Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Locale: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Publications649 found, 100 shown here
- Badve S, Bhojraj S, Nene A, Raut A, Ramakanthan R. Occipito-atlanto-axial osteoarthritis: a cross sectional clinico-radiological prevalence study in high risk and general population. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2010;35:434-8 pubmed publisher..Diagnosis is based on the clinico-radiologic presentation. CT is the investigation of choice. Resultant functional limitations make early identification of this condition imperative. ..
- Budrukkar A, Agarwal J, Kane S, Siddha M, Laskar S, Pai P, et al. Management and clinical outcome of sinonasal teratocarcinosarcoma: single institution experience. J Laryngol Otol. 2010;124:739-43 pubmed publisher..Multimodality treatment, in the form of a combination of surgery, radiation therapy and chemotherapy, appears to be the optimal approach. ..
- Pradhan V, Patwardhan M, Ghosh K. Anti-nucleosome antibodies as a disease marker in systemic lupus erythematosus and its correlation with disease activity and other autoantibodies. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2010;76:145-9 pubmed publisher..Although there was no significant difference in LN and SLE without LN groups, this study suggests that anti-nuc detection can be useful as an additional disease activity marker to other laboratory tests. ..
- Das S, Bapat U, More N, Chordhekar L, Joshi W, Osrin D. Prospective study of determinants and costs of home births in Mumbai slums. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2010;10:38 pubmed publisher..It might also be productive to concentrate on intensive outreach in vulnerable areas by community-based health workers, who could play a greater part in helping women plan their deliveries and making sure that they get help in time. ..
- Shah D, Agrawal S. Vasomotor symptoms: viewpoint from the Indian subcontinent and management of a common menopausal problem. Semin Reprod Med. 2010;28:388-95 pubmed publisher..This article reviews the symptoms and relates that VMS are of significant concern for the aging Asian women. ..
- Deodhar K, Gheit T, Vaccarella S, Romao C, Tenet V, Nene B, et al. Prevalence of human papillomavirus types in cervical lesions from women in rural Western India. J Med Virol. 2012;84:1054-60 pubmed publisher..The HPV genotyping data showing a high HPV 16 and 18 prevalence in cancer specimens indicate that prophylactic HPV 16/18 vaccination would have a significant impact on the prevention of cervical cancer in India...
- Bhalerao S, Deshpande T, Thatte U. Prakriti (Ayurvedic concept of constitution) and variations in platelet aggregation. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2012;12:248 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that identifying the prakriti may help in individualising therapy or predicting proneness to a disease. ..
- Nadkar M, Huchche A, Singh R, Pazare A. Clinical profile of severe Plasmodium vivax malaria in a tertiary care centre in Mumbai from June 2010-January 2011. J Assoc Physicians India. 2012;60:11-3 pubmed..Also, renal, hepatic, lung and cerebral involvement are also occur with increasing frequency. Along with age, severe metabolic acidosis is an independent risk factor for fatal outcome. ..
- ..Treatment regimens and tracking patients using the WD-specific Global Assessment Scale for WD (GAS for WD) are discussed. ..
- Goel A, Desai K, Muzumdar D. Surgery on anterior foramen magnum meningiomas using a conventional posterior suboccipital approach: a report on an experience with 17 cases. Neurosurgery. 2001;49:102-6; discussion 106-7 pubmed..The advantages of a posterior "conventional" suboccipital approach with a midline incision over lateral, anterolateral, and anterior approaches to anteriorly placed foramen magnum meningiomas are discussed...
- Kothari M, Mehta B, Asher N, Kothari K. Recurrence of bilateral herpes simplex virus keratitis following bimatoprost use. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2006;54:47-8 pubmed..It was found to be recurrence of bilateral HSV keratitis following the use of Bimatoprost eye drops for uncontrolled intraocular pressure in a case of bilateral primary open-angle glaucoma. ..
- Prabagaran E, Bandivdekar A, Dighe V, Raghavan V. HOXBES2: a novel epididymal HOXB2 homeoprotein and its domain-specific association with spermatozoa. Biol Reprod. 2007;76:314-26 pubmed
- Savant S, Amladi S, Kangle S, Wadhwa S, Nayak C. Cutaneous malakoplakia in an HIV-positive patient. Int J STD AIDS. 2007;18:435-6 pubmed..The patient presented with ulcers, draining sinuses and tender papules and nodules mainly on perigenital area, buttocks and right thigh...
- Jog S, Soman R, Singhal T, Rodrigues C, Mehta A, Dastur F. Enteric fever in Mumbai--clinical profile, sensitivity patterns and response to antimicrobials. J Assoc Physicians India. 2008;56:237-40 pubmed..Our main aim was to study the clinical profile, haematological features of culture proven typhoid cases, the antimicrobial susceptibility pattern of the isolates and the time to defervescence with the treatment received...
- Gujral S, Agarwal A, Gota V, Nair R, Gupta S, Pai S, et al. A clinicopathologic study of mantle cell lymphoma in a single center study in India. Indian J Pathol Microbiol. 2008;51:315-22 pubmed..Bone marrow was involved in 25 (59%) cases. Thirty-two patients could be treated. Median recurrence-free survival was 22.23 months. Diffuse pattern of nodal involvement had a lower overall survival. ..
- Vora S, Shetty S, Salvi V, Satoskar P, Ghosh K. Thrombophilia and unexplained pregnancy loss in Indian patients. Natl Med J India. 2008;21:116-9 pubmed..Thrombophilia is an important factor in both early and late pregnancy losses. Women with unexplained pregnancy loss should be screened for the presence of thrombophilias. ..
- Bhandari Y, Khandkar A, Chaudhary A, Srimali P, Desai D, Srinivas V. Post-radical prostatectomy rectourethral fistula: endosopic management. Urol Int. 2008;81:474-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, use of cyanoacrylate glue as a minimally invasive non-surgical technique for management of rectourethral fistula appears to be a good option which can be tried before embarking on major surgery. ..
- Das B, Pawar N, Saini D, Seshadri M. Genetic association study of selected candidate genes (ApoB, LPL, Leptin) and telomere length in obese and hypertensive individuals. BMC Med Genet. 2009;10:99 pubmed publisher..However, further study on larger sample size is needed to draw firm conclusions. ..
- Mullaji A, Kanna R, Shetty G, Chavda V, Singh D. Efficacy of periarticular injection of bupivacaine, fentanyl, and methylprednisolone in total knee arthroplasty:a prospective, randomized trial. J Arthroplasty. 2010;25:851-7 pubmed publisher..This simple and inexpensive technique can significantly reduce pain and hasten functional recovery in the first month after total knee arthroplasty. ..
- Nadkarni A, Nair S, Italia K, Warang P, Dalvi M, Ghosh K, et al. Molecular diversity of hemoglobin H disease in India. Am J Clin Pathol. 2010;133:491-4 pubmed publisher..7 Sallanches) and -alpha(3.7)/-alpha(3.7 Sallanches)). Because a majority of patients with Hb H disease do not have severe manifestations, prenatal diagnosis is usually unwarranted in India. ..
- Balakrishnan S, Shirsath K, Bhat N, Anjaria K. Biodosimetry for high dose accidental exposures by drug induced premature chromosome condensation (PCC) assay. Mutat Res. 2010;699:11-6 pubmed publisher..The PCC assay can be performed in 50 h with biodosimetric information about the irradiated fraction in cases of acute radiation exposures. The automated finding of PCC spreads significantly increased the speed of scoring PCC fragments. ..
- Andrade N, Raikwar K. Congenital benign teratoma of the tongue with bifid tip, ankyloglossia and polydactyly: report of a case. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2010;48:e29-30 pubmed publisher..We describe a combination of anomalies in a 6-week-old infant with teratoma and bifid tip of the tongue, severe tongue tie, and polydactyly. The teratoma was excised and the tongue tie released with no complications...
- Rekhi B, Deshmukh M, Jambhekar N. Low-grade fibromyxoid sarcoma: a clinicopathologic study of 18 cases, including histopathologic relationship with sclerosing epithelioid fibrosarcoma in a subset of cases. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2011;15:303-11 pubmed publisher..Histopathologic relationship exists between LGFMS and SEF in a few cases. An LGFMS is optimally managed with surgical wide excision and follow-up...
- Kapdi M, Shah I. Dengue and haemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis. Scand J Infect Dis. 2012;44:708-9 pubmed publisher..Bone marrow examination showed haemophagocytes. The child was treated with steroids, instead etoposide and oral cyclosporine. ..
- Jain S, Khety Z. Changing antimicrobial resistance pattern of isolates from an ICU over a 2 year period. J Assoc Physicians India. 2012;60:27-8, 33 pubmed..3) Imepenem, Piperacillin-Tazobactum and Amikacin are still highly active against Enterobacteriacea. 4) Local data and strict infection control practices can only control the spread of virulent and resistant organisms. ..
- Jadhav S, Velhal S, Deshpande A, Bandivdekar A. Association of human mannose receptor in sexual transmission of human immunodeficiency virus in serodiscordant couples. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2013;29:156-63 pubmed publisher..The presence of hMR in a smaller number of vaginal epithelial cells of serodiscordant females prevented binding and HIV entry into these cells and therefore prevented sexual transmission of HIV. ..
- Dave V, Pappuru R. An unusual presentation of nonarteritic ischemic optic neuropathy with subretinal fluid treated with intravitreal bevacizumab. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2016;64:87-8 pubmed publisher..The visual improvement was maintained at the last follow-up 6 months postinjection. Intravitreal bevacizumab may be a good option for acute NAION especially in an unusual presentation with macular edema and subretinal fluid. ..
- Ladusingh L, Gupta A, Yadav A. Ecological context of infant mortality in high-focus states of India. Epidemiol Health. 2016;38:e2016006 pubmed publisher..Additionally, female literacy and new-born care facilities were found to have an inverse association with the infant mortality rate. Interventions at the community level can reduce district infant mortality rates. ..
- Srivastava S, Mishra S, Surolia A, Panda D. C1, a highly potent novel curcumin derivative, binds to tubulin, disrupts microtubule network and induces apoptosis. Biosci Rep. 2016;36: pubmed publisher..The strong antiproliferative activity and improved stability of C1 indicated that the compound may have a potential as an anticancer agent. ..
- Narlawar R, Shah J, Pimple M, Patkar D, Patankar T, Castillo M. Isolated tuberculosis of posterior elements of spine: magnetic resonance imaging findings in 33 patients. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2002;27:275-81 pubmed..Involvement of posterior elements due to tuberculosis is not so uncommon. ..
- Mehendale V, Shenoy S, Joshi A, Chaudhari N. Laparoscopic versus open surgical closure of perforated duodenal ulcers: a comparative study. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2002;21:222-4 pubmed..001). Laparoscopic closure of duodenal ulcer perforation is safe and effective. It is a better method of treating duodenal ulcer perforation when the patient's condition allows pneumoperitoneum and laparoscopy. ..
- Kabra V, Chaturvedi P, Pathak K, deSouza L. Mesenteric fibromatosis: a report of three cases and literature review. Indian J Cancer. 2001;38:133-6 pubmed..Mesenteric fibromatosis is one of the rarer forms of fibromatosis. Three such cases are being presented here with a brief review of the literature...
- Sukumar S, Mukherjee M, Colah R, Mohanty D. Molecular characterization of G6PD Insuli--a novel 989 CGC --> CAC (330 Arg --> His) mutation in the Indian population. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2003;30:246-7 pubmed..The sequence of the G6PD gene from this variant has revealed the presence of a novel 989 G --> A mutation in exon 9 with a predicted amino acid change of Arg330His. ..
- Chaturvedi P, Pathak K, Pai P, Chaukar D, Deshpande M, D Cruz A. A novel technique of raising a pectoralis major myocutaneous flap through the skin paddle incision alone. J Surg Oncol. 2004;86:105-6 pubmed..We intend to suggest a novel technique, in which the pectoralis major muscle is exposed by raising the skin around the skin paddle incision alone without making any further extension...
- de Sousa A, De Sousa A. A one-year pragmatic trial of naltrexone vs disulfiram in the treatment of alcohol dependence. Alcohol Alcohol. 2004;39:528-31 pubmed..To compare the efficacy of naltrexone and disulfiram in preventing an alcoholic relapse in routine clinical practice in an Indian metropolis...
- Dave B, Shet T, Chinoy R. Desmoplastic round cell tumor of childhood: can cytology with immunocytochemistry serve as an alternative for tissue diagnosis?. Diagn Cytopathol. 2005;32:330-5 pubmed..In conclusion, given the right clinical setting, a cytological diagnosis of DSRCT is plausible and in conjunction with ICC may help in documenting the polyphenotypic nature and thereby confirming the diagnosis...
- Jankharia B, Chavhan G, Krishnan P, Jankharia B. MRI and ultrasound in solitary muscular and soft tissue cysticercosis. Skeletal Radiol. 2005;34:722-6 pubmed..MRI and ultrasound are useful in the diagnosis of solitary muscular and soft tissue cysticercosis and they reliably establish the diagnosis when a clear cyst with scolex is seen. ..
- Gujral S, Shet T, Kane S. Morphological spectrum of AIDS-related plasmablastic lymphomas. Indian J Pathol Microbiol. 2008;51:121-4 pubmed..CD20 was negative in all cases. Pathologists need to be aware of PBL and its various morphological subtypes as the identification of this entity from its close differentials carries major therapeutic implications. ..
- Patel A, Vavia P. Preparation and evaluation of taste masked famotidine formulation using drug/beta-cyclodextrin/polymer ternary complexation approach. AAPS PharmSciTech. 2008;9:544-50 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the study confirmed that ternary complexation can be utilized as an alternative approach for effective taste masking. ..
- Agarwala S, Shah S, Joshi V. The use of alendronate in the treatment of avascular necrosis of the femoral head: follow-up to eight years. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2009;91:1013-8 pubmed publisher..Even in Ficat stage-III hips some benefit was obtained from treatment with alendronate by at least a delay in the need for total hip replacement. ..
- Appukutty J, Shroff P. Nasogastric tube insertion using different techniques in anesthetized patients: a prospective, randomized study. Anesth Analg. 2009;109:832-5 pubmed publisher..Head flexion with lateral neck pressure is the easiest technique that has a high success rate and fewest complications. ..
- Shetty S, Bhave M, Ghosh K. Acquired hemophilia a: diagnosis, aetiology, clinical spectrum and treatment options. Autoimmun Rev. 2011;10:311-6 pubmed publisher..The present review summarizes the diagnostic, aetiological, clinical and treatment aspects of AHA focusing on the recent advances in this area. ..
- Bhanushali A, Babu S, Thangapandi V, Pillai R, Chheda P, Das B. Mutations in the HD and PEST domain of Notch-1 receptor in T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia: report of novel mutations from Indian population. Oncol Res. 2010;19:99-104 pubmed..More ongoing larger studies are warranted to elucidate the molecular pathogenesis of T-ALL that arises in this part of the world. ..
- Agashe M, Samant A, Aroojis A. Convergent radioulnar translocation with radial head fracture in a child: a case report and review of the literature. J Orthop Trauma. 2012;26:e36-9 pubmed publisher..This case has been shown to highlight the diagnostic and management issues of this rare condition, which may be easily missed initially...
- Pal R. Measuring incidence of catastrophic out-of-pocket health expenditure: with application to India. Int J Health Care Finance Econ. 2012;12:63-85 pubmed publisher..Moreover, these findings are sensitive to measure of catastrophic OOP health expenditure and therefore, it is important to consider appropriate measure of catastrophic OOP health expenditure. ..
- Ankolkar M, Salvi V, Warke H, Vundinti B, Balasinor N. Methylation status of imprinted genes DLK1-GTL2, MEST (PEG1), ZAC (PLAGL1), and LINE-1 elements in spermatozoa of normozoospermic men, unlike H19 imprinting control regions, is not associated with idiopathic recurrent spontaneous miscarriages. Fertil Steril. 2013;99:1668-73 pubmed publisher
- Jaiswal S, Faye A, Gore S, Shah H, Kamath R. Stressful life events, hopelessness, and suicidal intent in patients admitted with attempted suicide in a tertiary care general hospital. J Postgrad Med. 2016;62:102-4 pubmed publisher..64. The mean suicidal intent in the participants was 25.14, when correlated with hopelessness score significant positive correlation was found. Lethality of the attempt increases with the increase in hopelessness. ..
- Rathi C, Pipaliya N, Patel R, Ingle M, Phadke A, Sawant P. Drug Induced Liver Injury at a Tertiary Hospital in India: Etiology, Clinical Features and Predictors of Mortality. Ann Hepatol. 2017;16:442-450 pubmed publisher..85%). ATT, anti-epileptic drugs, CAM and antiretroviral drugs are leading causes of DILI in India. Presence of jaundice, encephalopathy, MELD score and alkaline phosphatase at one week are independent predictors of mortality. ..
- Barfiwala D. Natal and neonatal teeth: a review of 50 cases. J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent. 1996;14:21-3 pubmed..The cases of natal and neonatal teeth usually report to the hospital due to difficulty in suckling, ulceration to the breast nipple and fear of aspiration of the teeth. ..
- Morris B, Madiwale C, Garg A, Chavhan G. Hydatid disease of bone: a mimic of other skeletal pathologies. Australas Radiol. 2002;46:431-4 pubmed..This case illustrates that in the absence of a high index of suspicion for echinococcal infection, the semblance of imaging findings of hydatid disease in bone to those of other skeletal pathologies can lead to misinterpretation. ..
- Mehta S, Gilada I. Ocular tuberculosis in acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS). Ocul Immunol Inflamm. 2005;13:87-9 pubmed..To determine the prevalence and clinical features of ocular tuberculosis in patients with the acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS)...
- Singh B, Andankar M, Swain S, Das K, Dassi V, Kaswan H, et al. Impact of prior urethral manipulation on outcome of anastomotic urethroplasty for post-traumatic urethral stricture. Urology. 2010;75:179-82 pubmed publisher..To determine the impact of earlier urethral interventions on the outcomes of anastomotic urethroplasty in post-traumatic stricture urethra...
- Jamema S, Sharma P, Sharma D, Laskar S, Deshpande D, Shrivastava S. Dose optimization of intra-operative high dose rate interstitial brachytherapy implants for soft tissue sarcoma. J Cancer Res Ther. 2009;5:240-6 pubmed publisher..GrO offer better target coverage for implants with non-uniform geometry and target volume. ..
- Thienpont L, Van Uytfanghe K, De Grande L, Reynders D, Das B, Faix J, et al. Harmonization of Serum Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone Measurements Paves the Way for the Adoption of a More Uniform Reference Interval. Clin Chem. 2017;63:1248-1260 pubmed publisher..27, 0.89, and 2.13 mIU/L to 0.12, 0.29, and 0.77 mIU/L. We showed that harmonization increased the agreement of results from the participating immunoassays, and may allow them to adopt a more uniform RI in the future. ..
- Gokhale A, Damre A, Kulkami K, Saraf M. Preliminary evaluation of anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic activity of S. lappa, A. speciosa and A. aspera. Phytomedicine. 2002;9:433-7 pubmed..The studies reveal that the ethanolic extracts of S. lappa, A. speciosa and A. aspera possess anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic activity and support the rationale behind the traditional use of these plants in inflammatory conditions. ..
- Goray V, Joshi A, Garg A, Merchant S, Yadav B, Maheshwari P. Aortic arch variation: a unique case with anomalous origin of both vertebral arteries as additional branches of the aortic arch distal to left subclavian artery. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2005;26:93-5 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the first report of anomalous origins of both VAs beyond the origin of the left subclavian artery. The possible embryonic mechanism and the clinical importance of this variant is also reviewed. ..
- Poojary A, Nataraj G, Kanade S, Mehta P, Baveja S. Rapid antibiotic susceptibility testing of Mycobacterium tuberculosis: its utility in resource poor settings. Indian J Med Microbiol. 2006;24:268-72 pubmed..The kappa (k) value for INH was 0.92 and for RIF was 0.99, indicating excellent agreement between the two methods. CONRAS test is a rapid and reliable method of drug susceptibility for M. tuberculosis. ..
- Rekhi B, Gorad B, Chinoy R. Proximal-type epithelioid sarcoma--a rare, aggressive subtype of epithelioid sarcoma presenting as a recurrent perineal mass in a middle-aged male. World J Surg Oncol. 2007;5:28 pubmed..A wide excision with clear margins is imperative with options of post-operative CT/RT in individual cases during a close follow-up. ..
- Ghosh K, Ross C. The teacher and the taught: medical education in India at the crossroads. Natl Med J India. 2009;22:147-9 pubmed..We suggest that there are several ways by which the situation can be remedied including a system of mentoring, incentives and feedback. ..
- Goel A, Shah A, Gupta S. Craniovertebral instability due to degenerative osteoarthritis of the atlantoaxial joints: analysis of the management of 108 cases. J Neurosurg Spine. 2010;12:592-601 pubmed publisher..The authors retrospectively analyzed a series of 108 patients in whom was diagnosed atlantoaxial instability due to degenerative osteoarthritis of the atlantoaxial joints. The management issues in such cases are discussed...
- Bidikar M, Ichaporia R. Autonomic (sympathetic) nervous system involvement in rheumatoid arthiritis patients. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol. 2010;54:73-9 pubmed..The reference value of Ewing and Clark were used to interpret the results of the tests. Sympathetic dysfuction was found in 26% of rheumatoid arthritis patients. ..
- Ali M, Kumar A, Pandey B. Thorium induced cytoproliferative effect in human liver cell HepG2: role of insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor and downstream signaling. Chem Biol Interact. 2014;211:29-35 pubmed publisher..Thus, the present investigation highlights the role of IGF-1R-mediated signaling in the cytoproliferative effect of (232)Th in human liver cells at low concentration...
- George M. Viewpoint: Re-instating a 'public health' system under universal health care in India. J Public Health Policy. 2015;36:15-23 pubmed publisher..This will be a prerequisite for the growth of the public health profession in the country, because it can offer avenues for newly trained professionals within the country to work in 'core' public health. ..
- Chaturvedi P, Lerra S, Ustad F, Pai P, Chaukar D, D Cruz A. Masseter flap for reconstruction of defects after excision of buccal mucosa cancers with intact mandible. Ear Nose Throat J. 2015;94:E16-9 pubmed..in terms of surgical time required, no donor site morbidity, and minimal aesthetic deformity. ..
- Rekhi B, Singh N. Spectrum of cytopathologic features of epithelioid sarcoma in a series of 7 uncommon cases with immunohistochemical results, including loss of INI1/SMARCB1 in two test cases. Diagn Cytopathol. 2016;44:636-42 pubmed publisher..Optimal diagnostic IHC markers in such cases include CK, EMA, AE1AE3, CD34, and INI1/SMARCB1. Clinical correlation is imperative in all cases. Diagn. Cytopathol. 2016;44:636-642. © 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Vaideeswar P, Madhiwale C, Sharma J, Desai A, Kane S. Endometrial stromal sarcoma with sex-cord like features. Indian J Pathol Microbiol. 2001;44:55-6 pubmed..Endometrial stromal sarcomas are rare, low grade, malignant uterine tumours. Sometimes, they manifest an epithelial like or sex-cord like differentiation. This is a report of one such case in a 35 year old female...
- Bhamkar R, Colaco P. Neonatal nonketotic hyperglycinemia. Indian J Pediatr. 2007;74:1124-6 pubmed..His glycine index was 0.38 and he did not respond to treatment with sodium benzoate and dextromethorphan. Hypotonia, transient hyperammonemia and metabolic acidosis were associated findings...
- Nandedkar T. Nanovaccines: recent developments in vaccination. J Biosci. 2009;34:995-1003 pubmed
- Pradhan V, Deshpande N, Nadkarni A, Patwardhan M, Surve P, Ghosh K. Fc gamma R IIIB polymorphisms: their association with clinical manifestations and autoantibodies in SLE patients from western India. Int J Rheum Dis. 2010;13:138-43 pubmed publisher..This suggests that the primary involvement of Fc gamma R IIIB NA2 allele is more likely involved with disease susceptibility of SLE. ..
- Singh A, Yadav A, Singh A. Utilization of postnatal care for newborns and its association with neonatal mortality in India: an analytical appraisal. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2012;12:33 pubmed publisher..The findings are of immense value for a country like India where the neonatal mortality rates are unacceptably high. ..
- Katna R, Deshmukh A, Sridhar E, Chaukar D, D cruz A. Primary angiosarcoma of the larynx: a rare entity. Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2012;94:e146-8 pubmed publisher..Histopathological and immunohistochemical evaluation revealed features of a laryngeal angiosarcoma. The case is presented for its rarity and diagnostic difficulty. ..
- Rathos M, Joshi K, Khanwalkar H, Manohar S, Joshi K. Molecular evidence for increased antitumor activity of gemcitabine in combination with a cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor, P276-00 in pancreatic cancers. J Transl Med. 2012;10:161 pubmed publisher..Phase IIb clinical trials of P276-00 in combination with gemcitabine in pancreatic cancer patients are ongoing. ..
- Reed E, Saggurti N, Donta B, Ritter J, Dasgupta A, Ghule M, et al. Intimate partner violence among married couples in India and contraceptive use reported by women but not husbands. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2016;133:22-5 pubmed publisher..95, 95% CI 1.08-4.82). Women who reported IPV from their husbands might be more likely to use contraceptives without informing their husbands, possibly to redress the reproductive control often exerted by abusive male partners. ..
- Aluganti Narasimhulu C, Nandave M, Bonilla D, Singaravelu J, Sai Sudhakar C, Parthasarathy S. Circulating platelet aggregates damage endothelial cells in culture. J Surg Res. 2017;213:90-99 pubmed publisher..Direct mechanical disruption and shear stress caused by circulating AgPlts could be the underlying mechanism of the observed endothelium damage. ..
- Ogale S, Tuteja V, Chakravarty N. Acute suppurative thyroiditis with thyroid abscess. Indian Pediatr. 2002;39:1156-8 pubmed
- Sheth S. Reduction in mortality needs a bit more than the science of perinatology. J Perinat Med. 2003;31:373-5 pubmed..To obtain the maximum benefits from such an approach, it would be necessary to go a little beyond perinatal science. ..
- Goel A, Sharma P. Craniovertebral junction realignment for the treatment of basilar invagination with syringomyelia: preliminary report of 12 cases. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2005;45:512-7; discussion 518 pubmed..Manipulation of the atlantoaxial joints and restoring the anatomical craniovertebral alignments in selected cases of syringomyelia leads to remarkable and sustained clinical recovery, and is probably the optimum surgical treatment...
- Shah K, Joshi A. Complete genitourinary and colonic duplication: a rare presentation in an adult patient. J Ultrasound Med. 2006;25:407-11 pubmed
- Thapar V, Deshpande A, Jain V, Bhowate P, Madiwale C. Isolated breast mucormycosis. J Postgrad Med. 2006;52:134-5 pubmed..Histopathology revealed mucormycosis of breast. To the best of our knowledge this is the first reported case of mucormycosis of breast in the English literature. ..
- Rathinasamy K, Panda D. Suppression of microtubule dynamics by benomyl decreases tension across kinetochore pairs and induces apoptosis in cancer cells. FEBS J. 2006;273:4114-28 pubmed..Considering the very high toxicity of the potent anticancer drugs and the low toxicity of benomyl in humans, we suggest that benomyl could be useful as an adjuvant in combination with the powerful anticancer drugs in cancer therapy...
- Kothari M. Clinical characteristics of spontaneous late-onset comitant acute nonaccommodative esotropia in children. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2007;55:117-20 pubmed..ANAET is more common than previously reported, has a variable time of onset and high incidence of amblyopia. Timely management would avert emergence of amblyopia and vertical incomitance thereby promising better binocular outcome. ..
- Shah J, Patkar D, Gala B. Multiple intramedullary lipomas with conal intramedullary dermoid: magnetic resonance appearances. Spine J. 2007;7:368-70 pubmed..Both may represent embryogenic mesenchymal inclusions and hamartomatous growth, which can be accurately diagnosed with MRI. ..
- Punpale A, Shrikhande S, Sumeet G, Shukla P. Primary neuroendocrine carcinoma presenting as mesenteric cyst. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2007;26:137-8 pubmed..Surgical resection is the best treatment modality, with a chance of cure. We present a 65-year-old man with large mesenteric cyst and absence of bowel involvement. Histology showed a well-differentiated neuroendocrine tumor...
- D Costa G, Taksande R, Pandya B, Najmi S, Dua S, Patil Y. Macrodystrophia lipomatosa: a case report. Indian J Pathol Microbiol. 2007;50:572-4 pubmed..The specimen measured 26 x 18 x 12 cms. and the thumb alone measured 13 x 7 x 7 cm. histology revealed hypertrophy of adipose tissue in the subcutaneous compartment and infiltration into the nerve sheaths and muscles...
- Kapoor R, Solanki F, Singhania P, Andankar M, Pathak H. Safety and efficacy of percutaneous nephrolithotomy in the pediatric population. J Endourol. 2008;22:637-40 pubmed publisher..We recommend that tract dilation be restricted to 24F or smaller whenever possible. Approximately 40% of patients had either an anatomic or metabolic abnormality. ..
- Gupta R, Seethalakshmi V, Jambhekar N, Prabhudesai S, Merchant N, Puri A, et al. Clinicopathologic profile of 470 giant cell tumors of bone from a cancer hospital in western India. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2008;12:239-48 pubmed publisher..001) and primary treatment elsewhere vs at this hospital (P = .045), each of these being associated with increased frequency for local recurrence but not metastasis...