Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Dresden, Saxony, Germany
Locale: Dresden, Saxony, Germany
Publications512 found, 100 shown here
- Kanczkowski W, Tymoszuk P, Ehrhart Bornstein M, Wirth M, Zacharowski K, Bornstein S. Abrogation of TLR4 and CD14 expression and signaling in human adrenocortical tumors. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010;95:E421-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our data show that reintroduction of TLR4 expression in ACCs may provide a novel therapeutic strategy for adrenal cancer. ..
- Volker U, Jacobi C, Barr Taylor C. Adaptation and evaluation of an Internet-based prevention program for eating disorders in a sample of women with subclinical eating disorder symptoms: a pilot study. Eat Weight Disord. 2011;16:e270-3 pubmed..Pre-post-effect sizes ranged from medium to large. The pilot study showed the feasibility of the adapted online intervention and gave indications for its effectiveness. ..
- Malinovska L, Kroschwald S, Alberti S. Protein disorder, prion propensities, and self-organizing macromolecular collectives. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1834:918-31 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: The emerging dynamic view of proteins: Protein plasticity in allostery, evolution and self-assembly. ..
- Spoerl E, Wollensak G, Reber F, Pillunat L. Cross-linking of human amniotic membrane by glutaraldehyde. Ophthalmic Res. 2004;36:71-7 pubmed..However, in some diseases the transplant usually dissolves rather quickly and early detachment may occur. Therefore, we tried to stabilize the amniotic transplant by applying glutaraldehyde for collagen cross-linking of the membrane...
- Vogelberg C, Mohr B, Fitze G, Friedrich K, Hahn G, Roesner D, et al. Mucoepidermoid carcinoma as an unusual cause for recurrent respiratory infections in a child. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2005;27:162-5 pubmed..Bronchial mucoepidermoid carcinoma is infrequent, and molecular investigations might shed additional light on the prognosis. ..
- Wendel M, Giessmann U, Behrend P, Augstein A, Koslowski R, Haufe D, et al. Inflammatory-activated microvascular endothelial cells regulate interleukin-8 and monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 expression of A549 cells in a paracrine fashion. Exp Lung Res. 2008;34:85-100 pubmed publisher..These data show that the pulmonary microvascular endothelium is able to regulate epithelial cell chemokine expression in a paracrine fashion. ..
- Goettsch C, Rauner M, Hamann C, Sinningen K, Hempel U, Bornstein S, et al. Nuclear factor of activated T cells mediates oxidised LDL-induced calcification of vascular smooth muscle cells. Diabetologia. 2011;54:2690-701 pubmed publisher..Our results identify the NFAT signalling pathway as a novel regulator of oxLDL-induced transdifferentiation of vascular smooth muscle cells towards an osteoblast-like phenotype. ..
- Gunther C, Wozel G, Meurer M, Pfeiffer C. Up-regulation of CCL11 and CCL26 is associated with activated eosinophils in bullous pemphigoid. Clin Exp Immunol. 2011;166:145-53 pubmed publisher..Thereby they broaden the understanding of BP pathogenesis and might indicate new options for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Henkemeier U, Alten R, Bannert B, Baraliakos X, Behrens F, Heldmann F, et al. [Do we still need clinical studies in rheumatology?]. Z Rheumatol. 2016;75:4-10 pubmed publisher..In this article these arguments are discussed and possible solutions and strategies for conducting and compensation of study centers in Germany for clinical trials in the field of rheumatology are provided. ..
- Kamvissi Lorenz V, Raffaelli M, Bornstein S, Mingrone G. Role of the Gut on Glucose Homeostasis: Lesson Learned from Metabolic Surgery. Curr Atheroscler Rep. 2017;19:9 pubmed publisher..Whatever the mechanism, metabolic surgery has the undoubted merit of exposing the central role of the small intestine in insulin sensitivity and glucose homeostasis. ..
- Krex D, Konig I, Ziegler A, Schackert H, Schackert G. Extended single nucleotide polymorphism and haplotype analysis of the elastin gene in Caucasians with intracranial aneurysms provides evidence for racially/ethnically based differences. Cerebrovasc Dis. 2004;18:104-10 pubmed..There might be other genetic variants of the elastin gene associated with IA in Caucasians. ..
- Schaich M, Soucek S, Thiede C, Ehninger G, Illmer T. MDR1 and MRP1 gene expression are independent predictors for treatment outcome in adult acute myeloid leukaemia. Br J Haematol. 2005;128:324-32 pubmed..Our study shows that resistance gene expression should be considered together with age, cytogenetics and FLT3 mutational status for risk-adapted treatment strategies in AML in the future. ..
- Rammelt S, Winkler J, Grass R, Zwipp H. Reconstruction after talar fractures. Foot Ankle Clin. 2006;11:61-84, viii pubmed..Fusions should be limited to the affected joint. If the subtalar joint shows severe arthritic changes, every attempt should be made to salvage the ankle and talonavicular joints...
- Kramer N, Frankenberger R. Compomers in restorative therapy of children: a literature review. Int J Paediatr Dent. 2007;17:2-9 pubmed..If this is not the case, compomers make no sense. Stainless steel crowns are still the most effective from of restoration for severely decayed primary molars. ..
- Yu J, Bippes C, Hand G, Muller D, Sosinsky G. Aminosulfonate modulated pH-induced conformational changes in connexin26 hemichannels. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:8895-904 pubmed..5 degrees rotation in connexon lobes. These observations suggest that the underlying mechanism closing the pore is different from an observed Ca2+-induced closure. ..
- Pöhlmann C, Schetelig J, Reuner U, Bornhauser M, Illmer T, Kiani A, et al. Cidofovir and foscarnet for treatment of human herpesvirus 6 encephalitis in a neutropenic stem cell transplant recipient. Clin Infect Dis. 2007;44:e118-20 pubmed..Cidofovir and foscarnet combination therapy may be beneficial for reducing mortality of (neutropenic) stem cell transplant recipients with human herpesvirus 6 encephalitis...
- Schoen S, Boscheri A, Lange S, Braun M, Fuhrmann J, Kappert U, et al. Incidence of aortic valve regurgitation and outcome after percutaneous closure of atrial septal defects and patent foramen ovale. Heart. 2008;94:844-7 pubmed..AR occurred in 9% of patients with closed ASD and in 10% of patients with closed PFO. Indication for closure should consider this potential complication despite an otherwise safe interventional procedure. ..
- Gerner M, Hölig K, Wehner R, Zhao S, Schakel K, Bachmann M, et al. Extracorporeal photopheresis efficiently impairs the proinflammatory capacity of human 6-sulfo LacNAc dendritic cells. Transplantation. 2009;87:1134-9 pubmed publisher..These novel findings indicate that ECP efficiently impairs the proinflammatory capacity of slanDCs, which may represent an important mechanism for the therapeutic efficiency of ECP in GVHD. ..
- ..Moreover, INM not only has a key role in increasing the VZ progenitor pool, but also may have set the stage for the evolution of subventricular zone progenitors implicated in cortical expansion. ..
- Gilleron J, Querbes W, Zeigerer A, Borodovsky A, Marsico G, Schubert U, et al. Image-based analysis of lipid nanoparticle-mediated siRNA delivery, intracellular trafficking and endosomal escape. Nat Biotechnol. 2013;31:638-46 pubmed publisher..Our results provide insights into LNP-mediated siRNA delivery that can guide development of the next generation of delivery systems for RNAi therapeutics. ..
- Petr J, Platzek I, Seidlitz A, Mutsaerts H, Hofheinz F, Schramm G, et al. Early and late effects of radiochemotherapy on cerebral blood flow in glioblastoma patients measured with non-invasive perfusion MRI. Radiother Oncol. 2016;118:24-8 pubmed publisher..This suggests that the perfusion decrease is at least partly caused by radiotherapy. Our results suggest that the detrimental effects of radiochemotherapy on perfusion occur early rather than later. ..
- Boehm I, Finke B, Tam F, Fittig E, Scholz M, Gantchev K, et al. Effects of perceptual body image distortion and early weight gain on long-term outcome of adolescent anorexia nervosa. Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2016;25:1319-1326 pubmed..This study provides first evidence for an association of perceptual body image distortion with long-term outcome of adolescent anorexia nervosa and underlines the importance of sufficient early weight gain. ..
- Kasper M, Roehlecke C, Witt M, Fehrenbach H, Hofer A, Miyata T, et al. Induction of apoptosis by glyoxal in human embryonic lung epithelial cell line L132. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2000;23:485-91 pubmed..The apoptotic changes were confirmed by transmission electron microscopy. Immunocytochemical analysis of treated cells revealed the presence of other AGEs such as pentosidine as well as products of lipid peroxidation...
- Mobus U, Demmler G, Dressler J. The body buried twice. Am J Forensic Med Pathol. 2002;23:52-3 pubmed..quot; A young person "exhumed" a child's body involved in a road accident because he wanted to test methods for preventing or slowing down the process of postmortem decay. ..
- Stelzner S, Hellmich G, Ludwig K. Repair of paracolostomy hernias with a prosthetic mesh in the intraperitoneal onlay position: modified Sugarbaker technique. Dis Colon Rectum. 2004;47:185-91 pubmed..Our results, with a recurrence rate of only 15 percent for the parastomal site and 20 percent for combined defects, support this approach. ..
- Eke I, Sandfort V, Mischkus A, Baumann M, Cordes N. Antiproliferative effects of EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibition and radiation-induced genotoxic injury are attenuated by adhesion to fibronectin. Radiother Oncol. 2006;80:178-84 pubmed..Thus, simultaneous targeting of adhesion and growth factor receptor-mediated signaling might potently improve anticancer strategies. ..
- Konstantinova I, Nikolova G, Ohara Imaizumi M, Meda P, Kucera T, Zarbalis K, et al. EphA-Ephrin-A-mediated beta cell communication regulates insulin secretion from pancreatic islets. Cell. 2007;129:359-70 pubmed..Thus, we explain how beta cell communication in pancreatic islets conversely affects basal and glucose-stimulated insulin secretion to improve glucose homeostasis. ..
- Hoppmann S, Haase C, Richter S, Pietzsch J. Expression, purification and fluorine-18 radiolabeling of recombinant S100 proteins--potential probes for molecular imaging of receptor for advanced glycation endproducts (RAGE) in vivo. Protein Expr Purif. 2008;57:143-52 pubmed..The approach allows the use of small animal PET and provides novel probes to delineate functional expression of RAGE under normal and pathophysiological conditions in rodent models of disease. ..
- Stroszczynski C, Jöres A, von Ruthendorf Przewoski J, Bethke A. [Image-guided biopsy of the thorax]. Radiologe. 2008;48:1169-72 pubmed publisher..The aim of this tutorial is to summarize the special aspects concerning the intervention, including evaluation, the technical needs, different kinds of access to the target, and risk and complication management. ..
- Mkandawire M, Pohl A, Gubarevich T, Lapina V, Appelhans D, Rödel G, et al. Selective targeting of green fluorescent nanodiamond conjugates to mitochondria in HeLa cells. J Biophotonics. 2009;2:596-606 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, nanodiamonds could be targeted selectively to intracellular structures. Therefore, nanodiamonds are a promising tool for intracellular assays. ..
- Petrowski K, Herold U, Joraschky P, Wittchen H, Kirschbaum C. A striking pattern of cortisol non-responsiveness to psychosocial stress in patients with panic disorder with concurrent normal cortisol awakening responses. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2010;35:414-21 pubmed publisher..In contrast, the data provide support for a hyporesponsive HPA axis under emotional stress in PD patients. ..
- Kanczkowski W, Zacharowski K, Bornstein S. Role of toll-like receptors and inflammation in adrenal gland insufficiency. Neuroimmunomodulation. 2010;17:180-3 pubmed publisher..TLRs are implicated in adrenal cell turnover and steroidogenesis during inflammation. Therefore, TLRs play a crucial role in the activation of adrenal inflammation mediating adrenal gland dysfunction during septicemia...
- Buchholz F, Hauber J. In vitro evolution and analysis of HIV-1 LTR-specific recombinases. Methods. 2011;53:102-9 pubmed publisher..We furthermore provide protocols that are utilized for the investigation of Tre's antiretroviral activity in infected tissue cultures as well as in infected humanized Rag2(-/-)?c(-/-) mice. ..
- Fark T, Hummel C, Hahner A, Nin T, Hummel T. Characteristics of taste disorders. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2013;270:1855-60 pubmed publisher..In approximately 1/3 of this group of patients the cause of dysgeusia is unknown. Twenty-one percent of the patients complained of qualitative rather than quantitative taste problems...
- Eke I, Storch K, Krause M, Cordes N. Cetuximab attenuates its cytotoxic and radiosensitizing potential by inducing fibronectin biosynthesis. Cancer Res. 2013;73:5869-79 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings show how cell adhesion blunts cetuximab, which, by inducing fibronectin, generates a self-attenuating mechanism of drug resistance. ..
- Wrobel D, Janaszewska A, Appelhans D, Voit B, Bryszewska M, Maly J. Interactions of dendritic glycopolymer with erythrocytes, red blood cell ghosts and membrane enzymes. Int J Pharm. 2015;496:475-88 pubmed publisher..The low hemolytic properties only observed at higher concentration (100Î¼M and 400Î¼M) indicated that Mal-PEIs are promising macromolecules in the area of drug delivery systems. ..
- Werner K, Lademann F, Thepkaysone M, Jahnke B, Aust D, Kahlert C, et al. Simultaneous gene silencing of KRAS and anti-apoptotic genes as a multitarget therapy. Oncotarget. 2016;7:3984-92 pubmed publisher..Thus, siRNAs are suitable to model multimodal therapy against signaling pathways in pancreatic cancer. Improvements in in vivo delivery of siRNAs against a multitude of targets might therefore be a potential therapeutic approach. ..
- Schild M, Meurer M. [Vitiligo: Clinical presentation and pathogenesis]. Hautarzt. 2016;67:173-86; quiz 187-9 pubmed publisher..The relationship between vitiligo and skin cancer and between vitiligo and immunotherapies in patients with metastatic melanoma warrants close clinical monitoring of affected patients and further scientific studies. ..
- Kossak Roth U, SauÃŸele S, Aul C, BÃ¼chner T, DÃ¶hner H, Dugas M, et al. [Leukemia research in Germany: the Competence Network Acute and Chronic Leukemias]. Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz. 2016;59:444-53 pubmed publisher..The ultimate goal of the network is the cure of leukemia through cooperative research. ..
- Altundag A, Ay S, Hira S, Salihoğlu M, Baskoy K, Deniz F, et al. Olfactory and gustatory functions in patients with non-complicated type 1 diabetes mellitus. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2017;274:2621-2627 pubmed publisher..We also found that gustatory and olfactory functions may not be related with HbA1c values and disease duration in non-complicated T1D. ..
- Rotter T, Kinsman L, James E, Machotta A, Gothe H, Willis J, et al. Clinical pathways: effects on professional practice, patient outcomes, length of stay and hospital costs. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2010;:CD006632 pubmed publisher..Clinical pathways are associated with reduced in-hospital complications and improved documentation without negatively impacting on length of stay and hospital costs. ..
- Conrad K, Roggenbuck D, Ittenson A, Reinhold D, Buettner T, Laass M. A new dot immunoassay for simultaneous detection of celiac specific antibodies and IgA-deficiency. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2012;50:337-43 pubmed publisher..Immunodot assay is a reliable and easy-to-use technique for the detection of IgA-deficient CD patients. Simultaneous assessment of anti-tTG and anti-DG IgA antibodies, and IgA deficiency by DIA can improve the efficacy of CD serology. ..
- Froehner M, Haase M, Hakenberg O, Wirth M. Urinary immunocytology for primary bladder B cell lymphoma. Urology. 2004;63:381-3 pubmed..Lymphoma cells were distinguished from abundant leukocytes by immunocytologic staining for CD20. This technique might be useful in the differential diagnosis of patients with chronic bladder inflammation accompanied by pyuria...
- Kniess T, Rode K, Wuest F. Practical experiences with the synthesis of [11C]CH3I through gas phase iodination reaction using a TRACERlabFXC synthesis module. Appl Radiat Isot. 2008;66:482-8 pubmed..The relatively low specific activity may be mainly due to carbon contaminations originating from the long copper tubing (500 m) between the cyclotron and the radiochemistry facility. ..
- Krishnan K, Schackert G. An analysis of results after selective tendon transfers through the interosseous membrane to provide selective finger and thumb extension in chronic irreparable radial nerve lesions. J Hand Surg Am. 2008;33:223-31 pubmed publisher..The sacrifice of FDS 3 and 4 to reconstruct finger extension results in bowing of the donor digits. Therapeutic III. ..
- Ziemssen T. Multiple sclerosis beyond EDSS: depression and fatigue. J Neurol Sci. 2009;277 Suppl 1:S37-41 pubmed publisher..There is growing evidence that immunomodulatory treatments, in particular glatiramer acetate, improve fatigue symptoms in patients with multiple sclerosis. ..
- Heller A, Fuchs A, Rössel T, Vicent O, Wiessner D, Funk R, et al. Precision of traditional approaches for lumbar plexus block: impact and management of interindividual anatomic variability. Anesthesiology. 2009;111:525-32 pubmed publisher..Relying on the position of the posterior superior iliac spine eliminates the sex and sided differences and individual body size, which can be problematic if firm metric distances are used in determining the entry point. ..
- Wollina U, Hansel G, Krönert C, Heinig B. Using VAC to facilitate healing of traumatic wounds in patients with chronic lymphoedema. J Wound Care. 2010;19:15-7 pubmed..Healing of traumatic injuries in patients with chronic lymphoedema is often delayed. This article describes how topical negative pressure was used to promote healing in two such cases. It also eliminated pain and prevented re-infection. ..
- Ludwig B, Ziegler C, Schally A, Richter C, Steffen A, Jabs N, et al. Agonist of growth hormone-releasing hormone as a potential effector for survival and proliferation of pancreatic islets. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:12623-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study provides evidence that agonists of GHRH represent a promising pharmacological therapy aimed at promoting islet graft growth and proliferation in diabetic patients. ..
- Wunderlich G, Schiller E, Bergmann R, Pietzsch H. Comparison of the stability of Y-90-, Lu-177- and Ga-68- labeled human serum albumin microspheres (DOTA-HSAM). Nucl Med Biol. 2010;37:861-7 pubmed publisher..7 days) is, in our opinion, opposed to therapeutic applications of DOTA-HSAM. On the other hand, the high stability of Ga-68 DOTA-HSAM makes them an attractive candidate for the measurement of regional perfusion by PET. ..
- Bird A, Erler A, Fu J, Hériché J, Maresca M, Zhang Y, et al. High-efficiency counterselection recombineering for site-directed mutagenesis in bacterial artificial chromosomes. Nat Methods. 2011;9:103-9 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight the complementary use of precisely mutated BAC transgenes and RNA interference in the study of cell biology at physiological expression levels and regulation. ..
- Brogsitter C, Zophel K, Wunderlich G, Kämmerer E, Stein A, Kotzerke J. Comparison between F-18 fluorodeoxyglucose and Ga-68 DOTATOC in metastasized melanoma. Nucl Med Commun. 2013;34:47-9 pubmed publisher..The mean SUV(max) was 3.1 (range, 1.2-4.2) for DOTATOC, in contrast to 28.2 (range, 2.3-115) for (18)F-FDG. Radiolabelled DOTATOC does not seem to be a promising agent for treatment of metastasized melanoma. ..
- Dornbusch J, Zacharis A, Meinhardt M, Erdmann K, Wolff I, Froehner M, et al. Analyses of potential predictive markers and survival data for a response to sunitinib in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76386 pubmed publisher..Immunoexpression of HIF-1?, CA9, Ki67, CD31, pVEGFR1, VEGFR1 and -2, pPDGFR? and -? in the primary tumors of metastatic ccRCC patients might support the prediction of a good response to sunitinib treatment. ..
- Kahlert C, Pecqueux M, Halama N, Dienemann H, Muley T, Pfannschmidt J, et al. Tumour-site-dependent expression profile of angiogenic factors in tumour-associated stroma of primary colorectal cancer and metastases. Br J Cancer. 2014;110:441-9 pubmed publisher..Stroma-derived MMPs and angiogenic cytokines may be useful prognostic biomarkers. These data can be helpful to identify new agents for a targeted therapy in patients with colorectal cancer. ..
- Florio M, Huttner W. Neural progenitors, neurogenesis and the evolution of the neocortex. Development. 2014;141:2182-94 pubmed publisher..Here, we review the diversity of neocortical neural progenitors, their interspecies variations and their roles in determining the evolutionary increase in neuron numbers and neocortex size. ..
- Rebbeck T, Mitra N, Wan F, Healey S, McGuffog L, Chenevix Trench G, et al. Association of type and location of BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations with risk of breast and ovarian cancer. JAMA. 2015;313:1347-61 pubmed publisher..With appropriate validation, these data may have implications for risk assessment and cancer prevention decision making for carriers of BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations. ..
- Motzek T, Bueter K, Marquardt G. Environmental Cues in Double-Occupancy Rooms to Support Patients With Dementia. HERD. 2016;9:106-15 pubmed publisher..To sustain their effectiveness on patients' identification abilities during their hospital stay, we discuss, whether verbal prompting and an ongoing mentioning of such cues, embedded in the daily work of nurses, could be beneficial. ..
- Eberlein Gonska M, Budic A, Winklmair C, Petzold T. [Five years of peer reviewing in the Quality Medicine Initiative]. Z Evid Fortbild Qual Gesundhwes. 2015;109:650-9 pubmed publisher..Re-reviews provide impulses for sustainability. At any rate, there is a need for scientific evaluation of the peer review method in order to generate evidence for this important tool of quality improvement. ..
- Helck A, Schumann C, Aumann J, Thierfelder K, Strobl F, Braunagel M, et al. Automatic path proposal computation for CT-guided percutaneous liver biopsy. Int J Comput Assist Radiol Surg. 2016;11:2199-2205 pubmed..Automatic software-based path proposal for CT-guided liver biopsies in the majority provides path proposals that are easy to establish and comparable to experts' insertion trajectories. ..
- Rollnik J, Bertram M, Bucka C, Hartwich M, Jobges M, Ketter G, et al. Criterion validity and sensitivity to change of the Early Rehabilitation Index (ERI): results from a German multi-center study. BMC Res Notes. 2016;9:356 pubmed publisher..Evaluation of our study data suggest that the ERI may be used as a valid assessment instrument for neurological and neurosurgical early rehabilitation patients. ..
- Chung K, Chatzigeorgiou A, Economopoulou M, Garcia Martin R, Alexaki V, Mitroulis I, et al. A self-sustained loop of inflammation-driven inhibition of beige adipogenesis in obesity. Nat Immunol. 2017;18:654-664 pubmed publisher..Our findings, established in both mouse systems and human systems, reveal a self-sustained cycle of inflammation-driven impairment of beige adipogenesis in obesity. ..
- Brandt D, Sergon M, Abraham S, Mäbert K, Hedrich C. TCR+CD3+CD4-CD8- effector T cells in psoriasis. Clin Immunol. 2017;181:51-59 pubmed publisher..Our observations offer additional insight into the molecular pathophysiology of plaque psoriasis and show promise as potential disease biomarkers and/or therapeutic targets for future interventions. ..
- Hanefeld M, Engelmann K, Appelt D, Sandner D, Weigmann I, Ganz X, et al. Intra-individual variability and circadian rhythm of vascular endothelial growth factors in subjects with normal glucose tolerance and type 2 diabetes. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184234 pubmed publisher..Taken together, a single morning measurement of systemic VEGF levels after 7:30 am appears to be a reliable parameter for the individual risk associated with abnormal VEGF concentrations in blood...
- Sawhney R, Howard J. Slow local movements of collagen fibers by fibroblasts drive the rapid global self-organization of collagen gels. J Cell Biol. 2002;157:1083-91 pubmed..We propose that this amplification is due to the geometry of the collagen matrix, and that analogous amplified movements may drive morphological changes in other biological meshes, both outside and inside the cell. ..
- Gavlik J, Rammelt S, Zwipp H. Percutaneous, arthroscopically-assisted osteosynthesis of calcaneus fractures. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2002;122:424-8 pubmed..The method was applied in selected cases of displaced intra-articular calcaneus fractures with one fracture line crossing the posterior calcaneal facet (Sanders type II fractures)...
- Krishnan K, Schackert G. Intraneural ganglion cysts: a case of sciatic nerve involvement. Br J Plast Surg. 2003;56:183-6 pubmed..This case shows that ganglion cysts can occur in locations far from a joint, supporting the extra-articular embryonic synovial remnant theory of their genesis. ..
- Kolditz M, Halank M, Hoffken G. [Parapneumonic effusion and pleural empyema - topical aspects of classification, diagnosis and treatment]. Pneumologie. 2004;58:83-91 pubmed..This overview summarizes the actual aspects of classification, diagnosis and treatment of the parapneumonic effusion and draws conclusions for the daily management of this condition...
- Moll H, Johnsson A, Schäfer M, Pedersen K, Budzikiewicz H, Bernhard G. Curium(III) complexation with pyoverdins secreted by a groundwater strain of Pseudomonas fluorescens. Biometals. 2008;21:219-28 pubmed..An indirect excitation mechanism for the curium(III) fluorescence was observed in the presence of the pyoverdin molecules...
- Stepulak A, Sifringer M, Rzeski W, Brocke K, Gratopp A, Pohl E, et al. AMPA antagonists inhibit the extracellular signal regulated kinase pathway and suppress lung cancer growth. Cancer Biol Ther. 2007;6:1908-15 pubmed..These findings reveal potential mechanism of antiproliferative action of AMPA antagonists and indicate that this class of compounds may be useful in the therapy of human cancers. ..
- Wuest F, Köhler L, Berndt M, Pietzsch J. Systematic comparison of two novel, thiol-reactive prosthetic groups for 18F labeling of peptides and proteins with the acylation agent succinimidyl-4-[18F]fluorobenzoate ([18F]SFB). Amino Acids. 2009;36:283-95 pubmed publisher..However, the acylation agent [18F]SFB is the preferred prosthetic group for labeling nLDL under physiological conditions. ..
- Strzelecka M, Trowitzsch S, Weber G, Luhrmann R, Oates A, Neugebauer K. Coilin-dependent snRNP assembly is essential for zebrafish embryogenesis. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2010;17:403-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, coilin's essential function in embryos is to promote macromolecular assembly of snRNPs, likely by concentrating snRNP components in CBs to overcome rate-limiting assembly steps. ..
- Wolz M, Lohle M, Strecker K, Schwanebeck U, Schneider C, Reichmann H, et al. Levetiracetam for levodopa-induced dyskinesia in Parkinson's disease: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2010;117:1279-86 pubmed publisher..LEV was well tolerated in doses up to 2,000 mg/day. Further large controlled studies are warranted to evaluate the impact of LEV on LID in PD patients...
- Bernstein P, Sticht C, Jacobi A, Liebers C, Manthey S, Stiehler M. Expression pattern differences between osteoarthritic chondrocytes and mesenchymal stem cells during chondrogenic differentiation. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2010;18:1596-607 pubmed publisher..Future experiments should further explore the different metabolic behaviour of chondrocytes and MSC. ..
- Wu C, Fan W, Gelinsky M, Xiao Y, Simon P, Schulze R, et al. Bioactive SrO-SiO2 glass with well-ordered mesopores: characterization, physiochemistry and biological properties. Acta Biomater. 2011;7:1797-806 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that incorporating Sr(2+) into mesoporous SiO(2) glass produces a material with a more optimal drug delivery profile coupled with improved bioactivity, making it an excellent material for bone repair applications. ..
- Goettsch C, Goettsch W, Brux M, Haschke C, Brunssen C, Muller G, et al. Arterial flow reduces oxidative stress via an antioxidant response element and Oct-1 binding site within the NADPH oxidase 4 promoter in endothelial cells. Basic Res Cardiol. 2011;106:551-61 pubmed publisher..This novel mechanism may be involved in the flow-dependent downregulation of endothelial superoxide anion formation. ..
- Schaich M, Rollig C, Soucek S, Kramer M, Thiede C, Mohr B, et al. Cytarabine dose of 36 g/m² compared with 12 g/m² within first consolidation in acute myeloid leukemia: results of patients enrolled onto the prospective randomized AML96 study. J Clin Oncol. 2011;29:2696-702 pubmed publisher..In young adults with AML receiving intermediate-dose cytarabine induction, intensification of the cytarabine dose beyond 12 g/m² within first consolidation did not improve treatment outcome. ..
- Garbe Y, Maletzki C, Linnebacher M. An MSI tumor specific frameshift mutation in a coding microsatellite of MSH3 encodes for HLA-A0201-restricted CD8+ cytotoxic T cell epitopes. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26517 pubmed publisher..Our data therefore encourage further exploitation of MSH3 as a piece for peptide-based vaccines either for therapeutic or--even more important--preventive purposes. ..
- Wehner R, Bitterlich A, Meyer N, Kloß A, Schakel K, Bachmann M, et al. Impact of chemotherapeutic agents on the immunostimulatory properties of human 6-sulfo LacNAc+ (slan) dendritic cells. Int J Cancer. 2013;132:1351-9 pubmed publisher..These novel findings may have implications for the design of treatment modalities for tumor patients combining immunotherapeutic strategies and chemotherapy. ..
- Brambillasca S, Altkrueger A, Colombo S, Friederich A, Eickelmann P, Mark M, et al. CDK5 regulatory subunit-associated protein 1-like 1 (CDKAL1) is a tail-anchored protein in the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) of insulinoma cells. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:41808-19 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings provide new insight into the role of CDKAL1 in insulin-producing cells and help to understand its involvement in the pathogenesis of diabetes...
- Vetter N, Altgassen M, Phillips L, Mahy C, Kliegel M. Development of affective theory of mind across adolescence: disentangling the role of executive functions. Dev Neuropsychol. 2013;38:114-25 pubmed publisher..Affective theory of mind was positively related to age, and all three executive functions. Specifically, inhibition explained the largest amount of variance in age-related differences in affective theory of mind. ..
- Albus E, Sinningen K, Winzer M, Thiele S, Baschant U, Hannemann A, et al. Milk Fat Globule-Epidermal Growth Factor 8 (MFG-E8) Is a Novel Anti-inflammatory Factor in Rheumatoid Arthritis in Mice and Humans. J Bone Miner Res. 2016;31:596-605 pubmed publisher..Thus, MFG-E8 is a protective factor in the pathogenesis of RA and subsequent bone loss. Whether MFG-E8 qualifies as a novel biomarker or therapeutic target for the treatment of RA is worth addressing in further studies. ..
- VillaseÃ±or R, Kalaidzidis Y, Zerial M. Signal processing by the endosomal system. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 2016;39:53-60 pubmed publisher..By governing the spatio-temporal distribution of signalling molecules, the endosomal system functions analogously to a digital-analogue computer that regulates the specificity and robustness of the signalling response. ..
- Sorokowska A, Negoias S, HÃ¤rtwig S, Gerber J, Iannilli E, Warr J, et al. Differences in the central-nervous processing of olfactory stimuli according to their hedonic and arousal characteristics. Neuroscience. 2016;324:62-8 pubmed publisher..The present study showed also that the emotional states generated by arousing qualities of odorants are an important determinant of magnitude of cerebral activation. ..
- Kreer T. Polymer-brush lubrication: a review of recent theoretical advances. Soft Matter. 2016;12:3479-501 pubmed publisher..Comparisons to alternative analytical approaches, experiments and numerical results are performed. Special emphasis is given to methods for simulating polymer-brush bilayers using molecular dynamics simulations. ..
- Wiltink J, Ruckes C, Hoyer J, Leichsenring F, Joraschky P, Leweke F, et al. Transfer of manualized Short Term Psychodynamic Psychotherapy (STPP) for social anxiety disorder into clinical practice: results from a cluster-randomised controlled trial. BMC Psychiatry. 2017;17:92 pubmed publisher..SAD patients with a high comorbidity of personality disorders and a long treatment history may need longer treatments. German Clinical Trials Register (DRKS) DRKS00000570 , registered 03. March 2011. ..
- Marahrens L, Rock D, Ziemssen T, Kern R, Ziemssen F, Fritsche A. [Implementation of the National Guidelines for the treatment of Diabetes mellitus type 2 in secondary diabetes centers]. Dtsch Med Wochenschr. 2017;142:e131-e139 pubmed publisher..Die Therapiestufe korrelierte bei den untersuchten Patienten eng mit der Diabetesdauer; der Parameter könnte sich daher zur Kommunikation des Risikoprofils eignen. ..