pubmed..The newly identified substances provide a useful tool to investigate the biophysical and physiologic role of these renal channels and a starting point for the development of therapeutic drugs with diuretic action. ..
- Di Nunno N, Lombardo S, Costantinides F, Di Nunno C. Anomalies and alterations of the hyoid-larynx complex in forensic radiographic studies. Am J Forensic Med Pathol. 2004;25:14-9 pubmed..This diagnosis is often difficult to establish owing to the considerable frequency of anatomic anomalies of the complex. ..
- Dolce V, Scarcia P, Iacopetta D, Palmieri F. A fourth ADP/ATP carrier isoform in man: identification, bacterial expression, functional characterization and tissue distribution. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:633-7 pubmed
- Lancioni G, Smaldone A, O Reilly M, Singh N, Oliva D. Automatic prompting to reduce persistent tongue protrusion in a woman with severe to profound mental retardation. Percept Mot Skills. 2005;101:515-8 pubmed..Analysis showed that the occurrence of tongue protrusion dropped from about 65% of the observation time during the initial baseline to less than 5% through the intervention. The study lasted 4.5 mo. ..
- Comes F, Matrone A, Lastella P, Nico B, Susca F, Bagnulo R, et al. A novel cell type-specific role of p38alpha in the control of autophagy and cell death in colorectal cancer cells. Cell Death Differ. 2007;14:693-702 pubmed..These data identify p38alpha as a central mediator of colorectal cancer cell homeostasis and establish a rationale for the evaluation of the pharmacological manipulation of the p38alpha pathway in the treatment of colorectal cancer. ..
- Indrio F, Ladisa G, Mautone A, Montagna O. Effect of a fermented formula on thymus size and stool pH in healthy term infants. Pediatr Res. 2007;62:98-100 pubmed..Probiotic fermentation products have effects comparable to those of the bacteria composing the intestinal microflora supporting the idea that intestinal bacterial balance plays an important role in improving host immune responses. ..
- Quaranta M, Daniele A, Coviello M, Venneri M, Abbate I, Caringella M, et al. MMP-2, MMP-9, VEGF and CA 15.3 in breast cancer. Anticancer Res. 2007;27:3593-600 pubmed..3 and well-known clinicopathological characteristics of breast carcinoma, while demonstrating the prognostic value of CA 15.3 and pro MMP-9 in the follow-up of breast cancer patients. ..
- Lascaro D, Castellana S, Gasparre G, Romeo G, Saccone C, Attimonelli M. The RHNumtS compilation: features and bioinformatics approaches to locate and quantify Human NumtS. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:267 pubmed publisher..In the future, the same database will host NumtS compilations from other organisms, but these will be generated only when the nuclear genome of a specific organism has reached a high-quality level of assembly. ..
- Vetrugno M, Cantatore F, Ruggeri G, Ferreri P, Montepara A, Quinto A, et al. Primary open angle glaucoma: an overview on medical therapy. Prog Brain Res. 2008;173:181-93 pubmed publisher..We finally discuss the impact of various glaucoma therapies, the principles of monotherapy and fixed combinations, which offer benefits of convenience, cost, and safety...
- Volpe P, Campobasso G, De Robertis V, Rembouskos G. Disorders of prosencephalic development. Prenat Diagn. 2009;29:340-54 pubmed publisher..In this article we report an up-to-date of pathogenesis, prenatal sonographic findings, differential diagnosis and prognosis of the aforementioned anomalies. ..
- D Eredità G, Giardina C, Napoli A, Troilo V, Fischetti F, Berardi T. Familial and sporadic breast cancers: differences in clinical, histopathological, and immunohistochemical features. Int J Surg Pathol. 2011;19:724-32 pubmed publisher..The authors suggest that late-onset FBCs need more intensive therapy and a more careful follow-up. ..
- Albano F, Anelli L, Zagaria A, Coccaro N, Casieri P, Rossi A, et al. Non random distribution of genomic features in breakpoint regions involved in chronic myeloid leukemia cases with variant t(9;22) or additional chromosomal rearrangements. Mol Cancer. 2010;9:120 pubmed publisher..The presence of several genes and/or miRNAs at the identified breakpoints suggests their potential involvement in the CML pathogenesis. ..
- Dalfino G, Simone S, Porreca S, Cosola C, Balestra C, Manno C, et al. Bone morphogenetic protein-2 may represent the molecular link between oxidative stress and vascular stiffness in chronic kidney disease. Atherosclerosis. 2010;211:418-23 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that in CKD BMP-2 may represent the molecular link between oxidative stress and arterial stiffness due to vascular calcification. ..
- Panaro M, Acquafredda A, Calvello R, Lisi S, Dragone T, Cianciulli A. Organization patterns of the AGFG genes: an evolutionary study. Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol. 2011;33:111-23 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, in birds a highly re-edited form of the AGFG1 core module (Gallus gallus, Galliformes) coexists with a typical form of the AGFG1 core module (Taeniopygia guttata, Passeriformes). ..
- Grattagliano I, Palmieri V, Portincasa P, Minerva F, Palasciano G. Long-term ursodeoxycholate improves circulating redox changes in primary biliary cirrhotic patients. Clin Biochem. 2011;44:1400-4 pubmed publisher..Oxidative and nitrosative changes in patients with PBC are effectively counteracted by UDCA. The protective effect of UDCA, however, are limited to early disease stages and progressively diminishes with ongoing cholestasis. ..
- Rossi A, Torri V, Garassino M, Porcu L, Galetta D. The impact of personalized medicine on survival: comparisons of results in metastatic breast, colorectal and non-small-cell lung cancers. Cancer Treat Rev. 2014;40:485-94 pubmed publisher..We showed that, in the last decades, these three tumors had important and constant OS improvements reached step by step. The relative magnitude of OS improvement seems higher in metastatic NSCLC than MBC and MCRC. ..
- Pergola G, Di Carlo P, Andriola I, Gelao B, Torretta S, Attrotto M, et al. Combined effect of genetic variants in the GluN2B coding gene (GRIN2B) on prefrontal function during working memory performance. Psychol Med. 2016;46:1135-50 pubmed publisher..Multiple genetic variants in GRIN2B are jointly associated with gene expression, prefrontal function and behaviour during WM. These results support the role of GRIN2B genetic variants in WM prefrontal activity in human adults. ..
- Petruzzi M, De Benedittis M. WhatsApp: a telemedicine platform for facilitating remote oral medicine consultation and improving clinical examinations. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol. 2016;121:248-54 pubmed publisher..Telemedicine consultation reduced geographic barriers to initial clinical consultation and encouraged the significant majority of patients to pursue expert clinical examination. ..
- Smit M, Cassidy R, Cozzi Lepri A, Quiros Roldan E, Girardi E, Mammone A, et al. Projections of non-communicable disease and health care costs among HIV-positive persons in Italy and the U.S.A.: A modelling study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186638 pubmed publisher..We provided the first national forecasts for Italy and the Unites States of America (USA) and quantified direct cost of caring for these increasingly complex patients...
- Ventura M, Archidiacono N, Rocchi M. Centromere emergence in evolution. Genome Res. 2001;11:595-9 pubmed..The marker order along these chromosomes, however, was found to be perfectly colinear with humans. Our data unequivocally point to centromere emergence as the most likely explanation of centromere repositioning. ..
- Solfrizzi V, Panza F, D Introno A, Colacicco A, Capurso C, Basile A, et al. Lipoprotein(a), apolipoprotein E genotype, and risk of Alzheimer's disease. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2002;72:732-6 pubmed..15). It is suggested that increased Lp(a) serum concentrations, by increasing the risk for cerebrovascular disease, may have a role in determining clinical AD. ..
- Frezzolini A, De Pita O, Cassano N, D Argento V, Ferranti G, Filotico R, et al. Evaluation of inflammatory parameters in physical urticarias and effects of an anti-inflammatory/antiallergic treatment. Int J Dermatol. 2002;41:431-8 pubmed..These results confirm the therapeutical value of treatment with nimesulide and ketotifen in PU and suggest that these agents are able to reduce the release and the expression of some inflammatory molecules that are up-regulated in PU. ..
- Cormio G, Rossi C, Cazzolla A, Resta L, Loverro G, Greco P, et al. Distant metastases in ovarian carcinoma. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2003;13:125-9 pubmed..Prognosis after documentation of distant metastases is poor. We conclude the most important prognostic factor associated with survival is the interval time between diagnosis of ovarian cancer and documentation of distant metastases. ..
- Nettis E, Colanardi M, Ferrannini A. Type I latex allergy in health care workers with latex-induced contact urticaria syndrome: a follow-up study. Allergy. 2004;59:718-23 pubmed..Our study shows that preventive measures are sufficient to induce a reduction of sensitization. Continued avoidance is needed to prevent re-sensitization or adverse reactions on re-exposure. ..
- Sbisà E, Mastropasqua G, Lefkimmiatis K, Caratozzolo M, D Erchia A, Tullo A. Connecting p63 to cellular proliferation: the example of the adenosine deaminase target gene. Cell Cycle. 2006;5:205-12 pubmed
- Sisto D, Vetrugno M, Trabucco T, Cantatore F, Ruggeri G, Sborgia C. The role of antimetabolites in filtration surgery for neovascular glaucoma: intermediate-term follow-up. Acta Ophthalmol Scand. 2007;85:267-71 pubmed
- d Errico I, Moschetta A. Nuclear receptors, intestinal architecture and colon cancer: an intriguing link. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2008;65:1523-43 pubmed publisher..This review presents the role of nuclear receptors in intestinal carcinogenesis and explores their influence in maintenance of intestinal epithelium architecture. ..
- Moro L, Arbini A, Marra E, Greco M. Mitochondrial DNA depletion reduces PARP-1 levels and promotes progression of the neoplastic phenotype in prostate carcinoma. Cell Oncol. 2008;30:307-22 pubmed..Overall, these results provide novel evidence demonstrating that mtDNA depletion in early prostate carcinoma may contribute to the acquisition of a more invasive phenotype that is less sensitive to paclitaxel-induced apoptosis. ..
- Cellamare A, Catacchio C, Alkan C, Giannuzzi G, Antonacci F, Cardone M, et al. New insights into centromere organization and evolution from the white-cheeked gibbon and marmoset. Mol Biol Evol. 2009;26:1889-900 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our data indicate that complex higher-order repeat structures are a peculiarity of the hominid lineage, showing the more complex organization in humans...
- Sisto M, D Amore M, Caprio S, Mitolo V, Scagliusi P, Lisi S. Tumor necrosis factor inhibitors block apoptosis of human epithelial cells of the salivary glands. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2009;1171:407-14 pubmed publisher..The antiapoptotic effect of adalimumab and etanercept was supported by inhibition of DNA laddering induced by anti-Ro Abs. These data validate the therapeutic efficacy of the anti-TNF reagents in the treatment of autoimmune disorders. ..
- Vetrugno M, Ferreri P, Sborgia C. Ex-PRESS miniature glaucoma device in vitrectomized eyes. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2010;20:945-7 pubmed..To evaluate the clinical efficacy and safety of the Ex-PRESS miniature glaucoma device placed under scleral flap for the treatment of ocular hypertension in eyes that underwent vitreoretinal surgery...
- de Virgilio M, Lombardi A, Caliandro R, Fabbrini M. Ribosome-inactivating proteins: from plant defense to tumor attack. Toxins (Basel). 2010;2:2699-737 pubmed publisher..Here, we will provide a comprehensive picture of plant RIPs and discuss successful designs and features of chimeric molecules having therapeutic potential. ..
- Defazio G, Abbruzzese G, Girlanda P, Liguori R, Santoro L, Tinazzi M, et al. Phenotypic overlap in familial and sporadic primary adult-onset extracranial dystonia. J Neurol. 2012;259:2414-8 pubmed publisher..The phenotypic overlap we observed between the study groups suggests that familial and sporadic patients with primary adult-onset dystonia other than blepharospasm probably share a common etiological background. ..
- Giannuzzi G, Siswara P, Malig M, Marques Bonet T, Mullikin J, Ventura M, et al. Evolutionary dynamism of the primate LRRC37 gene family. Genome Res. 2013;23:46-59 pubmed publisher..Transfection studies in HeLa cells indicate that the human FLAG-tagged recombinant LRRC37 protein is secreted after cleavage of a transmembrane precursor and its overexpression can induce filipodia formation. ..
- Panelli D, Lorusso F, Papa F, Panelli P, Stella A, Caputi M, et al. The mechanism of alternative splicing of the X-linked NDUFB11 gene of the respiratory chain complex I, impact of rotenone treatment in neuroblastoma cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1829:211-8 pubmed publisher..Since rotenone induces apoptosis in neuronal cells, the post-transcriptional regulation of the Ndufb11 gene can be involved in the programmed cell death process. ..
- Maglietta R, Liuzzi V, Cattaneo E, Laczko E, Piepoli A, Panza A, et al. Molecular pathways undergoing dramatic transcriptomic changes during tumor development in the human colon. BMC Cancer. 2012;12:608 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these data provide a launchpad for further exploration of the molecular characterization of colorectal tumorigenesis using systems biology approaches. ..
- Colucci A, Gagliano Candela R, Aventaggiato L, De Donno A, Leonardi S, Strisciullo G, et al. Suicide by self-administration of a drug mixture (propofol, midazolam, and zolpidem) in an anesthesiologist: the first case report in Italy. J Forensic Sci. 2013;58:837-41 pubmed publisher..Adipose tissue and hair analysis suggested a previous and repeated use of these drugs verifying the fact that in Italy recreational abuse of anesthetic and sedative agents in health care practitioners is becoming an increasing problem. ..
- Pignata S, Scambia G, Katsaros D, Gallo C, Pujade Lauraine E, De Placido S, et al. Carboplatin plus paclitaxel once a week versus every 3 weeks in patients with advanced ovarian cancer (MITO-7): a randomised, multicentre, open-label, phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2014;15:396-405 pubmed publisher..A weekly regimen of carboplatin and paclitaxel might be a reasonable option for first-line treatment of women with advanced ovarian cancer. None. ..
- Orzalesi L, Casella D, Santi C, Cecconi L, Murgo R, Rinaldi S, et al. Nipple sparing mastectomy: Surgical and oncological outcomes from a national multicentric registry with 913 patients (1006 cases) over a six year period. Breast. 2016;25:75-81 pubmed publisher..Surgical and oncological results show that NSM is effective. This National multicentric analysis enables a comparison of results with no geographical differences and a "safe" state of the art of NSM in Italy. ..
- Voilliot D, Magne J, Dulgheru R, Kou S, Henri C, Caballero L, et al. Prediction of new onset of resting pulmonary arterial hypertension in systemic sclerosis. Arch Cardiovasc Dis. 2016;109:268-77 pubmed publisher..6, 95% confidence interval 2.4-55.3; P=0.002). Exercise echocardiography and NVC can identify a subgroup of patients with systemic sclerosis who are at risk of developing FUPH. ..
- Castagnetti F, Gugliotta G, Breccia M, Iurlo A, Levato L, Albano F, et al. The BCR-ABL1 transcript type influences response and outcome in Philadelphia chromosome-positive chronic myeloid leukemia patients treated frontline with imatinib. Am J Hematol. 2017;92:797-805 pubmed publisher..001) were significantly better in patients with e14a2 transcript. In conclusion, patients with e13a2 transcript had a slower molecular response with inferior response rates to imatinib and a poorer long-term outcome. ..
- Calasso M, Mancini L, de Angelis M, Conte A, Costa C, Del Nobile M, et al. Multiple microbial cell-free extracts improve the microbiological, biochemical and sensory features of ewes' milk cheese. Food Microbiol. 2017;66:129-140 pubmed publisher..05) for internal structure, acid taste and juiciness than CC samples. This study shows the possibility of producing ewes' milk cheese with standardized characteristics and improved flavor intensity in a relatively short time. ..
- Piccinno A, Cirillo Marucco E, Ludovico G, Pagliarulo A. Study of mepartricin possible interactions with antilipemic drugs. Controlled clinical trials in patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia. Panminerva Med. 1990;32:122-5 pubmed
- de Tommaso M, Valeriani M, Guido M, Libro G, Specchio L, Tonali P, et al. Abnormal brain processing of cutaneous pain in patients with chronic migraine. Pain. 2003;101:25-32 pubmed..In both headache groups, an inability to reduce pain elaboration during an alternative cognitive task emerged as an abnormal behaviour probably predisposing to migraine. ..
- Lauta V. A review of the cytokine network in multiple myeloma: diagnostic, prognostic, and therapeutic implications. Cancer. 2003;97:2440-52 pubmed
- Cormio G, Santamato S, Putignano G, Bettocchi S, Pascazio F. Concomitant abdominal and intrauterine pregnancy after in vitro fertilization in a woman with bilateral salpingectomy. A case report. J Reprod Med. 2003;48:747-9 pubmed..A careful ultrasound examination should be performed on women who have undergone IVF-ET, and the possibility of abdominal pregnancy should be kept in mind in the differential diagnosis of acute abdomen. ..
- Triggiani V, Resta F, Guastamacchia E, Sabba C, Licchelli B, Ghiyasaldin S, et al. Role of antioxidants, essential fatty acids, carnitine, vitamins, phytochemicals and trace elements in the treatment of diabetes mellitus and its chronic complications. Endocr Metab Immune Disord Drug Targets. 2006;6:77-93 pubmed..In this regard, we have attempted to review the current concepts dealing with the usefulness of these complementary therapies in treating diabetic patients. ..
- D Aprile P, Tarantino A, Jinkins J, Brindicci D. The value of fat saturation sequences and contrast medium administration in MRI of degenerative disease of the posterior/perispinal elements of the lumbosacral spine. Eur Radiol. 2007;17:523-31 pubmed
- Ramunni A, Quaranta N, Saliani M, Fallacara R, Ria R, Ranieri G. Does a reduction of adhesion molecules by LDL-apheresis have a role in the treatment of sudden hearing loss?. Ther Apher Dial. 2006;10:282-6 pubmed..In this patient, in addition to reducing LDL cholesterol and fibrinogen, the circulating adhesion molecules (sE-selectin, sVCAM-1 and sICAM-1), previously present in higher than normal concentrations, were reduced by the treatment...
- Scavelli C, Nico B, Cirulli T, Ria R, Di Pietro G, Mangieri D, et al. Vasculogenic mimicry by bone marrow macrophages in patients with multiple myeloma. Oncogene. 2008;27:663-74 pubmed..Macrophages may be a target for the MM antivascular treatment. ..
- Lancioni G, O Reilly M, Singh N, Sigafoos J, Didden R, Oliva D, et al. Persons with multiple disabilities and minimal motor behavior using small forehead movements and new microswitch technology to control environmental stimuli. Percept Mot Skills. 2007;104:870-8 pubmed..postintervention check. Analysis showed both participants increased their responding during the intervention phases and maintained that responding at the postintervention check. Implications of the findings were discussed...
- Racanelli V, Prete M, Minoia C, Favoino E, Perosa F. Rheumatic disorders as paraneoplastic syndromes. Autoimmun Rev. 2008;7:352-8 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes current hypotheses for the pathogenesis that leads a tumor to present as an RD and discusses the clinical features that help distinguish paraneoplastic from idiopathic RDs. ..
- Ventura M, Tummolo R, Di Leo E, D Ersasmo M, Arsieni A. Immediate and cell-mediated reactions in parasitic infections by Anisakis simplex. J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol. 2008;18:253-9 pubmed..This observation may be explained by differences in the allergenic proteins involved, and further studies will be required to address this possibility. ..
- Potenza M, Gagliardi S, Nacci C, Carratu M, Montagnani M. Endothelial dysfunction in diabetes: from mechanisms to therapeutic targets. Curr Med Chem. 2009;16:94-112 pubmed..In addition, novel therapeutic strategies that may result from recently identified targets are also described. ..
- Ribatti D. The controversial role of placental growth factor in tumor growth. Cancer Lett. 2011;307:1-5 pubmed publisher..Depending on the model, PlGF overexpression has been shown to result in tumor growth promotion or inhibition. This review article summarizes the most relevant literature data concerning this still unsolved important question. ..
- Angiletta D, Marinazzo D, Guido G, Greco L, Regina G. Spinal cord, bowel, and buttock ischemia after endovascular aneurysm repair. Ann Vasc Surg. 2011;25:980.e15-9 pubmed publisher..The possible pathogenic mechanisms involved in the onset of these ischemic complications are discussed in this article. ..
- Depalo R, Jayakrishan K, Garruti G, Totaro I, Panzarino M, Giorgino F, et al. GnRH agonist versus GnRH antagonist in in vitro fertilization and embryo transfer (IVF/ET). Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2012;10:26 pubmed publisher..Future developments have to be focused on timing of the administration of GnRH antagonists, by giving a great attention to new strategies of stimulation in patients in which radio-chemotherapy cycles are needed...
- Divella R, Daniele A, Savino E, Palma F, Bellizzi A, Giotta F, et al. Circulating levels of transforming growth factor-?eta (TGF-?) and chemokine (C-X-C motif) ligand-1 (CXCL1) as predictors of distant seeding of circulating tumor cells in patients with metastatic breast cancer. Anticancer Res. 2013;33:1491-7 pubmed..Our study shows that elevated circulating levels of TGF-? and CXCL1 are associated with a poor prognosis, and higher detection of CTCs and propensity of these cells to seed lung metastases in patients with breast cancer. ..
- Cantarini L, Vitale A, Bersani G, Nieves L, Cattalini M, Lopalco G, et al. PFAPA syndrome and BehÃ§et's disease: a comparison of two medical entities based on the clinical interviews performed by three different specialists. Clin Rheumatol. 2016;35:501-5 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that physician awareness and expertise are central to the diagnosis of autoinflammatory disorders through an accurate collection of the medical history. ..
- Tartagni M, Matteo M, Baldini D, Tartagni M, Alrasheed H, De Salvia M, et al. Males with low serum levels of vitamin D have lower pregnancy rates when ovulation induction and timed intercourse are used as a treatment for infertile couples: results from a pilot study. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2015;13:127 pubmed publisher..05) in couples with normal Vit D levels. These results suggest the existence of a relationship between male Vit D serum levels and semen ability to begin a pregnancy during cycles of timed vaginal intercourse. ..
- Montella S, Baraldi E, Cazzato S, Aralla R, Berardi M, Brunetti L, et al. Severe asthma features in children: a case-control online survey. Ital J Pediatr. 2016;42:9 pubmed publisher..Psychological aspects are compromised in a large number of cases and deserve further investigation. ..
- Farooqi A, Gadaleta C, Ranieri G, Fayyaz S, Marech I. New Frontiers in Promoting TRAIL-Mediated Cell Death: Focus on Natural Sensitizers, miRNAs, and Nanotechnological Advancements. Cell Biochem Biophys. 2016;74:3-10 pubmed publisher..Comprehensive knowledge of genetics and proteomics of TRAIL-based signaling network obtained from cancer patients of different populations will be helpful in getting a step closer to personalized medicine. ..
- Raffetti E, Donato F, Casari S, Castelnuovo F, Sighinolfi L, Bandera A, et al. Systemic inflammation-based scores and mortality for all causes in HIV-infected patients: a MASTER cohort study. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:193 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that NLR and PLR can reflect the severity of the underlying systemic disturbance of the inflammatory process and coagulation leading to augmented mortality in HIV positive subjects. ..
- Gallone M, Gallone M, Larocca A, Germinario C, Tafuri S. Lack of immunity against rubella among Italian young adults. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:199 pubmed publisher..3; p?<?0.0001). According to our data, too many women of child-bearing age are still unprotected from rubella in the elimination era and in this scenario the public health efforts should be oriented to catch-up activities. ..
- Di Iaconi C, Di Pinto A, Ricco G, Tomei M. Treatment options for tannery wastewater II: integrated chemical and biological oxidation. Ann Chim. 2002;92:531-9 pubmed..In addition, the proposed treatment presents the significant advantage of no additional sludge production, as happens with commonly utilized tertiary processes (i.e. Fenton), that is characterized by high chemical sludge production. ..
- D Erchia A, Tullo A, Lefkimmiatis K, Saccone C, Sbisà E. The fatty acid synthase gene is a conserved p53 family target from worm to human. Cell Cycle. 2006;5:750-8 pubmed..These data confirm the hypothesis that the ancestral functions of the single invertebrate gene may have been spread out among the three vertebrate members, each of them have acquired specific role in cell cycle regulation. ..