Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Lübeck, Schleswig Holstein, Germany
Locale: Lübeck, Schleswig Holstein, Germany
Publications178 found, 100 shown here
- Schmudde I, Ströver H, Vollbrandt T, Konig P, Karsten C, Laumonnier Y, et al. C5a receptor signalling in dendritic cells controls the development of maladaptive Th2 and Th17 immunity in experimental allergic asthma. Mucosal Immunol. 2013;6:807-25 pubmed publisher..Together, we uncover novel roles for C5aR in Th17 differentiation, T-cell survival, and differentiation of a DC-suppressor population controlling Th2 immunity in experimental allergic asthma. ..
- Ortmann O, Weiss J, Diedrich K. Embryo implantation and GnRH antagonists: ovarian actions of GnRH antagonists. Hum Reprod. 2001;16:608-11 pubmed..In our view, it is unlikely that GnRH antagonists have a relevant impact on ovarian steroidogenesis and function; however, GnRH antagonists may exert other effects on the ovary. ..
- Shibata J, Hasegawa J, Siemens H, Wolber E, Dibbelt L, Li D, et al. Hemostasis and coagulation at a hematocrit level of 0.85: functional consequences of erythrocytosis. Blood. 2003;101:4416-22 pubmed
- Doehn C, Böhmer T, Kausch I, Sommerauer M, Jocham D. Prostate cancer vaccines: current status and future potential. BioDrugs. 2008;22:71-84 pubmed
- Groneberg D, Lies B, Konig P, Jäger R, Seidler B, Klein S, et al. Cell-specific deletion of nitric oxide-sensitive guanylyl cyclase reveals a dual pathway for nitrergic neuromuscular transmission in the murine fundus. Gastroenterology. 2013;145:188-196 pubmed publisher..In mice, NO-GC is the only NO receptor to relax the fundus; deletion of NO-GC from the combination of SMCs and ICCs blocks nitrergic signaling. Therefore, ICCs and SMCs jointly mediate the relaxant effect of enteric NO. ..
- Fundele R, Winking H, Jägerbauer E. Influence of mouse trisomy 16 on expression of specific genes. Dev Genet. 1987;8:35-43 pubmed..Synthesis of liver-specific aldolase was, however, delayed in trisomy 16 fetuses. ..
- Raasch W, Jungbluth B, Schäfer U, Häuser W, Dominiak P. Modification of noradrenaline release in pithed spontaneously hypertensive rats by I1-binding sites in addition to alpha2-adrenoceptors. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2003;304:1063-71 pubmed..The exact location of the I(1)-binding sites on the pre- or postsynaptic sympathetic neurons is unknown, but the location in the pre- or postsynaptic membrane of the sympathetic ganglion is the most plausible explanation. ..
- Wilcke I, Lohmeyer J, Liu S, Condurache A, Kruger S, Mailander P, et al. VEGF(165) and bFGF protein-based therapy in a slow release system to improve angiogenesis in a bioartificial dermal substitute in vitro and in vivo. Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2007;392:305-14 pubmed..Fibrin and collagen can release growth factors in vivo and induce significant and faster neovascularisation in bioartificial dermal templates. ..
- Isken O, Langerwisch U, Schönherr R, Lamp B, Schröder K, Duden R, et al. Functional characterization of bovine viral diarrhea virus nonstructural protein 5A by reverse genetic analysis and live cell imaging. J Virol. 2014;88:82-98 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we established the first pestiviral replicon expressing fluorescent NS5A-mCherry to directly visualize functional viral replication complexes by live cell imaging. ..
- Jahnke P, Xu W, Wülling M, Albrecht M, Gabriel H, Gillessen Kaesbach G, et al. The Cohesin loading factor NIPBL recruits histone deacetylases to mediate local chromatin modifications. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008;36:6450-8 pubmed publisher..Our data are the first to indicate a molecular and functional connection of NIPBL with chromatin-remodeling processes via the direct interaction with histone deacetylases. ..
- Zuhlke C, Kiehl R, Johannsmeyer A, Grzeschik K, Schwinger E. Isolation and characterization of novel CAG repeat containing genes expressed in human brain. DNA Seq. 1999;10:1-6 pubmed..One of the repeats is bi-allelic with 10 triplets (80% of chromosomes) and 7 triplets (20% of chromosomes). In one of the genes two CAG repeats coding for 10 and 17 glutamines are localized in the same reading frame. ..
- Sitaru C. Experimental models of epidermolysis bullosa acquisita. Exp Dermatol. 2007;16:520-31 pubmed..The new mechanistic insights gained from investigating EBA pathogenesis will facilitate the design of immunomodulatory interventions for this and other pathogenetically related organ-specific, antibody-dependent autoimmune diseases. ..
- Haller R, Schwanbeck R, Martini S, Bernoth K, Kramer J, Just U, et al. Notch1 signaling regulates chondrogenic lineage determination through Sox9 activation. Cell Death Differ. 2012;19:461-9 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that Notch1 signaling has an important role during early stages of chondrogenic lineage determination by regulation of Sox9 expression. ..
- Miura Y, Huettmann G, Orzekowsky Schroeder R, Steven P, Szaszak M, Koop N, et al. Two-photon microscopy and fluorescence lifetime imaging of retinal pigment epithelial cells under oxidative stress. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013;54:3366-77 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to investigate the autofluorescence (AF) of the RPE with two-photon microscopy (TPM) and fluorescence lifetime imaging (FLIM) under normal and oxidative stress conditions...
- Fuchs M, Ivandic B, Muller O, Schalla C, Scheibner J, Bartsch P, et al. Biliary cholesterol hypersecretion in gallstone-susceptible mice is associated with hepatic up-regulation of the high-density lipoprotein receptor SRBI. Hepatology. 2001;33:1451-9 pubmed..These data suggest a role of the reverse cholesterol transport pathway for genetically determined gallstone susceptibility in the mouse. ..
- Schafer T. The impact of allergy on atopic eczema from data from epidemiological studies. Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol. 2008;8:418-22 pubmed publisher..Sensitization to house dust mites, however, seems to be clinically relevant. The impact of food allergy on atopic eczema is difficult to assess on the basis of epidemiological studies and more detailed studies are needed. ..
- Blietz C, Thode B, Hauses M, Pries R, Meyer A, Doehn C, et al. In vivo studies on the availability and toxicity of antisense oligonucleotides in bladder cancer. In Vivo. 2009;23:13-9 pubmed..These data are the basis of a first clinical phase I study with intravesical instillation of Ki-67 antisense oligonucleotides. ..
- Schrader S, Kremling C, Klinger M, Laqua H, Geerling G. Cultivation of lacrimal gland acinar cells in a microgravity environment. Br J Ophthalmol. 2009;93:1121-5 pubmed publisher..The aim of the study was to evaluate the growth pattern and the secretory function of rabbit lacrimal gland acinar cells in a microgravity environment using an RCCS...
- Tasew G, Gadisa E, Abera A, Zewude A, Chanyalew M, Aseffa A, et al. In vitro permissiveness of bovine neutrophils and monocyte derived macrophages to Leishmania donovani of Ethiopian isolate. Parasit Vectors. 2016;9:218 pubmed publisher..donovani, which transformed to amastigote forms in the cells. The in vitro infection of bovine PMN and MDM by L. donovani further strengthens the possibility that cattle might serve as source of L. donovani infection for humans. ..
- Jöhren O, Neidert S, Kummer M, Dominiak P. Sexually dimorphic expression of prepro-orexin mRNA in the rat hypothalamus. Peptides. 2002;23:1177-80 pubmed..We found significantly higher levels of PPO mRNA in the hypothalamus of female rats compared to male rats. Our study indicates a sex-dependent regulation of hypothalamic PPO expression and suggests gender-specific functions of orexins. ..
- Bieber K, Sun S, Ishii N, Kasperkiewicz M, Schmidt E, Hirose M, et al. Animal models for autoimmune bullous dermatoses. Exp Dermatol. 2010;19:2-11 pubmed publisher..We here review established and novel animal models of autoimmune skin blistering diseases and discuss their applications and limitations. ..
- Laumonnier Y, Karsten C, Köhl J. Novel insights into the expression pattern of anaphylatoxin receptors in mice and men. Mol Immunol. 2017;89:44-58 pubmed publisher..Here, we will provide an update about our current knowledge of AT receptor expression pattern in humans and mice. ..
- Rudolf M, Ivandic B, Winkler J, Schmidt Erfurth U. [Accumulation of lipid particles in Bruch's membrane of LDL receptor knockout mice as a model of age-related macular degeneration]. Ophthalmologe. 2004;101:715-9 pubmed..Atherosclerosis is a suspected risk factor for the development of neovascular age-related macular degeneration (AMD)...
- Kasperkiewicz M, Muller R, Manz R, Magens M, Hammers C, Somlai C, et al. Heat-shock protein 90 inhibition in autoimmunity to type VII collagen: evidence that nonmalignant plasma cells are not therapeutic targets. Blood. 2011;117:6135-42 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Hsp90 blockade has no impact on normal or autoreactive plasma cells in vivo and indentify T cells as targets of anti-Hsp90 treatment in autoimmunity to type VII collagen...
- Xiao Y, Ma Q, Restle T, Shang W, Svergun D, Ponnusamy R, et al. Nonstructural proteins 7 and 8 of feline coronavirus form a 2:1 heterotrimer that exhibits primer-independent RNA polymerase activity. J Virol. 2012;86:4444-54 pubmed publisher..Further, the FCoV Nsp7:Nsp8 complex functions as a noncanonical RNA polymerase capable of synthesizing RNA of up to template length. ..
- Heppe E, Tofern S, Schulze F, Ishiko A, Shimizu A, Sina C, et al. Experimental Laminin 332 Mucous Membrane Pemphigoid Critically Involves C5aR1 and Reflects Clinical and Immunopathological Characteristics of the Human Disease. J Invest Dermatol. 2017;137:1709-1718 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, it may be of use to explore the effect of urgently needed more specific anti-inflammatory mediators on mucosal and skin lesions in autoantibody-mediated diseases. ..
- Miesel A, Müller H, Thermann M, Heidbreder M, Dominiak P, Raasch W. Overfeeding-induced obesity in spontaneously hypertensive rats: an animal model of the human metabolic syndrome. Ann Nutr Metab. 2010;56:127-42 pubmed publisher..CD-fed SHR feature leptin and insulin resistance, hypertension and obesity, thus mimicking the situation of MS patients. As such, our model is more suitable than the genetically modified rat models used to study human MS. ..
- Sowa A, Kaiser F, Eckhold J, Kessler T, Aherrahrou R, Wrobel S, et al. Functional interaction of osteogenic transcription factors Runx2 and Vdr in transcriptional regulation of Opn during soft tissue calcification. Am J Pathol. 2013;183:60-8 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest a key role of Runx2 in the regulation of Opn in a model of cardiovascular calcification and demonstrate a synergistic cooperation of Runx2 and Vdr...
- Ludwig R, Recke A, Bieber K, Müller S, Marques A, Banczyk D, et al. Generation of antibodies of distinct subclasses and specificity is linked to H2s in an active mouse model of epidermolysis bullosa acquisita. J Invest Dermatol. 2011;131:167-76 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our data are the basis for future studies with the goal of identifying non-MHC EBA susceptibility genes. ..
- Majoul I, Gao L, Betzig E, Onichtchouk D, Butkevich E, Kozlov Y, et al. Fast structural responses of gap junction membrane domains to AB5 toxins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:E4125-33 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate very fast dynamics (in the millisecond-to-second range) within GJ plaques, which previously were considered to be relatively stable, long-lived structures. ..
- Tiedemann K, Sasaki T, Gustafsson E, Göhring W, Batge B, Notbohm H, et al. Microfibrils at basement membrane zones interact with perlecan via fibrillin-1. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:11404-12 pubmed..The data presented indicate a functional significance for perlecan in anchoring microfibrils to basement membranes and in the biogenesis of microfibrils...
- Sommer N, Junne T, Kalies K, Spiess M, Hartmann E. TRAP assists membrane protein topogenesis at the mammalian ER membrane. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1833:3104-3111 pubmed publisher..The results suggest a role of the TRAP complex in moderating the 'positive-inside' rule. ..
- Burgdorf C, Schäfer U, Richardt G, Kurz T. U73122, an aminosteroid phospholipase C inhibitor, is a potent inhibitor of cardiac phospholipase D by a PIP2-dependent mechanism. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2010;55:555-9 pubmed publisher..Hence, studies using U73122 as a specific inhibitor of PLC have to take into account that PLD may be involved in some of the effects ascribed to PLC. ..
- Klein C, Krainc D, Schlossmacher M, Lang A. Translational research in neurology and neuroscience 2011: movement disorders. Arch Neurol. 2011;68:709-16 pubmed publisher..Aetiology and pathogenesis, biomarker directions, and causal treatment opportunities are discussed for each disease, followed by a brief discussion drawing attention to important translational initiatives. ..
- Ridder D, Lang M, Salinin S, Röderer J, Struss M, Maser Gluth C, et al. TAK1 in brain endothelial cells mediates fever and lethargy. J Exp Med. 2011;208:2615-23 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we demonstrate that TAK1 in brain endothelial cells induces COX-2, most likely by activating p38 MAPK and c-Jun, and is necessary for fever and sickness behavior. ..
- Helmchen C, Rambold H. The eyelid and its contribution to eye movements. Dev Ophthalmol. 2007;40:110-31 pubmed..g., botulinum toxin injections. Rapid lid closure (blink), which exerts substantial neural influence on oculomotor systems without obscuring vision, can be used for the diagnosis of brainstem disease. ..
- Gupta Y, MÃ¶ller S, Witte M, Belheouane M, Sezin T, Hirose M, et al. Dissecting genetics of cutaneous miRNA in a mouse model of an autoimmune blistering disease. BMC Genomics. 2016;17:112 pubmed publisher..Specifically, we provide evidence that miRNA such as miR-223 and miR-379 may play critical role in disease progression and severity. ..
- Tang A, Choi J, Kotzin J, Yang Y, Hong C, Hobson N, et al. Endothelial TLR4 and the microbiome drive cerebral cavernous malformations. Nature. 2017;545:305-310 pubmed publisher..These studies identify unexpected roles for the microbiome and innate immune signalling in the pathogenesis of a cerebrovascular disease, as well as strategies for its treatment. ..
- Merz H, Lange K, Nadrowitz R, Uckert W, Blankenstein T, Feller A. [Overexpression of NPM-ALK induces different types of malignant lymphomas in IL-9 transgenic mice]. Verh Dtsch Ges Pathol. 2003;87:224-31 pubmed..Many animals developed plasmacytic/plasmoblastic neoplasms, of which the most aggressive tumours share many features with human anaplastic/plasmoblastic diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. ..
- Radke P, Joner M, Joost A, Byrne R, Hartwig S, Bayer G, et al. Vascular effects of paclitaxel following drug-eluting balloon angioplasty in a porcine coronary model: the importance of excipients. EuroIntervention. 2011;7:730-7 pubmed publisher..The potential of DEBs to diminish restenosis following angioplasty may be insufficient in the absence of additional stents. ..
- Meier T, Luepschen H, Karsten J, Leibecke T, Grossherr M, Gehring H, et al. Assessment of regional lung recruitment and derecruitment during a PEEP trial based on electrical impedance tomography. Intensive Care Med. 2008;34:543-50 pubmed..EIT is suitable for monitoring the dynamic effects of PEEP variations on the regional change of tidal volume. It is superior to global ventilation parameters in assessing the beginning of alveolar recruitment and lung collapse. ..
- Bertolini M, Meyer K, Slominski R, Kobayashi K, Ludwig R, Paus R. The immune system of mouse vibrissae follicles: cellular composition and indications of immune privilege. Exp Dermatol. 2013;22:593-8 pubmed publisher..This facilitates utilizing murine VHF as a versatile organ culture model for general immunology and immune privilege research in situ. ..
- Fischer T, Slominski A, Zmijewski M, Reiter R, Paus R. Melatonin as a major skin protectant: from free radical scavenging to DNA damage repair. Exp Dermatol. 2008;17:713-30 pubmed publisher..After listing a number of key open questions, we conclude by defining particularly important, clinically relevant perspectives for how melatonin may become therapeutically exploitable in cutaneous medicine. ..
- Leichtle A, Hernandez M, Lee J, Pak K, WEBSTER N, Wollenberg B, et al. The role of DNA sensing and innate immune receptor TLR9 in otitis media. Innate Immun. 2012;18:3-13 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that DNA sensing via TLR9 plays a role in OM pathogenesis and recovery. Alternative forms of DNA sensing may also contribute to OM...
- Dalski A, Hebinck A, Winking H, Butzmann U, Schwinger E, Zühlke C. Complete cDNA sequence, expression, alternative splicing, and genomic organization of the mouse Nfat5 gene. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2002;97:179-82 pubmed..In the present paper we describe for the first time the complete sequence and primary structure of murine Nfat5, two new spliced isoforms, and the expression of murine Nfat5 in embryonic and adult mouse tissues. ..
- Rodenwaldt B, Pohl U, de Wit C. Endogenous and exogenous NO attenuates conduction of vasoconstrictions along arterioles in the microcirculation. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2007;292:H2341-8 pubmed..This mechanism may support the dilatory potency of NO by preventing the conduction of remote vasoconstrictions into areas with basal or activated NO release. ..
- Klinger A, Gebert A, Bieber K, Kalies K, Ager A, Bell E, et al. Cyclical expression of L-selectin (CD62L) by recirculating T cells. Int Immunol. 2009;21:443-55 pubmed publisher..Thus, the ability of secondary lymphoid organs to reduce L-selectin expression of T cells prior to activation might be a prerequisite for their characteristic property to induce primary immune responses. ..
- Wiese A, Ender F, Quell K, Antoniou K, Vollbrandt T, Konig P, et al. The C5a/C5aR1 axis controls the development of experimental allergic asthma independent of LysM-expressing pulmonary immune cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184956 pubmed publisher..However, C5aR1 activation of LysM-expressing cells plays a surprisingly minor role in the recruitment and activation of such cells and the development of the allergic phenotype in OVA-driven experimental allergic asthma. ..
- de Wit C. Different pathways with distinct properties conduct dilations in the microcirculation in vivo. Cardiovasc Res. 2010;85:604-13 pubmed publisher..However, in arterioles nearly devoid of Cx40 and Cx37, ACh responses can likewise be conducted along the smooth muscle. ..
- Moser K, Kalies K, Szyska M, Humrich J, Amann K, Manz R. CXCR3 promotes the production of IgG1 autoantibodies but is not essential for the development of lupus nephritis in NZB/NZW mice. Arthritis Rheum. 2012;64:1237-46 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that CXCR3-dependent and -independent mechanisms can mediate lupus nephritis. Hence, therapeutic CXCR3 blockade could be beneficial for only a subgroup of patients with SLE. ..
- Most P, Bernotat J, Ehlermann P, Pleger S, Reppel M, Borries M, et al. S100A1: a regulator of myocardial contractility. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:13889-94 pubmed..S100A1 thus improves cardiac contractile performance both by regulating SR Ca(2+) handling and myofibrillar Ca(2+) responsiveness. ..
- Kalies K, Stokes V, Hartmann E. A single Sec61-complex functions as a protein-conducting channel. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1783:2375-83 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data suggest that the active protein-conducting channel in the ER is formed by a single Sec61-complex. ..
- Aherrahrou R, Aherrahrou Z, Schunkert H, Erdmann J. Coronary artery disease associated gene Phactr1 modulates severity of vascular calcification in vitro. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:396-402 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we demonstrated that PHACTR1 gene expression increases with the progression of calcification and that regulation of PHACTR1 in SMCs modulates the severity of vascular calcification. ..
- Chiriac M, Roesler J, Sindrilaru A, Scharffetter Kochanek K, Zillikens D, Sitaru C. NADPH oxidase is required for neutrophil-dependent autoantibody-induced tissue damage. J Pathol. 2007;212:56-65 pubmed..Our findings identify granulocyte-derived NADPH oxidase as a key molecular effector engaged by pathogenic autoantibodies and provide relevant targets for prevention of tissue damage in granulocyte-mediated autoimmune diseases. ..
- Sugawara K, Schneider M, Dahlhoff M, Kloepper J, Paus R. Cutaneous consequences of inhibiting EGF receptor signaling in vivo: normal hair follicle development, but retarded hair cycle induction and inhibition of adipocyte growth in Egfr(Wa5) mice. J Dermatol Sci. 2010;57:155-61 pubmed publisher..Our unexpected findings of transiently reduced subcutaneous adipose tissue indicate a role for the EGFR in regulating subcutaneous fat. ..
- Kalies K, Allan S, Sergeyenko T, Kroger H, Römisch K. The protein translocation channel binds proteasomes to the endoplasmic reticulum membrane. EMBO J. 2005;24:2284-93 pubmed..Collectively, our data suggest that the Sec61 channel is a principal proteasome receptor in the ER membrane. ..
- Nassar K, Lüke J, Lüke M, Kamal M, Abd El Nabi E, Soliman M, et al. The novel use of decorin in prevention of the development of proliferative vitreoretinopathy (PVR). Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2011;249:1649-60 pubmed publisher..In conjunction with no obvious histopathological toxicity signs, decorin represents a promising substance to inhibit PVR reactions. ..
- Inostroza M, Binder S, Born J. Sleep-dependency of episodic-like memory consolidation in rats. Behav Brain Res. 2013;237:15-22 pubmed publisher..e., the binding of an event into spatio-temporal context as well as the spatio-temporal context itself. Sleep is particularly effective when it occurs shortly after encoding. ..
- Dore R, Levata L, Gachkar S, Jöhren O, Mittag J, Lehnert H, et al. The thermogenic effect of nesfatin-1 requires recruitment of the melanocortin system. J Endocrinol. 2017;235:111-122 pubmed publisher..Overall, we clearly demonstrate that nesfatin-1 requires the activation of the central melanocortin system to increase iBAT thermogenesis and, in turn, overall energy expenditure. ..
- Lienau F, Füllgraf H, Moser A, Feuerstein T. Why do cannabinoids not show consistent effects as analgetic drugs in multiple sclerosis?. Eur J Neurol. 2007;14:1162-9 pubmed..Future studies are needed to examine specific effects on distinct symptoms in homogenous groups of patients. ..
- Fell S, Li S, Wallis K, Kock A, Surova O, Rraklli V, et al. Neuroblast differentiation during development and in neuroblastoma requires KIF1B?-mediated transport of TRKA. Genes Dev. 2017;31:1036-1053 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, neuropathy-associated KIF1B? mutations impede cargo transport, providing a direct link between neuroblastomas and neurodegeneration. ..
- Sitaru C, Chiriac M, Mihai S, Büning J, Gebert A, Ishiko A, et al. Induction of complement-fixing autoantibodies against type VII collagen results in subepidermal blistering in mice. J Immunol. 2006;177:3461-8 pubmed..This robust experimental system should greatly facilitate further studies on the pathogenesis of EBA and the development of novel immunomodulatory therapies for this and other autoimmune diseases. ..
- Sesarman A, Sitaru A, Olaru F, Zillikens D, Sitaru C. Neonatal Fc receptor deficiency protects from tissue injury in experimental epidermolysis bullosa acquisita. J Mol Med (Berl). 2008;86:951-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, modulation of FcRn function using inhibitors may reduce pathogenic IgG levels, offering therapeutic benefit in patients with antibody-mediated diseases. ..
- Rakers S, Gebert M, Uppalapati S, Meyer W, Maderson P, Sell A, et al. 'Fish matters': the relevance of fish skin biology to investigative dermatology. Exp Dermatol. 2010;19:313-24 pubmed publisher..We synthesize the essentials of fish skin biology and highlight selected aspects that are of particular comparative interest to basic and clinically applied human skin research. ..
- Richardt D, Karluss A, Schmidtke C, Sievers H, Scharfschwerdt M. A new sinus prosthesis for aortic valve-sparing surgery maintaining the shape of the root at systemic pressure. Ann Thorac Surg. 2010;89:943-6 pubmed publisher..The noncompliant material induces abnormal leaflet bending during systole, but leaflets do not collide with the wall of prosthesis. ..
- Boettcher M, de Wit C. Distinct endothelium-derived hyperpolarizing factors emerge in vitro and in vivo and are mediated in part via connexin 40-dependent myoendothelial coupling. Hypertension. 2011;57:802-8 pubmed publisher..We suggest that distinct EDHFs (even in the same artery) explain partially the controversy on the role of myoendothelial gap junctions in EDHF signaling. ..
- Jöhren O, Dendorfer A, Dominiak P, Raasch W. Gene expression of mineralocorticoid and glucocorticoid receptors in the limbic system is related to type-2 like diabetes in leptin-resistant rats. Brain Res. 2007;1184:160-7 pubmed..This dysregulation of the HPA axis may eventually lead, in combination with leptin resistance, to the development of diabetes in ZDF rats. ..
- Schürmann M. Angiotensin-converting enzyme gene polymorphisms in patients with pulmonary sarcoidosis: impact on disease severity. Am J Pharmacogenomics. 2003;3:233-43 pubmed..At present, a more accurate interpretation of sACE levels in diagnosis and monitoring of sarcoidosis seems to be the main value of ACE I/D genotyping. ..
- Petersen F, Yue X, Riemekasten G, Yu X. Dysregulated homeostasis of target tissues or autoantigens - A novel principle in autoimmunity. Autoimmun Rev. 2017;16:602-611 pubmed publisher..In this review we refer to both aspects of homeostasis in autoimmunity with a highlight on the role of the homeostasis of target tissues and autoantigens. ..
- Kagerer S, Johren O. Interactions of orexins/hypocretins with adrenocortical functions. Acta Physiol (Oxf). 2010;198:361-71 pubmed publisher..Both, G(q) and G(s), signalling pathways with a downstream activation of MAP kinases appear to be involved in this regulation. ..
- Müller Fielitz H, Landolt J, Heidbreder M, Werth S, Vogt F, Jöhren O, et al. Improved insulin sensitivity after long-term treatment with AT1 blockers is not associated with PPAR? target gene regulation. Endocrinology. 2012;153:1103-15 pubmed publisher..Because the expression of examined PPAR? target genes was not affected, we concluded that improved insulin sensitivity after long-term treatment with AT(1) blockers was not related to a PPAR?-dependent mechanism. ..
- Ludwig R, Müller S, Marques A, Recke A, Schmidt E, Zillikens D, et al. Identification of quantitative trait loci in experimental epidermolysis bullosa acquisita. J Invest Dermatol. 2012;132:1409-15 pubmed publisher..This more detailed insight into the pathogenesis of EBA may eventually lead to new treatment strategies for EBA and other autoantibody-mediated diseases...
- Karsten C, Wiese A, Mey F, Figge J, Woodruff T, Reuter T, et al. Monitoring C5aR2 Expression Using a Floxed tdTomato-C5aR2 Knock-In Mouse. J Immunol. 2017;199:3234-3248 pubmed publisher..The C5aR2 knock-in mouse will help to reliably track and conditionally delete C5aR2 expression in experimental models of inflammation. ..
- Wagner K, Katschinski D, Hasegawa J, Schumacher D, Meller B, Gembruch U, et al. Chronic inborn erythrocytosis leads to cardiac dysfunction and premature death in mice overexpressing erythropoietin. Blood. 2001;97:536-42 pubmed..In addition, life expectancy of the tg mice was significantly reduced to 7.4 months. Our findings suggest that severe erythrocytosis per se results in cardiac dysfunction and markedly reduced life span. ..
- Zanoni P, Khetarpal S, Larach D, Hancock Cerutti W, Millar J, Cuchel M, et al. Rare variant in scavenger receptor BI raises HDL cholesterol and increases risk of coronary heart disease. Science. 2016;351:1166-71 pubmed publisher..P376L carriers have a profound HDL-related phenotype and an increased risk of CHD (odds ratio = 1.79, which is statistically significant). ..
- ..In this Seminar we discuss the clinical range, diagnostic criteria, diagnostic assay systems, and treatment options for this group of diseases. ..
- Eskilsson A, Matsuwaki T, Shionoya K, Mirrasekhian E, Zajdel J, Schwaninger M, et al. Immune-Induced Fever Is Dependent on Local But Not Generalized Prostaglandin E2 Synthesis in the Brain. J Neurosci. 2017;37:5035-5044 pubmed publisher..These data imply that the febrile response is dependent on the local release of PGE2 onto its target neurons, possibly by a paracrine mechanism. ..
- Guldner N, Klapproth P, Grossherr M, Brügge A, Sheikhzadeh A, Tolg R, et al. Biomechanical hearts: muscular blood pumps, performed in a 1-step operation, and trained under support of clenbuterol. Circulation. 2001;104:717-22 pubmed..SMVs without clenbuterol administration failed. Thus, we expected that clenbuterol-supported SMVs might become integrated into the circulation by a 1-step operation instead of the 2-step procedure required up to now...
- Spuck S, Nowak G, Renneberg A, Tronnier V, Sperner J. Right-sided vagus nerve stimulation in humans: an effective therapy?. Epilepsy Res. 2008;82:232-4 pubmed publisher..Placement and adjustment of the device should be performed under ECG control. Further studies are necessary to compare the efficacy of L-VNS and R-VNS. ..
- Quell K, Karsten C, Kordowski A, Almeida L, Briukhovetska D, Wiese A, et al. Monitoring C3aR Expression Using a Floxed tdTomato-C3aR Reporter Knock-in Mouse. J Immunol. 2017;199:688-706 pubmed publisher..In summary, we provide novel insights into the expression pattern of C3aR in mice. The floxed C3aR knock-in mouse will help to reliably track and conditionally delete C3aR expression in experimental models of inflammation. ..
- Kusov Y, Gauss Muller V. Improving proteolytic cleavage at the 3A/3B site of the hepatitis A virus polyprotein impairs processing and particle formation, and the impairment can be complemented in trans by 3AB and 3ABC. J Virol. 1999;73:9867-78 pubmed..Taken together, the data suggest that accumulation of uncleaved HAV 3AB and/or 3ABC is pivotal for both viral replication and efficient particle formation. ..
- Rakers S, Klinger M, Kruse C, Gebert M. Pros and cons of fish skin cells in culture: long-term full skin and short-term scale cell culture from rainbow trout, Oncorhynchus mykiss. Eur J Cell Biol. 2011;90:1041-51 pubmed publisher..This could lead to the development of a three-dimensional test system, which might be a better in vitro representative of fish skin in vivo than individual skin cell lines. ..
- Bargiotas P, Krenz A, Hormuzdi S, Ridder D, Herb A, Barakat W, et al. Pannexins in ischemia-induced neurodegeneration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:20772-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data demonstrate that Px1 and Px2 underlie channel function in neurons and contribute to ischemic brain damage. ..