Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on liver in Jena, Thuringia, Germany
Locale: Jena, Thuringia, Germany
- Rauchfuss F, Lambeck S, Claus R, Ullmann J, Schulz T, Weber M, et al. Sustained liver regeneration after portal vein embolization --a human molecular pilot study. Dig Liver Dis. 2012;44:681-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate a sustained regeneration after portal vein embolization reflected in hyperplasia and angiogenesis in the human liver and provide novel molecular mechanisms of interlobe crosstalk. ..
- Keller S, Helbig D, Härtl A, Jahreis G. Nanoscale and customary non-esterified sitosterols are equally enriched in different body compartments of the guinea pig. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2007;51:1503-9 pubmed..No differences in body compartment accumulation and intestinal absorption of the different sitosterol particle sizes were observed. ..
- Fang H, Liu A, Dirsch O, Sun J, Jin H, Lu M, et al. Serum LBP levels reflect the impaired synthetic capacity of the remnant liver after partial hepatectomy in rats. J Immunol Methods. 2012;382:68-75 pubmed publisher..Our results speak against using LBP as diagnostic marker of the acute phase response after liver resection as its elevation is related to the size and thereby the synthetic capacity of the small remnant liver. ..
- Bruns T, Peter J, Hagel S, Herrmann A, Stallmach A. The augmented neutrophil respiratory burst in response to Escherichia coli is reduced in liver cirrhosis during infection. Clin Exp Immunol. 2011;164:346-56 pubmed publisher..Augmented ROS release in response to E. coli is accompanied by elevated markers of oxidative damage and becomes exhausted in the presence of infection. ..
- Liu A, Fang H, Dirsch O, Jin H, Dahmen U. Early release of macrophage migration inhibitory factor after liver ischemia and reperfusion injury in rats. Cytokine. 2012;57:150-7 pubmed publisher..Blocking experiments will help to elucidate its role as potential molecular target for preventing hepatic I/R injury. ..
- Lupp A, Karge E, Deufel T, Oelschlägers H, Fleck C. Ciprofibrate, clofibric acid and respective glycinate derivatives. Effects of a four-week treatment on male lean and obese Zucker rats. Arzneimittelforschung. 2008;58:225-41 pubmed publisher..Thus, the present investigations revealed no noticeable advantages of the glycinates over ciprofibrate or clofibric acid. ..
- Linde B, Oelzner P, Katenkamp K, Hein G, Wolf G. [Fulminate liver failure in a 39-year-old female patient with leukocytosis, unclear fever, and arthralgic pain]. Med Klin (Munich). 2007;102:846-51 pubmed..Fulminate liver insufficiency can have many causes and is a challenge for differential diagnosis...
- Lupp A, Danz M, Muller D. Morphology and cytochrome P450 isoforms expression in precision-cut rat liver slices. Toxicology. 2001;161:53-66 pubmed..These results show, that an in vitro induction of phase I enzymes in precision-cut liver slices can be demonstrated also immunohistochemically. ..
- Sellmann C, Degen C, Jin C, Nier A, Engstler A, Hasan Alkhatib D, et al. Oral arginine supplementation protects female mice from the onset of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis. Amino Acids. 2017;49:1215-1225 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Arg supplementation may protect mice from the development of NASH. ..
- Kan C, Liu A, Fang H, Dirsch O, Dahmen U, Boettcher M. Induction of autophagy reduces ischemia/reperfusion injury in steatotic rat livers. J Surg Res. 2017;216:207-218 pubmed publisher..Simultaneous modulation of GSK3b and ERK1/2 pathways might be an interesting strategy to reduce IRI in steatotic livers with an impairment of autophagy. ..
- Recknagel P, Gonnert F, Halilbasic E, Gajda M, Jbeily N, Lupp A, et al. Mechanisms and functional consequences of liver failure substantially differ between endotoxaemia and faecal peritonitis in rats. Liver Int. 2013;33:283-93 pubmed publisher..This questions the central role of cytokines and the ensuing oxidative stress as key molecular events in mediating liver dysfunction. ..
- Jahreis G, Wohlgemuth S, Grünz G, Martin L, Knieling M, Engel R, et al. Dietary crystalline common-, micro-, nanoscale and emulsified nanoscale sitosterol reduce equally the cholesterol pool in guinea pigs, but varying nanosystems result in different sterol concentrations in serosal jejunum. Nanomedicine. 2013;9:1027-35 pubmed publisher
- Jegatheesan P, Beutheu S, Ventura G, Sarfati G, Nubret E, Kapel N, et al. Effect of specific amino acids on hepatic lipid metabolism in fructose-induced non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Clin Nutr. 2016;35:175-82 pubmed publisher..While nitrogen supply alone can attenuate fructose-induced non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, Citrulline appears to act directly on hepatic lipid metabolism by partially preventing hypertriglyceridemia and steatosis. ..
- Gröger M, Rennert K, Giszas B, Weiß E, Dinger J, Funke H, et al. Monocyte-induced recovery of inflammation-associated hepatocellular dysfunction in a biochip-based human liver model. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21868 pubmed publisher..We therefore conclude that this human liver organoid model is a valuable tool to investigate sepsis-related liver dysfunction and subsequent immune cell-related tissue repair/remodeling processes. ..
- König J, Besoke F, Stuetz W, Malarski A, Jahreis G, Grune T, et al. Quantification of age-related changes of ?-tocopherol in lysosomal membranes in murine tissues and human fibroblasts. Biofactors. 2016;42:307-15 pubmed publisher..Furthermore saturation and intracellular distribution of ?-Toc seem to be strongly dependent on the availability of this vitamin as well as on the presence of the lysosomal protein NPC1. © 2016 BioFactors, 42(3):307-315, 2016. ..
- Dahlke K, Wrann C, Sommerfeld O, Sossdorf M, Recknagel P, Sachse S, et al. Distinct different contributions of the alternative and classical complement activation pathway for the innate host response during sepsis. J Immunol. 2011;186:3066-75 pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence for the new concept that the alternative complement activation pathway exerts a distinctly different contribution to the innate host response during sepsis when compared with the classical pathway. ..
- Carvajal B, Methner U, Pieper J, Berndt A. Effects of Salmonella enterica serovar Enteritidis on cellular recruitment and cytokine gene expression in caecum of vaccinated chickens. Vaccine. 2008;26:5423-33 pubmed publisher..Enteritidis 147N infection in caecum. The results demonstrated a distinctive immune reaction pattern of previously vaccinated compared to non-vaccinated chickens upon S. Enteritidis wild-type challenge. ..
- Fleck C, Schultz M, Seidel D, Braunlich H. Relation between renal and hepatic excretion of drugs: X. Excretion of nalorphine in young and adult rats pretreated with hormones or xenobiotics. Exp Pathol. 1988;34:171-80 pubmed
- Lupp A, Kuhn U, Herwig R, Karge E, Rost M, Scheele J, et al. Cyclosporine A and tacrolimus: in vitro investigations on the differential interactions with the cytochrome P450 system in rat and human liver. Exp Toxicol Pathol. 2003;54:467-73 pubmed
- Rothkopf C, Fahr A, Fricker G, Scherphof G, Kamps J. Uptake of phosphatidylserine-containing liposomes by liver sinusoidal endothelial cells in the serum-free perfused rat liver. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1668:10-6 pubmed..The present results emphasize that the high in vitro endothelial cell uptake in the absence of serum from earlier observations was not an artifact induced by the cell isolation procedure. ..
- Claus R, Bunck A, Bockmeyer C, Brunkhorst F, Lösche W, Kinscherf R, et al. Role of increased sphingomyelinase activity in apoptosis and organ failure of patients with severe sepsis. FASEB J. 2005;19:1719-21 pubmed..An inhibition of the secreted isoform of sphingomyelinase should be explored further as a potential target in the complicated puzzle of sepsis. ..
- Fleck C, Thong N, Braunlich H. Relation between renal and hepatic excretion of drugs: IX. Acceleration of phenol red excretion via kidney and liver in rats of different ages by dexamethasone treatment. Exp Pathol. 1988;34:161-9 pubmed..This is in contrast to the in vivo findings. Possible reasons are discussed. ..
- Liu A, Dirsch O, Fang H, Dong W, Jin H, Huang H, et al. HMGB1 translocation and expression is caused by warm ischemia reperfusion injury, but not by partial hepatectomy in rats. Exp Mol Pathol. 2011;91:502-8 pubmed publisher..Expression of hepatic TNF-? follows the kinetic pattern of HMGB1, pointing to a muss less pronounced inflammatory response after successful PH compared to warm I/R injury. ..
- Lupp A, Danz M, Muller D, Klinger W. Expression and inducibility of cytochrome P450 isoforms in 1-year-old intrasplenic liver cell transplants in rats. Transpl Int. 2002;15:96-107 pubmed..They have differentiated into adult hepatocytes and even 1 year after transplantation express different P450 isoforms which are inducible by BNF, PB and DEX, corresponding to normal adult liver. ..
- Kondylis V, Polykratis A, Ehlken H, Ochoa Callejero L, Straub B, Krishna Subramanian S, et al. NEMO Prevents Steatohepatitis and Hepatocellular Carcinoma by Inhibiting RIPK1 Kinase Activity-Mediated Hepatocyte Apoptosis. Cancer Cell. 2015;28:582-598 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results show that NEMO prevents hepatocarcinogenesis by inhibiting RIPK1 kinase activity-driven hepatocyte apoptosis through NF-ÎºB-dependent and -independent functions. ..
- Schleicher J, Guthke R, Dahmen U, Dirsch O, Holzhuetter H, Schuster S. A theoretical study of lipid accumulation in the liver-implications for nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1841:62-9 pubmed publisher..The reversibility corresponds to the observation that caloric restriction can reduce the lipid content in the liver. ..
- Bauer M, Press A, Trauner M. The liver in sepsis: patterns of response and injury. Curr Opin Crit Care. 2013;19:123-7 pubmed publisher..Mechanisms controlling this orchestrated response include release of cytokines that induce acute-phase proteins, while other 'house-keeping' genes are downregulated...
- Fang H, Liu A, Sun J, Kitz A, Dirsch O, Dahmen U. Granulocyte colony stimulating factor induces lipopolysaccharide (LPS) sensitization via upregulation of LPS binding protein in rat. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56654 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, G-CSF induced LBP expression could serve as a new model for investigation of LPS sensitization. We demonstrated the crucial role of LBP upregulation in pathogenesis of LPS induced SIRS. ..
- Recknagel P, Gonnert F, Westermann M, Lambeck S, Lupp A, Rudiger A, et al. Liver dysfunction and phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase signalling in early sepsis: experimental studies in rodent models of peritonitis. PLoS Med. 2012;9:e1001338 pubmed publisher..Further clinical work is necessary to extend these concepts into clinical practice. Please see later in the article for the Editors' Summary. ..
- Hellwage J, Eberle F, Babuke T, Seeberger H, Richter H, Kunert A, et al. Two factor H-related proteins from the mouse: expression analysis and functional characterization. Immunogenetics. 2006;58:883-93 pubmed..Using mouse plasma, the native presumptive FHR proteins were also analyzed in binding assays. In summary, we identify two FHR proteins in mice and for the first time characterize a murine FHR as a heparin- and C3b-binding protein. ..
- Appenroth D, Werner T, Lupp A, Patzer L, Misselwitz J, Fleck C. Efforts to establish an animal model of Fanconi syndrome after ifosfamide administration to rats. J Appl Toxicol. 2007;27:327-36 pubmed..Altogether, it was not possible to establish a model of a Fanconi syndrome persisting after cessation of IFO treatment in our rat strain, whereas acute, FS-like IFO effects on the kidney could be shown...
- Trajkovic M, Visser T, Mittag J, Horn S, Lukas J, Darras V, et al. Abnormal thyroid hormone metabolism in mice lacking the monocarboxylate transporter 8. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:627-35 pubmed..In conclusion, the circulating thyroid hormone levels of MCT8-null mice closely resemble those of humans with MCT8 mutations, yet in the mice, CNS development is only partially affected. ..
- Lupp A, Appenroth D, Fang L, Decker M, Lehmann J, Fleck C. Tacrine-NO donor and tacrine-ferulic acid hybrid molecules as new anti-Alzheimer agents: hepatotoxicity and influence on the cytochrome P450 system in comparison to tacrine. Arzneimittelforschung. 2010;60:229-37 pubmed..Thus, since it displays much less hepatotoxicity and interaction potential at the CYP system than tacrine and the other hybrids, FL16 is a good candidate for further investigations. ..