Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on binding sites in Crete, Greece
Locale: Crete, Greece
Topic: binding sites
- Gagou M, Kapsetaki M, Turberg A, Kafetzopoulos D. Stage-specific expression of the chitin synthase DmeChSA and DmeChSB genes during the onset of Drosophila metamorphosis. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2002;32:141-6 pubmed..Transcripts of either gene are barely detected prior to and during the late-larval ecdysone pulse. Once the late-larval ecdysone pulse is ceased completely, both DmeChSA and DmeChSB genes show a remarkable up-regulation. ..
- Hatzis P, Talianidis I. Regulatory mechanisms controlling human hepatocyte nuclear factor 4alpha gene expression. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:7320-30 pubmed..We present evidence that this sequence is a bona fide retinoic acid response element and that HNF-4alpha expression is upregulated in vivo upon retinoic acid signaling. ..
- Voutsina A, Fragiadakis G, Boutla A, Alexandraki D. The second cysteine-rich domain of Mac1p is a potent transactivator that modulates DNA binding efficiency and functionality of the protein. FEBS Lett. 2001;494:38-43 pubmed..The efficiency of binding to both copper-response promoter elements can determine the in vivo functionality of Mac1p independent of homodimerization. ..
- Chroni S, Ghanotakis D. Accessibility of tyrosine Y(.)(Z) to exogenous reductants and Mn(2+) in various Photosystem II preparations. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2001;1504:432-7 pubmed..Z) to exogenous reductants, such as benzidine. In addition, it was shown that in the presence of the native Mn complex exogenous Mn(2+) does not reduce Y(.)(Z). ..
- Kourmouli N, Theodoropoulos P, Dialynas G, Bakou A, Politou A, Cowell I, et al. Dynamic associations of heterochromatin protein 1 with the nuclear envelope. EMBO J. 2000;19:6558-68 pubmed..A His(6)-tagged peptide representing this region inhibited recruitment of LAP2beta and B-type lamins around the surfaces of condensed chromosomes, suggesting involvement of HP1 proteins in nuclear envelope reassembly. ..
- Spilianakis C, Papamatheakis J, Kretsovali A. Acetylation by PCAF enhances CIITA nuclear accumulation and transactivation of major histocompatibility complex class II genes. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:8489-98 pubmed..These results support a novel function for acetylation, i.e., to regulate gene expression by stimulating the nuclear accumulation of an activator. ..
- Kardassis D, Pardali K, Zannis V. SMAD proteins transactivate the human ApoCIII promoter by interacting physically and functionally with hepatocyte nuclear factor 4. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:41405-14 pubmed
- Pinakoulaki E, Pfitzner U, Ludwig B, Varotsis C. The role of the cross-link His-Tyr in the functional properties of the binuclear center in cytochrome c oxidase. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:13563-8 pubmed..Oxygenated intermediates are formed by mixing oxygen with the CO-bound mixed-valence wild type and Y280H enzymes with similar Soret maxima at 438 nm. ..
- Fragiadakis G, Tzamarias D, Alexandraki D. Nhp6 facilitates Aft1 binding and Ssn6 recruitment, both essential for FRE2 transcriptional activation. EMBO J. 2004;23:333-42 pubmed..Therefore, transcriptional activation in response to iron availability involves multiple protein interactions between the Aft1 iron-responsive DNA-binding factor and global regulators such as Nhp6 and Ssn6. ..
- Fadouloglou V, Deli A, Glykos N, Psylinakis E, Bouriotis V, Kokkinidis M. Crystal structure of the BcZBP, a zinc-binding protein from Bacillus cereus. FEBS J. 2007;274:3044-54 pubmed publisher..The functional implications and a possible catalytic mechanism are discussed...
- Alcock F, Grossmann J, Gentle I, Likic V, Lithgow T, Tokatlidis K. Conserved substrate binding by chaperones in the bacterial periplasm and the mitochondrial intermembrane space. Biochem J. 2008;409:377-87 pubmed
- Kasotakis E, Mossou E, Adler Abramovich L, Mitchell E, Forsyth V, Gazit E, et al. Design of metal-binding sites onto self-assembled peptide fibrils. Biopolymers. 2009;92:164-72 pubmed publisher..Short, biologically inspired self-assembling peptide scaffolds derived from natural fibrous proteins with known three-dimensional structure may provide a viable approach towards the rational design of inorganic nanowires. ..