Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rats in Bochum, North Rhine Westphalia, Germany
Locale: Bochum, North Rhine Westphalia, Germany
- Kemp A, Manahan Vaughan D. The 5-hydroxytryptamine4 receptor exhibits frequency-dependent properties in synaptic plasticity and behavioural metaplasticity in the hippocampal CA1 region in vivo. Cereb Cortex. 2005;15:1037-43 pubmed..Together, these findings suggest a key role for 5-HT4 receptors in the regulation of synaptic plasticity and the determination of the particular properties of stored synaptic information. ..
- Yousef T, Neubacher U, Eysel U, Volgushev M. Nitric oxide synthase in rat visual cortex: an immunohistochemical study. Brain Res Brain Res Protoc. 2004;13:57-67 pubmed..However, with antibodies against eNOS, we never observed neurone-specific cell features. The NOS-containing cells found in our present study represent a possible morphological substrate for production of nitric oxide (NO). ..
- Blöchl A, Blumenstein L, Ahmadian M. Inactivation and activation of Ras by the neurotrophin receptor p75. Eur J Neurosci. 2004;20:2321-35 pubmed..p75 also influences Rho activation and inactivation, and the combined interactions of the receptor with the two GTPases Ras and Rho can regulate neurite formation in an efficient, synergistic way. ..
- Haghikia A, Ladage K, Hinkerohe D, Vollmar P, Heupel K, Dermietzel R, et al. Implications of antiinflammatory properties of the anticonvulsant drug levetiracetam in astrocytes. J Neurosci Res. 2008;86:1781-8 pubmed publisher..Cumulatively, our results provide evidence for antiinflammatory properties of levetiracetam in seizure treatment. ..
- Weiss T, Bruning T, Bolt H. Dephenylation of the rubber chemical N-phenyl-2-naphthylamine to carcinogenic 2-naphthylamine: a classical problem revisited. Crit Rev Toxicol. 2007;37:553-66 pubmed..The assumption, which may well be an overestimation, is compatible with findings in animal experiments, and explains the lack of direct evidence of carcinogenicity of PBNA in both experimental and epidemiological studies. ..
- Rothermel M, Ng B, Grabska Barwinska A, Hatt H, Jancke D. Nasal chemosensory-stimulation evoked activity patterns in the rat trigeminal ganglion visualized by in vivo voltage-sensitive dye imaging. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26158 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results provide the first direct insights into the spatial representation of nasal chemosensory information within the trigeminal ganglion imaged at high temporal resolution. ..
- Feldhaus B, Dietzel I, Heumann R, Berger R. Effects of interferon-gamma and tumor necrosis factor-alpha on survival and differentiation of oligodendrocyte progenitors. J Soc Gynecol Investig. 2004;11:89-96 pubmed..0 +/- 0.3% A2B5-positive cells. Inflammatory cytokines not only induced apoptotic cell death but also prevented the differentiation of immature A2B5 oligodendrocyte progenitors into the myelinating phenotype. ..
- Joachim S, Gramlich O, Laspas P, Schmid H, Beck S, von Pein H, et al. Retinal ganglion cell loss is accompanied by antibody depositions and increased levels of microglia after immunization with retinal antigens. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40616 pubmed publisher..This seems to lead to glia cell activation as well as the invasion of microglia, which might be associated with debris clearance. ..
- Lilienthal H, Heikkinen P, Andersson P, Viluksela M. Sexually dimorphic behavior after developmental exposure to characterize endocrine-mediated effects of different non-dioxin-like PCBs in rats. Toxicology. 2013;311:52-60 pubmed publisher..Comparison with data from the literature reveals little evidence for a relation to anti-androgenic activity of the studied NDL-PCBs. ..
- Kutzleb C, Petrasch Parwez E, Kilimann M. Cellular and subcellular localization of paralemmin-1, a protein involved in cell shape control, in the rat brain, adrenal gland and kidney. Histochem Cell Biol. 2007;127:13-30 pubmed..The findings are consistent with a role for paralemmin-1 in the formation and stabilization of plasma membrane elaborations, in neurons as well as in other cell types. ..
- Roser P, Haussleiter I. Antipsychotic-like effects of cannabidiol and rimonabant: systematic review of animal and human studies. Curr Pharm Des. 2012;18:5141-55 pubmed..The results predominantly confirm the hypothesis of an antipsychotic activity of both cannabinoids. In comparison, cannabidiol appears to be superior to rimonabant with a pharmacological profile similar to atypical antipsychotic drugs. ..
- Hamdani N, Krysiak J, Kreusser M, Neef S, dos Remedios C, Maier L, et al. Crucial role for Ca2(+)/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase-II in regulating diastolic stress of normal and failing hearts via titin phosphorylation. Circ Res. 2013;112:664-74 pubmed publisher..CaMKII phosphorylates the titin springs at conserved serines/threonines, thereby lowering F(passive). Deranged CaMKII-dependent titin phosphorylation occurs in heart failure and contributes to altered diastolic stress. ..
- Blaszczyk W, Arning L, Hoffmann K, Epplen J. A Tyrosinase missense mutation causes albinism in the Wistar rat. Pigment Cell Res. 2005;18:144-5 pubmed..As this very exchange has already been described in OCA patients, our findings reinforce the significance of this region for normal catalytic activity of tyrosinase protein...
- Grabert J, Wahle P. Visual experience regulates Kv3.1b and Kv3.2 expression in developing rat visual cortex. Neuroscience. 2009;158:654-64 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that an altered expression of Kv3 channels affects the functional properties of FS neurons, and may contribute to the deficits in inhibition observed in the sensory-deprived cortex. ..
- Garwood J, Theocharidis U, Calco V, Dobbertin A, Faissner A. Existence of tenascin-C isoforms in rat that contain the alternatively spliced AD1 domain are developmentally regulated during hippocampal development. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2012;32:279-87 pubmed publisher..During hippocampal development AD1 and the other alternatively spliced domains are differentially expressed as shown by RT-PCRs, immunocytochemistry and in situ hybridizations. ..
- Sergeeva O, Kletke O, Kragler A, Poppek A, Fleischer W, Schubring S, et al. Fragrant dioxane derivatives identify beta1-subunit-containing GABAA receptors. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:23985-93 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, with the help of FDDs we reveal a functional expression of beta1-containing GABA(A)Rs in the hypothalamus, offering a new tool for studies on the functional diversity of native GABA(A)Rs. ..
- Gertz M, Fischer F, Leipelt M, Wolters D, Steegborn C. Identification of Peroxiredoxin 1 as a novel interaction partner for the lifespan regulator protein p66Shc. Aging (Albany NY). 2009;1:254-65 pubmed..Our results indicate that p66CH2CB and Prx1 form a stress-sensing complex that keeps p66Shc inactive at moderate stress levels. ..
- Theiss C, Meller K. Aluminum impairs gap junctional intercellular communication between astroglial cells in vitro. Cell Tissue Res. 2002;310:143-54 pubmed
- Schmitt I, Bächner D, Megow D, Henklein P, Hameister H, Epplen J, et al. Expression of the Huntington disease gene in rodents: cloning the rat homologue and evidence for downregulation in non-neuronal tissues during development. Hum Mol Genet. 1995;4:1173-82 pubmed..In contrast, the expression in non-neuronal tissues is markedly reduced in adult animals and corresponds to the restricted distribution of neuropathologic changes observed in HD patients. ..
- Grabert J, Jost B, Patz S, Wahle P, Wahle P, Schmidt M. GABA(C) receptors are expressed in GABAergic and non-GABAergic neurons of the rat superior colliculus and visual cortex. Exp Brain Res. 2009;199:245-52 pubmed publisher..The results show that in the SGS primarily GABAergic neurons express GABA(C) receptors whereas the majority of tectothalamic calbindin neurons and intrinsically projecting parvalbumin neurons do not. ..
- Kesting M, Loeffelbein D, Steinstraesser L, Muecke T, Demtroeder C, Sommerer F, et al. Cryopreserved human amniotic membrane for soft tissue repair in rats. Ann Plast Surg. 2008;60:684-91 pubmed publisher..The results of this study might pave the way for the use of cryopreserved HAM as graft material in reconstructive surgery. ..
- Franssen C, Chen S, Unger A, Korkmaz H, De Keulenaer G, TschÃ¶pe C, et al. Myocardial Microvascular Inflammatory Endothelial Activation in Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction. JACC Heart Fail. 2016;4:312-24 pubmed publisher..TheseÂ lead to a reduction of NO-dependent signalling from endothelial cells to cardiomyocytes, which can contribute to the high cardiomyocyte stiffness and hypertrophy observed in HFpEF. ..
- Joachim S, Wax M, Boehm N, Dirk D, Pfeiffer N, Grus F. Upregulation of antibody response to heat shock proteins and tissue antigens in an ocular ischemia model. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:3468-74 pubmed publisher..The upregulation of anti-HSP 27 antibodies might be an attempt to protect the tissue from ischemic damage. ..
- Napirei M, Gültekin A, Kloeckl T, Moroy T, Frostegard J, Mannherz H. Systemic lupus-erythematosus: deoxyribonuclease 1 in necrotic chromatin disposal. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2006;38:297-306 pubmed..Here, we concentrate on chromatin disposal during necrosis and the involvement of Deoxyribonuclease 1 in this process with respect to its possible role in the prevention of anti-nuclear auto-immunity. ..
- Gossen M, Schmitt I, Obst K, Wahle P, Epplen J, Riess O. cDNA cloning and expression of rsca1, the rat counterpart of the human spinocerebellar ataxia type 1 gene. Hum Mol Genet. 1996;5:381-9 pubmed..The rsca1 gene is predominantly expressed in brain throughout all developmental stages. In situ hybridizations reveal high levels of expression in various regions of the adult rat brain, including cerebellum, hippocampus and cortex. ..
- Seebohm G, Neumann S, Theiss C, Novkovic T, Hill E, Tavare J, et al. Identification of a novel signaling pathway and its relevance for GluA1 recycling. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33889 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate for the first time an involvement of PIKfyve and PI(3,5)P(2) in NMDA receptor-triggered synaptic GluA1 trafficking. This new regulatory pathway of GluA1 may contribute to synaptic plasticity and memory. ..
- Faustmann P, Haase C, Romberg S, Hinkerohe D, Szlachta D, Smikalla D, et al. Microglia activation influences dye coupling and Cx43 expression of the astrocytic network. Glia. 2003;42:101-8 pubmed
- Popkirov S, Manahan Vaughan D. Involvement of the metabotropic glutamate receptor mGluR5 in NMDA receptor-dependent, learning-facilitated long-term depression in CA1 synapses. Cereb Cortex. 2011;21:501-9 pubmed publisher..These data support a pivotal role for mGluR5 in both hippocampal LTD and the acquisition of object-place configurations. ..
- Ma S, G G, Ak V, Jf D, H H. Menthol derivative WS-12 selectively activates transient receptor potential melastatin-8 (TRPM8) ion channels. Pak J Pharm Sci. 2008;21:370-8 pubmed
- Schlicker K, Schmidt M. Contribution of GABA(C) receptors to inhibition in the rodent accessory optic system. Exp Brain Res. 2009;199:235-44 pubmed publisher..This, together with earlier results, suggests that GABA(C) receptors play a general role for the control of neuronal excitability in subcortical visual pathways. ..
- Peskar B, Ehrlich K, Schuligoi R, Peskar B. Role of lipoxygenases and the lipoxin A(4)/annexin 1 receptor in ischemia-reperfusion-induced gastric mucosal damage in rats. Pharmacology. 2009;84:294-9 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that not only cyclooxygenases, but also lipoxygenases have a role in limiting gastric mucosal damage during ischemia-reperfusion. ..
- Stienen M, Haghikia A, Dambach H, Thone J, Wiemann M, Gold R, et al. Anti-inflammatory effects of the anticonvulsant drug levetiracetam on electrophysiological properties of astroglia are mediated via TGFβ1 regulation. Br J Pharmacol. 2011;162:491-507 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that LEV is likely to reduce the harmful spread of excitation elicited by seizure events within the astro-glial functional syncytium, with stabilizing consequences for neuronal-glial interactions. ..
- Weiss T, Bolt H, Schlüter G, Koslitz S, Taeger D, Welge P, et al. Metabolic dephenylation of the rubber antioxidant N-phenyl-2-naphthylamine to carcinogenic 2-naphthylamine in rats. Arch Toxicol. 2013;87:1265-72 pubmed publisher..The results show that 2NA derived from dephenylation of P2NA enters the carcinogenic downstream pathway of 2NA in rats. Hence, the bladder cancer risk after human exposures to P2NA must be re-evaluated. ..
- Kötter S, Unger A, Hamdani N, Lang P, Vorgerd M, Nagel Steger L, et al. Human myocytes are protected from titin aggregation-induced stiffening by small heat shock proteins. J Cell Biol. 2014;204:187-202 pubmed publisher..We conclude that aggregation of unfolded titin Ig domains stiffens myocytes and that sHSPs translocate to these domains to prevent this aggregation. ..
- Hamad M, Jack A, Klatt O, Lorkowski M, Strasdeit T, Kott S, et al. Type I TARPs promote dendritic growth of early postnatal neocortical pyramidal cells in organotypic cultures. Development. 2014;141:1737-48 pubmed publisher..Indeed, the effect of ?-8 overexpression was reversed by APV, indicating a contribution of NMDA receptors. Our results suggest that selected type I TARPs influence activity-dependent dendritogenesis of immature pyramidal neurons. ..
- Buitkamp J, Schwaiger F, Solinas Toldo S, Fries R, Epplen J. The bovine interleukin-4 gene: genomic organization, localization, and evolution. Mamm Genome. 1995;6:350-6 pubmed..The IL4 gene has been assigned to 7q15-q21 by fluorescence in situ hybridization in cattle. Evolutionary aspects are discussed on the basis of sequence data as well as interspecies chromosomal homologies. ..
- Mayer P, Mohlig M, Schatz H, Pfeiffer A. New isoforms of multifunctional calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II. FEBS Lett. 1993;333:315-8 pubmed..The homologous domains are highly conserved. Therefore, it might be the case that the constitution of the variable domains is more significant for a certain isoform than its belonging to one of the 4 subtypes alpha to delta. ..
- Milting H, Heilmeyer L, Thieleczek R. Cloning of a phospholipase C-delta 1 of rabbit skeletal muscle. J Muscle Res Cell Motil. 1996;17:79-84 pubmed
- Mann S, Hoffmann G, Hengstenberg A, Schuhmann W, Dietzel I. Pulse-mode scanning ion conductance microscopy--a method to investigate cultured hippocampal cells. J Neurosci Methods. 2002;116:113-7 pubmed..We demonstrate the applicability by showing first high-resolution images of neural cells produced with the pulse-mode operated SICM. ..
- Pöschel B, Wroblewska B, Heinemann U, Manahan Vaughan D. The metabotropic glutamate receptor mGluR3 is critically required for hippocampal long-term depression and modulates long-term potentiation in the dentate gyrus of freely moving rats. Cereb Cortex. 2005;15:1414-23 pubmed..Our data suggest an essential role for mGluR3 in LTD, and a modulatory role for mGluR3 in LTP, with effects being mediated by distinct pre- and post-synaptic loci. ..
- Grabert J, Wahle P. Neuronal activity and TrkB ligands influence Kv3.1b and Kv3.2 expression in developing cortical interneurons. Neuroscience. 2008;156:618-29 pubmed publisher..The results show that Kv3.1b/3.2 expression is differentially controlled by neuronal activity and neurotrophic factors. ..
- Gertz M, Fischer F, Wolters D, Steegborn C. Activation of the lifespan regulator p66Shc through reversible disulfide bond formation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:5705-9 pubmed publisher..Glutathione and thioredoxins can reduce and inactivate p66(Shc), resulting in a thiol-based redox sensor system that initiates apoptosis once cellular protection systems cannot cope anymore with cellular stress...
- Russwurm M, Wittau N, Koesling D. Guanylyl cyclase/PSD-95 interaction: targeting of the nitric oxide-sensitive alpha2beta1 guanylyl cyclase to synaptic membranes. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:44647-52 pubmed
- Dobbertin A, Czvitkovich S, Theocharidis U, Garwood J, Andrews M, Properzi F, et al. Analysis of combinatorial variability reveals selective accumulation of the fibronectin type III domains B and D of tenascin-C in injured brain. Exp Neurol. 2010;225:60-73 pubmed publisher..We identified complex injury-induced differential regulations of Tnc isoforms that may well influence axonal regeneration and repair processes in the damaged CNS. ..
- Schneider S, Feilen P, Schreckenberger M, Schwanstecher M, Schwanstecher C, Buchholz H, et al. In vitro and in vivo evaluation of novel glibenclamide derivatives as imaging agents for the non-invasive assessment of the pancreatic islet cell mass in animals and humans. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. 2005;113:388-95 pubmed..The development of a (99 m)Tc-labelled glibenclamide derivative with a lower lipophilicity and differing in vivo behaviour, glibenclamide based compounds for non-invasive imaging of the pancreatic islet cell mass may be possible...
- Leichsenring A, Bäcker I, Wendt W, Andriske M, Schmitz B, Stichel C, et al. Differential expression of Cathepsin S and X in the spinal cord of a rat neuropathic pain model. BMC Neurosci. 2008;9:80 pubmed publisher..The cellular distribution and the spatio-temporal development of the altered expression of CATS and CATX suggest that these proteins are important players in the spinal mechanisms involved in chronic pain induction and maintenance. ..
- Tapken D, Hollmann M. Arabidopsis thaliana glutamate receptor ion channel function demonstrated by ion pore transplantation. J Mol Biol. 2008;383:36-48 pubmed publisher..1 ion pore match those of glutamate-activated currents, depolarisations, and glutamate-triggered Ca(2+) influxes observed in plant cells. We conclude that some AtGLRs have functional non-selective cation pores. ..
- Born G, Schmidt M. A reciprocal connection between the ventral lateral geniculate nucleus and the pretectal nuclear complex and the superior colliculus: an in vitro characterization in the rat. Vis Neurosci. 2008;25:39-51 pubmed publisher..Finally, retrograde double labeling experiments with two different fluorescent dextran amines indicated that pretectal neurons which project to the ipsilateral vLGN also project to the ipsilateral SC. ..
- Weyhe D, Schmitz I, Belyaev O, Grabs R, Muller K, Uhl W, et al. Experimental comparison of monofile light and heavy polypropylene meshes: less weight does not mean less biological response. World J Surg. 2006;30:1586-91 pubmed..Thus, the amount of implanted mesh was not the main determinant of biocompatibility (expressed as successful incorporation and diminished foreign-body reaction) but the size of the pores. ..
- Russwurm C, Zoidl G, Koesling D, Russwurm M. Dual acylation of PDE2A splice variant 3: targeting to synaptic membranes. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:25782-90 pubmed publisher..In sum, these results demonstrate dual acylation as mechanism targeting neuronal PDE2A3 to synapses thereby ensuring local control of cyclic nucleotides. ..
- Joachim S, Renner M, Reinhard J, Theiss C, May C, Lohmann S, et al. Protective effects on the retina after ranibizumab treatment in an ischemia model. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182407 pubmed publisher..004). Our findings demonstrate that photoreceptors and RGCs are protected by ranibizumab treatment. Only amacrine cells cannot be rescued. They seem to be particularly sensitive to ischemic damage and need maybe an earlier intervention. ..
- Schmitt I, Epplen J, Riess O. Predominant neuronal expression of the gene responsible for dentatorubral-pallidoluysian atrophy (DRPLA) in rat. Hum Mol Genet. 1995;4:1619-24 pubmed..In addition this transcript is predominantly represented in neuronal tissues throughout all developmental stages investigated. ..
- Haghikia A, Ladage K, Lafenetre P, Haghikia A, Hinkerohe D, Smikalla D, et al. Intracellular application of TNF-alpha impairs cell to cell communication via gap junctions in glioma cells. J Neurooncol. 2008;86:143-52 pubmed..Here we show that TNF-alpha increases the level of phosphorylated Cx43 in primary astrocytes but not in the F98 glioma cells. Our observations could account for the decreased regulatory effects of TNF-alpha on GJIC of F98 glioma cells. ..
- Tsanov M, Manahan Vaughan D. Synaptic plasticity in the adult visual cortex is regulated by the metabotropic glutamate receptor, mGluR5. Exp Brain Res. 2009;199:391-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the higher sensitivity of mGluR expression to antagonism of mGluR5 in VC compared to the hippocampus suggests that mGluR5 regulates plasticity phenomena in these structures by means of distinct mGluR-dependent processes. ..
- Bunse S, Locovei S, Schmidt M, Qiu F, Zoidl G, Dahl G, et al. The potassium channel subunit Kvbeta3 interacts with pannexin 1 and attenuates its sensitivity to changes in redox potentials. FEBS J. 2009;276:6258-70 pubmed publisher..The influence of Kvbeta3 on Panx1 is the first example of modulation of Panx1 channel function(s) by interacting proteins, and suggests the physiological importance of sensing changes in redox potentials. ..
- Lilienthal H, Van der Ven L, Piersma A, Vos J. Effects of the brominated flame retardant hexabromocyclododecane (HBCD) on dopamine-dependent behavior and brainstem auditory evoked potentials in a one-generation reproduction study in Wistar rats. Toxicol Lett. 2009;185:63-72 pubmed publisher..Tissue concentrations at the BMDL values obtained in this study were 3-4 orders of magnitude higher than current exposure levels in humans. ..
- Happel P, Thatenhorst D, Dietzel I. Scanning ion conductance microscopy for studying biological samples. Sensors (Basel). 2012;12:14983-5008 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we show that in principle, a combination of SICM and ion selective micro-electrodes enables one to monitor the local ion activity surrounding a living cell. ..
- Mues C, Zhou J, Manolopoulos K, Korsten P, Schmoll D, Klotz L, et al. Regulation of glucose-6-phosphatase gene expression by insulin and metformin. Horm Metab Res. 2009;41:730-5 pubmed publisher..These data indicate a differential AMPK-dependent regulation of G6Pase gene expression by insulin and metformin under basal and dexamethasone/cAMP-stimulated conditions. ..
- Shelukhina I, Spirova E, Kudryavtsev D, Ojomoko L, Werner M, Methfessel C, et al. Calcium imaging with genetically encoded sensor Case12: Facile analysis of ?7/?9 nAChR mutants. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181936 pubmed publisher..The L119D mutation of ?7 nAChR, showing a larger effect for epibatidine than for acetylcholine, may implicate this position in pharmacological differences between ?7 and ?9 nAChRs. ..
- Simmet T, Pritze S, Thelen K, Peskar B. Release of endothelin in the oleic acid-induced respiratory distress syndrome in rats. Eur J Pharmacol. 1992;211:319-22 pubmed..In light of the biological effects of ET, the data suggest that these peptides might be of pathophysiological significance in this model of adult respiratory distress syndrome. ..
- Czopka T, von Holst A, Schmidt G, Ffrench Constant C, Faissner A. Tenascin C and tenascin R similarly prevent the formation of myelin membranes in a RhoA-dependent manner, but antagonistically regulate the expression of myelin basic protein via a separate pathway. Glia. 2009;57:1790-801 pubmed publisher..Because Tnc and Tnr play antagonistic roles for differentiation and comparably inhibit morphologic maturation, we conclude that independent molecular pathways regulate these processes. ..
- Hu B, Copeland N, Gilbert D, Jenkins N, Kilimann M. The paralemmin protein family: identification of paralemmin-2, an isoform differentially spliced to AKAP2/AKAP-KL, and of palmdelphin, a more distant cytosolic relative. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;285:1369-76 pubmed..The N-terminal coiled-coil region is conserved in paralemmin-1, paralemmin-2/AKAP2, palmdelphin and a fourth, uncharacterized gene, suggesting that it is a modular functional domain. ..
- Manahan Vaughan D, Wildförster V, Thomsen C. Rescue of hippocampal LTP and learning deficits in a rat model of psychosis by inhibition of glycine transporter-1 (GlyT1). Eur J Neurosci. 2008;28:1342-50 pubmed publisher..Use of the inhibitor in healthy subjects is neither beneficial to synaptic plasticity nor hippocampus-dependent learning. ..
- Ballantyne D, Andrzejewski M, Muckenhoff K, Scheid P. Rhythms, synchrony and electrical coupling in the Locus coeruleus. Respir Physiol Neurobiol. 2004;143:199-214 pubmed..Within the LC nucleus carbenoxolone-sensitive electrical coupling, which may involve neurone-glia as well as neurone-neurone interactions, may be required not just for synchronization, but also for the maintenance of rhythm. ..
- David Jürgens M, Churs L, Berkefeld T, Zepka R, Dinse H. Differential effects of aging on fore- and hindpaw maps of rat somatosensory cortex. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3399 pubmed publisher..As a consequence, age-related changes need not be irreversible but can be subject to amelioration through training and stimulation. ..
- Altinbilek B, Manahan Vaughan D. A specific role for group II metabotropic glutamate receptors in hippocampal long-term depression and spatial memory. Neuroscience. 2009;158:149-58 pubmed publisher..These findings support the importance of group II mGluRs for spatial memory formation and offer a further link between LTD and the encoding of spatial information in the hippocampus. ..
- Lemon N, Manahan Vaughan D. Dopamine D1/D5 receptors gate the acquisition of novel information through hippocampal long-term potentiation and long-term depression. J Neurosci. 2006;26:7723-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that the dopaminergic system, acting via D1/D5 receptors, gates long-term changes in synaptic strength and that these changes are a critical factor in the acquisition of novel information. ..
- Schneider S, Ueberberg S, Korobeynikov A, Schechinger W, Schwanstecher C, Schwanstecher M, et al. Synthesis and evaluation of a glibenclamide glucose-conjugate: a potential new lead compound for substituted glibenclamide derivatives as islet imaging agents. Regul Pept. 2007;139:122-7 pubmed..Therefore, the glucose-conjugate could be a potential lead compound for the design of substituted glibenclamide derivatives as islet imaging ligands...
- Petrasch Parwez E, Nguyen H, Löbbecke Schumacher M, Habbes H, Wieczorek S, Riess O, et al. Cellular and subcellular localization of Huntingtin [corrected] aggregates in the brain of a rat transgenic for Huntington disease. J Comp Neurol. 2007;501:716-30 pubmed