Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on membrane glycoproteins in Haifa, Israel
Locale: Haifa, Israel
Topic: membrane glycoproteins
- Gattegno T, Mittal A, Valansi C, Nguyen K, Hall D, Chernomordik L, et al. Genetic control of fusion pore expansion in the epidermis of Caenorhabditis elegans. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:1153-66 pubmed..The first cell fusion does not trigger a wave of orderly fusions in either direction. Ultrastructural studies show that epidermal syncytiogenesis require eff-1 activities to initiate and expand membrane merger...
- Varshavsky A, Kessler O, Abramovitch S, Kigel B, Zaffryar S, Akiri G, et al. Semaphorin-3B is an angiogenesis inhibitor that is inactivated by furin-like pro-protein convertases. Cancer Res. 2008;68:6922-31 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that up-regulation of furin-like pro-protein convertases in malignant cells may enable tumors to evade the antiangiogenic effects of sema3B. ..
- Abassi Z, Shalabi A, Sohotnik R, Nativ O, Awad H, Bishara B, et al. Urinary NGAL and KIM-1: biomarkers for assessment of acute ischemic kidney injury following nephron sparing surgery. J Urol. 2013;189:1559-66 pubmed publisher..Renal injury severity after nephron sparing surgery could be quantitatively assessed by measuring urinary NGAL and KIM-1. ..
- Oren Suissa M, Gattegno T, Kravtsov V, Podbilewicz B. Extrinsic Repair of Injured Dendrites as a Paradigm for Regeneration by Fusion in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genetics. 2017;206:215-230 pubmed publisher..EFF-1 is essential for dendritic pruning after injury and extrinsic AFF-1 mediates dendrite fusion to bypass injuries. ..
- Podbilewicz B, Leikina E, Sapir A, Valansi C, Suissa M, Shemer G, et al. The C. elegans developmental fusogen EFF-1 mediates homotypic fusion in heterologous cells and in vivo. Dev Cell. 2006;11:471-81 pubmed..Thus, although EFF-1-mediated fusion shares characteristics with viral and intracellular fusion, including an apparent hemifusion step, it differs from these reactions in the homotypic organization of the fusion machinery. ..
- Berko D, Herkon O, Braunstein I, Isakov E, David Y, Ziv T, et al. Inherent asymmetry in the 26S proteasome is defined by the ubiquitin receptor RPN13. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:5609-18 pubmed publisher..Our data point to a potential new role for ubiquitin receptors as directionality factors that may participate in the prevention of simultaneous substrates translocation into the 20S from both 19S caps...
- Smurova K, Podbilewicz B. RAB-5- and DYNAMIN-1-Mediated Endocytosis of EFF-1 Fusogen Controls Cell-Cell Fusion. Cell Rep. 2016;14:1517-1527 pubmed publisher..Downregulation of dynamin or RAB-5 caused EFF-1 mislocalization to all apical membrane domains and excessive fusion. Thus, internalization of EFF-1 is a safety mechanism preventing excessive cell fusion. ..
- Avinoam O, Fridman K, Valansi C, Abutbul I, Zeev Ben Mordehai T, Maurer U, et al. Conserved eukaryotic fusogens can fuse viral envelopes to cells. Science. 2011;332:589-92 pubmed publisher..Thus, FF proteins are part of an ancient family of cellular fusogens that can promote fusion when expressed on a viral particle. ..
- Oren Suissa M, Hall D, Treinin M, Shemer G, Podbilewicz B. The fusogen EFF-1 controls sculpting of mechanosensory dendrites. Science. 2010;328:1285-8 pubmed publisher..Neuronal pruning appeared to involve EFF-1-dependent branch retraction and neurite-neurite autofusion. Thus, EFF-1 activities may act as a quality control mechanism during the sculpting of dendritic trees...
- Shemer G, Suissa M, Kolotuev I, Nguyen K, Hall D, Podbilewicz B. EFF-1 is sufficient to initiate and execute tissue-specific cell fusion in C. elegans. Curr Biol. 2004;14:1587-91 pubmed..Surprisingly, eff-1 is not required to fuse the gonadal anchor cell to uterine cells. Thus, eff-1 is sufficient and essential for most but not all cell fusion events during C. elegans development. ..
- Seagal J, Melamed D. Contribution of alphabeta and gammadelta T cells to the generation of primary immunoglobulin G-driven autoimmune response in immunoglobulin- mu-deficient/lpr mice. Immunology. 2004;112:265-73 pubmed
- Kraizer Y, Mawasi N, Seagal J, Paizi M, Assy N, Spira G. Vascular endothelial growth factor and angiopoietin in liver regeneration. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;287:209-15 pubmed..We now report similar effect using VEGF121, further demonstrating the benefit of manipulating growth factors where such an intervention is required. ..
- Felzen B, Shilkrut M, Less H, Sarapov I, Maor G, Coleman R, et al. Fas (CD95/Apo-1)-mediated damage to ventricular myocytes induced by cytotoxic T lymphocytes from perforin-deficient mice: a major role for inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate. Circ Res. 1998;82:438-50 pubmed..We conclude that a Fas-based perforin-independent mechanism of CTL action can account for the immunopathology seen in the allotransplanted heart, myocarditis, and dilated cardiomyopathy. ..