Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on substrate specificity in Dortmund, North Rhine Westphalia, Germany
Locale: Dortmund, North Rhine Westphalia, Germany
Topic: substrate specificity
- Fricke I, Berken A. Molecular basis for the substrate specificity of plant guanine nucleotide exchange factors for ROP. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:75-80 pubmed publisher..These data also provide first evidence for a function of the Rho insert in interactions with GEFs. ..
- Lammers M, Meyer S, Kühlmann D, Wittinghofer A. Specificity of interactions between mDia isoforms and Rho proteins. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:35236-46 pubmed publisher..We also show that the F106H and H104F mutations drastically alter the affinities and thermodynamics of mDia interactions. ..
- Kurpiers T, Mootz H. Site-specific chemical modification of proteins with a prelabelled cysteine tag using the artificially split Mxe GyrA intein. Chembiochem. 2008;9:2317-25 pubmed publisher..Our approach combines the benefits of the plethora of commercially available cysteine-reactive probes with a straightforward route for their site-specific incorporation even into complex and cysteine-rich proteins. ..
- Meyer S, Scrima A, Vers es W, Wittinghofer A. Crystal structures of the conserved tRNA-modifying enzyme GidA: implications for its interaction with MnmE and substrate. J Mol Biol. 2008;380:532-47 pubmed publisher..We propose a model for the interaction between GidA and MnmE, which is supported by site-directed mutagenesis. Our data suggest that this interaction is modulated and potentially regulated by the switch function of the G domain of MnmE...
- Berken A, Thomas C, Wittinghofer A. A new family of RhoGEFs activates the Rop molecular switch in plants. Nature. 2005;436:1176-80 pubmed..RopGEFs may represent the missing link in signal transduction from receptor kinases to Rops and their identification has implications for the evolution of the Rho molecular switch. ..
- Fedorov R, Hartmann E, Ghosh D, Schlichting I. Structural basis for the specificity of the nitric-oxide synthase inhibitors W1400 and Nomega-propyl-L-Arg for the inducible and neuronal isoforms. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:45818-25 pubmed..This flexibility is determined by isoform-specific residues outside the active site. ..
- Ostermann N, Segura Peña D, Meier C, Veit T, Monnerjahn C, Konrad M, et al. Structures of human thymidylate kinase in complex with prodrugs: implications for the structure-based design of novel compounds. Biochemistry. 2003;42:2568-77 pubmed..Our results show the drastic effects that slight modifications of the substrates exert on the enzyme's conformation and, hence, activity and suggest the type of substitutions that are compatible with efficient phosphorylation by TMPK. ..
- Dursina B, Thoma N, Sidorovitch V, Niculae A, Iakovenko A, Rak A, et al. Interaction of yeast Rab geranylgeranyl transferase with its protein and lipid substrates. Biochemistry. 2002;41:6805-16 pubmed..Despite the ability to function in concert with yRabGGTase in vitro, expression of mammalian REP-1 could not complement deletion of MRS6 gene in S. cerevisiae in vivo. The implications of these findings are discussed. ..
- Weyand M, Schlichting I. Crystal structure of wild-type tryptophan synthase complexed with the natural substrate indole-3-glycerol phosphate. Biochemistry. 1999;38:16469-80 pubmed..These findings form the structural basis for the information transfer from the alpha- to the beta-subunit and may explain the affinity increase of the beta-active site for serine upon IGP binding. ..