Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on india in New Delhi, NCT, India
Locale: New Delhi, NCT, India
Publications293 found, 100 shown here
- Misra M, Kumar S, Bansal V. Total extraperitoneal (TEP) mesh repair of inguinal hernia in the developing world: comparison of low-cost indigenous balloon dissection versus direct telescopic dissection: a prospective randomized controlled study. Surg Endosc. 2008;22:1947-58 pubmed publisher..If balloon dissection is considered useful for the beginner, low-cost indigenous balloon may be used to avoid higher cost of commercially available balloon dissector with added early advantages. ..
- Talwar S, Choudhary S, Airan B, Juneja R, Kothari S, Saxena A, et al. Reducing the costs of surgical correction of congenitally malformed hearts in developing countries. Cardiol Young. 2008;18:363-71 pubmed publisher..Indigenization, innovation, training of manpower, and building a team, are essential to cut the costs, and to improve the quality of care. ..
- Sood S, Malhotra M, Das B, Kapil A. Enterococcal infections & antimicrobial resistance. Indian J Med Res. 2008;128:111-21 pubmed..Emergence of antimicrobial resistance, pathogenicity and virulence factors, current preventive, control and treatment modalities of severe enterococcal infections are also dealt with. ..
- Biswas A, Ranjan R, Meena A, Akhter M, Yadav B, Munisamy M, et al. Homocystine levels, polymorphisms and the risk of ischemic stroke in young Asian Indians. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2009;18:103-10 pubmed publisher..Genetic determinants of homocysteine level may also have some part in determining hyperhomocysteinemic conditions in the Asian Indian populations. ..
- Mathur N, Dhingra D. Perceived breast milk insufficiency in mothers of neonates hospitalized in neonatal intensive care unit. Indian J Pediatr. 2009;76:1003-6 pubmed publisher..The Present study suggests that lactation failure following delayed initiation of breastfeeding can be countered by subsequent intensive counselling. Emphasis is required on counselling for breastfeeding in primary neonatal care. ..
- Ahmed B, Khan S, Verma A, Habibullah -. Antihepatotoxic activity of debelalactone, a new oxirano-furanocoumarin from Phyllanthus debilis. J Asian Nat Prod Res. 2009;11:687-92 pubmed publisher..67%, ALP by 93.18%, and increased TP levels by 100.48%, respectively, against CCl(4)-induced toxicity in Wistar rats. These biochemical observations were also supplemented by histopathological examinations of the liver sections. ..
- Iqbal N, Singh A, Aleem S. Effect of Dynamic Meditation on Mental Health. J Relig Health. 2016;55:241-254 pubmed publisher..Overall, dynamic meditation training was effective in improving mental health of the subjects. ..
- Naseem A, Bhat Z, Kalaiarasan P, Kumar B, Gandhi G, Rizvi M. Genetic and epigenetic alterations affecting PARK-2 expression in cervical neoplasm among North Indian patients. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317703635 pubmed publisher..Our study provided sufficient information and insight for investigation of PARK-2 and highlighted its role as a tumor suppressor gene in cervical cancer in North Indian population. ..
- Limburg H, Kansara H, D SOUZA S. Results of school eye screening of 5.4 million children in India--a five-year follow-up study. Acta Ophthalmol Scand. 1999;77:310-4 pubmed..The simplicity of the procedure facilitates widespread application. Many parents take their children to the private sector for services. Monitoring and reporting needs to be improved. ..
- Joshi T, Menon K, Kishore J. Musculoskeletal disorders in industrial workers of Delhi. Int J Occup Environ Health. 2001;7:217-21 pubmed..Until internationally acceptable safe limits are established, back pain should be a notifiable disease in India. ..
- Jaini R, Naruse T, Kanga U, Kikkawa E, Kaur G, Inoko H, et al. Molecular diversity of the HLA-A*19 group of alleles in North Indians: possible oriental influence. Tissue Antigens. 2002;59:487-91 pubmed..All other subtypes of A19 were not found in the Japanese in the present study. The study suggests a significant amount of genetic admixture in the North Indian gene pool from other racial groups, with profound oriental influence. ..
- Mirdha B, Khokar S. Ocular toxocariasis in a North Indian population. J Trop Pediatr. 2002;48:328-30 pubmed publisher..None of the controls sera (other helminthic diseases) were positive for anti-Toxocara antibody. ..
- Saxena R, Gupta M, Gupta P, Kashyap R, Choudhry V, Bhargava M. Inherited bleeding disorders in Indian women with menorrhagia. Haemophilia. 2003;9:193-6 pubmed..It is thus suggested that in women presenting with menorrhagia, screening tests for haemostasis especially for vWD and inherited platelet function defects must be performed. ..
- Krishnan A, Sahariah S, Kapoor S. Cost of epilepsy in patients attending a secondary-level hospital in India. Epilepsia. 2004;45:289-91 pubmed..Simultaneous efforts must be made to bring the epilepsy patients on mainstream so as to reduce the productivity loss. ..
- Mukhtar H, Ansari S, Ali M, Naved T, Bhat Z. Effect of water extract of Psidium guajava leaves on alloxan-induced diabetic rats. Pharmazie. 2004;59:734-5 pubmed..In both acute and sub-acute tests, the water extract, at an oral dose of 250 mg/kg, showed statistically significant hypoglycemic activity...
- Dhingra V, Rajpal S, Bhalla P, Yadav A, Jain S, Hanif M. Prevalence of initial drug resistance to M. tuberculosis in new sputum positive RNTCP patients. J Commun Dis. 2003;35:82-9 pubmed..24%. Combined resistance to both Rifampicin and Isoniazid was 2.98 %. The incidence of resistance to first line drugs in tuberculosis is not very high among new sputum positive patients attending TB clinics under RNTCP. ..
- Hussain Z, Das B, Husain S, Murthy N, Kar P. Increasing trend of acute hepatitis A in north India: need for identification of high-risk population for vaccination. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2006;21:689-93 pubmed..Although universal vaccination against HAV is not currently indicated, selective vaccination of the high-risk population, based on their serological evidence of HAV antibody, would be a rational and cost-effective approach. ..
- Dwarakanath S, Sharma B, Mahapatra A. Intraspinal hemangioblastoma: analysis of 22 cases. J Clin Neurosci. 2008;15:1366-9 pubmed publisher..This is one of the larger series in the literature on spinal hemangioblastoma. We discuss the modes of presentation, surgical management strategies and excellent functional outcome after microsurgical excision...
- Nair D, Dawar R, Deb M, Capoor M, Singal S, Upadhayay D, et al. Outbreak of meningococcal disease in and around New Delhi, India, 2005-2006: a report from a tertiary care hospital. Epidemiol Infect. 2009;137:570-6 pubmed publisher..4% for ciprofloxacin. All patients with penicillin-resistant organisms (4) or intermediate sensitivity (4) succumbed to the disease. These patients also had a higher minimum inhibitory concentration to ceftriaxone. ..
- Goswami R, Marwaha R, Gupta N, Tandon N, Sreenivas V, Tomar N, et al. Prevalence of vitamin D deficiency and its relationship with thyroid autoimmunity in Asian Indians: a community-based survey. Br J Nutr. 2009;102:382-6 pubmed publisher..Further studies in vitamin D-sufficient populations with wider range of serum 25(OH)D levels are required to substantiate the findings of the current study. ..
- Sharma S, Das M, Kumar A, Marwaha V, Shankar S, Singh P, et al. Purine biosynthetic pathway genes and methotrexate response in rheumatoid arthritis patients among north Indians. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2009;19:823-8 pubmed..Genes from all the three pathways seem to contribute to MTX response in the Indian population. However, these observations need to be replicated in an independent sample set. ..
- Grover S, Avasthi A, Gupta S, Dan A, Neogi R, Behere P, et al. Phenomenology and beliefs of patients with Dhat syndrome: A nationwide multicentric study. Int J Soc Psychiatry. 2016;62:57-66 pubmed publisher..2%) expected that there was a need for taking energizing injections. Present study shows that Dhat syndrome is a distinct clinical entity seen all over India, with its characteristic features. ..
- Naruse T, Sakurai D, Ohtani H, Sharma G, Sharma S, Vajpayee M, et al. APOBEC3H polymorphisms and susceptibility to HIV-1 infection in an Indian population. J Hum Genet. 2016;61:263-5 pubmed publisher..475 vs 0.400, OR=1.36, permutation P=0.037) in the HIV-1-infected subjects, confirming the association of A3H polymorphisms with the susceptibility to HIV-1 infection. ..
- Balasegaram M, Kolb P, McKew J, Menon J, Olliaro P, SABLINSKI T, et al. An open source pharma roadmap. PLoS Med. 2017;14:e1002276 pubmed publisher..In an Essay, Matthew Todd and colleagues discuss an open source approach to drug development. ..
- Nanda Y, Chatterjee A, Purohit A, Diallo A, Innui K, Sharma R, et al. The isolation of peste des petits ruminants virus from northern India. Vet Microbiol. 1996;51:207-16 pubmed..The virulence profile of one isolate in cattle sheep and goats was established. Infected animals developed specific antibody responses and excreted specific antigen in their lachrymal secretions. ..
- Singh S, Prasad R, Mohanty A. High prevalence of sexually transmitted and blood-borne infections amongst the inmates of a district jail in Northern India. Int J STD AIDS. 1999;10:475-8 pubmed..1.3% of the subjects were HIV-1 positive, while 11.1% men and 22.2% women were positive for HBsAg. These results indicate a high prevalence of sexually transmitted and blood-borne infections in the studied area. ..
- Banerjee U, Datta K, Majumdar T, Gupta K. Cryptococcosis in India: the awakening of a giant?. Med Mycol. 2001;39:51-67 pubmed..To maintain a high standard in all such endeavours, the establishment of an external quality control system is desirable. ..
- Chattopadhyay R, Sharma A, Srivastava V, Pati S, Sharma S, Das B, et al. Plasmodium falciparum infection elicits both variant-specific and cross-reactive antibodies against variant surface antigens. Infect Immun. 2003;71:597-604 pubmed..Analysis of PfEMP-1 sequences suggests a molecular basis for the observed cross-reactivity. ..
- Bhandari N, Bahl R, Mazumdar S, Martines J, Black R, Bhan M. Effect of community-based promotion of exclusive breastfeeding on diarrhoeal illness and growth: a cluster randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2003;361:1418-23 pubmed..Exclusive breastfeeding is recommended until age 6 months. We assessed the feasibility, effectiveness, and safety of an educational intervention to promote exclusive breastfeeding for this length of time in India...
- Renuka K, Kapil A, Kabra S, Wig N, Das B, Prasad V, et al. Reduced susceptibility to ciprofloxacin and gyra gene mutation in North Indian strains of Salmonella enterica serotype Typhi and serotype Paratyphi A. Microb Drug Resist. 2004;10:146-53 pubmed..Hence, it can increase morbidity and mortality due to delay in appropriate antibiotic treatment...
- Pal P, Rajalakshmi M, Manocha M, Sharma R, Mittal S, Rao D. Semen quality and sperm functional parameters in fertile Indian men. Andrologia. 2006;38:20-5 pubmed..95 +/- 9.15% and 24.95 +/- 7.01%, respectively. A comparison of the results of the present study with earlier published data did not support the contention of a decrease in the semen quality in Indian men. ..
- Dhingra V, Rajpal S, Aggarwal N, Aggarwaln J, Shadab K, Jain S. Adverse drug reactions observed during DOTS. J Commun Dis. 2004;36:251-9 pubmed..Majority of the adverse reactions (67%) were observed within the first four weeks of treatment and only 0.25% of patients treated with DOTS had interruption of treatment for short periods. ..
- Basu R. Smallpox eradication: lessons learnt from a success story. Natl Med J India. 2006;19:33-6 pubmed
- Das S, Baniasadi V, Kapuria V. Association of -308 TNF-alpha promoter polymorphism with type 1 diabetes in North Indians. Int J Immunogenet. 2006;33:411-6 pubmed
- Sharma V, Trilokraj T, Khaitan B, Krishna S. Profile of systemic sclerosis in a tertiary care center in North India. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2006;72:416-20 pubmed..8%. The clinical and immunological profile of systemic sclerosis in North India is similar to that of other ethnic groups except that pigmentary changes are commoner and renal involvement is relatively uncommon. ..
- Chakraborty A, Murthy N, Chintamani C, Bhatnagar D, Mohil R, Sharma P, et al. CYP17 gene polymorphism and its association with high-risk north Indian breast cancer patients. J Hum Genet. 2007;52:159-65 pubmed..160). The present findings suggest that CYP17 A2 allele gene polymorphism might play a significant role in breast cancer development in young Indian women. ..
- Gupta R, Mirdha B, Guleria R, Mohan A, Agarwal S, Kumar L, et al. Improved detection of Pneumocystis jirovecii infection in a tertiary care reference hospital in India. Scand J Infect Dis. 2007;39:571-6 pubmed..7% and 100%, respectively, for microscopy by GMS staining. Thus, our data support the significance of PCR assay for confirming and improving the diagnosis of PcP in high-risk patients. ..
- Gupta R, Sharma S, Das S. Association of TNF-alpha and TNFR1 promoters and 3' UTR region of TNFR2 gene polymorphisms with genetic susceptibility to tobacco-related oral carcinoma in Asian Indians. Oral Oncol. 2008;44:455-63 pubmed publisher..These SNPs may be useful as a marker for high-risk groups among Asian Indians. ..
- Kumta S, Lurie M, Weitzen S, Jerajani H, Gogate A, Row Kavi A, et al. Bisexuality, sexual risk taking, and HIV prevalence among men who have sex with men accessing voluntary counseling and testing services in Mumbai, India. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2010;53:227-33 pubmed publisher..Culturally appropriate interventions that focus on sexual risk behavior and promote condom use among MSM, particularly the bridge population of bisexual men, are needed to slow the urban Indian AIDS epidemic. ..
- Kapoor R, Pati H, Mahapatra M, Monga A. Presence of Essential Hypertension or Diabetes Mellitus Is a Predictor of Intracranial Bleeding in Elderly Patients: A Study of 108 Patients with Isolated Thrombocytopenia from a Single Reference Center. Turk J Haematol. 2015;32:158-62 pubmed publisher..Bu popÃ¼lasyonda gÃ¶rÃ¼len diÄŸer hastalÄ±klar ciddi kanamalarla iliÅŸkilidir, ancak genel kanÄ±nÄ±n aksine dÃ¼ÅŸÃ¼k trombosit deÄŸerleriyle kanama arasÄ±nda herhangi bir iliÅŸkisi yoktur. ..
- Marwaha R, Yenamandra V, Sreenivas V, Sahay R, Baruah M, Desai A, et al. Regional and seasonal variations in ultraviolet B irradiation and vitamin D synthesis in India. Osteoporos Int. 2016;27:1611-1617 pubmed publisher..No increase in the serum 25(OH)D levels was observed following sun exposure in winter, emphasizing the need for vitamin D supplementation during these months. ..
- Kumari M, Ghosh P, Thakur I. Landfill leachate treatment using bacto-algal co-culture: An integrated approach using chemical analyses and toxicological assessment. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2016;128:44-51 pubmed publisher..9 fold and reduction in Olive Tail Moment by 40.6 fold after 10 days of treatment. Results of the study indicate bioremediation and detoxification potency of bacto-algal co-culture for leachate treatment. ..
- Kumar A, Misra S, Kumar P, Sagar R, Prasad K, Pandit A, et al. Association between Endothelial nitric oxide synthase G894T gene polymorphism and risk of ischemic stroke in North Indian population: a case-control study. Neurol Res. 2016;38:575-9 pubmed publisher..Further large prospective studies are required to confirm these findings. ..
- Khan T, Laul P, Laul A, Ramzan M. Prognostic factors of maternal near miss events and maternal deaths in a tertiary healthcare facility in India. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2017;138:171-176 pubmed publisher..Anemia and infection were significant prognostic factors of maternal death in the present study. MNM could be used as surrogate for maternal death in the provision of standard obstetric care. ..
- Chadha D, Gupta N, Goel K, Pandey R, Kondal D, Ganjoo R, et al. Impact of obesity on the left ventricular functions and morphology of healthy Asian Indians. Metab Syndr Relat Disord. 2009;7:151-8 pubmed publisher..Asian Indians with uncomplicated obesity (without associated co-morbidities) had significant morphological and functional cardiac dysfunction (systolic and diastolic), which correlated with anthropometric variables. ..
- Sodhi P, Ratan S. Submandibular lymph node enlargement due to cysticercosis infestation. Scand J Infect Dis. 2004;36:227-9 pubmed..The case underlines the potential of fine needle aspiration cytology for establishing diagnosis in patients having enlarged lymph nodes. ..
- Reddy K, Perry C, Stigler M, Arora M. Differences in tobacco use among young people in urban India by sex, socioeconomic status, age, and school grade: assessment of baseline survey data. Lancet. 2006;367:589-94 pubmed..The finding that sixth-grade students use significantly more tobacco than eighth-grade students is unusual, and might indicate a new wave of increased tobacco use in urban India that warrants confirmation and early intervention. ..
- Joshy L, Chaudhry R, Dhawan B, Kumar L, Das B. Incidence and characterization of Clostridium perfringens isolated from antibiotic-associated diarrhoeal patients: a prospective study in an Indian hospital. J Hosp Infect. 2006;63:323-9 pubmed..6%. Toxin typing showed that all the isolates belonged to type A. To conclude, the relatively low incidence of toxigenic C. perfringens suggests that enterotoxigenic C. perfringens is not a major cause of AAD in this population. ..
- Salotra P, Singh R. Challenges in the diagnosis of post kala-azar dermal leishmaniasis. Indian J Med Res. 2006;123:295-310 pubmed..Diagnosis of PKDL presents a challenge due to low parasite burden in the lesions. In this article we have reviewed the recent advances in the development of immunological and molecular methods for diagnosis of PKDL. ..
- Sharma V, Khandpur S. Efficacy of pulsed dye laser in facial port-wine stains in Indian patients. Dermatol Surg. 2007;33:560-6 pubmed..Seven patients developed hyperpigmentation while 1 patient showed hypopigmentation, but none had textural change or scarring. PDL offers significant cosmetic improvement in facial PWS in Indian patients. ..
- Rani R, Marcos C, Lazaro A, Zhang Y, Stastny P. Molecular diversity of HLA-A, -B and -C alleles in a North Indian population as determined by PCR-SSOP. Int J Immunogenet. 2007;34:201-8 pubmed
- Ahmad F, Kannan M, Ranjan R, Bajaj J, Choudhary V, Saxena R. Inherited platelet function disorders versus other inherited bleeding disorders: an Indian overview. Thromb Res. 2008;121:835-41 pubmed..0%). It has been concluded that the prevalence of PFDs is relatively low as compared to coagulation factors related disorder and also it has been established that type-1 VWD is relatively less frequent in India as compared to the West. ..
- Kumar D, Kulshrestha A, Singh R, Salotra P. In vitro susceptibility of field isolates of Leishmania donovani to Miltefosine and amphotericin B: correlation with sodium antimony gluconate susceptibility and implications for treatment in areas of endemicity. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2009;53:835-8 pubmed publisher..The results of gene expression analysis of LdMT and LdRos3 were suggestive of alternate mechanisms of Miltefosine susceptibility in the isolates. ..
- Singh A, Kapur S, Chattopadhyay I, Purkayastha J, Sharma J, Mishra A, et al. Cytokeratin immunoexpression in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma of high-risk population in Northeast India. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2009;17:419-24 pubmed publisher..CK5 and CK8 expression was altered in the high-risk population. The significance of these differences is unclear, but suggests a connection to the etiologic factors. ..
- Singh A, Kumar R, Mishra C, Khera A, Srivastava A. Moving from Survival to Healthy Survival through Child Health Screening and Early Intervention Services Under Rashtriya Bal Swasthya Karyakram (RBSK). Indian J Pediatr. 2015;82:1012-8 pubmed publisher..17.7 lakh children were referred to tertiary centers and 6.2 lakh availed tertiary care. 50.7 lakhs were found positive for 4Ds; 1.35 lakhs were birth defects. RBSK is a step towards universal health care for free assured services. ..
- Manickam P, Mehendale S, Nagaraju B, Katoch K, Jamesh A, Kutaiyan R, et al. International open trial of uniform multidrug therapy regimen for leprosy patients: Findings & implications for national leprosy programmes. Indian J Med Res. 2016;144:525-535 pubmed publisher..We observed low relapse, minimal ADR and other adverse clinical events. Clofazimine-related pigmentation was acceptable. Evidence supports introduction of U-MDT in national leprosy programmes. [CTRI No: 2012/ 05/ 002696]. ..
- Khan S, Kakati S, Dutta P, Chowdhury P, Borah J, Topno R, et al. Immunogenicity & safety of a single dose of live-attenuated Japanese encephalitis vaccine SA 14-14-2 in adults. Indian J Med Res. 2016;144:886-892 pubmed publisher..Further study is required to find out long term protective efficacy of this vaccine. ..
- Mukherjee P, Vishnubhatla S, Amarapurkar D, Das K, Sood A, Chawla Y, et al. Etiology and mode of presentation of chronic liver diseases in India: A multi centric study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0187033 pubmed publisher..11·7% had diabetes. Observations of our study will help guide a contextually relevant liver care policy for India and could serve as a framework for similar endeavor in other developing countries as well...
- Jain A, Kar P, Madan K, Das U, Budhiraja S, Gopalkrishna V, et al. Hepatitis C virus infection in sporadic fulminant viral hepatitis in North India: cause or co-factor?. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 1999;11:1231-7 pubmed..Our study also suggests that the length of the icterus-encephalopathy period may not have significant prognostic implications in Indian patients with FH. ..
- Singh K, Ahluwalia G, Sharma S, Saxena R, Chaudhary V, Anant M. Significance of haematological manifestations in patients with tuberculosis. J Assoc Physicians India. 2001;49:788, 790-4 pubmed
- Nidhi -, Jayaraman G. Air quality and respiratory health in Delhi. Environ Monit Assess. 2007;135:313-25 pubmed..10; CI: 1.09-1.12) and northern regions (RR: 1.33; CI: 1.27-1.39), both mixed use areas. In spite of the improvement in the air quality, the associated health effects were found to be substantial. ..
- Kumar V, Ramesh P, Lodha R, Pandey R, Kabra S. Montelukast vs. inhaled low-dose budesonide as monotherapy in the treatment of mild persistent asthma: a randomized double blind controlled trial. J Trop Pediatr. 2007;53:325-30 pubmed..Montelukast may be used as an alternative to low dose inhaled corticosteroids for management of mild persistent asthma. ..
- Daniel E, Masilamani R, Rahman M. The effect of community-based reproductive health communication interventions on contraceptive use among young married couples in Bihar, India. Int Fam Plan Perspect. 2008;34:189-97 pubmed publisher..6-3.0). Culturally appropriate, community-based communication programs that target youth and those who influence their decisions can create demand for contraception among young couples and lead to increased contraceptive use. ..
- Kaul U, Dua A, Sethi A, Arambam P, Seth A. Comparison of anti-thrombotic strategies using Bivalirudin, Heparin plus Glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitors and Unfractionated Heparin Monotherapy for patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention - A single centre observational study. Indian Heart J. 2015;67:311-7 pubmed publisher..Bivalirudin can be safely adopted into our Institutional protocol for the treatment of high risk PCI such as STEMI, ACS, and Complex elective PCI. ..
- Gopinath N, Chadha S, Jain P, Shekhawat S, Tandon R. An epidemiological study of coronary heart disease in different ethnic groups in Delhi urban population. J Assoc Physicians India. 1995;43:30-3 pubmed..8) than in women (85.2). The wide variations in prevalence rates of CHD in different ethnic groups cannot be explained satisfactorily on the basis of conventional risk factors and support the multifactorial etiological character of CHD. ..
- Ramesh V, Misra R, Beena K, Mukherjee A. A study of cutaneous tuberculosis in children. Pediatr Dermatol. 1999;16:264-9 pubmed..Irregular therapy or late diagnosis leading to serious complications, inadequate parental or community support, and lack of awareness among practitioners are the problems to be remedied...
- Banerjee K, Hlady W, Andrus J, Sarkar S, Fitzsimmons J, Abeykoon P. Poliomyelitis surveillance: the model used in India for polio eradication. Bull World Health Organ. 2000;78:321-9 pubmed..In order to achieve polio eradication in India during 2000, extra national immunization days and house-to-house mopping-up rounds should be organized. ..
- Sharma S. Menstrual dysfunction in non-genital tuberculosis. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2002;79:245-7 pubmed
- Vats V, Yadav S, Grover J. Ethanolic extract of Ocimum sanctum leaves partially attenuates streptozotocin-induced alterations in glycogen content and carbohydrate metabolism in rats. J Ethnopharmacol. 2004;90:155-60 pubmed..OS did not affect glycogen content in any tissue. Activity of HK, GK and PFK in diabetic controls was 35, 50 and 60% of the controls and OS partially corrected this alteration. ..
- Chakraborty P, Kailash U, Jain A, Goyal R, Gupta R, Das B, et al. Seroprevalence of hepatitis D virus in patients with hepatitis B virus-related liver diseases. Indian J Med Res. 2005;122:254-7 pubmed
- Toteja G, Mukherjee A, Diwakar S, Singh P, Saxena B, Sinha K, et al. Aflatoxin B(1) contamination of parboiled rice samples collected from different states of India: A multi-centre study. Food Addit Contam. 2006;23:411-4 pubmed..4%) and urban (14.5%) data. A median value of 15 microg kg(-1) of aflatoxin B(1) was observed in samples from Assam, Bihar and Tripura. In all other states surveyed the median value was <5 microg?kg(-1). ..
- Hussain Z, Husain S, Pasha S, Anand R, Chand A, Polipalli S, et al. Does mutation of hepatitis A virus exist in North India?. Dig Dis Sci. 2008;53:506-10 pubmed..However a large study from different geographical locations is needed to achieve a logical conclusion about the existence of HAV mutation in the Indian population. ..
- Bhatla N, Mukhopadhyay A, Kriplani A, Pandey R, Gravitt P, Shah K, et al. Evaluation of adjunctive tests for cervical cancer screening in low resource settings. Indian J Cancer. 2007;44:51-5 pubmed..Adjunctive testing may overcome this drawback...
- Ramachandran P. Poverty nutrition linkages. Indian J Med Res. 2007;126:249-61 pubmed..Some aspects of the rapidly changing, complex relationship between economic status, poverty, dietary intake, nutritional and health status are explored in this review. ..
- Mohanty S, Xess I, Hasan F, Kapil A, Mittal S, Tolosa J. Prevalence & susceptibility to fluconazole of Candida species causing vulvovaginitis. Indian J Med Res. 2007;126:216-9 pubmed..This study was carried out to determine the species prevalence and susceptibility pattern to fluconazole of yeasts isolated from the vagina of symptomatic women...
- Ray S, Khillare P, Agarwal T, Shridhar V. Assessment of PAHs in soil around the International Airport in Delhi, India. J Hazard Mater. 2008;156:9-16 pubmed publisher..Predominance of pyrene was observed in the airport soil. Factor analysis and isomer pair ratios suggest pyrogenic origin of PAHs in the study area. ..
- Bala M, Ray K, Gupta S. Antimicrobial resistance pattern of Neisseria gonorrhoeae isolates from peripheral health centres and STD clinic attendees of a tertiary care centre in India. Int J STD AIDS. 2008;19:378-80 pubmed publisher..gonorrhoeae in different population subgroups in order to monitor the spread of multiresistant strains and to update the national treatment recommendations. ..
- Irshad M, Singh S, Irshad K, Agarwal S, Joshi Y. Torque teno virus: its prevalence and isotypes in North India. World J Gastroenterol. 2008;14:6044-51 pubmed..The pathogenicity and etiological role of TTV in different diseases is still a question mark and warrant further studies. ..
- Ramakrishnan S, Kothari S, Juneja R, Bhargava B, Saxena A, Bahl V. Prevalence of rheumatic heart disease: has it declined in India?. Natl Med J India. 2009;22:72-4 pubmed..However, the cumulative burden of the disease remains high, and sustained efforts for the prevention of rheumatic heart disease are warranted. ..
- Khan F, Ali S, Ganie B, Rubab I. Immunopotentiating effect of Khamira Marwarid, an herbo-mineral preparation. Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol. 2009;31:513-22 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results suggest an immunostimulatory effect for KM through a mechanism leading to a Th1-dominant immune state. ..
- Sinha P, Kumar T, Singh N, Saha R. Seasonal variation of blood pressure in normotensive females aged 18 to 40 years in an urban slum of Delhi, India. Asia Pac J Public Health. 2010;22:134-45 pubmed publisher..05). There was significant increase in SBP/DBP during winter compared with summer. This seasonal factor should be considered while evaluating individual blood pressure and comparing community studies. ..
- Kalaivani K. Prevalence & consequences of anaemia in pregnancy. Indian J Med Res. 2009;130:627-33 pubmed..Early detection and effective management of anaemia in pregnancy can lead to substantial reduction in undernutrition in childhood, adolescence and improvement in adult height. ..
- Vats A, Gourie Devi M, Verma M, Ramachandran S, Taneja B, Kukreti R, et al. Identification of L84F mutation with a novel nucleotide change c.255Gâ€‰>â€‰T in the superoxide dismutase gene in a North Indian family with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Amyotroph Lateral Scler Frontotemporal Degener. 2016;17:253-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this is the first report of mutation in SOD1 associated with FALS in India. Structural perturbations in L84F SOD1 may cause dimer destabilization, with decreased metal affinity leading to oligomerization. ..
- Sidiq Z, Hanif M, Chopra K, Khanna A, Ahmad V, Vashistha H, et al. Random blinded rechecking of AFB smears in a pilot project at an intermediate reference laboratory. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2016;20:252-6 pubmed publisher..3%), 17/150 (11.3%) and 15/150 (10.0%). Greater stringency in the supervision of random blinded rechecking at the district level is essential to make smear rechecking more efficient and effective. ..
- Shen J, Kondal D, Rubinstein A, Irazola V, Gutierrez L, Miranda J, et al. A Multiethnic Study of Pre-Diabetes and Diabetes in LMIC. Glob Heart. 2016;11:61-70 pubmed publisher..Health systems and policy makers must make concerted efforts to improve diabetes prevention, detection, and control to prevent long-term consequences. ..
- Sharma P, Gupta N, Chowdhury M, Sapra S, Ghosh M, Gulati S, et al. Application of chromosomal microarrays in the evaluation of intellectual disability/global developmental delay patients - A study from a tertiary care genetic centre in India. Gene. 2016;590:109-19 pubmed publisher..Identifying pathogenic CNVs helps in counseling and prenatal diagnosis if desired. ..
- Gulati S, Misra A, Tiwari R, Sharma M, Pandey R, Yadav C. Effect of high-protein meal replacement on weight and cardiometabolic profile in overweight/obese Asian Indians in North India. Br J Nutr. 2017;117:1531-1540 pubmed publisher..These findings show that intervention with HPMR may lead to significant weight loss and improvement in obesity measures, metabolic, lipid and inflammatory parameters and hepatic transaminases in overweight/obese Asian Indians. ..