Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on retrospective studies in Budapest, Hungary
Locale: Budapest, Hungary
Topic: retrospective studies
- Pomerantz M, Spisak S, Jia L, Cronin A, Csabai I, Ledet E, et al. The association between germline BRCA2 variants and sensitivity to platinum-based chemotherapy among men with metastatic prostate cancer. Cancer. 2017;123:3532-3539 pubmed publisher..Cancer 2017;123:3532-9. © 2017 American Cancer Society. ..
- Madarász E, Tabak A, Speer G, Lakatos P, Kerenyi Z, Tamás G. Abnormal glucose tolerance is associated with diminished postload change in leptin levels in women. Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2009;25:632-8 pubmed publisher..Disturbed leptin changes were found following an OGTT in women with abnormal glucose tolerance that might be either a cause or a consequence of leptin resistance. ..
- Banhidy F, Acs N, Puho E, Czeizel A. Varicose veins of lower extremities in pregnant women and birth outcomes. Cent Eur J Public Health. 2010;18:161-8 pubmed..In conclusion, VVLE in pregnant women does not associate with obvious hazard for their fetuses. ..
- Kapás I, Majtenyi K, Töro K, Keller E, Voigtlander T, Kovacs G. Pellagra encephalopathy as a differential diagnosis for Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. Metab Brain Dis. 2012;27:231-5 pubmed publisher..Pellagra encephalopathy may be considered as a differential diagnosis of CJD including detection of protein 14-3-3. ..
- Ungar L, Palfalvi L, Tarnai L, Nechushkina V, Lintner B, Novak Z. Surgical treatment of stage IB cervical cancer. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2012;22:1597-603 pubmed publisher..We suggest this strategy to be mentioned as one alternative in future treatment protocols. ..
- Peterlongo P, Chang Claude J, Moysich K, Rudolph A, Schmutzler R, Simard J, et al. Candidate genetic modifiers for breast and ovarian cancer risk in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2015;24:308-16 pubmed publisher..Genome-wide association studies have been more successful at identifying genetic modifiers of BRCA1/2 penetrance than candidate gene studies. ..
- Ujpál M, Németh Z, Reichwein A, Szabó G. Long-term results following surgical treatment of benign symmetric lipomatosis (BSL). Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2001;30:479-83 pubmed..Over a period of 30 years, the authors treated 31 patients with benign symmetric lipomatosis. They review the pertinent literature and report retrospectively on the fates of the 11 surviving patients. ..
- Czeizel A, Fladung B, Vargha P. Preterm birth reduction after clotrimazole treatment during pregnancy. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2004;116:157-63 pubmed
- Patonai A, Erdélyi Belle B, Korompay A, Somorácz A, Straub B, Schirmacher P, et al. Claudins and tricellulin in fibrolamellar hepatocellular carcinoma. Virchows Arch. 2011;458:679-88 pubmed publisher..This is the first report describing the loss of tricellulin expression in human hepatic tumors. ..
- Ungar L, Palfalvi L. Pelvic exenteration without external urinary or fecal diversion in gynecological cancer patients. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2006;16:364-8 pubmed..Our present experience demonstrated that anterior and total supralevator pelvic exenteration in patients with gynecological malignancies is feasible with orthotopic reconstruction of the lower urinary tract. ..
- Lazar L, Rigo J, Nagy B, Balogh K, Makó V, Cervenak L, et al. Relationship of circulating cell-free DNA levels to cell-free fetal DNA levels, clinical characteristics and laboratory parameters in preeclampsia. BMC Med Genet. 2009;10:120 pubmed publisher..Hepatocellular necrosis seems to be responsible--at least partly--for increased circulating total DNA levels in preeclampsia, as suggested by the significant correlation with liver enzyme activities. ..
- Czaller I, Visy B, Csuka D, Fust G, Toth F, Farkas H. The natural history of hereditary angioedema and the impact of treatment with human C1-inhibitor concentrate during pregnancy: a long-term survey. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2010;152:44-9 pubmed publisher..According to our experience, C1-INH concentrate is an effective and safe therapeutic option during pregnancy. ..
- Remenyi P, Varga G, Mikala G, Reti M, Gopcsa L, Batai A, et al. Early Versus Delayed Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation and Interferon Maintenance in Multiple Myeloma: Single-Center Experience of 18 Years. Transplant Proc. 2016;48:177-84 pubmed publisher..4 [105.1-195.8] mo vs 86.1 [72.5-99.7] mo; P = .003). Our findings demonstrate that delayed ASCT can be feasible in selected patients. ..
- Tuzson R, Varsanyi B, Vince Nagy B, Lesch B, Vamos R, Nemeth J, et al. Role of multifocal electroretinography in the diagnosis of idiopathic macular hole. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:1666-70 pubmed publisher..The lower amplitude may forecast the propensity for subsequent development of a macular hole. Patients with low central ERG amplitude and lower ring ratios in the healthy fellow eyes should have stricter follow-up. ..
- Hajdu J, Beke A, Pete B, Oroszné N, Papp Z. [Prenatal diagnosis of the atrioventricular septal defect and it's effect on the outcome of the pregnancies]. Orv Hetil. 2005;146:1775-80 pubmed..If the atrioventricular septal defect is an isolated heart malformation, the risk of associated chromosomal anomalies are much higher than in cases of complex heart malformations. The early prenatal diagnosis has great importance. ..
- Szeifert G, Kondziolka D, Atteberry D, Salmon I, Rorive S, Levivier M, et al. Radiosurgical pathology of brain tumors: metastases, schwannomas, meningiomas, astrocytomas, hemangioblastomas. Prog Neurol Surg. 2007;20:91-105 pubmed
- Miheller P, Lakatos P, Horvath G, Molnar T, Szamosi T, Czegledi Z, et al. Efficacy and safety of infliximab induction therapy in Crohn's Disease in Central Europe--a Hungarian nationwide observational study. BMC Gastroenterol. 2009;9:66 pubmed publisher..Based on our experience co-administration of immunosuppressant therapy is suggested in patients receiving IFX induction therapy. However, concomitant steroid treatment did not enhanced the efficacy of IFX induction therapy. ..
- Hollo G, Cvenkel B, Teus M, Irkec M, Astakhov Y, Chiselita D, et al. Is there any difference in target intraocular pressure for exfoliative glaucoma patients with cardiovascular disease history?. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2010;20:1000-6 pubmed..0097). Although IOP is the main determinant of progression in XFG under treatment, history of severe CVD should be further investigated as potential risk factor for glaucomatous progression. ..
- Fulop V, Szigetvari I, Szepesi J, Vegh G, Batorfi J, Nagymanyoki Z, et al. 30 years' experience in the treatment of low-risk gestational trophoblastic neoplasia in Hungary. J Reprod Med. 2010;55:253-7 pubmed..Results show that patient care under the direction of experienced clinicians serves to optimize the opportunity for cure and minimize morbidity. ..
- Czeizel A, Gidai J, Petik D, Timmermann G, Puhó E. Self-poisoning during pregnancy as a model for teratogenic risk estimation of drugs. Toxicol Ind Health. 2008;24:11-28 pubmed publisher..g., dose-response estimation) in comparison with other methods. It is suggested that an international monitoring system of self-poisoned pregnant women should be established to provide a larger database. ..
- Nagy Z, Turcsik V, Blasko G. The effect of LMWH (Nadroparin) on tumor progression. Pathol Oncol Res. 2009;15:689-92 pubmed publisher..Comparing with the control group, in some subgroups (T3 and T4, as well as M1) the LMWH-treated patients showed a significantly increased survival. ..
- Czeizel A, Puho E, Acs N, Banhidy F. Delineation of a multiple congenital abnormality syndrome in the offspring of pregnant women affected with high fever-related disorders: a population-based study. Congenit Anom (Kyoto). 2008;48:158-66 pubmed publisher..0%) among 181 MCA babies born to mothers with high fever-related diseases. In the total dataset of 1349 MCA, 2.8% of cases can be associated with high fever. ..
- Hegyi M, Semsei A, Jakab Z, Antal I, Kiss J, Szendroi M, et al. Good prognosis of localized osteosarcoma in young patients treated with limb-salvage surgery and chemotherapy. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2011;57:415-22 pubmed publisher..008). Our results demonstrate that younger patients with localized osteosarcoma of the extremities who receive limb-salvage surgery and chemotherapy have an excellent survival. ..
- Bata P, Gyebnar J, Tarnoki D, Tarnoki A, Kekesi D, Szendroi A, et al. Clear cell renal cell carcinoma and papillary renal cell carcinoma: differentiation of distinct histological types with multiphase CT. Diagn Interv Radiol. 2013;19:387-92 pubmed publisher..The measurement of the degree of enhancement on contrast-enhanced multidetector CT may be a simple and useful method to radiologically differentiate between the two histological types of RCC. ..
- vom Dorp F, Tschirdewahn S, Niedworok C, Reis H, Krause H, Kempkensteffen C, et al. Circulating and Tissue Expression Levels of YKL-40 in Renal Cell Cancer. J Urol. 2016;195:1120-5 pubmed publisher..Tumor cells do not seem to be the main source of increased serum/plasma YKL-40 levels in patients with renal cell cancer. ..
- Kelemen Z, Moldovan D, Mihály E, Visy B, Széplaki G, Csuka D, et al. Baseline level of functional C1-inhibitor correlates with disease severity scores in hereditary angioedema. Clin Immunol. 2010;134:354-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings underlie the potential significance of monitoring functional C1-INH levels in relation to clinical disease course. ..
- Banhidy F, Acs N, Puho E, Czeizel A. Chronic hypertension with related drug treatment of pregnant women and congenital abnormalities in their offspring: a population-based study. Hypertens Res. 2011;34:257-63 pubmed publisher..This finding requires confirmation or lack thereof by future studies. ..
- Rozsa N, Fabian G, Szádeczky B, Kaán M, Gabris K, Tarjan I. [Prevalence of impacted permanent upper canine and its treatment in 11-18-year-old orthodontic patients]. Fogorv Sz. 2003;96:65-9 pubmed..Following the premolar extraction spontaneous occlusions of the impacted canine was established in 3.03%. Authors present the complex therapy of one case of palatally impacted upper permanent canine. ..
- HalÃ¡sz T, HorvÃ¡th G, Kiss A, PÃ¡r G, Szombati A, Gelley F, et al. Evaluation of Histological and non-Invasive Methods for the Detection of Liver Fibrosis: The Values of Histological and Digital Morphometric Analysis, Liver Stiffness Measurement and APRI Score. Pathol Oncol Res. 2016;22:1-6 pubmed publisher..The stronger correlation between LS values and Metavir scores, as well as the results of DMA in case of appropriate sample size were remarkable. ..
- Lakatos P, Golovics P, David G, Pandur T, Erdelyi Z, Horvath A, et al. Has there been a change in the natural history of Crohn's disease? Surgical rates and medical management in a population-based inception cohort from Western Hungary between 1977-2009. Am J Gastroenterol. 2012;107:579-88 pubmed publisher..42, 95% CI: 0.26-0.67). This population-based inception cohort has shown that the recent reduction in surgical rates was independently associated with increased and earlier AZA use. ..
- Bálint A, Baule C, Palfi V, Belak S. Retrospective genome analysis of a live vaccine strain of bovine viral diarrhea virus. Vet Res. 2005;36:89-99 pubmed
- Krahling T, Balassa K, Kiss K, Bors A, Batai A, Halm G, et al. Co-occurrence of Myeloproliferative Neoplasms and Solid Tumors Is Attributed to a Synergism Between Cytoreductive Therapy and the Common TERT Polymorphism rs2736100. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2016;25:98-104 pubmed publisher..The high frequency of TERT variant in the classic MPN population highlights the importance of the avoidance of long-term cytoreductive treatment in MPN patients. ..
- Vogt G, Puho E, Czeizel A. A population-based case-control study of isolated anophthalmia and microphthalmia. Eur J Epidemiol. 2005;20:939-46 pubmed..Further molecular genetic studies are needed to identify gene mutations of isolated an/microphthalmia in the Hungarian gypsy population. ..
- Janszky J, Schulz R, Ebner A. Clinical features and surgical outcome of medial temporal lobe epilepsy with a history of complex febrile convulsions. Epilepsy Res. 2003;55:1-8 pubmed..Medial TLE with CFC is not a distinct epilepsy syndrome. The surgical outcome, however, is much more favorable in these patients in comparison with medial TLE patients who had no history of febrile convulsions. ..
- Foley N, Racz J, Al Hilli Z, Livingstone V, Cil T, Holloway C, et al. An International Multicenter Review of the Malignancy Rate of Excised Papillomatous Breast Lesions. Ann Surg Oncol. 2015;22 Suppl 3:S385-90 pubmed publisher..It may be possible to stratify higher-risk patients according to age and core needle biopsy findings, thereby avoiding surgery on low-risk patients. ..
- Cserni G, Bori R, Sejben I, Ãgoston E, Ãcs B, SzÃ¡sz A. The Petersen prognostic index revisited in Dukes B colon cancer--Inter-institutional differences. Pathol Res Pract. 2016;212:73-6 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that using the PI may be of value in prognostic factor based therapy selection of colon carcinoma patients. ..
- Banhidy F, Acs N, Puho E, Czeizel A. Pregnancy complications and birth outcomes of pregnant women with urinary tract infections and related drug treatments. Scand J Infect Dis. 2007;39:390-7 pubmed..In conclusion, maternal urinary tract infections during pregnancy increase pre-eclampsia and polyhydramnios, and in addition the rate of preterm birth; however, the latter is preventable by appropriate drug treatments. ..
- Shroff R, Aitkenhead H, Costa N, Trivelli A, Litwin M, Picca S, et al. Normal 25-Hydroxyvitamin D Levels Are Associated with Less Proteinuria and Attenuate Renal Failure Progression in Children with CKD. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2016;27:314-22 pubmed publisher..In children with CKD, 25(OH)D ?50 nmol/L was associated with greater preservation of renal function. This effect was present but attenuated with concomitant ACEi therapy. ..
- Peter A, Telkes G, Varga M, Sarvary E, Kovalszky I. Endoscopic diagnosis of cytomegalovirus infection of upper gastrointestinal tract in solid organ transplant recipients: Hungarian single-center experience. Clin Transplant. 2004;18:580-4 pubmed..1% of negative patients. Qualitative PCR is an accurate method for the detection of CMV in the mucosa of the GI tract. Further investigations are needed for determination of the exact pathological role of detected CMV. ..
- Muller V, Gálffy G, Eszes N, Losonczy G, Bizzi A, Nicolini G, et al. Asthma control in patients receiving inhaled corticosteroid and long-acting beta2-agonist fixed combinations. A real-life study comparing dry powder inhalers and a pressurized metered dose inhaler extrafine formulation. BMC Pulm Med. 2011;11:40 pubmed publisher..This could be due to the improved lung deposition of the dose or less reliance on the optimal inhalation technique or both. ..
- Bánlaki Z, Raizer G, Acs B, Majnik J, Doleschall M, Szilagyi A, et al. ACTH-induced cortisol release is related to the copy number of the C4B gene encoding the fourth component of complement in patients with non-functional adrenal incidentaloma. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2012;76:478-84 pubmed publisher..Since hyperreactivity of the HPA axis is known to be associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular disease, our present findings may explain the increased cardiovascular morbidity and mortality of C4B*Q0 carriers. ..
- Kovacs P, Sajgo A, Rárosi F, Kaali S. Does it really matter how far from the fundus embryos are transferred?. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2012;162:62-6 pubmed publisher..Transfer depth does not affect implantation and pregnancy rates when the ET is in the middle or upper third of the uterus. ..
- Meszner Z, Molnar Z, Rampakakis E, Yang H, Kuter B, Wolfson L. Economic burden of varicella in children 1-12 Years of age in Hungary, 2011-2015. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:495 pubmed publisher..These results support the need for routine vaccination of all healthy children to reduce the varicella-associated disease burden. ..
- Balogh A, Derzbach L, Vannay A, Vasarhelyi B. Lack of association between insulin-like growth factor I receptor G(+3174)A polymorphism and retinopathy of prematurity. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2006;244:1035-8 pubmed..A possible cause for the lack of association is that the rapid nutritional and metabolic changes during postnatal life have a greater effect on IGF-I levels than this SNP does. ..
- Ujpál M, Matos O, Bíbok G, Somogyi A, Szigeti K, Szabo G, et al. [Diabetes mellitus and tumors of the oral cavity--epidemiologic correlations]. Orv Hetil. 2004;145:755-9 pubmed..A possible correlation between DM and oral premalignancies and tumors was examined in this study, as no literature data are available concerning this problem...
- Györke T, Zajic T, Lange A, Schäfer O, Moser E, Makó E, et al. Impact of FDG PET for staging of Ewing sarcomas and primitive neuroectodermal tumours. Nucl Med Commun. 2006;27:17-24 pubmed..Our purpose was to evaluate the value of [18F]fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography (FDG PET) in patients with Ewing tumours...
- Rugonfalvi Kiss S, Dosa E, Madsen H, Endresz V, Prohaszka Z, Laki J, et al. High rate of early restenosis after carotid eversion endarterectomy in homozygous carriers of the normal mannose-binding lectin genotype. Stroke. 2005;36:944-8 pubmed..007). These results indicate that reoccurrence of stenosis after carotid endarterectomy is partially genetically determined and imply that MBL contributes significantly to the pathophysiology of this condition. ..
- Czeizel A, Rockenbauer M, Sørensen H, Olsen J. A population-based case-control study of oral chlordiazepoxide use during pregnancy and risk of congenital abnormalities. Neurotoxicol Teratol. 2004;26:593-8 pubmed..In conclusion, therapeutic doses of chlordiazepoxide during pregnancy are unlikely to pose a substantial teratogenic risk to the human fetus, although a somewhat higher rate of congenital cardiovascular malformations cannot be excluded. ..
- Paukovits T, Lukacs L, Berczi V, Hirschberg K, Nemes B, Huttl K. Percutaneous endovascular treatment of innominate artery lesions: a single-centre experience on 77 lesions. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2010;40:35-43 pubmed publisher..79) in primary cumulative patencies between PTA alone (n=28) or PTA/stent (n=49). Transfemoral PTA with or without stent appears to be a safe treatment option for innominate artery lesions. ..
- Banhidy F, Acs N, Horvath Puho E, Czeizel A. Maternal severe migraine and risk of congenital limb deficiencies. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2006;76:592-601 pubmed..Therefore, we examined the risk of congenital abnormalities in infants born to women who had migraines and other headaches during pregnancy...
- Rihmer Z, Gonda X, Torzsa P, Kalabay L, Akiskal H, Eory A. Affective temperament, history of suicide attempt and family history of suicide in general practice patients. J Affect Disord. 2013;149:350-4 pubmed publisher..Our findings also suggest that the presence of cyclothymic (and to lesser extent depressive) affective temperament in a patient with family history of completed suicide indicates a very high risk of suicidal behaviour. ..
- Szalay K, Antal I, Kiss J, Szendroi M. Comparison of the degenerative changes in weight-bearing joints following cementing or grafting techniques in giant cell tumour patients: medium-term results. Int Orthop. 2006;30:505-9 pubmed
- Bányász I, Bokodi G, Vannay A, Szebeni B, Treszl A, Vasarhelyi B, et al. Genetic polymorphisms of vascular endothelial growth factor and angiopoietin 2 in retinopathy of prematurity. Curr Eye Res. 2006;31:685-90 pubmed..The prevalence of VEGF(-2578) "A" allele was lower in preterm boys with severe ROP (stages 4-5) than in those without or with mild ROP (stages 1-3). ..
- Vannay A, Dunai G, Bányász I, Szabo M, Vamos R, Treszl A, et al. Association of genetic polymorphisms of vascular endothelial growth factor and risk for proliferative retinopathy of prematurity. Pediatr Res. 2005;57:396-8 pubmed..01) even after the adjustment for risk factors of ROP (gestational age, supplemental oxygen therapy, and gender). These findings suggest that the VEGF genotype may be associated with risk for proliferative ROP in VLBW infants. ..
- Krempels K, Somlyai I, Somlyai G. A retrospective evaluation of the effects of deuterium depleted water consumption on 4 patients with brain metastases from lung cancer. Integr Cancer Ther. 2008;7:172-81 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to investigate the impact of deuterium depleted water (DDW) consumption in addition to conventional forms of therapy on the survival of lung cancer patients with brain metastasis...
- Kis E, Verebely T, Várkonyi I, Máttyus I. [Multicystic dysplastic kidney: natural history of the affected and the contralateral kidney compared to the normal and solitary kidney]. Orv Hetil. 2002;143:19-23 pubmed..Complications of multicystic dysplastic kidney are rare, but hypertension and malignant transformation represent real danger...
- Ecsedy M, Recsan Z. Posterior hyaloid peeling in advanced stages of aggressive posterior ROP. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2011;21:179-82 pubmed..To evaluate the indications and timing of surgical intervention on eyes with aggressive posterior retinopathy of prematurity (ROP)...
- Konc J, Kanyo K, Varga E, Kriston R, Cseh S. The effect of cycle regimen used for endometrium preparation on the outcome of day 3 frozen embryo transfer cycle. Fertil Steril. 2010;94:767-8 pubmed publisher..All three procedures were equally effective in terms of pregnancy outcome, although a higher probability of pregnancy was found in the natural cycle...
- Gullai N, Stenczer B, Molvarec A, Fügedi G, Veresh Z, Nagy B, et al. Evaluation of a rapid and simple placental growth factor test in hypertensive disorders of pregnancy. Hypertens Res. 2013;36:457-62 pubmed publisher..A positive test using the Triage PlGF assay at 22-34 weeks of gestation predicts delivery before 37 weeks in women with both proteinuric and non-proteinuric hypertensive disorders of pregnancy. ..
- Lotte J, Bast T, Borusiak P, Coppola A, Cross J, Dimova P, et al. Effectiveness of antiepileptic therapy in patients with PCDH19 mutations. Seizure. 2016;35:106-10 pubmed publisher..However, assessing the effectiveness of the drugs is difficult because a possible age-dependent spontaneous seizure remission must be considered. ..
- Vadasz P, Egervary M. Mucoepidermoid bronchial tumors: a review of 34 operated cases. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2000;17:566-9 pubmed..These neoplasms are extremely rare and little is known about their oncologic behaviour. They are considered to be of high, or low malignancy...
- Liptai Z, Ujhelyi E, Mihály I, Rudas G, Barsi P. [Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis in childhood]. Ideggyogy Sz. 2009;62:244-54 pubmed..The purpose of the study was the systematic analysis of clinical, radiological and microbiological profiles of children treated at Szent László Hospital, and the comparison of findings with literature data...
- Brigitta B, István B, Gábor U, Gábor G. [The birth of convulsive therapy]. Neuropsychopharmacol Hung. 2008;10:275-9 pubmed..Finally, in a broader context, the role of convulsive treatment in the development of modern biological psychiatry and Laszlo Meduna's contribution to this development touched upon. ..
- Maneschg O, Csákány B, Nemeth J. [Ultrasonographic findings in endophthalmitis following cataract surgery : a review of 81 cases]. Ophthalmologe. 2009;106:1012-5 pubmed publisher..Review and analysis of ultrasonographic data of patients with endophthalmitis following cataract surgery...
- Puho E, Szunyogh M, Metneki J, Czeizel A. Drug treatment during pregnancy and isolated orofacial clefts in hungary. Cleft Palate Craniofac J. 2007;44:194-202 pubmed..To evaluate the possible association between all kinds of drug treatments during pregnancy and isolated cleft lip with or without cleft palate (CL/P) and posterior cleft palate (PCP) in the offspring...
- Czeizel A. Lack of evidence of teratogenicity of benzodiazepine drugs in Hungary. Reprod Toxicol. 1987;1:183-8 pubmed..None of these four approaches gave any indication of an association between facial clefting and in utero exposure to these substances. ..
- Banhidy F, Acs N, Puho E, Czeizel A. Rate of preterm births in pregnant women with common lower genital tract infection: a population-based study based on the clinical practice. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2009;22:410-8 pubmed publisher..However, the high rate of preterm births in pregnant women without genital tract infection and antimicrobial treatment may be connected with asymptomatic or unrecognized symptomatic and untreated vaginal infections. ..
- Riesz P, Nyirady P, Szucs M, Szendroi A, Majoros A, Bánfi G, et al. [Experiences in treatment and follow up of 50 patients with penile cancer]. Orv Hetil. 2007;148:1751-6 pubmed..Malignant tumour of the penis is a rare disease. Although most of the cases are squamous cell carcinoma histologically, operation is managed by the urologist because of its location...
- Erdelyi D, Kamory E, Zalka A, Semsei A, Csokay B, Andrikovics H, et al. The role of ABC-transporter gene polymorphisms in chemotherapy induced immunosuppression, a retrospective study in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. Cell Immunol. 2006;244:121-4 pubmed..The frequency of any toxicities were not shown to differ according to the ABCG2 421C>A genotype. Our data suggest that the ABCB1 3435T>C genotype is associated with the infectious complications of the applied chemotherapy regimen...
- Malik P, Bálint A, Dan A, Palfi V. Molecular characterisation of the ORF68 region of equine herpesvirus-1 strains isolated from aborted fetuses in Hungary between 1977 and 2008. Acta Vet Hung. 2012;60:175-87 pubmed publisher..The number of newly formed groups suggests that the further analysis of unknown EHV-1 isolates would involve the emergence of extended numbers of new groups, which can impair the usability of this grouping method. ..
- Hollo P, Gonzalez R, Kasa M, Horvath A. Synchronous balneophototherapy is effective for the different clinical types of psoriasis. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2005;19:578-81 pubmed..Patients with small plaques have the greatest chance of the most marked clinical clearing; guttate and large plaque types of psoriasis also respond well to the treatment. ..
- Gazdag G, Kocsis Ficzere N, Tolna J. The augmentation of clozapine treatment with electroconvulsive therapy. Ideggyogy Sz. 2006;59:261-7 pubmed..The simultaneous use of different augmentation strategies is expected to increase only the side effects not the efficacy of the treatment. ..
- Szebeni B, Szekeres R, Rusai K, Vannay A, Veres G, Treszl A, et al. Genetic polymorphisms of CD14, toll-like receptor 4, and caspase-recruitment domain 15 are not associated with necrotizing enterocolitis in very low birth weight infants. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2006;42:27-31 pubmed..Furthermore, we did not find any association between genotype and prematurity or sepsis, which are important risk factors of NEC. Carrier state of the tested CD14, TLR4, and CARD15 SNPs is not associated with NEC risk in VLBW infants. ..
- Blanco I, Kuchenbaecker K, Cuadras D, Wang X, Barrowdale D, de Garibay G, et al. Assessing associations between the AURKA-HMMR-TPX2-TUBG1 functional module and breast cancer risk in BRCA1/2 mutation carriers. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0120020 pubmed publisher..Together, the results of this study support the hypothesis of a causative link between altered function of AURKA-HMMR-TPX2-TUBG1 and breast carcinogenesis in BRCA1/2 mutation carriers. ..
- Bokodi G, Derzbach L, Bányász I, Tulassay T, Vasarhelyi B. Association of interferon gamma T+874A and interleukin 12 p40 promoter CTCTAA/GC polymorphism with the need for respiratory support and perinatal complications in low birthweight neonates. Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2007;92:F25-9 pubmed..Further studies are needed to determine whether these associations are the result of altered cytokine-producing capacity in infants carrying the tested alleles. ..
- Szabo V, Balogh K, Suveges I, Racz K, Hunyady L, Nagy Z. The role of lumican and keratocan genes in persistent subepithelial corneal haze following excimer laser photorefractive keratectomy. Mol Vis. 2006;12:597-605 pubmed..Our findings suggest that the mechanisms of the development of severe corneal opacity are different in humans after PRK compared to the lumican deficient knockout mouse model. ..
- Fancsovits P, Tóthné Z, Murber A, Takács F, Papp Z, Urbancsek J. Correlation between first polar body morphology and further embryo development. Acta Biol Hung. 2006;57:331-8 pubmed..However, we observed a lower viability of oocytes with a large PB. Since there are contradictions in this and previous observations, an extensive study is needed with standard hormonal stimulation protocol and oocyte evaluation criteria...
- Papp G, Changchien Y, Péterfia B, Pecsenka L, Krausz T, Stricker T, et al. SMARCB1 protein and mRNA loss is not caused by promoter and histone hypermethylation in epithelioid sarcoma. Mod Pathol. 2013;26:393-403 pubmed publisher..Most likely it is the microRNA destruction of SMARCB1 mRNA but further investigations are needed to elucidate this issue...
- Kalapos M. Where does plasma methylglyoxal originate from?. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2013;99:260-71 pubmed publisher..Protein glycation and aminoacetone degradation are proposed to be the major and the minor sources of plasma methylglyoxal under normal conditions. ..