Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adult in Tehrān, Iran
Locale: Tehrān, Iran
Publications240 found, 100 shown here
- Nili H, Mozdarani H, Aleyasin A. Correlation of sperm DNA damage with protamine deficiency in Iranian subfertile men. Reprod Biomed Online. 2009;18:479-85 pubmed..01), with the highest level occurring in oligoasthenozoospermic patients. A direct correlation between protamine deficiency and sperm DNA damage was found for all subfertile patients studied. ..
- Amirmozafari N, Mirnejad R, Kazemi B, Sariri E, Bojari M, Darkahi F. Comparison of polymerase chain reaction and culture for detection of genital mycoplasma in clinical samples from patients with genital infections. Saudi Med J. 2009;30:1401-5 pubmed..31.9%) and co-infections with both species were detected in 25 samples (11.9%). The PCR was found to be highly sensitive when genus specific primers were used for diagnosis of genital mycoplasmas in comparison with culture. ..
- Sadighi J, Mohammad K, Sheikholeslam R, Amirkhani M, Torabi P, Salehi F, et al. Anaemia control: lessons from the flour fortification programme. Public Health. 2009;123:794-9 pubmed publisher..1% and 95% in Golestan province, respectively. In areas where anaemia is not mainly due to iron deficiency, an iron fortification programme might decrease the prevalence of iron deficiency without affecting the prevalence of anaemia. ..
- Tazeh Kand N, Eslami B, Mohammadian K. Inhaled fluticasone propionate reduces postoperative sore throat, cough, and hoarseness. Anesth Analg. 2010;111:895-8 pubmed publisher..05). Inhaled fluticasone propionate decreases the incidence and severity of postoperative sore throat, cough, and hoarseness in patients undergoing cesarean delivery under general anesthesia. ..
- Javadi M, Feizi S. Deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty using the big-bubble technique for keratectasia after laser in situ keratomileusis. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2010;36:1156-60 pubmed publisher..Neither author has a financial or proprietary interest in any material or method mentioned. ..
- Esteghamati A, Zandieh A, Khalilzadeh O, Morteza A, Meysamie A, Nakhjavani M, et al. Clustering of leptin and physical activity with components of metabolic syndrome in Iranian population: an exploratory factor analysis. Endocrine. 2010;38:206-13 pubmed publisher..Further, this study suggests that physical activity influences MetS components via modulation of the main underlying pathophysiologic pathway of this syndrome. ..
- Talebi Bezmin Abadi A, Mobarez A, Taghvaei T, Wolfram L. Antibiotic resistance of Helicobacter pylori in Mazandaran, North of Iran. Helicobacter. 2010;15:505-9 pubmed publisher..05). The prevalence of H. pylori antibiotic resistance to metronidazole and clarithromycin was high in Iran consistent with the reported low success rates for H. pylori treatment in this country. ..
- Manshadi F, Parnianpour M, Sarrafzadeh J, Azghani M, Kazemnejad A. Abdominal hollowing and lateral abdominal wall muscles' activity in both healthy men & women: An ultrasonic assessment in supine and standing positions. J Bodyw Mov Ther. 2011;15:108-13 pubmed publisher..We recommend performing further investigations using electromyography and RUSI simultaneously at more functional postures such as upright standing. ..
- Safaee A, Moghimi Dehkordi B, Pourhoseingholi M, Habibi M, Qafarnejad F, Pourhoseingholi A, et al. Heartburn and related factors in general population in Tehran, capital of Iran. East Afr J Public Health. 2010;7:196-8 pubmed..Heartburn is very frequent in Iranian population and has a considerable impact on everyday life. Many factors that may affect the prevalence of heartburn should be considered for prevention and control of this disease. ..
- Panahi Y, Sahebkar A, Amiri M, Davoudi S, Beiraghdar F, Hoseininejad S, et al. Improvement of sulphur mustard-induced chronic pruritus, quality of life and antioxidant status by curcumin: results of a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Br J Nutr. 2012;108:1272-9 pubmed..In conclusion, curcumin may be regarded as a natural, safe, widely available and inexpensive treatment for the management of SM-induced chronic pruritus. ..
- Sepanjnia K, Modabbernia A, Ashrafi M, Modabbernia M, Akhondzadeh S. Pioglitazone adjunctive therapy for moderate-to-severe major depressive disorder: randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2012;37:2093-100 pubmed publisher..Frequency of side effects was similar between the two groups. Pioglitazone is a safe and effective adjunctive short-term treatment in patients with moderate-to-severe MDD even in the absence of metabolic syndrome and diabetes. ..
- Ghajarzadeh M, Sahraian M, Fateh R, Daneshmand A. Fatigue, depression and sleep disturbances in Iranian patients with multiple sclerosis. Acta Med Iran. 2012;50:244-9 pubmed..25, P=0.01). This study demonstrates that depression is not the only cause of fatigue in patients with MS and it is also associated with sleep disorders, so this complaint should be carefully evaluated and managed in these patients. ..
- Aghai G, Vazirnia M, Poormatin R, Falavarjani K. Effects of local anesthesia with bupivacaine plus epinephrine on blepharoptosis and levator palpebrae muscle function. Ophthalmic Plast Reconstr Surg. 2013;29:198-200 pubmed publisher..The local anesthesia of the eyelid with 1 ml bupivacaine plus epinephrine causes a temporary increase of blepharoptosis within the first few minutes with minimal effect on levator muscle function measurements. ..
- Mohammadi Nejad M, Salehi E, Mesdaghi M, Atarod L, Movahedi M, Gheflati Z, et al. Increased expression of CD69 antigen on human peripheral blood natural killer cells in patients with allergic rhinitis. Iran J Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2013;12:68-74 pubmed publisher..The high expression of CD69 on NK cells in AR patients suggested that these cells were activated, probably due to the cytokines secreted from allergen-stimulated T cells and activated monocytes. ..
- Faranoush M, Abolghasemi H, Mahboudi F, Toogeh G, Karimi M, Eshghi P, et al. A Comparison of Efficacy Between Recombinant Activated Factor VII (Aryoseven) and Novoseven in Patients With Hereditary FVIII Deficiency With Inhibitor. Clin Appl Thromb Hemost. 2016;22:184-90 pubmed publisher..9%) were comparable. Biosimilar recombinant activated FVII is found to be as effective as Novoseven in the treatment of acute joint bleeding in patients with hemophilia with inhibitors. Its usage will decrease the gaps in hemophilia. ..
- Shamsipour M, Khajehkazemi R, Haghdoost A, Setayesh H, KarimanMajd S, Mostafavi E. Knowledge, Attitude, and Practice of Clerical Students with Respect to HIV/AIDS in Iran, 2011. J Relig Health. 2016;55:26-37 pubmed publisher..Having HIV-related courses as part of their curriculum or aside may contribute a lot to this. ..
- Haghighi A, Nafissi S, Qurashi A, Tan Z, Shamshiri H, Nilipour Y, et al. Genetics of GNE myopathy in the non-Jewish Persian population. Eur J Hum Genet. 2016;24:243-51 pubmed publisher..804G>A (p.L268=). The results of this investigation expand our knowledge about the genotype-phenotype correlations in GNE myopathy and aid in clinical management and therapeutic interventions. ..
- Karimi G, Zadsar M, Vafaei N, Sharifi Z, FalahTafti M. Prevalence of antibody to Hepatitis B core antigen and Hepatitis B virus DNA in HBsAg negative healthy blood donors. Virol J. 2016;13:36 pubmed publisher..Our data does not suggest HBc-Ab test as a screening tool in the study setting. ..
- Ghaderi Gandomani M, Sahebghadam Lotfi A, Kordi tamandani D, Arjmand S, Alizadeh S. The enhancement of differentiating adipose derived mesenchymal stem cells toward hepatocyte like cells using gelatin cryogel scaffold. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:1000-1006 pubmed publisher..Finally, the created 3D gelatin scaffold could provide an appropriate matrix for hepatogenic differentiation of hADSCs, which could be considered for liver tissue engineering applications. ..
- Teimourian S, Zomorodian E, Badalzadeh M, Pouya A, Kannengiesser C, Mansouri D, et al. Characterization of six novel mutations in CYBA: the gene causing autosomal recessive chronic granulomatous disease. Br J Haematol. 2008;141:848-51 pubmed publisher..373G>A); a splice site mutation in intron 5 (c.369+1G>A); a frameshift in exon 6 (c.385delGAGC); a frameshift in exon 3 (c.174delG); and a frameshift in exon 4 (c.223delC). ..
- Ghaderian S, Lindsey N, Graham A, Homer Vanniasinkam S, Akbarzadeh Najar R. Pathogenic mechanisms in varicose vein disease: the role of hypoxia and inflammation. Pathology. 2010;42:446-53 pubmed publisher..Finally, results already obtained in this investigation suggest that the process of pathogenesis of varicose veins is not restricted to the role of adhesion molecules. ..
- Alavi S, Ahmadi B, Baharestani B, Babaei T. Comparison of the effects of gelatin, Ringer's solution and a modern hydroxyl ethyl starch solution after coronary artery bypass graft surgery. Cardiovasc J Afr. 2012;23:428-31 pubmed publisher..HES (6%) had a better volume-expanding effect than gelatin (4%) and Ringer's solutions, and its short-term effects on renal function were also better than gelatin and Ringer's solutions. ..
- Mahdaviani S, Mohajerani S, Rezaei N, Casanova J, Mansouri S, Velayati A. Pulmonary manifestations of chronic granulomatous disease. Expert Rev Clin Immunol. 2013;9:153-60 pubmed publisher..Pulmonologists need to be aware of different lung manifestations of CGD. ..
- Kamrani R, Farhoud A, Nabian M, Zanjani L, Farzan M. Vascularized posterior interosseous pedicled bone grafting for infected forearm nonunion. J Hand Surg Eur Vol. 2016;41:441-7 pubmed publisher..In our patients, a vascularized posterior interosseous pedicled bone from the distal ulna is a reliable vascularized bone graft for managing infected forearm nonunion. ..
- Salarkia N, Omidvar N, Zaeri F, Zeinab H, Neyestani T. Mother's Self-Efficacy Mediates the Relationship Between Household Food Insecurity and Maternal Infant Feeding Styles. Matern Child Health J. 2016;20:602-12 pubmed publisher..927, RMSEA = 0.076). Our findings suggest that performing interventions in order to enhance mother's self-efficacy in food insecure households can lead to improve positive maternal feeding behaviors. ..
- Daneshpazhooh M, Moslehi H, Akhyani M, Etesami M. Tongue lesions in psoriasis: a controlled study. BMC Dermatol. 2004;4:16 pubmed..Nonspecific tongue lesions are frequently observed in psoriasis. Further studies are recommended to substantiate the clinical significance of these seemingly nonspecific findings in suspected psoriatic cases. ..
- Simforoosh N, Tabibi A, Nouralizadeh A, Nouri Mahdavi K, Shayaninasab H. Laparoscopic management of ureteropelvic junction obstruction by division of anterior crossing vein and cephalad relocation of anterior crossing artery. J Endourol. 2005;19:827-30 pubmed..We report our experience with laparoscopic management of ureteropelvic junction (UPJ) obstruction by division of the anterior crossing vein and cephalad relocation of the anterior crossing artery...
- Zakeri S, Sepahian N, Afsharpad M, Esfandiari B, Ziapour P, Djadid N. Molecular epidemiology of leptospirosis in northern Iran by nested polymerase chain reaction/restriction fragment length polymorphism and sequencing methods. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2010;82:899-903 pubmed publisher..Therefore, it is important to increase attention about this disease among physicians and to strengthen laboratory capacity for its diagnosis in infected patients in Iran. ..
- Shadnia S, Mehrpour O, Soltaninejad K. A simplified acute physiology score in the prediction of acute aluminum phosphide poisoning outcome. Indian J Med Sci. 2010;64:532-9 pubmed..88 ± 4.22 vs. 4.31 ± 2.06, respectively) (P < 0.001). SAPSII calculated within the first 24 hours was recognized as a good prognostic indicator among patients with acute AlP poisoning requiring ICU admission. ..
- Mehdizade J, Saedi B, Fotouhi R, Safavi A. A novel test to differentiate anosmic malingerers from actually anosmic patients. Am J Rhinol Allergy. 2012;26:485-8 pubmed publisher..71% specificity, 67.02% positive predictive value, and 84.78%negative predictive value. The TUODT is a relatively efficient method to identify anosmia malingerers. ..
- Zamani M, Keshavarz Fathi M, Fakhri Bafghi M, Hirbod Mobarakeh A, Rezaei N, Bahrami A, et al. Survival benefits of dexmedetomidine used for sedating septic patients in intensive care setting: A systematic review. J Crit Care. 2016;32:93-100 pubmed publisher..Further studies are warranted to confirm whether using this particular agent improves sepsis outcomes in comparison to other commonly used sedating agents. ..
- Akhondzadeh S, Kashani L, Fotouhi A, Jarvandi S, Mobaseri M, Moin M, et al. Comparison of Lavandula angustifolia Mill. tincture and imipramine in the treatment of mild to moderate depression: a double-blind, randomized trial. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2003;27:123-7 pubmed..The main overall finding from this study is that lavandula tincture may be of therapeutic benefit in the management of mild to moderate depression as adjuvant therapy. A large-scale trial is justified...
- Mortazavi S, Farzan M, Asadollahi S. Proximal tibiofibular joint synovial cyst--one pathology with three different presentations. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2006;14:875-9 pubmed..Age distribution and clinical manifestation of extraneural proximal tibiofibular joint synovial cyst is discussed in the light of relevant literature...
- Shadnia S, Soltaninejad K, Hassanian Moghadam H, Sadeghi A, Rahimzadeh H, Zamani N, et al. Methemoglobinemia in aluminum phosphide poisoning. Hum Exp Toxicol. 2011;30:250-3 pubmed publisher..Therefore, other treatments including hyperbaric oxygen therapy and exchange blood transfusion should be considered. ..
- Asghari G, Mirmiran P, Rashidkhani B, Asghari Jafarabadi M, Mehran M, Azizi F. The association between diet quality indices and obesity: Tehran Lipid and Glucose Study. Arch Iran Med. 2012;15:599-605 pubmed..Adherence to MDS, HEI-2005, and DQI-I could not predict BMI and WC in Iranian participants after 6.7 years of follow-up. ..
- Mohamadnejad M, Alimoghaddam K, Bagheri M, Ashrafi M, Abdollahzadeh L, Akhlaghpoor S, et al. Randomized placebo-controlled trial of mesenchymal stem cell transplantation in decompensated cirrhosis. Liver Int. 2013;33:1490-6 pubmed publisher..Further studies with higher number of patients are warranted to better clarify the impact of MSC infusion through peripheral vein or portal vein in cirrhosis. ..
- Valojerdi M, Eftekhari Yazdi P, Karimian L, Ashtiani S. Effect of laser zona pellucida opening on clinical outcome of assisted reproduction technology in patients with advanced female age, recurrent implantation failure, or frozen-thawed embryos. Fertil Steril. 2008;90:84-91 pubmed..To determine whether laser-assisted hatching can improve clinical outcome of assisted reproductive techniques in patients with advanced female age, with recurrent implantation failure, or who are using frozen-thawed embryos...
- Fadaei Araghi M, Geranpayeh L, Irani S, Matloob R, Kuraki S. Breast tuberculosis: report of eight cases. Arch Iran Med. 2008;11:463-5 pubmed publisher..Antitubercular therapy was the therapeutic mainstay. Surgical intervention was reserved for aspiration of cold abscesses, and excision of residual sinuses and masses. ..
- Feizi A, Kazemnejad A, Babaee G, Parsayekta Z, Monjamed Z. Public awareness of risk factors for cancer and its determinants in an Iranian population. Asia Pac J Public Health. 2010;22:76-88 pubmed publisher..The applied statistical model presented a new descriptive and analytical perspective to evaluate the level of knowledge about the cancer risk factors and its determinants. ..
- Dadkhah F, Kashanian M, Eliasi G. A comparison between the pregnancy outcome in women both with or without threatened abortion. Early Hum Dev. 2010;86:193-6 pubmed publisher..Therefore threatened abortion indicates a high risk pregnancy and, as such, demands more serious prenatal care. ..
- Ranjbar R, Rahbar M, Naghoni A, Farshad S, Davari A, Shahcheraghi F. A cholera outbreak associated with drinking contaminated well water. Arch Iran Med. 2011;14:339-40 pubmed publisher..We conducted an epidemiological, environmental and microbiological investigation to determine the causative agent, source and extent of this outbreak...
- Mohajeri M, Farazmand A, Mohyeddin Bonab M, Nikbin B, Minagar A. FOXP3 gene expression in multiple sclerosis patients pre- and post mesenchymal stem cell therapy. Iran J Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2011;10:155-61 pubmed publisher..Such significant enhanced expression of FoxP3 associated with clinical stability. Findings from this pilot study further support the potential of bone marrow derived MSC for treatment of MS patients. ..
- Barzkar M, Pourhoseingholi M, Habibi M, Moghimi Dehkordi B, Safaee A, Pourhoseingholi A, et al. Uninvestigated dyspepsia and its related factors in an Iranian community. Saudi Med J. 2009;30:397-402 pubmed..9%. Uninvestigated dyspepsia has a less common prevalence in the general Iranian population than developed countries. Women, older, obese, widowed, and low education subjects are more likely to suffer from dyspepsia. ..
- Nasirpour A, Gohari M, Moradi S. The relationship of centralization, organizational culture and performance indexes in teaching hospitals affiliated to Tehran University of Medical Sciences. Acta Med Iran. 2010;48:326-31 pubmed..Further research regarding structure is suggested in the future. ..
- Akbari A, Abbasi Rad S, Rad H. T1 correlates age: A short-TE MR relaxometry study in vivo on human cortical bone free water at 1.5T. Bone. 2016;83:17-22 pubmed publisher..It can be concluded that STE-MRI can be utilized as proper alternative in quantifying cortical bone porosity parameters in-vivo, with the advantages of widespread clinical availability and being cost-effective. ..
- Ghanei M, Panahi Y, Mojtahedzadeh M, Khalili A, Aslani J. Effect of gamma interferon on lung function of mustard gas exposed patients, after 15 years. Pulm Pharmacol Ther. 2006;19:148-53 pubmed..The findings of this study indicate that a 6-month treatment with interferon gamma-1b plus a low-dose prednisolone is associated with an improvement in the lung function in mustard-gas exposed patients with bronchiolitis. ..
- Sabour H, Javidan A, Ranjbarnovin N, Vafa M, Khazaeipour Z, Ghaderi F, et al. Cardiometabolic risk factors in Iranians with spinal cord injury: analysis by injury-related variables. J Rehabil Res Dev. 2013;50:635-42 pubmed..Patients with paraplegia may have increased hypertension, higher BMI, and increasing levels of serum LDL-C and TC than those with tetraplegia. Conventional risk factors for CHD should be identified and treated in individuals with SCI. ..
- Fanaei H, Khayat S, Kasaeian A, Javadimehr M. Effect of curcumin on serum brain-derived neurotrophic factor levels in women with premenstrual syndrome: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Neuropeptides. 2016;56:25-31 pubmed publisher..Based on our results part of these beneficial effects of curcumin may be mediated through enhancing serum BDNF levels in women with PMS. ..
- Hosseini B, Saedisomeolia A, Wood L, Yaseri M, Tavasoli S. Effects of pomegranate extract supplementation on inflammation in overweight and obese individuals: A randomized controlled clinical trial. Complement Ther Clin Pract. 2016;22:44-50 pubmed publisher..HDL-C significantly increased following the PE versus the PL intervention. Our study suggests that pomegranate extract consumption may reduce complications linked with obesity. ..
- Ashrafi M, Kiani K, Ghasemi A, Rastegar F, Nabavi M. The effect of low dose human chorionic gonadotropin on follicular response and oocyte maturation in PCOS patients undergoing IVF cycles: a randomized clinical trial of efficacy and safety. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2011;284:1431-8 pubmed publisher..Fertilization, implantation and pregnancy rates were similar in the three groups. A combination of FSH and low dose hCG improved oocyte maturity and preserved outcomes with improved safety and lowered cost. ..
- Zakeri S, Afsharpad M, Kazemzadeh T, Mehdizadeh K, Shabani A, Djadid N. Association of pfcrt but not pfmdr1 alleles with chloroquine resistance in Iranian isolates of Plasmodium falciparum. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2008;78:633-40 pubmed..falciparum mutations associated with resistance to CQ are abundant in south-eastern Iran and this finding strongly supports that CQ as the first line drug is inadequate for treatment of uncomplicated falciparum malaria in Iran. ..
- Panahi Y, Davoudi S, Beiraghdar F, Amiri M. Doxepin cream vs betamethasone cream for treatment of chronic skin lesions due to sulfur mustard. Skinmed. 2011;9:152-8 pubmed..All DLQI subscores decreased after both type of treatments (P < .01). Equal efficacy of doxepin cream and betamethasone suggest that doxepin is a potential alternative to control pruritus caused by sulfur mustard in exposed veterans. ..
- Tajik N, Shahsavar F, Poormoghim H, Radjabzadeh M, Mousavi T, Jalali A. KIR3DL1+HLA-B Bw4Ile80 and KIR2DS1+HLA-C2 combinations are both associated with ankylosing spondylitis in the Iranian population. Int J Immunogenet. 2011;38:403-9 pubmed publisher..0081) and iKIR+HLA < aKIR (P(c) = 0.077) were more common in patient group. Our findings suggest a role for excessive or inappropriate NK cell activation through 'KIR/HLA' system in AS disease. ..
- Agah M, Ghasemi M, Roodneshin F, Radpay B, Moradian S. Prone position in percutaneous nephrolithotomy and postoperative visual loss. Urol J. 2011;8:191-6 pubmed..Therefore, in PCNL carried out in prone position, it is recommended to observe safety measures and necessary precautions for IOP rise and possible post anesthesia visual loss, particularly in glaucoma. ..
- Kashkouli M, Parvaresh M, Modarreszadeh M, Hashemi M, Beigi B. Factors affecting the success of external dacryocystorhinostomy. Orbit. 2003;22:247-55 pubmed..Ext-DCR is an effective and highly successful procedure for the treatment of NLDO regardless of the etiology. ..
- Hashemi H, Yazdani K, Khabazkhoob M, Mehravaran S, Mohammad K, Fotouhi A. Distribution of photopic pupil diameter in the Tehran eye study. Curr Eye Res. 2009;34:378-85 pubmed publisher..The pupil diameter has reverse correlations with age and spherical equivalent, a direct correlation with ACD, but is not correlated with gender. ..
- Dianat S, Zarei M, Hassanian Moghaddam H, Rashidi Ranjbar N, Rahimian R, Rasouli M. Tricyclic antidepressants intoxication in Tehran, Iran: epidemiology and associated factors. Hum Exp Toxicol. 2011;30:283-8 pubmed publisher..The results of this study are helpful in identifying individuals who are prone to TCA intoxication and may be useful in implementation of preventive strategies. ..
- Davatchi F, Shams H, Rezaipoor M, Sadeghi Abdollahi B, Shahram F, Nadji A, et al. Rituximab in intractable ocular lesions of Behcet's disease; randomized single-blind control study (pilot study). Int J Rheum Dis. 2010;13:246-52 pubmed publisher..781, P = 0.012 vs. t = 2.707, P = 0.014). Rituximab was efficient in severe ocular manifestations of BD, TADAI improved significantly after 6 months with rituximab, but not with CCT. ..
- Heidari K, Amiri M, Kariman H, Bassiri M, Alimohammadi H, Hatamabadi H. Differentiation of exudate from transudate ascites based on the dipstick values of protein, glucose, and pH. Am J Emerg Med. 2013;31:779-82 pubmed publisher..848-0.982; P < .001). We concluded that the dipstick can be an inexpensive, rapid, and simple option for categorizing ascites into transudate and exudate and can be used routinely for this purpose in clinical practice. ..
- Rahimlou M, Mirzaei K, Keshavarz S, Hossein Nezhad A. Association of circulating adipokines with metabolic dyslipidemia in obese versus non-obese individuals. Diabetes Metab Syndr. 2016;10:S60-5 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrated that circulating RBP4 was significantly higher in the obese individuals which may increase the risk of MD in them. Further researches are needed to address this association. ..
- Pouryaghoub G, Mehrdad R, Mohammadi S. Interaction of smoking and occupational noise exposure on hearing loss: a cross-sectional study. BMC Public Health. 2007;7:137 pubmed..Accurate follow up of smoker workers who are exposed to noise levels exceeding 85 dBA is suggested. Smokers should periodically attend educational courses on "smoking cessation", especially in noisy workplaces. ..
- Simforoosh N, Basiri A, Danesh A, Ziaee S, Sharifiaghdas F, Tabibi A, et al. Laparoscopic management of ureteral calculi: a report of 123 cases. Urol J. 2007;4:138-41 pubmed
- Taheri Z, Mehrafza M, Mohammadi F, Khoddami M, Bahadori M, Masjedi M. The diagnostic value of Ki-67 and repp86 in distinguishing between benign and malignant mesothelial proliferations. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2008;132:694-7 pubmed publisher..The differentiation of benign mesothelial proliferations from malignant mesotheliomas may be difficult, especially when evaluating small specimens from pleural biopsies...
- Mehrizi A, Zakeri S, Salmanian A, Sanati M, Djadid N. IgG subclasses pattern and high-avidity antibody to the C-terminal region of merozoite surface protein 1 of Plasmodium vivax in an unstable hypoendemic region in Iran. Acta Trop. 2009;112:1-7 pubmed publisher..These results could help to understand the interactions between the host and P. vivax parasite in development of MSP-1(19)-based vaccine. ..
- Najafi S, Djavid G, Mehrdad N, Rajaii E, Alavi N, Olfatbakhsh A, et al. Taxane-based regimens as a risk factor for chemotherapy-induced amenorrhea. Menopause. 2011;18:208-12 pubmed publisher..The objective of our study was to show the impact of different chemotherapy regimens on the incidence of amenorrhea (chemotherapy-induced amenorrhea [CIA]) in premenopausal women of various ages with breast cancer...
- Sharifi Z, Yari F, Gharebaghiyan A. Sequence analysis of the polymerase gene in hepatitis B virus infected blood donors in Iran. Arch Iran Med. 2012;15:88-90 pubmed publisher..More studies on the full-length HBV genomes are required to determine genome evolution of HBV among infected Iranian blood donors. ..
- Farhadnejad H, Asghari G, Mirmiran P, Yuzbashian E, Azizi F. Micronutrient Intakes and Incidence of Chronic Kidney Disease in Adults: Tehran Lipid and Glucose Study. Nutrients. 2016;8:217 pubmed publisher..High intake of several micronutrients including vitamins C, E, D, cobalamin, folate, magnesium, and potassium was associated with a decreased risk, while sodium was associated with an increased risk of incident CKD. ..
- Sharifiaghdas F, Beigi F. Impalpable testis: laparoscopy or inguinal canal exploration?. Scand J Urol Nephrol. 2008;42:154-7 pubmed..In this retrospective study we evaluated the accuracy of intraperitoneal laparoscopy, inguinal canal exploration and ultrasound in the diagnosis of impalpable testis...
- Chams Davatchi C, Barikbin B, Shahram F, Nadji A, Moghaddassi M, Yousefi M, et al. Pimecrolimus versus placebo in genital aphthous ulcers of Behcet's disease: a randomized double-blind controlled trial. Int J Rheum Dis. 2010;13:253-8 pubmed publisher..7 vs. 20.7 days, F = 17.466, P < 0.0001) and treatment-completed analysis (8.3 vs. 20.7 days, F = 29.289, P < 0.0001). Pimecrolimus is safe and efficient in the treatment of BD genital ulcers, by accelerating the healing process. ..
- Asadpor U, Totonchi M, Sabbaghian M, Hoseinifar H, Akhound M, Zari Moradi S, et al. Ubiquitin-specific protease (USP26) gene alterations associated with male infertility and recurrent pregnancy loss (RPL) in Iranian infertile patients. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2013;30:923-31 pubmed publisher..05). According to our results, the USP26 gene may play an important role in male reproduction. The alterations of this gene may be involved in male infertility and RPL in Iranian population and may negatively affect testicular function. ..
- Eslamparast T, Poustchi H, Zamani F, Sharafkhah M, Malekzadeh R, Hekmatdoost A. Synbiotic supplementation in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot study. Am J Clin Nutr. 2014;99:535-42 pubmed publisher..Whether these effects will be sustained with longer treatment durations remains to be determined. ..
- Ansari S, Dadmehr M, Nejat F. Possible genetic correlation of an occipital dermal sinus in a mother and son. Case report. J Neurosurg. 2006;105:326-8 pubmed..The boy's mother had a similar lesion but did not have any complaints. Following their experience with this case and a literature review, the authors suggest that there may be a genetic basis in certain instances of ODS. ..
- Ranjbar M, Rezaiee A, Hashemi S, Mehdipour S. Neurobrucellosis: report of a rare disease in 20 Iranian patients referred to a tertiary hospital. East Mediterr Health J. 2009;15:143-8 pubmed..In endemic areas, the disease should be ruled out in all patients who develop unexplained neurological symptoms. ..
- Hashemi H, Iribarren R, Morgan I, Khabazkhoob M, Mohammad K, Fotouhi A. Increased hyperopia with ageing based on cycloplegic refractions in adults: the Tehran Eye Study. Br J Ophthalmol. 2010;94:20-3 pubmed publisher..To determine the trend in the prevalence of hyperopia in Tehran, Iran...
- Harirchian M, Tekieh A, Modabbernia A, Aghamollaii V, Tafakhori A, Ghaffarpour M, et al. Serum and CSF PDGF-AA and FGF-2 in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis: a case-control study. Eur J Neurol. 2012;19:241-7 pubmed publisher..05). Our study was the first to show that CSF PDGF-AA is related to disease duration. Supporting previous findings we showed that serum and CSF levels of these factors are weak indicators of disease severity. ..
- Salehpour A, Shidfar F, Hosseinpanah F, Vafa M, Razaghi M, Amiri F. Does vitamin D3 supplementation improve glucose homeostasis in overweight or obese women? A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Diabet Med. 2013;30:1477-81 pubmed publisher..271; P = 0.018). The results indicate that the vitamin D3 supplement of 25 ?g/day had no beneficial effect on glycaemic indices in healthy overweight or obese women. ..
- Simforoosh N, Basiri A, Tabibi A, Javanmard B, Kashi A, Soltani M, et al. Living Unrelated Versus Related Kidney Transplantation: A 25-Year Experience with 3716 Cases. Urol J. 2016;13:2546-51 pubmed..It seems that the outcome of LURD and LRD is comparable in terms of patient and graft survival. Therefore, transplants from LURDs may be proposed as an acceptable management for patients with end stage renal disease. ..
- Bohlooli N, Ahmadi A, Maroufi N, Sarrafzadeh J, Jaberzadeh S. Differential activation of scapular muscles, during arm elevation, with and without trigger points. J Bodyw Mov Ther. 2016;20:26-34 pubmed publisher..These changes may serve as adaptive motor control strategies due to the presence of LMTrPs in UT muscles. ..
- Seirafi H, Farnaghi F, Firooz A, Vasheghani Farahani A, Alirezaie N, Dowlati Y. Pimecrolimus cream in repigmentation of vitiligo. Dermatology. 2007;214:253-9 pubmed
- Zarei A, Arab M, Froushani A, Rashidian A, Ghazi Tabatabaei S. Service quality of private hospitals: the Iranian patients' perspective. BMC Health Serv Res. 2012;12:31 pubmed publisher..Our findings clarified the importance of creating a strong relationship between patients and the hospital practitioners/personnel and the need for hospital staff to be responsive, credible, and empathetic when dealing with patients. ..
- Farzadfar F, Murray C, Gakidou E, Bossert T, Namdaritabar H, Alikhani S, et al. Effectiveness of diabetes and hypertension management by rural primary health-care workers (Behvarz workers) in Iran: a nationally representative observational study. Lancet. 2012;379:47-54 pubmed publisher..Iran's primary care system should expand the number and scope of its primary health-care worker programmes to also address blood pressure and to improve performance in areas with few primary care personnel. None. ..
- Yazdani N, Amoli M, Naraghi M, Mersaghian A, Firouzi F, Sayyahpour F, et al. Association between the functional polymorphism C-159T in the CD14 promoter gene and nasal polyposis: potential role in asthma. J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol. 2012;22:406-11 pubmed..02). However, we did not find an association between the distribution of C-159T and serum immunoglobulin E level. A genetic variation in the CD14 promoter might play a role in the pathogenesis of NP and in the incidence of asthma. ..
- Safarinejad M. Prevalence and risk factors for erectile dysfunction in a population-based study in Iran. Int J Impot Res. 2003;15:246-52 pubmed..71, 95% CI, 2.51-6.76 and OR 2.80, 95% CI, 1.47-4.32, respectively). This study provides a quantitative estimate of the prevalence and main risk factors for ED in Iranian men. ..
- Hassanpour S, Shariati S. One stage reconstruction of nasal defect by reverse flow retroauricular island flap - case series and discussion. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2008;61:949-52 pubmed..Although this technique is of a higher level of difficulty than a conventional washio flap, it allows aesthetically favourable nasal reconstruction by a single stage operation in selected cases. ..
- Niroumanesh S, Mehdipour P, Farajpour A, Darvish S. A cytogenetic study of couples with repeated spontaneous abortions. Ann Saudi Med. 2011;31:77-9 pubmed publisher..7%) paracentric inversion, 1 (7.7%) chromosomal marker, and 1 (7.7%) polymorphism 9qh+. The pattern of chromosomal aberrations was similar to that reported in other studies, but the prevalence of chromosomal aberrations was higher. ..
- Ghadiri M, Nourmohammadi I, Fasihi Ramandi M, Moazen Zadeh E. Association involving serotonin transporter gene linked polymorphic region and bipolar disorder type 1 in Iranian population. Asia Pac Psychiatry. 2016;8:92-7 pubmed publisher..06-2.11). Our statistically significant results suggest that the role of 5HTTLPR in the pathogenesis of BP-1 needs to be clarified by further scrutiny in Iranian population and other populations of Near East. ..
- Moghimi S, Riazi Esfahani M, Maghsoudipour M. Visual function after implantation of aniridia intraocular lens for traumatic aniridia in vitrectomized eye. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2007;17:660-5 pubmed..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of aniridia posterior chamber intraocular lens (PCIOL) in traumatic aniridia and aphakia in vitrectomized eyes...
- Naderimagham S, Niknami S, Abolhassani F, Hajizadeh E, Montazeri A. Development and psychometric properties of a new social support scale for self-care in middle-aged patients with type II diabetes (S4-MAD). BMC Public Health. 2012;12:1035 pubmed publisher..It is an easy to use questionnaire and contains the most significant diabetes related behaviors that need continuous support for self-care. ..
- Mahjoubi B, Haizadch Kharazi H, Mirzaei R, Moghimi A, Changizi A. Diagnostic accuracy of body coil MRI in describing the characteristics of perianal fistulas. Colorectal Dis. 2006;8:202-7 pubmed..MRI identified 8 of 10 collections. The synergic body coil MRI with SPIR sequencing without endoanal coils had a high accuracy in the diagnosis of high fistulas collections, complex fistulas and extensions. ..