Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Locale: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Publications149 found, 100 shown here
- Kumar B, Deepika A, Makesh M, Purushothaman C, Rajendran K. Production and characterization of monoclonal antibodies to the hemocytes of mud crab, Scylla serrata. J Invertebr Pathol. 2012;111:86-9 pubmed publisher..The MAbs also showed strong cross-reactivity with the hemocytes of different crab species but not with other crustaceans. The MAbs produced can be used as a marker for granular hemocytes of crabs. ..
- Suseelan K, Sainis K, Mitra R. Characterization and biological activities of Chenopodium leaf hemagglutinin (CLH). Indian J Biochem Biophys. 2001;38:193-8 pubmed..CLH inhibited protein synthesis in rat thymocytes at high concentration. CLH did not inhibit TMV infection of leaves indicating absence of antiviral properties...
- Gokhale A, Damre A, Saraf M. Investigations into the immunomodulatory activity of Argyreia speciosa. J Ethnopharmacol. 2003;84:109-14 pubmed..The present investigation reveals that ASEE possesses immunomodulatory activity. ..
- Save M, Shetty V, Shetty K. Hypophosphorylation of NF-H and NF-M subunits of neurofilaments and the associated decrease in KSPXK kinase activity in the sciatic nerves of swiss white mice inoculated in the foot pad with mycobacterium leprae. Lepr Rev. 2009;80:388-401 pubmed..leprae. The hypophosphorylation of NF observed in this study corroborates with the earlier observations in human leprous nerves. ..
- Dang G, Parekar R, Kamat S, Scindia A, Rege N. Antiinflammatory activity of Phyllanthus emblica, Plumbago zeylanica and Cyperus rotundus in acute models of inflammation. Phytother Res. 2011;25:904-8 pubmed publisher..05), however, only Pe + Pz exhibited activity comparable to aspirin. ..
- Khan S, Jadhav S, Suryawanshi A, Bhonde G, Gajbhiye R, Khole V. Evaluation of contraceptive potential of a novel epididymal sperm protein SFP2 in a mouse model. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2011;66:185-98 pubmed publisher..These data provide an experimental basis for the development of effective contraceptive vaccine based on new epididymal target. ..
- Shankar B, Kumar S, Sainis K. Generation of reactive oxygen species and radiation response in lymphocytes and tumor cells. Radiat Res. 2003;160:478-87 pubmed..Thus the intrinsic radioresistance of tumor cells may be due to a decreased generation of reactive oxygen species after irradiation and down-regulation of the subsequent events leading to apoptosis. ..
- Kotnis M, Patel P, Menon S, Sane R. Renoprotective effect of Hemidesmus indicus, a herbal drug used in gentamicin-induced renal toxicity. Nephrology (Carlton). 2004;9:142-52 pubmed..A histological examination of kidneys also supports the findings from haematological evaluations. The plant shows promise as an adjunct therapy along side aminoglycosides as it reduces nephrotoxicity caused by aminoglycosides. ..
- Remedios R, Subramanian L, Tole S. LIM genes parcellate the embryonic amygdala and regulate its development. J Neurosci. 2004;24:6986-90 pubmed..The combinatorial expression patterns of LIM genes suggest a comprehensive mechanism for patterning this structure. ..
- Maurya D, Salvi V, Krishnan Nair C. Radioprotection of normal tissues in tumor-bearing mice by troxerutin. J Radiat Res. 2004;45:221-8 pubmed..The results revealed that troxerutin could preferentially protect normal tissues against radiation-induced damages in tumor-bearing animals. ..
- Gandhi N, Maurya D, Salvi V, Kapoor S, Mukherjee T, Nair C. Radioprotection of DNA by glycyrrhizic acid through scavenging free radicals. J Radiat Res. 2004;45:461-8 pubmed..The rate constants for the reaction of glycyrrhizic acid with OH* and e(aq)- are 1.2 x 10(10 ) M(-1) s(-1) and 3.9 x 10(9 ) M(-1) s(-1), respectively. ..
- Kelkar R, Meherji P, Kadam S, Gupta S, Nandedkar T. Circulating auto-antibodies against the zona pellucida and thyroid microsomal antigen in women with premature ovarian failure. J Reprod Immunol. 2005;66:53-67 pubmed..Our results thus suggest that ZP is an important ovarian antigen in autoimmune POF. ..
- Nair A, Vaidya V. Cyclic AMP response element binding protein and brain-derived neurotrophic factor: molecules that modulate our mood?. J Biosci. 2006;31:423-34 pubmed..The purpose of this review is to discuss the role of CREB and BDNF in depression and as targets/mediators of antidepressant action. ..
- Sharma D, Kumar S, Raghu R, Khanam S, Sainis K. Differential modulation of mitogen driven proliferation and homeostasis driven proliferation of T cells by rapamycin, Ly294002 and chlorophyllin. Mol Immunol. 2007;44:2831-40 pubmed..Thus, the present study, for the first time, shows a non-essential role of mTOR and PI3kinase during HDP of CD4+ T cells and also describes its possible regulation by an antioxidant. ..
- Kunwar A, Narang H, Priyadarsini K, Krishna M, Pandey R, Sainis K. Delayed activation of PKCdelta and NFkappaB and higher radioprotection in splenic lymphocytes by copper (II)-Curcumin (1:1) complex as compared to curcumin. J Cell Biochem. 2007;102:1214-24 pubmed..The delayed effect of the complex along with the fact that it is a better free radical scavenger must be the reason for its better efficacy. The complex was also found to be less cytotoxic then curcumin at similar concentration. ..
- Kunwar A, Mishra B, Barik A, Kumbhare L, Pandey R, Jain V, et al. 3,3'-diselenodipropionic acid, an efficient peroxyl radical scavenger and a GPx mimic, protects erythrocytes (RBCs) from AAPH-induced hemolysis. Chem Res Toxicol. 2007;20:1482-7 pubmed..These results when compared with two well-known selenium compounds, sodium selenite and ebselen, indicated that DSePA, although it shows lesser GPx activity, has higher free radical scavenging ability and lesser toxicity. ..
- Mangale V, Hirokawa K, Satyaki P, Gokulchandran N, Chikbire S, Subramanian L, et al. Lhx2 selector activity specifies cortical identity and suppresses hippocampal organizer fate. Science. 2008;319:304-9 pubmed publisher..In addition to providing functional evidence for Lhx2 selector activity, these findings show that the cortical hem is a hippocampal organizer. ..
- Mangale S, Modi D, Reddy K. Identification of genes regulated by an interaction between alphavbeta3 integrin and vitronectin in murine decidua. Reprod Fertil Dev. 2008;20:311-9 pubmed..Signalling through alpha(v)beta(3) seems to be important to maintain a balance between cell proliferation and apoptosis, along with the modulation of inflammatory responses of decidual cells. ..
- Checker R, Sharma D, Sandur S, Khanam S, Poduval T. Anti-inflammatory effects of plumbagin are mediated by inhibition of NF-kappaB activation in lymphocytes. Int Immunopharmacol. 2009;9:949-58 pubmed publisher..Further, plumbagin prevented Graft Versus Host Disease-induced mortality in mice. To our knowledge this is the first report showing the immunomodulatory effects of plumbagin in lymphocytes via modulation of NF-kappaB activation...
- Khan S, Suryawanshi A, Ranpura S, Jadhav S, Khole V. Identification of novel immunodominant epididymal sperm proteins using combinatorial approach. Reproduction. 2009;138:81-93 pubmed publisher..These data are a useful repository, which could be exploited to develop targets for post-testicular immunocontraception or biomarkers for infertility diagnosis and management. ..
- Menon V, Bhat S. Anticancer activity of andrographolide semisynthetic derivatives. Nat Prod Commun. 2010;5:717-20 pubmed..Amongst the derivatives tested, compounds 3-5 displayed maximum activity, with IC50 values of 22-31 microg/mL. ..
- Ramachandran D, Roy U, Garg S, Ghosh S, Pathak S, Kolthur Seetharam U. Sirt1 and mir-9 expression is regulated during glucose-stimulated insulin secretion in pancreatic β-islets. FEBS J. 2011;278:1167-74 pubmed publisher..This functional interplay between insulin secretion, mir-9 and Sirt1 expression could be relevant in diabetes. It also highlights the crosstalk between an NAD-dependent protein deacetylase and microRNA in pancreatic β-cells. ..
- Manohar S, Padgaonkar A, Jalota Badhwar A, Sonawane V, Rathos M, Kumar S, et al. A novel inhibitor of hypoxia-inducible factor-1? P3155 also modulates PI3K pathway and inhibits growth of prostate cancer cells. BMC Cancer. 2011;11:338 pubmed publisher..We have identified a novel HIF-1? inhibitor P3155 that also modulates PI3K/Akt pathway, which may contribute to its significant in vitro and in vivo antitumor activity. ..
- Shirsath N, Manohar S, Joshi K. P276-00, a cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor, modulates cell cycle and induces apoptosis in vitro and in vivo in mantle cell lymphoma cell lines. Mol Cancer. 2012;11:77 pubmed publisher..Our studies thus provide evidence and rational that P276-00 alone or in combination is a potential therapeutic molecule to improve patients' outcome in mantle cell lymphoma. ..
- Rai A, Rai A, Ramaiya A, Jha R, Mallik R. Molecular adaptations allow dynein to generate large collective forces inside cells. Cell. 2013;152:172-82 pubmed publisher..Dynein therefore appears uniquely adapted to work in large teams, which may explain how this motor executes bewilderingly diverse cellular processes...
- Priyanka J, Hingorani L, Nilima K. Pharmacodynamic evaluation for antiplasmodial activity of Holarrhena antidysentrica (Kutaja) and Azadirachta indica (Neemb) in Plasmodium berghei infected mice model. Asian Pac J Trop Med. 2013;6:520-4 pubmed publisher..The present investigation demonstrated the anti-plasmodial effects of H. antidysentrica and A. indica, which are two most commonly used medicinal plants in Ayurved for treatment of fever. ..
- Ponnurangam S, Dandawate P, Dhar A, Tawfik O, Parab R, Mishra P, et al. Quinomycin A targets Notch signaling pathway in pancreatic cancer stem cells. Oncotarget. 2016;7:3217-32 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that Quinomycin is a potent inhibitor of pancreatic cancer that targets the stem cells by inhibiting Notch signaling proteins. ..
- Muralidharan B, Keruzore M, Pradhan S, Roy B, Shetty A, Kinare V, et al. Dmrt5, a Novel Neurogenic Factor, Reciprocally Regulates Lhx2 to Control the Neuron-Glia Cell-Fate Switch in the Developing Hippocampus. J Neurosci. 2017;37:11245-11254 pubmed publisher..Our findings uncover a complex network that involves Lhx2, Dmrt5, Neurog2, and Pax6, and that ensures the appropriate amount and timing of neurogenesis and gliogenesis in the developing hippocampus. ..
- Bhowmick I, Kumar N, Sharma S, Coppens I, Jarori G. Plasmodium falciparum enolase: stage-specific expression and sub-cellular localization. Malar J. 2009;8:179 pubmed publisher..For instance, enolase localized on the merozoite surface may be involved in red blood cell invasion; vacuolar enolase may be involved in food vacuole formation and/or development; nuclear enolase may play a role in transcription...
- Chandanshive B, Rai P, Rossi A, Ersen O, Khushalani D. Synthesis of hydroxyapatite nanotubes for biomedical applications. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013;33:2981-6 pubmed publisher..30 nm. Moreover these tubes had a large BET surface area of 115 m(2)/g and were found to be biocompatible. They displayed inertness in the presence of NIH 3T3 mouse fibroblast cells as dictated by an MTT assay. ..
- Varadkar P, Krishna M, Verma N. Dose-dependent differential expression of protein kinase C isozymes in mouse lymphocytes after gamma irradiation in vivo and ex vivo. Radiat Res. 2003;159:453-7 pubmed..Moreover, the differences between the response of a single cell and that of the whole animal must be considered. ..
- Vyas A, Saha B, Lai E, Tole S. Paleocortex is specified in mice in which dorsal telencephalic patterning is severely disrupted. J Comp Neurol. 2003;466:545-53 pubmed..Furthermore, our in vitro data reveal that, if mechanisms outside the lateral telencephalon are involved in the specification of the paleocortex, they must act extremely early, prior to E10.5. ..
- Rathee J, Patro B, Mula S, Gamre S, Chattopadhyay S. Antioxidant activity of piper betel leaf extract and its constituents. J Agric Food Chem. 2006;54:9046-54 pubmed..OH radical scavenging capacities. The better ability of APC to scavenge O2-. radicals and H2O2 might account for the results. ..
- Shah A, Wakade A, Juvekar A. Immunomodulatory activity of methanolic extract of Murraya koenigii (L) Spreng. leaves. Indian J Exp Biol. 2008;46:505-9 pubmed..Present study thus reveals that the extract holds promise as immunomodulatory agent, which acts by stimulating humoral immunity and phagocytic function...
- Raghu R, Sharma D, Ramakrishnan R, Khanam S, Chintalwar G, Sainis K. Molecular events in the activation of B cells and macrophages by a non-microbial TLR4 agonist, G1-4A from Tinospora cordifolia. Immunol Lett. 2009;123:60-71 pubmed publisher..Thus the present understanding of the molecular mechanism of action of G1-4A, a novel non-microbial TLR4 agonist, will pave the way for its application as an immunomodulator and adjuvant...
- Pagar K, Vavia P. Poly[LA-(Glc-Leu)] copolymer as a carrier for ocular delivery of ciprofloxacin: formulation, characterization and in vivo biocompatibility study. Ther Deliv. 2013;4:553-65 pubmed publisher..Poly[LA-(Glc-Leu)] copolymer can be used as an efficient carrier for nanoparticle preparation of ciprofloxacin. ..
- Pandiyaraj K, Kumar A, Ramkumar M, Sachdev A, Gopinath P, Cools P, et al. Influence of non-thermal TiCl4/Ar+O2 plasma-assisted TiOx based coatings on the surface of polypropylene (PP) films for the tailoring of surface properties and cytocompatibility. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2016;62:908-18 pubmed publisher..The in-vitro analysis clearly confirms that the TiOx coated PP films performs as good as the standard tissue culture plates and also are unlikely to impact the bacterial cell viability. ..
- Pandit H, Madhukaran S, Nayak A, Madan T. SP-A and SP-D in host defense against fungal infections and allergies. Front Biosci (Elite Ed). 2012;4:651-61 pubmed..In view of the protective role of SP-D in murine models of Aspergillus fumigatus infections and allergies, therapeutic use of SP-D could be explored further. ..
- Nadkarni B, Kamat V, Khadse B. Synthesis and anthelmintic activity of 3,6-disubstituted-7H-s-triazolo(3,4-b)(1,3,4)thiadiazines. Arzneimittelforschung. 2001;51:569-73 pubmed..These compounds have been studied for their in vivo anthelmintic activity in albino mice. A number of compounds showed promising activity when given by the oral route...
- Joshi S, Shaikh S, Ranpura S, Khole V. Postnatal development and testosterone dependence of a rat epididymal protein identified by neonatal tolerization. Reproduction. 2003;125:495-507 pubmed..The importance of epididymis-specific proteins that are regulated by androgens in sperm maturation is discussed, and the need to ascertain the sequence of the protein and clone the cognate gene is indicated. ..
- Shetty V, Wakade A, Ghate S, Pai V, Ganapati R, Antia N. Viability and drug susceptibility testing of M. leprae using mouse footpad in 37 relapse cases of leprosy. Int J Lepr Other Mycobact Dis. 2003;71:210-7 pubmed..Also, in one case skin and nerve showed that discordance viz: M. leprae derived from skin were resistant to RFP, while those derived from nerve tested sensitive to all three drugs, indicating tissue related difference. ..
- Bapat K, Chintalwar G, Pandey U, Thakur V, Sarma H, Samuel G, et al. Preparation and in vitro evaluation of radioiodinated bakuchiol as an anti tumor agent. Appl Radiat Isot. 2005;62:389-93 pubmed..In both LS-A and barcl-95, 125I-bakuchiol showed significant uptake. Viability studies showed that the radioiodinated compound showed greater cytotoxic effect than bakuchiol. ..
- Chatterjee S, Premachandran S, Bagewadikar R, Bhattacharya S, Chattopadhyay S, Poduval T. Arginine metabolic pathways determine its therapeutic benefit in experimental heatstroke: role of Th1/Th2 cytokine balance. Nitric Oxide. 2006;15:408-16 pubmed..These results suggest that therapeutic administration of L-arg at appropriate concentration and time attenuates the acute inflammatory response, leading to the rescue of mice from heatstroke...
- Mehta M, Sonawat H, Sharma S. Glycolysis in Plasmodium falciparum results in modulation of host enzyme activities. J Vector Borne Dis. 2006;43:95-103 pubmed..The mechanism of inhibition seems to be direct inhibition of the regulatory glycolytic enzymes-PFK and PK. ..
- Lakhina V, Falnikar A, Bhatnagar L, Tole S. Early thalamocortical tract guidance and topographic sorting of thalamic projections requires LIM-homeodomain gene Lhx2. Dev Biol. 2007;306:703-13 pubmed..Furthermore, the absence of Lhx2 in the ventral telencephalon selectively disrupts a subset of thalamic axon topography, indicating a specific rather than a general perturbation of cues in this structure. ..
- Mula S, Banerjee D, Patro B, Bhattacharya S, Barik A, Bandyopadhyay S, et al. Inhibitory property of the Piper betel phenolics against photosensitization-induced biological damages. Bioorg Med Chem. 2008;16:2932-8 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that APC may play an important role in protecting biological systems against damage, by eliminating (1)O(2) generated from certain endogenous photosensitizers. ..
- Kale R, Tayade P, Saraf M, Juvekar A. Molecular encapsulation of thalidomide with sulfobutyl ether-7 beta-cyclodextrin for immediate release property: enhanced in vivo antitumor and antiangiogenesis efficacy in mice. Drug Dev Ind Pharm. 2008;34:149-56 pubmed publisher..The improved pharmacological efficacy of the thalidomide-cyclodextrin complex compared to free thalidomide in mouse melanoma model suggest that such a delivery system may be useful for the improved therapeutics of thalidomide, in vivo. ..
- Dagia N, Kamath D, Bhatt P, Gupte R, Dadarkar S, Fonseca L, et al. A fluorinated analog of ISO-1 blocks the recognition and biological function of MIF and is orally efficacious in a murine model of colitis. Eur J Pharmacol. 2009;607:201-12 pubmed publisher..Compounds (e.g., ISO-F) that block not only the recognition but also the biological function of MIF are potentially attractive for reducing pathological inflammation. ..
- Kulkarni M, Juvekar A. Effect of Alstonia scholaris (Linn.) R. Br. on stress and cognition in mice. Indian J Exp Biol. 2009;47:47-52 pubmed..11% and nitric oxide radical at 62.77%. The present study, thus, provided scientific support for anti-stress (adaptogenic), antioxidant and nootropic activities of methanolic extract of bark of Alstonia scholaris. ..
- Basant A, Rege M, Sharma S, Sonawat H. Alterations in urine, serum and brain metabolomic profiles exhibit sexual dimorphism during malaria disease progression. Malar J. 2010;9:110 pubmed publisher..Additionally, the distinct sexual dimorphism exhibited in these responses has a bearing on the understanding of the pathophysiology of malaria. ..
- Kaviratna A, Banerjee R. Nanovesicle aerosols as surfactant therapy in lung injury. Nanomedicine. 2012;8:665-72 pubmed publisher..The authors demonstrate that novel nanovesicle aerosols of nonlamellar lipids improved the resistance of pulmonary surfactants to inhibition and are promising as a noninvasive aerosol therapy in acute lung injury. ..
- Shegokar R, Singh K. Surface modified nevirapine nanosuspensions for viral reservoir targeting: In vitro and in vivo evaluation. Int J Pharm. 2011;421:341-52 pubmed publisher..Higher MRT values of surface coated nanosuspension in brain, liver and spleen as compared to pure drug solution ensured enhanced bioavailability and prolonged residence of the drug at the target site. ..
- Khan N, Poduval T. Bilirubin augments radiation injury and leads to increased infection and mortality in mice: molecular mechanisms. Free Radic Biol Med. 2012;53:1152-69 pubmed publisher..These findings should prove useful in understanding the potential risk to hyperbilirubinemic patients during radiotherapy and victims of acute radiation exposure in the course of radiation accidents. ..
- Kalekar S, Munshi R, Bhalerao S, Thatte U. Insulin sensitizing effect of 3 Indian medicinal plants: an in vitro study. Indian J Pharmacol. 2013;45:30-3 pubmed publisher..Further studies using other target sites viz. skeletal muscle and hepatocytes models and in an insulin resistant state would help substantiate this conclusion. ..
- Kelkar M, Senthilkumar K, Jadhav S, Gupta S, Ahn B, De A. Enhancement of human sodium iodide symporter gene therapy for breast cancer by HDAC inhibitor mediated transcriptional modulation. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19341 pubmed publisher..Thus, for the first time this study reveals the mechanistic basis and demonstrates functional relevance of HDACi pre-treatment strategy in elevating NIS gene therapy approach for BC management in clinic. ..
- Kate L, Gokarna V, Borhade V, Prabhu P, Deshpande V, Pathak S, et al. Bioavailability enhancement of atovaquone using hot melt extrusion technology. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2016;86:103-14 pubmed publisher..Thus the developed methodology shows promising potential to solve the problems associated with Atovaquone therapy, namely its high cost and poor oral bioavailability, resulting in increased therapeutic efficacy of Atovaquone. ..
- Kale R, Saraf M, Juvekar A, Tayade P. Decreased B16F10 melanoma growth and impaired tumour vascularization in BDF1 mice with quercetin-cyclodextrin binary system. J Pharm Pharmacol. 2006;58:1351-8 pubmed
- Wakade A, Shetty V. Isolation of mycobacterium leprae from untreated borderline tuberculoid, mid-borderline and indeterminate cases using the mouse foot pad technique--a study of 209 cases. Lepr Rev. 2006;77:366-70 pubmed..These results confirm that viable bacilli can be isolated and expanded from a good proportion of negative BT-BB cases using immunocompetent Swiss White mice...
- Patwardhan R, Checker R, Sharma D, Sandur S, Sainis K. Involvement of ERK-Nrf-2 signaling in ionizing radiation induced cell death in normal and tumor cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65929 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals the molecular basis of tumor radioresistance and highlights role of Nrf-2 and ERK. ..
- Tambe R, Jain P, Patil S, Ghumatkar P, Sathaye S. Antiepileptogenic effects of borneol in pentylenetetrazole-induced kindling in mice. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2016;389:467-75 pubmed publisher..The above results are suggestive of the antiepileptogenic potential of borneol in the PTZ-induced kindling model of epilepsy, and thus, it could be a prospective molecule in the treatment of epilepsy. ..
- Sehgal A, Singh N, Chakraborty T, Sharma S. A protective merozoite protein of Plasmodium falciparum shares an epitope with surface antigens of Paramecium. Parasite Immunol. 2004;26:219-27 pubmed..These results point towards Plasmodium Pf9 as a conserved novel protective protein, sharing an epitope with Paramecium surface antigens...
- Jadhav G, Vavia P. Physicochemical, in silico and in vivo evaluation of a danazol-beta-cyclodextrin complex. Int J Pharm. 2008;352:5-16 pubmed..Moreover, in mouse model, danazol-beta-cyclodextrin complex at 51.2mg/kg (equivalent to 400mg human dose) showed 100% anovulation when given orally. ..
- Dange P, Sarma H, Pandey B, Mishra K. Radiation-induced incidence of thymic lymphoma in mice and its prevention by antioxidants. J Environ Pathol Toxicol Oncol. 2007;26:273-9 pubmed..These results have provided significant new findings on the phenomenon of radiation-induced TL incidence related to gender and age at the time of irradiation and its prevention by postirradiation antioxidant feeding to mice. ..
- Sharma S, Pathak S. Malaria vaccine: a current perspective. J Vector Borne Dis. 2008;45:1-20 pubmed..This review collates information on the recent status of the field. Unresolved challenges facing the development of a malaria vaccine are also discussed. ..
- Dharma S, Modi D, Nandedkar T. Gene expression profiling during early folliculogenesis in the mouse ovary. Fertil Steril. 2009;91:2025-36 pubmed publisher..The transition of primordial to primary follicles is associated with the participation of multiple pathways in regulating gene expression. ..
- Wilankar C, Sharma D, Checker R, Khan N, Patwardhan R, Patil A, et al. Role of immunoregulatory transcription factors in differential immunomodulatory effects of tocotrienols. Free Radic Biol Med. 2011;51:129-43 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrated that antioxidants such as tocotrienols may exhibit pleiotropic effects by activating multiple mechanisms in cells. ..
- Sonawat H, Sharma S. Host responses in malaria disease evaluated through nuclear magnetic resonance-based metabonomics. Clin Lab Med. 2012;32:129-42 pubmed publisher..Also the animals that are prone to cerebral malaria have different metabolic status vis-a-vis the ones that do not. Early prediction of susceptibility to cerebral malaria may be explored using such metabonomic methods. ..
- Ghosh S, Sengupta A, Sharma S, Sonawat H. Metabolic fingerprints of serum, brain, and liver are distinct for mice with cerebral and noncerebral malaria: a ¹H NMR spectroscopy-based metabonomic study. J Proteome Res. 2012;11:4992-5004 pubmed publisher..The study helps us to understand the severity of CM over NCM and in unrevealing the specific metabolic pathways that are compromised in CM. ..
- Das S, Basu H, Korde R, Tewari R, Sharma S. Arrest of nuclear division in Plasmodium through blockage of erythrocyte surface exposed ribosomal protein P2. PLoS Pathog. 2012;8:e1002858 pubmed publisher..yoelii and P. berghei. The translocation of the P2 protein to the IE surface is therefore likely to be of fundamental importance in Plasmodium cell division...
- Goswami M, Sharma D, Khan N, Checker R, Sandur S, Jawali N. Antioxidant supplementation enhances bacterial peritonitis in mice by inhibiting phagocytosis. J Med Microbiol. 2014;63:355-66 pubmed publisher..In addition, the present study underlines the importance of timing and context of antioxidant administration rather than indiscriminate usage to gain the best possible therapeutic advantage of these redox compounds. ..
- Gawali N, Chowdhury A, Kothavade P, Bulani V, Nagmoti D, Juvekar A. Involvement of nitric oxide in anticompulsive-like effect of agmatine on marble-burying behaviour in mice. Eur J Pharmacol. 2016;770:165-71 pubmed publisher..None of the above treatment had any significant influence on locomotor activity. In conclusion, Agmatine is effective in ameliorating the compulsive-like behaviour in mice which appears to be related to nitric oxide in brain. ..
- Kadam K, Mande P, Gawas N, Ahire S, Khole L. Autoantibodies to Heat-Shock Protein, HSPA5, and Epitope Spreading: High-Dose Dexamethasone Therapy Rescues Ovarian Function in Experimental Autoimmune Ovarian Insufficiency Mouse Model. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2016;75:580-93 pubmed publisher..We postulate that the shared immunodominant peptide could be included in a peptide array to detect both HSAP5 and HSP90Î² autoantibodies for early diagnosis or prognosis of aPOI and customized glucocorticoid therapy for such subjects. ..
- Indulekha S, Arunkumar P, Bahadur D, Srivastava R. Thermoresponsive polymeric gel as an on-demand transdermal drug delivery system for pain management. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2016;62:113-22 pubmed publisher..The in vivo biocompatibility studies of the CP gel in rat skin proved that the gel is biocompatible. The results obtained demonstrated the potential use of the thermoresponsive CP gel as an on-demand localized drug delivery system. ..
- Huilgol D, Udin S, Shimogori T, Saha B, Roy A, Aizawa S, et al. Dual origins of the mammalian accessory olfactory bulb revealed by an evolutionarily conserved migratory stream. Nat Neurosci. 2013;16:157-65 pubmed publisher..This unusual origin and migration is conserved in Xenopus, providing an insight into the origin of a key component of this system in evolution. ..
- Banerjee S, Das T, Samuel G, Sarma H, Venkatesh M, Pillai M. A novel [186/188Re]-labelled porphyrin for targeted radiotherapy. Nucl Med Commun. 2001;22:1101-7 pubmed..The tumour/blood and tumour/muscle ratios were observed to be 38 and 5, respectively, at 24 h post-injection, thereby indicating a possible therapeutic potential for tumours. ..
- Damre A, Gokhale A, Phadke A, Kulkarni K, Saraf M. Studies on the immunomodulatory activity of flavonoidal fraction of Tephrosia purpurea. Fitoterapia. 2003;74:257-61 pubmed..The results obtained indicate the ability of the flavonoidal fraction of T. purpurea to modulate both the cell-mediated and the humoral components of the immune system...
- Pal Bhowmick I, Mehta M, Coppens I, Sharma S, Jarori G. Protective properties and surface localization of Plasmodium falciparum enolase. Infect Immun. 2007;75:5500-8 pubmed..Immunofluorescence as well as electron microscopic examinations revealed localization of the enolase protein on the merozoite cell surface. These observations establish malaria enolase to be a potential protective antigen. ..
- Kanjwani D, Marathe T, Chiplunkar S, Sathaye S. Evaluation of immunomodulatory activity of methanolic extract of Piper betel. Scand J Immunol. 2008;67:589-93 pubmed publisher..Thus, the MPb could be explored extensively as a therapeutic agent to treat various immune disorders including autoimmune disorders...
- Khadilkar S, Singh R. Limb girdle muscular dystrophies in India. Neurol India. 2008;56:281-8 pubmed..The laboratory facilities are limited and available in select centers in large institutes. Establishment of genetic laboratories and sophisticated muscle pathology techniques will further elucidate the LGMDs in India...
- Pandey V, Shankar B, Sainis K. G1-4 A, an arabinogalactan polysaccharide from Tinospora cordifolia increases dendritic cell immunogenicity in a murine lymphoma model. Int Immunopharmacol. 2012;14:641-9 pubmed publisher..These results thus confirm that G1-4A could be a promising nontoxic maturation agent to be potentially used in DC based immunotherapy of tumor...
- Mittal S, Bhadwal M, Das T, Sarma H, Chakravarty R, Dash A, et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of 90Y-labeled porphyrin-DOTA conjugate: a potential molecule for targeted tumor therapy. Cancer Biother Radiopharm. 2013;28:651-6 pubmed publisher..The nonaccumulated activity exhibited major clearance through renal pathway...
- Deota S, Chattopadhyay T, Ramachandran D, Armstrong E, Camacho B, Maniyadath B, et al. Identification of a Tissue-Restricted Isoform of SIRT1 Defines a Regulatory Domain that Encodes Specificity. Cell Rep. 2017;18:3069-3077 pubmed publisher..Identification of SIRT1-Î”E2 and the conserved specificity domain will enhance our understanding of SIRT1 and guide the development of therapeutic interventions. ..
- Kadam K, D Souza S, Bandivdekar A, Natraj U. Identification and characterization of oviductal glycoprotein-binding protein partner on gametes: epitopic similarity to non-muscle myosin IIA, MYH 9. Mol Hum Reprod. 2006;12:275-82 pubmed..The results suggest that OGP binds to both gametes through its interaction with MYH9 through the non-glycosylated N-terminal conserved region of OGP, spanning the residues 11-137. ..
- Rastogi L, Feroz S, Pandey B, Jagtap A, Mishra K. Protection against radiation-induced oxidative damage by an ethanolic extract of Nigella sativa L. Int J Radiat Biol. 2010;86:719-31 pubmed publisher..An ethanolic extract of Nigella sativa L. (EE-NS) was investigated for its antioxidant properties and radioprotective effects against gamma-radiation-induced oxidative damage...
- Shah A, Juvekar A. In vitro and in vivo immunostimulatory activity of Woodfordia fruticosa flowers on non-specific immunity. Pharm Biol. 2010;48:1066-72 pubmed publisher..Woodfordia fruticosa Kurz. (Lythraceae), a non-rasayana immunomodulatory Indian medicinal plant, used traditionally as an anthelmintic, in dysentery, leprosy, blood diseases, leucorrhea, and menorrhagia...
- Manohar S, Rathos M, Sonawane V, Rao S, Joshi K. Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor, P276-00 induces apoptosis in multiple myeloma cells by inhibition of Cdk9-T1 and RNA polymerase II-dependent transcription. Leuk Res. 2011;35:821-30 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that P276-00 causes multiple myeloma cell death by disrupting the balance between cell survival and apoptosis through inhibition of transcription and downregulation of Mcl-1. ..
- Ghosh S, Sengupta A, Sharma S, Sonawat H. Multivariate modelling with (1)H NMR of pleural effusion in murine cerebral malaria. Malar J. 2011;10:330 pubmed publisher..Immunological parameters have been assessed in pleural fluid in murine models; however there are no reports of characterization of metabolites present in pleural effusion...