Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Tabriz, East Azerbaijan, Iran
Locale: Tabriz, East Azerbaijan, Iran
Publications325 found, 100 shown here
- Ghahremanpour M, Mehrnejad F, Moghaddam M. Structural studies of SNARE complex and its interaction with complexin by molecular dynamics simulation. Biopolymers. 2010;93:560-70 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that the alpha-accessory helix of complexin can be an inhibiting factor for membrane fusion by competing with synaptobrevin for binding to the Q-SNARE complex. ..
- Kahnamouei M, Mohammadi N, Navimipour E, Shakerifar M. Push-out bond strength of quartz fibre posts to root canal dentin using total-etch and self-adhesive resin cements. Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal. 2012;17:e337-44 pubmed..The aim of the present study was to investigate the push-out bond strengths of quartz fibre posts to root dentin with the use of different total-etch and self-adhesive resin cements...
- Azarbarzin S, Feizi M, Safaralizadeh R, Kazemzadeh M, Fateh A. The Value of MiR-383, an Intronic MiRNA, as a Diagnostic and Prognostic Biomarker in Intestinal-Type Gastric Cancer. Biochem Genet. 2017;55:244-252 pubmed publisher..Downregulation of miR-383 might be used as a potential tumor marker for the diagnosis of gastric cancer or could be a potential target for gene therapy. ..
- Safaie Qamsari E, Safaei Ghaderi S, Zarei B, Dorostkar R, Bagheri S, Jadidi Niaragh F, et al. The c-Met receptor: Implication for targeted therapies in colorectal cancer. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317699118 pubmed publisher..Novel therapeutic approaches for c-Met pathway targeting will also be discussed. ..
- Ahmadi Y, Ghorbanihaghjo A, Argani H. The balance between induction and inhibition of mevalonate pathway regulates cancer suppression by statins: A review of molecular mechanisms. Chem Biol Interact. 2017;273:273-285 pubmed publisher..In this review we focus on the cancer developing "potentials" and the anti-cancer "activities" of statins regarding the effects of statins on mevalonate/isoprenoid pathway in the liver and extra-hepatic tissues. ..
- Zomorrodi A, Buhluli A. Instillation of povidone iodine to treat lymphocele and leak of lymph after renal transplantation. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl. 2007;18:621-4 pubmed..We conclude that instillation of diluted povidone iodine for treatment of lymphocele and leak of lymph is safe and effective and it may be considered as first choice for these conditions...
- Bialvaei A, Kafil H, Asgharzadeh M, Aghazadeh M, Yousefi M. CTX-M extended-spectrum ?-lactamase-producing Klebsiella spp, Salmonella spp, Shigella spp and Escherichia coli isolates in Iranian hospitals. Braz J Microbiol. 2016;47:706-11 pubmed publisher..6%. This study indicated that resistance to ?-lactams mediated by CTX-M enzymes in Iran had similar pattern as in other parts of the world. In order to control the spread of resistance, comprehensive studies and programs are needed. ..
- Bafandeh Y, Hashemzadeh S, Sokouti M, Esmaili H. Clinicopathologic characteristics of esophageal cancer patients in northwest Iran--very low incidence of adenocarcinomas. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2006;7:480-2 pubmed..Therefore, we hypothesized that esophageal AC would also be lower than in the Western world. The aim of this study was to assess the clinicopathologic characteristics of esophageal cancer in comparison the data from western populations...
- Oskoee S, Oskoee P, Navimipour E, Shahi S. In vitro fracture resistance of endodontically-treated maxillary premolars. Oper Dent. 2007;32:510-4 pubmed..05). Neither horizontal pin placement nor flowable composite had a significant effect on increasing the fracture resistance of endodontically-treated maxillary premolars restored with composite. ..
- Aminabadi N, Farahani R. Correlation of parenting style and pediatric behavior guidance strategies in the dental setting: preliminary findings. Acta Odontol Scand. 2008;66:99-104 pubmed publisher..7%) were performed only in the permissive category. This study provides preliminary evidence that a child's reaction to restorative dental procedures is influenced by the nature of the caregiver's parenting style. ..
- Shoja M, Tubbs R, Loukas M, Shokouhi G. The split flexor digitorum superficialis. Ital J Anat Embryol. 2008;113:103-7 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is only the second report of a split FDS in the extant literature. A review of neuromuscular variations of the anterior forearm is presented. ..
- Bilan N, Galehgolab B, Emadaddin A, Shiva S. Risk of mortality in pediatric intensive care unit, assessed by PRISM-III. Pak J Biol Sci. 2009;12:480-5 pubmed..161). The observed short-term mortality rate was 9.05% and the expected mortality rate by the PRISM-III scoring was 9% (O/E ratio = 1.005). The PRISM-III scoring system was highly calibrated in our institute. ..
- Bayrami M, Hashemi T, Malekirad A, Ashayeri H, Faraji F, Abdollahi M. Electroencephalogram, cognitive state, psychological disorders, clinical symptom, and oxidative stress in horticulture farmers exposed to organophosphate pesticides. Toxicol Ind Health. 2012;28:90-6 pubmed publisher..Use of supplementary antioxidants would be useful in the treatment of farmers. ..
- Sorkhabi R, Sedgipoor M, Mahdavifard A. Collagen cross-linking for resistant corneal ulcer. Int Ophthalmol. 2013;33:61-6 pubmed publisher..Corneal collagen cross-linking is a viable therapeutic option for treatment of corneal ulcers and can be used as an adjuvant for conventional treatment in resistant cases...
- Babaloo Z, Yeganeh R, Farhoodi M, Baradaran B, Bonyadi M, Aghebati L. Increased IL-17A but decreased IL-27 serum levels in patients with multiple sclerosis. Iran J Immunol. 2013;10:47-54 pubmed publisher..35 ± 507.84 pg/ml, p=0.001). Our findings show decreased levels of IL-27 against increasing IL-17A levels in patients group which may suggest a suppressive role of IL-27 on inflammatory process of MS. ..
- Babaeinejad S, Fouladi R. The efficacy, safety, and tolerability of adapalene versus benzoyl peroxide in the treatment of mild acne vulgaris: a randomized trial. J Drugs Dermatol. 2013;12:790-4 pubmed..3% of adapalene receivers vs. 73.3% in BPO group (P=0.08). Both topical adapalene 0.1% and BPO 2.5% gels seem safe and effective in mild acne vulgaris, with a marginal tendency toward the former. ..
- Abbasi M, Monfaredan A, Hamishehkar H, Seidi K, Jahanban Esfahlan R. Novel DOX-MTX nanoparticles improve oral SCC clinical outcome by down regulation of lymph dissemination factor VEGF-C expression in vivo: oral and IV modalities. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2014;15:6227-32 pubmed
- Babaiasl M, Mahdioun S, Jaryani P, Yazdani M. A review of technological and clinical aspects of robot-aided rehabilitation of upper-extremity after stroke. Disabil Rehabil Assist Technol. 2016;11:263-80 pubmed publisher..Implications for Rehabilitation Reviewing common terms in rehabilitation of upper limb using robots Reviewing rehabilitation robots built up to date Reviewing clinical outcomes of the mentioned rehabilitation robots. ..
- Taghipour N, Amini H, Mosaferi M, Yunesian M, Pourakbar M, Taghipour H. National and sub-national drinking water fluoride concentrations and prevalence of fluorosis and of decayed, missed, and filled teeth in Iran from 1990 to 2015: a systematic review. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2016;23:5077-98 pubmed publisher..Further studies, health education and promotion plans, and evidence-based nutrition programs are recommended. ..
- Heidari E, Taheri N. Surgical treatment of severely traumatized eyes with no light perception. Retina. 2010;30:294-9 pubmed publisher..Performing exploratory surgery within 14 days after the injury may salvage the globe and improve vision; this approach also entails positive psychologic effects for patients and relatives. ..
- Jouyban A, Fakhree M, Shayanfar A. Review of pharmaceutical applications of N-methyl-2-pyrrolidone. J Pharm Pharm Sci. 2010;13:524-35 pubmed..This review reveals that NMP is an acceptable pharmaceutical solvent and its efficacy, toxicity, and side effects are comparable with other common solvent. ..
- Mohammadnejad L, Farajnia S, Parivar K, Naghili B, Yousefzadeh Kheirnagsh R. Hepatitis B virus genotypes in eastern Azerbaijan, Northwest Iran. Arch Iran Med. 2012;15:446-8 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to investigate, for the first time, the genotype of hepatitis B virus (HBV) among hepatitis patients in Eastern Azerbaijan Province, Northwest Iran...
- Mansoori B, Mohammadi A, Shirjang S, Baghbani E, Baradaran B. Micro RNA 34a and Let-7a Expression in Human Breast Cancers is Associated with Apoptotic Expression Genes. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2016;17:1887-90 pubmed
- Nemati S, Rezabakhsh A, Khoshfetrat A, Nourazarian A, Biray Avci C, Goker Bagca B, et al. Alginate-gelatin encapsulation of human endothelial cells promoted angiogenesis in in vivo and in vitro milieu. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2017;114:2920-2930 pubmed publisher..05). These observations suggest that alginate-gelatin encapsulation can induce angiogenic response in in vivo and in vitro conditions. ..
- Cengiz F, Yilmazer R, Olgun L, Sennaroglu L, Kirazli T, Alper H, et al. Novel pathogenic variants underlie SLC26A4-related hearing loss in a multiethnic cohort. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2017;101:167-171 pubmed publisher..The p.N558S variant was detected in two unrelated Mexican families. A range of SLC26A4 variants without a common recurrent mutation underlies SLC26A4-related hearing loss in Turkey, Iran, and Mexico. ..
- Seyednejad F, Tubbs R, Shoja M, Daghigi M, Oakes W. Presumed recurrence of intracranial Rosai-Dorfman disease as a cervical spine tumor. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2007;149:425-7 pubmed..Previously reported lesions in the spine were primary occurrences. We report a patient who developed presumed secondary symptomatic involvement of the spine five years following therapy for a primary intracranial RDD...
- Bafandeh Y, Khoshbaten M, Eftekhar Sadat A, Farhang S. Clinical predictors of colorectal polyps and carcinoma in a low prevalence region: results of a colonoscopy based study. World J Gastroenterol. 2008;14:1534-8 pubmed..Prevalence of colonic neoplasia in our community seems to be lower than that in western population. Colonic symptoms are not predictors for polyps or cancer but unexplained anemia and elder age can predict CRC. ..
- Savadi Oskouei D, Abedi A, Sadeghi Bazargani H. Independent role of hypertension in Bell's palsy: a case-control study. Eur Neurol. 2008;60:253-7 pubmed publisher..In this case-control study, our aim was to check for a possible independent role of hypertension in increasing the risk of developing Bell's palsy...
- Javadrashid R, Paak N, Salehi A. Combined subcutaneous, intrathoracic and abdominal splenosis. Arch Iran Med. 2010;13:436-9 pubmed publisher..Histopathologic examination demonstrated benign lesions of ectopic splenic tissue. ..
- Sokouti M, Golzari S, Golzari S, Aghdam B. Surgery of uncomplicated pulmonary hydatid cysts: capitonnage or uncapitonnage?. Int J Surg. 2011;9:221-4 pubmed publisher..No mortality was reported in both groups. We conclude that the capitonnage method has more advantages in surgery of uncomplicated pulmonary hydatid cysts. ..
- Matin A, Biparva P, Amanzadeh H, Farhadi K. Zinc/Aluminum layered double hydroxide-titanium dioxide composite nanosheet film as novel solid phase microextraction fiber for the gas chromatographic determination of valproic acid. Talanta. 2013;103:207-13 pubmed publisher..5, salt concentration: 5 mol L(-1)), are 70 ?g L(-1) and 0.20-100 mg L(-1) for LOD and LDR, respectively. ..
- Hashemi S, Noshad H, Yazdaninia I, Sohrabi B, Separham A. QT dispersion in the electrocardiogram in hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis patients. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl. 2014;25:524-9 pubmed..004). We conclude that the QT changes were more prominent in HD and PD patients than in controls, which could be due to electrolyte changes. Further studies to evaluate the causes of the QT changes in a larger population are needed. ..
- Rezazadeh M, Khorrami A, Yeghaneh T, Talebi M, Kiani S, Heshmati Y, et al. Genetic Factors Affecting Late-Onset Alzheimer's Disease Susceptibility. Neuromolecular Med. 2016;18:37-49 pubmed publisher..This result is an evidence of a synergistic and antagonistic effect of APOE on variant associations with LOAD. ..
- Gorbanzadeh B, Rahmani A, Mogadassian S, Behshid M, Azadi A, Taghavy S. Levels of Conscience and Related Factors among Iranian Oncology Nurses. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2015;16:8211-4 pubmed..According to study findings Iranian nurses had high levels of conscience. However, understanding all the factors that affect nurses' perception of conscience requires further studies. ..
- Kohestani H, Giuliani A. Organization principles of biological networks: An explorative study. Biosystems. 2016;141:31-9 pubmed publisher..We highlighted as well the need of developing new theoretical generative models for biological networks overcoming the limitations of present mathematical graph idealizations. ..
- Farajnia S, Darbani B, Babaei H, Alimohammadian M, Mahboudi F, Gavgani A. Development and evaluation of Leishmania infantum rK26 ELISA for serodiagnosis of visceral leishmaniasis in Iran. Parasitology. 2008;135:1035-41 pubmed publisher..7%). The results of this study indicate that the rK26 ELISA is more sensitive and specific than conventional methods and could be used for reliable diagnosis of VL caused by Leishmania infantum. ..
- Shiva S, Behbahan A. Autoimmune thyroid disease in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus in Northwest Iran. Saudi Med J. 2009;30:673-6 pubmed..The disease is more common in female, and older diabetic patients. ..
- Bafandeh Y, Farhang S. Subsite distribution of gastric cancer in an area of high prevalence--northwest Iran. J Epidemiol. 2009;19:202-5 pubmed..The aim of the present study was to determine subsites of gastric cancer in East Azerbaijan, Iran-a high incidence region for gastric cancer and Helicobacter pylori infection...
- Behdjat H, Rifkin S, Tarin E, Sheikh M. A new role for Women Health Volunteers in urban Islamic Republic of Iran. East Mediterr Health J. 2009;15:1164-73 pubmed..Further research is needed however to assess how the pilot can be scaled up and how initial enthusiasm can be sustained. ..
- Mirinezhad S, Somi M, Seyednezhad F, Jangjoo A, Ghojazadeh M, Mohammadzadeh M, et al. Survival in patients treated with definitive chemo- radiotherapy for non-metastatic esophageal cancer in north- west iran. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2013;14:1677-80 pubmed..001; OR: 0.54). The survival rates of esophageal cancer treated with DCRT in North West of Iran is poor; therefore, early detection and improved treatment methods, with clinical trials are a high priority. ..
- Safdari Y, Farajnia S, Asgharzadeh M, Khosroshahi S, Veisi K, Ahmadzadeh V, et al. Protein L: a robust enzyme-conjugated molecule for detection of humanized single chain antibodies. Monoclon Antib Immunodiagn Immunother. 2013;32:409-12 pubmed publisher..The results signify the HRP-conjugated protein L as the most efficient molecule for detecting humanized single chain antibody. ..
- Alizadeh Ghodsi M, Zavari Nematabad A, Hamishehkar H, Akbarzadeh A, Mahmoudi Badiki T, Zarghami F, et al. Design and development of PCR-free highly sensitive electrochemical assay for detection of telomerase activity using Nano-based (liposomal) signal amplification platform. Biosens Bioelectron. 2016;80:426-432 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this approach affords high sensitivity for telomerase activity detection and it can be regarded as an alternative to telomeric repeat amplification protocol assay, having the advantages of simplicity and less assay time. ..
- Etminanfar M, Khalil Allafi J, Montaseri A, Vatankhah Barenji R. Endothelialization and the bioactivity of Ca-P coatings of different Ca/P stoichiometry electrodeposited on the Nitinol superelastic alloy. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2016;62:28-35 pubmed publisher..Also nano-indentation and SEM studies revealed that the low stiffness in the calcium deficient coating can result in the failure of the coating as a result of the tensions created by the cells. ..
- Asghari F, Haghnavaz N, Baradaran B, Hemmatzadeh M, Kazemi T. Tumor suppressor microRNAs: Targeted molecules and signaling pathways in breast cancer. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;81:305-17 pubmed publisher..Finally, we will point to application of this group of miRNAs in diagnosis, prognosis and treatment of patients. ..
- Bilan N, Behbahan A, Miabi Z. Diagnosis of airway malacia by virtual bronchoscopy. Pak J Biol Sci. 2008;11:1881-3 pubmed..9% of patients, respectively. Virtual bronchoscopy is a non-invasive, accurate and rapid imaging technique with an excellent validity for diagnosis of airway malacia and stenosis, therefore it can replace conventional bronchoscopy...
- Eskandari A, Mahmoudpour A, Abolfazli N, Lafzi A. Detection of Helicobacter pylori using PCR in dental plaque of patients with and without gastritis. Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal. 2010;15:e28-31 pubmed..Although rarely seen, H.pylori infected dental plaque may be a source for reinfection. It is therefore suggested that professional plaque removal and oral hygiene procedures be performed, along with the antibiotic treatment of H.pylori. ..
- Valizadeh H, Nemati M, Hallaj Nezhadi S, Ansarin M, Zakeri Milani P. Single dose bioequivalence study of alpha-methyldopa tablet formulations using a modified HPLC method. Arzneimittelforschung. 2010;60:607-11 pubmed publisher..A rapid and reliable HPLC method with fluorescence detector was developed to analyze alpha-methyldopa in human plasma. Based on the obtained results the test formulation of alpha-methyldopa is bioequivalent to the reference formulation. ..
- Vosoughhosseini S, Lotfi M, Shahmoradi K, Saghiri M, Zand V, Mehdipour M, et al. Microleakage comparison of glass-ionomer and white mineral trioxide aggregate used as a coronal barrier in nonvital bleaching. Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal. 2011;16:e1017-21 pubmed..There was no statistically significant difference in leakage between the experimental groups (p<0.05). This study indicated that different bleaching agents have no effect on sealing ability of WMTA. ..
- Taheri R, Seyedhejazi M, Ghojazadeh M, Ghabili K, Shayeghi S. Comparison of ketamine and fentanyl for postoperative pain relief in children following adenotonsillectomy. Pak J Biol Sci. 2011;14:572-7 pubmed..5 mg kg(-1)) might provide extended time to first analgesic in children undergoing adenotonsillectomy. Interestingly, fentanyl and ketamine did not differ in post-operative vomiting. ..
- Shahi S, Rahimi S, Yavari H, Samiei M, Janani M, Bahari M, et al. Effects of various mixing techniques on push-out bond strengths of white mineral trioxide aggregate. J Endod. 2012;38:501-4 pubmed publisher..The differences between the 3 groups were not statistically significant. On the basis of the results of this study, it can be concluded that different mixing methods have no significant effect on push-out bond strength of white MTA. ..
- Bashi R, Baghdadi T, Shirazi M, Abdi R, Aslani H. Modified Ponseti method of treatment for correction of neglected clubfoot in older children and adolescents--a preliminary report. J Pediatr Orthop B. 2016;25:99-103 pubmed publisher..To the best of the authors' knowledge, such a modified method as a correction method for clubfoot in older children and adolescents has not been applied previously for neglected clubfeet in older children in the literature. ..
- Ardalan M, Tubbs R, Chinikar S, Shoja M. Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever presenting as thrombotic microangiopathy and acute renal failure. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2006;21:2304-7 pubmed
- Davaran S, Rashidi M, Hanaee J, Hamidi A, Hashemi M. Synthesis and hydrolytic behavior of ibuprofen prodrugs and their PEGylated derivatives. Drug Deliv. 2006;13:383-7 pubmed..The difference between acidic and alkali buffered solutions was considerable. In human plasma, 50% of drug was released after 150 hr incubation at 37 degrees C from HET-PEG. ..
- Ghaffari S, Sohrabi B, Siahdasht R, Pourafkari L. Prevalence and predictors of renal artery stenosis in hypertensive patients undergoing coronary angiography. Hypertens Res. 2009;32:1009-14 pubmed publisher..The presence of multi-vessel CAD or a history of CABG along with a higher serum creatinine level in hypertensive patients undergoing coronary angiography was found to be a risk factor for RAS. ..
- Rouhani A, Elmi A, Akbari Aghdam H, Panahi F, Dokht Ghafari Y. The role of fibular fixation in the treatment of tibia diaphysis distal third fractures. Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 2012;98:868-72 pubmed publisher..There is an ongoing debate about the necessity of fibular fixation when associated to distal third tibial fracture. This study aims at evaluating the role of fibular fixation in the treatment of distal third tibial fractures...
- Zununi Vahed S, Poursadegh Zonouzi A, Mahmoodpoor F, Samadi N, Ardalan M, Omidi Y. Circulating miR-150, miR-192, miR-200b, and miR-423-3p as Non-invasive Biomarkers of Chronic Allograft Dysfunction. Arch Med Res. 2017;48:96-104 pubmed publisher..Therefore, they are proposed to be considered as potential diagnostic biomarkers for monitoring of renal graft function. ..
- Rahmani A, Hassankhani H, Mills J, Dadashzadeh A. Exposure of Iranian emergency medical technicians to workplace violence: a cross-sectional analysis. Emerg Med Australas. 2012;24:105-10 pubmed publisher..The present study highlights the recommendation for formal training programmes and clearer protocols about how to manage workplace violence, especially verbal abuse in the Iranian prehospital setting. ..
- Johari Ahar M, Barar J, Alizadeh A, Davaran S, Omidi Y, Rashidi M. Methotrexate-conjugated quantum dots: synthesis, characterisation and cytotoxicity in drug resistant cancer cells. J Drug Target. 2016;24:120-33 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings, the MTX-QD nanoconjugates are proposed for the targeted therapy of MTX-resistant cancers, which may provide an improved outcome in the relapsed FR-overexpressing cancers. ..
- Bafandeh Y, Esmaili H, Aharizad S. Endoscopic and histologic findings in Iranian patients with heartburn. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2005;24:236-8 pubmed..We looked for endoscopic and histologic evidence of Barrett's esophagus in Iranian patients with heartburn...
- Hajebrahimi S, Azaripour A, Sadeghi Bazargani H. Tolterodine immediate release improves sexual function in women with overactive bladder. J Sex Med. 2008;5:2880-5 pubmed publisher..01) with each follow-up. Tolterodine IR significantly improves sexual function of women with OAB. Improvement is seen in all domains of sexual function. ..
- Ardalan M, Sadreddini S, Noshad H, Ebrahimi A, Molaeefard M, Somi M, et al. Renal involvement in Behcet's disease. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl. 2009;20:618-22 pubmed..In conclusion, renal involvement in BD is not infrequent, although in most cases it is mild in nature and may be missed. ..
- Hosseinpour Sakha S, Gharehbaghi M. Exchange transfusion in severe hyperbilirubinemia: an experience in northwest Iran. Turk J Pediatr. 2010;52:367-71 pubmed..All of the adverse events resolved completely before discharge. ABO isoimmunization was the most common cause of ECT in this study. The majority of adverse events associated with ECT are asymptomatic and reversible. ..
- Ardalan M, Ghaffari A, Ghabili K, Shoja M. Lepromatous leprosy in a kidney transplant recipient: a case report. Exp Clin Transplant. 2011;9:203-6 pubmed..Clinicians should consider leprosy in the differential diagnosis of skin lesions in immunocompromised hosts, and in particular, solid organ transplant recipients in endemic areas. ..
- Hosseini M, Khamnian Z, Dastgiri S, Samadi Raad B, Ravanshad Y. Folic acid and birth defects: a case study (Iran). J Pregnancy. 2011;2011:370458 pubmed publisher..Along with the advice for the consumption of folic acid for pregnant women, they should be offered prenatal screening or diagnostic tests to identify fetal abnormalities for possible termination of pregnancy. ..
- Fardiazar Z, Niknami F, Mashayekhi S, Ghojazadeh M. Hyoscine-N-butylbromide versus atropine as labour accelerant and analgesic: a randomized clinical trial. Pak J Biol Sci. 2013;16:443-5 pubmed..001). Hyoscine appeared to be preferable to atropine specially in reducing the length of first stage of pregnancy. ..
- Gholami K, Talasaz A, Entezari Maleki T, Salarifar M, Hadjibabaie M, Javadi M, et al. The Effect of High-Dose Vitamin D3 on Soluble P-Selectin and hs-CRP Level in Patients With Venous Thromboembolism: A Randomized Clinical Trial. Clin Appl Thromb Hemost. 2016;22:483-9 pubmed publisher..011). However, the magnitude of these reductions was not statistically significant. This study could not support the potential benefit of the high-dose vitamin D on plasma level of P-selectin and hs-CRP in patients with VTE. ..
- Alipour B, Rashidkhani B, Edalati S. Dietary flavonoid intake, total antioxidant capacity and lipid oxidative damage: A cross-sectional study of Iranian women. Nutrition. 2016;32:566-72 pubmed publisher..05). The findings of the present study support the attribution of anthocyanins to overall antioxidant status. However, further research is needed to confirm these observed associations. ..
- Anbarlou A, AkhavanRahnama M, Atashi A, Soleimani M, Arefian E, Gallinella G. Possible involvement of miRNAs in tropism of Parvovirus B19. Mol Biol Rep. 2016;43:175-81 pubmed publisher..Our study revealed that miRNAs may be involved in inhibition of VP expression in non-permissive cells, although further studies are required to demonstrate which miRNAs exactly are involved in regulation of PVB19 replication. ..
- Akbarzadeh M, Nouri M, Banekohal M, Cheraghi O, Tajalli H, Movassaghpour A, et al. Effects of combination of melatonin and laser irradiation on ovarian cancer cells and endothelial lineage viability. Lasers Med Sci. 2016;31:1565-1572 pubmed..05). Our results introduce melatonin as a potent stimulus for enhancing the efficacy of laser on induction of apoptosis in tumor cells. ..
- Jeddi F, Soozangar N, Sadeghi M, Somi M, Samadi N. Contradictory roles of Nrf2/Keap1 signaling pathway in cancer prevention/promotion and chemoresistance. DNA Repair (Amst). 2017;54:13-21 pubmed publisher..Here, we review the importance of Nrf2-keap1 pathway in the prevention or promotion of cancer, and resistance mechanisms to chemotherapeutic agents. ..
- Pilehvar Soltanahmadi Y, Nouri M, Martino M, Fattahi A, Alizadeh E, Darabi M, et al. Cytoprotection, proliferation and epidermal differentiation of adipose tissue-derived stem cells on emu oil based electrospun nanofibrous mat. Exp Cell Res. 2017;357:192-201 pubmed publisher..This preliminary study shows that EO-PCL/PEG nanofibers could be a good candidate for the fabrication of wound dressings and skin bioengineered substitutes with ADSCs. ..
- Hazhir S. Asymptomatic bacteriuria in pregnant women. Urol J. 2007;4:24-7 pubmed..The aim of this study was to evaluate the frequency of bacteriuria in pregnant women referred to the medical centers of Tabriz, Iran, for prenatal care...
- Hosseinpour Feizi M, Hosseinpour Feizi A, Pouladi N, Haghi M, Azarfam P. Molecular spectrum of beta-thalassemia mutations in Northwestern Iran. Hemoglobin. 2008;32:255-61 pubmed publisher..5%, FSC 8 (-AA) 8% and IVS-I-1 (GA) 7.5%. This is the first comprehensive study in this region and could be useful for developing a beta-thal molecular screening in Azerbaijan-Iran. ..
- Barar J, Javadzadeh A, Omidi Y. Ocular novel drug delivery: impacts of membranes and barriers. Expert Opin Drug Deliv. 2008;5:567-81 pubmed
- Shabestari M, Rezaei N. Asthma and allergic rhinitis in a patient with BTK deficiency. J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol. 2008;18:300-4 pubmed..Primary antibody deficiency should be considered in the differential diagnosis of pediatric allergy and asthma when respiratory infection persists despite appropriate treatment. ..
- Tarzamni M, Nezami N, Gatreh Samani F, Vahedinia S, Tarzamni M. Doppler waveform indices of fetal middle cerebral artery in normal 20 to 40 weeks pregnancies. Arch Iran Med. 2009;12:29-34 pubmed..Doppler waveform indices of fetal middle cerebral artery are useful means for determining fetal well-being. Herewith, the normal ranges of Doppler waveform indices for an Iranian population are presented. ..
- Aminabadi N, Farahani R. The efficacy of a modified omega wire extension for the treatment of severely damaged primary anterior teeth. J Clin Pediatr Dent. 2009;33:283-8 pubmed..It may be concluded that the modified omega loop is an efficient technique for the restoration of the severely damaged anterior teeth. The ease of manipulation and short chair-side time are further advantages of the technique. ..
- Eftekharsadat B, Kazem Shakouri S, Shimia M, Rahbar M, Ghojazadeh M, Reza Rashidi M, et al. Effect of E. laciniata (L) ointment on mild and moderate carpal tunnel syndrome: a double-blind, randomized clinical trial. Phytother Res. 2011;25:290-5 pubmed publisher..laciniata can be effective in treatment of mild and moderate CTS in combination with the wrist night splint, especially in alleviating the severity of the syndrome and increasing the palmer prehension power. ..
- Sorkhabi R, Ghorbanihaghjo A, Javadzadeh A, Motlagh B, Ahari S. Aqueous humor hepcidin prohormone levels in patients with primary open angle glaucoma. Mol Vis. 2010;16:1832-6 pubmed
- Matlabi H, Parker S, McKee K. The contribution of home-based technology to older people's quality of life in extra care housing. BMC Geriatr. 2011;11:68 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study also indicate that the home is an essential site for developing residential technologies. ..
- Tarzamni M, Kefayati M, Maleki M, Fouladi D. Placental laterality and uterine blood flow at 20-40 weeks' gestation in low-risk pregnancies. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2016;36:24-30 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, lateral placentation may affect uterine artery blood flow throughout gestation and some Doppler indices near term. Clinical significance of these findings needs to be elucidated. ..
- Ahdi Khosroshahi S, Farajnia S, Ghiamirad M, Tanomand A, Veisi K, Rahbarnia L, et al. Development and evaluation of a single domain antibody against human epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR). Protein Expr Purif. 2016;120:59-64 pubmed publisher..This recombinant fragment antibody would potentially be used for targeting of cancer cells with high EGFR expression. ..
- Dolatkhah N, Hajifaraji M, Abbasalizadeh F, Aghamohammadzadeh N, Mehrabi Y, Abbasi M. Is there a value for probiotic supplements in gestational diabetes mellitus? A randomized clinical trial. J Health Popul Nutr. 2015;33:25 pubmed publisher..The probiotic supplement appeared to affect glucose metabolism and weight gain among pregnant women with GDM. This needs to be confirmed in other settings before a therapeutic value could be approved. ..
- Afsharan H, Navaeipour F, Khalilzadeh B, Tajalli H, Mollabashi M, Ahar M, et al. Highly sensitive electrochemiluminescence detection of p53 protein using functionalized Ru-silica nanoporous@gold nanocomposite. Biosens Bioelectron. 2016;80:146-153 pubmed publisher..The proposed immunosensor reported herein offers a considerable potential in early detection of cancer and clinical diagnosis and provides a new platform for biomarker detection. ..
- Hasanzadeh M, Shadjou N. Electrochemical and photoelectrochemical nano-immunesensing using origami paper based method. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2016;61:979-1001 pubmed publisher..The first part devotes to the development and applications of nanomaterials in electrochemical immunesensing. The second part provides an overview of recent origami paper based photoelectrochemical immunosensors. ..
- Name N, Mohamadian R, Rahmani A, Fizollah Zadeh H, Jabarzadeh F, Azadi A, et al. Nurse Attitude-Related Barriers to Effective Control of Cancer Pain among Iranian Nurses. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2016;17:2141-4 pubmed..Iranian nurses have negative attitudes toward pain control in cancer patients especially about effectiveness of pain medication and their side effects. Educational intervention to reduce these misconceptions is needed. ..
- Ostadrahimi A, Payahoo L, Somi M, Khajebishak Y. The Association Between Urinary Cadmium Levels and Dietary Habits with Risk of Gastrointestinal Cancer in Tabriz, Northwest of Iran. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2017;175:72-78 pubmed publisher..70, 95 % CI?=?1.35-2.20). Cases were 70 % more than controls at risk of cancer incidence. Our data indicates an association between U-Cd levels and GI cancer risk. ..
- Bonyadi M, Foruzandeh Z, Mohammadian T, Fotouhi N, Soheilian M, Jabbarpoor Bonyadi M, et al. Evaluation of CC-cytokine ligand 2 and complementary factor H Y402H polymorphisms and their interactional association with age-related macular degeneration. Acta Ophthalmol. 2016;94:e779-e785 pubmed publisher..AG genotype of CCL2-2518 in combination with TT genotype of CFH Y402H showed significant protective effect against AMD. ..