Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in New Delhi, NCT, India
Locale: New Delhi, NCT, India
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications183 found, 100 shown here
- Somvanshi V, Lang E, Schumann P, Pukall R, Kroppenstedt R, Ganguly S, et al. Leucobacter iarius sp. nov., in the family Microbacteriaceae. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2007;57:682-6 pubmed..nov. is proposed. The type strain is strain 40(T) (=DSM 17402(T)=CIP 108831(T)). ..
- Bhatia S, Gangappa S, Kushwaha R, Kundu S, Chattopadhyay S. SHORT HYPOCOTYL IN WHITE LIGHT1, a serine-arginine-aspartate-rich protein in Arabidopsis, acts as a negative regulator of photomorphogenic growth. Plant Physiol. 2008;147:169-78 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study provides evidences that SHW1 is a regulatory protein that is functionally interrelated to COP1 and plays dual but opposite regulatory roles in photomorphogenesis. ..
- Tyagi S, Vaz C, Gupta V, Bhatia R, Maheshwari S, Srinivasan A, et al. CID-miRNA: a web server for prediction of novel miRNA precursors in human genome. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;372:831-4 pubmed publisher..It can also scan large genomic sequences for the presence of potential miRNA precursors in its stand-alone form. The web server can be accessed at http://mirna.jnu.ac.in/cidmirna/. ..
- Gill J, Chitnis C, Sharma A. Structural insights into chondroitin sulphate A binding Duffy-binding-like domains from Plasmodium falciparum: implications for intervention strategies against placental malaria. Malar J. 2009;8:67 pubmed publisher..These structural insights have clear implications in using CSA-binding DBL domains for vaccines against placental malaria as it is proposed that the various CSA-binding DBL domains on var2CSA will recognize their CSA ligands differently...
- Joshi A, Dang H, Vaid N, Tuteja N. Isolation of high salinity stress tolerant genes from Pisum sativum by random overexpression in Escherichia coli and their functional validation. Plant Signal Behav. 2009;4:400-12 pubmed..This study brings new direction in identifying novel function of unidentified genes in abiotic stress tolerance without previous knowledge of the genome sequence. ..
- Ghosh P, Ali A. Isolation of atypical enteropathogenic Escherichia coli from children with and without diarrhoea in Delhi and the National Capital Region, India. J Med Microbiol. 2010;59:1156-62 pubmed publisher..The data also indicated that typical EPEC are a common cause of diarrhoea and atypical EPEC are emerging as colonizers of the intestine of children with and without diarrhoea in Delhi and the National Capital Region, India. ..
- Saha A, Theis J, Vrana J, Dubey N, Batra V, Sethi S. AA amyloidosis associated with hepatitis B. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2011;26:2407-12 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, mass spectrometry also detected a variant of SAA protein (SAA W71R). ..
- Bansal S, Srivastava A, Mukherjee G, Pandey R, Verma A, Mishra P, et al. Hyperthermophilic asparaginase mutants with enhanced substrate affinity and antineoplastic activity: structural insights on their mechanism of action. FASEB J. 2012;26:1161-71 pubmed publisher..Our study not only resulted in development of PfA mutants with combination of desirable properties but also gave a mechanistic insight about their activity. ..
- Mir M, Lal R, Sullender W, Singh Y, Garten R, Krishnan A, et al. Genetic diversity of HA1 domain of hemagglutinin gene of pandemic influenza H1N1pdm09 viruses in New Delhi, India. J Med Virol. 2012;84:386-93 pubmed publisher..Whether antibody-mediated pressure is imposing such changes remains to be determined. Continued genetic surveillance is warranted to monitor pathogenicity as the virus evolves to acquire new features...
- Sikriwal D, Seth D, Parveen S, Malik A, Broor S, Batra J. An insertion in loop L7 of human eosinophil-derived neurotoxin is crucial for its antiviral activity. J Cell Biochem. 2012;113:3104-12 pubmed publisher..The study demonstrates that besides the RNase activity, loop L7 is another important determinant for the antiviral activity of EDN. ..
- Gupta P, Das A, Singh O, Ghosh S, Singh V. Assessing the genetic diversity of the vir genes in Indian Plasmodium vivax population. Acta Trop. 2012;124:133-9 pubmed publisher..Detailed knowledge of the genetic variation among the vir genes will help in understanding the evolutionary aspects of vir genes and may also provide basis for understanding the disease chronicity...
- Song P, Malhotra P, Tuteja N, Chauhan V. RNA helicase-related genes of Plasmodium falciparum and Plasmodium cynomolgi. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;255:312-6 pubmed..Further characterization of these helicases may also help in designing parasite-specific inhibitors/drugs which specifically inhibit the parasite's growth without affecting the host...
- Gupta V, Muyldermans S, Wyns L, Salunke D. The crystal structure of recombinant rat pancreatic RNase A. Proteins. 1999;35:1-12 pubmed..It is therefore inferred that the local conformation of the substrate governs the specificity of subtilisin. ..
- Majumdar M, Bharadwaj A, Ghosh I, Ramachandran S, Datta K. Evidence for the presence of HABP1 pseudogene in multiple locations of mammalian genome. DNA Cell Biol. 2002;21:727-35 pubmed..Rat and mouse homologs of the HABP1 pseudogene also contain multiple mutations, leading to the insertion of premature stop codons confirming the identity of a processed pseudogene. ..
- Vashisht A, Tuteja N. Cold stress-induced pea DNA helicase 47 is homologous to eIF4A and inhibited by DNA-interacting ligands. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2005;440:79-90 pubmed..This study should help in our better understanding of cold stress signaling and mechanism of DNA unwinding in plants. ..
- Kalita M, Ramasamy G, Duraisamy S, Chauhan V, Gupta D. ProtRepeatsDB: a database of amino acid repeats in genomes. BMC Bioinformatics. 2006;7:336 pubmed..The database is useful for identification of species or organism specific repeat markers, interspecies variations and polymorphism. ..
- Qureshi I, Sethi D, Salunke D. Purification, identification and preliminary crystallographic studies of an allergenic protein from Lathyrus sativus. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2006;62:869-72 pubmed..Crystals were obtained by the hanging-drop vapour-diffusion method. The crystals belonged to space group P2(1)2(1)2(1), with unit-cell parameters a = 43.5, b = 82.7, c = 153.4 A...
- Verma V, Dasgupta I. Sequence analysis of the complete genomes of two Rice tungro spherical virus isolates from India. Arch Virol. 2007;152:645-8 pubmed
- Upadhyaya T, Singh R, Dixit A. Molecular cloning and sequence analysis of lamB encoding outer membrane maltose-inducible porin of Aeromonas hydrophila. DNA Seq. 2007;18:302-6 pubmed..Open reading frame of A. hydrophila lamB consists of a signal peptide of 25 amino acids, two protein translation start sites ATG present at the 31st and 37th base pairs, a translation termination codon, TAA at 1333rd base pair. ..
- Chattopadhyay B, Singh A, Yadav T, Fauquet C, Sarin N, Chakraborty S. Infectivity of the cloned components of a begomovirus: DNA beta complex causing chilli leaf curl disease in India. Arch Virol. 2008;153:533-9 pubmed publisher..This is the first experimental demonstration of Koch's postulates using cloned DNA molecules associated with chilli leaf curl disease. ..
- Irshad M, Singh S, Irshad K, Agarwal S, Joshi Y. Torque teno virus: its prevalence and isotypes in North India. World J Gastroenterol. 2008;14:6044-51 pubmed..The pathogenicity and etiological role of TTV in different diseases is still a question mark and warrant further studies. ..
- Rajagopal R, Arora N, Sivakumar S, Rao N, Nimbalkar S, Bhatnagar R. Resistance of Helicoverpa armigera to Cry1Ac toxin from Bacillus thuringiensis is due to improper processing of the protoxin. Biochem J. 2009;419:309-16 pubmed publisher..The implications of these observations in the context of the possibility of development of resistance and its management in H. armigera to Cry1Ac through transgenic crop cultivation are discussed. ..
- Khajuria R, Sapra S, Ghosh M, Gupta N, Gulati S, Kalra V, et al. Rapid detection of deletions in hotspot C-terminal segment region of MECP2 by routine PCR method: report of two classical Rett syndrome patients of Indian origin. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2009;13:277-80 pubmed publisher..We suggest that a simple PCR can easily detect deletions in the hotspot CTS region of the MECP2 gene and can be used for routine molecular diagnostics of RS. ..
- Reddy P, Mallikarjuna G, Kaul T, Chakradhar T, Mishra R, Sopory S, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of gene encoding for cytoplasmic Hsc70 from Pennisetum glaucum may play a protective role against abiotic stresses. Mol Genet Genomics. 2010;283:243-54 pubmed publisher..coli, suggest its probable role in conferring abiotic stress tolerance to this plant...
- Kaur S, Modi P, Srivastava V, Mudgal R, Tikoo S, Arora P, et al. Chk1-dependent constitutive phosphorylation of BLM helicase at serine 646 decreases after DNA damage. Mol Cancer Res. 2010;8:1234-47 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that Chk1-mediated phosphorylation on BLM at Ser(646) might be a determinant for regulating subnuclear localization and could act as a marker for the activation status of BLM in response to DNA damage. ..
- Varma S, Kumar A, Kapur N, Durgapal H, Acharya S, Panda S. Hepatitis E virus replication involves alternating negative- and positive-sense RNA synthesis. J Gen Virol. 2011;92:572-81 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrated cyclical bursts of virus replication and the role of subgenomic RNA in the HEV life cycle. ..
- Sharma R, Murty N, Gupta R. Molecular characterization of N-terminal pro-sequence of keratinase Ker P from Pseudomonas aeruginosa: identification of region with chaperone activity. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2011;165:892-901 pubmed publisher..It also had a higher V (max) and K (m) on casein as compared with Ker P F2. However, no significant variation was observed with respect to kinetics on synthetic substrates. ..
- Pathak D, Ali S. RsaI repetitive DNA in Buffalo Bubalus bubalis representing retrotransposons, conserved in bovids, are part of the functional genes. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:338 pubmed publisher..Prospects of our present work in the context of comparative and functional genomics are highlighted. ..
- Reddy P, Reddy G, Pandey P, Chandrasekhar K, Reddy M. Cloning and molecular characterization of a gene encoding late embryogenesis abundant protein from Pennisetum glaucum: protection against abiotic stresses. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:7163-74 pubmed publisher..coli suggest a role in conferring abiotic stress tolerance in plants...
- Upadhyay R. Computational analysis of evolutionary divergence of scorpion toxins. Indian J Biochem Biophys. 2003;40:51-8 pubmed..From the evolutionary analysis it is concluded that Leiurus is a primitive ancestral species from which probably various toxins have evolved during the evolution. ..
- Alam A, Bhatnagar R, Relan U, Mukherjee P, Chauhan V. Proteolytic activity of Plasmodium falciparum subtilisin-like protease 3 on parasite profilin, a multifunctional protein. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2013;191:58-62 pubmed publisher..Proteolysis of PfPRF by PfSUB3 is suggestive of the probable role of the protease in the processes of motility, virulence and immune evasion. ..
- Singh Y, Mirdha B, Guleria R, Khalil S, Panda A, Chaudhry R, et al. Molecular detection of DHFR gene polymorphisms in Pneumocystis jirovecii isolates from Indian patients. J Infect Dev Ctries. 2015;9:1250-6 pubmed publisher..The DHFR gene mutations found in this study may possibly indicate an association of process likely to contribute to therapeutic failure or an evolutionary process, and warrant continuous monitoring. ..
- Jagadish N, Rana R, Mishra D, Kumar M, Suri A. Sperm associated antigen 9 (SPAG9): a new member of c-Jun NH2 -terminal kinase (JNK) interacting protein exclusively expressed in testis. Keio J Med. 2005;54:66-71 pubmed..The amino acid sequence analysis of SPAG9 predicted coiled coil, leucine zipper and transmembrane domain, speculating the involvement of SPAG9 mediated signal transduction pathways in reproductive processes. ..
- Agarwal A, Nayak B, Rao K. B cell responses to a peptide epitope. VII. Antigen-dependent modulation of the germinal center reaction. J Immunol. 1998;161:5832-41 pubmed..These data suggest that the strength of a germinal center reaction generated is Ag dependent. At least one regulatory parameter represents the quality of B cells that are initially primed. ..
- Singh B, Mudgil Y, Sopory S, Reddy M. Molecular characterization of a nuclear topoisomerase II from Nicotiana tabacum that functionally complements a temperature-sensitive topoisomerase II yeast mutant. Plant Mol Biol. 2003;52:1063-76 pubmed..The regulated expression of tobacco topoisomerase II gene under the GAL1 promoter functionally complemented a temperature-sensitive TopII(ts) yeast mutant. ..
- Singh B, Mishra R, Agarwal P, Goswami M, Nair S, Sopory S, et al. A pea chloroplast translation elongation factor that is regulated by abiotic factors. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;320:523-30 pubmed..These results indicate that regulation of pea tufA may have an important role in plant adaptation to environmental stresses. ..
- Tuteja R. Type I signal peptidase: an overview. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2005;441:107-11 pubmed..Type I signal peptidases have been found in bacteria, archaea, fungi, plants, and animals. In this review, I present an overview of bacterial type I signal peptidases and describe some of their properties in detail. ..
- Mishra A, Singhal A, Chauhan D, Katoch V, Srivastava K, Thakral S, et al. Direct detection and identification of Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Mycobacterium bovis in bovine samples by a novel nested PCR assay: correlation with conventional techniques. J Clin Microbiol. 2005;43:5670-8 pubmed..bovis by N-PCR and culture reflected the clinical categorizations of the cattle (P of <0.05 to <0.01). Mixed infection by N-PCR was detected in 22 animals, whereas by culture mixed infection was detected in 1 animal. ..
- Wickramarachchi T, Cabrera A, Sinha D, Dhawan S, Chandran T, Devi Y, et al. A novel Plasmodium falciparum erythrocyte binding protein associated with the merozoite surface, PfDBLMSP. Int J Parasitol. 2009;39:763-73 pubmed..Our data on localization and functional assays suggest a possible role of PfDBLMSP in binding of merozoites with erythrocytes during invasion...
- Dar A, Prusty D, Mondal N, Dhar S. A unique 45-amino-acid region in the toprim domain of Plasmodium falciparum gyrase B is essential for its activity. Eukaryot Cell. 2009;8:1759-69 pubmed publisher..falciparum but also provide meaningful insights into the current mechanistic model of DNA transport by gyrase during the topoisomerization reaction...
- Tanwar M, Dada T, Sihota R, Dada R. Identification of four novel cytochrome P4501B1 mutations (p.I94X, p.H279D, p.Q340H, and p.K433K) in primary congenital glaucoma patients. Mol Vis. 2009;15:2926-37 pubmed..Such studies will be of benefit in the identification of pathogenic mutations in different populations and will enable us to develop simple and rapid diagnostic tests for analyzing such cases. ..
- Shukla A, Jain M, Chauhan S. Ets-1/Elk-1 is a critical mediator of dipeptidyl-peptidase III transcription in human glioblastoma cells. FEBS J. 2010;277:1861-75 pubmed publisher..From these results, we conclude that Ets-1/Elk-1 plays a critical role in transcription of the human DPP-III gene. ..
- Hossain M, Korde R, Singh P, Kanodia S, Ranjan R, Ram G, et al. Plasmodium falciparum Tudor Staphylococcal Nuclease interacting proteins suggest its role in nuclear as well as splicing processes. Gene. 2010;468:48-57 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest multiple role(s) for PfTudor-SN protein mainly in nuclear and splicing processes at asexual blood stages of the malaria parasite. ..
- Murty N, Tiwary E, Sharma R, Nair N, Gupta R. ?-Glutamyl transpeptidase from Bacillus pumilus KS 12: decoupling autoprocessing from catalysis and molecular characterization of N-terminal region. Enzyme Microb Technol. 2012;50:159-64 pubmed publisher..coli expression system yielded active enzyme with transpeptidase activity of 5.31 U/mg. Though N-terminal truncations of rGGTBP upto 95 aa did not affect autoprocessing of GGT however activity was lost with truncation beyond 63 aa. ..
- Mishra A, Puranik S, Bahadur R, Prasad M. The DNA-binding activity of an AP2 protein is involved in transcriptional regulation of a stress-responsive gene, SiWD40, in foxtail millet. Genomics. 2012;100:252-63 pubmed publisher..Our study thus provides a vital clue for near future research on the stress-regulation of WD proteins...
- Yadav D, Shukla D, Tuteja N. Rice heterotrimeric G-protein alpha subunit (RGA1): in silico analysis of the gene and promoter and its upregulation under abiotic stress. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2013;63:262-71 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a critical evidence for its active role in regulation of abiotic stresses in rice. These findings suggest its possible exploitation in the development of abiotic stress tolerance in crops. ..
- Mandal S, Sahana N, Rajarani A, Santha I. Molecular cloning, characterization and expression of lipoxygenase 2 (lox-2) isozyme from Indian soybean [Glycine max (L.) Merrill] cv. Pusa 16. Indian J Biochem Biophys. 2013;50:54-63 pubmed..Inhibitor studies with natural antioxidant molecules present in soybean revealed alpha-tocopherol to be the most effective inhibitor of LOX-2. ..
- Guron C, Rao K, Jain S, Totey S, Talwar G. Cloning and nucleotide sequencing of sheep growth hormone cDNA. Indian J Exp Biol. 1992;30:659-63 pubmed..The cDNA sequence presented is also in accordance with the genomic sequence for the sheep GH gene that has been reported. ..
- Nayak B, Tuteja R, Manivel V, Roy R, Vishwakarma R, Rao K. B cell responses to a peptide epitope. V. Kinetic regulation of repertoire discrimination and antibody optimization for epitope. J Immunol. 1998;161:3510-9 pubmed..Thus, it would appear that the kinetics of Ag recognition dominate over equilibrium binding criteria both in epitope-driven repertoire selection and Ab maturation in a humoral response. ..
- Das P, Jain S, Nayak S, Apparao K, Totey S, Garg L. Molecular cloning and sequence analysis of the cDNA encoding beta-lactoglobulin in Bubalus bubalis. DNA Seq. 1999;10:105-8 pubmed..The degree of homology, at amino acid level, is 96.1%, 95.6%, 93.9% and 63.7% with goat, sheep, cow and pig, respectively. ..
- Gholizadeh A, Santha I, Kohnehrouz B, Lodha M, Kapoor H. Cystatins may confer viral resistance in plants by inhibition of a virus-induced cell death phenomenon in which cysteine proteinases are active: cloning and molecular characterization of a cDNA encoding cysteine-proteinase inhibitor (celostatin) from. Biotechnol Appl Biochem. 2005;42:197-204 pubmed
- Chaudhry A, Das S, Hussain A, Mayor S, George A, Bal V, et al. The Nef protein of HIV-1 induces loss of cell surface costimulatory molecules CD80 and CD86 in APCs. J Immunol. 2005;175:4566-74 pubmed..This novel immunomodulatory role of Nef may be of potential importance in explaining the correlations of macrophage-tropism and Nef with HIV-1 pathogenicity and immune evasion. ..
- Qureshi I, Dash P, Srivastava P, Koundal K. Purification and characterization of an N-acetyl-D-galactosamine-specific lectin from seeds of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Phytochem Anal. 2006;17:350-6 pubmed..The molecular weight, haemagglutination pattern, carbohydrate specificity and N-terminal amino acid sequence indicated that the lectin is clearly distinct from the previously reported chickpea lectin CAA-I...
- Varshney A, Chaudhry R, Kabra S, Malhotra P. Cloning, expression, and immunological characterization of the P30 protein of Mycoplasma pneumoniae. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2008;15:215-20 pubmed..57% and 89.47%, respectively. This study suggests that the P30 protein can be used as an antigen along with other adhesin proteins for the immunodiagnosis of M. pneumoniae infection...
- Sanghamitra M, Talukder I, Singarapu N, Sindhu K, Kateriya S, Goswami S. WD-40 repeat protein SG2NA has multiple splice variants with tissue restricted and growth responsive properties. Gene. 2008;420:48-56 pubmed publisher..In embryonic chicken there are at least four variants of which one is present in brain but absent in heart. Taken together, splicing variation of SG2NA might have some critical roles in differentiation and maturation in metazoan cells. ..
- Ghosh S, Meli V, Kumar A, Thakur A, Chakraborty N, Chakraborty S, et al. The N-glycan processing enzymes alpha-mannosidase and beta-D-N-acetylhexosaminidase are involved in ripening-associated softening in the non-climacteric fruits of capsicum. J Exp Bot. 2011;62:571-82 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, genetic engineering of N-glycan processing can be a common strategy in both climacteric and non-climacteric species to reduce the post-harvest crop losses...
- Kumar S, Naqvi R, Khanna N, Pathak P, Rao D. Th3 immune responses in the progression of leprosy via molecular cross-talks of TGF-β, CTLA-4 and Cbl-b. Clin Immunol. 2011;141:133-42 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study negates Th2 bias and substantiates molecular cross-talk amongst TGF-β-CTLA-4-Cbl-b eventually leads to M. leprae persistence. ..
- Kaliappan K, Choudhury N, Suyal G, Mukherjee S. A novel role for RAD54: this host protein modulates geminiviral DNA replication. FASEB J. 2012;26:1142-60 pubmed publisher..However, this study demonstrates for the first time that the eukaryotic rolling-circle replicon depends on the RAD54 protein. ..
- Kolluri S, Kaul R, Banerjee K, Gupta S. Nucleotide sequence of cDNA encoding bonnet monkey (Macaca radiata) zona pellucida glycoprotein-ZP3. Reprod Fertil Dev. 1995;7:1209-12 pubmed..These results have important implications for the use of bonnet monkey as an animal model for evaluation and development of contraceptive vaccine based on ZP3 for human use. ..
- Chakraborty S, Sarmah B, Chakraborty N, Datta A. Premature termination of RNA polymerase II mediated transcription of a seed protein gene in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Nucleic Acids Res. 2002;30:2940-9 pubmed..Furthermore, we demonstrate that the AmA1 intronic terminator sequence acts in a position-independent manner when placed within another gene. ..
- Vashishta A, Sahu T, Sharma A, Choudhary S, Dixit A. In vitro refolded napin-like protein of Momordica charantia expressed in Escherichia coli displays properties of native napin. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1764:847-55 pubmed..charantia. Thus, a heterologous expression system and in vitro refolding conditions to obtain biologically active napin-like protein of M. charantia were established. ..
- Jain M, Das R. Nucleotide sequence and molecular characterization of the structural glycoprotein gp41 gene homologue of Spodoptera litura nucleopolyhedrosis virus (spltNPV-I). Mol Biol Rep. 2004;31:231-9 pubmed..The gene is conserved among baculoviruses and places SpltNPV-I close to Spodoptera frugiperda and Spodoptera exigua NPVs in phylogenetic tree. ..
- Kumar K, Singal A, Rizvi M, Chauhan V. High mobility group box (HMGB) proteins of Plasmodium falciparum: DNA binding proteins with pro-inflammatory activity. Parasitol Int. 2008;57:150-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that secreted PfHMGB1 and PfHMGB2 may be responsible for eliciting/ triggering host inflammatory immune responses associated with malaria infection. ..
- Anand S, Mohanty D. Inter-domain movements in polyketide synthases: a molecular dynamics study. Mol Biosyst. 2012;8:1157-71 pubmed publisher..Based on these studies and prediction of intrinsic disorder we propose that the intrinsically unstructured linker stretch preceding the ACP domain might be facilitating movement of ACP domains to various catalytic centers. ..
- Hassan M, Kumar V, Singh T, Yadav S. Structural model of human PSA: a target for prostate cancer therapy. Chem Biol Drug Des. 2007;70:261-7 pubmed
- Kumari V, Sharma R, Yadav V, Gupta A, Bhattacharya A, Bhattacharya S. Differential distribution of a SINE element in the Entamoeba histolytica and Entamoeba dispar genomes: role of the LINE-encoded endonuclease. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:267 pubmed publisher..The absence of SINE1 in 80% of syntenic loci could affect the phenotype of the two species, including their pathogenic properties, which needs to be explored. ..
- Mandal A, Kumar A, Singh A, Lynn A, Kapoor K, Prasad R. A key structural domain of the Candida albicans Mdr1 protein. Biochem J. 2012;445:313-22 pubmed publisher..Unlike other homologous proteins, ICL3 has no apparent role in imparting substrate specificity or in the recruitment of the transporter protein. ..
- Rath P, Singh P, Batra J. Functional and structural characterization of Helicobacter pylori ClpX: a molecular chaperone of Hsp100 family. Protein Pept Lett. 2012;19:1263-71 pubmed..The study demonstrates that H. pylori ClpX manifests chaperonic activity in the absence of any adaptor protein. ..
- Deb T, Datta K. Molecular cloning of human fibroblast hyaluronic acid-binding protein confirms its identity with P-32, a protein co-purified with splicing factor SF2. Hyaluronic acid-binding protein as P-32 protein, co-purified with splicing factor SF2. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:2206-12 pubmed..quot; ..
- Premi S, Srivastava J, Chandy S, Ahmad J, Ali S. Tandem duplication and copy number polymorphism of the SRY gene in patients with sex chromosome anomalies and males exposed to natural background radiation. Mol Hum Reprod. 2006;12:113-21 pubmed..Copy number status of the other Y-linked loci is envisaged to augment DNA diagnostics facilitating genetic counselling to affected patients...
- Kumar S, Singh N, Sinha M, Kaur P, Srinivasan A, Sharma S, et al. Isolation, purification, crystallization and preliminary crystallographic studies of amaryllin, a plant pathogenesis-related protein from Amaryllis belladonna. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2009;65:635-7 pubmed publisher..7 A resolution and belonged to the orthorhombic space group I222 or I2(1)2(1)2(1), with unit-cell parameters a = 48.6, b = 61.9, c = 79.6 A. The complete sequence and structure determination of amaryllin are in progress. ..
- Srivastava J, Premi S, Kumar S, Ali S. Organization and differential expression of the GACA/GATA tagged somatic and spermatozoal transcriptomes in Buffalo Bubalus bubalis. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:132 pubmed publisher..This is envisaged to establish the roles of integral simple sequence repeats and tagged transcripts in gene expression or regulation. ..
- Dalal M, Tayal D, Chinnusamy V, Bansal K. Abiotic stress and ABA-inducible Group 4 LEA from Brassica napus plays a key role in salt and drought tolerance. J Biotechnol. 2009;139:137-45 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that LEA4-1 plays a crucial role in abiotic stress tolerance during vegetative stage of plant development. ..
- Awasthi M, Batra J, Kateriya S. Disulphide bridges of phospholipase C of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii modulates lipid interaction and dimer stability. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39258 pubmed publisher..This study helps in establishing the role of CrPLC (or similar proteins) in the quaternary structure of the molecule its affinities during lipid interactions. ..
- Tanwar M, Kumar M, Nayak B, Pathak D, Sharma N, Titiyal J, et al. VSX1 gene analysis in keratoconus. Mol Vis. 2010;16:2395-401 pubmed..The absence of pathogenic mutations in VSX1 in our patients indicates that other genetic loci like 13q32 as suggested by a recent study may be involved in the pathogenesis of this disorder. ..
- Zeeshan M, Bora H, Sharma Y. Presence of memory T cells and naturally acquired antibodies in Plasmodium vivax malaria-exposed individuals against a group of tryptophan-rich antigens with conserved sequences. J Infect Dis. 2013;207:175-85 pubmed publisher..vivax infection. Further characterization of these PvTRAgs may lead to the identification of a potential therapeutic target. ..
- Ali R, Naqvi R, Kumar S, Bhat A, Rao D. Multiple antigen peptide containing B and T cell epitopes of F1 antigen of Yersinia pestis showed enhanced Th1 immune response in murine model. Scand J Immunol. 2013;77:361-71 pubmed publisher..This study proposes a new perspective for the development of vaccination strategies for Y. pestis that trigger T cell immune response...
- Saini M, Vrati S. A Japanese encephalitis virus peptide present on Johnson grass mosaic virus-like particles induces virus-neutralizing antibodies and protects mice against lethal challenge. J Virol. 2003;77:3487-94 pubmed..Importantly, these antibodies were obtained without the use of an adjuvant. The immunized mice showed significant protection against a lethal JEV challenge. ..
- Chatterjee M, Sharma P, Khurana J. Cryptochrome 1 from Brassica napus is up-regulated by blue light and controls hypocotyl/stem growth and anthocyanin accumulation. Plant Physiol. 2006;141:61-74 pubmed..These data provide functional evidence for a role of blue light up-regulated cry1 in controlling photomorphogenesis in Brassica species. ..
- Dang H, Tran N, Gill S, Tuteja R, Tuteja N. A single subunit MCM6 from pea promotes salinity stress tolerance without affecting yield. Plant Mol Biol. 2011;76:19-34 pubmed publisher..The possible mechanism of salinity tolerance is discussed. These findings suggest that DNA replication machinery can be exploited for promoting stress tolerance in crop plants. ..
- Khan S, Deutscher J, Vishwakarma R, Monedero V, Bhatnagar N. The ptsH gene from Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis. Characterization of a new phosphorylation site on the protein HPr. Eur J Biochem. 2001;268:521-30 pubmed..subtilis strain. In addition, P-(N epsilon 2)His-HPr did not transfer its phosphoryl group to the purified glucose-specific enzyme IIA domain of B. subtilis. ..
- Vashist J, Tiwari V, Das R, Kapil A, Rajeswari M. Analysis of penicillin-binding proteins (PBPs) in carbapenem resistant Acinetobacter baumannii. Indian J Med Res. 2011;133:332-8 pubmed..Therefore, the present study was carried out to identify the PBPs in three (low, intermediate and high MICs) groups of carbapenem resistant isolates strains of A. baumannii...
- Laal S, Sharma Y, Prasad H, Murtaza A, Singh S, Tangri S, et al. Recombinant fusion protein identified by lepromatous sera mimics native Mycobacterium leprae in T-cell responses across the leprosy spectrum. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:1054-8 pubmed..The coding regions of clones LSR1 and LSR2 are identical. They show no homology with sequences stored in data banks and encode a protein of 89 amino acids with a calculated molecular mass of approximately 10 kDa...
- Prakash K, Tuteja R. A novel DEAD box helicase Has1p from Plasmodium falciparum: N-terminal is essential for activity. Parasitol Int. 2010;59:271-7 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest that besides the conserved helicase domain the highly variable N-terminal region also contributes in the activity of the protein. ..
- Rao K, Richa T, Kumar K, Raghuram B, Sinha A. In silico analysis reveals 75 members of mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase gene family in rice. DNA Res. 2010;17:139-53 pubmed publisher..Further expression analysis of the MAPKKKs in MPSS database revealed that their transcripts were differentially regulated in various stress and tissue-specific libraries. ..
- Hassan M, Waheed A, Yadav S, Singh T, Ahmad F. Zinc alpha 2-glycoprotein: a multidisciplinary protein. Mol Cancer Res. 2008;6:892-906 pubmed publisher..This article deals with the discussion of the major aspects of ZAG from its gene structure to function and metabolism. ..
- Jyothsna P, Rawat R, Malathi V. Molecular characterization of a new begomovirus infecting a leguminous weed Rhynchosia minima in India. Virus Genes. 2011;42:407-14 pubmed publisher..The molecular data show that the virus identified here is a new species in the genus Begomovirus for which the name Rhynchosia yellow mosaic India virus is proposed. ..
- Tiwari V, Kapil A, Moganty R. Carbapenem-hydrolyzing oxacillinase in high resistant strains of Acinetobacter baumannii isolated from India. Microb Pathog. 2012;53:81-6 pubmed publisher..In the present study, we have established the emergence of OXA-51 in clinical strains of A. baumannii in India which suggests its role in carbapenem resistance. ..
- Gowri V, Ghosh I, Sharma A, Madhubala R. Unusual domain architecture of aminoacyl tRNA synthetases and their paralogs from Leishmania major. BMC Genomics. 2012;13:621 pubmed publisher..The unique features identified in this work provide rationale for designing inhibitors against parasite aminoacyl tRNA synthetases and their paralogs. ..