Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Tel Aviv, Israel
Locale: Tel Aviv, Israel
Publications345 found, 100 shown here
- Divinski I, Holtser Cochav M, Vulih Schultzman I, Steingart R, Gozes I. Peptide neuroprotection through specific interaction with brain tubulin. J Neurochem. 2006;98:973-84 pubmed..Thus, the underlying mechanism for the neuroprotection offered by NAP is targeting neuronal microtubules that are essential for neuronal survival and function. ..
- Korzh A, Keren O, Gafni M, Bar Josef H, Sarne Y. Modulation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) by opioid and cannabinoid receptors that are expressed in the same cell. Brain Res. 2008;1189:23-32 pubmed..The characterization of cannabinoid- and opioid-induced ERK activation in these two cell-lines enables future studies into possible interactions between these two groups of drugs at the level of MAPK signaling. ..
- Ben Shoshan J, Maysel Auslender S, Mor A, Keren G, George J. Hypoxia controls CD4+CD25+ regulatory T-cell homeostasis via hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha. Eur J Immunol. 2008;38:2412-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, hypoxia dictates an anti-inflammatory program by driving expression of HIF-1alpha that acts to increase the number and suppressive properties of naturally occurring CD4(+)CD25(+) Treg. ..
- Shemesh R, Toporik A, Levine Z, Hecht I, Rotman G, Wool A, et al. Discovery and validation of novel peptide agonists for G-protein-coupled receptors. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:34643-9 pubmed publisher..Most of the peptides showed distinct stimulatory patterns targeted at designated and orphan GPCRs. Further analysis demonstrated a significant in vivo effect for one of the peptides in a mouse inflammation model. ..
- Zusev M, Benayahu D. The regulation of MS-KIF18A expression and cross talk with estrogen receptor. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6407 pubmed publisher..Presented data demonstrated that ERalpha is a defined cargo of MS-KIF18A and added novel insight on the role of estrogen in regulation of MS-KIF18A expression both in vivo and in vitro. ..
- Vatine G, Vallone D, Appelbaum L, Mracek P, Ben Moshe Z, Lahiri K, et al. Light directs zebrafish period2 expression via conserved D and E boxes. PLoS Biol. 2009;7:e1000223 pubmed publisher..These findings extend the general understanding of the mechanism whereby the clock is entrained by light and how the regulation of clock gene expression by light has evolved in vertebrates...
- Zahavi A, Perel M. The information encoded by the sex steroid hormones testosterone and estrogen: a hypothesis. J Theor Biol. 2011;280:146-9 pubmed publisher..The increased oxidative damage may also explain why in males the testosterone that reaches the brain is turned into estrogen. We also suggest why fish use 11-keto testosterone and why insects do not use these two steroids. ..
- Levi M, Ghetler Y, Shulman A, Shalgi R. Morphological and molecular markers are correlated with maturation-competence of human oocytes. Hum Reprod. 2013;28:2482-9 pubmed publisher..Does the position of the germinal vesicle (GV) in human oocytes correlate with molecular and morphological parameters as well as with maturation-competence?..
- Levine R. Tinnitus: diagnostic approach leading to treatment. Semin Neurol. 2013;33:256-69 pubmed publisher..Hyperacusis, a frequent accompaniment of tinnitus, and its treatment are discussed. ..
- Nelson N. Metal ion transporters and homeostasis. EMBO J. 1999;18:4361-71 pubmed..The studies of yeast metal ion transporters helped to unravel the molecular mechanism of macrophage defense against bacterial infection and hereditary diseases. ..
- Dotan I, Hershkoviz R, Karmeli F, Brazowski E, Peled Y, Rachmilewitz D, et al. Heparin and low-molecular-weight heparin (enoxaparin) significantly ameliorate experimental colitis in rats. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2001;15:1687-97 pubmed..We investigated whether a low dose of low-molecular-weight heparin-enoxaparin (Clexane, Rhône-Poulenc Rorer, France)-ameliorates the inflammatory response in two models of experimental colitis...
- Rabinovich E, Kerem A, Frohlich K, Diamant N, Bar Nun S. AAA-ATPase p97/Cdc48p, a cytosolic chaperone required for endoplasmic reticulum-associated protein degradation. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:626-34 pubmed
- Berger S, Shapira I. Hemorrhagic fevers and bioterror. Isr Med Assoc J. 2002;4:513-9 pubmed
- Plotkin B, Kaidanovich O, Talior I, Eldar Finkelman H. Insulin mimetic action of synthetic phosphorylated peptide inhibitors of glycogen synthase kinase-3. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2003;305:974-80 pubmed..We present here a novel rational strategy for developing specific GSK-3 inhibitors and point toward GSK-3 as a promising therapeutic target in insulin resistance and type-2 diabetes. ..
- Hochhauser E, Ben Ari Z, Pappo O, Chepurko Y, Vidne B. TPEN attenuates hepatic apoptotic ischemia/ reperfusion injury and remote early cardiac dysfunction. Apoptosis. 2005;10:53-62 pubmed..In conclusion, TPEN attenuates post-ischemic apoptotic hepatic injury by modulating caspase-3-like activity and reduces the cardioactive substances released from the liver. ..
- Tsubery H, Yaakov H, Cohen S, Giterman T, Matityahou A, Fridkin M, et al. Neopeptide antibiotics that function as opsonins and membrane-permeabilizing agents for gram-negative bacteria. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2005;49:3122-8 pubmed..Since resistance to polymyxins, the parent molecules of the synthetic cyclic peptides, is rare, the emergence of bacteria resistant to the antimicrobial properties of the peptide conjugates may be precluded as well. ..
- Kfir S, Ehrlich M, Goldshmid A, Liu X, Kloog Y, Henis Y. Pathway- and expression level-dependent effects of oncogenic N-Ras: p27(Kip1) mislocalization by the Ral-GEF pathway and Erk-mediated interference with Smad signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:8239-50 pubmed..These findings have important implications for the contribution of activated Ras to oncogenesis and for the conversion of TGF-beta from an inhibitory to a metastatic factor in some epithelial tumors. ..
- Starr A, Greif J, Vexler A, Ashkenazy Voghera M, Gladesh V, Rubin C, et al. ErbB4 increases the proliferation potential of human lung cancer cells and its blockage can be used as a target for anti-cancer therapy. Int J Cancer. 2006;119:269-74 pubmed..The results of the current study provide evidence that ErbB-4 plays a significant role in human lung cancer and may serve as a molecular target for anticancer therapy. ..
- Zenvirt S, Nevo Caspi Y, Rencus Lazar S, Segal D. Drosophila LIM-only is a positive regulator of transcription during thoracic bristle development. Genetics. 2008;179:1989-99 pubmed publisher..We propose that DLMO exerts its positive effect on DC bristle development by serving as a bridging molecule between components of the thoracic transcription complex...
- Wolfenson H, Lubelski A, Regev T, Klafter J, Henis Y, Geiger B. A role for the juxtamembrane cytoplasm in the molecular dynamics of focal adhesions. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4304 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings, we propose a new model for the regulation of FA dynamics in which this juxtamembrane domain acts as an intermediary layer, enabling an efficient regulation of FA formation and reorganization. ..
- Ayali A. The role of the arthropod stomatogastric nervous system in moulting behaviour and ecdysis. J Exp Biol. 2009;212:453-9 pubmed publisher..New insights into the neurohormonal control of ecdysis, related to the STNS in both insects and crustaceans, are also presented and comparatively discussed. ..
- Kliger Y, Levy O, Oren A, Ashkenazy H, Tiran Z, Novik A, et al. Peptides modulating conformational changes in secreted chaperones: from in silico design to preclinical proof of concept. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:13797-801 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate a previously uncharacterized method for rational design of protein antagonists. ..
- Darom A, Bening Abu Shach U, Broday L. RNF-121 is an endoplasmic reticulum-membrane E3 ubiquitin ligase involved in the regulation of beta-integrin. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:1788-98 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify RNF-121 as an ER-anchored ubiquitin ligase that plays a specific role in the ERAD pathway by linking it to the regulation of the cell adhesion integrin receptors. ..
- Zvuloni A, van Woesik R, Loya Y. Diversity partitioning of stony corals across multiple spatial scales around Zanzibar Island, Tanzania. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9941 pubmed publisher..In light of coral community compositions and diversity patterns we strongly recommend that Bawe be declared a MPA. ..
- Schayek H, Seti H, Greenberg N, Sun S, Werner H, Plymate S. Differential regulation of insulin-like growth factor-I receptor gene expression by wild type and mutant androgen receptor in prostate cancer cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2010;323:239-45 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that prostate cancer progression is associated with a decrease in IGF-IR expression that could be the result of impaired ability of AR to stimulate IGF-IR gene expression. ..
- Sorek N, Gutman O, Bar E, Abu Abied M, Feng X, Running M, et al. Differential effects of prenylation and s-acylation on type I and II ROPS membrane interaction and function. Plant Physiol. 2011;155:706-20 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our studies show how prenyl and S-acyl lipid modifications affect ROP subcellular distribution, membrane interaction dynamics, and function. ..
- Vaknin Y, Shadkchan Y, Levdansky E, Morozov M, Romano J, Osherov N. The three Aspergillus fumigatus CFEM-domain GPI-anchored proteins (CfmA-C) affect cell-wall stability but do not play a role in fungal virulence. Fungal Genet Biol. 2014;63:55-64 pubmed publisher..fumigatus. ..
- Borella E, Nesher G, Israeli E, Shoenfeld Y. Vitamin D: a new anti-infective agent?. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2014;1317:76-83 pubmed publisher..Vitamin D may be acting as a panaceal antibiotic agent and thus may be useful as an adjuvant therapy in diverse infections. ..
- Attias J, Hod R, Raveh E, Mizrachi A, Avraham K, Lenz D, et al. Hearing loss patterns after cochlear implantation via the round window in an animal model. Am J Otolaryngol. 2016;37:162-8 pubmed publisher..Hearing loss following cochlear implantation in normal hearing animals is progressive and of mixed type, but mainly conductive. Changes in the inner-ear mechanism are most likely responsible for the conductive hearing loss. ..
- Nelson N, Harvey W. Vacuolar and plasma membrane proton-adenosinetriphosphatases. Physiol Rev. 1999;79:361-85 pubmed..Similarly, some brown and red alga maintain internal pH as low as 0.1 in their vacuoles. One of the outstanding questions in the field is how such a conserved enzyme as the V-ATPase can fulfill such diverse functions...
- Elkabetz Y, Kerem A, Tencer L, Winitz D, Kopito R, Bar Nun S. Immunoglobulin light chains dictate vesicular transport-dependent and -independent routes for IgM degradation by the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:18922-9 pubmed..Although both routes converge at the ubiquitin-proteasome degradation pathway, only in light chain-expressing cells is vesicular transport a prerequisite for mu ubiquitination. ..
- Shefi O, Golebowicz S, Ben Jacob E, Ayali A. A two-phase growth strategy in cultured neuronal networks as reflected by the distribution of neurite branching angles. J Neurobiol. 2005;62:361-8 pubmed..The two-phase development theory is discussed in relation to previous results. ..
- Barnoy S, Maki M, Kosower N. Overexpression of calpastatin inhibits L8 myoblast fusion. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;332:697-701 pubmed..These results suggest that, in addition to the role in membrane disorganization in the fusing myoblasts, the calpain-calpastatin system may also modulate the levels of factors required for myoblast differentiation. ..
- Dvorkin A, Culver K, Szechtman H. Differential effects of clorgyline on sensitization to quinpirole in rats tested in small and large environments. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2006;186:534-43 pubmed..However, like with other psychostimulant drugs, sensitization to quinpirole is modulated by environmental context. It is not known whether the clorgyline cotreatment effect is likewise influenced by the environment...
- Kapp Barnea Y, Ninio Many L, Hirschberg K, Fukuda M, Jeromin A, Sagi Eisenberg R. Neuronal calcium sensor-1 and phosphatidylinositol 4-kinase beta stimulate extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 signaling by accelerating recycling through the endocytic recycling compartment. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:4130-41 pubmed..Our results further identify the ERC as a crucial determinant in controlling ERK1/2 signaling. ..
- Bruck R, Ashkenazi M, Weiss S, Goldiner I, Shapiro H, Aeed H, et al. Prevention of liver cirrhosis in rats by curcumin. Liver Int. 2007;27:373-83 pubmed..The aim of the present study was to examine the efficacy of curcumin in preventing thioacetamide-induced cirrhosis and to unravel the mechanism of curcumin's effect on hepatic fibrosis in rats...
- Sagi Eisenberg R. The mast cell: where endocytosis and regulated exocytosis meet. Immunol Rev. 2007;217:292-303 pubmed..Accordingly, NCS-1 stimulates Fc epsilon RI-triggered exocytosis and release of arachidonic acid metabolites. ..
- Stern N, Osher E, Greenman Y. Hypoadiponectinemia as a marker of adipocyte dysfunction -- Part I: the biology of adiponectin. J Cardiometab Syndr. 2007;2:174-82 pubmed..Inhibition of adiponectin secretion results in the loss of an array of mechanisms, which under normal conditions of fat cell homeostasis provide protection from insulin resistance, diabetes, and atherosclerosis. ..
- Spector D, Rabi Y, Vasserman I, Hardy A, Klausner J, Rabau M, et al. In vitro large diameter bowel anastomosis using a temperature controlled laser tissue soldering system and albumin stent. Lasers Surg Med. 2009;41:504-8 pubmed publisher..001). This report describes the in vitro LTB anastomosis of a large diameter cylindrical organ. The immediate bond strength, as estimated by burst pressure measurements, was double compared to sutured anastomosis. ..
- Solomon B. Immunotherapeutic strategies for Alzheimer's disease treatment. ScientificWorldJournal. 2009;9:909-19 pubmed publisher..Immunotherapy represents fascinating ways to test the amyloid hypothesis and offers genuine opportunities for AD treatment, but requires careful antigen and antibody selection to maximize efficacy and minimize adverse events. ..
- Zaidel Bar R, Miller S, Kaminsky R, Broday L. Molting-specific downregulation of C. elegans body-wall muscle attachment sites: the role of RNF-5 E3 ligase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;395:509-14 pubmed publisher..These observations indicate that increased DB dynamics characterizes the lethargus phase of molting in parallel to decreased levels of DB components and that temporal expression of RNF-5 contributes to an efficient molting process. ..
- Tselnicker I, Tsemakhovich V, Dessauer C, Dascal N. Stargazin modulates neuronal voltage-dependent Ca(2+) channel Ca(v)2.2 by a Gbetagamma-dependent mechanism. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:20462-71 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the regulation by stargazin of biophysical properties of Ca(V)2.2 are not exerted by direct modulation of the channel but via a Gbetagamma-dependent mechanism. ..
- Eisenberg S, Beckett A, Prior I, Dekker F, Hedberg C, Waldmann H, et al. Raft protein clustering alters N-Ras membrane interactions and activation pattern. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:3938-52 pubmed publisher..This mechanism demonstrates a functional signaling role for the activation-dependent differential association of Ras isoforms with raft nanodomains. ..
- Entin Meer M, Ben Shoshan J, Maysel Auslender S, Levy R, Goryainov P, Schwartz I, et al. Accelerated renal fibrosis in cardiorenal syndrome is associated with long-term increase in urine neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin levels. Am J Nephrol. 2012;36:190-200 pubmed publisher..The data indicate that elevated urine Ngal may potentially serve as an early non-invasive laboratory parameter for a left ventricular dysfunction-related renal injury. ..
- Meisel E, Dvir M, Haitin Y, Giladi M, Peretz A, Attali B. KCNQ1 channels do not undergo concerted but sequential gating transitions in both the absence and the presence of KCNE1 protein. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:34212-24 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that KCNQ1 channels in both the absence and the presence of KCNE1 undergo sequential gating transitions leading to channel opening even before all VSDs have moved. ..
- Cabilly Y, Barbi M, Geva M, Marom L, Chetrit D, Ehrlich M, et al. Poor cerebral inflammatory response in eIF2B knock-in mice: implications for the aetiology of vanishing white matter disease. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46715 pubmed publisher..Importantly, it rationalises the deterioration of clinical symptoms upon exposure of VWM patients to physiological stressors and provides possible explanation for their high phenotypic variability. ..
- Levy Barazany H, Barazany D, Puckett L, Blanga Kanfi S, Borenstein Auerbach N, Yang K, et al. Brain MRI of nasal MOG therapeutic effect in relapsing-progressive EAE. Exp Neurol. 2014;255:63-70 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate a beneficial effect of nasal MOG on relapsing-progressive EAE and demonstrate that non-invasive MRI imaging may be used to monitor treatment of ongoing disease in this model for testing new therapies for MS. ..
- Schayek H, Haugk K, Sun S, True L, Plymate S, Werner H. Tumor suppressor BRCA1 is expressed in prostate cancer and controls insulin-like growth factor I receptor (IGF-IR) gene transcription in an androgen receptor-dependent manner. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:1558-65 pubmed publisher..The mechanism of action of BRCA1 involves modulation of IGF-IR gene transcription. In addition, immunohistochemical data are consistent with a potential survival role of BRCA1 in prostate cancer. ..
- Merenlender Wagner A, Pikman R, Giladi E, Andrieux A, Gozes I. NAP (davunetide) enhances cognitive behavior in the STOP heterozygous mouse--a microtubule-deficient model of schizophrenia. Peptides. 2010;31:1368-73 pubmed publisher..Daily intranasal NAP treatment significantly decreased hyperactivity in the STOP+/- mice and protected visual memory. ..
- Gilboa L, Wells R, Lodish H, Henis Y. Oligomeric structure of type I and type II transforming growth factor beta receptors: homodimers form in the ER and persist at the plasma membrane. J Cell Biol. 1998;140:767-77 pubmed..These findings may have important implications for the regulation of TGF-beta signaling. ..
- Vahava O, Morell R, Lynch E, Weiss S, Kagan M, Ahituv N, et al. Mutation in transcription factor POU4F3 associated with inherited progressive hearing loss in humans. Science. 1998;279:1950-4 pubmed..A truncated protein presumably impairs high-affinity binding of this transcription factor in a dominant negative fashion, leading to progressive hearing loss. ..
- Chapman J, Shoenfeld Y. Neurological and neuroendocrine-cytokine inter-relationship in the antiphospholipid syndrome. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2002;966:415-24 pubmed
- Shiloh Y. ATM and related protein kinases: safeguarding genome integrity. Nat Rev Cancer. 2003;3:155-68 pubmed..Understanding ATM's mode of action provides new insights into the association between defective responses to DNA damage and cancer, and brings us closer to resolving the issue of cancer predisposition in some A-T carriers. ..
- Matalon S, Blank M, Matsuura E, Inagaki J, Nomizu M, Levi Y, et al. Immunization of naïve mice with mouse laminin-1 affected pregnancy outcome in a mouse model. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2003;50:159-65 pubmed..Active immunization with laminin-1 followed by elevated circulating anti-laminin-1 antibodies results in reproductive failure manifested by a higher fetal resorption rate. ..
- Talior I, Yarkoni M, Bashan N, Eldar Finkelman H. Increased glucose uptake promotes oxidative stress and PKC-delta activation in adipocytes of obese, insulin-resistant mice. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2003;285:E295-302 pubmed..These consequential events may be responsible, at least in part, for development of HF diet-induced insulin resistance in the fat tissue. ..
- Ziv L, Levkovitz S, Toyama R, Falcon J, Gothilf Y. Functional development of the zebrafish pineal gland: light-induced expression of period2 is required for onset of the circadian clock. J Neuroendocrinol. 2005;17:314-20 pubmed..These experiments indicated that light-induced zper2 expression is crucial for establishment of the clock-controlled zfaanat2 rhythm in the zebrafish pineal gland. ..
- Haim K, Ben Aharon I, Shalgi R. Expression and immunolocalization of the calpain-calpastatin system during parthenogenetic activation and fertilization in the rat egg. Reproduction. 2006;131:35-43 pubmed
- Appelbaum L, Gothilf Y. Mechanism of pineal-specific gene expression: the role of E-box and photoreceptor conserved elements. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2006;252:27-33 pubmed..Therefore, the mechanism identified for zebrafish aanat2, or at least part of it, may apply to other photoreceptor-specific genes in zebrafish and other species. ..
- Shmilovich H, Danon A, Binah O, Roth A, Chen G, Wexler D, et al. Autoantibodies to cardiac troponin I in patients with idiopathic dilated and ischemic cardiomyopathy. Int J Cardiol. 2007;117:198-203 pubmed..IgG antibodies to TpnI are increased in a significant number of patients with both ICM and idiopathic DCM, yet it appears that these autoantibodies cannot bind heart muscle cells or influence [Ca2+]i transients. ..
- Barak S, Weiner I. Scopolamine induces disruption of latent inhibition which is prevented by antipsychotic drugs and an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2007;32:989-99 pubmed..We propose scopolamine-induced LI disruption as a model of cholinergic-related positive symptoms in schizophrenia. ..
- Vistoropsky Y, Malkin I, Kobyliansky E, Livshits G. Osteoprotegerin plasma levels are strongly associated with polymorphisms in human homologue of the mouse progressive ankylosis (ANKH) gene. Ann Hum Genet. 2007;71:302-7 pubmed..The molecular mechanism underlying this association is not obvious, and therefore these results should be regarded cautiously until they are confirmed in independent studies. ..
- Gilad G, Gilad V. Astroglia growth retardation and increased microglia proliferation by lithium and ornithine decarboxylase inhibitor in rat cerebellar cultures: Cytotoxicity by combined lithium and polyamine inhibition. J Neurosci Res. 2007;85:594-601 pubmed..This implies that direct effects on astrocytes and microglia may contribute to the effects of lithium on neurons. ..
- Hertzano R, Dror A, Montcouquiol M, Ahmed Z, Ellsworth B, Camper S, et al. Lhx3, a LIM domain transcription factor, is regulated by Pou4f3 in the auditory but not in the vestibular system. Eur J Neurosci. 2007;25:999-1005 pubmed..This is the first example of a hair cell-specific gene expressed both in auditory and in vestibular hair cells, with differential regulation of expression in these two closely related systems. ..
- Ravid O, Shams I, Ben Califa N, Nevo E, Avivi A, Neumann D. An extracellular region of the erythropoietin receptor of the subterranean blind mole rat Spalax enhances receptor maturation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:14360-5 pubmed..We speculate that these sEPO-R sequence features play a role in the adaptation of Spalax to extreme hypoxia...
- Haitin Y, Wiener R, Shaham D, Peretz A, Cohen E, Shamgar L, et al. Intracellular domains interactions and gated motions of I(KS) potassium channel subunits. EMBO J. 2009;28:1994-2005 pubmed publisher..Thus, during channel gating KCNE1 is not static. Instead, the C-termini of both subunits experience molecular motions, which are disrupted by the D76N causing disease mutation. ..
- Elkan Miller T, Ulitsky I, Hertzano R, Rudnicki A, Dror A, Lenz D, et al. Integration of transcriptomics, proteomics, and microRNA analyses reveals novel microRNA regulation of targets in the mammalian inner ear. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18195 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that miR-135b serves as a cellular effector, involved in regulating some of the differences between the cochlear and vestibular hair cells...
- Mor A, Aizman E, George J, Kloog Y. Ras inhibition induces insulin sensitivity and glucose uptake. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21712 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of Ras apparently induces a state of heightened insulin sensitization both in vitro and in vivo. Ras inhibition should therefore be considered as an approach worth testing for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. ..
- Barzelay A, Hochhauser E, Entin Meer M, Chepurko Y, Birk E, Afek A, et al. Islet-1 gene delivery improves myocardial performance after experimental infarction. Atherosclerosis. 2012;223:284-90 pubmed publisher..The Isl1 gene appears to be an attractive reparative target for future management of myocardial dysfunction. ..
- Manzur S, Cohen S, Haimovich J, Hollander N. Enhanced therapeutic effect of B cell-depleting anti-CD20 antibodies upon combination with in-situ dendritic cell vaccination in advanced lymphoma. Clin Exp Immunol. 2012;170:291-9 pubmed publisher..Combination treatments including tumour cell-loaded DC vaccines may therefore provide a strategy for enhancing therapy in rituximab-treated patients. ..
- Leader A, Mor Cohen R, Ram R, Sheptovitsky V, Seligsohn U, Rosenberg N, et al. The role of protein disulfide isomerase in the post-ligation phase of Î²3 integrin-dependent cell adhesion. Thromb Res. 2015;136:1259-65 pubmed publisher..PDI-mediated disulfide bond exchange plays a pivotal role in the post-ligation phase of Î±IIbÎ²3-mediated adhesion to fibrinogen, while this step in Î±vÎ²3-mediated adhesion is independent of disulfide exchange. ..
- Samuel A, Rubinstein A, Azar T, Ben Moshe Livne Z, Kim S, Inbal A. Six3 regulates optic nerve development via multiple mechanisms. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20267 pubmed publisher..Hence, the new zebrafish model for Six3 loss of function furthers our understanding of the mechanisms governing optic nerve development and Six3-mediated eye and forebrain malformations. ..
- Trifman Y, Aknin M, Gauvin Bialecki A, Benayahu Y, Carmeli S, Kashman Y. Bisdioxycalamenene: A Bis-Sesquiterpene from the Soft Coral Rhytisma fulvum fulvum. Mar Drugs. 2016;14: pubmed publisher..The absolute configuration of 1 was determined using X-ray diffraction analysis and anomalous dispersion effects. The structure elucidation and a possible biogenesis of the compound are discussed. ..
- Even Chen O, Sadot Sogrin Y, Shaham O, Barak S. Fibroblast Growth Factor 2 in the Dorsomedial Striatum Is a Novel Positive Regulator of Alcohol Consumption. J Neurosci. 2017;37:8742-8754 pubmed publisher..Thus, FGF2 is an alcohol-responsive gene constituting a positive regulatory feedback loop with alcohol. This loop leads to facilitation of alcohol consumption, marking FGF2 as a potential new therapeutic target for alcohol addiction. ..
- Kronfeld Schor N, Haim A, Dayan T, Zisapel N, Klingenspor M, Heldmaier G. Seasonal thermogenic acclimation of diurnally and nocturnally active desert spiny mice. Physiol Biochem Zool. 2000;73:37-44 pubmed..The low LPL activity in brown adipose tissue of desert-adapted A. russatus may facilitate lipid uptake in white adipose tissue, an advantage in desert conditions where food is scarce and irregularly distributed in space and time. ..
- George J, Harats D, Gilburd B, Afek A, Shaish A, Kopolovic J, et al. Adoptive transfer of beta(2)-glycoprotein I-reactive lymphocytes enhances early atherosclerosis in LDL receptor-deficient mice. Circulation. 2000;102:1822-7 pubmed..The present study provides the first direct evidence for a role of antigen (beta2GPI)-reactive T cells in the promotion of fatty streaks in mice. ..
- Savion S, Zeldich E, Orenstein H, Shepshelovich J, Torchinsky A, Carp H, et al. Cytokine expression in the uterus of mice with pregnancy loss: effect of maternal immunopotentiation with GM-CSF. Reproduction. 2002;123:399-409 pubmed..These results indicate a possible role for maternal immunopotentiation with GM-CSF in the mechanisms mediating the early stages of pregnancy loss, possibly via modulation of TNF-alpha and TGF-beta2 activity. ..
- Kaganovich M, Peretz A, Ritsner M, Bening Abu Shach U, Attali B, Navon R. Is the WKL1 gene associated with schizophrenia?. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2004;125B:31-7 pubmed..We also measured the putative channel activity of normal WKL1 subcloned in pcDNA3 to determine the effect of the reported Leu309Met mutation. Our results argue against the involvement of WKL1 in SCZ susceptibility. ..
- Dangoor D, Giladi E, Fridkin M, Gozes I. Neuropeptide receptor transcripts are expressed in the rat clitoris and oscillate during the estrus cycle in the rat vagina. Peptides. 2005;26:2579-84 pubmed..The expression pattern of neuropeptide receptors in the female sexual organs suggest an intimate involvement of the corresponding neuropeptides in female sexual function...
- Ben Aharon I, Haim K, Shalgi R, Ben Yosef D. Expression and possible involvement of calpain isoforms in mammalian egg activation. Reproduction. 2005;130:165-75 pubmed..These results may imply a correlation between calpain activation and mammalian egg activation at fertilization and a possible role for calpain in the cascade of cellular events leading to resumption of meiosis. ..
- Eisenberg S, Giehl K, Henis Y, Ehrlich M. Differential interference of chlorpromazine with the membrane interactions of oncogenic K-Ras and its effects on cell growth. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:27279-88 pubmed publisher..In accord with these results, CPZ compromised the transformed phenotype of PANC-1 cells, as indicated by inhibition of cell migration and growth in soft agar. ..
- Bar On D, Winter U, Nachliel E, Gutman M, Fasshauer D, Lang T, et al. Imaging the assembly and disassembly kinetics of cis-SNARE complexes on native plasma membranes. FEBS Lett. 2008;582:3563-8 pubmed publisher..The results suggest two-phase kinetics for the assembly process and dependence of the disassembly kinetics on both N-ethyl maleimide-sensitive factor (NSF) and soluble NSF-attachment protein (alpha-SNAP) concentrations. ..
- Anava S, Rand D, Zilberstein Y, Ayali A. Innexin genes and gap junction proteins in the locust frontal ganglion. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2009;39:224-33 pubmed publisher..This study forms the basis for further investigation of the role of GJs in network development and behavior. ..
- Brownstein Z, Avraham K. Deafness genes in Israel: implications for diagnostics in the clinic. Pediatr Res. 2009;66:128-34 pubmed publisher..In the future, the identification of specific mutations may be relevant for specific types of treatment. ..