Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Bonn, North Rhine Westphalia, Germany
Locale: Bonn, North Rhine Westphalia, Germany
Publications460 found, 100 shown here
- Kohlmeyer J, Cron M, Landsberg J, Bald T, Renn M, Mikus S, et al. Complete regression of advanced primary and metastatic mouse melanomas following combination chemoimmunotherapy. Cancer Res. 2009;69:6265-74 pubmed publisher..Our results in a clinically highly relevant experimental model provide a scientific rationale to evaluate similar strategies which unleash the power of innate and adaptive immune defense in future clinical trials. ..
- Dedkov V, Lukashev A, Deviatkin A, Kuleshov K, Safonova M, Poleshchuk E, et al. Retrospective diagnosis of two rabies cases in humans by high throughput sequencing. J Clin Virol. 2016;78:74-81 pubmed publisher..Two strains of rabies virus were isolated and characterized using virological methods. The entire genome of each strain was sequenced. ..
- Gerner M, Casey K, Kastenmuller W, Germain R. Dendritic cell and antigen dispersal landscapes regulate T cell immunity. J Exp Med. 2017;214:3105-3122 pubmed publisher..Thus, the collective action of antigen dispersal and DC positioning regulates the extent and quality of T cell immunity, with important implications for vaccine design. ..
- Vijayaraj P, Kröger C, Reuter U, Windoffer R, Leube R, Magin T. Keratins regulate protein biosynthesis through localization of GLUT1 and -3 upstream of AMP kinase and Raptor. J Cell Biol. 2009;187:175-84 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate a novel keratin function upstream of mTOR signaling via GLUT localization and have implications for pathomechanisms and therapy approaches for keratin disorders and the analysis of other gene families. ..
- Haupt S, Grützner J, Thier M, Kallweit T, Rath B, Laufenberg I, et al. Automated selection and harvesting of pluripotent stem cell colonies. Biotechnol Appl Biochem. 2012;59:77-87 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that the CellCelector™ technology enables efficient identification and isolation of pluripotent stem cell colonies at the phase contrast or fluorescence level. ..
- Schütz B, Reimann J, Dumitrescu Ozimek L, Kappes Horn K, Landreth G, Schürmann B, et al. The oral antidiabetic pioglitazone protects from neurodegeneration and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis-like symptoms in superoxide dismutase-G93A transgenic mice. J Neurosci. 2005;25:7805-12 pubmed..Interestingly, mRNA levels of the suppressor of cytokine signaling 1 and 3 genes were increased by Pio, whereas both the mRNA and protein levels of endogenous mouse SOD1 and of transgenic human SOD1 remained unaffected. ..
- Gieselmann V. Metachromatic leukodystrophy: genetics, pathogenesis and therapeutic options. Acta Paediatr. 2008;97:15-21 pubmed publisher..It is hoped that these developments will prove beneficial for patients. ..
- Kröger C, Vijayaraj P, Reuter U, Windoffer R, Simmons D, Heukamp L, et al. Placental vasculogenesis is regulated by keratin-mediated hyperoxia in murine decidual tissues. Am J Pathol. 2011;178:1578-90 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that keratin mutations might mediate conditions leading to early pregnancy loss due to hyperoxia in the decidua. ..
- Simon K, Hennen S, Merten N, BlÃ¤ttermann S, Gillard M, Kostenis E, et al. The Orphan G Protein-coupled Receptor GPR17 Negatively Regulates Oligodendrocyte Differentiation via GÎ±i/o and Its Downstream Effector Molecules. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:705-18 pubmed publisher..We envisage that treatments augmenting PKA and/or EPAC activity represent a beneficial approach for therapeutic enhancement of remyelination in those demyelinating diseases where GPR17 is highly expressed, such as multiple sclerosis. ..
- Otte D, Sommersberg B, Kudin A, Guerrero C, Albayram O, Filiou M, et al. N-acetyl cysteine treatment rescues cognitive deficits induced by mitochondrial dysfunction in G72/G30 transgenic mice. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2011;36:2233-43 pubmed publisher..Our results implicate LG72-induced mitochondrial and synaptic defects as a possible pathomechanism of psychiatric disorders. ..
- Drexler J, Corman V, Müller M, Maganga G, Vallo P, Binger T, et al. Bats host major mammalian paramyxoviruses. Nat Commun. 2012;3:796 pubmed publisher..Future attempts to predict the emergence of novel paramyxoviruses in humans and livestock will have to rely fundamentally on these data...
- Ben Halima S, Mishra S, Raja K, Willem M, Baici A, Simons K, et al. Specific Inhibition of Î²-Secretase Processing of the Alzheimer Disease Amyloid Precursor Protein. Cell Rep. 2016;14:2127-2141 pubmed publisher..secretase inhibitors can be designed to specifically inhibit the Alzheimer process, enhancing their potential as AD therapeutics without undesired side effects. ..
- Koch P, Siemen H, Biegler A, Itskovitz Eldor J, Brüstle O. Transduction of human embryonic stem cells by ecotropic retroviral vectors. Nucleic Acids Res. 2006;34:e120 pubmed
- Theofilas P, Bedner P, Hüttmann K, Theis M, Steinhäuser C, Frank S. The proapoptotic BCL-2 homology domain 3-only protein Bim is not critical for acute excitotoxic cell death. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2009;68:102-10 pubmed publisher..These in vivo and histological data suggest that Bim is not critically involved in excitotoxicity-induced acute neuronal cell injury. ..
- Haenisch B, Bilkei Gorzo A, Caron M, Bonisch H. Knockout of the norepinephrine transporter and pharmacologically diverse antidepressants prevent behavioral and brain neurotrophin alterations in two chronic stress models of depression. J Neurochem. 2009;111:403-16 pubmed publisher..In addition, these mice represent a useful model to study depression-resistant behaviors, and they might help to provide deeper insights into the identification of downstream targets involved in the mechanisms of antidepressants. ..
- Ablasser A, Schmid Burgk J, Hemmerling I, Horvath G, Schmidt T, Latz E, et al. Cell intrinsic immunity spreads to bystander cells via the intercellular transfer of cGAMP. Nature. 2013;503:530-4 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these observations identify cGAS-triggered cGAMP(2'-5') transfer as a novel host strategy that serves to rapidly convey antiviral immunity in a transcription-independent, horizontal manner. ..
- Bradley S, Wiegman C, Iglesias M, Kong K, Butcher A, Plouffe B, et al. Mapping physiological G protein-coupled receptor signaling pathways reveals a role for receptor phosphorylation in airway contraction. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:4524-9 pubmed publisher..In this way, we present an approach by which to predict the physiological/therapeutic outcome of M3-mAChR-biased ligands with important implications for drug discovery. ..
- Trueck C, Zimmermann K, Mykhaylyk O, Anton M, Vosen S, Wenzel D, et al. Optimization of magnetic nanoparticle-assisted lentiviral gene transfer. Pharm Res. 2012;29:1255-69 pubmed publisher..MNP-guided lentiviral transduction of endothelial cells can be significantly enhanced and localized by using optimized MNPs. ..
- Siegmund S, Wojtalla A, Schlosser M, Zimmer A, Singer M. Fatty acid amide hydrolase but not monoacyl glycerol lipase controls cell death induced by the endocannabinoid 2-arachidonoyl glycerol in hepatic cell populations. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;437:48-54 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, FAAH-mediated resistance of hepatocytes against endocannabinoid-induced cell death may provide a new physiological concept allowing the specific targeting of HSCs in liver fibrosis. ..
- Bosen F, Schütz M, Beinhauer A, Strenzke N, Franz T, Willecke K. The Clouston syndrome mutation connexin30 A88V leads to hyperproliferation of sebaceous glands and hearing impairments in mice. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:1795-801 pubmed publisher..Additionally, homozygous mutant mice show an altered hearing profile compared to control mice. We conclude that the Cx30A88V mutation triggers hyperproliferation in the skin and changes the cochlear homeostasis in mice. ..
- Friedrichs B, Tepel C, Reinheckel T, Deussing J, von Figura K, Herzog V, et al. Thyroid functions of mouse cathepsins B, K, and L. J Clin Invest. 2003;111:1733-45 pubmed..Cathepsin K(-/-)/L(-/-) mice had significantly reduced levels of free thyroxine, indicating that utilization of luminal thyroglobulin for thyroxine liberation is mediated by a combinatory action of cathepsins K and L. ..
- Jäger R, Maurer J, Jacob A, Schorle H. Cell type-specific conditional regulation of the c-myc proto-oncogene by combining Cre/loxP recombination and tamoxifen-mediated activation. Genesis. 2004;38:145-50 pubmed..The transgenic mice produced may thus be valuable tools for studying the cell type-specific effects of c-myc activity in development and disease. ..
- Fleischmann B, Duan Y, Fan Y, Schoneberg T, Ehlich A, Lenka N, et al. Differential subunit composition of the G protein-activated inward-rectifier potassium channel during cardiac development. J Clin Invest. 2004;114:994-1001 pubmed..4 subunit. Thus, a switch in subunit composition is used to adopt IK,ACh to its functional role in adult cardiomyocytes. ..
- Bill A, Schmitz A, König K, Heukamp L, Hannam J, Famulok M. Anti-proliferative effect of cytohesin inhibition in gefitinib-resistant lung cancer cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41179 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that targeting the EGFR indirectly by inhibiting its cytoplasmic activators, the cytohesins, has the potential to improve the treatment of primarily EGFR-TKI resistant lung cancers. ..
- Ginkel C, Hartmann D, Vom Dorp K, Zlomuzica A, Farwanah H, Eckhardt M, et al. Ablation of neuronal ceramide synthase 1 in mice decreases ganglioside levels and expression of myelin-associated glycoprotein in oligodendrocytes. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:41888-902 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal an essential function of CerS1-derived ceramide in the regulation of cerebellar development and neurodevelopmentally regulated behavior. ..
- Roblek M, Calin M, Schlesinger M, Stan D, Zeisig R, Simionescu M, et al. Targeted delivery of CCR2 antagonist to activated pulmonary endothelium prevents metastasis. J Control Release. 2015;220:341-347 pubmed publisher..Thus, timely- and spatially-defined inhibition of CCR2 signaling represents a potential therapeutic approach for treatment of metastasis without affecting homeostatic functions. ..
- Wiesmann M, Zerbi V, Jansen D, Haast R, Lutjohann D, Broersen L, et al. A Dietary Treatment Improves Cerebral Blood Flow and Brain Connectivity in Aging apoE4 Mice. Neural Plast. 2016;2016:6846721 pubmed publisher..We further showed the efficacy of a multimodal translational approach, including advanced MR neuroimaging, to study dietary intervention on brain structure and function in aging. ..
- Butterweck A, Gergs U, Elfgang C, Willecke K, Traub O. Immunochemical characterization of the gap junction protein connexin45 in mouse kidney and transfected human HeLa cells. J Membr Biol. 1994;141:247-56 pubmed..The Cx45 antibodies characterized in this paper should be useful for investigations of Cx45 in renal gap junctional communication. ..
- Wehner S, Schwarz N, Hundsdoerfer R, Hierholzer C, Tweardy D, Billiar T, et al. Induction of IL-6 within the rodent intestinal muscularis after intestinal surgical stress. Surgery. 2005;137:436-46 pubmed..This study demonstrates that manipulation of the small bowel during an abdominal operation initiates downstream induction, translation, release, and functional activity of IL-6 within the muscularis. ..
- Roell W, Lewalter T, Sasse P, Tallini Y, Choi B, Breitbach M, et al. Engraftment of connexin 43-expressing cells prevents post-infarct arrhythmia. Nature. 2007;450:819-24 pubmed..Thus, engraftment of Cx43-expressing myocytes has the potential to reduce life-threatening post-infarct arrhythmias through the augmentation of intercellular coupling, suggesting autologous strategies for cardiac cell-based therapy. ..
- Zimmermann K, Engeser M, Blunt J, Munro M, Piel J. Pederin-type pathways of uncultivated bacterial symbionts: analysis of o-methyltransferases and generation of a biosynthetic hybrid. J Am Chem Soc. 2009;131:2780-1 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first biochemical evidence that invertebrates can obtain defensive complex polyketides from bacterial symbionts. ..
- Bornheim R, Muller M, Reuter U, Herrmann H, Bussow H, Magin T. A dominant vimentin mutant upregulates Hsp70 and the activity of the ubiquitin-proteasome system, and causes posterior cataracts in transgenic mice. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:3737-46 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate here for the first time that the expression of mutated vimentin induces a protein-stress response that contributes to disease pathology in mice, and hypothesise that vimentin mutations cause cataracts in humans. ..
- Pfeifer A, Eigenbrod S, Al Khadra S, Hofmann A, Mitteregger G, Moser M, et al. Lentivector-mediated RNAi efficiently suppresses prion protein and prolongs survival of scrapie-infected mice. J Clin Invest. 2006;116:3204-10 pubmed..Importantly, in highly chimeric mice, survival after scrapie infection was significantly extended. Taken together, these data suggest that lentivector-mediated RNA interference could be an approach for the treatment of prion disease. ..
- Engel D, Maurer J, Tittel A, Weisheit C, Cavlar T, Schumak B, et al. CCR2 mediates homeostatic and inflammatory release of Gr1(high) monocytes from the bone marrow, but is dispensable for bladder infiltration in bacterial urinary tract infection. J Immunol. 2008;181:5579-86 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that CCR2 governs homeostatic and infection-triggered release of Gr1(high) monocytes from the BM into the blood but is dispensable for recruitment into a nonlymphoid tissue. ..
- Jager A, Gotz W, Lossdörfer S, Rath Deschner B. Localization of SOST/sclerostin in cementocytes in vivo and in mineralizing periodontal ligament cells in vitro. J Periodontal Res. 2010;45:246-54 pubmed publisher..In this study, we investigated the expression of sclerostin in cementocytes in vivo as well as the expression of SOST and sclerostin in periodontal ligament cell cultures following induction of mineralization...
- Cichon S, Anker M, Vogt I, Rohleder H, Pützstück M, Hillmer A, et al. Cloning, genomic organization, alternative transcripts and mutational analysis of the gene responsible for autosomal recessive universal congenital alopecia. Hum Mol Genet. 1998;7:1671-9 pubmed..We speculate that this tissue-specific difference in the proportion of hairless transcripts lacking exon 17 sequences could contribute to the tissue-specific disease phenotype observed in individuals with isolated congenital alopecia. ..
- Klein D, Bussow H, Fewou S, Gieselmann V. Exocytosis of storage material in a lysosomal disorder. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;327:663-7 pubmed..In metachromatic leukodystrophy extracellular sulfatide has been found in urine and cerebrospinal fluid. Lysosomal exocytosis may explain the presence of sulfatide in these body fluids. ..
- Schmitz V, Vilanueva H, Raskopf E, Hilbert T, Barajas M, Dzienisowicz C, et al. Increased VEGF levels induced by anti-VEGF treatment are independent of tumor burden in colorectal carcinomas in mice. Gene Ther. 2006;13:1198-205 pubmed
- Mueller C, Wassmann K, Widder J, Wassmann S, Chen C, Keuler B, et al. Multidrug resistance protein-1 affects oxidative stress, endothelial dysfunction, and atherogenesis via leukotriene C4 export. Circulation. 2008;117:2912-8 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that MRP1 and LTC(4) exert proatherosclerotic effects and that both MRP1 and LTC(4) are potentially promising targets for atheroprotective therapy. ..
- Busch A, Quast T, Keller S, Kolanus W, Knolle P, Altevogt P, et al. Transfer of T cell surface molecules to dendritic cells upon CD4+ T cell priming involves two distinct mechanisms. J Immunol. 2008;181:3965-73 pubmed
- Kreuzberg M, Liebermann M, Segschneider S, Dobrowolski R, Dobrzynski H, Kaba R, et al. Human connexin31.9, unlike its orthologous protein connexin30.2 in the mouse, is not detectable in the human cardiac conduction system. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2009;46:553-9 pubmed publisher..9 protein, unlike its counterpart in the mouse, is not expressed in detectable quantities and is thus unlikely to contribute to the impulse generation and conduction system or the working myocardium of the human heart. ..
- Perabo F, Landwehrs G, Frössler C, Schmidt D, Mueller S. Antiproliferative and apoptosis inducing effects of indirubin-3'-monoxime in renal cell cancer cells. Urol Oncol. 2011;29:815-20 pubmed publisher..Indirubin-3'-monoxime seems to be a candidate for further evaluation. ..
- Semmling V, Lukacs Kornek V, Thaiss C, Quast T, Hochheiser K, Panzer U, et al. Alternative cross-priming through CCL17-CCR4-mediated attraction of CTLs toward NKT cell-licensed DCs. Nat Immunol. 2010;11:313-20 pubmed publisher..Because these chemokines acted synergistically, this can potentially be exploited to improve vaccinations. ..
- Küchler J, Hartmann W, Waha A, Koch A, Endl E, Wurst P, et al. p75(NTR) induces apoptosis in medulloblastoma cells. Int J Cancer. 2011;128:1804-12 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data link activated Hedgehog signaling in DMB with p75(NTR) expression and characterize p75(NTR) as a biologically relevant inductor of apoptosis in MB...
- Ulusoy A, Di Monte D. ?-Synuclein elevation in human neurodegenerative diseases: experimental, pathogenetic, and therapeutic implications. Mol Neurobiol. 2013;47:484-94 pubmed publisher..Therefore, further pursuit of new clues on the cause and treatment of PD in this post-?-synuclein era would benefit substantially from the development of improved research paradigms of ?-synuclein elevation. ..
- Stöckigt F, Brixius K, Lickfett L, Andrié R, Linhart M, Nickenig G, et al. Total beta-adrenoceptor knockout slows conduction and reduces inducible arrhythmias in the mouse heart. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49203 pubmed publisher..Our finding confirms the importance of ?-AR in arrhythmogenesis and the potential role of unspecific beta-receptor-blockade as therapeutic target. ..
- Körschen H, Yildiz Y, Raju D, Schonauer S, Bönigk W, Jansen V, et al. The non-lysosomal ?-glucosidase GBA2 is a non-integral membrane-associated protein at the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) and Golgi. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:3381-93 pubmed publisher..Our results provide the basis to understand the mechanism for GBA2 function in vivo and might help to unravel the role of GBA2 during pathogenesis of Gaucher disease. ..
- Wenzel D, Matthey M, Bindila L, Lerner R, Lutz B, Zimmer A, et al. Endocannabinoid anandamide mediates hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstriction. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:18710-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, the AEA/FAAH pathway is an important mediator of HPV and is involved in the generation of pulmonary hypertension. ..
- Schuller U, Lamp E, Schilling K. Developmental expression of heterotrimeric G-proteins in the murine cerebellar cortex. Histochem Cell Biol. 2001;116:149-59 pubmed
- Schroder W, Seifert G, Hüttmann K, Hinterkeuser S, Steinhäuser C. AMPA receptor-mediated modulation of inward rectifier K+ channels in astrocytes of mouse hippocampus. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2002;19:447-58 pubmed..A transient inhibition of I(Kir) in astrocytes in response to neuronal glutamate release and glial AMPA receptor activation represents a further, so far undetected mechanism to balance neuronal excitability. ..
- Rex Mathes M, Koch J, Werner S, Griffith L, Schmitz B. Immunological detection of O-GlcNAc. Methods Mol Biol. 2002;194:73-87 pubmed
- Dietrich D, Kirschstein T, Kukley M, Pereverzev A, von der Brelie C, Schneider T, et al. Functional specialization of presynaptic Cav2.3 Ca2+ channels. Neuron. 2003;39:483-96 pubmed
- Bilkei Gorzo A, Racz I, Michel K, Zimmer A, Klingmuller D, Zimmer A. Behavioral phenotype of pre-proenkephalin-deficient mice on diverse congenic backgrounds. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2004;176:343-52 pubmed..2) The behavior of the background strain should be considered in the analysis of knockout mice to avoid floor and ceiling effects, which may mask the phenotype. ..
- Schmitz V, Raskopf E, Gonzalez Carmona M, Vogt A, Rabe C, Leifeld L, et al. Plasminogen fragment K1-5 improves survival in a murine hepatocellular carcinoma model. Gut. 2007;56:271-8 pubmed..As PlgK1-5 could also prolong the survival time, inducing complete tumour elimination in half of the AdPlgK1-5-treated mice, PlgK1-5 might be the most potential plasminogen fragment for treatment of experimental HCC. ..
- Ahrend M, Käberich A, Fergen M, Schmitz B. Immunochemical methods for the rapid screening of the o-glycosidically linked N-acetylglucosamine modification of proteins. Methods Mol Biol. 2008;446:267-80 pubmed publisher..Slight differences in the recognition of this post-translational epitope by the 2 antibodies are observed and will be discussed. ..
- Sasse P, Malan D, Fleischmann M, Roell W, Gustafsson E, Bostani T, et al. Perlecan is critical for heart stability. Cardiovasc Res. 2008;80:435-44 pubmed publisher..We propose that perlecan plays an important role in maintaining the integrity during cardiac development and is important for heart function in the adult heart after injury. ..
- Malinska D, Kudin A, Debska Vielhaber G, Vielhaber S, Kunz W. Chapter 23 Quantification of superoxide production by mouse brain and skeletal muscle mitochondria. Methods Enzymol. 2009;456:419-37 pubmed publisher..We substantiated previous evidence that most mitochondrial ROS are produced at complexes I and III of the respiratory chain and that the contribution of individual complexes to ROS production is tissue dependent...
- Landsberg J, Gaffal E, Cron M, Kohlmeyer J, Renn M, Tüting T. Autochthonous primary and metastatic melanomas in Hgf-Cdk4 R24C mice evade T-cell-mediated immune surveillance. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 2010;23:649-60 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate that primary and metastatic melanomas developing spontaneously in Hgf-Cdk4(R24C) mice effectively evade cellular immune surveillance. ..
- Racz I, Markert A, Mauer D, Stoffel Wagner B, Zimmer A. Long-term ethanol effects on acute stress responses: modulation by dynorphin. Addict Biol. 2013;18:678-88 pubmed publisher..Together these data suggest that dynorphin plays an important role in the modulation of the brain stress-response systems after chronic ethanol exposure. ..
- Erdmann J, Stark K, Esslinger U, Rumpf P, Koesling D, de Wit C, et al. Dysfunctional nitric oxide signalling increases risk of myocardial infarction. Nature. 2013;504:432-6 pubmed publisher..Reversing this defect may provide a new therapeutic target for reducing the risk of myocardial infarction. ..
- Choo M, Sano Y, Kim C, Yasuda K, Li X, Lin X, et al. TLR sensing of bacterial spore-associated RNA triggers host immune responses with detrimental effects. J Exp Med. 2017;214:1297-1311 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests a role for bacterial spore-associated RNA in microbial pathogenesis and illustrates a little known aspect of interactions between the host and spore-forming bacteria. ..
- Hesse M, Franz T, Tamai Y, Taketo M, Magin T. Targeted deletion of keratins 18 and 19 leads to trophoblast fragility and early embryonic lethality. EMBO J. 2000;19:5060-70 pubmed..Our data also offer a rationale to explore the involvement of keratin mutations in early abortions during human pregnancies. ..
- Kretz M, Eckardt D, Kruger O, Kim J, Maurer J, Theis M, et al. Normal embryonic development and cardiac morphogenesis in mice with Wnt1-Cre-mediated deletion of connexin43. Genesis. 2006;44:269-76 pubmed..Thus, the morphological heart abnormalities of Cx43 null mice are most likely not caused by lack of Cx43 in neural crest cells. ..
- Lukacs Kornek V, Burgdorf S, Diehl L, Specht S, Kornek M, Kurts C. The kidney-renal lymph node-system contributes to cross-tolerance against innocuous circulating antigen. J Immunol. 2008;180:706-15 pubmed..This mechanism may contribute to avoiding immunity against innocuous circulating protein Ags below albumin size. ..
- Kunze A, Congreso M, Hartmann C, Wallraff Beck A, Hüttmann K, Bedner P, et al. Connexin expression by radial glia-like cells is required for neurogenesis in the adult dentate gyrus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:11336-41 pubmed publisher..These findings strongly suggest the requirement of connexin expression by radial glia-like cells for intact neurogenesis in the adult brain and point to possible communication pathways of these cells. ..
- Specht S, Taylor M, Hoeve M, Allen J, Lang R, Hoerauf A. Over expression of IL-10 by macrophages overcomes resistance to murine filariasis. Exp Parasitol. 2012;132:90-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, IL-10 produced by macrophages with characteristics of alternative activation can overcome resistance and allow full patency in murine filariasis. ..
- Abdullah Z, Geiger S, Nino Castro A, Böttcher J, Muraliv E, Gaidt M, et al. Lack of PPAR? in myeloid cells confers resistance to Listeria monocytogenes infection. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37349 pubmed publisher..Pharmacological interference with PPAR? activity in myeloid cells might represent a novel strategy to overcome intracellular bacterial infection...
- Ehrentraut S, Dörr A, Ehrentraut H, Lohner R, Lee S, Hoeft A, et al. Vascular dysfunction following polymicrobial sepsis: role of pattern recognition receptors. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44531 pubmed publisher..TLR2-D animals are more prone to polymicrobial sepsis, presumably due to up-regulation of TLR4, 9 and CD14. ..
- Manthey D, Bukauskas F, Lee C, Kozak C, Willecke K. Molecular cloning and functional expression of the mouse gap junction gene connexin-57 in human HeLa cells. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:14716-23 pubmed..Voltage gating by transjunctional and transmembrane voltages as well as unitary conductance ( approximately 27 picosiemens) were different from intrinsic connexin channels in parental HeLa cells. ..
- Wirths O, Multhaup G, Czech C, Blanchard V, Tremp G, Pradier L, et al. Reelin in plaques of beta-amyloid precursor protein and presenilin-1 double-transgenic mice. Neurosci Lett. 2001;316:145-8 pubmed..This observation gives the first evidence for the association of reelin with amyloid deposits. ..
- Glaser T, Perez Bouza A, Klein K, Brüstle O. Generation of purified oligodendrocyte progenitors from embryonic stem cells. FASEB J. 2005;19:112-4 pubmed..Transplantation studies in myelin-deficient (md) rats indicate that ES cell-derived oligodendrocyte progenitors generated with this method may serve as an attractive donor source for myelin repair. ..
- Jäger R, Friedrichs N, Heim I, Buttner R, Schorle H. Dual role of AP-2gamma in ErbB-2-induced mammary tumorigenesis. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2005;90:273-80 pubmed..Therefore, AP-2gamma while reducing the incidence of mammary tumors is promoting tumor progression. ..
- Fernandez Mora E, Polidori M, Lührmann A, Schaible U, Haas A. Maturation of Rhodococcus equi-containing vacuoles is arrested after completion of the early endosome stage. Traffic. 2005;6:635-53 pubmed..In addition, vacuole biogenesis can be influenced by bacterial plasmids. ..
- Kebschull M, Haupt M, Jepsen S, Deschner J, Nickenig G, Werner N. Mobilization of endothelial progenitors by recurrent bacteremias with a periodontal pathogen. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e54860 pubmed publisher..These effects are seemingly mediated by toll-like receptor (TLR)-2. ..
- De Nardo D, Labzin L, Kono H, Seki R, Schmidt S, Beyer M, et al. High-density lipoprotein mediates anti-inflammatory reprogramming of macrophages via the transcriptional regulator ATF3. Nat Immunol. 2014;15:152-60 pubmed publisher..Our findings may explain the broad anti-inflammatory and metabolic actions of HDL and provide the basis for predicting the success of new HDL-based therapies. ..
- Schiwon M, Weisheit C, Franken L, Gutweiler S, Dixit A, Meyer Schwesinger C, et al. Crosstalk between sentinel and helper macrophages permits neutrophil migration into infected uroepithelium. Cell. 2014;156:456-68 pubmed publisher..These findings identify helper macrophages and TNF as critical regulators in innate immunity against bacterial infections in epithelia. ..
- Zimmer S, Grebe A, Bakke S, Bode N, Halvorsen B, Ulas T, et al. Cyclodextrin promotes atherosclerosis regression via macrophage reprogramming. Sci Transl Med. 2016;8:333ra50 pubmed publisher..Because CD treatment in humans is safe and CD beneficially affects key mechanisms of atherogenesis, it may therefore be used clinically to prevent or treat human atherosclerosis. ..
- Reimann J, Irintchev A, Wernig A. Regenerative capacity and the number of satellite cells in soleus muscles of normal and mdx mice. Neuromuscul Disord. 2000;10:276-82 pubmed..The poor recovery of muscle and the missing post-regeneration rise in satellite cell numbers may indicate the reproductive limits of the satellite pool. ..
- Runkel F, Marquardt A, Stoeger C, Kochmann E, Simon D, Kohnke B, et al. The dominant alopecia phenotypes Bareskin, Rex-denuded, and Reduced Coat 2 are caused by mutations in gasdermin 3. Genomics. 2004;84:824-35 pubmed..We infer a role of Gsdm3 during the catagen to telogen transition at the end of hair follicle morphogenesis and the formation of hair follicle-associated sebaceous glands. ..
- Neumann J, König A, Koch N. Detection of aberrant association of DM with MHC class II subunits in the absence of invariant chain. Int Immunol. 2007;19:31-9 pubmed..A role of Ii for assembly of H2-DM heterodimers partially explains the immunodeficient phenotype of Ii-/- mice. ..
- Hesse M, Grund C, Herrmann H, Bröhl D, Franz T, Omary M, et al. A mutation of keratin 18 within the coil 1A consensus motif causes widespread keratin aggregation but cell type-restricted lethality in mice. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:3127-40 pubmed..This has important implications for therapy approaches of keratinopathies, suggesting that suppressing the mutant allele is not necessary in vivo. ..
- Gallitzendoerfer R, Abouzied M, Hartmann D, Dobrowolski R, Gieselmann V, Franken S. Hepatoma-derived growth factor (HDGF) is dispensable for normal mouse development. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:1875-85 pubmed publisher..The lack of obvious biochemical and morphological phenotypes in HDGF-deficient mice demonstrates that in vivo HDGF is dispensable for normal development in mice. ..
- Heneka M, Nadrigny F, Regen T, Martinez Hernandez A, Dumitrescu Ozimek L, Terwel D, et al. Locus ceruleus controls Alzheimer's disease pathology by modulating microglial functions through norepinephrine. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:6058-63 pubmed publisher..Consequently, therapies targeting microglial phagocytosis should be tested under NE depletion. ..
- Vanmierlo T, Weingärtner O, van der Pol S, Husche C, Kerksiek A, Friedrichs S, et al. Dietary intake of plant sterols stably increases plant sterol levels in the murine brain. J Lipid Res. 2012;53:726-35 pubmed publisher..We conclude that, over a 6-month period, plant sterol accumulation in murine brain is virtually irreversible. ..
- Poppensieker K, Otte D, Schürmann B, Limmer A, Dresing P, Drews E, et al. CC chemokine receptor 4 is required for experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis by regulating GM-CSF and IL-23 production in dendritic cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:3897-902 pubmed publisher..Our study identified a unique role for CCR4 in regulating DC function in EAE, harboring therapeutic potential for the treatment of CNS autoimmunity by targeting CCR4 on this specific cell type. ..
- Winter J, Basilicata M, Stemmler M, Krauss S. The MID1 protein is a central player during development and in disease. Front Biosci (Landmark Ed). 2016;21:664-82 pubmed..In this review we will summarize the current knowledge about MID1, its involvement in the pathogenesis of OS and other diseases and possible strategies for therapy development. ..
- Kourenti C, Heckeroth A, Tenter A, Karanis P. Development and application of different methods for the detection of Toxoplasma gondii in water. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2003;69:102-6 pubmed..This is the first step in developing a systematic approach for the detection of Toxoplasma oocysts in water. ..