Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on protein binding in Cork, Munster, Ireland
Locale: Cork, Munster, Ireland
Topic: protein binding
- Kelly E, Horgan C, Adams C, Patzer T, Ní Shúilleabháin D, Norman J, et al. Class I Rab11-family interacting proteins are binding targets for the Rab14 GTPase. Biol Cell. 2009;102:51-62 pubmed publisher..The data presented in the present study, which identifies the class I FIPs as the first putative effector proteins for the Rab14 GTPase, indicates greater complexity in the Rab-binding specificity of the class I FIP proteins. ..
- Kiely P, Baillie G, Barrett R, Buckley D, Adams D, Houslay M, et al. Phosphorylation of RACK1 on tyrosine 52 by c-Abl is required for insulin-like growth factor I-mediated regulation of focal adhesion kinase. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:20263-74 pubmed publisher..We conclude that FAK association with RACK1 is regulated by phosphorylation of Tyr-52. Our data reveal a novel mechanism whereby IGF-I and c-Abl control RACK1 association with FAK to facilitate adhesion signaling. ..
- Lindsay A, Hendrick A, Cantalupo G, Senic Matuglia F, Goud B, Bucci C, et al. Rab coupling protein (RCP), a novel Rab4 and Rab11 effector protein. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:12190-9 pubmed..RCP is a homologue of Rip11 and therefore belongs to the recently described Rab11-FIP family. ..
- Thompson D, Lazennec C, Plateau P, Simonson T. Probing electrostatic interactions and ligand binding in aspartyl-tRNA synthetase through site-directed mutagenesis and computer simulations. Proteins. 2008;71:1450-60 pubmed..The data give insights into the complex electrostatic network in the AspRS active site and illustrate the difficulty in engineering charged-to-neutral changes of the preferred ligand. ..
- Horgan C, Walsh M, Zurawski T, McCaffrey M. Rab11-FIP3 localises to a Rab11-positive pericentrosomal compartment during interphase and to the cleavage furrow during cytokinesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;319:83-94 pubmed..It is likely that Rab11-FIP3 is involved in trafficking events other than Tfn trafficking; these may include the transport of endosomally derived membrane to the cleavage furrow during cytokinesis. ..
- Powell J, Twomey C, Jain R, McCarthy J. Association between Presenilin-1 and TRAF6 modulates regulated intramembrane proteolysis of the p75NTR neurotrophin receptor. J Neurochem. 2009;108:216-30 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data suggest that an NGF-induced association between PS1 and TRAF6 influences regulated intramembrane proteolysis of p75(NTR). ..
- Legrand P, Collins B, Blangy S, Murphy J, Spinelli S, Gutierrez C, et al. The Atomic Structure of the Phage Tuc2009 Baseplate Tripod Suggests that Host Recognition Involves Two Different Carbohydrate Binding Modules. MBio. 2016;7:e01781-15 pubmed publisher..The baseplate structure contains, in contrast to other characterized lactococcal phages, two different carbohydrate binding modules that may bind different motifs of the host's surface polysaccharide. ..
- Walsh M, Lutz R, Cotter T, O Connor R. Erythrocyte survival is promoted by plasma and suppressed by a Bak-derived BH3 peptide that interacts with membrane-associated Bcl-X(L). Blood. 2002;99:3439-48 pubmed..We conclude that the BH3 peptide accelerates erythrocyte death through antagonization of Bcl-X(L). The data suggest that erythrocyte survival is promoted by survival factors in plasma and by membrane-associated Bcl-X(L.) ..
- Reen F, Haynes J, Mooij M, O Gara F. A non-classical LysR-type transcriptional regulator PA2206 is required for an effective oxidative stress response in Pseudomonas aeruginosa. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e54479 pubmed publisher..PA2206 also interacted with the pvdS promoter suggesting a global dimension to the PA2206 regulon, and suggests PA2206 is an important regulatory component of P. aeruginosa adaptation during oxidative stress. ..
- Henry M, Begley M, Neve H, Maher F, Ross R, McAuliffe O, et al. Cloning and expression of a mureinolytic enzyme from the mycobacteriophage TM4. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2010;311:126-32 pubmed publisher..Evidence of peptidoglycan-degrading activity was observed initially by a chloroform assay and later by conventional zymogram analysis...
- O Callaghan K, Ayllon V, O Keeffe J, Wang Y, Cox O, Loughran G, et al. Heme-binding protein HRG-1 is induced by insulin-like growth factor I and associates with the vacuolar H+-ATPase to control endosomal pH and receptor trafficking. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:381-91 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that HRG-1 regulates V-ATPase activity, which is essential for endosomal acidification, heme binding, and receptor trafficking in mammalian cells. Thus, HRG-1 may facilitate tumor growth and cancer progression. ..
- Wallace D, Cotter T. Histone deacetylase activity in conjunction with E2F-1 and p53 regulates Apaf-1 expression in 661W cells and the retina. J Neurosci Res. 2009;87:887-905 pubmed publisher..Overall, we propose a role for HDAC activity, E2F-1, and p53 in the regulation of Apaf-1 expression in 661W cells; initial data also indicate a regulatory role in the retina. ..
- Horgan C, Hanscom S, Kelly E, McCaffrey M. Tumor susceptibility gene 101 (TSG101) is a novel binding-partner for the class II Rab11-FIPs. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32030 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest functional overlap between Rab11-controlled processes and components of the ESCRT pathway. ..
- Kiely P, Leahy M, O Gorman D, O Connor R. RACK1-mediated integration of adhesion and insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) signaling and cell migration are defective in cells expressing an IGF-I receptor mutated at tyrosines 1250 and 1251. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:7624-33 pubmed
- Burke L, Flieder D, Guinee D, Brambilla E, Freedman A, Bennett W, et al. Prognostic implications of molecular and immunohistochemical profiles of the Rb and p53 cell cycle regulatory pathways in primary non-small cell lung carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:232-41 pubmed
- Kiely P, O Gorman D, Luong K, Ron D, O Connor R. Insulin-like growth factor I controls a mutually exclusive association of RACK1 with protein phosphatase 2A and beta1 integrin to promote cell migration. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:4041-51 pubmed..Taken together, our findings indicate that RACK1 enhances IGF-I-mediated cell migration through its ability to exclusively associate with either beta1 integrin or PP2A in a complex at the IGF-IR. ..
- Raj J, Herzog G, Manning M, Volcke C, MacCraith B, Ballantyne S, et al. Surface immobilisation of antibody on cyclic olefin copolymer for sandwich immunoassay. Biosens Bioelectron. 2009;24:2654-8 pubmed publisher..Non-specific binding effects were also assessed. The method and supporting data demonstrate that simple approaches to surface functionalisation can be adapted to plastic-based devices. ..