Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on saccharomyces cerevisiae in Dortmund, North Rhine Westphalia, Germany
Locale: Dortmund, North Rhine Westphalia, Germany
Topic: saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Pylypenko O, Schönichen A, Ludwig D, Ungermann C, Goody R, Rak A, et al. Farnesylation of the SNARE protein Ykt6 increases its stability and helical folding. J Mol Biol. 2008;377:1334-45 pubmed publisher..Together, these observations support a previously suggested closed conformation of cytosolic Ykt6, where the C-terminal farnesyl moiety folds onto a hydrophobic groove in the N-terminal longin domain. ..
- Ignatev A, Kravchenko S, Rak A, Goody R, Pylypenko O. A structural model of the GDP dissociation inhibitor rab membrane extraction mechanism. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:18377-84 pubmed publisher..We suggest a model for the interaction of GDI with prenylated Rab proteins that incorporates a stepwise increase in affinity as the three different partial interactions are successively formed. ..
- Venne A, Vögtle F, Meisinger C, Sickmann A, Zahedi R. Novel highly sensitive, specific, and straightforward strategy for comprehensive N-terminal proteomics reveals unknown substrates of the mitochondrial peptidase Icp55. J Proteome Res. 2013;12:3823-30 pubmed publisher..Thus, ChaFRADIC is a powerful and practicable tool for protease and peptidase research, providing the sensitivity to characterize even samples that can be obtained only in small quantities. ..
- Czarnotta E, Dianat M, Korf M, Granica F, Merz J, Maury J, et al. Fermentation and purification strategies for the production of betulinic acid and its lupane-type precursors in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2017;114:2528-2538 pubmed publisher..This study highlights the potential of microbial production of plant derived triterpenoids in S. cerevisiae by combining metabolic and process engineering. ..
- Itzen A, Rak A, Goody R. Sec2 is a highly efficient exchange factor for the Rab protein Sec4. J Mol Biol. 2007;365:1359-67 pubmed