Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on dna helicases in New Delhi, NCT, India
Locale: New Delhi, NCT, India
Topic: dna helicases
- Soni R, Mehra P, Choudhury N, Mukhopadhyay G, Dhar S. Functional characterization of Helicobacter pylori DnaB helicase. Nucleic Acids Res. 2003;31:6828-40 pubmed..It is possible that a functional DnaC homolog is present in H.pylori. The complete characterization of H.pylori DnaB helicase will also help the comparative analysis of DnaB helicases among bacteria. ..
- Singh D, Malik P, Choudhury N, Mukherjee S. MYMIV replication initiator protein (Rep): roles at the initiation and elongation steps of MYMIV DNA replication. Virology. 2008;380:75-83 pubmed publisher..The implication of these findings on the initiation and elongation stages of MYMIV DNA replication has been discussed. ..
- Ahmad M, Tuteja R. Plasmodium falciparum RuvB2 translocates in 5'-3' direction, relocalizes during schizont stage and its enzymatic activities are up regulated by RuvB3 of the same complex. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1834:2795-811 pubmed publisher..As PfRuvB3 is specific to intraerythrocytic mitosis so we interpret that PfPuvB3 interacts with PfRuvB2 during schizont/intraerythrocytic mitosis and acts as its modulator mainly for the appreciable helicase activity...
- Ahmad M, Ansari A, Tarique M, Satsangi A, Tuteja R. Plasmodium falciparum UvrD helicase translocates in 3' to 5' direction, colocalizes with MLH and modulates its activity through physical interaction. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49385 pubmed publisher..These studies will make an important contribution in understanding the nucleic acid transaction in the malaria parasite. ..
- Dang H, Tran N, Tuteja R, Tuteja N. Promoter of a salinity and cold stress-induced MCM6 DNA helicase from pea. Plant Signal Behav. 2011;6:1006-8 pubmed..Here we report the promoter of the pea MCM6 single subunit that contains stress responsive elements which may be responsible for regulating the MCM6 under abiotic stress conditions. ..
- Srivastava V, Modi P, Tripathi V, Mudgal R, De S, Sengupta S. BLM helicase stimulates the ATPase and chromatin-remodeling activities of RAD54. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:3093-103 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that apart from its dominant function as an anti-recombinogenic protein, BLM also has a transient pro-recombinogenic function by enhancing the activity of RAD54. ..
- Kaliappan K, Choudhury N, Suyal G, Mukherjee S. A novel role for RAD54: this host protein modulates geminiviral DNA replication. FASEB J. 2012;26:1142-60 pubmed publisher..However, this study demonstrates for the first time that the eukaryotic rolling-circle replicon depends on the RAD54 protein. ..
- Tuteja N, Tuteja R. Unraveling DNA repair in human: molecular mechanisms and consequences of repair defect. Crit Rev Biochem Mol Biol. 2001;36:261-90 pubmed..This review describes the biochemistry of various repair processes and summarizes the clinical features and molecular mechanisms underlying these disorders...
- Soni R, Mehra P, Mukhopadhyay G, Dhar S. Helicobacter pylori DnaB helicase can bypass Escherichia coli DnaC function in vivo. Biochem J. 2005;389:541-8 pubmed publisher..Using two different E. coli dnaC (EcdnaC) temperature-sensitive mutant strains, we report here the complementation of EcDnaC function by HpDnaB in vivo. These observations strongly suggest that HpDnaB can bypass EcDnaC activity in vivo...
- Tran N, Pham X, Tuteja R, Tuteja N. Inhibition of unwinding and ATPase activities of pea MCM6 DNA helicase by actinomycin and nogalamycin. Plant Signal Behav. 2011;6:327-9 pubmed..This study could be useful in our better understanding of the mechanism of plant nuclear DNA helicase unwinding. ..
- Tripathi V, Kaur S, Sengupta S. Phosphorylation-dependent interactions of BLM and 53BP1 are required for their anti-recombinogenic roles during homologous recombination. Carcinogenesis. 2008;29:52-61 pubmed..These results provide evidence that the phosphorylation-mediated interactions between BLM, 53BP1 and RAD51 are required for their regulatory roles during homologous recombination. ..
- Ahmad M, Tuteja R. Plasmodium falciparum RuvB1 is an active DNA helicase and translocates in the 5'-3' direction. Gene. 2013;515:99-109 pubmed publisher..falciparum and localizes mainly to the nucleus. These studies will make important contribution in understanding the role of RuvB protein in P. falciparum. ..
- Singh D, Islam M, Choudhury N, Karjee S, Mukherjee S. The 32 kDa subunit of replication protein A (RPA) participates in the DNA replication of Mung bean yellow mosaic India virus (MYMIV) by interacting with the viral Rep protein. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:755-70 pubmed..Finally, we showed the positive involvement of RPA32 in transient replication of the plasmid DNA bearing MYMIV replication origin using an in planta based assay...
- Sharma T, Bansal R, Haokip D, Goel I, Muthuswami R. SMARCAL1 Negatively Regulates C-Myc Transcription By Altering The Conformation Of The Promoter Region. Sci Rep. 2015;5:17910 pubmed publisher..The energy, thereby, released is harnessed to alter the conformation of the promoter DNA. We propose that SMARCAL1 negatively regulates c-myc transcription by altering the conformation of its promoter region during differentiation. ..
- Gupta A, Mehra P, Nitharwal R, Sharma A, Biswas A, Dhar S. Analogous expression pattern of Plasmodium falciparum replication initiation proteins PfMCM4 and PfORC1 during the asexual and sexual stages of intraerythrocytic developmental cycle. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2006;261:12-8 pubmed..These results expand our knowledge on these proteins and resolves discrepancies arising from previous studies with respect to the expression pattern of replication initiation proteins during the parasite's life cycle. ..
- Tuteja R, Malhotra P, Song P, Tuteja N, Chauhan V. Isolation and characterization of an eIF-4A homologue from Plasmodium cynomolgi. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2002;124:79-83 pubmed
- Pant V, Gupta D, Choudhury N, Malathi V, Varma A, Mukherjee S. Molecular characterization of the Rep protein of the blackgram isolate of Indian mungbean yellow mosaic virus. J Gen Virol. 2001;82:2559-67 pubmed publisher..The Rep protein can be classified as a type-I topoisomerase because of its nicking activity and sensitivity towards camptothecin, a topoisomerase type-I inhibitor...
- De S, Kumari J, Mudgal R, Modi P, Gupta S, Futami K, et al. RECQL4 is essential for the transport of p53 to mitochondria in normal human cells in the absence of exogenous stress. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:2509-22 pubmed publisher..Thus these findings elucidate the mechanism by which p53 is regulated by RECQL4 in unstressed normal cells and also delineates the mitochondrial functions of the helicase. ..
- Pradhan A, Tuteja R. Bipolar, Dual Plasmodium falciparum helicase 45 expressed in the intraerythrocytic developmental cycle is required for parasite growth. J Mol Biol. 2007;373:268-81 pubmed..These studies indicate that PfH45 is an indispensable enzyme that is essential for growth, and probably survival, of P. falciparum. ..
- Tuteja R, Tuteja N. Nucleolin: a multifunctional major nucleolar phosphoprotein. Crit Rev Biochem Mol Biol. 1998;33:407-36 pubmed..In plants it is developmentally, cell-cycle, and light regulated. The regulation of all these functions of a single protein seems to be a challenging puzzle. ..
- Tripathi V, Nagarjuna T, Sengupta S. BLM helicase-dependent and -independent roles of 53BP1 during replication stress-mediated homologous recombination. J Cell Biol. 2007;178:9-14 pubmed..Consequently, loss of BLM and 53BP1 synergistically enhances stress-dependent homologous recombination. These results provide evidence regarding the cooperation between BLM and 53BP1 during maintenance of genomic integrity. ..
- Suyal G, Mukherjee S, Srivastava P, Choudhury N. Arabidopsis thaliana MCM2 plays role(s) in mungbean yellow mosaic India virus (MYMIV) DNA replication. Arch Virol. 2013;158:981-92 pubmed publisher..Our data provide evidence for the involvement of AtMCM2 in geminiviral DNA replication, presumably in conjunction with other host factors, and suggest its importance in MYMIV DNA replication. ..
- Haokip D, Goel I, Arya V, Sharma T, Kumari R, Priya R, et al. Transcriptional Regulation of Atp-Dependent Chromatin Remodeling Factors: Smarcal1 and Brg1 Mutually Co-Regulate Each Other. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20532 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of two ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling factors regulating each other. ..
- Sinha S, Verma S, Chaturvedi M. Differential Expression of SWI/SNF Chromatin Remodeler Subunits Brahma and Brahma-Related Gene During Drug-Induced Liver Injury and Regeneration in Mouse Model. DNA Cell Biol. 2016;35:373-84 pubmed publisher..Considering all these observations, the present study depicts an interplay between chromatin interacting machineries in different phases of thioacetamide-induced liver injury and regeneration. ..