Experts and Doctors on membrane transport proteins in New Delhi, NCT, India
Locale: New Delhi, NCT, India
Topic: membrane transport proteins
- Rai V, Shukla S, Jha S, Komath S, Prasad R. Functional characterization of N-terminal nucleotide binding domain (NBD-1) of a major ABC drug transporter Cdr1p of Candida albicans: uncommon but conserved Trp326 of Walker B is important for ATP binding. Biochemistry. 2005;44:6650-61 pubmed
- Gaur M, Puri N, Manoharlal R, Rai V, Mukhopadhayay G, Choudhury D, et al. MFS transportome of the human pathogenic yeast Candida albicans. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:579 pubmed publisher..Considering the clinical relevance of C. albicans and role of MFS members in antifungal resistance and nutrient transport, this analysis would pave way for identifying their physiological relevance. ..
- Ahmad A, Khan A, Manzoor N. Reversal of efflux mediated antifungal resistance underlies synergistic activity of two monoterpenes with fluconazole. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2013;48:80-6 pubmed publisher..The selectively fungicidal characteristics and ability to restore FLC susceptibility in resistant isolates signify a promising candidature of THY and CARV as antifungal agents in combinational treatments for candidiasis. ..
- Kumar A, Sharma V, Khan M, Hindala M, Kumar S. Auxin transport inhibitor induced low complexity petiolated leaves and sessile leaf-like stipules and architectures of heritable leaf and stipule mutants in Pisum sativum suggest that its simple lobed stipules and compound leaf represent ancestral fo. J Genet. 2013;92:25-61 pubmed..v) All forms of leaves, including simple leaf, probably have origins in a gene regulatory network of the kind present in P. sativum. ..
- Thomas E, Roman E, Claypool S, Manzoor N, Pla J, Panwar S. Mitochondria influence CDR1 efflux pump activity, Hog1-mediated oxidative stress pathway, iron homeostasis, and ergosterol levels in Candida albicans. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2013;57:5580-99 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings reinforce the connection between functional mitochondria and azole tolerance, oxidant-mediated stress, and iron homeostasis in C. albicans. ..
- Gupta A, Thelma B. Identification of critical variants within SLC44A4, an ulcerative colitis susceptibility gene identified in a GWAS in north Indians. Genes Immun. 2016;17:105-9 pubmed publisher..This highlights the importance of this gene in UC biology, thus confirming the finding of the GWAS and also warranting additional studies. ..