Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on female in Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Locale: Kolkata, West Bengal, India
- Gogate P, Biswas P, Natarajan S, Ramamurthy D, Bhattacharya D, Golnik K, et al. Residency evaluation and adherence design study: Young ophthalmologists' perception of their residency programs - Clinical and surgical skills. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2017;65:452-460 pubmed publisher..However, the range of grading was 0-10 in all categories. Residency training in India varies considerably from program to program. Standardization is needed to assure all graduates are competent and render consistent quality of service. ..
- Sanyal S, Law A, Law S. Chronic pesticide exposure and consequential keratectasia & corneal neovascularisation. Exp Eye Res. 2017;164:1-7 pubmed publisher..Apart from ocular toxicity, chronic exposure to pesticides significantly increases the risks of keratectasia and corneal neovascularisation; disorders which lead to diminished vision and if untreated, blindness. ..
- Banerjee A, Shukla S, Pandey A, Goswami S, Bandyopadhyay B, Ramachandran V, et al. RNA-Seq analysis of peripheral blood mononuclear cells reveals unique transcriptional signatures associated with disease progression in dengue patients. Transl Res. 2017;186:62-78.e9 pubmed publisher..Careful monitoring of some of these gene transcripts, and control of the activity of proteins encoded by them, may have a great translational significance for the prognosis and management of the dengue patients. ..
- Mukherjee P, Vishnubhatla S, Amarapurkar D, Das K, Sood A, Chawla Y, et al. Etiology and mode of presentation of chronic liver diseases in India: A multi centric study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0187033 pubmed publisher..11·7% had diabetes. Observations of our study will help guide a contextually relevant liver care policy for India and could serve as a framework for similar endeavor in other developing countries as well...
- Bourelle S, Dey N, Sifaki Pistolla D, Berge B, Gautheron V, Cottalorda J, et al. Computerized static posturography and laterality in children. Influence of age. Acta Bioeng Biomech. 2017;19:129-139 pubmed..Age seemed to be a determinant for these outcomes. Maturation of the vestibular at the ages of 6 or 7 years might explain the observed differences between the youngest children and olderchildren. ..
- Singh R, De Sarkar N, Sarkar S, Roy R, Chattopadhyay E, Ray A, et al. Analysis of the whole transcriptome from gingivo-buccal squamous cell carcinoma reveals deregulated immune landscape and suggests targets for immunotherapy. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183606 pubmed publisher..Present findings reiterate the idea of using transcriptome profiling to guide precision therapeutic strategies. ..
- Caleb J, Pravalikha G, Johnson B, Manyu M, Mungkung S, Mathai M. <i>Hersilia</i> <i>aadi</i> Pravalikha, Srinivasulu & Srinivasulu, 2014 a junior synonym of <i>Hersilia savignyi</i> Lucas, 1836 (Araneae: Hersiliidae). Zootaxa. 2017;4254:396-400 pubmed publisher..Both sexes of H. savignyi are illustrated. H. aadi Pravalikha, Srinivasulu & Srinivasulu, 2014 is synonymized with H. savignyi Lucas, 1836. ..
- Roy R, Saurabh K, Bansal A, Kumar A, Majumdar A, Paul S. Inflammatory choroidal neovascularization in Indian eyes: Etiology, clinical features, and outcomes to anti-vascular endothelial growth factor. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2017;65:295-300 pubmed publisher..Interpretations and Conclusion: Idiopathic choroiditis was the most common cause of inflammatory CNV and PRN intravitreal anti-VEGF (ranibizumab or bevacizumab) appears to have effective treatment response. ..
- Chowdhury S, Kumar A, Godinho J, De Macedo Silva S, Zuma A, Saha S, et al. Voacamine alters Leishmania ultrastructure and kills parasite by poisoning unusual bi-subunit topoisomerase IB. Biochem Pharmacol. 2017;138:19-30 pubmed publisher..The findings cumulatively provide a strong evidence that voacamine can be a promising drug candidate against trypanosomatid infections. ..
- Sen S, Mandal P, Bhattacharya A, Kundu S, Roy Chowdhury R, Mondal N, et al. Impact of viral and host DNA methylations on HPV16-related cervical cancer pathogenesis. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317699799 pubmed publisher..Thus, HPV16 and host methylations appear to influence CaCx pathogenesis, with differential molecular signatures among CaCx cases with episomal and integrated HPV16. ..
- Mitra T, Roy S. Co-Activation of TGFβ and Wnt Signalling Pathways Abrogates EMT in Ovarian Cancer Cells. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;41:1336-1345 pubmed publisher..Therefore, tumourigenesis might be affected by the concentration of ligand/ growth factors for the respective signalling pathways activated in the tumour microenvironment and interaction between them might alter tumourigenesis. ..
- Sarkar M, Ghosh S, Bhuniya A, Ghosh T, Guha I, Barik S, et al. Neem leaf glycoprotein prevents post-surgical sarcoma recurrence in Swiss mice by differentially regulating cytotoxic T and myeloid-derived suppressor cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175540 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, suppressive effects of MDSCs on CD8+ T cells are minimized and optimum immune surveillance in tumor hosts is maintained to eliminate the residual tumor mass appearing during recurrence. ..
- Bhattacharya R, Banerjee K, Mukherjee N, Sen M, Mukhopadhyay A. From molecular insight to therapeutic strategy: The holistic approach for treating triple negative breast cancer. Pathol Res Pract. 2017;213:177-182 pubmed publisher..343; p value: 0.018) and not with microtubule stabilizer (OR: 0.377) were observed. Thus, for best ORR in TNBC, personalized medicine should be the therapeutic choice for the clinicians. ..
- Das A, Kumar D, Das N. Diffuse non-epidermolytic palmoplantar keratoderma. Indian Pediatr. 2013;50:979 pubmed