Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on aged in Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Locale: Kolkata, West Bengal, India
- Ghosh S, Banerjee P, Deny P, Mondal R, Nandi M, Roychoudhury A, et al. New HBV subgenotype D9, a novel D/C recombinant, identified in patients with chronic HBeAg-negative infection in Eastern India. J Viral Hepat. 2013;20:209-18 pubmed publisher..Further investigations are needed to determine the overall prevalence and clinical significance of these newly characterized D9 strains and to assess the impact of inter-genotypic recombination on viral properties. ..
- Ghoshal A, Sarkar S, Saha K, Sarkar U, Kundu S, Chatterjee S, et al. Hydatid lung disease: an analysis of five years cumulative data from Kolkata. J Assoc Physicians India. 2012;60:12-6 pubmed..Surgery is a safe and effective way of treatment for thoracic hydatid cyst along with perioperative albendazole therapy. There is a scope for chemotherapy with albendazole in inoperable cases. ..
- Mondal P, Datta S, Maiti G, Baral A, Jha G, Panda C, et al. Comprehensive SNP scan of DNA repair and DNA damage response genes reveal multiple susceptibility loci conferring risk to tobacco associated leukoplakia and oral cancer. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56952 pubmed publisher..The study reveals a synergism between associated SNPs and lifestyle factors in predisposition to OSCC and leukoplakia. ..
- Talukdar D, Ray S, Ray M, Das S. A brief critical overview of the biological effects of methylglyoxal and further evaluation of a methylglyoxal-based anticancer formulation in treating cancer patients. Drug Metabol Drug Interact. 2008;23:175-210 pubmed..The authors urge the scientific community to test the formulation and if found effective then to improve it further. ..
- Kundu S, Bala A, Ghosh P, Mukhopadhyay D, Mitra A, Sarkar A, et al. Attenuation of oxidative stress by allylpyrocatechol in synovial cellular infiltrate of patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Free Radic Res. 2011;45:518-26 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this ex vivo study has established that allylpyrocatechol has potent scavenging activity and could be considered as an add-on therapy in the treatment of inflammation-associated disorders like Rheumatoid Arthritis. ..
- Santra G, Das B. A cross-sectional study of the clinical profile and aetiological spectrum of pancytopenia in a tertiary care centre. Singapore Med J. 2010;51:806-12 pubmed..As a large number of pancytopenic patients have a reversible aetiology, early and proper diagnosis may be life-saving. ..
- Mondal S, Bhattacharya P, Rahaman M, Ali N, Goswami R. A curative immune profile one week after treatment of Indian kala-azar patients predicts success with a short-course liposomal amphotericin B therapy. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2010;4:e764 pubmed publisher..TRIAL REGISTRATION NAME AND NUMBER: Clinical Trials Registry--India (CTRI) CTRI/2009/091/000764. ..
- Mookherjee S, Chakraborty S, Vishal M, Banerjee D, Sen A, Ray K. WDR36 variants in East Indian primary open-angle glaucoma patients. Mol Vis. 2011;17:2618-27 pubmed..Our study suggests a possible association between WDR36 SNP in a cohort of eastern Indian POAG patients who also have high intraocular pressure (IOP). This study needs to be further validated in a larger patient cohort. ..
- Paine S, Basu A, Mondal L, Sen A, Choudhuri S, Chowdhury I, et al. Association of vascular endothelial growth factor, transforming growth factor beta, and interferon gamma gene polymorphisms with proliferative diabetic retinopathy in patients with type 2 diabetes. Mol Vis. 2012;18:2749-57 pubmed
- Mitra D, Manna A, Sikdar S, Sur P. Clinicopathological study and its prognostic implication in male breast carcinoma. J Indian Med Assoc. 2007;105:681-3, 686 pubmed..In absence of prospective randomised trial retrospective review data from various centres could provide useful guidelines regarding therapy...
- Naiya T, Biswas A, Neogi R, Datta S, Misra A, Das S, et al. Clinical characterization and evaluation of DYT1 gene in Indian primary dystonia patients. Acta Neurol Scand. 2006;114:210-5 pubmed..05). However, the commonly reported 3 bp deletion (904-906delGAG) was not detected. Our results suggest that the DYT1 gene might have a limited role in causation of dystonia in the Indian population. ..
- Hamdani N, Qadri S, Aggarwalla R, Bhartia V, Chaudhuri S, Debakshi S, et al. Clinicopathological study of gall bladder carcinoma with special reference to gallstones: our 8-year experience from eastern India. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2012;13:5613-7 pubmed..The study indicates that GBC is common in our scenario. It is a disease of elderly females, has a strong association with gallstones and every cholecystectomy specimen should be examined histopathologically...
- Chunder N, Mandal S, Roy A, Roychoudhury S, Panda C. Differential association of BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes with some breast cancer-associated genes in early and late onset breast tumors. Ann Surg Oncol. 2004;11:1045-55 pubmed
- Valecha N, Savargaonkar D, Srivastava B, Rao B, Tripathi S, Gogtay N, et al. Comparison of the safety and efficacy of fixed-dose combination of arterolane maleate and piperaquine phosphate with chloroquine in acute, uncomplicated Plasmodium vivax malaria: a phase III, multicentric, open-label study. Malar J. 2016;15:42 pubmed publisher..Both the groups showed similar safety profile. Trial Registration Clinical Trial Registry India: CTRI/2011/11/002129. ..
- Mishra A, Datta S, Malik A, Garg A, Nair D, Nair S, et al. Role of microscopic spread beyond gross disease as an adverse prognostic factor in oral squamous cell carcinoma. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2017;43:1503-1508 pubmed publisher..5 months in patients without MSGD (p < 0.002). Tumours with MSGD tend to have a higher incidence of nodal metastasis, PNI and thicker tumours. Presence of MSGD was associated with lower overall survival as compared to those without. ..
- Bharati S, Pal A, Biswas C, Biswas R. Incidence of cardiac arrest increases with the indiscriminate use of dexmedetomidine: a case series and review of published case reports. Acta Anaesthesiol Taiwan. 2011;49:165-7 pubmed publisher..We urge clinicians to take caution against the negative effects of dexmedetomidine, especially when it is used in patients older than 50 years with underlying cardiac disease and in combination with cardiodepressant drugs. ..
- Biswas A, Panigrahi R, Banerjee A, Pal M, De B, Chakrabarti S, et al. Differential pattern of pre-S mutations/deletions and its association with hepatitis B virus genotypes in Eastern India. Infect Genet Evol. 2012;12:384-91 pubmed publisher..05). The study underscores the association of types of pre-S mutations with particular HBV genotype and clinical outcome in the study population...
- Mukhopadhyay A, Acharya M, Mukherjee S, Ray J, Choudhury S, Khan M, et al. Mutations in MYOC gene of Indian primary open angle glaucoma patients. Mol Vis. 2002;8:442-8 pubmed..A comparison of our data with other studies revealed that these two polymorphisms are in complete linkage disequilibrium among Asians, but not among other ethnic groups studied so far. ..
- Modak T, Arora P, Agnes C, Ray R, Goswami S, Ghosh P, et al. Diagnosis of bacterial vaginosis in cases of abnormal vaginal discharge: comparison of clinical and microbiological criteria. J Infect Dev Ctries. 2011;5:353-60 pubmed..This study was undertaken to compare the diagnostic ability of the Amsel criteria with that of Nugent's score among patients presenting with abnormal vaginal discharge...
- Pal S, Sanyal D. Jaw muscle weakness: a differential indicator of neuromuscular weakness--preliminary observations. Muscle Nerve. 2011;43:807-11 pubmed publisher..Few patients from any of these disease groups lack the cardinal clinical features. We established clinical marker(s) that might have significant discriminating power for diagnosis...
- Banerjee N, Nandy S, Kearns J, Bandyopadhyay A, Das J, Majumder P, et al. Polymorphisms in the TNF-? and IL10 gene promoters and risk of arsenic-induced skin lesions and other nondermatological health effects. Toxicol Sci. 2011;121:132-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, the polymorphisms studied impart significant risk toward development of arsenic-induced dermatological and nondermatological health effects in the chronically exposed population of West Bengal, India. ..
- Chakraborti D, Rahman M, Ahamed S, Dutta R, Pati S, Mukherjee S. Arsenic groundwater contamination and its health effects in Patna district (capital of Bihar) in the middle Ganga plain, India. Chemosphere. 2016;152:520-9 pubmed publisher..To combat As situation in affected areas, villagers urgently need (a) provision of As-safe water for drinking and cooking, (b) awareness about the danger of As toxicity, and (c) nutritious food. ..
- Saha B, Rajadhyaksha G, Ray S. Beneficial effects of nandrolone decanoate in wasting associated with HIV. J Indian Med Assoc. 2009;107:295-9 pubmed..Nandrolone therapy may prove to be effective and safe in reversing wasting associated with Indian HIV patients on antiretroviral therapy (ART) and nutritional replacement...
- Dasgupta S, Mitra D, Bhattacharya A, Sur P. B cell lymphoma with unusual clinical cutaneous presentation. J Cancer Res Ther. 2006;2:203-5 pubmed..The patient was managed by a combination chemotherapy and local radiotherapy only. He is disease-free for about the last five years. The case has been presented because of its rarity and its management protocol. ..
- Sikdar N, Paul R, Panda C, Banerjee S, Roy B. Loss of heterozygosity at APC and MCC genes of oral cancer and leukoplakia tissues from Indian tobacco chewers. J Oral Pathol Med. 2003;32:450-4 pubmed..LOH at MCC gene was not detected either in tumor or in leukoplakia DNAs. This infrequent LOH at APC gene of pre-cancer and cancer tissues suggests that it may not be an early event in oral carcinogenesis in these patients. ..
- Sikdar N, Mahmud S, Paul R, Roy B. Polymorphism in CYP1A1 and CYP2E1 genes and susceptibility to leukoplakia in Indian tobacco users. Cancer Lett. 2003;195:33-42 pubmed..But the low sample size limited the power to precisely estimate the tobacco-genotype interactions. ..
- Bhattacharya N, Roy A, Roy B, Roychoudhury S, Panda C. MYC gene amplification reveals clinical association with head and neck squamous cell carcinoma in Indian patients. J Oral Pathol Med. 2009;38:759-63 pubmed publisher..009). Kaplan Meier analysis revealed MYC gene has no prognostic significance on survival in HNSCC. In conclusion, our results suggest that MYC gene amplification is associated with tumor progression in HNSCC. ..
- Jaiswal S, Zaman S, Nedunchezhian M, Chakrabarti A, Bhakuni P, Ahmed M, et al. CD56-enriched donor cell infusion after post-transplantation cyclophosphamide for haploidentical transplantation of advanced myeloid malignancies is associated with prompt reconstitution of mature natural killer cells and regulatory T cells with redu. Cytotherapy. 2017;19:531-542 pubmed publisher
- Majumder M, Sikdar N, Paul R, Roy B. Increased risk of oral leukoplakia and cancer among mixed tobacco users carrying XRCC1 variant haplotypes and cancer among smokers carrying two risk genotypes: one on each of two loci, GSTM3 and XRCC1 (Codon 280). Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2005;14:2106-12 pubmed..Therefore, the presence of variant haplotypes on XRCC1 and two risk genotypes, one on each of two loci, GSTM3 and XRCC1, could be useful to determine the leukoplakias that might progress to cancer in a group of patients...
- Chakraborty K, Bose A, Goswami K, Mukherjee K, Goswami S, Ghosh D, et al. Dysregulated CC receptor/ligand in monocytes/macrophages from tongue squamous cell carcinoma patients is partially rectified by interferon ?-2b. Hum Immunol. 2012;73:38-47 pubmed publisher..Translating dual benefits on monocyte/macrophage functions, IFN?2b may emerge as a potential form of immunotherapy for TSCC patients that may be combined with standard chemotherapy for better clinical outcome. ..
- Bhattacharjee A, Banerjee D, Mookherjee S, Acharya M, Banerjee A, Ray A, et al. Leu432Val polymorphism in CYP1B1 as a susceptible factor towards predisposition to primary open-angle glaucoma. Mol Vis. 2008;14:841-50 pubmed..Remarkable variation of the cSNPs observed among ethnic groups of India could provide insight for future epidemiological studies on POAG in these population groups. ..
- Sinha S, Singh R, Bhattacharya N, Mukherjee N, Ghosh S, Alam N, et al. Frequent alterations of LOH11CR2A, PIG8 and CHEK1 genes at chromosomal 11q24.1-24.2 region in breast carcinoma: clinical and prognostic implications. Mol Oncol. 2011;5:454-64 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study suggests that LOH11CR2A, PIG8 and CHEK1 are candidate tumor suppressor genes associated with breast carcinoma and have significant clinical as well as prognostic importance. ..
- Kaurani L, Vishal M, Kumar D, Sharma A, Mehani B, Sharma C, et al. Gene-rich large deletions are overrepresented in POAG patients of Indian and Caucasian origins. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014;55:3258-64 pubmed publisher..We identified CNTN4 as a novel candidate gene for POAG. ..
- Saha D, Pal A, Sarkar N, Das D, Blackard J, Guha S, et al. Occult hepatitis B virus infection in HIV positive patients at a tertiary healthcare unit in eastern India. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179035 pubmed publisher..This study highlights several distinct features of OBI in India and underscores the need for additional HBV DNA screening in HIV-positive individuals. ..
- Chattopadhyay B, Ghosh S, Gangopadhyay P, Das S, Roy T, Sinha K, et al. Modulation of age at onset in Huntington's disease and spinocerebellar ataxia type 2 patients originated from eastern India. Neurosci Lett. 2003;345:93-6 pubmed..Similar analysis with SCA2 patients indicated that RAI1 might explain about 13% of the variability in the age at onset. Specific alleles in GluR6 and CA150 locus were only observed in HD patients. ..
- Basak S, Bhaumik A, Mohanta A, Singhal P. Ocular toxicity by latex of Calotropis procera (Sodom apple). Indian J Ophthalmol. 2009;57:232-4 pubmed publisher..001). The latex of Calotropis procera causes significant ocular morbidity which may be preventable by simple health education. The long-term effect on corneal endothelium has to be studied further...
- Biswas S, Sarkar S, Chakraborty J, Chakrabarti S. Occult micrometastasis to bone marrow in early lung cancer: a clinicopathologic study from West Bengal, India. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2010;11:747-51 pubmed
- Sinha P, Santr G, De D, Sah A, Biswas K, Bhattachary P, et al. Carotid intima-media thickness in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients with cardiac autonomic neuropathy. J Assoc Physicians India. 2012;60:14-8 pubmed..Accelerated atherosclerosis is also common in T2DM. Carotid intima media thickness (CIMT) is a surrogate marker of atherosclerosis. We conducted a study to assess the CIMT in T2DM patients with CAN...
- Bhattacharya P, Sengupta S. Lack of evidence that proline homozygosity at codon 72 of p53 and rare arginine allele at codon 31 of p21, jointly mediate cervical cancer susceptibility among Indian women. Gynecol Oncol. 2005;99:176-82 pubmed..03). p53 and p21 act in series in mediating cell cycle arrest. However, the two risk factors, p53 proline homozygosity and p21 arginine allele, although part of a common causal pathway, appear to act in a mutually exclusive manner. ..
- Ghosh I, Dey S, Das A, Bhattacharjee D, Gangopadhyay S. Cell block cytology in pleural effusion. J Indian Med Assoc. 2012;110:390-2, 396 pubmed..So cell block preparation have more effective role in definitive diagnosis. It can be useful for better diagnosis in cases of poorly differentiated malignant neoplasms by immunocytochemistry...
- Biswas A, Sadhukhan T, Majumder S, Misra A, Das S, Variation Consortium I, et al. Evaluation of PINK1 variants in Indian Parkinson's disease patients. Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2010;16:167-71 pubmed publisher..Most of the SNP markers were observed to be highly heterozygous among Indians, which could be used for segregation analysis of PINK1 alleles in familial PD cases. ..
- Acharya M, Mookherjee S, Bhattacharjee A, Bandyopadhyay A, Daulat Thakur S, Bhaduri G, et al. Primary role of CYP1B1 in Indian juvenile-onset POAG patients. Mol Vis. 2006;12:399-404 pubmed
- Dhar S, Ray S, Dutta A, Sengupta B, Chakrabarti S. Polymorphism of ACE gene as the genetic predisposition of coronary artery disease in Eastern India. Indian Heart J. 2012;64:576-81 pubmed publisher..Tobacco intake in various forms elevates the risk of the disease among the cases with risk genotypes. ID and DD genotypes of ACE gene came out to be predisposing factors for the CAD cases in our study population. ..
- Mittal S, Goswami C, Kanoria N, Bhattacharya A. Post-irradiation angiosarcoma of bone. J Cancer Res Ther. 2007;3:96-9 pubmed..He received four cycles of combination chemotherapy with doxorubicin and ifosfamide and currently is free of recurrence after six months follow-up. ..
- Chatterjee S, Ghosh K, Raychoudhuri A, Chowdhury G, Bhattacharya M, Mukhopadhyay A, et al. Incidence, virulence factors, and clonality among clinical strains of non-O1, non-O139 Vibrio cholerae isolates from hospitalized diarrheal patients in Kolkata, India. J Clin Microbiol. 2009;47:1087-95 pubmed publisher..Partial nucleotide sequence analysis of the TTSS-containing strains revealed silent nucleotide mutations within vcsN2 (type III secretion cytoplasmic ATPase), indicating functional conservation of the TTSS apparatus...
- Batabyal S, Majhi R, Basu P. Clinical utility of the interaction between lectin and serum prostate specific antigen in prostate cancer. Neoplasma. 2009;56:68-71 pubmed..0 ng/ml by conventional immunoassay method and this may be taken as a guideline in differentiating PC and BPH. Key words: prostate cancer, BPH, PSA, lectin. ..
- Karmakar B, Ermakov S, Yakovenko K, Kobyliansky E. Genetic determination of head-size-related anthropometric traits in an ethnically homogeneous sample of 373 Indian pedigrees of West Bengal. Hum Biol. 2007;79:501-14 pubmed..8% of the two traits' total residual variance was attributable to the effect of these common genetic factors. ..
- Ghosh A, Basu S, Datta H, Chattopadhyay D. Evaluation of polymerase chain reaction-based ribosomal DNA sequencing technique for the diagnosis of mycotic keratitis. Am J Ophthalmol. 2007;144:396-403 pubmed..We found that clinically significant pathogenic fungal strains can be detected and differentiated by this method in a short period. This method therefore is useful for the early treatment of fungal infection. ..
- Ghosh A, Ghosh S, Maiti G, Sabbir M, Zabarovsky E, Roy A, et al. Frequent alterations of the candidate genes hMLH1, ITGA9 and RBSP3 in early dysplastic lesions of head and neck: clinical and prognostic significance. Cancer Sci. 2010;101:1511-20 pubmed publisher..Thus our data suggests that dysregulation of hMLH1, ITGA9, and RBSP3 associated multiple cellular pathways are needed for the development of early dysplastic lesions of the head and neck. ..
- Saurabh K, Roy R, Sharma P, Chandrasekharan D, Deshmukh K, Vyas C. Age-related Changes in the Foveal Bulge in Healthy Eyes. Middle East Afr J Ophthalmol. 2017;24:48-50 pubmed publisher..15). Foveal bulge was more commonly seen in younger individuals and its height decreased with age. Age matching across groups should be undertaken in studies using foveal bulge as prognostic tool. ..
- Maiti P, Ray A, Bandyopadhyay S. Epidemiological aspects of mycetoma from a retrospective study of 264 cases in West Bengal. Trop Med Int Health. 2002;7:788-92 pubmed..brasiliensis, N. caviae and N. asteroides as 3 years; for Actinomadura spp. 7 years and for M. grisea 9 years. The minimum IP for all organisms was around 3 months. ..
- Roy S, Goswami S, Bose A, Chakraborty K, Pal S, Haldar A, et al. Neem leaf glycoprotein partially rectifies suppressed dendritic cell functions and associated T cell efficacy in patients with stage IIIB cervical cancer. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2011;18:571-9 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the DC maturating efficacy of NLGP might be much more effective in the earlier stages of CaCx, where the extent of immune dysregulation is less and, thus, the scope of further investigation may be explored...
- Dey S, Stalin S, Gupta A, Saha D, Kesh K, Swarnakar S. Matrix metalloproteinase3 gene promoter polymorphisms and their haplotypes are associated with gastric cancer risk in eastern Indian population. Mol Carcinog. 2012;51 Suppl 1:E42-53 pubmed publisher..The analyses suggested that the MMP3-707 G/G and MMP3-1612 5A/6A polymorphisms are potential independent predictors of gastric cancer risk development. ..
- Bhattacharya P, Sengupta S. Predisposition to HPV16/18-related cervical cancer because of proline homozygosity at codon 72 of p53 among Indian women is influenced by HLA-B*07 and homozygosity of HLA-DQB1*03. Tissue Antigens. 2007;70:283-93 pubmed..214). Thus, modulation of p53Pro72Pro-mediated susceptibility to CaCx by immunogenetic factors could possibly be mediated through cross talk between HPV16/18-induced immune evasion and cell transformation. ..
- Majumder M, Sikdar N, Ghosh S, Roy B. Polymorphisms at XPD and XRCC1 DNA repair loci and increased risk of oral leukoplakia and cancer among NAT2 slow acetylators. Int J Cancer. 2007;120:2148-56 pubmed..4, respectively) among slow acetylators. Although none of the 3 loci could modulate the risk of the diseases independently but 2 loci in combination, working in 2 different biochemical pathways, could do so in these patient populations...
- Maiti G, Mondal P, Mukherjee N, Ghosh A, Ghosh S, Dey S, et al. Overexpression of EGFR in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma is associated with inactivation of SH3GL2 and CDC25A genes. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63440 pubmed publisher..Also, low SH3GL2 and high EGFR expression was a predictor of poor patient survival. Thus, our data suggests that overexpression of EGFR due to its reduced degradation and dephosphorylation is needed for development of HNSCC. ..
- Chattopadhyay B, Baksi K, Mukhopadhyay S, Bhattacharyya N. Modulation of age at onset of Huntington disease patients by variations in TP53 and human caspase activated DNase (hCAD) genes. Neurosci Lett. 2005;374:81-6 pubmed..This data demonstrated that variations in TP53 and hCAD genes modulate the AO of HD. ..
- Paine S, Sen A, Choudhuri S, Mondal L, Chowdhury I, Basu A, et al. Association of tumor necrosis factor ?, interleukin 6, and interleukin 10 promoter polymorphism with proliferative diabetic retinopathy in type 2 diabetic subjects. Retina. 2012;32:1197-203 pubmed publisher..From our study, it may be concluded that the genetic variation, that is, tumor necrosis factor ?-238A and interleukin 10-1082G alleles are the potent risk factors for the pathogenesis of PDR. ..
- Ganguly S, Basu B, Shome S, Jadhav T, Roy S, Majumdar J, et al. Dopamine, by acting through its D2 receptor, inhibits insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I)-induced gastric cancer cell proliferation via up-regulation of Krüppel-like factor 4 through down-regulation of IGF-IR and AKT phosphorylation. Am J Pathol. 2010;177:2701-7 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that DA is an important regulator of IGF-IR function in malignant gastric cancer cells. ..
- Sen S, Mandal P, Bhattacharya A, Kundu S, Roy Chowdhury R, Mondal N, et al. Impact of viral and host DNA methylations on HPV16-related cervical cancer pathogenesis. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317699799 pubmed publisher..Thus, HPV16 and host methylations appear to influence CaCx pathogenesis, with differential molecular signatures among CaCx cases with episomal and integrated HPV16. ..
- Sengupta S, Chakrabarti S, Roy A, Panda C, Roychoudhury S. Inactivation of human mutL homolog 1 and mutS homolog 2 genes in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma tumors and leukoplakia samples by promoter hypermethylation and its relation with microsatellite instability phenotype. Cancer. 2007;109:703-12 pubmed
- Saha D, Rajendran K, Ramamurthy T, Nandy R, Bhattacharya S. Intestinal parasitism and Vibrio cholerae infection among diarrhoeal patients in Kolkata, India. Epidemiol Infect. 2008;136:661-4 pubmed..The highest rates for V. cholerae infection were in the 2-5 years age group and combined infection of V. cholerae and parasites was recorded among children aged between 2 and 10 years. ..
- Sasmal P, Tantia O, Patle N, Khanna S. Omental torsion and infarction: a diagnostic dilemma and its laparoscopic management. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A. 2010;20:225-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, inspection of the omentum should be a routine part of exploration in suspected acute appendicitis...