Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on gene expression in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Locale: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Topic: gene expression
- Damle A, Narkar A, Badwe R. Radioiodide uptake and sodium iodide symporter expression in breast carcinoma. Indian J Exp Biol. 2011;49:416-22 pubmed..The results indicate that RAI uptake is significantly higher in breast tumor tissues as compared to their normal counterpart and in future radioiodine may be an important agent for treatment of breast cancer. ..
- Natraj U, Bhatt P, Vanage G, Moodbidri S. Overexpression of monkey oviductal protein: purification and characterization of recombinant protein and its antibodies. Biol Reprod. 2002;67:1897-906 pubmed..OGP binding sites on the head and tail region of monkey sperm could be demonstrated by using antibody against rOGP. ..
- Srivastava S, Panda D. A centrosomal protein FOR20 regulates microtubule assembly dynamics and plays a role in cell migration. Biochem J. 2017;474:2841-2859 pubmed publisher..The results suggested that the centrosomal protein FOR20 is a new member of the microtubule-associated protein family and that it regulates the assembly and dynamics of microtubules. ..
- Shanbhag S, Ghosh K, Shetty S. Genetic basis of severe factor XIII deficiency in a large cohort of Indian patients: Identification of fourteen novel mutations. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2016;57:81-4 pubmed publisher..This is the largest series of FXIII deficient cases reported from India in which mutations were analysed with high heterogeneity in the nature of mutations along with several common mutations. ..
- Mohan K, Ravi K, Suresh P, Sumerford D, Head G. Field resistance to the Bacillus thuringiensis protein Cry1Ac expressed in Bollgard(®) hybrid cotton in pink bollworm, Pectinophora gossypiella (Saunders), populations in India. Pest Manag Sci. 2016;72:738-46 pubmed publisher..These findings underscore the higher vulnerability of single-gene Bt products relative to dual-gene products expressing Cry1Ac and Cry2Ab2, and the increased risk of resistance evolution with low refuge compliance. ..
- Rai R, Mahale A, Saranath D. Molecular cloning, isolation and characterisation of ERK3 gene from chewing-tobacco induced oral squamous cell carcinoma. Oral Oncol. 2004;40:705-12 pubmed..The overexpression of the gene in the normal healthy individuals may be indicative of increased risk of developing oral cancers in this group. ..
- Aleem M, Padwal V, Choudhari J, Balasinor N, Parte P, Gill Sharma M. Cyproterone acetate affects protamine gene expression in the testis of adult male rat. Contraception. 2005;71:379-91 pubmed..It is likely that indirect effects of T involve its aromatization in spermatids...
- Das A, Misra H. Characterization of DRA0282 from Deinococcus radiodurans for its role in bacterial resistance to DNA damage. Microbiology. 2011;157:2196-205 pubmed publisher..radiodurans. ..
- Rout A, Padhan N, Barnwal R, Bhattacharya A, Chary K. Calmodulin-like protein from Entamoeba histolytica: solution structure and calcium-binding properties of a partially folded protein. Biochemistry. 2011;50:181-93 pubmed..histolytica suggests a distinct Ca(2+)-signaling process in E. histolytica. The results reported here help in understanding the structure-function relationship of CaBPs including their Ca(2+)-binding properties...
- Chaurasia A, Apte S. Improved eco-friendly recombinant Anabaena sp. strain PCC7120 with enhanced nitrogen biofertilizer potential. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2011;77:395-9 pubmed publisher..The engineered strain is stable, eco-friendly, and useful for environmental application as nitrogen biofertilizer in paddy fields...
- Pathak B, Breed A, Nakhawa V, Jagtap D, Mahale S. Growth inhibition mediated by PSP94 or CRISP-3 is prostate cancer cell line specific. Asian J Androl. 2010;12:677-89 pubmed publisher..This suggests that CRISP-3 may participate in PSP94-independent activities during prostate tumourigenesis. ..
- D Souza J, Cheah P, Gros P, Chia W, Rodrigues V. Functional complementation of the malvolio mutation in the taste pathway of Drosophila melanogaster by the human natural resistance-associated macrophage protein 1 (Nramp-1). J Exp Biol. 1999;202:1909-15 pubmed..This finding that Nramp-1 can complement the taste defect in mvl mutants provides a potent means of exploiting behavioural genetics to dissect the function of Nramp-1 and to identify other molecules involved with this transport system. ..
- Gupta G, Makde R, Kamdar R, D Souza J, Kulkarni M, Kumar V, et al. Co-expressed recombinant human Translin-Trax complex binds DNA. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:3141-6 pubmed..ssDNA gel-shifted complex shows both proteins at nearly equimolar ratio, suggesting that Translin "chaperones" Trax and forms heteromeric complex that is DNA binding competent. ..
- Nilgiriwala K, Alahari A, Rao A, Apte S. Cloning and overexpression of alkaline phosphatase PhoK from Sphingomonas sp. strain BSAR-1 for bioprecipitation of uranium from alkaline solutions. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2008;74:5516-23 pubmed publisher..8 g U/g dry weight in <2 h compared to only 1.5 g U/g dry weight in >7 h in BSAR-1. The data demonstrate the potential utility of genetically engineering PhoK for the bioprecipitation of uranium from alkaline solutions...
- Rath D, Jawali N. Loss of expression of cspC, a cold shock family gene, confers a gain of fitness in Escherichia coli K-12 strains. J Bacteriol. 2006;188:6780-5 pubmed..Together, these results ascribe a novel role in cellular growth at 37 degrees C for CspC, a member of the cold shock domain-containing protein family. ..
- Prabagaran E, Hegde U, Moodbidri S, Bandivdekar A, Raghavan V. Postnatal expression and androgen regulation of HOXBES2 homeoprotein in rat epididymis. J Androl. 2007;28:755-71 pubmed..Thus, the data obtained from this study suggests that HOXBES2 expression could be regulated by androgens, and its expression level is closely associated with the postnatal development of the epididymis. ..
- Jayakumar S, Bhilwade H, Pandey B, Sandur S, Chaubey R. The potential value of the neutral comet assay and the expression of genes associated with DNA damage in assessing the radiosensitivity of tumor cells. Mutat Res. 2012;748:52-9 pubmed publisher..05) with tumor radiosensitivity. Our study clearly demonstrated that the neutral comet assay was better than alkaline comet assay for assessment of radiosensitivities of tumor cells after acute or fractionated doses of irradiation. ..
- Ayyub C, Sen A, Gonsalves F, Badrinath K, Bhandari P, Shashidhara L, et al. Cullin-5 plays multiple roles in cell fate specification and synapse formation during Drosophila development. Dev Dyn. 2005;232:865-75 pubmed..Aberrations in Cul-5 affect different steps in the lineage consistent with a role in cell fate determination, proliferation, and death. Such phenotypes highlight the multiple cellular processes in which Cul-5 can participate. ..
- Ayyub C, Paranjape J. Genetic interactions provide evidence for the role of integrins in specifying normal olfactory behavior in Drosophila melanogaster. J Neurogenet. 2002;16:165-74 pubmed..This study provides evidence for the roles of different integrin subunits and the sws product in regulating normal olfactory behavior in Drosophila. ..
- Khairnar N, Kamble V, Mangoli S, Apte S, Misra H. Involvement of a periplasmic protein kinase in DNA strand break repair and homologous recombination in Escherichia coli. Mol Microbiol. 2007;65:294-304 pubmed..The results strongly suggest that the periplasmic phosphoquinolipoprotein kinase YfgL plays an important role in radiation-induced DNA strand break repair and homologous recombination in E. coli. ..