Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Budapest, Hungary
Locale: Budapest, Hungary
Publications455 found, 100 shown here
- Banhidy F, Szilasi M, Czeizel A. Association of pre-eclampsia with or without superimposed chronic hypertension in pregnant women with the risk of congenital abnormalities in their offspring: a population-based case-control study. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2012;163:17-21 pubmed publisher..These findings need confirmation in other studies. ..
- Tamás G, Kovacs N, Varga N, Barsi P, Eross L, Molnar M, et al. Deep brain stimulation or thalamotomy in fragile X-associated tremor/ataxia syndrome? Case report. Neurol Neurochir Pol. 2016;50:303-8 pubmed publisher..Postural tremor ceased two years later after thalamotomy on the left side, while kinetic tremor of the right hand also improved. ..
- Schuler D, Kardos G, Revesz T. Dibromdulcitol containing chemotherapeutic regimen in the treatment of childhood Hodgkin's disease. Neoplasma. 1988;35:599-603 pubmed..A remission rate of 93.1% and a 5-year relapse-free survival of 89% was observed. Some latent hyperthyreoidism as late effect of the therapy, no growth disturbances and no adverse gonadal effects were seen until now...
- Stauder A, Kovacs M. Anxiety symptoms in allergic patients: identification and risk factors. Psychosom Med. 2003;65:816-23 pubmed..Self-administered questionnaires such as STAI-T provide reliable help for the identification of these frequent psychiatric problems. ..
- Toth M, Hollo G. Evaluation of enhanced corneal compensation in scanning laser polarimetry: comparison with variable corneal compensation on human eyes undergoing LASIK. J Glaucoma. 2006;15:53-9 pubmed..001). The new ECC software is more effective than VCC in neutralization of atypical polarization pattern and the uncompensated corneal retardation. ..
- Moldvay J, Jackel M, Páska C, Soltesz I, Schaff Z, Kiss A. Distinct claudin expression profile in histologic subtypes of lung cancer. Lung Cancer. 2007;57:159-67 pubmed
- Antalfai M. [Treatment and personality development with art therapy. A description of the method]. Psychiatr Hung. 2007;22:276-99 pubmed..The reorganization of the social relations (through catharsis-experiences) serves both of these psychic movements (a mutual flux between the inner and outer world), as it includes both the actual as the past bonds. ..
- Szabó G, Kunstár A, Acsády G. Methylentetrahydrofolate reductase and nitric oxide synthase polymorphism in patients with atherosclerosis and diabetes. Pathol Oncol Res. 2009;15:631-7 pubmed publisher..MTHFR 677 G/T genotyping may be of clinical importance as a prognostic and therapeutic marker, although further studies are needed to substantiate this hypothesis. ..
- Ecsedy M, Recsan Z. Posterior hyaloid peeling in advanced stages of aggressive posterior ROP. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2011;21:179-82 pubmed..To evaluate the indications and timing of surgical intervention on eyes with aggressive posterior retinopathy of prematurity (ROP)...
- Krenacs T, Kiszner G, Stelkovics E, Balla P, Teleki I, Nemeth I, et al. Collagen XVII is expressed in malignant but not in benign melanocytic tumors and it can mediate antibody induced melanoma apoptosis. Histochem Cell Biol. 2012;138:653-67 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the accumulation of collagen XVII endodomain in melanocytic tumors is associated with malignant transformation to be a potential marker of malignancy and a target for antibody-induced melanoma apoptosis. ..
- JuhÃ¡sz G. Interpretation of bafilomycin, pH neutralizing or protease inhibitor treatments in autophagic flux experiments: novel considerations. Autophagy. 2012;8:1875-6 pubmed
- Zeuzem S, HÃ©zode C, Bronowicki J, Loustaud Ratti V, Gea F, Buti M, et al. Daclatasvir plus simeprevir with or without ribavirin for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus genotype 1 infection. J Hepatol. 2016;64:292-300 pubmed publisher..Daclatasvir plus simeprevir, with or without ribavirin, was effective with a 12- or 24-week duration in genotype 1b-infected patients and was well tolerated. ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01628692. ..
- Pomerantz M, Spisak S, Jia L, Cronin A, Csabai I, Ledet E, et al. The association between germline BRCA2 variants and sensitivity to platinum-based chemotherapy among men with metastatic prostate cancer. Cancer. 2017;123:3532-3539 pubmed publisher..Cancer 2017;123:3532-9. © 2017 American Cancer Society. ..
- Minarovits J, Segesdi J, Kovacs Z, Foldes I. Nuclear factor 1 (NF-1) binding sites in the genomes of human oncoviruses: a hypothetic role for reintegrated cellular origins of replication in malignant transformation. Med Hypotheses. 1988;25:27-9 pubmed
- Ongradi J, Hadden J, Bertok L, Specter S, Nelson R, Friedman H. [In vitro synergic lymphocyte stimulation in HIV-1 infected patients using inosine derivatives and radio-detoxified endotoxin]. Orv Hetil. 1995;136:653-9 pubmed..The clinical trials of radio-detoxified endotoxin (Tolerin) have already been launched...
- Buki B, Avan P, Lemaire J, Dordain M, Chazal J, Ribari O. Otoacoustic emissions: a new tool for monitoring intracranial pressure changes through stapes displacements. Hear Res. 1996;94:125-39 pubmed..Non-invasive monitoring of ICP in patients with hydrocephalus treated with ventriculo-peritoneal shunts might be attempted with this technique, although it is restricted to patients with detectable EOAEs (i.e., about 50% in this series)...
- Szeberényi J, Pallinger E, Todorova R, Falus A. Detection of histidine decarboxylase in peripheral blood leukocytes by flow cytometry. Inflamm Res. 1999;48 Suppl 1:S87-9 pubmed
- Katona G, Czinner A. [Objective audiologic assessment of children treated with amikacin]. Orv Hetil. 1999;140:1305-7 pubmed..In conclusion it has been stated that by proper dosage and serum level screening amikacin may no lead to hearing loss in children, and objective methods are valuable for hearing screening and monitoring of such population of children...
- Pászty K, Verma A, Padányi R, Filoteo A, Penniston J, Enyedi A. Plasma membrane Ca2+ATPase isoform 4b is cleaved and activated by caspase-3 during the early phase of apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:6822-9 pubmed
- Iliás A, Urban Z, Seidl T, Le Saux O, Sinkó E, Boyd C, et al. Loss of ATP-dependent transport activity in pseudoxanthoma elasticum-associated mutants of human ABCC6 (MRP6). J Biol Chem. 2002;277:16860-7 pubmed..In the three ABCC6 mutant forms examined, the loss of transport activity suggests that these mutations result in a PXE phenotype through a direct influence on the transport activity of this ABC transporter. ..
- Sréter T, Széll Z, Egyed Z, Varga I. Ocular onchocercosis in dogs: a review. Vet Rec. 2002;151:176-80 pubmed
- Vasvari G, Reisch R, Patonay L. Surgical anatomy of the cribriform plate and adjacent areas. Minim Invasive Neurosurg. 2005;48:25-33 pubmed..The variations important in anterior skull base approaches are also discussed and compared with the data found in the literature. The surface anatomy and development of the cribriform plate is described...
- Fazekas I, Hegedus B, Bácsy E, Kerekes E, Slowik F, Balint K, et al. Characterization of human pituitary adenomas in cell cultures by light and electron microscopic morphology and immunolabeling. Folia Histochem Cytobiol. 2005;43:81-90 pubmed..These results prove that monolayer cultures of pituitary adenoma cells can contribute to the correct diagnosis and are valid model systems for various oncological and neuroendocrinological studies...
- Kolev K, Léránt I, Skopal J, Kelemen A, Nagy Z, Machovich R. Impaired inactivation by antithrombin and hirudin and preserved fibrinogen-clotting activity of thrombin in complex with anti-thrombin antibody from a patient with antiphospholipid syndrome. Thromb Haemost. 2005;94:82-7 pubmed..This condition is probably rare: only one out of 23 examined patients with primary or secondary APS expresses IgG with the described properties. ..
- Szenczi A, Kardos J, Medgyesi G, Zavodszky P. The effect of solvent environment on the conformation and stability of human polyclonal IgG in solution. Biologicals. 2006;34:5-14 pubmed..Regarding the known side effects, and their limited stabilizing capacity at low concentration, it is advisable to omit sugars at intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) formulation. Hydrophobic amino acids give promising alternatives. ..
- Sarmay G, Angyal A, Kertesz A, Maus M, Medgyesi D. The multiple function of Grb2 associated binder (Gab) adaptor/scaffolding protein in immune cell signaling. Immunol Lett. 2006;104:76-82 pubmed..This review will concentrate on the function of mammalian Gab proteins in the signal transduction triggered by immune receptors. ..
- Vatasescu R, Shalganov T, Paprika D, Kornyei L, Prodan Z, Bodor G, et al. Evolution of left ventricular function in paediatric patients with permanent right ventricular pacing for isolated congenital heart block: a medium term follow-up. Europace. 2007;9:228-32 pubmed..The risk of deterioration of LV function seems to be higher in children with higher baseline heart rate and better baseline LV SF, especially with pacing at a younger age, a narrower native QRS and RVA epicardial pacing site. ..
- Shalganov T, Paprika D, Vatasescu R, Kardos A, Mihalcz A, Kornyei L, et al. Mid-term echocardiographic follow up of left ventricular function with permanent right ventricular pacing in pediatric patients with and without structural heart disease. Cardiovasc Ultrasound. 2007;5:13 pubmed..In patients with complex congenital heart malformations left ventricular shortening fraction shows significant decrease. ..
- Pete B, Harmath A, Szigeti Z, Papp C, Hajdu J. [Holt-Oram syndrome: genetic counseling and diagnosis with prenatal ultrasonography]. Orv Hetil. 2007;148:2173-6 pubmed..In one case the cardiac and skeletal malformations proved to be so serious that the couple requested termination of the pregnancy. The pathologic examination of the fetus confirmed the prenatal diagnosis...
- Kocsis E, Lagler H, Pesti N, Stich K, Kristóf K, Nagy K, et al. Comparison of Austrian, Hungarian and Macedonian methicillin-resistant and methicillin-sensitive Staphylococcus aureus strains in relation to prevalence of cytotoxin genes. Microb Pathog. 2009;46:328-36 pubmed publisher..5%, 27%: p<0.001). Frequency of certain cytotoxin genes and combinations differed significantly in Staphylococcus aureus strains according to geographical origin and methicillin-resistance. ..
- Gácsi M, Gyori B, Gyoöri B, Virányi Z, Kubinyi E, Range F, et al. Explaining dog wolf differences in utilizing human pointing gestures: selection for synergistic shifts in the development of some social skills. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6584 pubmed publisher..To reconcile previously contradicting views on the origin of dogs' outstanding performance in utilizing human gestures, we suggest that dog-wolf differences should be studied in a more complex way...
- Banyai L, Sonderegger P, Patthy L. Agrin binds BMP2, BMP4 and TGFbeta1. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10758 pubmed publisher..Based on analysis of the evolutionary history of agrin we suggest that agrin's growth factor binding function is more ancient than its involvement in acetylcholine receptor clustering. ..
- Garas A, Vargha P, Hollo G. Diagnostic accuracy of nerve fibre layer, macular thickness and optic disc measurements made with the RTVue-100 optical coherence tomograph to detect glaucoma. Eye (Lond). 2011;25:57-65 pubmed publisher..The optic disc parameters had lower diagnostic accuracy than the RNFLT and GCC parameters. ..
- Petôvári C. [Pollock, Warhol, Basquiat, Haring 20th century American painters from a psychological perspective]. Psychiatr Hung. 2010;25:318-22 pubmed..The influence of Basquiat and Haring stretched over to the 21st century, and keeps going in the graffiti street-art which gets into the "high art" at last, and captivates the art galleries and critics as well. ..
- Lukacs L, Gera I. [The management of a single Miller-I type gingival recession at the maxillar incisor with single tunnel technique combined with enamel matrix derivative and connective tissue graft. A case report]. Fogorv Sz. 2011;104:19-26 pubmed..The combined technique used resulted in approximately 100% root coverage in the treated site after 6 months. Treatment outcomes met the patient's aesthetic demands and also eliminated her root sensitivity. ..
- Kádár B, Kocsis B, Toth A, Damjanova I, Szász M, Kristóf K, et al. Synergistic antibiotic combinations for colistin-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae. Acta Microbiol Immunol Hung. 2013;60:201-9 pubmed publisher..These in vitro synergistic combinations suggest potential therapeutical options against infections caused by KPC-2 producing, multidrug-resistant K. pneumoniae ST258. ..
- Fister T. Arduan muscle relaxation prolonged with norcuron. Ther Hung. 1991;39:125-7 pubmed..For avoiding eventual cumulation or synergism the repetition of lower doses to meet the requirements seems to be the most advantageous method. ..
- Demeter J, Magyar Z, Varga F, Szathmari M, Lehoczky D, Ellegaard J. Preferential localisation of red cell vacuoles to pathologically shaped human red blood cells. Eur J Haematol. 1989;43:41-4 pubmed..001). As the number of pits per RBC showed great individual variations, a scoring system for the evaluation of pitted RBCs is proposed. ..
- Knoll J. (-)Deprenyl (selegiline), a catecholaminergic activity enhancer (CAE) substance acting in the brain. Pharmacol Toxicol. 1998;82:57-66 pubmed
- Banoczy J, Gintner Z, Dombi C. Tobacco use and oral leukoplakia. J Dent Educ. 2001;65:322-7 pubmed
- Horvath A, Folhoffer A, Lakatos P, Halosz J, Illyes G, Schaff Z, et al. Rising plasma nociceptin level during development of HCC: a case report. World J Gastroenterol. 2004;10:152-4 pubmed..01 pg/mg) taken during the autopsy. Results are in concordance with our previous observation that a very high plasma nociceptin level may be considered as an indicator for hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- Peter A, Telkes G, Varga M, Sarvary E, Kovalszky I. Endoscopic diagnosis of cytomegalovirus infection of upper gastrointestinal tract in solid organ transplant recipients: Hungarian single-center experience. Clin Transplant. 2004;18:580-4 pubmed..1% of negative patients. Qualitative PCR is an accurate method for the detection of CMV in the mucosa of the GI tract. Further investigations are needed for determination of the exact pathological role of detected CMV. ..
- Kardos J, Okuno D, Kawai T, Hagihara Y, Yumoto N, Kitagawa T, et al. Structural studies reveal that the diverse morphology of beta(2)-microglobulin aggregates is a reflection of different molecular architectures. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1753:108-20 pubmed..Extent of the core buried from the solvent in the various states was investigated by H/D exchange of the amide protons. ..
- Gonda X, Rihmer Z, Zsombok T, Bagdy G, Akiskal K, Akiskal H. The 5HTTLPR polymorphism of the serotonin transporter gene is associated with affective temperaments as measured by TEMPS-A. J Affect Disord. 2006;91:125-31 pubmed
- Mersich B, Studinger P, Lenard Z, Kadar K, Kollai M. Transposition of great arteries is associated with increased carotid artery stiffness. Hypertension. 2006;47:1197-202 pubmed..Since carotid artery stiffness has been established as an independent cardiovascular risk factor, this condition may have consequences in the clinical management of these patients. ..
- Héja L, Karacs K, Kardos J. Role for GABA and Glu plasma membrane transporters in the interplay of inhibitory and excitatory neurotransmission. Curr Top Med Chem. 2006;6:989-95 pubmed
- Sziller I, Babula O, Hupuczi P, Nagy B, Rigo B, Szabo G, et al. Mannose-binding lectin (MBL) codon 54 gene polymorphism protects against development of pre-eclampsia, HELLP syndrome and pre-eclampsia-associated intrauterine growth restriction. Mol Hum Reprod. 2007;13:281-5 pubmed..Carriage of the MBL codon 54 polymorphism protects against pre-eclampsia, HELLP syndrome and IUGR and implies that an MBL-mediated event might be involved in the pathogenesis of these disorders. ..
- Hupuczi P, Nagy B, Sziller I, Rigó B, Hruby E, Papp Z. Characteristic laboratory changes in pregnancies complicated by HELLP syndrome. Hypertens Pregnancy. 2007;26:389-401 pubmed..The platelet count passed the critical level of 100,000/microL on the third to fourth day. We have found that the platelet count, LDH, AST, and total bilirubin levels proved to be useful indicators of the progression of HELLP syndrome. ..
- Petrovay F, Balla E. Two fatal cases of psittacosis caused by Chlamydophila psittaci. J Med Microbiol. 2008;57:1296-8 pubmed publisher..This report emphasizes the need for rapid differential diagnosis and management of suspected cases of atypical pneumonia to prevent fatal outcomes. ..
- Bognar G, Ledniczky G, Palik E, Zubek L, Sugár I, Ondrejka P. [Wilkie's syndrome]. Magy Seb. 2008;61:273-7 pubmed publisher..An interdisciplinary teamwork provides the most beneficial diagnostic and therapeutic result in this often underestimated disease. ..
- Kocsis A, Kekesi K, Szasz R, Végh B, Balczer J, Dobó J, et al. Selective inhibition of the lectin pathway of complement with phage display selected peptides against mannose-binding lectin-associated serine protease (MASP)-1 and -2: significant contribution of MASP-1 to lectin pathway activation. J Immunol. 2010;185:4169-78 pubmed publisher..Because the lectin pathway has been implicated in several life-threatening pathological states, these inhibitors should be considered as lead compounds toward developing lectin pathway blocking therapeutics. ..
- Vastagh I, Constantin T, Kéri A, Rudas G, Fekete G, Bereczki D. [Neurological complications of Fabry-disease]. Ideggyogy Sz. 2011;64:29-35 pubmed..Early diagnosis and introduction of enzyme replacement therapy (ERT) can halt or reverse progression. ..
- Szeifert G, Levivier M, Lorenzoni J, Nyary I, Major O, Kemeny A. Morphological observations in brain arteriovenous malformations after gamma knife radiosurgery. Prog Neurol Surg. 2013;27:119-29 pubmed publisher..Similar histopathological changes were observed in a cavernous malformation following high-dose irradiation. ..
- Fűri I, Sipos F, Germann T, Kalmár A, Tulassay Z, Molnar B, et al. Epithelial toll-like receptor 9 signaling in colorectal inflammation and cancer: clinico-pathogenic aspects. World J Gastroenterol. 2013;19:4119-26 pubmed publisher..TLR9 agonist DNA-based immunomodulatory sequences could also represent a promising therapeutic alternative in systemic inflammatory conditions and chronic colonic inflammations as their side effects are not significant. ..
- Komlósi S, Csukly G, Stefanics G, Czigler I, Bitter I, Czobor P. Fearful face recognition in schizophrenia: an electrophysiological study. Schizophr Res. 2013;149:135-40 pubmed publisher..This could be related to the overrating of negative emotions, and the symptomatology associated with fear processing in patients with schizophrenia. ..
- Nagy P, Varga A, Pircs K, HegedÅ±s K, JuhÃ¡sz G. Myc-driven overgrowth requires unfolded protein response-mediated induction of autophagy and antioxidant responses in Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003664 pubmed publisher..These novel results give additional support for finding future approaches to specifically inhibit the growth of cancer cells addicted to oncogenic Myc. ..
- Clemens B, PuskÃ¡s S, SpisÃ¡k T, Lajtos I, Opposits G, Besenyei M, et al. Increased resting-state EEG functional connectivity in benign childhood epilepsy with centro-temporal spikes. Seizure. 2016;35:50-5 pubmed publisher..Areas of increased EEGfC topographically correspond to cortical areas that, based on relevant literature, are related to speech and attention deficit in BECTS children. ..
- Harris F, Maxwell M, O Connor R, Coyne J, Arensman E, Coffey C, et al. Exploring synergistic interactions and catalysts in complex interventions: longitudinal, mixed methods case studies of an optimised multi-level suicide prevention intervention in four european countries (Ospi-Europe). BMC Public Health. 2016;16:268 pubmed publisher..By exploring synergies and catalytic interactions related to a complex intervention or programme, we reveal the added value to planned activities and how they might be maximised. ..
- Streit S, Verschoor M, Rodondi N, Bonfim D, Burman R, Collins C, et al. Variation in GP decisions on antihypertensive treatment in oldest-old and frail individuals across 29 countries. BMC Geriatr. 2017;17:93 pubmed publisher..Future hypertension trials should also include frail patients to acquire evidence on the efficacy of antihypertensive treatment in oldest-old patients with frailty, with the aim to get evidence-based data for clinical decision-making. ..
- Wunderlich L, Farago A, Downward J, Buday L. Association of Nck with tyrosine-phosphorylated SLP-76 in activated T lymphocytes. Eur J Immunol. 1999;29:1068-75 pubmed..These results suggest that the Nck adaptor protein interacts with key signaling molecules and may play an important role in activation of T lymphocytes. ..
- Hegedus T, Sessler T, Scott R, Thelin W, Bakos E, Varadi A, et al. C-terminal phosphorylation of MRP2 modulates its interaction with PDZ proteins. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;302:454-61 pubmed..Our results suggest that phosphorylation of the MRP2 PDZ binding motif has a profound effect on the PDZ binding of MRP2. ..
- Vajda A, Scharrer K, Baló Banga J. [Multiple sebaceous tumors with colon cancer--Muir-Torre syndrome]. Orv Hetil. 2003;144:985-9 pubmed..With the presentation of this case the authors call attention on the fact, that in case of the diagnosis of a sebaceous skin tumour, careful tumour screening could be lifesaving...
- Kaán B, Krause W, Krause M, Fejérdy L, Gáspár J, Bálint M, et al. [Effects of photo-acoustic stimulation combined with hypnotherapy on saliva secretion. A pilot study]. Fogorv Sz. 2003;96:217-21 pubmed..Repeated stimulation combined with hypnotic relaxation was used in the case of 4 psychosomatic patients. Resting salivary flow and protein concentration significantly increased in 2 cases (p < or = 0.05) as a result of the therapy. ..
- Lódi C, Szabó E, Holczbauer A, Batmunkh E, Szijarto A, Kupcsulik P, et al. Claudin-4 differentiates biliary tract cancers from hepatocellular carcinomas. Mod Pathol. 2006;19:460-9 pubmed..Claudin-4 expression seems to be a useful marker in differentiating biliary tract cancers from hepatocellular carcinomas and could well become a potential diagnostic tool. ..
- Lukács L, Murányi I, Túry F. Eating and body attitudes related to noncompetitive bodybuilding in military and general Hungarian male student populations. Mil Med. 2007;172:152-6 pubmed..The study revealed that male military college students have some protective factors against the psychopathological features of eating disorders. ..
- Visy B, Fust G, Bygum A, Bork K, Longhurst H, Bucher C, et al. Helicobacter pylori infection as a triggering factor of attacks in patients with hereditary angioedema. Helicobacter. 2007;12:251-7 pubmed..pylori from HAE patients infected with this pathogen. Therefore, screening of patients with HAE for H. pylori infection seems warranted. Eradication of H. pylori may lead to a marked reduction in disease severity. ..
- Riesz P, Nyirady P, Szucs M, Szendroi A, Majoros A, Bánfi G, et al. [Experiences in treatment and follow up of 50 patients with penile cancer]. Orv Hetil. 2007;148:1751-6 pubmed..Malignant tumour of the penis is a rare disease. Although most of the cases are squamous cell carcinoma histologically, operation is managed by the urologist because of its location...
- Szénási Z, Kovács A, Pampiglione S, Fioravanti M, Kucsera I, Tánczos B, et al. Human dirofilariosis in Hungary: an emerging zoonosis in central Europe. Wien Klin Wochenschr. 2008;120:96-102 pubmed publisher..The increasing number of diagnosed cases suggests that this zoonosis is becoming more important in central Europe and that the incidence may increase with the improvement of clinical diagnosis. ..
- Libisch B, Poirel L, Lepsanovic Z, Mirovic V, Balogh B, Pászti J, et al. Identification of PER-1 extended-spectrum beta-lactamase producing Pseudomonas aeruginosa clinical isolates of the international clonal complex CC11 from Hungary and Serbia. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2008;54:330-8 pubmed publisher..aeruginosa reference isolates from France and Belgium could also be assigned to complex CC11 by MLST. Our results underscore the role of complex CC11 in the dissemination of bla(PER-1) among P. aeruginosa clinical isolates. ..
- Kiss E, Kovacs L, Szodoray P. Malignancies in systemic lupus erythematosus. Autoimmun Rev. 2010;9:195-9 pubmed publisher..In this review we present the molecular pathology, as well as the epidemiological and clinical aspects of malignancies in patients with SLE. ..
- Barta I, Kullmann T, Csiszer E, Antus B. Analysis of cytokine pattern in exhaled breath condensate of patients with squamous cell lung carcinoma. Int J Biol Markers. 2010;25:52-6 pubmed..The results of this pilot study suggest that patients with squamous cell lung carcinoma cannot be distinguished from smokers with no pulmonary tumors based on EBC cytokine signals only. ..
- Szirmai A. Vestibular disorders in childhood and adolescents. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2010;267:1801-4 pubmed publisher..At younger age, the most frequent disease that can cause vestibular symptoms is the migraine. ..
- Prokai A, Peti Peterdi J. Recent advances in tissue (pro)renin imaging. Front Biosci (Elite Ed). 2010;2:1227-33 pubmed..New pharmacological tools, the renin inhibitor aliskiren and the handle region peptide (decoy peptide) was used to further characterize the intra-renal, collecting duct RAS. ..
- Butz H, Liko I, Czirjak S, Igaz P, Khan M, Zivkovic V, et al. Down-regulation of Wee1 kinase by a specific subset of microRNA in human sporadic pituitary adenomas. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010;95:E181-91 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first report suggesting that regulation of Wee1 kinase by miRs may be linked to pituitary tumorigenesis. ..
- Szilvasi A, Andrikovics H, Pongrácz E, Kalina A, Komlósi Z, Klein I, et al. Frequencies of four ATP-binding cassette transporter G8 polymorphisms in patients with ischemic vascular diseases. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2010;14:667-72 pubmed publisher..88, p?=?0.009). Further, we identified a new ABCG8-variant, T401S, in a control subject. In conclusion, ABCG8 54YY-genotype may be a potential protecting factor against ischemic stroke in young men and may influence plasma CHOL levels...
- Szabo G, Molvarec A, Stenczer B, Rigo J, Nagy B. Natriuretic peptide precursor B gene (TTTC)(n) microsatellite polymorphism in pre-eclampsia. Clin Chim Acta. 2011;412:1371-5 pubmed publisher..The concentration of the BNP was higher in pre-eclamptic women, and it showed association with the (TTTC) genotypes. We introduced an F-PCR and DNA fragment analysis method for the fast and reliable detection of this STR. ..
- Kertész Z, Gyori D, Körmendi S, Fekete T, Kis Toth K, Jakus Z, et al. Phospholipase C?2 is required for basal but not oestrogen deficiency-induced bone resorption. Eur J Clin Invest. 2012;42:49-60 pubmed publisher..Here, we tested the role of PLC?2 in basal and ovariectomy-induced bone resorption, as well as in in vitro osteoclast cultures using PLC?2-deficient (PLC?2(-/-) ) mice...
- ..To circumvent the "first pass" metabolism, parenteral administration of the drug might lead to different distribution and pharmacological activity of selegiline...
- Hegedus C, Truta Feles K, Antalffy G, Várady G, Német K, Ozvegy Laczka C, et al. Interaction of the EGFR inhibitors gefitinib, vandetanib, pelitinib and neratinib with the ABCG2 multidrug transporter: implications for the emergence and reversal of cancer drug resistance. Biochem Pharmacol. 2012;84:260-7 pubmed publisher..In addition, the finding that these EGFR inhibitors efficiently block ABCG2 function may help to design novel drug-combination therapeutic strategies...
- Inotai A, Kalo Z. [Risk sharing methods in middle income countries]. Acta Pharm Hung. 2012;82:43-52 pubmed..Therefore risk-sharing agreements can be interpreted as special forms of confidential pricing agreements to facilitate the implementation of differential pricing in middle income countries. ..
- Vermes G, LÃ¡szlÃ³ D, MÃ¡trai Ã, Czeizel A, Ãcs N. Maternal factors in the origin of isolated anorectal malformations - a population-based case-control study. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2016;29:2316-21 pubmed publisher..Lack of nausea and vomiting in pregnancy and the higher incidence of urinary tract infections may have a role in the development of IARM. ..
- Becze Z, MolnÃ¡r Z, Fazakas J. Can procalcitonin levels indicate the need for adjunctive therapies in sepsis?. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2015;46 Suppl 1:S13-8 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this review is to give an overview on the pathophysiology of sepsis as well as the role and interpretation of biomarkers and their potential use in assisting adjunctive therapies in sepsis in the future. ..
- Niedworok C, vom Dorp F, Tschirdewahn S, RÃ¼bben H, Reis H, Szucs M, et al. Validation of the diagnostic and prognostic relevance of serum MMP-7 levels in renal cell cancer by using a novel automated fluorescent immunoassay method. Int Urol Nephrol. 2016;48:355-61 pubmed publisher..Its flexibility and automated operation make the KRYPTOR MMP-7 assay suitable for routine laboratory use in the daily practice. ..
- Al Batran S, Van Cutsem E, Oh S, Bodoky G, Shimada Y, Hironaka S, et al. Quality-of-life and performance status results from the phase III RAINBOW study of ramucirumab plus paclitaxel versus placebo plus paclitaxel in patients with previously treated gastric or gastroesophageal junction adenocarcinoma. Ann Oncol. 2016;27:673-9 pubmed publisher..nct01170663. ..
- Dombi C, Czeglédy A. [Incidence of tongue diseases based on epidemiologic studies (review of the literature)]. Fogorv Sz. 1992;85:335-41 pubmed..8% geographic tongue 3.0%, atrophic tongue 6.37% and central atrophy of the tongue 0.35% prevalence. ..
- Szanto I, Fleischmann T, Eckhardt S. Treatment of resistant Hodgkin's disease with CCNU, etoposide and prednimustine (CEP). Oncology. 1991;48:456-8 pubmed..The median duration of remission (CR + PR) was greater than 15 months. Treatment was generally well tolerated. Our results confirm that CEP is an effective therapeutic regimen in resistant Hodgkin's disease. ..
- Lichtenberger G. Reversible lateralization of the paralyzed vocal cord without tracheostomy. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2002;111:21-6 pubmed..This technique avoids the need for tracheostomy in cases of bilateral abductor vocal cord paralysis. ..