Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction in Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
Locale: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
Topic: reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction
- Cathcart M, Gately K, Cummins R, Kay E, O Byrne K, Pidgeon G. Examination of thromboxane synthase as a prognostic factor and therapeutic target in non-small cell lung cancer. Mol Cancer. 2011;10:25 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of this enzyme inhibits proliferation and induces apoptosis. Targeting thromboxane synthase alone, or in combination with conventional chemotherapy is a potential therapeutic strategy for NSCLC. ..
- O Brien K, Rani S, Corcoran C, Wallace R, Hughes L, Friel A, et al. Exosomes from triple-negative breast cancer cells can transfer phenotypic traits representing their cells of origin to secondary cells. Eur J Cancer. 2013;49:1845-59 pubmed publisher..This study supports the hypothesis that TNBC exosomes may be involved in cancer cell-to-cell communication, conferring phenotypic traits to secondary cells that reflect those of their cells of origin. ..
- Carroll A, Haines L, Pearson T, Fallon P, Walsh C, Brennan C, et al. Identification of a functioning mitochondrial uncoupling protein 1 in thymus. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:15534-43 pubmed..We conclude that the thymus contains a functioning UCP 1 that has the capacity to regulate metabolic flux and production of reactive oxygen-containing molecules in the thymus. ..
- Ralph J, Zocco D, Bresnihan B, Fitzgerald O, McEvoy A, Murphy E. A role for type 1alpha corticotropin-releasing hormone receptors in mediating local changes in chronically inflamed tissue. Am J Pathol. 2007;170:1121-33 pubmed..These data establish a role for CRH receptor-mediated responses in regulating vascular changes associated with chronic synovitis. ..
- Dolan V, Murphy M, Sadlier D, Lappin D, Doran P, Godson C, et al. Expression of gremlin, a bone morphogenetic protein antagonist, in human diabetic nephropathy. Am J Kidney Dis. 2005;45:1034-9 pubmed
- O Brien N, O Donovan N, Foley D, Hill A, McDermott E, O Higgins N, et al. Use of a panel of novel genes for differentiating breast cancer from non-breast tissues. Tumour Biol. 2007;28:312-7 pubmed publisher..Genes such as MGA, B726P and SBEM that are expressed relatively exclusively in breast tissue are potential new markers for breast cancer. ..
- Gleeson L, Ryan K, Griffin E, Connor T, Harkin A. The ?2-adrenoceptor agonist clenbuterol elicits neuroprotective, anti-inflammatory and neurotrophic actions in the kainic acid model of excitotoxicity. Brain Behav Immun. 2010;24:1354-61 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the ?(2)-adrenoceptor agonist clenbuterol has anti-inflammatory and neurotrophic actions and elicits a neuroprotective effect in the KA model of neurodegeneration. ..
- Al Sarraf N, Reiff J, Hinrichsen J, Mahmood S, Teh B, McGovern E, et al. DOK4/IRS-5 expression is altered in clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Int J Cancer. 2007;121:992-8 pubmed..Studies on this gene has shown that it is regulated through chromatin remodeling in kidney cells. ..
- Takayasu H, Nakazawa N, Montedonico S, Puri P. Reduced expression of aquaporin 5 water channel in nitrofen-induced hypoplastic lung with congenital diaphragmatic hernia rat model. J Pediatr Surg. 2007;42:415-9 pubmed..Down-regulation of AQP5 may result in abnormal pulmonary fluid metabolism in perinatal period and may be one of the mechanisms disturbing the pulmonary development in late stage in the CDH model. ..
- Nakazawa N, Montedonico S, Takayasu H, Paradisi F, Puri P. Disturbance of retinol transportation causes nitrofen-induced hypoplastic lung. J Pediatr Surg. 2007;42:345-9 pubmed..These results suggest that nitrofen acts by interfering with the cellular uptake of retinol during lung morphogenesis resulting in pulmonary hypoplasia in this model. ..
- Ruttenstock E, Doi T, Dingemann J, Puri P. Prenatal retinoic acid treatment upregulates late gestation lung protein 1 in the nitrofen-induced hypoplastic lung in late gestation. Pediatr Surg Int. 2011;27:125-9 pubmed publisher..Upregulation of LGL1 pulmonary gene expression after RA treatment may promote lung growth by stimulating alveologenesis in the nitrofen CDH model. ..
- Meade K, Gormley E, Park S, Fitzsimons T, Rosa G, Costello E, et al. Gene expression profiling of peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC) from Mycobacterium bovis infected cattle after in vitro antigenic stimulation with purified protein derivative of tuberculin (PPD). Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2006;113:73-89 pubmed..Although the present study was carried out with mixed PBMC cell populations, it will guide future studies to dissect immune cell-specific gene expression patterns in response to M. bovis infection...
- Takayasu H, Nakazawa N, Montedonico S, Sugimoto K, Sato H, Puri P. Impaired alveolar epithelial cell differentiation in the hypoplastic lung in nitrofen-induced congenital diaphragmatic hernia. Pediatr Surg Int. 2007;23:405-10 pubmed..This data provides the first evidence to support the hypothesis that AEC differentiation is impaired in CDH hypoplastic lung. ..
- Bracken S, Byrne G, Kelly J, Jackson J, Feighery C. Altered gene expression in highly purified enterocytes from patients with active coeliac disease. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:377 pubmed publisher..Novel candidate genes were revealed which highlight the contribution of the epithelial cell to the pathogenesis of coeliac disease. ..
- Griffin B, Moynagh P. Persistent interleukin-1beta signaling causes long term activation of NFkappaB in a promoter-specific manner in human glial cells. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:10316-26 pubmed..This is likely to make a key contribution to chronic inflammatory conditions of the brain. ..
- Ryan G, Klein D, Knapp E, Hosie M, Grimes T, Mabruk M, et al. Dynamics of viral and proviral loads of feline immunodeficiency virus within the feline central nervous system during the acute phase following intravenous infection. J Virol. 2003;77:7477-85 pubmed..A final observation in this study was that there was no direct correlation between viral loads in regions of brain or ocular tissue and the presence of histopathology. ..
- Bonner C, Bacon S, Concannon C, Rizvi S, Baquie M, Farrelly A, et al. INS-1 cells undergoing caspase-dependent apoptosis enhance the regenerative capacity of neighboring cells. Diabetes. 2010;59:2799-808 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that apoptosing INS-1 cells shed microparticles that may stimulate PSP/reg induction in neighboring cells, a mechanism that may facilitate the recovery of ?-cell mass in HNF1A-MODY. ..
- Gutierrez J, Williams E, O Donovan J, Brady C, Proctor A, Marques P, et al. Monitoring clinical outcomes, pathological changes and shedding of Chlamydophila abortus following experimental challenge of periparturient ewes utilizing the natural route of infection. Vet Microbiol. 2011;147:119-26 pubmed publisher..However, this proportion is reduced at the subsequent breeding season, confirming the occurrence of a chronic low level persistent infection in post-abortion/lambing ewes...
- Guarino N, Puri P. Antenatal dexamethasone enhances endothelin-1 synthesis and gene expression in the heart in congenital diaphragmatic hernia in rats. J Pediatr Surg. 2002;37:1563-7 pubmed..Prenatal corticosteroids increase the cardiac production of ET-1, and this may enhance heart growth and cardiac inotropism at birth. ..
- Gosemann J, Doi T, Kutasy B, Friedmacher F, Dingemann J, Puri P. Alterations of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor ? and monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 gene expression in the nitrofen-induced hypoplastic lung. J Pediatr Surg. 2012;47:847-51 pubmed publisher..Altered pulmonary gene expression of PPAR? and MCP-1 during late gestation may impair lung development and maturation, contributing to pulmonary hypoplasia in the nitrofen-induced congenital diaphragmatic hernia model. ..
- Kijanka G, Hector S, Kay E, Murray F, Cummins R, Murphy D, et al. Human IgG antibody profiles differentiate between symptomatic patients with and without colorectal cancer. Gut. 2010;59:69-78 pubmed publisher..The differential expression of identified antigens suggests their involvement in aberrant cellular mechanisms in cancer. ..
- Weisová P, Concannon C, Devocelle M, Prehn J, Ward M. Regulation of glucose transporter 3 surface expression by the AMP-activated protein kinase mediates tolerance to glutamate excitation in neurons. J Neurosci. 2009;29:2997-3008 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data suggest that the activation of AMPK and its regulation of cell surface GLUT3 expression is critical in mediating neuronal tolerance to excitotoxicity. ..
- Friedmacher F, Gosemann J, Fujiwara N, Takahashi H, Hofmann A, Puri P. Expression of Sproutys and SPREDs is decreased during lung branching morphogenesis in nitrofen-induced pulmonary hypoplasia. Pediatr Surg Int. 2013;29:1193-8 pubmed publisher..5 in nitrofen-induced PH. Decreased expression of Sproutys and SPREDs during the terminal pseudoglandular stage may disrupt lung branching morphogenesis by interfering with epithelial-mesenchymal interactions contributing to PH. ..
- Collery R, McLoughlin S, Vendrell V, Finnegan J, Crabb J, Saari J, et al. Duplication and divergence of zebrafish CRALBP genes uncovers novel role for RPE- and Muller-CRALBP in cone vision. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2008;49:3812-20 pubmed publisher..Recent evidence suggests a role for Müller glia in an alternate cone visual cycle. In this study, the role of RPE- and Müller-CRALBP in cone vision was characterized...
- Gleeson F, Ryan E, Barrett S, Russell J, Kelleher B, Crowe J. Duodenal Dcytb and hephaestin mRNA expression are not significantly modulated by variations in body iron homeostasis. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2005;35:303-8 pubmed..The effect of phlebotomy-induced erythropoiesis did not alter either gene transcript mRNA expression. ..
- Ruttenstock E, Doi T, Dingemann J, Puri P. Downregulation of insulin-like growth factor binding protein 3 and 5 in nitrofen-induced pulmonary hypoplasia. Pediatr Surg Int. 2010;26:59-63 pubmed publisher..Downregulation of IGFBP-3 and IGFBP-5 gene expression may cause pulmonary hypoplasia in the nitrofen-induced CDH model by interfering with retinoid signaling pathway. ..
- Carr M, Gunson R, Maclean A, Coughlan S, Fitzgerald M, Scully M, et al. Development of a real-time RT-PCR for the detection of swine-lineage influenza A (H1N1) virus infections. J Clin Virol. 2009;45:196-9 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate that the rtRT-PCR is sensitive and should be used alongside existing universal influenza A assays to rapidly detect the novel H1N1 swl virus. ..
- Lyons A, McQuillan K, Deighan B, O Reilly J, Downer E, Murphy A, et al. Decreased neuronal CD200 expression in IL-4-deficient mice results in increased neuroinflammation in response to lipopolysaccharide. Brain Behav Immun. 2009;23:1020-7 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the neuromodulatory effect of IL-4, and in particular its capacity to maintain microglia in a quiescent state, may result from its ability to upregulate CD200 expression on neurons. ..
- Killick K, Browne J, Park S, Magee D, Martin I, Meade K, et al. Genome-wide transcriptional profiling of peripheral blood leukocytes from cattle infected with Mycobacterium bovis reveals suppression of host immune genes. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:611 pubmed publisher..These data support the use of transcriptomic technologies to enable the identification of robust, reliable transcriptional markers of active M. bovis infection. ..
- Collery R, Cederlund M, Kennedy B. Transgenic zebrafish expressing mutant human RETGC-1 exhibit aberrant cone and rod morphology. Exp Eye Res. 2013;108:120-8 pubmed publisher..This phenotype likely explains the compromised visual function, characteristic of CORD6. ..
- Flavin R, Jackl G, Finn S, Smyth P, Ring M, O Regan E, et al. RET/PTC rearrangement occurring in primary peritoneal carcinoma. Int J Surg Pathol. 2009;17:187-97 pubmed publisher..These rearrangements may not be directly implicated in tumor growth; rather representing "passenger" mutations reflecting RET instability in secondary tumor subclones. ..
- Galligan L, Livingstone W, Volkov Y, Hokamp K, Murphy C, Lawler M, et al. Characterization of protein C receptor expression in monocytes. Br J Haematol. 2001;115:408-14 pubmed..These results confirm a new member of the protein C pathway involving primary monocytes. Further characterization will be necessary to compare and contrast its biological properties with those of EPCR. ..
- Logan C, O Leary J, O Sullivan N. Real-time reverse transcription PCR detection of norovirus, sapovirus and astrovirus as causative agents of acute viral gastroenteritis. J Virol Methods. 2007;146:36-44 pubmed..The results highlight the importance of the introduction of molecular methods for the routine screening of stool samples for causative agents of viral gastroenteritis...
- Ryan E, Dring M, Ryan C, McNulty C, Stevenson N, Lawless M, et al. Variant in CD209 promoter is associated with severity of liver disease in chronic hepatitis C virus infection. Hum Immunol. 2010;71:829-32 pubmed publisher..We conclude that rs4804803, an SNP in the CD209 promoter, contributes to severity of liver disease in chronic HCV infection...
- Lynch D, O Brien J, Welch T, Clarke P, Cuív P, Crosa J, et al. Genetic organization of the region encoding regulation, biosynthesis, and transport of rhizobactin 1021, a siderophore produced by Sinorhizobium meliloti. J Bacteriol. 2001;183:2576-85 pubmed..Mutants having transposon insertions in the biosynthesis or transport genes induced effective nitrogen-fixing nodules on alfalfa plants. ..
- Murphy N, Ring M, Heffron C, Martin C, McGuinness E, Sheils O, et al. Quantitation of CDC6 and MCM5 mRNA in cervical intraepithelial neoplasia and invasive squamous cell carcinoma of the cervix. Mod Pathol. 2005;18:844-9 pubmed..This study further confirms the importance of MCM5 and CDC6 in malignant transformation and in the pathogenesis of cervical dysplasia. ..
- Kennan A, Aherne A, Bowne S, Daiger S, Farrar G, Kenna P, et al. On the role of IMPDH1 in retinal degeneration. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2003;533:13-8 pubmed
- Rolle U, Shima H, Puri P. Nitric oxide, enhanced by macrophage-colony stimulating factor, mediates renal damage in reflux nephropathy. Kidney Int. 2002;62:507-13 pubmed..Apoptotic cells were markedly increased in RN compared to controls. Our findings suggest that the increase in M-CSF-stimulated local production of nitric oxide may be a major mediator in the development of reflux nephropathy. ..
- Shields D, Fitzgerald A, O Neill P, Muckian C, Kenny D, Moran B, et al. The contribution of genetic factors to thrombotic and bleeding outcomes in coronary patients randomised to IIb/IIIa antagonists. Pharmacogenomics J. 2002;2:182-90 pubmed..004). Thus, genetic polymorphisms may be associated with subsequent myocardial infarction, and may also be associated with treatment-associated bleeding among coronary patients. ..
- Meade K, Gormley E, Doyle M, Fitzsimons T, O Farrelly C, Costello E, et al. Innate gene repression associated with Mycobacterium bovis infection in cattle: toward a gene signature of disease. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:400 pubmed
- McGivney B, Eivers S, MacHugh D, MacLeod J, O Gorman G, Park S, et al. Transcriptional adaptations following exercise in thoroughbred horse skeletal muscle highlights molecular mechanisms that lead to muscle hypertrophy. BMC Genomics. 2009;10:638 pubmed publisher..Here we reveal novel genes and mechanisms that are temporally expressed following exercise providing new knowledge about the early and late molecular responses to exercise in the equine skeletal muscle transcriptome. ..
- Carter F, Rings F, Mamo S, Holker M, Kuzmany A, Besenfelder U, et al. Effect of elevated circulating progesterone concentration on bovine blastocyst development and global transcriptome following endoscopic transfer of in vitro produced embryos to the bovine oviduct. Biol Reprod. 2010;83:707-19 pubmed publisher
- Fujiwara N, Doi T, Gosemann J, Kutasy B, Friedmacher F, Puri P. Smad1 and WIF1 genes are downregulated during saccular stage of lung development in the nitrofen rat model. Pediatr Surg Int. 2012;28:189-93 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the downregulation of Smad1/Wif1 gene expression may contribute to pulmonary hypoplasia in the nitrofen CDH model by retardation of lung development during saccular stage. ..
- O Dwyer M, Mankan A, Stordeur P, O Connell B, Duggan E, White M, et al. The occurrence of severe sepsis and septic shock are related to distinct patterns of cytokine gene expression. Shock. 2006;26:544-50 pubmed..Quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction can be used to predict infection outcome in clinically relevant situations where enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay testing has proved disappointing...
- Solomon K, Fanning S, McDermott S, Murray S, Scott L, Martin A, et al. PCR ribotype prevalence and molecular basis of macrolide-lincosamide-streptogramin B (MLSB) and fluoroquinolone resistance in Irish clinical Clostridium difficile isolates. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2011;66:1976-82 pubmed publisher..difficile. The genetic basis for antimicrobial resistance appears to be ribotype specific and conserved in the absence of recent antimicrobial selection pressure. ..
- Doi T, Puri P, Bannigan J, Thompson J. HoxB2, HoxB4 and Alx4 genes are downregulated in the cadmium-induced omphalocele in the chick model. Pediatr Surg Int. 2010;26:1017-23 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these results support the concept that HoxB2, HoxB4 and Alx4 genes work together to mediate proper VBW formation. ..
- Lawlor G, Doran P, MacMathuna P, Murray D. MYEOV (myeloma overexpressed gene) drives colon cancer cell migration and is regulated by PGE2. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2010;29:81 pubmed publisher..00025 micro M, 0.1 micro M and 1 micro M PGE 2 respectively. In addition to promoting CRC proliferation and invasion, our findings indicate that Myeov stimulates CRC cell migration, and its expression may be PGE 2 dependant. ..
- Zielak A, Canty M, Forde N, Coussens P, Smith G, Lonergan P, et al. Differential expression of genes for transcription factors in theca and granulosa cells following selection of a dominant follicle in cattle. Mol Reprod Dev. 2008;75:904-14 pubmed
- Shinkai T, Shima H, Solari V, Puri P. Expression of vasoactive mediators during mechanical ventilation in nitrofen-induced diaphragmatic hernia in rats. Pediatr Surg Int. 2005;21:143-7 pubmed..An imbalance in the production of vasoconstrictors and vasodilators by the CDH lung may contribute to high pulmonary vascular resistance. ..
- McArdle L, Rafferty M, Maelandsmo G, Bergin O, Farr C, Dervan P, et al. Protein tyrosine phosphatase genes downregulated in melanoma. J Invest Dermatol. 2001;117:1255-60 pubmed..Loss of protein tyrosine phosphatase expression may contribute to the abnormal tyrosine phosphorylation seen in melanoma; these genes are candidate tumor suppressors. ..
- Laios A, O Toole S, Flavin R, Martin C, Kelly L, Ring M, et al. Potential role of miR-9 and miR-223 in recurrent ovarian cancer. Mol Cancer. 2008;7:35 pubmed publisher..Based on integrated transcriptome and miRNA analysis, miR-9 and miR-223 can be of potential importance as biomarkers in recurrent ovarian cancer. ..
- Ruttenstock E, Doi T, Dingemann J, Puri P. Prenatal administration of retinoic acid upregulates insulin-like growth factor receptors in the nitrofen-induced hypoplastic lung. Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol. 2011;92:148-51 pubmed publisher..Upregulation of pulmonary gene and protein expression of IGFRs after prenatal RA treatment in the nitrofen model suggests that RA may promote lung growth by stimulating IGFRs mediated alveologenesis. ..
- O Hurley G, Perry A, O Grady A, Loftus B, Smyth P, O Leary J, et al. The role of secreted frizzled-related protein 2 expression in prostate cancer. Histopathology. 2011;59:1240-8 pubmed publisher..These results imply: (i) that there is a loss of SFRP-2 expression from benign to malignant prostate glands; and (ii) differential SFRP-2 expression among two possible subgroups of Gleason grade 5 tumours. ..
- Doolan P, Clynes M, Kennedy S, Mehta J, Crown J, O Driscoll L. Prevalence and prognostic and predictive relevance of PRAME in breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2008;109:359-65 pubmed..Our results suggest that PRAME mRNA expression may be a useful prognostic and predictive marker for breast cancer. ..
- Doherty B, Lawlor D, Gillet J, Gottesman M, O Leary J, Stordal B. Collateral sensitivity to cisplatin in KB-8-5-11 drug-resistant cancer cells. Anticancer Res. 2014;34:503-7 pubmed..Glutathione also tended to be lower in KB-8-5-11 cells compared to KB-3-1 cells. KB-8-5-11 cells have alterations in their copper transporters and glutathione metabolism, contributing to their cisplatin-sensitive phenotype. ..
- McEntee G, Minguzzi S, O Brien K, Ben Larbi N, Loscher C, Ó Fágáin C, et al. The former annotated human pseudogene dihydrofolate reductase-like 1 (DHFRL1) is expressed and functional. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:15157-62 pubmed publisher..The identification of DHFRL1 will have implications for previous research involving DHFR. ..
- Minutti C, Drube S, Blair N, Schwartz C, McCrae J, McKenzie A, et al. Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Expression Licenses Type-2 Helper T Cells to Function in a T Cell Receptor-Independent Fashion. Immunity. 2017;47:710-722.e6 pubmed publisher..EGFR expression on Th2 cells was TCR-signaling dependent, and therefore, our data reveal a mechanism by which antigen presentation controls the innate effector function of Th2 cells at the site of inflammation. ..
- Flavin R, Smyth P, Crotty P, Finn S, Cahill S, Denning K, et al. BRAF T1799A mutation occurring in a case of malignant struma ovarii. Int J Surg Pathol. 2007;15:116-20 pubmed..No ret/ PTC-1 or ret/PTC-3 rearrangements were detected. This finding would suggest that malignant struma ovarii is similar histologically and genetically to primary papillary thyroid carcinoma...
- Flavin R, Smyth P, Laios A, O Toole S, Barrett C, Finn S, et al. Potentially important microRNA cluster on chromosome 17p13.1 in primary peritoneal carcinoma. Mod Pathol. 2009;22:197-205 pubmed publisher..1 in primary peritoneal carcinoma relative to ovarian serous carcinoma. miR-195 and miR-497 may have potential roles as tumour-suppressor genes in primary peritoneal tumourigenesis. ..
- Doi T, Puri P, Bannigan J, Thompson J. Msx1 and Msx2 gene expression is downregulated in the cadmium-induced omphalocele in the chick model. J Pediatr Surg. 2010;45:1187-91 pubmed publisher..Downregulation of Msx1 and Msx2 gene expression during the narrow window of early embryogenesis may cause an omphalocele by disrupting cellular proliferation and differentiation in the developing body wall. ..
- Zielak A, Forde N, Park S, Doohan F, Coussens P, Smith G, et al. Identification of novel genes associated with dominant follicle development in cattle. Reprod Fertil Dev. 2007;19:967-75 pubmed
- Lynch L, O Shea D, Winter D, Geoghegan J, Doherty D, O Farrelly C. Invariant NKT cells and CD1d(+) cells amass in human omentum and are depleted in patients with cancer and obesity. Eur J Immunol. 2009;39:1893-901 pubmed publisher..004) compared with lean healthy subjects. These data suggest a novel role for the omentum in immune regulation and tumor immunity and identify it as a potential source of iNKT cells for therapeutic use. ..
- Meade K, Gormley E, O Farrelly C, Park S, Costello E, Keane J, et al. Antigen stimulation of peripheral blood mononuclear cells from Mycobacterium bovis infected cattle yields evidence for a novel gene expression program. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:447 pubmed publisher..bovis antigen stimulation, providing evidence of a novel gene expression program due to M. bovis exposure. ..
- Shinkai M, Shinkai T, Pirker M, Montedonico S, Puri P. Effect of nitric oxide on fibroblast growth factor-10 and bone morphogenetic protein 4 expressions in the branching morphogenesis of fetal rat lung explants. J Pediatr Surg. 2005;40:1030-3 pubmed..The NO donor not only promotes branching of fetal lung explants but also upregulates expression of BMP4, which is an important regulator of branching morphogenesis. ..
- Byrne G, Russell D, Chen X, Meijer W. Transcriptional regulation of the virR operon of the intracellular pathogen Rhodococcus equi. J Bacteriol. 2007;189:5082-9 pubmed..This suggests that P(orf5) is recognized by an alternative sigma factor...
- Biniecka M, Kennedy A, Ng C, Chang T, Balogh E, Fox E, et al. Successful tumour necrosis factor (TNF) blocking therapy suppresses oxidative stress and hypoxia-induced mitochondrial mutagenesis in inflammatory arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2011;13:R121 pubmed publisher..Furthermore these significant mitochondrial genome alterations are rescued following successful anti TNF-? treatment. ..
- Mansergh F, Vawda R, Millington Ward S, Kenna P, Haas J, Gallagher C, et al. Loss of photoreceptor potential from retinal progenitor cell cultures, despite improvements in survival. Exp Eye Res. 2010;91:500-12 pubmed publisher..Use of these cells for RD treatment will require identification of triggers that favour terminal photoreceptor differentiation and survival in vitro prior to transplantation. ..
- Foley N, Bray I, Tivnan A, Bryan K, Murphy D, Buckley P, et al. MicroRNA-184 inhibits neuroblastoma cell survival through targeting the serine/threonine kinase AKT2. Mol Cancer. 2010;9:83 pubmed publisher..As an inhibitor of AKT2, miR-184 could be of potential benefit in miRNA mediated therapeutics of MYCN amplified neuroblastoma and other forms of cancer. ..
- Li J, Smyth P, Cahill S, Denning K, Flavin R, Aherne S, et al. Improved RNA quality and TaqMan Pre-amplification method (PreAmp) to enhance expression analysis from formalin fixed paraffin embedded (FFPE) materials. BMC Biotechnol. 2008;8:10 pubmed publisher..Modification to extraction protocols has facilitated procurement of RNA that may be successfully amplified using QRT-PCR. TaqMan PreAmp system is a robust and practical solution to limited quantities of RNA from FFPE extracts. ..
- Yin J, Shine L, Raycroft F, Deeti S, Reynolds A, Ackerman K, et al. Inhibition of the Pim1 oncogene results in diminished visual function. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52177 pubmed publisher..In summary, we have identified that enhanced expression of Jak-Stat pathway genes correlates with maturation of visual function and that the Pim1 oncogene is required for normal visual function. ..
- Doi T, Puri P, Bannigan J, Thompson J. Disruption of calreticulin-mediated cellular adhesion signaling in the cadmium-induced omphalocele in the chick model. Pediatr Surg Int. 2010;26:91-5 pubmed publisher..05). There were no significant differences at 8H. Downregulation of CRT, E-cadherin and beta-catenin genes may cause omphalocele in the Cd chick model by disrupting CRT-mediated Ca(2+) signaling and AJs. ..
- Herdy B, Jaramillo M, Svitkin Y, Rosenfeld A, Kobayashi M, Walsh D, et al. Translational control of the activation of transcription factor NF-κB and production of type I interferon by phosphorylation of the translation factor eIF4E. Nat Immunol. 2012;13:543-550 pubmed publisher..Thus, regulated phosphorylation of eIF4E has a key role in antiviral host defense by selectively controlling the translation of an mRNA that encodes a critical suppressor of the innate antiviral response. ..
- Hamilton C, Brandes S, Holland C, Pinelli E. Cytokine expression in the brains of Toxocara canis-infected mice. Parasite Immunol. 2008;30:181-5 pubmed publisher..i., and was more pronounced in BALB/c-infected mice. These results have implications for the role of these cytokines and iNOS in the cerebral establishment of T. canis, and in the cerebral pathology reported during infection...
- Byrne G, Boland C, O Connell E, Meijer W. Differential mRNA stability of the vapAICD operon of the facultative intracellular pathogen Rhodococcus equi. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2008;280:89-94 pubmed publisher..The intercistronic region between vapC and vapD harbours two short ORFs (OrfA, OrfB). These ORFs are translationally coupled to vapC and vapD in which the start codon overlaps the stop codon of the preceding gene. ..
- Doi T, Shintaku M, Dingemann J, Ruttenstock E, Puri P. Downregulation of Midkine gene expression and its response to retinoic acid treatment in the nitrofen-induced hypoplastic lung. Pediatr Surg Int. 2011;27:199-204 pubmed publisher..Upregulation of MK gene after RA treatment in the nitrofen-induced hypoplastic lung suggests that RA may have a therapeutic potential to rescue PH in CDH through RA-responsive growth factor signaling. ..
- Doi T, Puri P, Bannigan J, Thompson J. Disruption of GLI3-ZIC3 interaction in the cadmium-induced omphalocele chick model. Pediatr Surg Int. 2011;27:205-9 pubmed publisher..Disruption of Gli3-Zic3 interaction in the critical period for ventral body wall formation may contribute to omphalocele phenotype in Cd chick model. ..