Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adult in Tehrān, Iran
Locale: Tehrān, Iran
Publications517 found, 100 shown here
- Kazemi T, Asgarian Omran H, Memarian A, Shabani M, Sharifian R, Vossough P, et al. Low representation of Fc receptor-like 1-5 molecules in leukemic cells from Iranian patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2009;58:989-96 pubmed publisher..Expression profile of FCRL molecules in different subtypes of ALL argues against their potential implication as suitable targets for classification and/or immunotherapy of ALL. ..
- Zadeh M, Amini R, Firoozray M, Derakhshandeh Peykar P. Frequent homozygous deletion of p16/CDKN2A gene in malignant gliomas of Iranian patients. Pak J Biol Sci. 2007;10:4246-50 pubmed..6%) of glioblastoma multiforme, in total 26 out of 40 cases (65%) of malignant gliomas. We also found that CDKN2A deleted patients were younger than CDKN2A non-deleted patients and that exon 2 was deleted more than exon 1alpha. ..
- Hadaegh F, Shafiee G, Azizi F. Anthropometric predictors of incident type 2 diabetes mellitus in Iranian women. Ann Saudi Med. 2009;29:194-200 pubmed..WHtR had the highest area under the ROC curve. In Iranian women, BMI, WC, WHR, WHtR were predictive of development of type 2 diabetes, but WHtR was a better predictor than BMI. ..
- Kheirandish P, Seyedalinaghi S, Hosseini M, Jahani M, Shirzad H, Foroughi M, et al. Prevalence and correlates of HIV infection among male injection drug users in detention in Tehran, Iran. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2010;53:273-5 pubmed publisher..79 for 25-34, 3.01 for 35-44, 4.62 for > or = 45 yr). This study supports that incarceration is contributing to the increased spread of HIV. Harm reduction programs should be urgently expanded, particularly among incarcerated IDU. ..
- Safarinejad M, Shafiei N, Safarinejad S. A prospective double-blind randomized placebo-controlled study of the effect of saffron (Crocus sativus Linn.) on semen parameters and seminal plasma antioxidant capacity in infertile men with idiopathic oligoasthenoteratozoospermia. Phytother Res. 2011;25:508-16 pubmed publisher..If medical professionals want to prescribe herbal remedies for male infertility, previous rigorous scientific investigations, documenting their safety and efficacy are required...
- Arabzadeh S, Hossein G, Rashidi B, Hosseini M, Zeraati H. Comparing serum basal and follicular fluid levels of anti-Müllerian hormone as a predictor of in vitro fertilization outcomes in patients with and without polycystic ovary syndrome. Ann Saudi Med. 2010;30:442-7 pubmed publisher..331; P=.032) and implantation rate (r=0.305; P=.05). Serum basal, and not intrafollicular, AMH levels may be a good predictive factor for quantitative and qualitative IVF outcomes in normo-ovulatory, but not in PCOS patients. ..
- Khojasteh A, Behnia H, Shayesteh Y, Morad G, Alikhasi M. Localized bone augmentation with cortical bone blocks tented over different particulate bone substitutes: a retrospective study. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2012;27:1481-93 pubmed..Five of 237 inserted implants failed to osseointegrate. The block tenting technique might be effective for localized ridge augmentation and may reduce the amount of autograft required from donor sites. ..
- Martin C, Ahmad I, Klingseisen A, Hussain M, Bicknell L, Leitch A, et al. Mutations in PLK4, encoding a master regulator of centriole biogenesis, cause microcephaly, growth failure and retinopathy. Nat Genet. 2014;46:1283-1292 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we establish that different levels of impaired PLK4 activity result in growth and cilia phenotypes, providing a mechanism by which microcephaly disorders can occur with or without ciliopathic features. ..
- Niroomand M, Ghasemi S, Karimi Sari H, Kazempour Ardebili S, Amiri P, Khosravi M. Diabetes knowledge, attitude and practice (KAP) study among Iranian in-patients with type-2 diabetes: A cross-sectional study. Diabetes Metab Syndr. 2016;10:S114-9 pubmed publisher..Patients' KAP increases as their condition worsens/progresses. Hence education should be considered as a priority for newly diagnosed patients and those with lower KAP levels before occurrence of diabetes complications. ..
- Dolatkhah N, Hajifaraji M, Abbasalizadeh F, Aghamohammadzadeh N, Mehrabi Y, Abbasi M. Is there a value for probiotic supplements in gestational diabetes mellitus? A randomized clinical trial. J Health Popul Nutr. 2015;33:25 pubmed publisher..The probiotic supplement appeared to affect glucose metabolism and weight gain among pregnant women with GDM. This needs to be confirmed in other settings before a therapeutic value could be approved. ..
- Sadeghian M, Saneei P, Siassi F, Esmaillzadeh A. Vitamin D status in relation to Crohn's disease: Meta-analysis of observational studies. Nutrition. 2016;32:505-14 pubmed publisher..Moreover, there was an inverse correlation between circulating 25(OH)D concentrations and severity of Crohn's disease. ..
- Hajimiri E, Masoomi M, Ebrahimzadeh N, Fateh A, Hadizadeh Tasbiti A, Rahimi Jamnani F, et al. High prevalence of Mycobacterium tuberculosis mixed infection in the capital of moderate tuberculosis incidence country. Microb Pathog. 2016;93:213-8 pubmed publisher..Mixed infections occur at high prevalence among studied Iranian TB patients. Further research is inevitable to evaluate the association of mixed infection and disease progression and treatment. ..
- Tagharrobi Z, Mohammadkhan Kermanshahi S, Mohammadi E. Clinical nurses' perceptions of the opportunities for using complementary therapies in Iranian clinical settings: A qualitative study. Complement Ther Clin Pract. 2016;24:11-8 pubmed publisher..A potentially-supportive environment automatically directs nurses towards using such therapies. These findings can be used by nursing managers to integrate complementary therapies into nursing practice. ..
- Aghamir S, Mohseni M, Ardestani A. Treatment of ureteral calculi with ballistic lithotripsy. J Endourol. 2003;17:887-90 pubmed..54%): ureteral perforation and stenosis in 1 patient each. The 2-week stone-free rate was 89.5% (324/362). Lithoclast ballistic lithotripsy is a safe and effective approach for the treatment of ureteral calculi regardless of composition. ..
- Entezari M, Rajavi Z, Sedighi N, Daftarian N, Sanagoo M. High-dose intravenous methylprednisolone in recent traumatic optic neuropathy; a randomized double-masked placebo-controlled clinical trial. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2007;245:1267-71 pubmed..001 and 0.010 respectively). Our study confirms earlier findings that there is no difference in visual acuity improvement between intravenous high-dose corticosteroids and placebo in treatment of recent TNO. ..
- Mirsaeidi M, Tabarsi P, Farnia P, Ebrahimi G, Morris M, Masjedi M, et al. Trends of drug resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis in a tertiary tuberculosis center in Iran. Saudi Med J. 2007;28:544-50 pubmed..The significant increase of isoniazid and streptomycin resistance in the last few years would present a serious challenge to effective management of TB. ..
- Alimohammadian M, Darabi H, Malekzadeh S, Mahmoodzadeh Niknam H, Ajdary S, Khamesipour A, et al. Exposure to Leishmania major modulates the proportion of CD4+ T cells without affecting cellular immune responses. Microbiol Immunol. 2007;51:1003-11 pubmed..major modulates the proportion of CD4+ T cells and increases NK cells percentage. However, the cellular immune responses including induction of LST, and IFN-gamma production are increased in exposed individuals. ..
- Majlessi F, Forooshani A, Shariat M. Prevalence of induced abortion and associated complications in women attending hospitals in Isfahan. East Mediterr Health J. 2008;14:103-9 pubmed..Of all pregnancies, 35.0% were unwanted, and 27.1% of these were illegally-terminated by induced abortions. Unwanted pregnancy was one of the most important risk factors for induced abortion (OR = 8.84, 95% CI: 4.36-17.92). ..
- Mirbagheri S, Nezami B, Assa S, Hajimahmoodi M. Rectal administration of d-alpha tocopherol for active ulcerative colitis: a preliminary report. World J Gastroenterol. 2008;14:5990-5 pubmed..This preliminary report suggests that rectal d-alpha tocopherol may represent a novel therapy for mild and moderately active UC. The observed results might be due to the anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative properties of vitamin E. ..
- Khedmat H, Fallahian F, Abolghasemi H, Alavian S, Hajibeigi B, Miri S, et al. Seroepidemiologic study of hepatitis B virus, hepatitis C virus, human immunodeficiency virus and syphilis infections in Iranian blood donors. Pak J Biol Sci. 2007;10:4461-6 pubmed
- Shirazian N, Emdadi R, Mahboubi M, Motevallian A, Fazel Sarjuei Z, Sedighpour N, et al. Screening for gestational diabetes: usefulness of clinical risk factors. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2009;280:933-7 pubmed publisher..5% (1 of 68) of GDM cases. Age, BMI, and family history of diabetes were independent risk factors in developing gestational diabetes. Concerning these factors, we do not miss substantial number of GDM cases with selective screening. ..
- Tehraninejad E, Nasiri R, Rashidi B, Haghollahi F, Ataie M. Comparison of GnRH antagonist with long GnRH agonist protocol after OCP pretreatment in PCOs patients. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2010;282:319-25 pubmed publisher..Antagonist protocol and GnRH agonist trigger for ovulation whenever necessary has a similar cycle outcome to the GnRH-agonist protocol in OCP pretreated PCOs patients, with significantly reduced risk of OHSS. ..
- Pourfarziani V, Taheri S, Sharifi Bonab M, Mohammadzadeh M. Assessment of sleep disturbance in renal transplant recipients and associated risk factors. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl. 2010;21:433-7 pubmed..Future studies with larger sample sizes are necessary for confirming our results. ..
- Jazayeri S, Keshavarz S, Tehrani Doost M, Djalali M, Hosseini M, Amini H, et al. Effects of eicosapentaenoic acid and fluoxetine on plasma cortisol, serum interleukin-1beta and interleukin-6 concentrations in patients with major depressive disorder. Psychiatry Res. 2010;178:112-5 pubmed publisher..Serum IL-1beta and IL-6 did not change significantly after intervention. These findings suggest that EPA may exert its therapeutic effects through reduction of cortisol. ..
- Hafezi F, Naghibzadeh B, Nouhi A, Naghibzadeh G. Eliminating frown lines with an endoscopic forehead lift procedure (corrugator muscle disinsertion). Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2011;35:516-21 pubmed publisher..We therefore sought to determine the efficacy of a brow/forehead lift that involved disinsertion rather than muscle resection...
- Talebi Taher M, Mashayekhi M, Hashemi M, Bahrani V. Helicobacter pylori in diabetic and non-diabetic patients with dyspepsia. Acta Med Iran. 2012;50:315-8 pubmed..001). According to our results diabetes mellitus is one of the risk factor that must be considered in evaluation of H. pylori infection in diabetic patients with dyspepsia...
- Rashidkhani B, Pourghassem Gargari B, Ranjbar F, Zareiy S, Kargarnovin Z. Dietary patterns and anthropometric indices among Iranian women with major depressive disorder. Psychiatry Res. 2013;210:115-20 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the healthy dietary pattern is significantly associated with lower odds of major depression in adult women. Further researches are needed to confirm these findings. ..
- Sistani M, Yazdani R, Virtanen J, Pakdaman A, Murtomaa H. Oral health literacy and information sources among adults in Tehran, Iran. Community Dent Health. 2013;30:178-82 pubmed..Disseminating evidence-based oral health care information from multiple sources including TV/radio, dentists, and other health professionals in different settings should improve public oral health literacy. ..
- Jalessi M, Jahanbakhshi A, Amini E, Kamrava S, Farhadi M. Impact of nasoseptal flap elevation on sinonasal quality of life in endoscopic endonasal approach to pituitary adenomas. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2016;273:1199-205 pubmed publisher..ACTH-secreting adenomas could be assumed as a risk factor for poorer sinonasal QOL in EETSA. ..
- Shabankhani B, Kazemnejad A, Zaeri F, Espahbodi F, Haji Ahmadi M, Mirkazemi R. Survival Factors in Patients With End-stage Renal Disease in Mazandaran Province, Iran. Iran J Kidney Dis. 2016;10:79-84 pubmed..History of smoking, age, being unemployed, being illiterate, and renal cyst, congenital diseases, and unspecified conditions as the cause of kidney failure were the associated factors with survival of these patients. ..
- Mostafazadeh B, Gorbani A, Mogaddaspour M, Khoddami Vishteh H. The effect of plasmapheresis on treating disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC) caused by a Hemiscorpius lepturus (Gadim) sting. Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2017;55:902-907 pubmed publisher..However, prior to using plasmapheresis as a routine treatment for severe cases of people stung by this scorpion or other similar ones, further controlled studies with a larger sample size are needed. ..
- Gousheh J, Babaei A. A new surgical technique for the treatment of high common peroneal nerve palsy. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2002;109:994-8 pubmed..For the cases in which paralysis was less than 8 months in duration, the results are satisfactory. ..
- Kazemi M, Assadi M, Kazemi A, Ghazvini L. Primary papillary carcinoma in a thyroglossal duct cyst. Hell J Nucl Med. 2006;9:39-40 pubmed..Since our patient had no marginal invasion of the carcinoma in the surrounding tissues or lymph node metastases, we recommended the Sistrunk's surgical procedure, suppressive treatment by thyroid hormones and long term follow-up...
- Salour H, Eshaghi M, Abrishami M, Bagheri A, Aletaha M. Complications of hydroxyapatite pegging: comparison between polycarbonate and titanium peg system. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2007;17:408-12 pubmed..For better movement, tissue tolerance, and to decrease the complications of pegging, titanium peg system has been used. This study compares the two systems...
- Maghsudlu M, Nasizadeh S, Toogeh G, Zandieh T, Parandoush S, Rezayani M. Short-term ferrous sulfate supplementation in female blood donors. Transfusion. 2008;48:1192-7 pubmed publisher..A quantity of 150 mg of elemental iron per day as ferrous sulfate, however, is not the correct dose for Iranian female donors. ..
- Barati M, Alinejad F, Bahar M, Tabrisi M, Shamshiri A, Bodouhi N, et al. Comparison of WBC, ESR, CRP and PCT serum levels in septic and non-septic burn cases. Burns. 2008;34:770-4 pubmed publisher..Thus the serum PCT level was a highly efficient laboratory parameter for the diagnosis of severe infectious complications after burn, but WBC, neutrophil, ESR and CRP levels were of little value. ..
- Ansarin H, Savabynasab S, Behzadi A, Sadigh N, Hasanloo J. Doxycycline plus levamisole: combination treatment for severe nodulocystic acne. J Drugs Dermatol. 2008;7:737-40 pubmed..In the patient group, levamisole was well tolerated with an acceptable safety profile. At the time of publication, this study is the first clinical trial that suggests levamisole as an effective new treatment for severe acne vulgaris. ..
- Mehrpour O, Alfred S, Shadnia S, Keyler D, Soltaninejad K, Chalaki N, et al. Hyperglycemia in acute aluminum phosphide poisoning as a potential prognostic factor. Hum Exp Toxicol. 2008;27:591-5 pubmed publisher..Management of hyperglycemia may have a useful role in treatment of these patients by allowing increased entrance of glucose into cells and reducing oxygen consumption. ..
- Aghamohammadi A, Parvaneh N, Rezaei N, Moazzami K, Kashef S, Abolhassani H, et al. Clinical and laboratory findings in hyper-IgM syndrome with novel CD40L and AICDA mutations. J Clin Immunol. 2009;29:769-76 pubmed publisher..There are several patients with HIGM phenotype, in which the underlying genetic defects remain to be identified. Other defects such as those in components of the mismatch repair mechanism could be potential candidates for the latter. ..
- Nikpour P, Forouzandeh Moghaddam M, Ziaee S, Dokun O, Schulz W, Mowla S. Absence of PIWIL2 (HILI) expression in human bladder cancer cell lines and tissues. Cancer Epidemiol. 2009;33:271-5 pubmed publisher..However, our study indicates that PIWIL2 does not play a role in carcinogenesis of human bladder carcinoma. ..
- Suri F, Yazdani S, Narooie Nejhad M, Zargar S, Paylakhi S, Zeinali S, et al. Variable expressivity and high penetrance of CYP1B1 mutations associated with primary congenital glaucoma. Ophthalmology. 2009;116:2101-9 pubmed publisher..To investigate penetrance and expressivity of CYP1B1 genotypes associated with primary congenital glaucoma (PCG)...
- Fard M. Anterior and nasal transposition of the inferior oblique muscle for dissociated vertical deviation associated with inferior oblique muscle overaction. J AAPOS. 2010;14:35-8 pubmed publisher..Anterior and nasal transposition of the inferior oblique muscle reduces DVD, V pattern, and inferior oblique muscle overaction with minimal complications. ..
- Mehrgan H, Rahbar M, Arab Halvaii Z. High prevalence of extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae in a tertiary care hospital in Tehran, Iran. J Infect Dev Ctries. 2010;4:132-8 pubmed..pneumoniae in our hospital setting. As the available treatment options are limited, antibiotic control policies together with the implementation of infection control measures remain of high importance. ..
- Alvandi E, Akrami S, Chiani M, Hedayati M, Nayer B, Tehrani M, et al. Molecular analysis of the RET proto-oncogene key exons in patients with medullary thyroid carcinoma: a comprehensive study of the Iranian population. Thyroid. 2011;21:373-82 pubmed publisher..Geographical distribution of the sporadic cases, however, shows a significant concentration toward the Northern regions of the country, noticeably the provinces situated directly to the south of the Caspian Sea. ..
- Tabatabaei S, Soleimani M, Khodabandeh A. A case of autoenucleation associated with a contralateral field defect. Orbit. 2011;30:165-8 pubmed publisher..Contralateral visual field defect may be associated with autoenucleation. A visual field test is recommended in all cases with traumatic enucleation. ..
- Ghaffari S, Sabokbar T, Dastan J, Rafati M, Moossavi S. Her2 amplification status in Iranian breast cancer patients: comparison of immunohistochemistry (IHC) and fluorescence in situ hybridisation (FISH). Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2011;12:1031-4 pubmed..Further quality control and standardization of IHC technique are required to improve the concordance rate between the two methods. ..
- Delshad H, Mehran L, Tohidi M, Assadi M, Azizi F. The incidence of thyroid function abnormalities and natural course of subclinical thyroid disorders, Tehran, I.R. Iran. J Endocrinol Invest. 2012;35:516-21 pubmed publisher..Increase in the prevalence of TPOAb positivity was observed only in women. ..
- Ghiasi P, Hosseinkhani S, Noori A, Nafissi S, Khajeh K. Mitochondrial complex I deficiency and ATP/ADP ratio in lymphocytes of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis patients. Neurol Res. 2012;34:297-303 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that complex I deficiency and both reduction in intracellular ATP and increase in intracellular ADP content may be involved in the progression and pathogenesis of ALS. ..
- Madjd Z, Ramezani B, Molanae S, Asadi Lari M. High expression of stem cell marker ALDH1 is associated with reduced BRCA1 in invasive breast carcinomas. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2012;13:2973-8 pubmed..Therefore, ALDH1 positive (cancer stem) cells with reduced BRCA1 phenotype may indicate a subset of patients for whom specific targeting of the CSC marker ALDH1 and more aggressive adjuvant treatment is appropriate. ..
- Hasani Z, Aghdaei H, Balaii H, Azimirad M, Mirsamadi E, Mirjalali H, et al. The first study on opportunistic intestinal microsporidiosis in IBD patients receiving immunosuppressive medications in Iran. Epidemiol Infect. 2017;145:2095-2099 pubmed publisher..This study has shown IBD patients undergoing immunosuppressive/immunomodulators medications, which may be susceptible to intestinal microsporida infection. E. bieneusi is the commonest intestinal microsporidan reported from IBD patients...
- Sadeghi S, Davari M, Asli E, Gharibzadeh S, Vaziri F, Jamnani F, et al. Effect of IL15 rs10833 and SCARB1 rs10846744 on virologic responses in chronic hepatitis C patients treated with pegylated interferon-? and ribavirin. Gene. 2017;630:28-34 pubmed publisher..001) were strongly associated with SVR. In conclusion, the SCARB1 rs10846744 (CC) and IL15 rs10833 (AA) genotypes can be considered as powerful predictors of treatment responses in CHC patients treated with an interferon-based therapy. ..
- Ahmadinejad F, Mowla S, Honardoost M, Arjenaki M, Moazeni Bistgani M, Kheiri S, et al. Lower expression of miR-218 in human breast cancer is associated with lymph node metastases, higher grades, and poorer prognosis. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317698362 pubmed publisher..In addition, our in silico enrichment analyses revealed that the association of miR-218 expression with breast cancer prognosis might be through its involvement in endocytosis and gap junction biological pathways. ..
- Ehsani A, Ghiasi M, Robati R. Lipoid proteinosis: report of three familial cases. Dermatol Online J. 2006;12:16 pubmed..Although 250 cases have been reported until now, the occurrence of disease in siblings is very rare. We report three familial cases of lipoid proteinosis involving a brother and sister and their nephew. ..
- Kordestani S, Shahrezaee M, Tahmasebi M, Hajimahmodi H, Haji Ghasemali D, Abyaneh M. A randomised controlled trial on the effectiveness of an advanced wound dressing used in Iran. J Wound Care. 2008;17:323-7 pubmed..05. Use of a moist bioactive wound dressing significantly increased the healing rate when compared with the traditional dressings used in the participating hospitals. This will in turn bring significant cost savings. ..
- Nafar M, Mousavi S, Mahdavi Mazdeh M, Pour Reza Gholi F, Firoozan A, Einollahi B, et al. Burden of chronic kidney disease in Iran: a screening program is of essential need. Iran J Kidney Dis. 2008;2:183-92 pubmed..The present study provides an estimate of the burden of CKD in Iran. As CKD can be controlled by practical cost-effective plans, we strongly recommend the information given by this study be considered for future action plans. ..
- Motamedi M, Talesh K, Jafari S, Khalifeh S. Peripheral and central giant cell granulomas of the jaws: a retrospective study and surgical management. Gen Dent. 2010;58:e246-51 pubmed..Thorough curettage or partial resection was used to treat CGCG (96.39% success rate) and PGCG (98.71% success rate) in this group of patients documented during the follow-up period (1-18 years). ..
- Farahvash M, Majidi A, Roohipoor R, Ghassemi F. Preoperative injection of intravitreal bevacizumab in dense diabetic vitreous hemorrhage. Retina. 2011;31:1254-60 pubmed publisher..To evaluate the effect of preoperative intravitreal injection of bevacizumab on surgery and on the early postoperative course in diabetic patients undergoing vitrectomy for dense vitreous hemorrhage...
- Akhlaghpoor S, Tomasian A, Arjmand Shabestari A, Ebrahimi M, Alinaghizadeh M. Percutaneous osteoid osteoma treatment with combination of radiofrequency and alcohol ablation. Clin Radiol. 2007;62:268-73 pubmed..To assess the efficacy of percutaneous osteoid osteoma treatment using a combination of radiofrequency ablation (RFA) and alcohol ablation with regard to technical and long-term clinical success...
- Ravanbakhsh M, Sarafnejad A, Aghamohammadi A, Kardar G, Asgarian Omran H, Atarod L, et al. CD40 ligand expression on stimulated T-helper lymphocytes in patients with common variable immunodeficiency. Iran J Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2007;6:129-35 pubmed..The results of this study are in agreement with some other studies, indicating that CD40 ligand expression on stimulated T-helper lymphocytes of Common variable immunodeficiency patients is similar to normal controls. ..
- Sadrolsadat S, Shoroghi M, Farahbakhsh F, Moharreri R, Sheikhvatan M, Abbasi A. The effect of supplemental 70% oxygen on postoperative nausea and vomiting in patients undergoing inguinal hernia surgery. Hernia. 2008;12:167-71 pubmed..The role of oxygen as an important method for treatment of PONV was studied. The aim of this study was to compare intraoperative 30% oxygen with 70% oxygen for improvement of PONV in patients undergoing inguinal hernia surgery...
- Saadat S, Naseripour M, Smith G. The health and economic impact of fireworks-related injuries in Iran: a household survey following the New Year's Festival in Tehran. Injury. 2010;41:e28-33 pubmed publisher..To prevent these injuries, individuals should attend public fireworks displays conducted by professionals rather than engage in personal use of fireworks. ..
- Dehghan M, Ahmadieh H, Soheilian M, Azarmina M, Moradian S, Ramezani A, et al. Effect of oral prednisolone on visual outcomes and complications after scleral buckling. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2010;20:419-23 pubmed..To evaluate the effect of oral prednisolone on visual outcomes and complications of scleral buckling (SB) in phakic eyes with acute rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RRD)...
- Zakeri S, Khorami N, Ganji Z, Sepahian N, Malmasi A, Gouya M, et al. Leptospira wolffii, a potential new pathogenic Leptospira species detected in human, sheep and dog. Infect Genet Evol. 2010;10:273-7 pubmed publisher..In addition, this species can be potentially pathogenic to human and probably animal hosts. A large epidemiology survey would be needed to define the presence and the prevalence of this species in global endemic regions. ..
- Dashti Khavidaki S, Khalili H, Vahedi S, Lessan Pezeshki M. Serum zinc concentrations in patients on maintenance hemodialysis and its relationship with anemia, parathyroid hormone concentrations and pruritus severity. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl. 2010;21:641-5 pubmed
- Ghanadan A, Abbasi A, Kamyab Hesari K. Cutaneous leiomyoma: novel histologic findings for classification and diagnosis. Acta Med Iran. 2013;51:19-24 pubmed..Here we introduced some distinct histological features for each subtype of the cutaneous leiomyoma which can lead to create novel criteria for classification and diagnosis of the lesion. ..
- Kamyab Hesari K, Seirafi H, Jahan S, Aghazadeh N, Hejazi P, Azizpour A, et al. Nevus sebaceus: a clinicopathological study of 168 cases and review of the literature. Int J Dermatol. 2016;55:193-200 pubmed publisher..Development of malignancies in sebaceus nevi is a rare phenomenon, and decision for excision of the lesion should be made after thorough evaluation of the pros and cons. ..
- Naziri H, Baesi K, Moradi A, Aghasadeghi M, Tabarraei A, McFarland W, et al. Antiretroviral drug resistance mutations in naïve and experienced patients in Shiraz, Iran, 2014. Arch Virol. 2016;161:2503-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings call for more vigilant systematic ART resistance surveillance, increased resistance testing, careful management of patients with existing regimens, and strong advocacy for expansion of available drugs in Iran. ..
- Jarvandi S, Montazeri A, Harirchi I, Kazemnejad A. Beliefs and behaviours of Iranian teachers toward early detection of breast cancer and breast self-examination. Public Health. 2002;116:245-9 pubmed..Since teachers' beliefs and behaviours may have an impact on young females, planning training courses for this group of women is essential. ..
- Amini H, Aghayan S, Jalili S, Akhondzadeh S, Yahyazadeh O, Pakravan Nejad M. Comparison of mirtazapine and fluoxetine in the treatment of major depressive disorder: a double-blind, randomized trial. J Clin Pharm Ther. 2005;30:133-8 pubmed..None of the differences in reported adverse events was statistically significant. In this study, mirtazapine and fluoxetine were equally effective and well tolerated after 6 weeks of treatment in patients with major depressive disorder. ..
- Shadnia S, Rahimi M, Pajoumand A, Rasouli M, Abdollahi M. Successful treatment of acute aluminium phosphide poisoning: possible benefit of coconut oil. Hum Exp Toxicol. 2005;24:215-8 pubmed..The patient survived following rapid treatment and supportive care. It is concluded that coconut oil has a positive clinical significance and can be added to the treatment protocol of acute aluminium phosphide poisoning in humans. ..
- Amoli F, Heidari A. Survey of 447 patients with conjunctival neoplastic lesions in Farabi Eye Hospital, Tehran, Iran. Ophthalmic Epidemiol. 2006;13:275-9 pubmed..The characterization of precancerous lesions in this study emphasizes their potential to transform into malignant lesions and the need for sufficient early management and follow up. ..
- Zakeri S, Afsharpad M, Raeisi A, Djadid N. Prevalence of mutations associated with antimalarial drugs in Plasmodium falciparum isolates prior to the introduction of sulphadoxine-pyrimethamine as first-line treatment in Iran. Malar J. 2007;6:148 pubmed..Finding the fixed level of CQ resistance polymorphisms (pfcrt 76T) suggests that CQ must be withdrawn from the current treatment strategy in Iran, while SP may remain the treatment of choice for uncomplicated malaria. ..
- Tabatabaie P, Aghamohammadi A, Mamishi S, Isaeian A, Heidari G, Abdollahzade S, et al. Evaluation of humoral immune function in patients with bronchiectasis. Iran J Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2008;7:69-77 pubmed publisher..Early diagnosis and appropriate treatment will prevent the subsequent complications and improve quality of life of affected individuals. ..
- Mortazavi S, Motamedi M. Primary hydatid cyst of the maxillary sinus: case report. Gen Dent. 2008;56:444-6 pubmed..Infection occurs via ingestion of infected meat. Primary infection of the maxillary antrum is odd and very rare. This article reviews a case report involving this rare condition. ..
- Akbari M, Izadi P, Izadyar M, Kyriacou K, Kleanthous M. Molecular basis of thalassemia intermedia in Iran. Hemoglobin. 2008;32:462-70 pubmed publisher..These factors must be considered in genetic counseling, prediction of disease prognosis and treatment and prenatal diagnosis. ..
- Suri F, Kalhor R, Zargar S, Nilforooshan N, Yazdani S, Nezari H, et al. Screening of common CYP1B1 mutations in Iranian POAG patients using a microarray-based PrASE protocol. Mol Vis. 2008;14:2349-56 pubmed..Contrary to POAG patients studied in other populations, many mutation harboring Iranian patients carry two mutated alleles. We propose an explanation for this observation. ..
- Nakhjavani M, Khalilzadeh O, Khajeali L, Esteghamati A, Morteza A, Jamali A, et al. Serum oxidized-LDL is associated with diabetes duration independent of maintaining optimized levels of LDL-cholesterol. Lipids. 2010;45:321-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight that possibly more attention should be focused on markers of oxidative stress in the management of lipids in diabetic patients. ..
- Safarinejad M. Effect of pentoxifylline on semen parameters, reproductive hormones, and seminal plasma antioxidant capacity in men with idiopathic infertility: a randomized double-blind placebo-controlled study. Int Urol Nephrol. 2011;43:315-28 pubmed publisher..003). The acrosome reaction was observed to be increased in PTX group (P = 0.01). Levels of reproductive hormones were also affected. PTX administration significantly improves semen parameters in infertile men with idiopathic OAT. ..
- Akbari M, Malekzadeh R, Lepage P, Roquis D, Sadjadi A, Aghcheli K, et al. Mutations in Fanconi anemia genes and the risk of esophageal cancer. Hum Genet. 2011;129:573-82 pubmed publisher..38, 95% CI = 1.97-6.91, P = 0.0002). In summary, both heterozygous and homozygous mutations in several Fanconi anemia-predisposing genes are associated with an increased risk of ESCC in Iran. ..
- Bani M, Arazpour M, Kashani R, Mousavi M, Hutchins S. Comparison of custom-made and prefabricated neoprene splinting in patients with the first carpometacarpal joint osteoarthritis. Disabil Rehabil Assist Technol. 2013;8:232-7 pubmed publisher..In comparing two splints, paIn was the only significantly different parameter between tested parameters; with the custom-made splints demonstrating better results In paIn reduction. ..
- Farahyar S, Zaini F, Kordbacheh P, Rezaie S, Falahati M, Safara M, et al. Expression of Efflux Pumps and Fatty Acid Activator One Genes in Azole Resistant Candida Glabrata Isolated From Immunocompromised Patients. Acta Med Iran. 2016;54:458-64 pubmed..This study revealed overexpression of the CgCDR1, CgCDR2, and FAA1 genes affecting biological pathways, small hydrophobic compounds transport, and lipid metabolism in the resistant clinical C.glabrata isolates. ..
- Noorbala A, Akhondzadeh S, Tahmacebi Pour N, Jamshidi A. Hydro-alcoholic extract of Crocus sativus L. versus fluoxetine in the treatment of mild to moderate depression: a double-blind, randomized pilot trial. J Ethnopharmacol. 2005;97:281-4 pubmed..The results of this study indicate the efficacy of Crocus sativus in the treatment of mild to moderate depression. A large-scale trial is justified. ..
- Alidaee M, Taheri A, Mansoori P, Ghodsi S. Silver nitrate cautery in aphthous stomatitis: a randomized controlled trial. Br J Dermatol. 2005;153:521-5 pubmed..Silver nitrate sticks have been used for a long time to provide pain relief for the duration of an aphthous ulceration, with only one application. Silver nitrate causes chemical cauterization and increases the depth of injury...
- Ziaei S, Sadrkhanlu M, Moeini A, Faghihzadeh S. Effect of bacterial vaginosis on premature rupture of membranes and related complications in pregnant women with a gestational age of 37-42 weeks. Gynecol Obstet Invest. 2006;61:135-8 pubmed..6, 95% CI 0.9-2.8). BV is a common vaginitis in term pregnancy, but we could not find any relationship between BV and premature rupture of membranes at term. ..
- Amirzargar M, Yavangi M, Basiri A, Moghadam S, Khosravi F, Solgi G, et al. Genetic association of interleukin-4, interleukin-10, and transforming growth factor-beta gene polymorphism with allograft function in renal transplant patients. Transplant Proc. 2007;39:954-7 pubmed..TGF-beta codon 10 T allele was 39% in RE, 35% in SGF, and 53% in control group. In conclusion, this study suggested that some cytokine gene alleles reflected SGF among kidney transplant recipients. ..
- Shabani M, Asgarian Omran H, Omran H, Jeddi Tehrani M, Vossough P, Faranoush M, et al. Overexpression of orphan receptor tyrosine kinase Ror1 as a putative tumor-associated antigen in Iranian patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Tumour Biol. 2007;28:318-26 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our findings propose Ror1 as a new tumor-associated antigen and a potential tool for targeted immunotherapy and monitoring of minimal residual disease in ALL. ..