Experts and Doctors on inflammation in Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Locale: Kolkata, West Bengal, India
- Sen A, Paine S, Chowdhury I, Mukherjee A, Choudhuri S, Saha A, et al. Impact of interleukin-6 promoter polymorphism and serum interleukin-6 level on the acute inflammation and neovascularization stages of patients with Eales' disease. Mol Vis. 2011;17:2552-63 pubmed
- Mukhuty A, Fouzder C, Mukherjee S, Malick C, Mukhopadhyay S, Bhattacharya S, et al. Palmitate induced Fetuin-A secretion from pancreatic ?-cells adversely affects its function and elicits inflammation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:1118-1124 pubmed publisher..FetA thus creates an inflammatory environment in the pancreatic islets that can become a possible cause behind pancreatic ?-cell dysfunction in chronic hyperlipidemic condition. ..
- Kesh S, Sikder K, Manna K, Das D, Khan A, Das N, et al. Promising role of ferulic acid, atorvastatin and their combination in ameliorating high fat diet-induced stress in mice. Life Sci. 2013;92:938-49 pubmed publisher..This study illustrates that AS and F have relatively similar hypolipidemic, antioxidative, anti-inflammatory actions and the AS+F combination along with HFD has shown outstanding effects as compared to other treated groups. ..
- Bhowmick S, Chatterjee D, Chaudhuri K. Human epithelial cells stimulated with Vibrio cholerae produce thymic stromal lymphopoietin and promote dendritic cell-mediated inflammatory Th2 response. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2012;44:1779-90 pubmed publisher..This study suggests TSLP and other mediators released from ECs in response to V. cholerae colonization actively influence DCs in initiating inflammatory response...
- Mukherjee D, Khatua T, Venkatesh P, Saha B, Mukherjee P. Immunomodulatory potential of rhizome and seed extracts of Nelumbo nucifera Gaertn. J Ethnopharmacol. 2010;128:490-4 pubmed publisher..Nelumbo nucifera Gaertn. (Nymphaeaceae) is a well-known aquatic plant which has been used for the treatment of several disorders including skin disease, cough, inflammation, fever and many other disorders...
- Dewanjee S, Mandal V, Sahu R, Dua T, Manna A, Mandal S. Anti-inflammatory activity of a polyphenolic enriched extract of Schima wallichii bark. Nat Prod Res. 2011;25:696-703 pubmed publisher..o. exhibited significant dose-dependent anti-inflammatory responses, with 44.32 and 38.65% inhibition of inflammation in carrageenan-induced paw oedema and cotton pallet granuloma, respectively...
- Mandal R, Banerjee A, Biswas M, Mondal A, Kundu P, Sasmal N. Clinicobacteriological study of chronic dacryocystitis in adults. J Indian Med Assoc. 2008;106:296-8 pubmed..Aminoglycosides, tobramycin in particular, was effective against Staphylococcus epidermidis. Fluoroquinolones, namely ciprofloxacin and ofloxacin were effective against Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Klebsiella pneumoniae...
- Sen M, Ghosh G. Transcriptional outcome of Wnt-Frizzled signal transduction in inflammation: evolving concepts. J Immunol. 2008;181:4441-5 pubmed..We will discuss how Wnt-Frizzled signaling may initiate/augment inflammation, focusing on its transcriptional outcome. ..
- Muhuri D, Dasgupta S, Gomes A. Lethal, oedema, haemorrhagic activity of spotted butterfish (Scatophagus argus, Linn) sting extract and its neutralization by antiserum and pharmacological antagonists. Indian J Exp Biol. 2005;43:493-7 pubmed..The results conclude that the local effects of S.argus venom is likely to be mediated through release of mediators and may be encountered by pharmacological antagonists better than the antiserum. ..
- Gupta M, Mazumder U, Kumar R, Gomathi P, Rajeshwar Y, Kakoti B, et al. Anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic effects of methanol extract from Bauhinia racemosa stem bark in animal models. J Ethnopharmacol. 2005;98:267-73 pubmed..Treatment with MEBR showed a significant (P<0.01) dose-dependent reduction in pyrexia in rats. The results suggest that MEBR possess potent anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic activity...