Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on protein binding in Bochum, North Rhine Westphalia, Germany
Locale: Bochum, North Rhine Westphalia, Germany
Topic: protein binding
- Wehner M, Herrmann C. Biochemical properties of the human guanylate binding protein 5 and a tumor-specific truncated splice variant. FEBS J. 2010;277:1597-605 pubmed publisher..Based on these similarities we speculate that the missing C-terminal part, which also carries the geranylgeranylation motif, is the reason for the dysregulation of hGBP5's function in lymphoma cells. ..
- Kunzelmann S, Praefcke G, Herrmann C. Transient kinetic investigation of GTP hydrolysis catalyzed by interferon-gamma-induced hGBP1 (human guanylate binding protein 1). J Biol Chem. 2006;281:28627-35 pubmed..The assembled forms of the GDP- and GMP-bound states of hGBP1 are accessible only through GTP binding and hydrolysis and achieve a lifetime of a few seconds. ..
- Jenrich R, Trompetter I, Bak S, Olsen C, Møller B, Piotrowski M. Evolution of heteromeric nitrilase complexes in Poaceae with new functions in nitrile metabolism. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:18848-53 pubmed..Through combinatorial biochemistry and neofunctionalizations, the small family of nitrilases has gained diverse biological functions in nitrile metabolism...
- Sander I, Rozynek P, Rihs H, van Kampen V, Chew F, Lee W, et al. Multiple wheat flour allergens and cross-reactive carbohydrate determinants bind IgE in baker's asthma. Allergy. 2011;66:1208-15 pubmed publisher..The single allergen sensitization profiles obtained with 17 recombinant wheat flour allergens and two CCDs revealed no major allergen for German bakers. The highest frequencies were found for ?-amylase inhibitors and CCDs...
- Richardt A, Kemme T, Wagner S, Schwarzer D, Marahiel M, Hovemann B. Ebony, a novel nonribosomal peptide synthetase for beta-alanine conjugation with biogenic amines in Drosophila. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:41160-6 pubmed..We propose that in the Drosophila eye Ebony is involved in the transmission process by inactivation of histamine through beta-alanyl conjugation. ..
- Stenzel N, Fetzer C, Heumann R, Erdmann K. PDZ-domain-directed basolateral targeting of the peripheral membrane protein FRMPD2 in epithelial cells. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:3374-84 pubmed publisher..Our results provide novel insights into the molecular function of FRMPD2 and into the targeting mechanism of peripheral membrane proteins in polarized epithelial cells. ..
- Linke W, Hamdani N. Gigantic business: titin properties and function through thick and thin. Circ Res. 2014;114:1052-68 pubmed publisher..Along the way we distinguish among titin alterations in systolic and in diastolic heart failure and ponder the evidence for titin stiffness as a potential target for pharmacological intervention in heart disease. ..
- Alev C, Urschel S, Sonntag S, Zoidl G, Fort A, Höher T, et al. The neuronal connexin36 interacts with and is phosphorylated by CaMKII in a way similar to CaMKII interaction with glutamate receptors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:20964-9 pubmed publisher..In analogy to the current notion of NR2B interaction with CaMKII, we propose a model that provides a mechanistic framework for CaMKII and Cx36 interaction at electrical synapses. ..
- Middelhaufe S, Garzia L, Ohndorf U, Kachholz B, Zollo M, Steegborn C. Domain mapping on the human metastasis regulator protein h-Prune reveals a C-terminal dimerization domain. Biochem J. 2007;407:199-205 pubmed..Our findings indicate that h-Prune is composed of two independent active sites and two interaction sites for the assembly of oligomeric signalling complexes. ..
- Hovemann B, Reim I, Werner S, Katz S, Saumweber H. The protein Hrb57A of Drosophila melanogaster closely related to hnRNP K from vertebrates is present at sites active in transcription and coprecipitates with four RNA-binding proteins. Gene. 2000;245:127-37 pubmed
- Strutz Seebohm N, Pusch M, Wolf S, Stoll R, Tapken D, Gerwert K, et al. Structural basis of slow activation gating in the cardiac I Ks channel complex. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2011;27:443-52 pubmed publisher..Formation of this state may induce slow activation gating, the pivotal characteristic of native cardiac I(Ks) channels. This new KCNQ1-KCNE1 model may become useful for dynamic modeling of disease-associated mutant I(Ks) channels. ..
- Czech I, Stripp S, Sanganas O, Leidel N, Happe T, Haumann M. The [FeFe]-hydrogenase maturation protein HydF contains a H-cluster like [4Fe4S]-2Fe site. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:225-30 pubmed publisher..Presumably, only the 2Fe cluster is transferred from HydF to HydA1, thereby forming the active site...
- Joachim S, Renner M, Reinhard J, Theiss C, May C, Lohmann S, et al. Protective effects on the retina after ranibizumab treatment in an ischemia model. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182407 pubmed publisher..004). Our findings demonstrate that photoreceptors and RGCs are protected by ranibizumab treatment. Only amacrine cells cannot be rescued. They seem to be particularly sensitive to ischemic damage and need maybe an earlier intervention. ..
- Rexroth S, Poetsch A, Rögner M, Hamann A, Werner A, Osiewacz H, et al. Reactive oxygen species target specific tryptophan site in the mitochondrial ATP synthase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1817:381-7 pubmed publisher..A putative metal binding site in the proximity of this tryptophan residue appears to be crucial for the molecular mechanism for the selective targeting of oxidative damage. ..
- Bloemendal S, Bernhards Y, Bartho K, Dettmann A, Voigt O, Teichert I, et al. A homologue of the human STRIPAK complex controls sexual development in fungi. Mol Microbiol. 2012;84:310-23 pubmed publisher..In S. macrospora, truncation of PRO11 and PRO22 leads to distinct defects in sexual development and cell fusion, indicating a role for the fungal STRIPAK complex in both processes. ..
- Ballweber E, Hannappel E, Huff T, Stephan H, Haener M, Taschner N, et al. Polymerisation of chemically cross-linked actin:thymosin beta(4) complex to filamentous actin: alteration in helical parameters and visualisation of thymosin beta(4) binding on F-actin. J Mol Biol. 2002;315:613-25 pubmed..However, parts of the difference map might represent subtle conformational changes of both proteins occurring upon complex formation. ..
- Niederhoff K, Meindl Beinker N, Kerssen D, Perband U, Schafer A, Schliebs W, et al. Yeast Pex14p possesses two functionally distinct Pex5p and one Pex7p binding sites. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:35571-8 pubmed
- Depping R, Lohaus C, Meyer H, Rüger W. The mono-ADP-ribosyltransferases Alt and ModB of bacteriophage T4: target proteins identified. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;335:1217-23 pubmed..E. coli trigger factor and the elongation factor EF-Tu were 2 targets of ModB action, and these proteins were among the 10 identified as targets of Alt, hinting that these factors are involved in phage replication. ..
- Wiethaus J, Schubert B, Pfänder Y, Narberhaus F, Masepohl B. The GntR-like regulator TauR activates expression of taurine utilization genes in Rhodobacter capsulatus. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:487-93 pubmed..In contrast, all other members of the GntR family analyzed so far bind to inverted repeats. ..
- Ohm T, Wegner A. Random copolymerization of ATP-actin and ADP-actin. Biochemistry. 1991;30:11193-7 pubmed..According to the analysis of the critical concentrations, the equilibrium constants for incorporation of ATP-actin or ADP-actin into filaments were independent of the type of nucleotide bound to contiguous subunits. ..
- Rihs H, Chen Z, Ru ff F, Petersen A, Rozynek P, Heimann H, et al. IgE binding of the recombinant allergen soybean profilin (rGly m 3) is mediated by conformational epitopes. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 1999;104:1293-301 pubmed..rGly m 3 represents a new soybean allergen with well-characterized primary sequence, and its IgE-binding reactivity is mediated by conformational epitopes...
- Voelkel T, Andresen C, Unger A, Just S, Rottbauer W, Linke W. Lysine methyltransferase Smyd2 regulates Hsp90-mediated protection of the sarcomeric titin springs and cardiac function. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1833:812-22 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Cardiomyocyte Biology: Cardiac Pathways of Differentiation, Metabolism and Contraction. ..
- Eckert J, Johnsson N. Pex10p links the ubiquitin conjugating enzyme Pex4p to the protein import machinery of the peroxisome. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:3623-34 pubmed..A yeast strain harboring a deletion of PEX3 enabled us to estimate the influence of the peroxisomal membrane on the formation of a subset of the investigated protein-protein interactions. ..
- Blöchl A, Blumenstein L, Ahmadian M. Inactivation and activation of Ras by the neurotrophin receptor p75. Eur J Neurosci. 2004;20:2321-35 pubmed..p75 also influences Rho activation and inactivation, and the combined interactions of the receptor with the two GTPases Ras and Rho can regulate neurite formation in an efficient, synergistic way. ..
- Hoff B, Kück U. Use of bimolecular fluorescence complementation to demonstrate transcription factor interaction in nuclei of living cells from the filamentous fungus Acremonium chrysogenum. Curr Genet. 2005;47:132-8 pubmed..The nuclear localization of the protein-protein interaction was verified by staining fungal cells with the nucleic acid dye TOTO-3...
- Mannherz H, Ballweber E, Galla M, Villard S, Granier C, Steegborn C, et al. Mapping the ADF/cofilin binding site on monomeric actin by competitive cross-linking and peptide array: evidence for a second binding site on monomeric actin. J Mol Biol. 2007;366:745-55 pubmed..In the absence of any crystal structures of ADF or cofilin in complex with actin, these studies provide further information about the binding sites on F-actin for these important actin regulatory proteins. ..
- Grunau S, Lay D, Mindthoff S, Platta H, Girzalsky W, Just W, et al. The phosphoinositide 3-kinase Vps34p is required for pexophagy in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochem J. 2011;434:161-70 pubmed publisher..This demonstrates that PtdIns3P-mediated signalling is required for pexophagy. ..
- Hoff B, Kamerewerd J, Sigl C, Mitterbauer R, Zadra I, Kürnsteiner H, et al. Two components of a velvet-like complex control hyphal morphogenesis, conidiophore development, and penicillin biosynthesis in Penicillium chrysogenum. Eukaryot Cell. 2010;9:1236-50 pubmed publisher..chrysogenum, with structurally conserved components that have distinct developmental roles, illustrating the functional plasticity of these regulators in genera other than Aspergillus...
- Vöpel T, Syguda A, Britzen Laurent N, Kunzelmann S, Lüdemann M, Dovengerds C, et al. Mechanism of GTPase-activity-induced self-assembly of human guanylate binding protein 1. J Mol Biol. 2010;400:63-70 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we demonstrate the impact of this intramolecular communication on the enzymatic activity of hGBP1 and on its cellular localization. ..
- Sakinc T, Kleine B, Michalski N, Kaase M, Gatermann S. SdrI of Staphylococcus saprophyticus is a multifunctional protein: localization of the fibronectin-binding site. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2009;301:28-34 pubmed publisher..The fibronectin-binding function was shown in the natural host using an SdrI knockout mutant that showed decreased binding to fibronectin compared with wild-type strain 7108. ..
- Rump K, Siffert W, Peters J, Adamzik M. The Transcription Factor NMP4 Binds to the AQP5 Promoter and Is a Novel Transcriptional Regulator of the AQP5 Gene. DNA Cell Biol. 2016;35:322-7 pubmed publisher..5-fold in HEK293 cells. Summarizing, we identified NMP4 as a novel transcriptional regulator of AQP5 expression, which binds to two AQP5 promoter regions. Both regions appear to impact AQP5 expression significantly. ..
- Kunau W, Erdmann R. Peroxisome biogenesis: back to the endoplasmic reticulum?. Curr Biol. 1998;8:R299-302 pubmed..Recent observations suggest a further route: a subset of peroxisomal membrane proteins might be targeted first to the endoplasmic reticulum, and from there to peroxisomes by vesicle-mediated transport...
- Syguda A, Bauer M, Benscheid U, Ostler N, Naschberger E, Ince S, et al. Tetramerization of human guanylate-binding protein 1 is mediated by coiled-coil formation of the C-terminal ?-helices. FEBS J. 2012;279:2544-54 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we can demonstrate the biological relevance of hGBP1 tetramer formation in living cells by chemical cross-link experiments. ..
- Molitor B, Stassen M, Modi A, El Mashtoly S, Laurich C, Lubitz W, et al. A heme-based redox sensor in the methanogenic archaeon Methanosarcina acetivorans. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:18458-72 pubmed publisher..On the basis of our results, we postulate a heme-based redox/dimethyl sulfide sensory function of MA4561 and propose to designate it MsmS (methyl sulfide methyltransferase-associated sensor). ..
- Gertz M, Fischer F, Leipelt M, Wolters D, Steegborn C. Identification of Peroxiredoxin 1 as a novel interaction partner for the lifespan regulator protein p66Shc. Aging (Albany NY). 2009;1:254-65 pubmed..Our results indicate that p66CH2CB and Prx1 form a stress-sensing complex that keeps p66Shc inactive at moderate stress levels. ..
- Russwurm M, Wittau N, Koesling D. Guanylyl cyclase/PSD-95 interaction: targeting of the nitric oxide-sensitive alpha2beta1 guanylyl cyclase to synaptic membranes. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:44647-52 pubmed
- Hagemann N, Hou X, Goody R, Itzen A, Erdmann K. Crystal structure of the Rab binding domain of OCRL1 in complex with Rab8 and functional implications of the OCRL1/Rab8 module for Lowe syndrome. Small Gtpases. 2012;3:107-10 pubmed publisher..This could direct further work on OCRL1 leading to a better understanding of the complex disease mechanism of Lowe syndrome. ..
- Agne B, Meindl N, Niederhoff K, Einwächter H, Rehling P, Sickmann A, et al. Pex8p: an intraperoxisomal organizer of the peroxisomal import machinery. Mol Cell. 2003;11:635-46 pubmed..We conclude that Pex8p organizes the formation of the larger import complex from the trans side of the peroxisomal membrane and thus might enable functional communication between both sides of the membrane. ..
- Bharti P, Schliebs W, Schievelbusch T, Neuhaus A, David C, Kock K, et al. PEX14 is required for microtubule-based peroxisome motility in human cells. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:1759-68 pubmed publisher..Thus, human PEX14 is a multi-tasking protein that not only facilitates peroxisomal protein import but is also required for peroxisome motility by serving as membrane anchor for microtubules. ..
- Rucktäschel R, Thoms S, Sidorovitch V, Halbach A, Pechlivanis M, Volkmer R, et al. Farnesylation of pex19p is required for its structural integrity and function in peroxisome biogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:20885-96 pubmed publisher..Thus, isoprenylation of Pex19p contributes to substrate membrane protein recognition for the topogenesis of PMPs, and our results highlight the importance of lipid modifications in protein-protein interactions. ..
- Ul Hussain M, Dermietzel R, Zoidl G. Characterization of the internal IRES element of the zebrafish connexin55.5 reveals functional implication of the polypyrimidine tract binding protein. BMC Mol Biol. 2008;9:92 pubmed publisher..This observation is of considerable importance and may provide initial insight into molecular-functional relationships of electrical coupling in horizontal cells. ..