Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on lung neoplasms in Budapest, Hungary
Locale: Budapest, Hungary
Topic: lung neoplasms
- Horvath I, Lazar Z, Gyulai N, Kollai M, Losonczy G. Exhaled biomarkers in lung cancer. Eur Respir J. 2009;34:261-75 pubmed publisher..We reviewed the scientific evidence demonstrating that a unique chemical signature can be detected in the breath of patients with lung cancer and that the exhaled breath biomarker profile could aid clinical decision making. ..
- Schoket B, Phillips D, Kostic S, Vincze I. Smoking-associated bulky DNA adducts in bronchial tissue related to CYP1A1 MspI and GSTM1 genotypes in lung patients. Carcinogenesis. 1998;19:841-6 pubmed..However, bulky DNA adduct levels in bronchial tissue did not appear to be a statistically-significant risk factor for the major histological types of lung cancer. ..
- Paz Ares L, Hirsh V, Zhang L, De Marinis F, Yang J, Wakelee H, et al. Monotherapy Administration of Sorafenib in Patients With Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (MISSION) Trial: A Phase III, Multicenter, Placebo-Controlled Trial of Sorafenib in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Predominantly Nonsquamous Non-Small-Cell Lung. J Thorac Oncol. 2015;10:1745-53 pubmed publisher..Third-/fourth-line sorafenib therapy did not significantly increase OS in patients with relapsed/refractory NSCLC, despite significantly increasing PFS. ..
- Schmid S, KÃ¼bler M, Korcan Ayata C, Lazar Z, Haager B, HoÃŸfeld M, et al. Altered purinergic signaling in the tumor associated immunologic microenvironment in metastasized non-small-cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer. 2015;90:516-21 pubmed publisher..Furthermore P2Y1, P2X4 and P2X7 receptors are upregulated in BAL cells in metastatic disease. Our findings might facilitate the identification of new therapeutic targets for cancer immunotherapy. ..
- Vegh G, Szigetvari I, Soltesz I, Major K, Batorfi J, Dancso J, et al. Primary pulmonary choriocarcinoma: a case report. J Reprod Med. 2008;53:369-72 pubmed..The reason non-gestational choriocarcinomas behave so differently from gestational tumors is unknown...
- Balazs A, Kupcsulik P, Galambos Z. Esophagorespiratory fistulas of tumorous origin. Non-operative management of 264 cases in a 20-year period. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2008;34:1103-7 pubmed publisher..The objective was to reveal the incidence, causes and characteristics of fistula formation and to examine the possibilities and efficiency of the treatment...
- Krempels K, Somlyai I, Somlyai G. A retrospective evaluation of the effects of deuterium depleted water consumption on 4 patients with brain metastases from lung cancer. Integr Cancer Ther. 2008;7:172-81 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to investigate the impact of deuterium depleted water (DDW) consumption in addition to conventional forms of therapy on the survival of lung cancer patients with brain metastasis...
- Bogos K, Renyi Vamos F, Dobos J, Kenessey I, Tovari J, Timar J, et al. High VEGFR-3-positive circulating lymphatic/vascular endothelial progenitor cell level is associated with poor prognosis in human small cell lung cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:1741-6 pubmed publisher..This is the first study that shows evidence of increased numbers of circulating LVEPC in patients with a malignant tumor. ..
- Suba Z, Hauser P, Garami M, Martonffy K, Szabo G, Szende B, et al. Skull base chordoma mimicking a preauricular neoplasm in a child: clinicopathological features and biological behaviour. J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2007;35:35-8 pubmed..The extreme rarity of chordomas in childhood, the slow growing nature of these tumours and the diverse symptoms may cause many diagnostic problems...
- Cunningham D, Lang I, Marcuello E, Lorusso V, Ocvirk J, Shin D, et al. Bevacizumab plus capecitabine versus capecitabine alone in elderly patients with previously untreated metastatic colorectal cancer (AVEX): an open-label, randomised phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2013;14:1077-1085 pubmed publisher..The combination of bevacizumab and capecitabine is an effective and well-tolerated regimen for elderly patients with metastatic colorectal cancer. F Hoffmann-La Roche. ..
- Bánfalvi T, Gilde K, Boldizsár M, Fejos Z, Horvath B, Liszkay G, et al. Serum concentration of 5-S-cysteinyldopa in patients with melanoma. Eur J Clin Invest. 2000;30:900-4 pubmed..In this study we examined the concentration changes of 5-S-CD in melanomas of different clinical stages and in patients with different symptoms of melanoma, during and after treatment...
- Bánfalvi T, Gilde K, Boldizsár M, Kremmer T, Otto S. Serum levels of S-100 protein and 5-S-cysteinyldopa as markers of melanoma progression. Pathol Oncol Res. 1999;5:218-22 pubmed..Furthermore, there was a significant difference between the mean marker values of patients with primary tumor, lymph node, lung metastasis and clinical stage III...
- Moldvay J, Jackel M, Páska C, Soltesz I, Schaff Z, Kiss A. Distinct claudin expression profile in histologic subtypes of lung cancer. Lung Cancer. 2007;57:159-67 pubmed
- Baka Z, Barta P, Losonczy G, Krenacs T, Papay J, Szarka E, et al. Specific expression of PAD4 and citrullinated proteins in lung cancer is not associated with anti-CCP antibody production. Int Immunol. 2011;23:405-14 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, PAD4 and citrullination may be helpful in distinguishing lung cancer from healthy tissue. Smoking, abnormal serum PAD4 and RF levels may not be sufficient for the production of ACPAs and development of autoimmunity. ..
- Szavcsur P, Godeny M, Bajzik G, Lengyel E, Repa I, Tron L, et al. Angiography-proven liver metastases explain low efficacy of lymph node dissections in medullary thyroid cancer patients. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2005;31:183-90 pubmed..To report the role of liver angiography in the staging of medullary thyroid cancer (MTC) patients...
- Vajda K, Mészáros I, Morócz E, Strausz J. [Benign pulmonary and tracheal tumors in our biopsies]. Orv Hetil. 2002;143:239-43 pubmed..Tracheal granular cell tumor and bronchial hemangioma were incidental findings beside bronchial carcinoma. To our best knowledge this is the fifth reported case of the coexistence of Abrikossoff's tumor with bronchial carcinoma. ..
- Péterfia B, Hollosi P, Szilak L, Timar F, Paku S, Jeney A, et al. [Role of syndecan-1 proteoglycan in the invasiveness of HT-1080 fibrosarcoma]. Magy Onkol. 2006;50:115-20 pubmed