Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on aged in Budapest, Hungary
Locale: Budapest, Hungary
Publications267 found, 100 shown here
- vom Dorp F, Tschirdewahn S, Niedworok C, Reis H, Krause H, Kempkensteffen C, et al. Circulating and Tissue Expression Levels of YKL-40 in Renal Cell Cancer. J Urol. 2016;195:1120-5 pubmed publisher..Tumor cells do not seem to be the main source of increased serum/plasma YKL-40 levels in patients with renal cell cancer. ..
- Denham S, Coath M, Háden G, Murray F, Winkler I. Relative Pitch Perception and the Detection of Deviant Tone Patterns. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2016;894:409-417 pubmed publisher..e. the perfect fifth or fourth) are more easily detected. In summary, relative pitch perception does not appear to be conducive to simple explanations based exclusively on invariant physical ratios. ..
- Kumar S, Moreau P, Hari P, Mateos M, Ludwig H, Shustik C, et al. Management of adverse events associated with ixazomib plus lenalidomide/dexamethasone in relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma. Br J Haematol. 2017;178:571-582 pubmed publisher..Most toxicities were manageable with supportive care and dose delays or reductions as needed. Clinicians should be aware of and understand these potential side effects to optimise and prolong patient benefit. ..
- Márton K, Boros I, Fejerdy P, Madléna M. Evaluation of unstimulated flow rates of whole and palatal saliva in healthy patients wearing complete dentures and in patients with Sjogren's syndrome. J Prosthet Dent. 2004;91:577-81 pubmed..Palatal mucous saliva may help stabilize the maxillary complete denture in patients with hyposalivation. The results suggest that neither UWS or PS flow rate are influenced by the placement of new dentures in complete denture wearers. ..
- Lövey K, Fodor J, Major T, Szabo E, Orosz Z, Sulyok Z, et al. Fat necrosis after partial-breast irradiation with brachytherapy or electron irradiation versus standard whole-breast radiotherapy--4-year results of a randomized trial. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007;69:724-31 pubmed
- Nagy A, Dénes M, Lengyel M. Predictors of the outcome of thrombolytic therapy in prosthetic mitral valve thrombosis: a study of 62 events. J Heart Valve Dis. 2009;18:268-75 pubmed..Based on previous data and the present findings, thrombolysis can be considered as first-line treatment in all patients with PVT, independent of the valve type, NYHA functional class, and thrombus size. ..
- Torzsa P, Keszei A, Kalabay L, Vamos E, Zoller R, Mucsi I, et al. Socio-demographic characteristics, health behaviour, co-morbidity and accidents in snorers: a population survey. Sleep Breath. 2011;15:809-18 pubmed publisher..0001). Snoring is common in the Hungarian adult population. Snoring, especially loud snoring with breathing pauses, is strongly associated with high-risk health behaviour, higher co-morbidity and a higher frequency of accidents. ..
- van der Schoot J, Reus N, Garway Heath D, Saarela V, Anton A, Bron A, et al. Accuracy of matching optic discs with visual fields: the European Structure and Function Assessment Trial (ESAFAT). Ophthalmology. 2013;120:2470-2475 pubmed publisher..52). European ophthalmologists correctly matched stereoscopic optic disc photographs to their corresponding visual field in only approximately 59% of cases. In most mismatches, the clinicians overestimated the visual field damage. ..
- Niedworok C, vom Dorp F, Tschirdewahn S, RÃ¼bben H, Reis H, Szucs M, et al. Validation of the diagnostic and prognostic relevance of serum MMP-7 levels in renal cell cancer by using a novel automated fluorescent immunoassay method. Int Urol Nephrol. 2016;48:355-61 pubmed publisher..Its flexibility and automated operation make the KRYPTOR MMP-7 assay suitable for routine laboratory use in the daily practice. ..
- Kaán B, Krause W, Krause M, Fejérdy L, Gáspár J, Bálint M, et al. [Effects of photo-acoustic stimulation combined with hypnotherapy on saliva secretion. A pilot study]. Fogorv Sz. 2003;96:217-21 pubmed..Repeated stimulation combined with hypnotic relaxation was used in the case of 4 psychosomatic patients. Resting salivary flow and protein concentration significantly increased in 2 cases (p < or = 0.05) as a result of the therapy. ..
- Mihály I, Kolozsi T, Liptai Z, Lukács A, Molnar P, Budai J, et al. [Experience with multiplex nested PCR and fluorescent antibody tests in the diagnosis of acute central nervous system infections with herpes simplex virus type 1 and 2]. Orv Hetil. 2010;151:1896-903 pubmed publisher..5. There is a need for cooperation between clinicians and virologists in the appropriate interpretation of the results and in finding etiology. ..
- Fehér K, Nagy T, Szabo E, Bidlek M, Bak M, Sávolt A, et al. [Diagnostic imaging and histologic background of nipple discharge -- our experience with 40 patients]. Magy Onkol. 2012;56:79-83 pubmed publisher..The final diagnosis is rendered by histologic examination, following the operation. The authors demonstrate the application and role of galactography through various cases. ..
- Polgar C, Fodor J, Major T, Sulyok Z, Kasler M. Breast-conserving therapy with partial or whole breast irradiation: ten-year results of the Budapest randomized trial. Radiother Oncol. 2013;108:197-202 pubmed publisher..Significantly better cosmetic outcome can be achieved with HDR BT implants compared with the outcome after WBI. ..
- Csaszar A, Duba J, Melegh B, Kramer J, Szalai C, Prohaszka Z, et al. Increased frequency of the C3*F allele and the Leiden mutation of coagulation factor V in patients with severe coronary heart disease who survived myocardial infarction. Exp Clin Immunogenet. 2001;18:206-12 pubmed..077) and group B (0.029) patients in the frequency of Leiden mutation. These findings indicate that the C3*F allele and the Leiden mutation may be associated with an increased risk of developing myocardial infarction in CHD patients. ..
- Papay J, Krenacs T, Moldvay J, Stelkovics E, Furak J, Molnar B, et al. Immunophenotypic profiling of nonsmall cell lung cancer progression using the tissue microarray approach. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2007;15:19-30 pubmed..Unsupervised immunoprofiles based on differentially expressed biomarkers may help selecting lung cancers with aggressive behavior. ..
- Hollo G, Kóthy P, Konstas A. Association of Cogan-Reese syndrome, exfoliation syndrome, and secondary open-angle glaucoma. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2012;22:117-20 pubmed publisher..To present a case with co-existence of Cogan-Reese syndrome and exfoliation syndrome...
- Lichtenberger G. Reversible lateralization of the paralyzed vocal cord without tracheostomy. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2002;111:21-6 pubmed..This technique avoids the need for tracheostomy in cases of bilateral abductor vocal cord paralysis. ..
- Sallo F, Eberhard M, Fok E, Baska F, Hatvani I. Zoonotic intravitreal Onchocerca in Hungary. Ophthalmology. 2005;112:502-4 pubmed..Although rare, zoonotic onchocercal infection of the eye must be considered a differential diagnostic entity even in temperate climates. ..
- Rugonfalvi Kiss S, Dosa E, Madsen H, Endresz V, Prohaszka Z, Laki J, et al. High rate of early restenosis after carotid eversion endarterectomy in homozygous carriers of the normal mannose-binding lectin genotype. Stroke. 2005;36:944-8 pubmed..007). These results indicate that reoccurrence of stenosis after carotid endarterectomy is partially genetically determined and imply that MBL contributes significantly to the pathophysiology of this condition. ..
- Cunningham D, Lang I, Marcuello E, Lorusso V, Ocvirk J, Shin D, et al. Bevacizumab plus capecitabine versus capecitabine alone in elderly patients with previously untreated metastatic colorectal cancer (AVEX): an open-label, randomised phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2013;14:1077-1085 pubmed publisher..The combination of bevacizumab and capecitabine is an effective and well-tolerated regimen for elderly patients with metastatic colorectal cancer. F Hoffmann-La Roche. ..
- Vajo Z, Kosa L, Szilvasy I, Pauliny Z, Bartha K, Visontay I, et al. Yearly licensing studies from 1997 to 2007 of the inactivated whole virus seasonal influenza vaccine fluval--a useful approach to pandemic vaccine development even in less well developed countries?. Influenza Other Respir Viruses. 2008;2:221-8 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the method presented is safe, effective and may serve as a useful approach to seasonal and pandemic vaccine production even in less well-developed countries by means of technological transfer. ..
- Szabó P, Wiener Z, Tömböl Z, Kovacs A, Pocza P, Horanyi J, et al. Differences in the expression of histamine-related genes and proteins in normal human adrenal cortex and adrenocortical tumors. Virchows Arch. 2009;455:133-42 pubmed publisher..Adrenocortical tumorigenesis might, thus, be characterized by reduced histamine biosynthesis; furthermore, different adrenocortical tumor subtypes may show unique histamine receptor expression profiles. ..
- Bajor G. Beta-blocking agent facilitating the spontaneous passage of ureteral stones. Int Urol Nephrol. 1990;22:33-6 pubmed..Experience has shown that, compared with the control group, the beta-receptor-blocking agents proved to be useful in the facilitation of a spontaneous discharge of stones located in the lower part of the ureter...
- Haris A, Rado J. Patterns of potassium wasting in response to stepwise combinations of diuretics in nephrotic syndrome. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1999;37:332-40 pubmed..FSD may have had a potassium secretion inhibitory influence as well. Potassium loss and TTKG were enhanced during coadministration of CTN, and decreased by PSD. "Postdiuretic rebound" increase of TTKG was reversed by PSD. ..
- Hollo P, Gonzalez R, Kasa M, Horvath A. Synchronous balneophototherapy is effective for the different clinical types of psoriasis. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2005;19:578-81 pubmed..Patients with small plaques have the greatest chance of the most marked clinical clearing; guttate and large plaque types of psoriasis also respond well to the treatment. ..
- Herszenyi L, Farinati F, Cardin R, István G, Molnár L, Hritz I, et al. Tumor marker utility and prognostic relevance of cathepsin B, cathepsin L, urokinase-type plasminogen activator, plasminogen activator inhibitor type-1, CEA and CA 19-9 in colorectal cancer. BMC Cancer. 2008;8:194 pubmed publisher..The tumor marker utility and prognostic relevance of these proteases have not been evaluated in the same experimental setting and compared with that of CEA and CA-19-9...
- Horvath H, Khabir Z, Nittke T, Gruber S, Speer G, Manhardt T, et al. CYP24A1 splice variants--implications for the antitumorigenic actions of 1,25-(OH)2D3 in colorectal cancer. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2010;121:76-9 pubmed publisher..Translation of these variants would lead to a dysfunctional enzyme without catalytic activity that still binds its substrates therefore they might compete for substrate with the synthesizing and catabolizing enzymes of vitamin D. ..
- Halasz P, Cramer J, Hodoba D, Członkowska A, Guekht A, Maia J, et al. Long-term efficacy and safety of eslicarbazepine acetate: results of a 1-year open-label extension study in partial-onset seizures in adults with epilepsy. Epilepsia. 2010;51:1963-9 pubmed publisher..Sustained therapeutic effect, favorable tolerability and safety, and an improvement in quality of life and depressive symptoms were observed during long-term add-on treatment of partial-onset seizures in adults with once daily ESL. ..
- Szeberin Z, Fehérvári M, Krepuska M, Apor A, Rimely E, Sarkadi H, et al. Serum fetuin-A levels inversely correlate with the severity of arterial calcification in patients with chronic lower extremity atherosclerosis without renal disease. Int Angiol. 2011;30:474-50 pubmed..These data support a putative protective role for fetuin-A in the development of arterial calcification. ..
- Toldi G, Szalay B, Beko G, Bocskai M, Deák M, Kovacs L, et al. Plasma soluble urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (suPAR) levels in systemic lupus erythematosus. Biomarkers. 2012;17:758-63 pubmed publisher..ROC analysis of suPAR levels indicated a cut-off value of 5.70 ng/mL to distinguish patients with high disease activity (SLEDAI >8). suPAR might be an objective marker for identifying SLE patients with active disease. ..
- Kovács Z, Szabo C, Fülöp E. [Therapy helps -- psychosocial support for patients diagnosed with breast cancer, reducing anxiety and depression]. Psychiatr Hung. 2013;28:454-63 pubmed..The results are very promising: there were significant improvements in patients, a decrease in depression (Beck), as well as in anxiety (STAI), and some aspects of positive effects showed long-lasting. ..
- Marton I, KrenÃ¡cs L, Bagdi E, Bakos A, Demeter J, BorbÃ©nyi Z. Clinical and Molecular Diagnostic Evaluation of Systemic Mastocytosis in the South-Eastern Hungarian Population Between 2001-2013--A Single Centre Experience. Pathol Oncol Res. 2016;22:293-9 pubmed publisher..This clinical overview clearly showed that the clinical characteristics differ between ISM (UP, anaphylaxis and osteoporosis) and SM-AHNMD/ASM (cytopenia, eosinophilia and splenomegaly). ..
- Silvestri V, Barrowdale D, Mulligan A, Neuhausen S, Fox S, Karlan B, et al. Male breast cancer in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers: pathology data from the Consortium of Investigators of Modifiers of BRCA1/2. Breast Cancer Res. 2016;18:15 pubmed publisher..e., high histologic grade). These findings could lead to the development of gender-specific risk prediction models and guide clinical strategies appropriate for MBC management. ..
- Tárnoki A, Turker A, Tárnoki D, Iyisoy M, Szilagyi B, Duong H, et al. Relationship between weather conditions and admissions for ischemic stroke and subarachnoid hemorrhage. Croat Med J. 2017;58:56-62 pubmed..Presence of hurricanes or tropical storms increased the risk of ischemic stroke but not the SAH. These findings can help to develop preventive health plans for cerebrovascular diseases. ..
- Liszkay G, Orosz Z, Péley G, Csuka O, Plótár V, Sinkovics I, et al. Relationship between sentinel lymph node status and regression of primary malignant melanoma. Melanoma Res. 2005;15:509-13 pubmed..We failed to demonstrate a significant relationship between the presence of circulating tumour cells and either primary tumour regression or the sentinel lymph node status. ..
- Borsodi M, Nagy E, Darvas K. [Diclofenac/orphenadrine as a combined analgetic in post-operative relief of pain]. Orv Hetil. 2008;149:1847-52 pubmed publisher..Based on all this, diclofenac-orphenadrine infusion is considered an effective and safe analgesic which is easy to administer and to combine in pain relief after small and middle category operations...
- Sandborn W, Colombel J, Ghosh S, Sands B, DRYDEN G, Hebuterne X, et al. Eldelumab [Anti-IP-10] Induction Therapy for Ulcerative Colitis: A Randomised, Placebo-Controlled, Phase 2b Study. J Crohns Colitis. 2016;10:418-28 pubmed publisher..Eldelumab safety signals were consistent with those reported previously [ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT01294410]. ..
- MÃ¼ller V, GÃ¡lffy G, Orosz M, KovÃ¡ts Z, Odler B, Selroos O, et al. Characteristics of reversible and nonreversible COPD and asthma and COPD overlap syndrome patients: an analysis of salbutamol Easyhaler data. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis. 2016;11:93-101 pubmed publisher..Nonreversible patients with COPD were characterized by higher weight and body mass index, and a higher FEV1/FVC ratio. Most patients preferred Easyhaler compared with a pMDI. ..
- Shalganov T, Paprika D, Borbás S, Temesvári A, Szili Torok T. Preventing complicated transseptal puncture with intracardiac echocardiography: case report. Cardiovasc Ultrasound. 2005;3:5 pubmed..It also helps to understand the possible mechanisms of mechanical complications in cases where fluoroscopic images are apparently normal. ..
- Ungar L, Palfalvi L. Pelvic exenteration without external urinary or fecal diversion in gynecological cancer patients. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2006;16:364-8 pubmed..Our present experience demonstrated that anterior and total supralevator pelvic exenteration in patients with gynecological malignancies is feasible with orthotopic reconstruction of the lower urinary tract. ..
- Resch M, Bausz M, Nagy Z, Suveges I. Corneal topography parameters after superior clear corneal incision cataract surgery in arcus lipoides. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2006;16:24-9 pubmed..To compare changes in corneal topographic parameters after cataract surgery in eyes with different severities of arcus lipoides...
- Szegedi N, May Z, Ovary C, Skopal J, Nagy Z. [Molecular markers of endothelial dysfunction in acute ischemic stroke]. Ideggyogy Sz. 2002;55:102-8 pubmed
- Polgar A, Falus A, Koo E, Ujfalussy I, Sesztak M, Szuts I, et al. Elevated levels of synovial fluid antibodies reactive with the small proteoglycans biglycan and decorin in patients with rheumatoid arthritis or other joint diseases. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2003;42:522-7 pubmed..These results indicate a significantly higher immunity to small proteoglycans in RA and seronegative spondylarthropathies than in OA suggesting a possible involvement in the pathogenesis of inflammatory rheumatic diseases. ..
- Herszenyi L, Sipos F, Galamb O, Solymosi N, Hritz I, Miheller P, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression in the normal mucosa-adenoma-dysplasia-adenocarcinoma sequence of the colon. Pathol Oncol Res. 2008;14:31-7 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate a significantly higher expression of MMP-9 in adenoma with high grade dysplasia-CRC sequence as compared to normal tissue. The over-expression of MMP-9 strongly suggests its association with colorectal carcinogenesis. ..
- Putz Z, Nadas J, Jermendy G. Severe but preventable foot burn injury in diabetic patients with peripheral neuropathy. Med Sci Monit. 2008;14:CS89-91 pubmed..To prevent severe foot burn injuries, continuous education should be provided for diabetic patients with sensory loss of the lower extremities due to neuropathic complications. ..
- Kocsis J, Madaras B, Tóth E, Fust G, Prohaszka Z. Serum level of soluble 70-kD heat shock protein is associated with high mortality in patients with colorectal cancer without distant metastasis. Cell Stress Chaperones. 2010;15:143-51 pubmed publisher..These novel findings indicate that the serum level of soluble HSP70 might prove a useful, stage-independent prognostic marker in colorectal cancer without distant metastasis. ..
- Kiss R. Variability of gait characterized by normalized deviation. Acta Bioeng Biomech. 2010;12:19-23 pubmed..The magnitude of the coefficient of the variation of parameters depends on age, on the intensity of sports activities, and on orthopaedical diseases...
- Kapás I, Majtenyi K, Töro K, Keller E, Voigtlander T, Kovacs G. Pellagra encephalopathy as a differential diagnosis for Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. Metab Brain Dis. 2012;27:231-5 pubmed publisher..Pellagra encephalopathy may be considered as a differential diagnosis of CJD including detection of protein 14-3-3. ..
- Horváth Z, Csuka D, Vargova K, Kovacs A, Molnár A, Gulácsi Bárdos P, et al. Elevated C1rC1sC1inh levels independently predict atherosclerotic coronary heart disease. Mol Immunol. 2013;54:8-13 pubmed publisher..3, CI: 1.628-2616.284). Activation of the classical complement pathway can be observed in angiographically proven coronary atherosclerosis. Elevated C1rC1sC1inh levels might represent an useful biomarker for coronary artery disease. ..
- PongrÃ¡cz J, Benedek K, JuhÃ¡sz E, IvÃ¡n M, KristÃ³f K. In vitro biofilm production of Candida bloodstream isolates: any association with clinical characteristics?. J Med Microbiol. 2016;65:272-7 pubmed publisher..No risk factors predisposing to bloodstream infection caused by a biofilm producing C. albicans isolate were identified. Biofilm production was not verified as a risk factor of mortality. ..
- Gorka E, Fabó D, Gézsi A, Czirbesz K, Liszkay G. Distance from Primary Tumor Is the Strongest Predictor for Early Onset of Brain Metastases in Melanoma. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:3065-9 pubmed..We suggest brain magnetic resonance imaging follow-up in the high-risk patient group of patients with melanoma in the head and neck region, especially for those with primary melanoma over Breslow 2 mm located in the scalp. ..
- Fister T. Arduan muscle relaxation prolonged with norcuron. Ther Hung. 1991;39:125-7 pubmed..For avoiding eventual cumulation or synergism the repetition of lower doses to meet the requirements seems to be the most advantageous method. ..
- Farkas Z, Csillik A, Szirmai I, Kamondi A. Asymmetry of tremor intensity and frequency in Parkinson's disease and essential tremor. Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2006;12:49-55 pubmed..We conclude that bilateral assessment of frequency related tremor parameters may be used for differentiation between ET and PT, and provides further details on the central organization of tremor generators. ..
- Maneschg O, Csákány B, Nemeth J. [Ultrasonographic findings in endophthalmitis following cataract surgery : a review of 81 cases]. Ophthalmologe. 2009;106:1012-5 pubmed publisher..Review and analysis of ultrasonographic data of patients with endophthalmitis following cataract surgery...
- Kiss R. Effect of walking speed and severity of hip osteoarthritis on gait variability. J Electromyogr Kinesiol. 2010;20:1044-51 pubmed publisher..Particular attention must be paid to improving gait stability and the reliability of limb movements in the presence of and increasing severity of osteoarthritis. ..
- Tarnoki A, Tarnoki D, Stazi M, Medda E, Cotichini R, Nisticò L, et al. Heritability of central blood pressure and arterial stiffness: a twin study. J Hypertens. 2012;30:1564-71 pubmed publisher..Central systolic and PPs, brachial PP, AIx, aortic PWV are moderately heritable. A moderate genetic covariance among aortic PWV and central PP, central SBP and brachial SBP was found. ..
- Papp G, Changchien Y, Péterfia B, Pecsenka L, Krausz T, Stricker T, et al. SMARCB1 protein and mRNA loss is not caused by promoter and histone hypermethylation in epithelioid sarcoma. Mod Pathol. 2013;26:393-403 pubmed publisher..Most likely it is the microRNA destruction of SMARCB1 mRNA but further investigations are needed to elucidate this issue...
- Crivellari D, Gray K, Dellapasqua S, Puglisi F, Ribi K, Price K, et al. Adjuvant pegylated liposomal doxorubicin for older women with endocrine nonresponsive breast cancer who are NOT suitable for a "standard chemotherapy regimen": the CASA randomized trial. Breast. 2013;22:130-137 pubmed publisher..Based on our limited experience, PLD and CM may be reasonable options for further study for elderly vulnerable patients with endocrine nonresponsive breast cancer. ..
- Krahling T, Balassa K, Kiss K, Bors A, Batai A, Halm G, et al. Co-occurrence of Myeloproliferative Neoplasms and Solid Tumors Is Attributed to a Synergism Between Cytoreductive Therapy and the Common TERT Polymorphism rs2736100. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2016;25:98-104 pubmed publisher..The high frequency of TERT variant in the classic MPN population highlights the importance of the avoidance of long-term cytoreductive treatment in MPN patients. ..
- Balint L, Osvath P, Rihmer Z, Dome P. [Effect of residential region, and educational and marital status on suicide: census-based negative binomial regression analysis]. Psychiatr Hung. 2016;31:15-29 pubmed..The thorough clarification of sociodemographic determinants of suicide is essential in the identification of endangered groups and it is the prerequisite of successful prevention as well. ..
- Dimopoulos M, Stewart A, Masszi T, Spicka I, Oriol A, Hajek R, et al. Carfilzomib, lenalidomide, and dexamethasone in patients with relapsed multiple myeloma categorised by age: secondary analysis from the phase 3 ASPIRE study. Br J Haematol. 2017;177:404-413 pubmed publisher..Carfilzomib-lenalidomide-dexamethasone has a favourable benefit-risk profile for patients with RMM, including elderly patients ?70 years old. clinicaltrials.gov identifier: NCT01080391. ..
- Rostás I, Poto L, Mátrai P, Hegyi P, Tenk J, Garami A, et al. In middle-aged and old obese patients, training intervention reduces leptin level: A meta-analysis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182801 pubmed publisher..Resistance training appears to be more efficient in reducing blood leptin level than aerobic training alone. Physical training, especially resistance training successfully reduces hyperleptinemia even without diet or major weight loss. ..
- Fekete A, Viklicky O, Hubacek J, Rusai K, Erdei G, Treszl A, et al. Association between heat shock protein 70s and toll-like receptor polymorphisms with long-term renal allograft survival. Transpl Int. 2006;19:190-6 pubmed
- Tihanyi D, Gera I, Eickholz P. Influence of individual brightness and contrast adjustment on accuracy of radiographic measurements of infrabony defects. Dentomaxillofac Radiol. 2011;40:177-83 pubmed publisher..The measurement tool used in this study provided high-accuracy measurements of periodontal bone loss in INFRA. Individual brightness and contrast adjustment failed to improve accuracy. ..
- Pomerantz M, Spisak S, Jia L, Cronin A, Csabai I, Ledet E, et al. The association between germline BRCA2 variants and sensitivity to platinum-based chemotherapy among men with metastatic prostate cancer. Cancer. 2017;123:3532-3539 pubmed publisher..Cancer 2017;123:3532-9. © 2017 American Cancer Society. ..
- Pinter E, Pek L. Dys- and paraproteinaemias in patients suffering from ophthalmic herpes zoster. Ger J Ophthalmol. 1994;3:116-9 pubmed..These alterations were comparable with the extent and severity of the pathological processes. Para-proteins were detected in 12% of the patients. In contrast they were not present in the control group. ..
- Geher P, Gomor B. Repeated cyclosporine therapy of peripheral arthritis associated with ankylosing spondylitis. Med Sci Monit. 2001;7:105-7 pubmed..Cyclosporin has proved consistently effective in our case to control the peripheral arthritis associated with ankylosing spondylitis. ..
- Barcsay G, Nagy Z, Nemeth J. Distribution of axial, corneal, and combined ametropia in a refractive surgery unit. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2003;13:739-44 pubmed..To group eyes in our refractive surgery unit on the basis of the origin of their ametropia and to assess the percentage of eyes in the different groups...
- Lichtenberger G. Prevention and management of bilateral vocal cord paralysis by and after thyroid surgery. Otolaryngol Pol. 2004;58:165-71 pubmed..The operations may be performed without any kind of tracheostomy. These are significant advantages over most other glottic dilating operations. ..
- Szilagyi A, Boor K, Szekely A, Gaszner P, Kalasz H, Sasvari Szekely M, et al. Combined effect of promoter polymorphisms in the dopamine D4 receptor and the serotonin transporter genes in heroin dependence. Neuropsychopharmacol Hung. 2005;7:28-33 pubmed..However, due to the limited size of our sample these results should be interpreted with caution. ..
- Istenes I, Keresztes K, Hermanyi Z, Putz Z, Vargha P, Gandhi R, et al. Relationship between autonomic neuropathy and hypertension--are we underestimating the problem?. Diabet Med. 2008;25:863-66 pubmed publisher..All normotensive patients with CAN should be screened for hypertension using ambulatory blood pressure monitoring in order to institute early aggressive interventions to improve their long-term outlook. ..
- Balazs A, Kupcsulik P, Galambos Z. Esophagorespiratory fistulas of tumorous origin. Non-operative management of 264 cases in a 20-year period. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2008;34:1103-7 pubmed publisher..The objective was to reveal the incidence, causes and characteristics of fistula formation and to examine the possibilities and efficiency of the treatment...
- Balazs A, Galambos Z, Kupcsulik P. Characteristics of esophagorespiratory fistulas resulting from esophageal cancers: a single-center study on 243 cases in a 20-year period. World J Surg. 2009;33:994-1001 pubmed publisher..For a better quality of life and longer survival time for these patients, there should be earlier diagnosis and endoscopic intubation as the best palliative treatment should be performed. ..
- Czumbel N, Albert A. Cataract surgery (phacoemulsification) in difficult cases. Oftalmologia. 2009;53:41-4 pubmed..Case I: Mature cataract surgery on a patient with corneal opacities (maculas). Case II: Posterior polar cataract. Case III: Small pupil, shallow anterior chamber (dilating with Malyugin ring)...
- Halászlaki C, Horváth H, Kiss L, Takacs I, Speer G, Nagy Z, et al. [Verner-Morrison syndrome: a case study]. Orv Hetil. 2010;151:1111-4 pubmed publisher..Early diagnosis and management may affect survival of patients favorably. VIPoma cases may be associated with multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1...
- Garas A, Vargha P, Hollo G. Diagnostic accuracy of nerve fibre layer, macular thickness and optic disc measurements made with the RTVue-100 optical coherence tomograph to detect glaucoma. Eye (Lond). 2011;25:57-65 pubmed publisher..The optic disc parameters had lower diagnostic accuracy than the RNFLT and GCC parameters. ..
- Folyovich A, Bakos M, Kántor Z, Hertelendy A, Horvath E, Zsiga K, et al. Stroke prevention--a population screening day in district XII of Budapest. Ideggyogy Sz. 2012;65:101-5 pubmed..In order to increase efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the program, GP-s should also be involved in the planning process, because efficiency may be increased by pre-selecting high-risk individuals. ..
- Lakatos P, Végh Z, Lovasz B, David G, Pandur T, Erdelyi Z, et al. Is current smoking still an important environmental factor in inflammatory bowel diseases? Results from a population-based incident cohort. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2013;19:1010-7 pubmed publisher..No association was observed in pediatric or elderly patients. The deleterious and protective effects of smoking on the course in CD and UC were partially confirmed. ..
- Bailey W, Rosenthal L, Fananapazir L, Gleva M, Mazur A, Rinaldi C, et al. Clinical safety of the ProMRI pacemaker system in patients subjected to head and lower lumbar 1.5-T magnetic resonance imaging scanning conditions. Heart Rhythm. 2015;12:1183-91 pubmed publisher..5% (193/194, P <.001), respectively. The results of the ProMRI/ProMRI AFFIRM studies demonstrate the clinical safety and efficacy of the ProMRI pacemaker system in patients subjected to head and lower lumbar MRI conditions. ..
- Cserni G, Bori R, Sejben I, Ãgoston E, Ãcs B, SzÃ¡sz A. The Petersen prognostic index revisited in Dukes B colon cancer--Inter-institutional differences. Pathol Res Pract. 2016;212:73-6 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that using the PI may be of value in prognostic factor based therapy selection of colon carcinoma patients. ..
- Lakatos P, Hitre E, Szalay F, Zinober K, Fuszek P, Lakatos L, et al. Common NOD2/CARD15 variants are not associated with susceptibility or the clinicopathologic characteristics of sporadic colorectal cancer in Hungarian patients. BMC Cancer. 2007;7:54 pubmed..Our results suggest that common NOD2/CARD15 mutations alone do not contribute to CRC risk in the Hungarian population. ..
- Suba Z, Takács D, Matusovits D, Barabás J, Fazekas A, Szabo G. Maxillary sinus floor grafting with beta-tricalcium phosphate in humans: density and microarchitecture of the newly formed bone. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2006;17:102-8 pubmed..Six months after insertion of the grafts, the bone of the augmented sinus floor was strong and suitable for anchorage of dental implants, irrespective of whether autogenous bone or Cerasorb particles had been applied. ..
- Lakatos G, Sipos F, Miheller P, Hritz I, Varga M, Juhasz M, et al. The behavior of matrix metalloproteinase-9 in lymphocytic colitis, collagenous colitis and ulcerative colitis. Pathol Oncol Res. 2012;18:85-91 pubmed publisher..In contrast, the mucosal up-regulation of MMP-9 correlated with the severity of inflammation in UC. The increased MMP-9 expression could contribute to the severity of mucosal damage in active UC. ..