Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on middle aged in Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Locale: Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Topic: middle aged
Publications154 found, 100 shown here
- Banerjee N, Paul S, Sau T, Das J, Bandyopadhyay A, Banerjee S, et al. Epigenetic modifications of DAPK and p16 genes contribute to arsenic-induced skin lesions and nondermatological health effects. Toxicol Sci. 2013;135:300-8 pubmed publisher..This study for the first time makes an attempt to correlate epigenetic modifications of the tumor suppressor genes with dermatological and nondermatological health outcomes in a population chronically exposed to arsenic. ..
- Kumar D, Banerjee S, Naik J, Gupta K, Roy R, Kumar A. A novel use of EP catheter in extraction of trapped intracardiac devices: Two case reports. Indian Heart J. 2015;67 Suppl 3:S92-6 pubmed publisher..We could avert major cardiovascular surgeries in both the patients by simply modifying the traditionally used techniques for extraction of intracardiac devices. ..
- Mukhopadhyay A, Acharya M, Mukherjee S, Ray J, Choudhury S, Khan M, et al. Mutations in MYOC gene of Indian primary open angle glaucoma patients. Mol Vis. 2002;8:442-8 pubmed..A comparison of our data with other studies revealed that these two polymorphisms are in complete linkage disequilibrium among Asians, but not among other ethnic groups studied so far. ..
- Majumder M, Sikdar N, Paul R, Roy B. Increased risk of oral leukoplakia and cancer among mixed tobacco users carrying XRCC1 variant haplotypes and cancer among smokers carrying two risk genotypes: one on each of two loci, GSTM3 and XRCC1 (Codon 280). Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2005;14:2106-12 pubmed..Therefore, the presence of variant haplotypes on XRCC1 and two risk genotypes, one on each of two loci, GSTM3 and XRCC1, could be useful to determine the leukoplakias that might progress to cancer in a group of patients...
- Mukhopadhyay A, Komatireddy S, Acharya M, Bhattacharjee A, Mandal A, Thakur S, et al. Evaluation of Optineurin as a candidate gene in Indian patients with primary open angle glaucoma. Mol Vis. 2005;11:792-7 pubmed..Despite a putative mutation (Arg545Gln) in some patients, the present study does not suggest a significant involvement of OPTN in POAG patients of Indian origin. ..
- Sarkar K, Bal B, Mukherjee R, Chakraborty S, Niyogi S, Saha M, et al. Epidemic of HIV coupled with hepatitis C virus among injecting drug users of Himalayan West Bengal, Eastern India, Bordering Nepal, Bhutan, and Bangladesh. Subst Use Misuse. 2006;41:341-52 pubmed..The study revealed the epidemic of HIV and hepatitis C among IDU populations at this bordering district of West Bengal for the first time that requires urgent intervention at local, national, and international levels. ..
- Chakrabarti P, Nandi S, Todi S. Nocardia brain abscess in a diabetic patient. Indian J Pathol Microbiol. 2008;51:151-3 pubmed..A high index of suspicion and early intervention like stereotactic brain biopsy remain the cornerstone to increase the chance of positive clinical outcome...
- Senapati S, Banerjee S, Gangopadhyay D. Evening primrose oil is effective in atopic dermatitis: a randomized placebo-controlled trial. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2008;74:447-52 pubmed..Evening primrose oil is a safe and effective medicine in management of AD. However, since not all researchers across the world have found the same good result, further large trials on Indian patients are needed. ..
- Batabyal S, Majhi R, Basu P. Clinical utility of the interaction between lectin and serum prostate specific antigen in prostate cancer. Neoplasma. 2009;56:68-71 pubmed..0 ng/ml by conventional immunoassay method and this may be taken as a guideline in differentiating PC and BPH. Key words: prostate cancer, BPH, PSA, lectin. ..
- Varghese M, Pandey M, Samanta A, Gangopadhyay P, Mohanakumar K. Reduced NADH coenzyme Q dehydrogenase activity in platelets of Parkinson's disease, but not Parkinson plus patients, from an Indian population. J Neurol Sci. 2009;279:39-42 pubmed publisher..This is the first report indicating a decline in mitochondrial function in the platelets of PD patients from the Indian population, offering further support to the role of a mitochondrial defect in PD. ..
- Das S, Banerjee T, Roy T, Raut D, Chaudhuri A, Hazra A. Prevalence of essential tremor in the city of Kolkata, India: a house-to-house survey. Eur J Neurol. 2009;16:801-7 pubmed publisher..This study has documented that the prevalence of ET above 40 years in India is similar to that of many countries globally and common amongst slum dwellers and there are fewer familial cases. ..
- Mukhopadhyay S, Talukdar A, Pradip Kumar Mitra -, Ghosh S, Maji D. An observational study of the pattern of HIV infection in a specified rural area of India with special reference to migratory laborers. J Int Assoc Physicians AIDS Care (Chic). 2010;9:74-7 pubmed publisher..Goldsmiths migrated from Daspur to big cities are the bridge populations who are responsible for higher prevalence of HIV in their families and locality. Interventional strategies targeted at this high-risk group are suggested. ..
- Mazumder Indra D, Mitra S, Singh R, Dutta S, Roy A, Mondal R, et al. Inactivation of CHEK1 and EI24 is associated with the development of invasive cervical carcinoma: clinical and prognostic implications. Int J Cancer. 2011;129:1859-71 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data suggest that inactivation of EI24 and CHEK1 through two independent mechanisms contributes to the development of CACX. ..
- Goenka M, Majumder S, Sethy P, Chakraborty M. Helicobacter pylori negative, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug-negative peptic ulcers in India. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2011;30:33-7 pubmed publisher..The current study indicates existence of high proportion of non-NSAID, non-H. pylori peptic ulcer disease in Indian patients. ..
- Modak T, Arora P, Agnes C, Ray R, Goswami S, Ghosh P, et al. Diagnosis of bacterial vaginosis in cases of abnormal vaginal discharge: comparison of clinical and microbiological criteria. J Infect Dev Ctries. 2011;5:353-60 pubmed..This study was undertaken to compare the diagnostic ability of the Amsel criteria with that of Nugent's score among patients presenting with abnormal vaginal discharge...
- Chakraborty K, Bose A, Goswami K, Mukherjee K, Goswami S, Ghosh D, et al. Dysregulated CC receptor/ligand in monocytes/macrophages from tongue squamous cell carcinoma patients is partially rectified by interferon ?-2b. Hum Immunol. 2012;73:38-47 pubmed publisher..Translating dual benefits on monocyte/macrophage functions, IFN?2b may emerge as a potential form of immunotherapy for TSCC patients that may be combined with standard chemotherapy for better clinical outcome. ..
- Bharati S, Pal A, Biswas C, Biswas R. Incidence of cardiac arrest increases with the indiscriminate use of dexmedetomidine: a case series and review of published case reports. Acta Anaesthesiol Taiwan. 2011;49:165-7 pubmed publisher..We urge clinicians to take caution against the negative effects of dexmedetomidine, especially when it is used in patients older than 50 years with underlying cardiac disease and in combination with cardiodepressant drugs. ..
- Basu P, Mittal S, Bhaumik S, Mandal S, Samaddar A, Ray C, et al. Prevalence of high-risk human papillomavirus and cervical intraepithelial neoplasias in a previously unscreened population--a pooled analysis from three studies. Int J Cancer. 2013;132:1693-9 pubmed publisher..2%. The prevalence of high-risk HPV was relatively low in the population we studied, which is reflected in the low prevalence of high-grade CIN. The prevalence of CIN3 remained constant across age groups due to absence of screening. ..
- Hamdani N, Qadri S, Aggarwalla R, Bhartia V, Chaudhuri S, Debakshi S, et al. Clinicopathological study of gall bladder carcinoma with special reference to gallstones: our 8-year experience from eastern India. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2012;13:5613-7 pubmed..The study indicates that GBC is common in our scenario. It is a disease of elderly females, has a strong association with gallstones and every cholecystectomy specimen should be examined histopathologically...
- Bhattacharya S, Ghosh M. Changes in serum calcium and vitamin Dâ‚ƒ levels after tibolone treatment and their correlations with health-related quality of life. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2015;128:174-6 pubmed publisher..001). Tibolone significantly increases the serum vitamin D3 level and improves HRQOL in menopausal women. Clinical Trial Registry India: CTRI/2012/06/002752. ..
- Taraphdar D, Sarkar A, Mukhopadhyay B, Chatterjee S. A comparative study of clinical features between monotypic and dual infection cases with Chikungunya virus and dengue virus in West Bengal, India. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2012;86:720-3 pubmed publisher..Severe arthralgia and swelling of joints were common only in CHIKV-positive cases and abdominal pain was mainly associated with DENV infection. Diarrhea was reported only by the dual-infected patients (16.2%). ..
- Rahman M, Sengupta M, Ahamed S, Chowdhury U, Lodh D, Hossain M, et al. Status of groundwater arsenic contamination and human suffering in a Gram Panchayet (cluster of villages) in Murshidabad, one of the nine arsenic affected districts in West Bengal, India. J Water Health. 2005;3:283-96 pubmed..Proper watershed management and economical utilization of available surface water resources along with the villagers' participation is urgently required to combat the present arsenic crisis. ..
- Sarkar K, Bal B, Mukherjee R, Saha M, Chakraborty S, Niyogi S, et al. Young age is a risk factor for HIV among female sex workers--an experience from India. J Infect. 2006;53:255-9 pubmed
- Biswas A, Sadhukhan T, Majumder S, Misra A, Das S, Variation Consortium I, et al. Evaluation of PINK1 variants in Indian Parkinson's disease patients. Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2010;16:167-71 pubmed publisher..Most of the SNP markers were observed to be highly heterozygous among Indians, which could be used for segregation analysis of PINK1 alleles in familial PD cases. ..
- Dey A, Bhuniya S, Datta Chaudhuri A, Pandit S, Saha Dutta Chowdhury M, Sengupta A, et al. Iodopovidone pleurodesis: experience of a tertiary hospital in Kolkata. Singapore Med J. 2010;51:163-5 pubmed..It may be considered as the agent of choice to achieve pleurodesis, especially in resource constrained countries like India, as it is inexpensive and easily available. ..
- Gopi Chand M, Srinath J, Rao R, Lakkakula B, Kumar S, Rao V. Association between the M268T polymorphism in the angiotensinogen gene and essential hypertension in a South Indian population. Biochem Genet. 2011;49:474-82 pubmed publisher..These data further support the hypothesis that hypertension is influenced by the AGT M268T polymorphism. ..
- Bhattacharya M, Naik T, Ghosh M, Jana S, Dutta P. Pulmonary tuberculosis among HIV seropositives attending a counseling center in Kolkata. Indian J Public Health. 2011;55:329-31 pubmed publisher..007) with HIV/TB co-infection as compared to HIV infection only. However, no significant correlation with CD4:CD8 ratio in HIV/TB co-infection was observed. ..
- Ghosh S, Mondal R, Banerjee P, Nandi M, Sarkar S, Das K, et al. Tracking the naturally occurring mutations across the full-length genome of hepatitis B virus of genotype D in different phases of chronic e-antigen-negative infection. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2012;18:E412-8 pubmed publisher..Our results thus highlight a distinct pattern of mutation in HBV/D that may help in predicting clinical outcomes of HBeAg-negative infection and have implications for better clinical management of the patients. ..
- Fuchs C, Tomasek J, Yong C, Dumitru F, Passalacqua R, Goswami C, et al. Ramucirumab monotherapy for previously treated advanced gastric or gastro-oesophageal junction adenocarcinoma (REGARD): an international, randomised, multicentre, placebo-controlled, phase 3 trial. Lancet. 2014;383:31-39 pubmed publisher..We aimed to assess whether ramucirumab, a monoclonal antibody VEGFR-2 antagonist, prolonged survival in patients with advanced gastric cancer...
- Das T, Raha K, Bandyopadhyay A, Dasgupta A, Ghosh D, Mondal A. Malignant mixed mullerian tumour of the fallopian tube of heterologous variety--a case report. Indian J Pathol Microbiol. 2005;48:354-6 pubmed..A diagnosis of malignant mixed mullerian tumour of the fallopian tube, clinically FIGO stage III was made, which is extremely rare in available literature. ..
- Sengupta S, Chakrabarti S, Roy A, Panda C, Roychoudhury S. Inactivation of human mutL homolog 1 and mutS homolog 2 genes in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma tumors and leukoplakia samples by promoter hypermethylation and its relation with microsatellite instability phenotype. Cancer. 2007;109:703-12 pubmed
- Bandyopadhyay A, Laha R, Das T, Sen S, Mangal S, Mitra P. CT guided fine needle aspiration cytology of thoracic mass lesions: a prospective study of immediate cytological evaluation. Indian J Pathol Microbiol. 2007;50:51-5 pubmed..71% and specificity 100%. Though our priority was cytological assessment, the cytological diagnosis was corroborated with clinico-radiological parameters and transbronchial biopsies whenever applicable. ..
- Ghosh P, Banerjee M, De Chaudhuri S, Das J, Sarma N, Basu A, et al. Increased chromosome aberration frequencies in the Bowen's patients compared to non-cancerous skin lesions individuals exposed to arsenic. Mutat Res. 2007;632:104-10 pubmed..01). These results suggest that chromosomal aberrations can be used for cancer risk assessment of the population exposed to arsenic through drinking water...
- Basu M, Maji A, Chakraborty A, Banerjee R, Mullick S, Saha P, et al. Genetic association of Toll-like-receptor 4 and tumor necrosis factor-alpha polymorphisms with Plasmodium falciparum blood infection levels. Infect Genet Evol. 2010;10:686-96 pubmed publisher..Our results support a genetic role of TLR4 and TNF-alpha in controlling the blood infection level in mild malaria. ..
- Pal S, Sanyal D. Jaw muscle weakness: a differential indicator of neuromuscular weakness--preliminary observations. Muscle Nerve. 2011;43:807-11 pubmed publisher..Few patients from any of these disease groups lack the cardinal clinical features. We established clinical marker(s) that might have significant discriminating power for diagnosis...
- Ghosh S, Banerjee P, Deny P, Mondal R, Nandi M, Roychoudhury A, et al. New HBV subgenotype D9, a novel D/C recombinant, identified in patients with chronic HBeAg-negative infection in Eastern India. J Viral Hepat. 2013;20:209-18 pubmed publisher..Further investigations are needed to determine the overall prevalence and clinical significance of these newly characterized D9 strains and to assess the impact of inter-genotypic recombination on viral properties. ..
- Kaurani L, Vishal M, Kumar D, Sharma A, Mehani B, Sharma C, et al. Gene-rich large deletions are overrepresented in POAG patients of Indian and Caucasian origins. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014;55:3258-64 pubmed publisher..We identified CNTN4 as a novel candidate gene for POAG. ..
- Banerjee N, Banerjee M, Ganguly S, Bandyopadhyay S, Das J, Bandyopadhay A, et al. Arsenic-induced mitochondrial instability leading to programmed cell death in the exposed individuals. Toxicology. 2008;246:101-11 pubmed publisher..All these observations indicate that mitochondria-mediated pathway may be responsible for arsenic-induced apoptosis...
- Ganguly S, Basu B, Shome S, Jadhav T, Roy S, Majumdar J, et al. Dopamine, by acting through its D2 receptor, inhibits insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I)-induced gastric cancer cell proliferation via up-regulation of Krüppel-like factor 4 through down-regulation of IGF-IR and AKT phosphorylation. Am J Pathol. 2010;177:2701-7 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that DA is an important regulator of IGF-IR function in malignant gastric cancer cells. ..
- Banerjee A, Kurbanov F, Datta S, Chandra P, Tanaka Y, Mizokami M, et al. Phylogenetic relatedness and genetic diversity of hepatitis B virus isolates in Eastern India. J Med Virol. 2006;78:1164-74 pubmed publisher..In conclusion; using the complete genome analyses this study has confirmed circulation of the genotype C in Eastern part of India and demonstrated considerable genotypic heterogeneity of the Indian genotype D...
- Banerjee P, Maity S, Das T, Mazumder S. A double-blind randomized placebo-controlled clinical study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of a polyherbal formulation in geriatric age group: a phase IV clinical report. J Ethnopharmacol. 2011;134:429-33 pubmed publisher..This formulation is safe and compliance to the treatment was good. In ancient Ayurveda the constituents of polyherbal formulation were prescribed for different diseases including cardiological, neurological, sepsis, etc. ..
- Chunder R, Mukherjee K, Guha R. An unusual ulnar artery: its embryological basis and clinical significance. J Indian Med Assoc. 2011;109:934-5, 937 pubmed..The embryological basis and clinical significance of such course and origin has been explained...
- Mukherjee A, Singla R, Saha I. Comparing outcomes in new pulmonary sputum positive and sputum negative cases under RNTCP in rural India. Indian J Tuberc. 2009;56:144-50 pubmed..The possible reasons need to be explored and corrective actions need to be taken accordingly. ..
- Mondal S, Bera H, Biswas P, Mallick M. High-grade plasmablastic neoplasm of humerus in an HIV-negative patient, which was indeterminate between plasmablastic lymphoma and plasmablastic myeloma. J Cancer Res Ther. 2011;7:214-6 pubmed publisher..PBL can be confused with PBPCM. A final diagnosis should be rendered only after thorough histopathological and immunohistochemical examination...
- ..Electroconvulsive therapy has not been found to cause epilepsy. Patient's underlying organic condition may influence development of seizures. ..
- Das K, Ghoshal U, Dhali G, Benjamin J, Ahuja V, Makharia G. Crohn's disease in India: a multicenter study from a country where tuberculosis is endemic. Dig Dis Sci. 2009;54:1099-107 pubmed publisher..We concluded that the phenotype of Crohn's disease in India is very similar to that described in other regions of Asia and the West, except for a delay in diagnosis and a more complicated disease at diagnosis. ..
- Biswas S, Sarkar S, Chakraborty J, Chakrabarti S. Occult micrometastasis to bone marrow in early lung cancer: a clinicopathologic study from West Bengal, India. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2010;11:747-51 pubmed
- Dastidar R, Gajra B, De M. Molecular and hematological characterization of hemoglobin H disease in the Bengali population of Kolkata, India. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2011;15:93-6 pubmed publisher..The need to screen for ?-thalassemia at the molecular level in patients with unexplained anemia and its implication in the future generation of our society have been discussed in this article. ..
- Chakraborty U, Goswami A, Saha S, Mukherjee T, Dey S, Majumdar S, et al. Tumour necrosis factor-alpha and nitric oxide response in different categories of tuberculosis patients. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2013;17:505-10 pubmed publisher..Distinct TNF-? and NO levels appear to be associated with different clinical forms of TB and might help to assess prognosis and contribute to a better understanding of underlying immunopathological mechanisms. ..
- Chattopadhyay S, Pal I. Iatrogenic injuries leading to suspicion of homicide. J Forensic Leg Med. 2008;15:447-9 pubmed publisher..The suspicion was further strengthened by the lack of proper documentation and inappropriate/improper use of terminology of medicolegal significance...
- Das S, Biswas A, Roy J, Bose P, Roy T, Banerjee T, et al. Prevalence of major neurological disorders among geriatric population in the metropolitan city of Kolkata. J Assoc Physicians India. 2008;56:175-81 pubmed..Overall the crude prevalence of neurological disorders was 60.9 per 1000. The present study shows higher rate of stroke as compared to other neurological disorders among elderly population in India, which needs urgent attention. ..
- Mukherjee S, Bandyopadhyay G, Dutta C, Bhattacharya A, Karmakar R, Barui G. Evaluation of endoscopic biopsy in gastric lesions with a special reference to the significance of mast cell density. Indian J Pathol Microbiol. 2009;52:20-4 pubmed..Poorly-differentiated adenocarcinoma apparently lacks mast cell mediated anti-tumor response in some unexplained way. ..
- Patra N, Goswami J, Basu S, Chatterjee K, Sarkar S. Outcomes of high dose rate interstitial boost brachytherapy after external beam radiation therapy in head and neck cancer--an Indian (single institutional) learning experience. Brachytherapy. 2009;8:248-254 pubmed publisher..Oropharyngeal and oral cavity tumors can be effectively treated with (192)Ir implant boost after EBRT. Local control is excellent and complication rates are acceptable. ..
- Ghosh A, Basu S, Datta H, Chattopadhyay D. Evaluation of polymerase chain reaction-based ribosomal DNA sequencing technique for the diagnosis of mycotic keratitis. Am J Ophthalmol. 2007;144:396-403 pubmed..We found that clinically significant pathogenic fungal strains can be detected and differentiated by this method in a short period. This method therefore is useful for the early treatment of fungal infection. ..
- Saha D, Pal A, Sarkar N, Das D, Blackard J, Guha S, et al. Occult hepatitis B virus infection in HIV positive patients at a tertiary healthcare unit in eastern India. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179035 pubmed publisher..This study highlights several distinct features of OBI in India and underscores the need for additional HBV DNA screening in HIV-positive individuals. ..
- Sasmal P, Tantia O, Patle N, Khanna S. Omental torsion and infarction: a diagnostic dilemma and its laparoscopic management. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A. 2010;20:225-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, inspection of the omentum should be a routine part of exploration in suspected acute appendicitis...
- Mondal S, Bhattacharya P, Rahaman M, Ali N, Goswami R. A curative immune profile one week after treatment of Indian kala-azar patients predicts success with a short-course liposomal amphotericin B therapy. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2010;4:e764 pubmed publisher..TRIAL REGISTRATION NAME AND NUMBER: Clinical Trials Registry--India (CTRI) CTRI/2009/091/000764. ..
- Chattopadhyay B, Ghosh S, Gangopadhyay P, Das S, Roy T, Sinha K, et al. Modulation of age at onset in Huntington's disease and spinocerebellar ataxia type 2 patients originated from eastern India. Neurosci Lett. 2003;345:93-6 pubmed..Similar analysis with SCA2 patients indicated that RAI1 might explain about 13% of the variability in the age at onset. Specific alleles in GluR6 and CA150 locus were only observed in HD patients. ..
- Ghosh S, Bandyopadhyay D, Jamadar N. Nevus lipomatosus cutaneous superficialis: An unusual presentation. Dermatol Online J. 2010;16:12 pubmed..In addition, our patient also had some rare features of NLCS, such as onset in the latter part of life, presence of foul-smelling discharge, and comedo-like plugs on the lesions...
- Panigrahi R, Majumder S, Gooptu M, Biswas A, Datta S, Chandra P, et al. Occult HBV infection among anti-HBc positive HIV-infected patients in apex referral centre, Eastern India. Ann Hepatol. 2012;11:870-5 pubmed
- Saha D, Pal A, Biswas A, Panigrahi R, Sarkar N, Sarkar J, et al. Characterization of treatment-naive HIV/HBV co-infected patients attending ART clinic of a tertiary healthcare centre in eastern India. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73613 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, HBeAg negative patients are also associated with high HBV DNA levels and therefore require appropriate medical attention. Pre-treatment screening for anti-HBV drug resistant mutations is not necessary before ART initiation. ..
- Banerjee N, Banerjee S, Sen R, Bandyopadhyay A, Sarma N, Majumder P, et al. Chronic arsenic exposure impairs macrophage functions in the exposed individuals. J Clin Immunol. 2009;29:582-94 pubmed publisher..These altogether could contribute significantly to arsenic-induced immunosuppression observed in the arsenic-exposed individuals. ..
- Basu P, Ngan H, Hseon T. HPV vaccination in women over 25 years of age: Asian Cervical Cancer Prevention Advisory Board recommendations. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2009;35:712-6 pubmed publisher..The ACCPAB advocates the adoption of preventive measures against HPV infection, including vaccination, with a view to protecting women of all ages from developing cervical cancer. ..
- Guha Mazumder D. Arsenic and non-malignant lung disease. J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng. 2007;42:1859-67 pubmed..Results of studies carried out on people showing features of Arsenicosis due to drinking arsenic contaminated water provide evidence that arsenic is a potent respiratory toxicant, even following ingestion. ..
- Alam J, Maiti S, Ghosh P, De R, Chowdhury A, Das S, et al. Significant association of the dupA gene of Helicobacter pylori with duodenal ulcer development in a South-east Indian population. J Med Microbiol. 2012;61:1295-302 pubmed publisher..60-11.74). Based on these findings, dupA can be considered a biomarker for DU patients in India. The reported discrepancies for this putative virulence marker in different populations may be due to the genome plasticity of H. pylori. ..
- Kaul U, Sethi A, Arambam P, Omar A, Keshava R, Roy S, et al. Safety of Prasugrel in Indian patients - multicentric registry of 1000 cases. Indian Heart J. 2014;66:598-601 pubmed publisher..7% & non-access site bleeding in 1.2% of the subjects. Prasugrel was found to be effective & not associated with a high incidence of bleeding in the high risk ACS patients when those at a high bleeding risk were excluded. ..
- Ghosh B, Biswal D, Bera M, Pal D. Laparoscopic Extravesical Lich-Gregoir Ureteroneocystostomy with Psoas Hitch for the Management of Ureterovaginal Fistula in Post-Hysterectomy Patients. Urol Int. 2016;96:171-6 pubmed publisher..Most commonly ureterovaginal fistula occurs due to surgical injury inflicted to the distal ureter and because of gynaecological procedures. Open surgical repair is a standard procedure and commonly involves ureteroneocystostomy...
- Chatterjee P, Mukhopadhyay P, Pandit K, Roychowdhury B, Sarkar D, Mukherjee S, et al. Profile of hypopituitarism in a tertiary care hospital of eastern India--is quality of life different in patients with growth hormone deficiency?. J Indian Med Assoc. 2008;106:384-5, 388 pubmed..Though growth hormone deficiency is associated with poor quality of life there were no significant differences with patients with hypopituitarism without any growth hormone deficiency. ..
- Shah N, Reddy M, Vohra S, Chaudhuri U, Mohanasundaram S. Safety and effectiveness of divalproex sodium extended release containing regimen in Indian patients with bipolar I disorder in continuation phase: Results of EASED registry. Asian J Psychiatr. 2016;20:32-8 pubmed publisher..Our study confirms the results of earlier studies in terms of good tolerability and effectiveness of divalproex sodium XR containing regimen in this study population. ..
- Mukherjee S, Rahman M, Chowdhury U, Sengupta M, Lodh D, Chanda C, et al. Neuropathy in arsenic toxicity from groundwater arsenic contamination in West Bengal, India. J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng. 2003;38:165-83 pubmed..Outcome in neuropathic patients of arsenicosis and long term toxic neurologic effects yet unexplored and unknown remain as matters of future concern requiring close monitoring. ..
- Chakraborty T, Das U, Poddar S, Sengupta B, De M. Micronuclei and chromosomal aberrations as biomarkers: a study in an arsenic exposed population in West Bengal, India. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol. 2006;76:970-6 pubmed
- Sinha S, Singh R, Bhattacharya N, Mukherjee N, Ghosh S, Alam N, et al. Frequent alterations of LOH11CR2A, PIG8 and CHEK1 genes at chromosomal 11q24.1-24.2 region in breast carcinoma: clinical and prognostic implications. Mol Oncol. 2011;5:454-64 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study suggests that LOH11CR2A, PIG8 and CHEK1 are candidate tumor suppressor genes associated with breast carcinoma and have significant clinical as well as prognostic importance. ..
- Chakraborty N, Bhattacharyya S, De C, Mukherjee A, Bhattacharya D, Santra S, et al. Incidence of multiple Herpesvirus infection in HIV seropositive patients, a big concern for Eastern Indian scenario. Virol J. 2010;7:147 pubmed publisher..5%, and 26% respectively. This study has contributed baseline data and provided insights in viral OI and HIV co-infection in Eastern India. This would undoubtedly serve as a basis for further studies on this topic. ..
- Rahman M, Sengupta M, Ahamed S, Chowdhury U, Hossain M, Das B, et al. The magnitude of arsenic contamination in groundwater and its health effects to the inhabitants of the Jalangi--one of the 85 arsenic affected blocks in West Bengal, India. Sci Total Environ. 2005;338:189-200 pubmed..Cases of Bowen's disease and cancer have been identified among adults who also show arsenical skin lesions and children in this block are also seriously affected. Obstetric examinations were also carried out in this block. ..
- Ghosh P, Banerjee M, De Chaudhuri S, Chowdhury R, Das J, Mukherjee A, et al. Comparison of health effects between individuals with and without skin lesions in the population exposed to arsenic through drinking water in West Bengal, India. J Expo Sci Environ Epidemiol. 2007;17:215-23 pubmed
- Chakraborty S, Mookherjee S, Sen A, Ray K. Analysis of COCH and TNFA variants in East Indian primary open-angle glaucoma patients. Biomed Res Int. 2013;2013:937870 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study suggests lack of association of both COCH and TNFA with POAG pathogenesis. ..
- Chunder N, Mandal S, Roy A, Roychoudhury S, Panda C. Differential association of BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes with some breast cancer-associated genes in early and late onset breast tumors. Ann Surg Oncol. 2004;11:1045-55 pubmed
- Paine S, Basu A, Mondal L, Sen A, Choudhuri S, Chowdhury I, et al. Association of vascular endothelial growth factor, transforming growth factor beta, and interferon gamma gene polymorphisms with proliferative diabetic retinopathy in patients with type 2 diabetes. Mol Vis. 2012;18:2749-57 pubmed
- Mishra A, Datta S, Malik A, Garg A, Nair D, Nair S, et al. Role of microscopic spread beyond gross disease as an adverse prognostic factor in oral squamous cell carcinoma. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2017;43:1503-1508 pubmed publisher..5 months in patients without MSGD (p < 0.002). Tumours with MSGD tend to have a higher incidence of nodal metastasis, PNI and thicker tumours. Presence of MSGD was associated with lower overall survival as compared to those without. ..
- Sikdar N, Paul R, Panda C, Banerjee S, Roy B. Loss of heterozygosity at APC and MCC genes of oral cancer and leukoplakia tissues from Indian tobacco chewers. J Oral Pathol Med. 2003;32:450-4 pubmed..LOH at MCC gene was not detected either in tumor or in leukoplakia DNAs. This infrequent LOH at APC gene of pre-cancer and cancer tissues suggests that it may not be an early event in oral carcinogenesis in these patients. ..
- Bhattacharjee A, Banerjee D, Mookherjee S, Acharya M, Banerjee A, Ray A, et al. Leu432Val polymorphism in CYP1B1 as a susceptible factor towards predisposition to primary open-angle glaucoma. Mol Vis. 2008;14:841-50 pubmed..Remarkable variation of the cSNPs observed among ethnic groups of India could provide insight for future epidemiological studies on POAG in these population groups. ..
- Chakraborty K, Bose A, Pal S, Chattopadhyay U, Baral R. Interferon-alpha2b restores the impaired chemotactic activity of peripheral blood mononuclear cells from head and neck squamous cell carcinoma patients by modulating CXC receptor ligand interaction. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2008;28:487-99 pubmed publisher..Neutralization of IFN-gamma downregulates the IFN-alpha2b mediated CXCL10 release, suggesting the active role of IFN-gamma in the transduction of chemotactic signal for the migration of cytotoxic T/NK cells at the tumor site. ..
- Bhattacharyya D, Sur T, Jana U, Debnath P. Controlled programmed trial of Ocimum sanctum leaf on generalized anxiety disorders. Nepal Med Coll J. 2008;10:176-9 pubmed..001) improved the willingness to adjustment and attention in human. Therefore, it may be concluded that O. sanctum may be useful in the treatment of GAD in human and may be a promising anxiolytic agent in near future. ..