Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on kinetics in Bochum, North Rhine Westphalia, Germany
Locale: Bochum, North Rhine Westphalia, Germany
- Halbach A, Lorenzen S, Landgraf C, Volkmer Engert R, Erdmann R, Rottensteiner H. Function of the PEX19-binding site of human adrenoleukodystrophy protein as targeting motif in man and yeast. PMP targeting is evolutionarily conserved. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:21176-82 pubmed..Our data clearly revealed a role for PEX19-binding sites as PMP-targeting motifs across species, thereby demonstrating the evolutionary conservation of PMP signal sequences from yeast to man...
- Winkler M, K ck U. The group IIB intron from the green alga Scenedesmus obliquus mitochondrion: molecular characterization of the in vitro splicing products. Curr Genet. 1991;20:495-502 pubmed..The predicted secondary and tertiary structure of intron rI1 of S. obliquus contains all the motifs necessary for optimal self-splicing and which are characteristic of other group IIB introns from different species...
- Russwurm M, Mullershausen F, Friebe A, Jäger R, Russwurm C, Koesling D. Design of fluorescence resonance energy transfer (FRET)-based cGMP indicators: a systematic approach. Biochem J. 2007;407:69-77 pubmed..The in vivo performance of these new indicators is demonstrated in living cells and validated by comparison with cGMP dynamics as measured by radioimmunoassays. ..
- Gisk B, Yasui Y, Kohchi T, Frankenberg Dinkel N. Characterization of the haem oxygenase protein family in Arabidopsis thaliana reveals a diversity of functions. Biochem J. 2010;425:425-34 pubmed publisher..However, HO2 shows strong binding of proto IX (protoporphyrin IX), a precursor for both haem and chlorophyll biosynthesis. A possible function of HO2 in the regulation of tetrapyrrole metabolism is discussed. ..
- Reuber B, Karl C, Reimann S, Mihalik S, Dodt G. Cloning and functional expression of a mammalian gene for a peroxisomal sarcosine oxidase. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:6766-76 pubmed
- Sch kermann M, Langklotz S, Narberhaus F. FtsH-mediated coordination of lipopolysaccharide biosynthesis in Escherichia coli correlates with the growth rate and the alarmone (p)ppGpp. J Bacteriol. 2013;195:1912-9 pubmed publisher..Our data provide new insights into the essential control of LPS biosynthesis in E. coli...
- Kunzelmann S, Praefcke G, Herrmann C. Transient kinetic investigation of GTP hydrolysis catalyzed by interferon-gamma-induced hGBP1 (human guanylate binding protein 1). J Biol Chem. 2006;281:28627-35 pubmed..The assembled forms of the GDP- and GMP-bound states of hGBP1 are accessible only through GTP binding and hydrolysis and achieve a lifetime of a few seconds. ..
- Gavriljuk K, Gazdag E, Itzen A, Kötting C, Goody R, Gerwert K. Catalytic mechanism of a mammalian Rab·RabGAP complex in atomic detail. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:21348-53 pubmed publisher..The combination of X-ray structure analysis and time-resolved FTIR spectroscopy provides detailed insight in the catalysis of human Rab GTPases. ..
- Esimone C, Eck G, Duong T, Uberla K, Proksch P, Grunwald T. Potential anti-respiratory syncytial virus lead compounds from Aglaia species. Pharmazie. 2008;63:768-73 pubmed..Therefore, dammarenolic acid, aglaiol and niloticin demonstrate potent anti-RSV activity that shouldbe explored further in the current search for anti-RSV therapeutic agents...
- Jenrich R, Trompetter I, Bak S, Olsen C, Møller B, Piotrowski M. Evolution of heteromeric nitrilase complexes in Poaceae with new functions in nitrile metabolism. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:18848-53 pubmed..Through combinatorial biochemistry and neofunctionalizations, the small family of nitrilases has gained diverse biological functions in nitrile metabolism...
- Mannherz H, Ballweber E, Galla M, Villard S, Granier C, Steegborn C, et al. Mapping the ADF/cofilin binding site on monomeric actin by competitive cross-linking and peptide array: evidence for a second binding site on monomeric actin. J Mol Biol. 2007;366:745-55 pubmed..In the absence of any crystal structures of ADF or cofilin in complex with actin, these studies provide further information about the binding sites on F-actin for these important actin regulatory proteins. ..
- Schinkel C, Wick M, Muhr G, Koller M. Analysis of systemic interleukin-11 after major trauma. Shock. 2005;23:30-4 pubmed..In contrast to IL-6, IL-11 in plasma does not correlate with trauma severity and seems to have no clinical relevance to outcome prediction after trauma. ..
- Ohm T, Wegner A. Random copolymerization of ATP-actin and ADP-actin. Biochemistry. 1991;30:11193-7 pubmed..According to the analysis of the critical concentrations, the equilibrium constants for incorporation of ATP-actin or ADP-actin into filaments were independent of the type of nucleotide bound to contiguous subunits. ..
- Lillig C, Prior A, Schwenn J, Aslund F, Ritz D, Vlamis Gardikas A, et al. New thioredoxins and glutaredoxins as electron donors of 3'-phosphoadenylylsulfate reductase. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:7695-8 pubmed..9 microM), whereas the Km trx2 was considerably higher (34.2 microM). The results agree with previous in vivo data suggesting that Trx1 or Grx1 is essential for sulfate reduction but not for ribonucleotide reduction in E. coli. ..