Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Locale: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Publications383 found, 100 shown here
- Gupta S, Srivastava S, Sharma A, Nalage V, Salvi D, Kushwaha H, et al. Metabolic engineering of CHO cells for the development of a robust protein production platform. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181455 pubmed publisher..This study provides a potential expression platform for a bio-therapeutic protein production in a controlled culture environment. ..
- Misra C, Das B, Mukherjee S, Pattnaik P. Effect of multiple injections of beta-glucan on non-specific immune response and disease resistance in Labeo rohita fingerlings. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2006;20:305-19 pubmed..Thus, injections of 10 mg of beta-glucan kg(-1) body wt. for three times can be advocated to enhance the immune response of fish species under aquaculture. ..
- Khan S, Suryawanshi A, Ranpura S, Jadhav S, Khole V. Identification of novel immunodominant epididymal sperm proteins using combinatorial approach. Reproduction. 2009;138:81-93 pubmed publisher..These data are a useful repository, which could be exploited to develop targets for post-testicular immunocontraception or biomarkers for infertility diagnosis and management. ..
- Menon V, Bhat S. Anticancer activity of andrographolide semisynthetic derivatives. Nat Prod Commun. 2010;5:717-20 pubmed..Amongst the derivatives tested, compounds 3-5 displayed maximum activity, with IC50 values of 22-31 microg/mL. ..
- Hoskote S, Iyer V, Kothari V, Sanghvi D. Bilateral anterior cerebral artery infarction following viper bite. J Assoc Physicians India. 2009;57:67-9 pubmed..We report a case of a 24-year-old previously healthy man who presented with bilateral anterior cerebral artery infarction following a viper bite. We also present hypotheses that may explain this unusual occurrence. ..
- Pathak S, Saxena M, D Souza R, Balasinor N. Disrupted imprinting status at the H19 differentially methylated region is associated with the resorbed embryo phenotype in rats. Reprod Fertil Dev. 2010;22:939-48 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate transmission of methylation errors at the Igf2-H19 locus through the paternal germline to the subsequent generation, emphasising the role of paternal factors during embryogenesis. ..
- Pandiyaraj K, Kumar A, Ramkumar M, Sachdev A, Gopinath P, Cools P, et al. Influence of non-thermal TiCl4/Ar+O2 plasma-assisted TiOx based coatings on the surface of polypropylene (PP) films for the tailoring of surface properties and cytocompatibility. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2016;62:908-18 pubmed publisher..The in-vitro analysis clearly confirms that the TiOx coated PP films performs as good as the standard tissue culture plates and also are unlikely to impact the bacterial cell viability. ..
- Saudagar P, Shaligram N, Singhal R. Immobilization of Streptomyces clavuligerus on loofah sponge for the production of clavulanic acid. Bioresour Technol. 2008;99:2250-3 pubmed..Immobilization of S. clavuligerus on to loofah sponge discs, therefore, permit repeated reuse under the specified fermentation conditions for clavulanic acid production. ..
- Suryawanshi A, Khan S, Gajbhiye R, Gurav M, Khole V. Differential proteomics leads to identification of domain-specific epididymal sperm proteins. J Androl. 2011;32:240-59 pubmed publisher..This comprehensive data of domain-specific epididymal sperm proteins will be useful in development of newer targets for posttesticular contraception and diagnostic markers for infertility. ..
- Nimbkar Joshi S, Katkam R, Chaudhari U, Jacob S, Manjramkar D, Metkari S, et al. Endometrial epithelial cell modifications in response to embryonic signals in bonnet monkeys (Macaca radiata). Histochem Cell Biol. 2012;138:289-304 pubmed publisher..This report is the first account of discrete cellular events, which occur in the uterine epithelium, at the embryo attachment stage in a primate species. ..
- Bhartiya D, Unni S, Parte S, Anand S. Very small embryonic-like stem cells: implications in reproductive biology. Biomed Res Int. 2013;2013:682326 pubmed publisher..It will also be relevant for future regenerative medicine, translational research, and clinical applications in human reproduction. ..
- Kulkarni Y, Veeranjaneyulu A. Effects of Gmelina arborea extract on experimentally induced diabetes. Asian Pac J Trop Med. 2013;6:602-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, it did not show significant glucose lowering effect in normoglycemic rats. ..
- Gill Sharma M, Aleem M, Sethi G, Choudhary J, Padwal V, D SOUZA S, et al. Antifertility effects of fluphenazine in adult male rats. J Endocrinol Invest. 2003;26:316-26 pubmed..The antifertility effects of fluphenazine-induced hyperprolactinemia appeared to be unrelated to testosterone (T). In addition, FSH decrease might have affected the intrinsic sperm quality and thereby reduced litter size. ..
- Adivarekar P, Bhagwat S, Raghavan V, Bandivdekar A. Effect of Lomodex-MgSO(4) in the prevention of reperfusion injury following unilateral testicular torsion: an experimental study in rats. Pediatr Surg Int. 2005;21:184-90 pubmed..The presence of agglutinating antibodies could not be detected in the present study. ..
- Chatterjee S, Premachandran S, Sharma D, Bagewadikar R, Poduval T. Therapeutic treatment with L-arginine rescues mice from heat stroke-induced death: physiological and molecular mechanisms. Shock. 2005;24:341-7 pubmed..These data suggest the potential use of L-arg, a nonessential amino acid that is used as an enteral diet supplement, to treat heat stroke-related injury when administered at the appropriate dose and time...
- Sonawat H, Sharma S. Host responses in malaria disease evaluated through nuclear magnetic resonance-based metabonomics. Clin Lab Med. 2012;32:129-42 pubmed publisher..Also the animals that are prone to cerebral malaria have different metabolic status vis-a-vis the ones that do not. Early prediction of susceptibility to cerebral malaria may be explored using such metabonomic methods. ..
- Kadam K, Mande P, Gawas N, Ahire S, Khole L. Autoantibodies to Heat-Shock Protein, HSPA5, and Epitope Spreading: High-Dose Dexamethasone Therapy Rescues Ovarian Function in Experimental Autoimmune Ovarian Insufficiency Mouse Model. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2016;75:580-93 pubmed publisher..We postulate that the shared immunodominant peptide could be included in a peptide array to detect both HSAP5 and HSP90Î² autoantibodies for early diagnosis or prognosis of aPOI and customized glucocorticoid therapy for such subjects. ..
- Datar P, Srivastava S, Coutinho E, Govil G. Substance P: structure, function, and therapeutics. Curr Top Med Chem. 2004;4:75-103 pubmed
- Harve G, Kamath V. Larvicidal activity of plant extracts used alone and in combination with known synthetic larvicidal agents against Aedes aegypti. Indian J Exp Biol. 2004;42:1216-9 pubmed..koenigii, F. asafetida, T. foenum graceum and 100 ppm of C. sativum. All the plants showed potential synergistic activity although showed comparatively poor larvicidal activity when tested individually. ..
- Bachhav Y, Patravale V. Microemulsion based vaginal gel of fluconazole: formulation, in vitro and in vivo evaluation. Int J Pharm. 2009;365:175-9 pubmed publisher..The small-scale clinical studies indicated that the FLZ-MBG shows faster onset of action than Candid V gel although no difference was observed in the clinical efficacy. ..
- Pathak S, D Souza R, Ankolkar M, Gaonkar R, Balasinor N. Potential role of estrogen in regulation of the insulin-like growth factor2-H19 locus in the rat testis. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2010;314:110-7 pubmed publisher..The study provides evidence for the role for estrogen in acquisition of imprint at Igf2/H19 DMR in testis and help in understanding molecular mechanism of environmental estrogens impacting male fertility. ..
- Pathak S, Rege M, Gogtay N, Aigal U, Sharma S, Valecha N, et al. Age-dependent sex bias in clinical malarial disease in hypoendemic regions. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35592 pubmed publisher..Possible roles of sex hormones, vector exposure, co-infections, and other factors in this enhanced susceptibility are discussed. ..
- Choudhury A, Khole V. HSP90 antibodies: a detrimental factor responsible for ovarian dysfunction. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2013;70:372-85 pubmed publisher..However, there are no reports correlating pathological effects of HSP90 autoantibodies leading to ovarian failure...
- Muliyil S, Narasimha M. Mitochondrial ROS regulates cytoskeletal and mitochondrial remodeling to tune cell and tissue dynamics in a model for wound healing. Dev Cell. 2014;28:239-52 pubmed publisher..They identify a pathway triggered by ROS and mediated by the Rho effector ROCK and its substrates that influences tissue patterning and homeostasis through the coordinate regulation of both mitochondrial morphology and tissue tension. ..
- Fule R, Paithankar V, Amin P. Hot melt extrusion based solid solution approach: Exploring polymer comparison, physicochemical characterization and in-vivo evaluation. Int J Pharm. 2016;499:280-294 pubmed publisher..It is observed that F1 SSL (soluplus based) have 66.44 times higher AUC(0-72) and 16.60 times higher Cmax than pure ARS. Also K1 SSL (Kollidon VA64 based) have 62.20 times higher AUC(0-72) and 13.40 times higher Cmax than pure ARS. ..
- Shirke S, Jadhav S, Jagtap A. Osteoprotective effect of Phaseolus vulgaris L in ovariectomy-induced osteopenia in rats. Menopause. 2009;16:589-96 pubmed publisher..The promising results of the study warrant further investigation of French beans as a potential candidate for the treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis. ..
- Bhutada S, Katkam R, Nandedkar T, Metkari S, Chaudhari U, Varghese S, et al. Uterine secretome and its modulation in rat (Rattus norvegicus). Reproduction. 2013;146:13-26 pubmed publisher..Data obtained from the study expand our knowledge on the uterine milieu that favours embryo implantation. ..
- Mohan K, Ravi K, Suresh P, Sumerford D, Head G. Field resistance to the Bacillus thuringiensis protein Cry1Ac expressed in Bollgard(®) hybrid cotton in pink bollworm, Pectinophora gossypiella (Saunders), populations in India. Pest Manag Sci. 2016;72:738-46 pubmed publisher..These findings underscore the higher vulnerability of single-gene Bt products relative to dual-gene products expressing Cry1Ac and Cry2Ab2, and the increased risk of resistance evolution with low refuge compliance. ..
- Tipre D, Vavia P. Acrylate-based transdermal therapeutic system of nitrendipine. Drug Dev Ind Pharm. 2003;29:71-8 pubmed..PSA2 was found to have good rate-controlling property and could be successfully employed in transdermal delivery of nitrendipine. ..
- Bhosle S, Huilgol N, Mishra K. Enhancement of radiation-induced oxidative stress and cytotoxicity in tumor cells by ellagic acid. Clin Chim Acta. 2005;359:89-100 pubmed..EA protects normal cells against radiation damage. This may offer potential therapeutic benefit, which warrants clinical study for application in cancer radiotherapy. ..
- Ghosh S, Kumar A, Pandey B, Mishra K. Acute exposure of uranyl nitrate causes lipid peroxidation and histopathological damage in brain and bone of Wistar rat. J Environ Pathol Toxicol Oncol. 2007;26:255-61 pubmed..It is concluded that administration of U at an acute nephrotoxic dose caused oxidative stress in brain and bone manifested as lipid peroxidation and histopathological damage...
- Das S, Suresh P, Desmukh R. Design of Eudragit RL 100 nanoparticles by nanoprecipitation method for ocular drug delivery. Nanomedicine. 2010;6:318-23 pubmed publisher..The described formulation displayed good antifungal activity against Fusarium solani when tested by disk diffusion method, and no eye irritation on in vivo testing was found. ..
- Brijesh S, Daswani P, Tetali P, Antia N, Birdi T. Studies on the antidiarrhoeal activity of Aegle marmelos unripe fruit: validating its traditional usage. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2009;9:47 pubmed publisher..Hence, we evaluated the hot aqueous extract (decoction) of dried unripe fruit pulp of A. marmelos for its antimicrobial activity and effect on various aspects of pathogenicity of infectious diarrhoea...
- Dagia N, Agarwal G, Kamath D, Chetrapal Kunwar A, Gupte R, Jadhav M, et al. A preferential p110alpha/gamma PI3K inhibitor attenuates experimental inflammation by suppressing the production of proinflammatory mediators in a NF-kappaB-dependent manner. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2010;298:C929-41 pubmed publisher..Given that PIK-75 is known to exhibit anti-cancer activity, the findings from this study thus reinforce the cross-therapeutic functionality of potential drugs. ..
- Joshi R, Gangabhagirathi R, Venu S, Adhikari S, Mukherjee T. Antioxidant activity and free radical scavenging reactions of gentisic acid: in-vitro and pulse radiolysis studies. Free Radic Res. 2012;46:11-20 pubmed publisher..We, therefore, propose that the antioxidant and radioprotective properties of GA are exerted by its phenoxyl group. ..
- Tak H, Mhatre M. Molecular characterization of DNA repair protein Ku70 from Vitis vinifera and its purification from transgenic tobacco. Transgenic Res. 2013;22:839-48 pubmed publisher..The VvKu70 identified by in silico approaches is present as a single copy number in V. vinifera cv. Mango genome. The VvKu70-GFP fused protein possesses ATPase activity and fails to bind dsDNA but binds ssDNA. ..
- Nadkarni B, Kamat V, Khadse B. Synthesis and anthelmintic activity of 3,6-disubstituted-7H-s-triazolo(3,4-b)(1,3,4)thiadiazines. Arzneimittelforschung. 2001;51:569-73 pubmed..These compounds have been studied for their in vivo anthelmintic activity in albino mice. A number of compounds showed promising activity when given by the oral route...
- Damre A, Gokhale A, Phadke A, Kulkarni K, Saraf M. Studies on the immunomodulatory activity of flavonoidal fraction of Tephrosia purpurea. Fitoterapia. 2003;74:257-61 pubmed..The results obtained indicate the ability of the flavonoidal fraction of T. purpurea to modulate both the cell-mediated and the humoral components of the immune system...
- Shah K, Juvekar A. Positive inotropic effect of Murraya koenigii (Linn.) Spreng extract on an isolated perfused frog heart. Indian J Exp Biol. 2006;44:481-4 pubmed..58 to 3.16 mM). Verapamil was found to inhibit the responses significantly. The results suggest that M. koenigii induced positive inotropic effect possibly by increasing availability of calcium from extra cellular sites...
- Manohar S, Rathos M, Sonawane V, Rao S, Joshi K. Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor, P276-00 induces apoptosis in multiple myeloma cells by inhibition of Cdk9-T1 and RNA polymerase II-dependent transcription. Leuk Res. 2011;35:821-30 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that P276-00 causes multiple myeloma cell death by disrupting the balance between cell survival and apoptosis through inhibition of transcription and downregulation of Mcl-1. ..
- Kumar B, Deepika A, Makesh M, Purushothaman C, Rajendran K. Production and characterization of monoclonal antibodies to the hemocytes of mud crab, Scylla serrata. J Invertebr Pathol. 2012;111:86-9 pubmed publisher..The MAbs also showed strong cross-reactivity with the hemocytes of different crab species but not with other crustaceans. The MAbs produced can be used as a marker for granular hemocytes of crabs. ..
- Shetty T, Satav J, Nair C. Radiation protection of DNA and membrane in vitro by extract of Hemidesmus indicus. Phytother Res. 2005;19:387-90 pubmed..Hemidesmus indicus (HI) root extract was found to protect microsomal membranes as evident from reduction in lipid peroxidation values. The extract could also protect DNA from radiation induced strand breaks. ..
- Murugesh M, Veerendra S, Madhu S, Kude S, Amrapurkar A, Rathi U, et al. Endoscopic extraction of Fasciolopsis buski. Endoscopy. 2007;39 Suppl 1:E129 pubmed
- Maurya D, Devasagayam T. Antioxidant and prooxidant nature of hydroxycinnamic acid derivatives ferulic and caffeic acids. Food Chem Toxicol. 2010;48:3369-73 pubmed publisher..These findings may have significant health implications where these natural compounds are being used/consumed. ..
- Tandon S, Inarkar M, Kumar R. Wetland treatment (HSSP) of wastewater from a milk-processing unit using Bambusa vulgaris, Typha latifolia and Cyperus rotundus. J Environ Sci Eng. 2010;52:23-6 pubmed..The percentage removal of COD and BOD at two days retention time followed the order: Golden bamboo (93, 88) > Cyperus rotundus (91, 90) > Typha latifolia (85, 87)...
- Bhattacharyya S, Mulherkar N, Chandran K. Endocytic pathways involved in filovirus entry: advances, implications and future directions. Viruses. 2012;4:3647-64 pubmed..This review addresses the current knowledge on cellular endocytic pathways implicated in filovirus entry, highlights the consensus as well as controversies, and discusses important remaining questions. ..
- Verma S, Rao B. p53 suppresses BRCA2-stimulated ATPase and strand exchange functions of human RAD51. J Biochem. 2013;154:237-48 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a rigorous p53-mediated regulation on hRAD51 functions in HR even in the presence of BRCA2. ..
- Dmello C, Sawant S, Alam H, Gangadaran P, Mogre S, Tiwari R, et al. Vimentin regulates differentiation switch via modulation of keratin 14 levels and their expression together correlates with poor prognosis in oral cancer patients. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0172559 pubmed publisher..Thus, in conclusion, vimentin regulates the differentiation switch via modulation of K5/K14 expression. Moreover, vimentin-K14 together may prove to be the novel markers for the prognostication of human oral cancer. ..
- Shyam Kishore K. A new vision on audition: a comparative study of the apparatus concerned with equilibrium and hearing. J Postgrad Med. 2003;49:88-9 pubmed
- Remedios R, Subramanian L, Tole S. LIM genes parcellate the embryonic amygdala and regulate its development. J Neurosci. 2004;24:6986-90 pubmed..The combinatorial expression patterns of LIM genes suggest a comprehensive mechanism for patterning this structure. ..
- Chaudhari M, Mengi S. Evaluation of phytoconstituents of Terminalia arjuna for wound healing activity in rats. Phytother Res. 2006;20:799-805 pubmed..Thus, the present study validates the claim made with respect to the plant as well as corroborating the astringent effect of tannins by drawing the tissues closer together. ..
- Checker R, Sharma D, Sandur S, Khanam S, Poduval T. Anti-inflammatory effects of plumbagin are mediated by inhibition of NF-kappaB activation in lymphocytes. Int Immunopharmacol. 2009;9:949-58 pubmed publisher..Further, plumbagin prevented Graft Versus Host Disease-induced mortality in mice. To our knowledge this is the first report showing the immunomodulatory effects of plumbagin in lymphocytes via modulation of NF-kappaB activation...
- Cuthbert R, Taggart M, Prakash V, Chakraborty S, Deori P, Galligan T, et al. Avian scavengers and the threat from veterinary pharmaceuticals. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2014;369: pubmed publisher..Large-scale research and survey were needed to detect, diagnose and quantify the problem and measure the response to remedial actions. Given these difficulties, other effects of pharmaceuticals in the environment may remain undetected. ..
- Varadkar P, Krishna M, Verma N. Dose-dependent differential expression of protein kinase C isozymes in mouse lymphocytes after gamma irradiation in vivo and ex vivo. Radiat Res. 2003;159:453-7 pubmed..Moreover, the differences between the response of a single cell and that of the whole animal must be considered. ..
- Naik G, Priyadarsini K, Satav J, Banavalikar M, Sohoni D, Biyani M, et al. Comparative antioxidant activity of individual herbal components used in Ayurvedic medicine. Phytochemistry. 2003;63:97-104 pubmed..The results were found to be in agreement with the lipid peroxidation data and AP4 showed maximum value of ascorbate equivalents. Therefore AP4, with high antioxidant activity, is considered as the best among these four extracts. ..
- Ayyub C, Paranjape J. Genetic interactions provide evidence for the role of integrins in specifying normal olfactory behavior in Drosophila melanogaster. J Neurogenet. 2002;16:165-74 pubmed..This study provides evidence for the roles of different integrin subunits and the sws product in regulating normal olfactory behavior in Drosophila. ..
- Fernandes N, Lagishetty C, Panda V, Naik S. An experimental evaluation of the antidiabetic and antilipidemic properties of a standardized Momordica charantia fruit extract. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2007;7:29 pubmed..Also, the extract lowered serum lipids in alloxan diabetic rats, suggesting its usefulness in controlling metabolic alterations associated with diabetes. ..
- Singh P, Rathinasamy K, Mohan R, Panda D. Microtubule assembly dynamics: an attractive target for anticancer drugs. IUBMB Life. 2008;60:368-75 pubmed publisher..Here, we suggest that these drugs may have a significant use in cancer chemotherapy when used in combination with other anticancer drugs. ..
- Saudagar P, Survase S, Singhal R. Clavulanic acid: a review. Biotechnol Adv. 2008;26:335-51 pubmed publisher..The review discusses the biosynthetic pathway, fermentative production, downstream processing and applications of CA. ..
- Shah A, Wakade A, Juvekar A. Immunomodulatory activity of methanolic extract of Murraya koenigii (L) Spreng. leaves. Indian J Exp Biol. 2008;46:505-9 pubmed..Present study thus reveals that the extract holds promise as immunomodulatory agent, which acts by stimulating humoral immunity and phagocytic function...
- Basu S, Zhuang H, Torigian D, Rosenbaum J, Chen W, Alavi A. Functional imaging of inflammatory diseases using nuclear medicine techniques. Semin Nucl Med. 2009;39:124-45 pubmed publisher..Therefore, functional imaging, led by FDG-PET imaging, is likely to play an increasingly critical role in assessing inflammatory disorders of known and unknown etiologies, and will improve their management immensely in the future. ..
- Desai B, Shirolikar S, Ray K. F-actin-based extensions of the head cyst cell adhere to the maturing spermatids to maintain them in a tight bundle and prevent their premature release in Drosophila testis. BMC Biol. 2009;7:19 pubmed publisher..This is likely to regulate mature sperm release into the seminal vesicle. Overall, this process bears resemblance to mammalian spermiation. ..
- Singh A, Vijayraghavan K, Rodrigues V. Dendritic refinement of an identified neuron in the Drosophila CNS is regulated by neuronal activity and Wnt signaling. Development. 2010;137:1351-60 pubmed publisher..We show how the maturation of sensory function interacts with broadly distributed signaling molecules, resulting in their localized action in the refinement of dendritic arbors. ..
- Basant A, Rege M, Sharma S, Sonawat H. Alterations in urine, serum and brain metabolomic profiles exhibit sexual dimorphism during malaria disease progression. Malar J. 2010;9:110 pubmed publisher..Additionally, the distinct sexual dimorphism exhibited in these responses has a bearing on the understanding of the pathophysiology of malaria. ..
- Benekareddy M, Vadodaria K, Nair A, Vaidya V. Postnatal serotonin type 2 receptor blockade prevents the emergence of anxiety behavior, dysregulated stress-induced immediate early gene responses, and specific transcriptional changes that arise following early life stress. Biol Psychiatry. 2011;70:1024-32 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that enhanced 5-HT(2) receptor function may contribute to the emergence of anxiety behavior and perturbed stress responses following early life stress. ..
- Shirsath N, Rathos M, Chaudhari U, Sivaramakrishnan H, Joshi K. Potentiation of anticancer effect of valproic acid, an antiepileptic agent with histone deacetylase inhibitory activity, by the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor P276-00 in human non-small-cell lung cancer cell lines. Lung Cancer. 2013;82:214-21 pubmed publisher..This study indicates that the combination of HDAC inhibitor VPA with CDK inhibitor P276-00 is promising novel molecularly targeted therapeutic approach for NSCLC treatment. ..
- Vidya R, Makesh M, Purushothaman C, Chaudhari A, Gireesh Babu P, Rajendran K. Report of leucine-rich repeats (LRRs) from Scylla serrata: Ontogeny, molecular cloning, characterization and expression analysis following ligand stimulation, and upon bacterial and viral infections. Gene. 2016;590:159-68 pubmed publisher..The result provides additional information which would help in future studies in understanding the innate immune pathways in crustaceans. ..
- Srivastava S, Dahal S, Naidu S, Anand D, Gopalakrishnan V, Kooloth Valappil R, et al. DNA double-strand break repair in Penaeus monodon is predominantly dependent on homologous recombination. DNA Res. 2017;24:117-128 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, unlike HR, MMEJ was predominant at lower temperatures. Therefore, the results suggest that, while HR is major DSB repair pathway in shrimp, MMEJ also plays a role in ensuring the continuity and stability of the genome. ..
- Kharkar P. Cancer stem cell (CSC) inhibitors: a review of recent patents (2012-2015). Expert Opin Ther Pat. 2017;27:753-761 pubmed publisher..Drug repurposing can be attempted to discover newer anti-CSC drugs quickly. ..
- Shetty V, Wakade A, Ghate S, Pai V, Ganapati R, Antia N. Viability and drug susceptibility testing of M. leprae using mouse footpad in 37 relapse cases of leprosy. Int J Lepr Other Mycobact Dis. 2003;71:210-7 pubmed..Also, in one case skin and nerve showed that discordance viz: M. leprae derived from skin were resistant to RFP, while those derived from nerve tested sensitive to all three drugs, indicating tissue related difference. ..
- Bapat K, Chintalwar G, Pandey U, Thakur V, Sarma H, Samuel G, et al. Preparation and in vitro evaluation of radioiodinated bakuchiol as an anti tumor agent. Appl Radiat Isot. 2005;62:389-93 pubmed..In both LS-A and barcl-95, 125I-bakuchiol showed significant uptake. Viability studies showed that the radioiodinated compound showed greater cytotoxic effect than bakuchiol. ..
- Kenjale R, Shah R, Sathaye S. Anti-stress and anti-oxidant effects of roots of Chlorophytum borivilianum (Santa Pau & Fernandes). Indian J Exp Biol. 2007;45:974-9 pubmed..The results suggested that it could be used for the treatment of oxidative stress-induced disorders. ..
- Mula S, Banerjee D, Patro B, Bhattacharya S, Barik A, Bandyopadhyay S, et al. Inhibitory property of the Piper betel phenolics against photosensitization-induced biological damages. Bioorg Med Chem. 2008;16:2932-8 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that APC may play an important role in protecting biological systems against damage, by eliminating (1)O(2) generated from certain endogenous photosensitizers. ..
- Yedery R, Reddy K. Purification and characterization of antibacterial proteins from granular hemocytes of Indian mud crab, Scylla serrata. Acta Biochim Pol. 2009;56:71-82 pubmed..The study suggests that SSAP might be an isoform or a variant of scygonadin and might play an important role in regulating the immunity of the crab upon microbial infection. ..
- Dagia N, Kamath D, Bhatt P, Gupte R, Dadarkar S, Fonseca L, et al. A fluorinated analog of ISO-1 blocks the recognition and biological function of MIF and is orally efficacious in a murine model of colitis. Eur J Pharmacol. 2009;607:201-12 pubmed publisher..Compounds (e.g., ISO-F) that block not only the recognition but also the biological function of MIF are potentially attractive for reducing pathological inflammation. ..
- Kulkarni M, Juvekar A. Effect of Alstonia scholaris (Linn.) R. Br. on stress and cognition in mice. Indian J Exp Biol. 2009;47:47-52 pubmed..11% and nitric oxide radical at 62.77%. The present study, thus, provided scientific support for anti-stress (adaptogenic), antioxidant and nootropic activities of methanolic extract of bark of Alstonia scholaris. ..
- Shegokar R, Singh K. Surface modified nevirapine nanosuspensions for viral reservoir targeting: In vitro and in vivo evaluation. Int J Pharm. 2011;421:341-52 pubmed publisher..Higher MRT values of surface coated nanosuspension in brain, liver and spleen as compared to pure drug solution ensured enhanced bioavailability and prolonged residence of the drug at the target site. ..
- Kate L, Gokarna V, Borhade V, Prabhu P, Deshpande V, Pathak S, et al. Bioavailability enhancement of atovaquone using hot melt extrusion technology. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2016;86:103-14 pubmed publisher..Thus the developed methodology shows promising potential to solve the problems associated with Atovaquone therapy, namely its high cost and poor oral bioavailability, resulting in increased therapeutic efficacy of Atovaquone. ..
- Saha B, Hari P, Huilgol D, Tole S. Dual role for LIM-homeodomain gene Lhx2 in the formation of the lateral olfactory tract. J Neurosci. 2007;27:2290-7 pubmed..In addition, the expression of Sema6A is aberrantly upregulated. Together, these findings reveal a dual role for Lhx2, in the OB as well as in the lateral telencephalon, for establishing the LOT projection. ..
- Cherian E, Sudheesh N, Janardhanan K, Patani G. Free-radical scavenging and mitochondrial antioxidant activities of Reishi-Ganoderma lucidum (Curt: Fr) P. Karst and Arogyapacha-Trichopus zeylanicus Gaertn extracts. J Basic Clin Physiol Pharmacol. 2009;20:289-307 pubmed..lucidum extract was higher than that of T. zeylanicus. Our findings suggest a potential therapeutic efficacy of G. lucidum extract to protect against aging and to a certain extent against age-related degenerative diseases...
- Ansari K, Vavia P, Trotta F, Cavalli R. Cyclodextrin-based nanosponges for delivery of resveratrol: in vitro characterisation, stability, cytotoxicity and permeation study. AAPS PharmSciTech. 2011;12:279-86 pubmed publisher..The accumulation study in rabbit mucosa showed better accumulation of resveratrol NS formulation than plain drug. These results signify that resveratrol NS formulation can be used for buccal delivery and topical application. ..
- Pimparkar B, Bhave A. Arsenicosis: review of recent advances. J Assoc Physicians India. 2010;58:617-24, 629 pubmed..Measuring arsenic exposure, metabolic and biologic effects by newly described and simpler urine proteomics may accelerate our understanding of arsenic on health consequences. ..