Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on hela cells in Cork, Munster, Ireland
Locale: Cork, Munster, Ireland
Topic: hela cells
- Dmitriev R, Zhdanov A, Ponomarev G, Yashunski D, Papkovsky D. Intracellular oxygen-sensitive phosphorescent probes based on cell-penetrating peptides. Anal Biochem. 2010;398:24-33 pubmed publisher..They provide a simple and versatile tool for O(2) monitoring in live cells and in tissue, and an alternative to the existing O(2) probes which require facilitated transport into the cell. ..
- Kelly E, Giordano F, Horgan C, Jollivet F, Raposo G, McCaffrey M. Rab30 is required for the morphological integrity of the Golgi apparatus. Biol Cell. 2012;104:84-101 pubmed publisher..Many Rabs have been extensively characterised whereas others, such as Rab30, have to date received relatively little attention...
- Pettigrew C, Clerkin J, Cotter T. DUOX enzyme activity promotes AKT signalling in prostate cancer cells. Anticancer Res. 2012;32:5175-81 pubmed..This report shows that ROS levels in PC3 cells are constitutively maintained by DUOX enzymes, and these ROS positively regulate AKT signalling through inactivating phosphatases, leading to increased resistance to apoptosis. ..
- Horgan C, Hanscom S, McCaffrey M. GRAB is a binding partner for the Rab11a and Rab11b GTPases. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;441:214-9 pubmed publisher..These data identify GRAB as a dual Rab-binding protein that could potentially link Rab3 and Rab11 and/or Rab8 and Rab11-mediated intracellular trafficking processes. ..
- Taglauer E, Artemiuk P, Hanscom S, Lindsay A, Wuebbolt D, Breathnach F, et al. Rab11 family expression in the human placenta: Localization at the maternal-fetal interface. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184864 pubmed publisher..Overall these findings highlight the expression of the Rab11 family within the human placenta, with novel localization at the maternal-fetal interface. ..
- Lindsay A, McCaffrey M. Rab11-FIP2 functions in transferrin recycling and associates with endosomal membranes via its COOH-terminal domain. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:27193-9 pubmed..This phenotype cannot be reversed by excess wild-type Rab11, or dominant-positive Rab11 (Rab11Q70L), suggesting that Rab11-FIP2 functions downstream of Rab11 in endosomal trafficking. ..