Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on aged in Thessaloníki, Central Macedonia, Greece
Locale: Thessaloníki, Central Macedonia, Greece
Publications179 found, 100 shown here
- Kalinderi K, Fidani L, Katsarou Z, Clarimon J, Bostantjopoulou S, Kotsis A. GSK3? polymorphisms, MAPT H1 haplotype and Parkinson's disease in a Greek cohort. Neurobiol Aging. 2011;32:546.e1-5 pubmed publisher..Haplotype analysis revealed that, the T-T haplotype of both GSK3? polymorphisms was over-represented in PD patients compared to controls, and this association was independent of MAPT H1 haplotype. ..
- Dardas P, Mezilis N, Ninios V, Efthimiadis G, Tsikaderis D, Pagourelias E, et al. Rheolytic thrombectomy in patients with acute coronary syndrome and large thrombus burden: initial and mid-term results from a single centre experience. Hellenic J Cardiol. 2010;51:27-36 pubmed..In this study, the use of RT in patients with a large thrombus burden during acute PCI was both feasible and safe and reduced the incidence of initial no-reflow phenomenon. ..
- Papazisis K, Kontovinis L, Papandreou C, Kouvatseas G, Lafaras C, Antonakis E, et al. Brain natriuretic peptide precursor (NT-pro-BNP) levels predict for clinical benefit to sunitinib treatment in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:489 pubmed publisher..More analyses, including multivariate analyses are needed before such an observation can be used in clinical practice. ..
- Sianos G, Papafaklis M. Septal wire entrapment during recanalisation of a chronic total occlusion with the retrograde approach. Hellenic J Cardiol. 2011;52:79-83 pubmed..After assessment of the length of the remaining distal end of the wire segment with intravascular ultrasound, stent implantation crushed the wire filament to the vessel wall. ..
- Polyzos S, Anastasilakis A, Bratengeier C, Woloszczuk W, Papatheodorou A, Terpos E. Serum sclerostin levels positively correlate with lumbar spinal bone mineral density in postmenopausal women--the six-month effect of risedronate and teriparatide. Osteoporos Int. 2012;23:1171-6 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, serum sclerostin was increased after 6 months treatment with RIS, whereas remained essentially unchanged after 6 months TPTD treatment. ..
- Fragakis N, Koskinas K, Katritsis D, Pagourelias E, Zografos T, Geleris P. Comparison of effectiveness of ranolazine plus amiodarone versus amiodarone alone for conversion of recent-onset atrial fibrillation. Am J Cardiol. 2012;110:673-7 pubmed publisher..There were no proarrhythmic events in either group. In conclusion, addition of ranolazine to standard amiodarone therapy is equally safe and appears to be more effective compared to amiodarone alone for conversion of recent-onset AF...
- Karavasilis V, Kotoula V, Pentheroudakis G, Televantou D, Lambaki S, Chrisafi S, et al. A phase I study of temozolomide and lapatinib combination in patients with recurrent high-grade gliomas. J Neurol. 2013;260:1469-80 pubmed publisher..Combination of TMZ and LP is feasible with manageable toxicity. The activity of this combination in patients with recurrent glioblastoma multiforme is further investigated in a recently initiated phase II trial. ..
- Anastasilakis A, Polyzos S, Gkiomisi A, Bisbinas I, Gerou S, Makras P. Comparative effect of zoledronic acid versus denosumab on serum sclerostin and dickkopf-1 levels of naive postmenopausal women with low bone mass: a randomized, head-to-head clinical trial. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013;98:3206-12 pubmed publisher
- Polyzos S, Kountouras J, Anastasilakis A, Geladari E, Mantzoros C. Irisin in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Metabolism. 2014;63:207-17 pubmed publisher..Future clinical and mechanistic studies are needed to confirm and extend these data. ..
- Papatheodoridis G, Idilman R, Dalekos G, Buti M, Chi H, van Boemmel F, et al. The risk of hepatocellular carcinoma decreases after the first 5 years of entecavir or tenofovir in Caucasians with chronic hepatitis B. Hepatology. 2017;66:1444-1453 pubmed publisher..Hepatology 2017;66:1444-1453). ..
- Konstas A, Koliakos G, Karabatsas C, Liakos P, Schlötzer Schrehardt U, Georgiadis N, et al. Latanoprost therapy reduces the levels of TGF beta 1 and gelatinases in the aqueous humour of patients with exfoliative glaucoma. Exp Eye Res. 2006;82:319-22 pubmed..A better understanding of its effect on the pathobiology of the disease may lead to its earlier use in the disease process to prevent progression from XFS to XFG. ..
- Katsinelos P, Kountouras J, Paroutoglou G, Chatzimavroudis G, Zavos C. Combination of endoprostheses and oral ursodeoxycholic acid or placebo in the treatment of difficult to extract common bile duct stones. Dig Liver Dis. 2008;40:453-9 pubmed publisher..602) and fragmentation (p=0.558) between the two groups. The results of this study suggest that UDCA does not seem to contribute to the reduction in stones' size or stones' fragmentation during the endoprosthetic procedure. ..
- Katsinelos P, Pilpilidis I, Papaziogas B, Chatzimavroudis G, Paroutoglou G, Mimidis K, et al. Fatal acute acalculous cholecystitis as an early complication after radiation therapy. Chirurgia (Bucur). 2008;103:223-6 pubmed..He underwent exploratory laparotomy but he died from uncontrolled sepsis three days later. Histological study of the resected gallbladder showed findings of acute acalculous cholecystitis...
- Papakosta D, Manika K, Kyriazis G, Kontakiotis T, Gioulekas D, Polyzoni T, et al. Bronchoalveolar lavage fluid eosinophils are correlated to natural killer cells in eosinophilic pneumonias. Respiration. 2009;78:177-84 pubmed publisher..Eosinophil inflammation seems to develop through a different pathway in EP compared to other ILDs. ..
- Giannoglou G, Koskinas K, Tziakas D, Ziakas A, Antoniadis A, Tentes I, et al. Total cholesterol content of erythrocyte membranes and coronary atherosclerosis: an intravascular ultrasound pilot study. Angiology. 2009;60:676-82 pubmed publisher..We sought to investigate the relationship between total cholesterol content in erythrocyte membranes (CEM) and coronary atheroma burden in patients with coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- Spyratos D, Glattki G, Sichletidis L, Patakas D. Assessment of respiratory mechanics by impulse oscillometry in orthopneic patients with acute left ventricular failure. Heart Lung. 2011;40:97-104 pubmed publisher..42, P = .007) in the sitting position. Patients with ALVF demonstrated increased respiratory reactance that correlated with orthopnea severity and improved after nitrates administration. ..
- Pitsiou G, Kioumis I. Pneumococcal vaccination in adults: does it really work?. Respir Med. 2011;105:1776-83 pubmed publisher..Despite this, there is growing evidence that conjugate vaccines, due to their superior immunogenicity, could also be offered for adult vaccination, but still there are certain issues that warrant further investigation. ..
- Kazakos K, Kotsa K, Yavropoulou M, Dionyssopoulos A, Grabs R, Yovos J, et al. Familial clustering strongly suggests that the phenotypic variation of the 8344 A>G lys mitochondrial tRNA mutation is encoded in cis. Ann Hum Genet. 2012;76:296-300 pubmed publisher..The clustering of unusual manifestations in this large kindred strongly suggests that much of the phenotypic variability of 8344 A>G is determined by mitochondrially encoded modifiers in cis. ..
- Mavroudis I, Manani M, Petrides F, Dados D, Ciobica A, Padurariu M, et al. Age-related dendritic and spinal alterations of pyramidal cells of the human visual cortex. Folia Neuropathol. 2015;53:100-10 pubmed
- Papatheodoridis G, Dalekos G, Sypsa V, Yurdaydin C, Buti M, Goulis J, et al. PAGE-B predicts the risk of developing hepatocellular carcinoma in Caucasians with chronic hepatitis B on 5-year antiviral therapy. J Hepatol. 2016;64:800-6 pubmed publisher..PAGE-B, which is based only on baseline patients' age, gender and platelets, represents a simple and reliable score for prediction of the 5-year HCC risk in Caucasian CHB patients under entecavir/tenofovir. ..
- Maiovis P, Ioannidis P, Nucci M, Gotzamani Psarrakou A, Karacostas D. Adaptation of the Cognitive Reserve Index Questionnaire (CRIq) for the Greek population. Neurol Sci. 2016;37:633-6 pubmed publisher..The Greek version of CRIq enriches existing dementia research methodology and allows for valid results in an ever growing field. ..
- Fassas A, Anagnostopoulos A. The use of liposomal daunorubicin (DaunoXome) in acute myeloid leukemia. Leuk Lymphoma. 2005;46:795-802 pubmed..Two comparative trials are currently active in AML patients, one in children and another in the elderly, run by the international BFM and GIMEMA groups, respectively. ..
- Dumaidi K, Frantzidou F, Papa A, Diza E, Antoniadis A. Enterovirus meningitis in Greece from 2003-2005: diagnosis, CSF laboratory findings, and clinical manifestations. J Clin Lab Anal. 2006;20:177-83 pubmed..The 5'NCR and VP1-2A RT-PCR with sequence analysis were found to be superior to conventional methods for direct diagnosis and the typing of EVs. ..
- Stangou M, Alexopoulos E, Pantzaki A, Leonstini M, Memmos D. C5b-9 glomerular deposition and tubular alpha3beta1-integrin expression are implicated in the development of chronic lesions and predict renal function outcome in immunoglobulin A nephropathy. Scand J Urol Nephrol. 2008;42:373-80 pubmed..Furthermore, its positive correlation with the intensity of tubular alpha3beta1-integrin suggests a possible implication in the development of tubulointerstitial fibrosis. ..
- Fyrmpas G, Rachovitsas D, Haidich A, Constantinidis J, Triaridis S, Vital V, et al. Are postural restrictions after an Epley maneuver unnecessary? First results of a controlled study and review of the literature. Auris Nasus Larynx. 2009;36:637-43 pubmed publisher..Based on current evidence, the use of postural restrictions after the canal-repositioning maneuver is unjustified. ..
- Ioannidis I, Sakellari D, Spala A, Arsenakis M, Konstantinidis A. Prevalence of tetM, tetQ, nim and bla(TEM) genes in the oral cavities of Greek subjects: a pilot study. J Clin Periodontol. 2009;36:569-74 pubmed publisher..05). Findings from the present study suggest a high prevalence of tetM, tetQ and bla(TEM), but not nim resistance genes in subgingival and tongue samples from Greek subjects. ..
- Papa A, Koulourida V, Souliou E. Molecular epidemiology of carbapenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii in a newly established Greek hospital. Microb Drug Resist. 2009;15:257-60 pubmed publisher..Isolates were clustered into five distinct clones. The majority of isolates were carrying the bla(OXA-58) gene, while a new clone emerged in 2008. ..
- Karakasis C, Kalinderi K, Katsarou Z, Fidani L, Bostantjopoulou S. Association of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) Val66Met polymorphism with Parkinson's disease in a Greek population. J Clin Neurosci. 2011;18:1744-5 pubmed publisher..Our results do not support a major role for the BDNF Val66Met polymorphism in PD in the Greek population. ..
- Eleftheriadis E, Kotzampassi K. Endoprosthesis implantation at the pharyngo-esophageal level: problems, limitations and challenges. World J Gastroenterol. 2006;12:2103-8 pubmed..Endoprosthesis implantation for malignancy and/or fistula of malignant or benign origin at the level of the cervical esophagus is an easy, well tolerated, safe and effective procedure with no complications or mortality. ..
- Patsatsi A, Vyzantiadis T, Devliotou Panagiotidou D, Chrysomallis F, Sotiriadis D. Detection of anti-BP180NC16a and anti-BP230 autoantibodies in blister fluid of patients with bullous pemphigoid: the first survey in Greece. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2008;33:183-5 pubmed..Our results indicate that blister-fluid examination by ELISA can be a useful tool to diagnose bullous pemphigoid, especially in elderly patients who refuse biopsy or have poor venous access. ..
- Kadoglou N, Sailer N, Moumtzouoglou A, Kapelouzou A, Gerasimidis T, Liapis C. Aggressive lipid-lowering is more effective than moderate lipid-lowering treatment in carotid plaque stabilization. J Vasc Surg. 2010;51:114-21 pubmed publisher..Most importantly, those atorvastatin-induced effects were associated with OPN and OPG suppression in a dose-dependent manner. ..
- Vikelis M, Argyriou A, Dermitzakis E, Spingos K, Mitsikostas D. Onabotulinumtoxin-A treatment in Greek patients with chronic migraine. J Headache Pain. 2016;17:84 pubmed publisher..Adverse events were few and of non- serious nature. Our results strongly support the use of onabotulinumtoxin-A for the prophylaxis of CM, as this intervention proved effective, safe and well tolerated in our cohort of Greek patients. ..
- Moralidis E, Papanastassiou E, Arsos G, Chilidis I, Gerasimou G, Gotzamani Psarrakou A. A single measurement with (51)Cr-tagged red cells or (125)I-labeled human serum albumin in the prediction of fractional and whole blood volumes: an assessment of the limitations. Physiol Meas. 2009;30:559-71 pubmed publisher..The f ratio was inconstant and correlated with PV and the body hematocrit. We conclude that blood volumes can be determined reliabily only with direct measurements of RCV and PV. Estimated blood volumes may lead to misconceptions...
- Tsitouridis I, Michaelides M, Sidiropoulos D, Arvanity M. Renal emphysema in diabetic patients: CT evaluation. Diagn Interv Radiol. 2010;16:221-6 pubmed publisher..Herein we describe the computed tomographic findings in five unilateral cases of renal emphysema (two cases of emphysematous pyelitis and three cases of emphysematous pyelonephritis) in five insulin-dependent diabetic patients...
- Patrikidou A, Valeri R, Kitikidou K, Destouni C, Vahtsevanos K. Introducing Cytology-Based Theranostics in Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma: A Pilot Program. Pathol Oncol Res. 2016;22:401-11 pubmed publisher..Brush cytology appears feasible and applicable for the expression profiling of oral squamous cell carcinoma within the concept of theranostics, according to sample availability. ..
- Papa A, Bojovic B, Antoniadis A. Hantaviruses in Serbia and Montenegro. Emerg Infect Dis. 2006;12:1015-8 pubmed..An outbreak of hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome occurred in 2002 in Serbia and Montenegro. The epidemiologic characteristics and genetic relatedness of Dobrava/Belgrade virus strains responsible for most cases are described...
- Dimitroulas T, Settas L. Paget's disease of the vulva in a patient with scleroderma and underlying adenocarcinoma: case report. Eur J Gynaecol Oncol. 2009;30:458-9 pubmed..SSc and PVD are associated with various types of malignancies and patients suffering from these diseases should be under surveillance in order for any suspicious symptoms of malignancy to be early detected and investigated...
- Vassiliadis T, Giouleme O, Koumerkeridis G, Koumaras H, Tziomalos K, Patsiaoura K, et al. Adefovir plus lamivudine are more effective than adefovir alone in lamivudine-resistant HBeAg- chronic hepatitis B patients: a 4-year study. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2010;25:54-60 pubmed publisher..In addition, two patients in each group who did not achieve a virological response eventually developed ADV resistance. Adding ADV to LAM is more effective than switching to ADV monotherapy in LAM-resistant patients with HBeAg(-) CHB. ..
- Mantziari L, Kamperidis V, Ventoulis I, Damvopoulou E, Giannakoulas G, Efthimiadis G, et al. Increased right atrial volume index predicts low Duke activity status index in patients with chronic heart failure. Hellenic J Cardiol. 2013;54:32-8 pubmed..Increased right atrial volume index predicts low functional capacity quantified by the Duke Activity Status Index in patients with stable chronic heart failure. ..
- Bamias A, Peroukidis S, Stamatopoulou S, Tzannis K, Koutsoukos K, Andreadis C, et al. Utilization of Systemic Chemotherapy in Advanced Urothelial Cancer: A Retrospective Collaborative Study by the Hellenic Genitourinary Cancer Group (HGUCG). Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2016;14:e153-9 pubmed publisher..Enforcing criteria for fitness for cisplatin and earlier diagnosis of relapse represent 2 targets for improvement in current treatment practice for AUCa. ..
- Katsaridis V, Papagiannaki C, Aimar E. Curative embolization of cerebral arteriovenous malformations (AVMs) with Onyx in 101 patients. Neuroradiology. 2008;50:589-97 pubmed publisher..High rates of total or near-total occlusion of brain AVMs can be achieved with multiple sessions of Onyx embolization with acceptable morbidity and mortality. ..
- Sombolos K, Fragia T, Gionanlis L, Veneti P, Bamichas G, Fragidis S, et al. The anticoagulant activity of enoxaparin sodium during on-line hemodiafiltration and conventional hemodialysis. Hemodial Int. 2009;13:43-7 pubmed publisher..The anticoagulant activity of enoxaparin sodium is decreased significantly during a 4-hour OL-HDF session compared with to a similar session of C-HD. The degree of the reduction seems to depend on the dialyzer's membrane. ..
- Baloyannis S, Mavroudis I, Baloyannis I, Costa V. Mammillary Bodies in Alzheimer's Disease: A Golgi and Electron Microscope Study. Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen. 2016;31:247-56 pubmed publisher..Electron microscopy revealed mitochondrial alterations and fragmentation of Golgi apparatus, associated frequently with synaptic pathology. ..
- Dimitroulas T, Giannakoulas G, Papadopoulou K, Karvounis H, Dimitroula H, Koliakos G, et al. Early detection of cardiac involvement in systemic sclerosis assessed by tissue-Doppler echocardiography: relationship with neurohormonal activation and endothelial dysfunction. J Rheumatol. 2010;37:993-9 pubmed publisher..NT-proBNP and ADMA are significantly correlated with echocardiographic abnormalities, providing a potent link for cardiac function, neuroendocrine derangement, and endothelial dysfunction in patients with SSc who have cardiac disease. ..
- Giannoglou G, Antoniadis A, Chatzizisis Y, Louridas G. Difference in the topography of atherosclerosis in the left versus right coronary artery in patients referred for coronary angiography. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2010;10:26 pubmed publisher..LCA-only disease is more frequent than RCA-only disease. Men have a higher probability than women to present with concomitant RCA and LCA disease while women are more likely than men to be found with LCA-only disease. ..
- Patsatsi A, Kyriakou A, Sotiriadis D. Ustekinumab in nail psoriasis: an open-label, uncontrolled, nonrandomized study. J Dermatolog Treat. 2013;24:96-100 pubmed publisher..9% (range: 10.3-90.3%) and 100.0% (range: 71.7-100.0%), at weeks 16 and 40, respectively. Although this study may be considered as preliminary, data suggest that ustekinumab is very effective in nail psoriasis. ..
- Chronopoulos A, Zarra T, TrÃ¶ltzsch M, Mahaini S, Ehrenfeld M, Otto S. Osteoradionecrosis of the mandible: A ten year single-center retrospective study. J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2015;43:837-46 pubmed publisher..237, 95% Cl: 0.086-0.655) were significant predictors for stage III necrosis. The aforementioned factors are predictive of ORN severity and can guide its prophylaxis and management. ..
- Papagianni A, Kokolina E, Kalovoulos M, Vainas A, Dimitriadis C, Memmos D. Carotid atherosclerosis is associated with inflammation, malnutrition and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 in patients on continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2004;19:1258-63 pubmed..Hypoalbuminaemia and ICAM-1 appear independently related with atherogenesis but the mechanisms supporting these associations remain to be identified. ..
- Fidani L, Goulas A, Crook R, Petersen R, Tangalos E, Kotsis A, et al. An association study of the cholesteryl ester transfer protein TaqI B polymorphism with late onset Alzheimer's disease. Neurosci Lett. 2004;357:152-4 pubmed..CETP TaqI B did not interact significantly with either APOE epsilon4 or LPLS447X, in this study. ..
- Ioannides D, Lazaridou E, Apalla Z, Sotiriou E, Gregoriou S, Rigopoulos D. Acitretin for severe lichen sclerosus of male genitalia: a randomized, placebo controlled study. J Urol. 2010;183:1395-9 pubmed publisher..Acitretin is safe and effective for the management of severe, long-standing lichen sclerosus of the male genitalia. Study limitations included bias during clinical evaluation considering the expected side effects of acitretin. ..
- Georgitsi M, Vitoros V, Panou C, Tsangaris I, Aimoniotou E, Gatselis N, et al. Individualized significance of the -251 A/T single nucleotide polymorphism of interleukin-8 in severe infections. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2016;35:563-70 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that carriage of rs4073 modifies susceptibility for severe infection in an individualized way. This is associated with a modulation of circulating IL-8. ..
- Paraskevas G, Papaziogas B, Lazaridis C, Gigis P, Papaziogas T. Annular pancreas in adults: embryological development, morphology and clinical significance. Surg Radiol Anat. 2001;23:437-42 pubmed..The embryology and morphology of the annular pancreas, the morphology of its duct system, diagnosis, differential diagnosis and the surgical treatment of this rare condition are reviewed. ..
- Katsinelos P, Dimiropoulos S, Tsolkas P, Baltagiannis S, Kapelidis P, Galanis I, et al. Successful treatment of duodenal bulb obstruction caused by a gallstone (Bouveret's syndrome) after endoscopic mechanical lithotripsy. Surg Endosc. 2002;16:1363 pubmed..The stone was crushed successfully by endoscopic mechanical lithotripsy. The patient was referred for surgery, and was discharged after a successful and uneventful cholecystectomy. ..
- Brazitikos P, Balidis M, Tranos P, Androudi S, Papadopoulos N, Tsinopoulos I, et al. Sulcus implantation of a 3-piece, 6.0 mm optic, hydrophobic foldable acrylic intraocular lens in phacoemulsification complicated by posterior capsule rupture. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2002;28:1618-22 pubmed..The postoperative behavior and centralization of the IOLs resembled those of poly(methyl methacrylate) lenses. ..
- Antonitsis P, Saratzis N, Velissaris I, Lazaridis I, Melas N, Ginis G, et al. Management of cervical paragangliomas: review of a 15-year experience. Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2006;391:396-402 pubmed..Cervical paragangliomas are highly vascular neoplasms and should be considered in the evaluation of all lateral neck masses. The aim of this study is to review an institutional experience in the management of these tumors...
- Sachpekidis V, Vogiatzis I, Dadous G, Kanonidis I, Papadopoulos C, Sakadamis G. Carotid sinus hypersensitivity is common in patients presenting with hip fracture and unexplained falls. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2009;32:1184-90 pubmed publisher..The vasodepressor/mixed forms account for the majority of CSH responses in the group of unexplained fallers. ..
- Paraskevas G, Raikos A, Chouliaras K, Papaziogas B. Variable anatomical relationship of phrenic nerve and subclavian vein: clinical implication for subclavian vein catheterization. Br J Anaesth. 2011;106:348-51 pubmed publisher..Variants of the relationship of the subclavian vein and the phrenic nerve should be familiar to anaesthesiologists during subclavian vein cannulation in order to achieve successful vein approach without causing phrenic nerve palsy. ..
- Baltzis D, Grammatikopoulou M, Papanas N, Trakatelli C, Kintiraki E, Hassapidou M, et al. Obese Patients with Type 2 Diabetes on Conventional Versus Intensive Insulin Therapy: Efficacy of Low-Calorie Dietary Intervention. Adv Ther. 2016;33:447-59 pubmed publisher..CIT was associated with BW reduction greater than 8.0%, whereas IIT was associated with higher rates of normoglycemia. ..
- Anastasilakis A, Koulaxis D, Kefala N, Polyzos S, Upadhyay J, Pagkalidou E, et al. Circulating irisin levels are lower in patients with either stable coronary artery disease (CAD) or myocardial infarction (MI) versus healthy controls, whereas follistatin and activin A levels are higher and can discriminate MI from CAD with similar . Metabolism. 2017;73:1-8 pubmed publisher..They can predict MI with accuracy similar to CK-MB and their role in the diagnosis of MI remains to be confirmed by prospective large clinical studies. ..
- Christoforidis E, Goulimaris I, Kanellos I, Tsalis K, Demetriades C, Betsis D. Post-ERCP pancreatitis and hyperamylasemia: patient-related and operative risk factors. Endoscopy. 2002;34:286-92 pubmed
- Stamatopoulos K, Belessi C, Hadzidimitriou A, Smilevska T, Kalagiakou E, Hatzi K, et al. Immunoglobulin light chain repertoire in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Blood. 2005;106:3575-83 pubmed..The existence of subsets that comprise given IGKV-J/IGLV-J domains associated with IGHV-D-J domains that display homologous CDR3 provides further evidence for the role of antigen in CLL pathogenesis. ..
- Christodoulou A, Givissis P, Karataglis D, Symeonidis P, Pournaras J. Treatment of tuberculous spondylitis with anterior stabilization and titanium cage. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2006;444:60-5 pubmed..Therapeutic study. Level IV (case series). Please see Guidelines for Authors for a complete description of levels of evidence. ..
- Triantafillidou K, Dimitrakopoulos J, Iordanidis F, Koufogiannis D. Management of adenoid cystic carcinoma of minor salivary glands. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2006;64:1114-20 pubmed..The treatment failure is associated with positive margins of the excised surgical specimen and named nerve involvement. The immunohistochemical study of Ki-67 expression may provide additional prognostic information for this tumor. ..
- Antoniou S, Delivorias P, Antoniou G, Natsiopoulos I, Kalambakas A, Dalenbäck J, et al. Symptom-focused results after laparoscopic fundoplication for refractory gastroesophageal reflux disease--a prospective study. Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2008;393:979-84 pubmed publisher..The high patient satisfaction rate and the positive therapeutic response in 95% of patients justify this procedure in this strictly selected group of patients. ..
- Sombolos K, Fragia T, Gionanlis L, Veneti P, Bamichas G, Fragidis S, et al. Use of fondaparinux as an anticoagulant during hemodialysis: a preliminary study. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2008;46:198-203 pubmed..However, anti-Xa levels in the former patients were still increased before the next dialysis session, potentially exposing the patients to an increased risk of bleeding. ..
- Kantas I, Balatsouras D, Kamargianis N, Katotomichelakis M, Riga M, Danielidis V. The influence of laryngopharyngeal reflux in the healing of laryngeal trauma. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2009;266:253-9 pubmed publisher..Surgical outcome is superior in patients with LPR with preoperative and postoperative anti-reflux treatment. ..
- Boukovinas I, Papadaki C, Mendez P, Taron M, Mavroudis D, Koutsopoulos A, et al. Tumor BRCA1, RRM1 and RRM2 mRNA expression levels and clinical response to first-line gemcitabine plus docetaxel in non-small-cell lung cancer patients. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3695 pubmed publisher..The mRNA expression of BRCA1, RRM1 and RRM2 is potentially a useful tool for selecting NSCLC patients for individualized chemotherapy and warrants further investigation in prospective studies. ..
- Praidou A, Klangas I, Papakonstantinou E, Androudi S, Georgiadis N, Karakiulakis G, et al. Vitreous and serum levels of platelet-derived growth factor and their correlation in patients with proliferative diabetic retinopathy. Curr Eye Res. 2009;34:152-61 pubmed publisher..There was no correlation between the vitreous and serum levels of VEGF or PDGF in patients with PDR. It appears that, in addition to VEGF, PDGF-AA, -AB, and -BB in the vitreous are also correlated with PDR. ..
- Lostoridis E, Tourountzi P, Pouggouras K, Koutsouki S, Lampiri K, Nagy E. Pneumoscrotum after tracheal intubation. Acta Anaesthesiol Taiwan. 2015;53:44-6 pubmed publisher..Air or gas inside the scrotum may originate from intraperitoneal, extraperitoneal, or local sources. The majority of the cases can be managed conservatively, but emergent intervention is needed in life-threatening situations. ..
- Bozikas V, Gold G, Kovari E, Herrmann F, Karavatos A, Giannakopoulos P, et al. Pathological correlates of poststroke depression in elderly patients. Am J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2005;13:166-9 pubmed..The authors examined the relationship between poststroke depression and location of stroke...
- Vassilakopoulou M, Avgeris M, Velcheti V, Kotoula V, Rampias T, Chatzopoulos K, et al. Evaluation of PD-L1 Expression and Associated Tumor-Infiltrating Lymphocytes in Laryngeal Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2016;22:704-13 pubmed publisher..Increased TILs density and PD-L1 levels are associated with better outcome in laryngeal squamous cell cancer. Assessment of TILs and PD-L1 expression could be useful to predict response to immune checkpoint inhibitors. ..
- Sattlecker M, Khondoker M, Proitsi P, Williams S, Soininen H, Kłoszewska I, et al. Longitudinal Protein Changes in Blood Plasma Associated with the Rate of Cognitive Decline in Alzheimer's Disease. J Alzheimers Dis. 2016;49:1105-14 pubmed publisher..We also found that members of the cytokine-cytokine receptor interaction pathway change during AD when compared to healthy aging subjects. ..
- Alexopoulos D, Kochiadakis G, Afthonidis D, Barbetseas J, Kelembekoglou P, Limberi S, et al. Ranolazine reduces angina frequency and severity and improves quality of life: Observational study in patients with chronic angina under ranolazine treatment in Greece (OSCAR-GR). Int J Cardiol. 2016;205:111-116 pubmed publisher..Ranolazine was associated with decreased angina frequency and severity, and improvements in QoL. The benefits provided by ranolazine in controlled clinical trials are maintained in the clinical setting. ..
- Koliakos G, Konstas A, Triantos A, Ritch R. Increased growth factor activity in the aqueous humour of patients with exfoliation syndrome. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2000;238:491-5 pubmed..To investigate the growth factor activity in the aqueous humour of patients with exfoliation syndrome (XFS)...
- Pavlidis T, Papaziogas B, Koutelidakis I, Papaziogas T. Abdominal wall sinus due to impacting gallstone during laparoscopic cholecystectomy: an unusual complication. Surg Endosc. 2002;16:360 pubmed..The removal of the stones resulted in complete healing. Long-term complications after laparoscopic cholecystectomy involving the abdominal wall are rare but important possible consequences that could be avoided. ..
- Dimopoulos A, Katsanos A, Mikropoulos D, Giannopoulos T, Empeslidis T, Teus M, et al. Scanning laser polarimetry in eyes with exfoliation syndrome. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2013;23:743-50 pubmed publisher..To compare retinal nerve fiber layer thickness (RNFLT) of normotensive eyes with exfoliation syndrome (XFS) and healthy eyes.?..
- Tsaousis K, Plainis S, Dimitrakos S, Tsinopoulos I. Binocularity enhances visual acuity of eyes implanted with multifocal intraocular lenses. J Refract Surg. 2013;29:246-50 pubmed publisher..09 ± 0.08 logMAR at 33 cm. The results confirm that there is substantial benefit of binocular vision in individuals with bilateral multifocal IOL implantation in terms of increased visual acuity. This effect is evident at all distances. ..
- Fountzilas G, Pectasides D, Kalogera Fountzila A, Skarlos D, Kalofonos H, Papadimitriou C, et al. Paclitaxel and carboplatin as first-line chemotherapy combined with gefitinib (IRESSA) in patients with advanced breast cancer: a phase I/II study conducted by the Hellenic Cooperative Oncology Group. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2005;92:1-9 pubmed..7 and 42.7%, respectively), with the majority (72.1%) negative for cytoplasmic p27(kipl). The observed efficacy data in this study were similar to those reported for the combination of paclitaxel and carboplatin alone. ..
- Katsinelos P, Kountouras J, Chatzimavroudis G, Zavos C, Beltsis A, Paroutoglou G, et al. Should inspection of the laryngopharyngeal area be part of routine upper gastrointestinal endoscopy? A prospective study. Dig Liver Dis. 2009;41:283-8 pubmed publisher..All other findings were lesions without clinical significance. Screening examination of the laryngopharyngeal area should be part of each UGI endoscopy revealing important laryngeal pathology. ..
- Agapakis D, Tsantilas D, Psarris P, Massa E, Kotsaftis P, Tziomalos K, et al. Coagulation and inflammation biomarkers may help predict the severity of community-acquired pneumonia. Respirology. 2010;15:796-803 pubmed publisher..Serum levels of AT-III, D-D and CRP at admission appear to be useful biomarkers for assessing the severity of CAP. ..
- Papoulidis P, Ananiadou O, Chalvatzoulis E, Ampatzidou F, Koutsogiannidis C, Karaiskos T, et al. The role of ascorbic acid in the prevention of atrial fibrillation after elective on-pump myocardial revascularization surgery: a single-center experience--a pilot study. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2011;12:121-4 pubmed publisher..5±2.8 days vs. 6.7±1.9, P=0.034). Supplementation of vitamin C reduces the incidence of postCABG AF, and decreases the time needed for rhythm restoration and length of hospital stay. ..
- Charokopos N, Foroulis C, Rouska E, Sileli M, Papadopoulos N, Papakonstantinou C. The management of post-intubation tracheal stenoses with self-expandable stents: early and long-term results in 11 cases. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2011;40:919-24 pubmed publisher..The early and long-term results of 11 patients with post-intubation tracheal stenosis, who underwent tracheal stenting with self-expandable metallic stents (SEMSs), are presented...
- Tsouknidas A, Anagnostidis K, Maliaris G, Michailidis N. Fracture risk in the femoral hip region: A finite element analysis supported experimental approach. J Biomech. 2012;45:1959-64 pubmed publisher..FEA simulations facilitated the correlation of the DXA measurements to the apparent fracture risk, indicating critical strain values during complex loading scenarios. ..
- Ballas K, Rafailidis S, Demertzidis C, Alatsakis M, Pantzaki A, Sakadamis A. Mixed exocrine-endocrine tumor of the pancreas. JOP. 2005;6:449-54 pubmed..The patient has had a follow-up CT scan every six months, and one and a half years later remains disease free. ..
- Speletas M, Katodritou E, Daiou C, Mandala E, Papadakis E, Kioumi A, et al. Correlations of JAK2-V617F mutation with clinical and laboratory findings in patients with myeloproliferative disorders. Leuk Res. 2007;31:1053-62 pubmed..These correlations imply that the JAK2-V617F mutation may be useful for the classification and the management of patients with MPDs. ..
- Zacharakis E, Dudderidge T, Zacharakis E, Ioannidis E. Surgical repair of idiopathic scrotal elephantiasis. South Med J. 2008;101:208-10 pubmed publisher..Surgical management was an effective strategy in the management of scrotal lymphedema in this case. ..
- Krassas G, Pontikides N, Kaltsas T, Dumas A, Frystyk J, Chen J, et al. Free and total insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I, -II, and IGF binding protein-1, -2, and -3 serum levels in patients with active thyroid eye disease. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003;88:132-5 pubmed..The increased IGF levels in retrobulbar tissues previously described, appear to be independent of serum IGFs concentration and probably represent autocrine and/or paracrine activity. ..