Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adult in Dresden, Germany
Locale: Dresden, Germany
- Sarem Z, Bumke Vogt C, Mahmoud A, Assefa B, Weickert M, Adamidou A, et al. Glucagon Decreases IGF-1 Bioactivity in Humans, Independently of Insulin, by Modulating Its Binding Proteins. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2017;102:3480-3490 pubmed publisher..This insulin-independent reduction is related to increased IGFBP-1 and IGFBP-2 levels, which are most likely mediated via activation of the FOXO/mTOR (mechanistic target of rapamycin) pathway. ..
- Juratli T, Kirsch M, Robel K, Soucek S, Geiger K, von Kummer R, et al. IDH mutations as an early and consistent marker in low-grade astrocytomas WHO grade II and their consecutive secondary high-grade gliomas. J Neurooncol. 2012;108:403-10 pubmed publisher..The presence of IDH mutations fails to demonstrate a significant influence on survival in the multivariate analysis of LGA patients. Early RT appears to be beneficial only LGA patients with IDH-mutations. ..
- Reske A, Reske A, Gast H, Seiwerts M, Beda A, Gottschaldt U, et al. Extrapolation from ten sections can make CT-based quantification of lung aeration more practicable. Intensive Care Med. 2010;36:1836-44 pubmed publisher..All bias values were below 1% of the total lung volume or mass, the limits of agreement never exceeded ± 2%. The extrapolation method can reduce radiation exposure and shorten the time required for qCT analysis of lung aeration. ..
- Rehm J, Scafato E. Indicators of alcohol consumption and attributable harm for monitoring and surveillance in European Union countries. Addiction. 2011;106 Suppl 1:4-10 pubmed publisher..The establishement of such monitoring systems would follow the recent World Assembly resolution for a global strategy to reduce alcohol-related harm. ..
- Gloster A, Wittchen H, Einsle F, Lang T, Helbig Lang S, Fydrich T, et al. Psychological treatment for panic disorder with agoraphobia: a randomized controlled trial to examine the role of therapist-guided exposure in situ in CBT. J Consult Clin Psychol. 2011;79:406-20 pubmed publisher..Therapist-guided exposure promotes additional therapeutic improvement--possibly mediated by increased physical engagement in feared situations--beyond the effects of a CBT treatment in which exposure is simply instructed. ..
- Gunther C, Wozel G, Meurer M, Pfeiffer C. Up-regulation of CCL11 and CCL26 is associated with activated eosinophils in bullous pemphigoid. Clin Exp Immunol. 2011;166:145-53 pubmed publisher..Thereby they broaden the understanding of BP pathogenesis and might indicate new options for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Jakob A, Bornitz M, Kuhlisch E, Zahnert T. New aspects in the clinical diagnosis of otosclerosis using laser Doppler vibrometry. Otol Neurotol. 2009;30:1049-57 pubmed publisher..Laser Doppler vibrometry (LDV) applied to umbo motion measurement in healthy and otosclerotic ears shows statistically tested differences...
- Plessow F, Kiesel A, Kirschbaum C. The stressed prefrontal cortex and goal-directed behaviour: acute psychosocial stress impairs the flexible implementation of task goals. Exp Brain Res. 2012;216:397-408 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that acute psychosocial stress impairs cognitive control processes of flexible task-goal implementation essential for voluntary goal-directed behaviour. ..
- Jacobs E, Dalhoff A, Korfmann G. Susceptibility patterns of bacterial isolates from hospitalised patients with respiratory tract infections (MOXIAKTIV Study). Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2009;33:52-7 pubmed publisher..catarrhalis but only 4.5% of the H. influenzae strains were clarithromycin-susceptible. Moxifloxacin was the most active agent amongst the drugs tested, in particular against Gram-positive pathogens...
- Reitemeier B, Hänsel K, Kastner C, Weber A, Walter M. A prospective 10-year study of metal ceramic single crowns and fixed dental prosthesis retainers in private practice settings. J Prosthet Dent. 2013;109:149-55 pubmed publisher..065 (95% CI 1.063 - 8.832) and 2.554 (95% CI 1.307 - 4.992). Metal ceramic crowns provided in private practice settings show good longevity. Bruxism appears to indicate a risk for metal ceramic defects. ..
- Schetelig J, Bornhauser M, Schmid C, Hertenstein B, Schwerdtfeger R, Martin H, et al. Matched unrelated or matched sibling donors result in comparable survival after allogeneic stem-cell transplantation in elderly patients with acute myeloid leukemia: a report from the cooperative German Transplant Study Group. J Clin Oncol. 2008;26:5183-91 pubmed publisher..7 (95% CI, 0.4 to 1.1) for patients with matched UDs and 1.0 (95% CI, 0.7 to 1.6) for patients with partially matched UDs. Donor type is not a major prognostic factor for HCT in elderly patients with standard- or high-risk AML. ..
- Leonhardt H, Demmrich A, Mueller A, Mai R, Loukota R, Eckelt U. INION compared with titanium osteosynthesis: a prospective investigation of the treatment of mandibular fractures. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2008;46:631-4 pubmed publisher..At 6 months a dense swelling developed in some patients in the INION group as a result of biodegradation of the plates. INION plates were biocompatible and strong enough to treat mandibular fractures...
- Kroemer N, Guevara A, Vollstädt Klein S, Smolka M. Nicotine alters food-cue reactivity via networks extending from the hypothalamus. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2013;38:2307-14 pubmed publisher..We conclude that locally restricted acute effects of nicotine in the hypothalamic area have profound effects on food-processing networks. ..
- Elsner B, Kugler J, Pohl M, Mehrholz J. Transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS) for improving aphasia in patients after stroke. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013;:CD009760 pubmed publisher..A possible adjunct to SLT for improving SLT outcomes might be non-invasive brain stimulation by transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS) to modulate cortical excitability and hence to improve aphasia...
- Ewig S, Hoffken G, Kern W, Rohde G, Flick H, Krause R, et al. [Management of Adult Community-acquired Pneumonia and Prevention - Update 2016]. Pneumologie. 2016;70:151-200 pubmed publisher..The guideline has a focus on specific clinical circumstances, an update on severity assessment, and includes recommendations for an individualized selection of antimicrobial treatment as well as primary and secondary prevention. ..
- Reitemeier B, Hänsel K, Kastner C, Walter M. Metal-ceramic failure in noble metal crowns: 7-year results of a prospective clinical trial in private practices. Int J Prosthodont. 2006;19:397-9 pubmed..The aim of this study was to evaluate the clinical performance of metal-ceramic crowns placed in 10 private practices...
- Muallem M, Dimitrova D, Pietzner K, Richter R, Feldheiser A, Scharfe I, et al. Implementation of Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) Pathways in Gynecologic Oncology. A NOGGO-AGO* survey of 144 Gynecological Departments in Germany. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:4227-32 pubmed....
- Hensch T, Wargelius H, Herold U, Lesch K, Oreland L, Brocke B. Further evidence for an association of 5-HTTLPR with intensity dependence of auditory-evoked potentials. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2006;31:2047-54 pubmed..Therefore, this study encourages further analysis of dose dependence of results. ..
- Plaschke J, Kruger S, Pistorius S, Theissig F, Saeger H, Schackert H. Involvement of hMSH6 in the development of hereditary and sporadic colorectal cancer revealed by immunostaining is based on germline mutations, but rarely on somatic inactivation. Int J Cancer. 2002;97:643-8 pubmed..We conclude that the involvement of somatic or epigenetic hMSH6 inactivation in colorectal cancer is rare. ..
- Rutkowski P, May C. The peripheral and Central Humphrey visual field - morphological changes during aging. BMC Ophthalmol. 2017;17:127 pubmed publisher..The peripheral visual field declined substantially from the 4th decade onward while the central visual field remained quite stable. ..
- Fark T, Hummel C, Hahner A, Nin T, Hummel T. Characteristics of taste disorders. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2013;270:1855-60 pubmed publisher..In approximately 1/3 of this group of patients the cause of dysgeusia is unknown. Twenty-one percent of the patients complained of qualitative rather than quantitative taste problems...
- Volker U, Jacobi C, Barr Taylor C. Adaptation and evaluation of an Internet-based prevention program for eating disorders in a sample of women with subclinical eating disorder symptoms: a pilot study. Eat Weight Disord. 2011;16:e270-3 pubmed..Pre-post-effect sizes ranged from medium to large. The pilot study showed the feasibility of the adapted online intervention and gave indications for its effectiveness. ..
- Schettler V, Neumann C, Peter C, Zimmermann T, Julius U, Roeseler E, et al. The German Lipoprotein Apheresis Registry (GLAR) - almost 5 years on. Clin Res Cardiol Suppl. 2017;12:44-49 pubmed publisher..In addition, LA treatments were found to be safe with a low rate of side effects. ..
- Stölzel F, Hackmann K, Kuithan F, Mohr B, Füssel M, Oelschlagel U, et al. Clonal evolution including partial loss of human leukocyte antigen genes favoring extramedullary acute myeloid leukemia relapse after matched related allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Transplantation. 2012;93:744-9 pubmed publisher..We hypothesized that this mechanism applies to extramedullary AML relapse which occurs frequently after allogeneic HSCT and might also not be restricted to haploidentical HSCT...
- Chung K, Chatzigeorgiou A, Economopoulou M, Garcia Martin R, Alexaki V, Mitroulis I, et al. A self-sustained loop of inflammation-driven inhibition of beige adipogenesis in obesity. Nat Immunol. 2017;18:654-664 pubmed publisher..Our findings, established in both mouse systems and human systems, reveal a self-sustained cycle of inflammation-driven impairment of beige adipogenesis in obesity. ..
- Dressen K, Hermann N, Manekeller S, Walgenbach Bruenagel G, Schildberg F, Hettwer K, et al. Diagnostic Performance of a Novel Multiplex Immunoassay in Colorectal Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:2477-2486 pubmed..893) compared to the biomarkers alone. Differential diagnosis of CRC can be improved by new biomarker classes and their combination assessed by novel multiplex immunoassay. ..
- FitzGerald T, Hämmerer D, Friston K, Li S, Dolan R. Sequential inference as a mode of cognition and its correlates in fronto-parietal and hippocampal brain regions. PLoS Comput Biol. 2017;13:e1005418 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide, to our knowledge, the first evidence for sequential inference in human cognition, and by exploiting between-subject variation in this measure we provide pointers to its neuronal substrates...
- Bartsch O, Wagner A, Hinkel G, Krebs P, Stumm M, Schmalenberger B, et al. FISH studies in 45 patients with Rubinstein-Taybi syndrome: deletions associated with polysplenia, hypoplastic left heart and death in infancy. Eur J Hum Genet. 1999;7:748-56 pubmed..The signs suggest a developmental field defect (disturbance of laterality) either as a newly recognised pattern of RTS, or alternatively a novel contiguous gene syndrome...
- Luther T, Flössel C, Mackman N, Bierhaus A, Kasper M, Albrecht S, et al. Tissue factor expression during human and mouse development. Am J Pathol. 1996;149:101-13 pubmed..The temporal and spatial pattern of TF expression during murine and human development supports the contention that TF serves as an important morphogenic factor during embryogenesis. ..
- Armbruster D, Mueller A, Strobel A, Kirschbaum C, Lesch K, Brocke B. Influence of functional tryptophan hydroxylase 2 gene variation and sex on the startle response in children, young adults, and older adults. Biol Psychol. 2010;83:214-21 pubmed publisher..In contrast, there was no effect of TPH2 or a TPH2xsex interaction effect in children or in older adults. ..
- Gossrau G, Gestrich B, Koch R, Wunderlich C, Schroder J, Schroeder S, et al. Apolipoprotein E and alpha-1-antichymotrypsin polymorphisms in sporadic inclusion body myositis. Eur Neurol. 2004;51:215-20 pubmed..A combination of different alpha1-ACT and ApoE genotypes appears not to enhance the risk of developing s-IBM. Therefore, allelic variations of alpha1-ACT and ApoE are unlikely to be genetic key factors in the aetiology of s-IBM. ..
- Weidner K, Siedentopf F, Zimmermann K, Bittner A, Richter J, Joraschky P, et al. Which gynecological and obstetric patients want to attend psychosomatic services?. J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol. 2008;29:280-9 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study is to explore the wish of gynecological and obstetric inpatients to attend psychosomatic services. Predictors influencing this wish are evaluated...
- Hensch T, Wargelius H, Herold U, Strobel A, Oreland L, Brocke B. Electrophysiological and behavioral correlates of polymorphisms in the transcription factor AP-2beta coding gene. Neurosci Lett. 2008;436:67-71 pubmed publisher..The findings promote replication in a larger sample and suggest a potential usefulness of AP-2beta polymorphisms in explaining or predicting central nervous diseases, drug effects and side effects. ..
- Bergmann A, Li J, Reimann M, Hentrich T, Hanefeld M, Bornstein S, et al. Polymorphisms in perilipin gene (PLIN) are not associated with obesity and weight variation in people with high risk of type 2 diabetes. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. 2008;116 Suppl 1:S56-8 pubmed publisher..But some other studies showed that, this association was not significant in Chinese and French . The aim of the current study was to examine whether the associations manifested in a German population with high risk of type 2 diabetes. ..
- Eisenhofer G, Pacak K, Huynh T, Qin N, Bratslavsky G, Linehan W, et al. Catecholamine metabolomic and secretory phenotypes in phaeochromocytoma. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2011;18:97-111 pubmed publisher..The data further suggest developmental origins of PPGLs from different populations of chromaffin cell progenitors...
- Rao D, Peitzsch M, Prejbisz A, Hanus K, Fassnacht M, Beuschlein F, et al. Plasma methoxytyramine: clinical utility with metanephrines for diagnosis of pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma. Eur J Endocrinol. 2017;177:103-113 pubmed publisher..9% vs 49.3%). While the benefit of additional measurements of plasma methoxytyramine for the detection of PPGLs is modest, the measurements do assist with positive confirmation of disease and are useful for the detection of HNPGLs. ..
- Krex D, Röhl H, Konig I, Ziegler A, Schackert H, Schackert G. Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1, -2, and -3 polymorphisms in a white population with intracranial aneurysms. Stroke. 2003;34:2817-21 pubmed..These data do not support the hypothesis that genetic variants within these genes have an impact on aneurysm development in the white population. ..
- Kruger S, Silber A, Engel C, Görgens H, Mangold E, Pagenstecher C, et al. Arg462Gln sequence variation in the prostate-cancer-susceptibility gene RNASEL and age of onset of hereditary non-polyposis colorectal cancer: a case-control study. Lancet Oncol. 2005;6:566-72 pubmed..Genotypes at RNASEL codon 462 are associated with age of onset of hereditary non-polyposis colorectal cancer in a dose-dependent way, and might have a role in preventive strategies for this disease. ..
- Krüger S, Bräunig P, Grunze H. [Official guidelines for the treatment of acute mania]. Psychiatr Prax. 2006;33 Suppl 1:S2-6 pubmed..They categorize the scientific quality of the studies into four levels of evidence (A-D) and provide an algorithm based on the degree of severity of the acute manic episode. ..
- Bonin M, Pursche S, Bergeman T, Leopold T, Illmer T, Ehninger G, et al. F-ara-A pharmacokinetics during reduced-intensity conditioning therapy with fludarabine and busulfan. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2007;39:201-6 pubmed..There were no changes in PK parameters of fludarabine given before and after intake of busulfan. This implies that a clinically relevant busulfan-fludarabine drug interaction is unlikely. ..
- Schachschal G, Sehner S, Choschzick M, Aust D, Brandl L, Vieth M, et al. Impact of reassessment of colonic hyperplastic polyps by expert GI pathologists. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2016;31:675-83 pubmed publisher..However, reliable data for recommendations on follow-up intervals of HP or SSA will require follow-up studies. ..
- Müller C, Haase M, Kemnitz I, Fitze G. Genetic mosaicism of a frameshift mutation in the RET gene in a family with Hirschsprung disease. Gene. 2014;541:51-4 pubmed publisher..The possibility of a mosaicism has to be kept in mind during genetic counseling for inherited diseases. ..
- Wintermann G, Donix M, Joraschky P, Gerber J, Petrowski K. Altered olfactory processing of stress-related body odors and artificial odors in patients with panic disorder. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74655 pubmed publisher..Both artificial odors and stress-related body odors activate specific parts of a fear-network which is associated with an increased severity of the psychopathology. ..
- Ehrlich S, Walton E, Roffman J, Weiss D, Puls I, Doehler N, et al. Smoking, but not malnutrition, influences promoter-specific DNA methylation of the proopiomelanocortin gene in patients with and without anorexia nervosa. Can J Psychiatry. 2012;57:168-76 pubmed..In contrast, smoking has been repeatedly reported to alter DNA methylation of specific genes and should be controlled for in future epigenetic studies. ..
- Beyreuther E, Dorr W, Lehnert A, Lessmann E, Pawelke J. Relative biological effectiveness of 25 and 10 kV X-rays for the induction of chromosomal aberrations in two human mammary epithelial cell lines. Radiat Environ Biophys. 2009;48:333-40 pubmed publisher..31 +/- 0.21 and 1.70 +/- 0.29 for 184A1 and 1.08 +/- 0.08 and 1.43 +/- 0.12 for MCF-12A irradiated with 25 and 10 kV X-rays, respectively. ..
- Samusik N, Krukovskaya L, Meln I, Shilov E, Kozlov A. PBOV1 is a human de novo gene with tumor-specific expression that is associated with a positive clinical outcome of cancer. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56162 pubmed publisher..Our findings could contribute to the understanding of the mechanisms behind de novo gene origin and the possible role of tumors in this process. ..
- Roggenbuck D, Hausdorf G, Martinez Gamboa L, Reinhold D, Buttner T, Jungblut P, et al. Identification of GP2, the major zymogen granule membrane glycoprotein, as the autoantigen of pancreatic antibodies in Crohn's disease. Gut. 2009;58:1620-8 pubmed publisher..The expression of GP2 in human enterocytes suggests an important role for anti-GP2 response in the pathogenesis of Crohn's disease. ..
- Altundag A, Ay S, Hira S, Salihoğlu M, Baskoy K, Deniz F, et al. Olfactory and gustatory functions in patients with non-complicated type 1 diabetes mellitus. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2017;274:2621-2627 pubmed publisher..We also found that gustatory and olfactory functions may not be related with HbA1c values and disease duration in non-complicated T1D. ..
- Furashova O, Matthe E. Retinal Changes in Different Grades of Retinal Artery Occlusion: An Optical Coherence Tomography Study. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:5209-5216 pubmed publisher..To investigate layer-by-layer changes in retinal thickness and reflectivity regarding the severity grade of acute retinal artery occlusion (RAO) using spectral-domain optical coherence tomography (SD-OCT)...
- Vogelberg C, Stensvold C, Monecke S, Ditzen A, Stopsack K, Heinrich Gräfe U, et al. Blastocystis sp. subtype 2 detection during recurrence of gastrointestinal and urticarial symptoms. Parasitol Int. 2010;59:469-71 pubmed publisher..Eradication of the parasite and permanent resolution of the patient's medical condition was finally achieved with the combined application of metronidazole and paromomycin. ..
- Abolmaali N, Kühnau D, Knecht M, Kohler K, Huttenbrink K, Hummel T. Imaging of the human vomeronasal duct. Chem Senses. 2001;26:35-9 pubmed..There was no significant gender-related difference in the length of VNDs. These data indicate considerable variability of shape, size and orientation of the human VND. ..
- Timmer A, Peplies J, Westphal M, Kaltz B, Ballauff A, Claßen M, et al. Transition from pediatric to adult medical care - A survey in young persons with inflammatory bowel disease. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177757 pubmed publisher..Some of these were associated with lower parental social status. Differences in health care satisfaction by type of provider (adult vs. pediatric) were small. ..
- Schakel K, Kannagi R, Kniep B, Goto Y, Mitsuoka C, Zwirner J, et al. 6-Sulfo LacNAc, a novel carbohydrate modification of PSGL-1, defines an inflammatory type of human dendritic cells. Immunity. 2002;17:289-301 pubmed..Thus, 6-sulfo LacNAc-expressing DCs appear as a novel proinflammatory DC subset. ..
- Voigt K, Twork S, Mittag D, Göbel A, Voigt R, Klewer J, et al. Consumption of alcohol, cigarettes and illegal substances among physicians and medical students in Brandenburg and Saxony (Germany). BMC Health Serv Res. 2009;9:219 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that methods for educating and promoting healthy lifestyle, particularly with respect to excessive alcohol consumption, tobacco use and abuse of illegal drugs should be considered. ..
- Kemper M, Zahnert T, Graupner A, Neudert M. [Operationalization of the clinical head and neck examination]. Laryngorhinootologie. 2011;90:537-42 pubmed publisher..Furthermore transparency, process reliability and test quality are considerably improved. The student's evaluation clearly reflects the mentioned advantages...
- Wiltink J, Ruckes C, Hoyer J, Leichsenring F, Joraschky P, Leweke F, et al. Transfer of manualized Short Term Psychodynamic Psychotherapy (STPP) for social anxiety disorder into clinical practice: results from a cluster-randomised controlled trial. BMC Psychiatry. 2017;17:92 pubmed publisher..SAD patients with a high comorbidity of personality disorders and a long treatment history may need longer treatments. German Clinical Trials Register (DRKS) DRKS00000570 , registered 03. March 2011. ..
- Oelschlaegel U, Mohr B, Schaich M, Schäkel U, Kroschinsky F, Illmer T, et al. HLA-DRneg patients without acute promyelocytic leukemia show distinct immunophenotypic, genetic, molecular, and cytomorphologic characteristics compared to acute promyelocytic leukemia. Cytometry B Clin Cytom. 2009;76:321-7 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study show that an immunophenotypic, molecular, and cytomorphologic separation of both HLA-DR(neg) leukemia subgroups is possible indicating that both groups are biologically distinct. ..
- Rauner M, Stein N, Winzer M, Goettsch C, Zwerina J, Schett G, et al. WNT5A is induced by inflammatory mediators in bone marrow stromal cells and regulates cytokine and chemokine production. J Bone Miner Res. 2012;27:575-85 pubmed publisher..This study underlines the critical role of BMSC-derived WNT5A in the regulation of inflammatory processes and suggests its participation in the pathogenesis of RA. ..
- Gudziol V, Hummel T. Effects of pentoxifylline on olfactory sensitivity: a postmarketing surveillance study. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2009;135:291-5 pubmed publisher..Double-blind, placebo-controlled studies are needed to verify whether pentoxifylline can improve olfactory sensitivity in patients with olfactory disorders. ..
- Walton E, Geisler D, Hass J, Liu J, Turner J, Yendiki A, et al. The impact of genome-wide supported schizophrenia risk variants in the neurogranin gene on brain structure and function. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76815 pubmed publisher....
- Seifert H, Mohr B, Thiede C, Oelschlagel U, Schäkel U, Illmer T, et al. The prognostic impact of 17p (p53) deletion in 2272 adults with acute myeloid leukemia. Leukemia. 2009;23:656-63 pubmed publisher..001), relapse risk (P=0.028) and overall survival (P<0.001). Thus, the single p53 deletion should be considered as a high-risk aberration for future risk-adapted treatment strategies in AML. ..
- Wittchen H, Nocon A, Beesdo K, Pine D, Hofler M, Lieb R, et al. Agoraphobia and panic. Prospective-longitudinal relations suggest a rethinking of diagnostic concepts. Psychother Psychosom. 2008;77:147-57 pubmed publisher..The findings point to the necessity of rethinking diagnostic concepts and DSM diagnostic hierarchies. ..