Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India
Locale: Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Dhingra M, Pantola C, Agarwal A. Congenital granular cell tumor of the alveolar ridge. Indian J Pathol Microbiol. 2010;53:327-8 pubmed publisher..We report a case of congenital granular cell tumor in a newborn female child that was uneventfully operated. The case is reported here because of its rarity...
- Anand B, Majumdar S, Prakash B. Structural basis unifying diverse GTP hydrolysis mechanisms. Biochemistry. 2013;52:1122-30 pubmed publisher..This understanding would be valuable for experiments in which abolishing GTP hydrolysis or generating constitutively active forms of a GTPase is important. ..
- Raj A, Ramesh G, Nagarajappa R, Pandey A, Raj A. Prevalence of odontogenic lesions among the Kanpur population: an institutional study. J Exp Ther Oncol. 2017;12:35-42 pubmed..The relative frequency of these cysts and tumors can be analyzed at a global level to understand their prevalence, incidence, biological behaviour, and distribution. ..
- Arora S. Leprosy in a preschool child--a case report. J Indian Med Assoc. 2007;105:140 pubmed..Histopathological examination from the patch revealed it to be a case of indeterminate leprosy. The child responded favourably with antileprosy treatment...
- Siwach P, Pophaly S, Ganesh S. Genomic and evolutionary insights into genes encoding proteins with single amino acid repeats. Mol Biol Evol. 2006;23:1357-69 pubmed..Therefore, instability associated with repeats might be driven by processes that are specific to sperm or oocyte development, and the recombination frequency might play a positive role in this process. ..
- Majumdar S, Acharya A, Prakash B. Structural plasticity mediates distinct GAP-dependent GTP hydrolysis mechanisms in Rab33 and Rab5. FEBS J. 2017;284:4358-4375 pubmed publisher..Taken together with the mechanisms seen for Rab1, it is evident that the observed variations in Rab and their GAP partners allow structural plasticity, or in other words, the choice of different catalytic mechanisms. ..
- Ramesh G, Raj A, Nagarajappa R, Pandey A. Basal cell adenoma of palatal glands. J Exp Ther Oncol. 2017;12:55-59 pubmed..We here report a case of basal cell adenoma of trabecular type in a male patient of age 45 years in the minor salivary glands of left posterior palatal region. ..
- Ganesh S, Tsurutani N, Suzuki T, Hoshii Y, Ishihara T, Delgado Escueta A, et al. The carbohydrate-binding domain of Lafora disease protein targets Lafora polyglucosan bodies. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;313:1101-9 pubmed..This is the first report demonstrating a direct association between the LD gene product and the disease-defining storage product, the Lafora bodies. ..
- Gupta A, Verma R, Agarwal V, Vajpai M, Bansal V, Sankararamakrishnan R. MIPModDB: a central resource for the superfamily of major intrinsic proteins. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:D362-9 pubmed publisher..Sequences and structures of selected MIPs can be downloaded from MIPModDB database which is freely available at http://bioinfo.iitk.ac.in/MIPModDB. ..
- Singh S, Satishchandra P, Shankar S, Ganesh S. Lafora disease in the Indian population: EPM2A and NHLRC1 gene mutations and their impact on subcellular localization of laforin and malin. Hum Mutat. 2008;29:E1-12 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the altered subcellular localization of mutant proteins of the EPM2A and NHLRC1 genes could be one of the molecular bases of the LD phenotype. ..
- Banerjee I, Gupta V, Ahmed T, Faizaan M, Agarwal P, Ganesh S. Inflammatory system gene polymorphism and the risk of stroke: a case-control study in an Indian population. Brain Res Bull. 2008;75:158-65 pubmed..In conclusion, the -889 C/T and SNP83 T/C SNPs of the IL-1alpha and PDE4D genes, respectively, appear to be genetic risk factors for stroke in our study population. ..
- Banerjee I, Gupta V, Ganesh S. Association of gene polymorphism with genetic susceptibility to stroke in Asian populations: a meta-analysis. J Hum Genet. 2007;52:205-19 pubmed
- Singh S, Suzuki T, Uchiyama A, Kumada S, Moriyama N, Hirose S, et al. Mutations in the NHLRC1 gene are the common cause for Lafora disease in the Japanese population. J Hum Genet. 2005;50:347-52 pubmed..Our study, in addition to documenting the genetic and molecular heterogeneity observed for LD, suggests that mutations in the NHLRC1 gene may be a common cause of LD in the Japanese population. ..