Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on saccharomyces cerevisiae in Bochum, North Rhine Westphalia, Germany
Locale: Bochum, North Rhine Westphalia, Germany
Topic: saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Rucktäschel R, Halbach A, Girzalsky W, Rottensteiner H, Erdmann R. De novo synthesis of peroxisomes upon mitochondrial targeting of Pex3p. Eur J Cell Biol. 2010;89:947-54 pubmed publisher..We conclude that natural or artificial targeting of Pex3p to any endomembrane may initiate peroxisome formation and that also Pex3p-containing mitochondria can serve as source for the de novo synthesis of peroxisomes. ..
- Rucktäschel R, Thoms S, Sidorovitch V, Halbach A, Pechlivanis M, Volkmer R, et al. Farnesylation of pex19p is required for its structural integrity and function in peroxisome biogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:20885-96 pubmed publisher..Thus, isoprenylation of Pex19p contributes to substrate membrane protein recognition for the topogenesis of PMPs, and our results highlight the importance of lipid modifications in protein-protein interactions. ..
- Niederhoff K, Meindl Beinker N, Kerssen D, Perband U, Schafer A, Schliebs W, et al. Yeast Pex14p possesses two functionally distinct Pex5p and one Pex7p binding sites. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:35571-8 pubmed
- Kohl M, Wiese S, Warscheid B. Cytoscape: software for visualization and analysis of biological networks. Methods Mol Biol. 2011;696:291-303 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, special features of alternative software tools are highlighted in order to assist researchers in the choice of an adequate program for their specific requirements. ..
- Halbach A, Rucktäschel R, Rottensteiner H, Erdmann R. The N-domain of Pex22p can functionally replace the Pex3p N-domain in targeting and peroxisome formation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:3906-16 pubmed publisher..The C-terminal domain of Pex3p thus contains the relevant information required for de novo peroxisome formation, thereby challenging the concept of the N terminus of Pex3p being key in that process. ..
- Papatheodorou P, Domanska G, Rassow J. Protein targeting to mitochondria of Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Neurospora crassa: in vitro and in vivo studies. Methods Mol Biol. 2007;390:151-66 pubmed..Assays are available for studies on the import pathways and localization of mitochondrial proteins and for the characterization of the components of the protein import machinery. ..
- Funke S, Knechten T, Ollesch J, Schünemann D. A unique sequence motif in the 54-kDa subunit of the chloroplast signal recognition particle mediates binding to the 43-kDa subunit. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:8912-7 pubmed..Alignment studies revealed that the cpSRP43-binding site is conserved in chloroplast SRP54 proteins and is not present in any SRP54 subunit of cytosolic SRPs. ..
- Will G, Soukupova M, Hong X, Erdmann K, Kiel J, Dodt G, et al. Identification and characterization of the human orthologue of yeast Pex14p. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:2265-77 pubmed..The role of HsPex14p in mammalian peroxisome biogenesis makes HsPEX14 a candidate PBD gene for being responsible for an unrecognized complementation group of human peroxisome biogenesis disorders. ..
- Henke B, Girzalsky W, Berteaux Lecellier V, Erdmann R. IDP3 encodes a peroxisomal NADP-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase required for the beta-oxidation of unsaturated fatty acids. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:3702-11 pubmed..cerevisiae contain the enzyme equipment needed for the degradation of unsaturated fatty acids, including an NADP-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase, a putative constituent of a peroxisomal NADPH-regenerating redox system. ..