Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on saccharomyces cerevisiae in Kaiserslautern, Rheinland Pfalz, Germany
Locale: Kaiserslautern, Rheinland Pfalz, Germany
Topic: saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Prestele M, Vogel F, Reichert A, Herrmann J, Ott M. Mrpl36 is important for generation of assembly competent proteins during mitochondrial translation. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:2615-25 pubmed publisher..This important function seems to be carried out by a stabilizing activity of Mrpl36 on the interaction between large and small ribosomal subunits, which could influence accuracy of protein synthesis. ..
- Bien M, Longen S, Wagener N, Chwalla I, Herrmann J, Riemer J. Mitochondrial disulfide bond formation is driven by intersubunit electron transfer in Erv1 and proofread by glutathione. Mol Cell. 2010;37:516-28 pubmed publisher..The generation of these side products is efficiently counteracted by reduced glutathione. Thus, our findings suggest a role for a glutathione-dependent proofreading during oxidative protein folding by the mitochondrial disulfide relay. ..
- Gruschke S, Gröne K, Heublein M, Hölz S, Israel L, Imhof A, et al. Proteins at the polypeptide tunnel exit of the yeast mitochondrial ribosome. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:19022-8 pubmed publisher..This unique architecture of the tunnel exit is presumably an adaptation of the translation system to the specific requirements of the organelle. ..
- Klöppel C, Suzuki Y, Kojer K, Petrungaro C, Longen S, Fiedler S, et al. Mia40-dependent oxidation of cysteines in domain I of Ccs1 controls its distribution between mitochondria and the cytosol. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:3749-57 pubmed publisher..We propose a model in which the Mia40-mediated oxidative folding of domain I controls the cellular distribution of Ccs1 and, consequently, active Sod1. ..
- Keil M, Bareth B, Woellhaf M, Peleh V, Prestele M, Rehling P, et al. Oxa1-ribosome complexes coordinate the assembly of cytochrome C oxidase in mitochondria. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:34484-93 pubmed publisher..This points to a role for Oxa1 in the spatial coordination of the ribosome with assembly factors that are critical for enzyme biogenesis. ..
- Vongerichten K, Klein J, Matern H, Plapp R. Cloning and nucleotide sequence analysis of pepV, a carnosinase gene from Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. lactis DSM 7290, and partial characterization of the enzyme. Microbiology. 1994;140 ( Pt 10):2591-600 pubmed..A second ORF present in the sequenced fragment showed extensive homology to a variety of amino acid permeases from E. coli and Saccharomyces cerevisiae. ..
- Klöppel C, Michels C, Zimmer J, Herrmann J, Riemer J. In yeast redistribution of Sod1 to the mitochondrial intermembrane space provides protection against respiration derived oxidative stress. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;403:114-9 pubmed publisher..Such an effect cannot be observed for the catalytically inactive mutant Sod1(G85R). Our observations suggest that the targeting of Sod1 to the mitochondrial IMS provides an increased protection against respiration-derived ROS. ..