Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Düsseldorf, North Rhine Westphalia, Germany
Locale: Düsseldorf, North Rhine Westphalia, Germany
Publications466 found, 100 shown here
- Tenenbaum T, Hoehn T, Hadzik B, Stannigel H, Mackenzie C, Mayatepek E, et al. Exchange transfusion in a preterm infant with hyperbilirubinemia, staphylococcal scalded skin syndrome (SSSS) and sepsis. Eur J Pediatr. 2007;166:733-5 pubmed
- Walter P, Steinbrenner H, Barthel A, Klotz L. Stimulation of selenoprotein P promoter activity in hepatoma cells by FoxO1a transcription factor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;365:316-21 pubmed..In conclusion, the selenoprotein P promoter is a target of the Akt/FoxO signal transduction cascade and SeP expression is regulated at the level of transcription by the forkhead box protein FoxO1a in human and rat hepatoma cells. ..
- Neukirchen M, Kienbaum P. Sympathetic nervous system: evaluation and importance for clinical general anesthesia. Anesthesiology. 2008;109:1113-31 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the effects of general anesthesia on sympathetic nervous system activity and their relevance for clinical anesthesia are discussed. ..
- Vordenbäumen S, Braukmann A, Petermann K, Scharf A, Bleck E, von Mikecz A, et al. Casein ? s1 is expressed by human monocytes and upregulates the production of GM-CSF via p38 MAPK. J Immunol. 2011;186:592-601 pubmed publisher..Our results indicated that human CSN1S1 may possess an immunomodulatory role beyond its nutritional function in milk. It is expressed in human monocytes and stimulates the expression of the proinflammatory cytokine GM-CSF. ..
- Ozkurt T, Butz M, Homburger M, Elben S, Vesper J, Wojtecki L, et al. High frequency oscillations in the subthalamic nucleus: a neurophysiological marker of the motor state in Parkinson's disease. Exp Neurol. 2011;229:324-31 pubmed publisher..004). These results indicate that a shift from slower to faster frequencies of the spectrum greater than 200 Hz represents a prokinetic neurophysiological marker underlying levodopa induced motor improvement in Parkinson's disease. ..
- Sohn D, Budach W, Jänicke R. Caspase-2 is required for DNA damage-induced expression of the CDK inhibitor p21(WAF1/CIP1). Cell Death Differ. 2011;18:1664-74 pubmed publisher..Together, our data suggest that this novel role of caspase-2 as a translational regulator of p21 expression occurs not only independently of its enzymatic activity but also does not require known caspase-2-activating platforms. ..
- Stahl W, Sies H. Photoprotection by dietary carotenoids: concept, mechanisms, evidence and future development. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2012;56:287-95 pubmed publisher..In vitro data show that also other carotenoids are efficient photoprotectors. Among them are lutein and structurally unusual phenolic polyenes like 3,3'-dihydroxyisorenieratene. ..
- Arhzaouy K, Ramezani Rad M. Nuclear import of UBL-domain protein Mdy2 is required for heat-induced stress response in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52956 pubmed publisher..Thus, the nuclear history of the UBL Mdy2 appears to be essential for its function in cytoplasmic stress granules during the rapid cellular response to heat stress. ..
- Görgens S, Raschke S, Holven K, Jensen J, Eckardt K, Eckel J. Regulation of follistatin-like protein 1 expression and secretion in primary human skeletal muscle cells. Arch Physiol Biochem. 2013;119:75-80 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, we observed that 60 min cycling increased serum Fstl1 level by 22%. In conclusion, we demonstrate that Fstl1 is expressed and secreted by human myotubes and plasma Fstl1 levels are increased after exercise. ..
- Hubinger A, Knode O, Susanto F, Reinauer H, Gries F. Effects of the carnitine-acyltransferase inhibitor etomoxir on insulin sensitivity, energy expenditure and substrate oxidation in NIDDM. Horm Metab Res. 1997;29:436-9 pubmed..80 mg/ kg x min). Thus, we could demonstrate a decrease in fat and increase in glucose oxidation by etomoxir, but non-oxidative glucose utilisation was decreased. No significant changes could be demonstrated under clamp conditions. ..
- Hermann A, Rauch B, Braun M, Schror K, Weber A. Platelet CD40 ligand (CD40L)--subcellular localization, regulation of expression, and inhibition by clopidogrel. Platelets. 2001;12:74-82 pubmed..In contrast, clopidogrel treatment completely abolished ADP-induced expression of CD40L. Finally, the expression level of CD40L was shown to be upregulated by phorbol myristate acetate (PMA) in the promegakaryocytic cell line MEG-01. ..
- Adam R, Rüssing D, Adams O, Ailyati A, Sik Kim K, Schroten H, et al. Role of human brain microvascular endothelial cells during central nervous system infection. Significance of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase in antimicrobial defence and immunoregulation. Thromb Haemost. 2005;94:341-6 pubmed..As deleterious effects of brain infections can often be attributed to subsequently invading immune cells, an IDO-mediated reduction of lymphocyte proliferation may be beneficial for preventing collateral brain damage. ..
- Rockel T, Stuhlmann D, von Mikecz A. Proteasomes degrade proteins in focal subdomains of the human cell nucleus. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:5231-42 pubmed..Our results establish proteasomal proteolysis as an intrinsic function of the cell nucleus. ..
- Herder C, Haastert B, Müller Scholze S, Koenig W, Thorand B, Holle R, et al. Association of systemic chemokine concentrations with impaired glucose tolerance and type 2 diabetes: results from the Cooperative Health Research in the Region of Augsburg Survey S4 (KORA S4). Diabetes. 2005;54 Suppl 2:S11-7 pubmed..There is no general upregulation of chemokine production in type 2 diabetes, but rather an association of the disease with specific members of the chemokine family. ..
- Zhou D, Srivastava R, Nessler S, Grummel V, Sommer N, Bruck W, et al. Identification of a pathogenic antibody response to native myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein in multiple sclerosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:19057-62 pubmed..Overall these findings suggest a pathogenic antibody response to native MOG in a subgroup of MS patients. ..
- Knipp S, Hildebrand B, Kundgen A, Giagounidis A, Kobbe G, Haas R, et al. Intensive chemotherapy is not recommended for patients aged >60 years who have myelodysplastic syndromes or acute myeloid leukemia with high-risk karyotypes. Cancer. 2007;110:345-52 pubmed..According to the current data, elderly patients with AML or advanced MDS do not benefit from intensive chemotherapy if they show karyotype anomalies, especially those in the high-risk category. ..
- Grinstein E, Wernet P. Cellular signaling in normal and cancerous stem cells. Cell Signal. 2007;19:2428-33 pubmed..Elucidation of the involvement of proto-oncogenes and tumor suppressors in the maintenance of stem cells might have therapeutic implications. ..
- Grotemeyer D, Duran M, Iskandar F, Blondin D, Nguyen K, Sandmann W. Median arcuate ligament syndrome: vascular surgical therapy and follow-up of 18 patients. Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2009;394:1085-92 pubmed publisher..Due to the low incidence of MALS, no guidelines will do justice to all the patients sufficiently, and the choice of treatment must depend on the specific clinical situation for each patient. ..
- Schanz A, Richter J, Beyer I, Baldus S, Hess A, Kruessel J. Genital schistosomiasis as a cause of female sterility and acute abdomen. Fertil Steril. 2010;93:2075.e7-9 pubmed publisher..To report the case of a Nigerian patient who suffered from sterility and underwent abdominal laparotomy to remove an adnexal tumor. Histologic analysis revealed Schistosoma haematobium ova...
- Adams O, Bonzel L, Kovacevic A, Mayatepek E, Hoehn T, Vogel M. Palivizumab-resistant human respiratory syncytial virus infection in infancy. Clin Infect Dis. 2010;51:185-8 pubmed publisher..A stable mutation at codon 276 led to a nearly complete resistance to palivizumab. Additional studies revealed a second mutation at codon 272. Further passage of the virus led to a complete loss of binding of palivizumab. ..
- Lange K. Can a regular context induce temporal orienting to a target sound?. Int J Psychophysiol. 2010;78:231-8 pubmed publisher..Consistent with the assumption that N1 attenuation reflects sensory predictability of target timing, an attenuated N1 was not observed in the present study, where target timing was uncertain. ..
- Ouwens D, Sell H, Greulich S, Eckel J. The role of epicardial and perivascular adipose tissue in the pathophysiology of cardiovascular disease. J Cell Mol Med. 2010;14:2223-34 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we discuss how changes in adipokine expression and secretion associated with these pathological states could contribute to the pathogenesis of cardiac contractile and vascular dysfunction. ..
- Gerber P, Kukova G, Buhren B, Homey B. Density of Demodex folliculorum in patients receiving epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitors. Dermatology. 2011;222:144-7 pubmed publisher..EGFRI patients have an increased susceptibility to DF colonization or infection, respectively. Our results support the recent concept that EGFRI may induce an impairment of antimicrobial defense mechanisms. ..
- Jurk M, Chikh G, Schulte B, Kritzler A, Richardt Pargmann D, Lampron C, et al. Immunostimulatory potential of silencing RNAs can be mediated by a non-uridine-rich toll-like receptor 7 motif. Nucleic Acid Ther. 2011;21:201-14 pubmed publisher..Our findings are of therapeutic relevance as this motif is present in many siRNA sequences and will to contribute to the immunostimulatory properties of unmodified siRNAs. ..
- Holland C, Jaeger L, Smentkowski U, Weber B, Otto C. Septic and aseptic complications of corticosteroid injections: an assessment of 278 cases reviewed by expert commissions and mediation boards from 2005 to 2009. Dtsch Arztebl Int. 2012;109:425-30 pubmed publisher..The intramuscular administration of depot glucocorticosteroids should be avoided. Patients should be informed of the risk of infection and/or tissue atrophy, as well as of alternative forms of treatment. ..
- Schuster A, Haliburn C, Doring G, Goldman M. Safety, efficacy and convenience of colistimethate sodium dry powder for inhalation (Colobreathe DPI) in patients with cystic fibrosis: a randomised study. Thorax. 2013;68:344-50 pubmed publisher..There was no emergence of resistance of P aeruginosa to colistin. Overall, CDPI was well tolerated. TRIAL REG NO: EudraCT 2004-003675-36. ..
- Erkelenz S, Poschmann G, Theiss S, Stefanski A, Hillebrand F, Otte M, et al. Tra2-mediated recognition of HIV-1 5' splice site D3 as a key factor in the processing of vpr mRNA. J Virol. 2013;87:2721-34 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we propose that splicing at 3'ss A2 occurs temporally between the binding of U1 snRNA and splicing at D3. ..
- Mölleken K, Becker E, Hegemann J. The Chlamydia pneumoniae invasin protein Pmp21 recruits the EGF receptor for host cell entry. PLoS Pathog. 2013;9:e1003325 pubmed publisher..Binding of Grb2 and c-Cbl by EGFR is essential for infection. This is the first report of an invasin-receptor interaction involved in host-cell invasion by any chlamydial species. ..
- Auer F, Ingenhag D, Bhatia S, Enczmann J, Cobaleda C, Sanchez Garcia I, et al. GEMMs addressing Pax5 loss-of-function in childhood pB-ALL. Eur J Med Genet. 2016;59:166-72 pubmed publisher..These aspects are discussed in the context of creating a robust model, which serves not only for validation of the relevance of a genomic alteration in pB-ALL but at the same time as a valid preclinical model. ..
- Sendler H. [Innovation, quality and economic efficacy of competitive health care--contribution to the "Healthy North Rhine-Westphalia" Project]. Gesundheitswesen. 1996;58:99-101 pubmed
- Feldkamp J, Santen R, Harms E, Aulich A, Modder U, Scherbaum W. Incidentally discovered pituitary lesions: high frequency of macroadenomas and hormone-secreting adenomas - results of a prospective study. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 1999;51:109-13 pubmed..All patients should undergo biochemical assessment and ophthalmological examination, since endocrine dysfunction or visual field defects may be present at the time a pituitary incidentaloma is detected. ..
- MacKenzie C, Gonzalez R, Kniep E, Roch S, Daubener W. Cytokine mediated regulation of interferon-gamma-induced IDO activation. Adv Exp Med Biol. 1999;467:533-9 pubmed..We describe here the effect of cytokines on IDO activation and in particular the inhibitory function of IL-10, TGF beta and IL-4. ..
- Busch K, Chantelau E. Effectiveness of a new brand of stock 'diabetic' shoes to protect against diabetic foot ulcer relapse. A prospective cohort study. Diabet Med. 2003;20:665-9 pubmed..0001, log rank test). The LucRo stock 'diabetic' shoe appears effective in the prevention of foot re-ulceration in high-risk patients with diabetic podopathy. ..
- Mayatepek E, Okun J, Meissner T, Assmann B, Hammond J, Zschocke J, et al. Synthesis and metabolism of leukotrienes in gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase deficiency. J Lipid Res. 2004;45:900-4 pubmed..GGT deficiency represents a new inborn error of cysteinyl LT synthesis and provides a unique model in which to study the pathobiological coherence of LT and glutathione metabolism. ..
- Möllemann M, Wolter M, Felsberg J, Collins V, Reifenberger G. Frequent promoter hypermethylation and low expression of the MGMT gene in oligodendroglial tumors. Int J Cancer. 2005;113:379-85 pubmed..Taken together, our data suggest that MGMT hypermethylation and low or absent expression are frequent in oligodendroglial tumors and likely contribute to the chemosensitivity of these tumors. ..
- Sell H, Dietze Schroeder D, Kaiser U, Eckel J. Monocyte chemotactic protein-1 is a potential player in the negative cross-talk between adipose tissue and skeletal muscle. Endocrinology. 2006;147:2458-67 pubmed..Therefore, MCP-1 may represent a molecular link in the negative cross-talk between adipose tissue and skeletal muscle assigning a completely novel important role to MCP-1 besides inflammation. ..
- Gesang B. Passive and active euthanasia: what is the difference?. Med Health Care Philos. 2008;11:175-80 pubmed..On this basis I will suggest a new definition of active and passive euthanasia. ..
- Pfleger C, Mortensen H, Hansen L, Herder C, Roep B, Hoey H, et al. Association of IL-1ra and adiponectin with C-peptide and remission in patients with type 1 diabetes. Diabetes. 2008;57:929-37 pubmed publisher..The relation of adiponectin and IL-6 with remission and metabolic status transfers observations from in vitro and animal models into the human situation in vivo. ..
- Lehmann H, Köhne A, Bernal F, Jangouk P, Meyer zu Horste G, Dehmel T, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase-2 is involved in myelination of dorsal root ganglia neurons. Glia. 2009;57:479-89 pubmed publisher..Endogenous or exogenous modulation of MMP-2 activity may be a relevant target to enhance regeneration in demyelinating diseases of the PNS. ..
- Gottmann K, Mittmann T, Lessmann V. BDNF signaling in the formation, maturation and plasticity of glutamatergic and GABAergic synapses. Exp Brain Res. 2009;199:203-34 pubmed publisher..This review attempts to summarize the current knowledge in synaptic secretion and synaptic action of BDNF, including both permissive and instructive effects of BDNF in synaptic plasticity. ..
- Lanzman R, Blondin D, Schmitt P, Orzechowski D, Godehardt E, Scherer A, et al. Non-enhanced 3D MR angiography of the lower extremity using ECG-gated TSE imaging with non-selective refocusing pulses--initial experience. Rofo. 2010;182:861-7 pubmed publisher..0001) for all regions. SPACE MRA disclosed 7 significant stenoses in 3 PAD patients. ECG-gated SPACE MRA is a promising imaging technique for non-enhanced assessment of the arteries of the lower extremity. ..
- Wolwer W, Frommann N. Social-cognitive remediation in schizophrenia: generalization of effects of the Training of Affect Recognition (TAR). Schizophr Bull. 2011;37 Suppl 2:S63-70 pubmed publisher..Results are discussed with regard to the need to improve functional outcome in schizophrenia against the background of current evidence from other social cognitive remediation approaches. ..
- Jobi K, Rauch B, Dangwal S, Freidel K, Doller A, Eberhardt W, et al. Redox regulation of human protease-activated receptor-2 by activated factor X. Free Radic Biol Med. 2011;51:1758-64 pubmed publisher..Thus FXa induces functional expression of PAR-2 but not of PAR-1 in human SMCs, independent of thrombin formation, via a mechanism involving NOX-1-containing NADPH oxidase, H(2)O(2), NF-?B, and HuR. ..
- Strom A, Kolb H, Martin S, Herder C, Simon M, Koenig W, et al. Improved preservation of residual beta cell function by atorvastatin in patients with recent onset type 1 diabetes and high CRP levels (DIATOR trial). PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33108 pubmed publisher..Atorvastatin treatment may be effective in slowing the decline of beta cell function in a patient subgroup defined by above median levels of CRP and other inflammation associated immune mediators. ClinicalTrials.gov NCT00974740. ..
- Jander S, Turowski B, Kieseier B, Hartung H. Emerging tumefactive multiple sclerosis after switching therapy from natalizumab to fingolimod. Mult Scler. 2012;18:1650-2 pubmed publisher..The possible relevance of natalizumab withdrawal vs fingolimod introduction is discussed against the background of recently published case studies. ..
- Widera M, Erkelenz S, Hillebrand F, Krikoni A, Widera D, Kaisers W, et al. An intronic G run within HIV-1 intron 2 is critical for splicing regulation of vif mRNA. J Virol. 2013;87:2707-20 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that an appropriate ratio of Vif-to-A3G protein levels is required for optimal virus replication and that part of Vif level regulation is effected by the novel G run identified here. ..
- Arnold D, Calabresi P, Kieseier B, Liu S, You X, Fiore D, et al. Peginterferon beta-1a improves MRI measures and increases the proportion of patients with no evidence of disease activity in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis: 2-year results from the ADVANCE randomized controlled trial. BMC Neurol. 2017;17:29 pubmed publisher..ClinicalTrials.gov: NCT00906399 ; Registered on: May 20, 2009. ..
- Łazewska D, Kaleta M, Schwed J, Karcz T, Mogilski S, Latacz G, et al. Biphenyloxy-alkyl-piperidine and azepane derivatives as histamine H3 receptor ligands. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:5341-5354 pubmed publisher..Metabolites produced were analyzed and tentatively identified by UPLC-MS techniques. The results demonstrated easy hydroxylation of the biphenyl ring. ..
- Platzbecker U, Germing U, Götze K, Kiewe P, Mayer K, Chromik J, et al. Luspatercept for the treatment of anaemia in patients with lower-risk myelodysplastic syndromes (PACE-MDS): a multicentre, open-label phase 2 dose-finding study with long-term extension study. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:1338-1347 pubmed publisher..Acceleron Pharma. ..
- Mostert V, Lombeck I, Abel J. A novel method for the purification of selenoprotein P from human plasma. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1998;357:326-30 pubmed..Both isoforms could be detected in fresh plasma from five individuals. This rules out the possibility of the second isoform being an artifact which results from degradation of full-length selenoprotein P during purification. ..
- Suschek C, Mahotka C, Schnorr O, Kolb Bachofen V. UVB radiation-mediated expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase activity and the augmenting role of co-induced TNF-alpha in human skin endothelial cells. J Invest Dermatol. 2004;123:950-7 pubmed..In summary, UVB induces iNOS mRNA and enzyme activity in HUDEC. Moreover, UVB augments CAT-2 expression through a TNF-alpha- dependent mechanism which essentially contributes to increased iNOS activity. ..
- Haussinger D, Gorg B. Interaction of oxidative stress, astrocyte swelling and cerebral ammonia toxicity. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2010;13:87-92 pubmed publisher..RNA oxidation offers a novel explanation for multiple disturbances of neurotransmitter systems and gene expression and the cognitive deficits observed in hepatic encephalopathy. ..
- Hillenkamp J, Reinhard T, Ross R, Böhringer D, Cartsburg O, Roggendorf M, et al. The effects of cidofovir 1% with and without cyclosporin a 1% as a topical treatment of acute adenoviral keratoconjunctivitis: a controlled clinical pilot study. Ophthalmology. 2002;109:845-50 pubmed..Further clinical studies to find an efficacious yet tolerable dosage regimen of cidofovir, possibly using an improved pharmaceutical preparation, are required. ..
- Borm P, Tran L. From quartz hazard to quartz risk: the coal mines revisited. Ann Occup Hyg. 2002;46:25-32 pubmed..Considering the independent effects of, and the well-known interaction between coal and quartz, these data could be important to other workplaces with usual mixed-dust exposure. ..
- Dino Rockel T, von Mikecz A. Proteasome-dependent processing of nuclear proteins is correlated with their subnuclear localization. J Struct Biol. 2002;140:189-99 pubmed..These data provide evidence that the proteasome proteolytic pathway is involved in processing of nuclear components, and thus may play an important role in the regulation of nuclear structure and function. ..
- Gartner J, Dehmel T, Klusmann A, Roerig P. Functional characterization of the adrenoleukodystrophy protein (ALDP) and disease pathogenesis. Endocr Res. 2002;28:741-8 pubmed..The established disease model will be used further to study the influence of possible disease modifier proteins on ALDP function...
- Rothamel D, Schwarz F, Sculean A, Herten M, Scherbaum W, Becker J. Biocompatibility of various collagen membranes in cultures of human PDL fibroblasts and human osteoblast-like cells. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2004;15:443-9 pubmed..Within the limits of the present study, it was concluded that (i) BG, TD and OS promoted, and (ii) BM inhibited the attachment and proliferation of human PDL fibroblasts and human SaOs-2 osteoblasts. ..
- Scheil H, Schmidt H, Efremovska L, Mikerezi I, Huckenbeck W. Phenotype and allele frequencies of some serum protein polymorphisms in populations of the Balkans. Anthropol Anz. 2004;62:429-34 pubmed..This indicates that in the present case the serum protein polymorphisms give no clearly defined information about the relationships between the Balkan populations and to the origin of Aromuns. ..
- Fangerau H. Can artificial parthenogenesis sidestep ethical pitfalls in human therapeutic cloning? An historical perspective. J Med Ethics. 2005;31:733-5 pubmed..His research, the public's response to his findings, and his ethical foundations serve as an historical argument both for the communication of science and compromise in biological research. ..
- Ziegler D, Ametov A, Barinov A, Dyck P, Gurieva I, Low P, et al. Oral treatment with alpha-lipoic acid improves symptomatic diabetic polyneuropathy: the SYDNEY 2 trial. Diabetes Care. 2006;29:2365-70 pubmed..Oral treatment with ALA for 5 weeks improved neuropathic symptoms and deficits in patients with DSP. An oral dose of 600 mg once daily appears to provide the optimum risk-to-benefit ratio. ..
- Moors M, Cline J, Abel J, Fritsche E. ERK-dependent and -independent pathways trigger human neural progenitor cell migration. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2007;221:57-67 pubmed..Based on these results, we postulate that migration of NHNP cells is controlled via ERK1/2-dependent and -independent pathways. ..
- Namdar T, Raffel A, Topp S, Namdar L, Alldinger I, Schmitt M, et al. Complications and treatment of migrated biliary endoprostheses: a review of the literature. World J Gastroenterol. 2007;13:5397-9 pubmed..We reported a colonic perforation due to biliary stent dislocation and migration to the rectosigmoid colon, and reviewed the literature. ..
- Chen M, Singer L, Scharf A, von Mikecz A. Nuclear polyglutamine-containing protein aggregates as active proteolytic centers. J Cell Biol. 2008;180:697-704 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that inclusions in the nucleus constitute active proteolysis modules that may serve to concentrate and decompose damaged, malfolded, or misplaced proteins. ..
- Kieseier B, Lehmann H, Meyer zu Horste G. Autoimmune diseases of the peripheral nervous system. Autoimmun Rev. 2012;11:191-5 pubmed publisher..Clearly, prospective controlled clinical trials are warranted before making firm conclusions on the feasibility of these innovative therapeutic approaches for treating immune-mediated disease of the peripheral nerve. ..
- Scheller J, Chalaris A, Garbers C, Rose John S. ADAM17: a molecular switch to control inflammation and tissue regeneration. Trends Immunol. 2011;32:380-7 pubmed publisher..Tissue-specific deletion, or hypomorphic knock-in, of Adam17 demonstrates an in vivo role for ADAM17 in controlling inflammation and tissue regeneration. The potential of ADAM17 as therapeutic target is also discussed. ..
- Wojtecki L, Elben S, Timmermann L, Reck C, Maarouf M, Jörgens S, et al. Modulation of human time processing by subthalamic deep brain stimulation. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24589 pubmed publisher..Our results corroborate the involvement of BG in general and of the STN in particular in the cognitive representation of time intervals in the range of multiple seconds. ..
- Bosse F. Extrinsic cellular and molecular mediators of peripheral axonal regeneration. Cell Tissue Res. 2012;349:5-14 pubmed publisher..The aim of this review is to summarize relevant extrinsic cellular and molecular determinants of successful axonal regeneration in rodents that contribute to the regenerative microenvironment of the PNS...
- Vordenbäumen S, Sander O, Bleck E, Schneider M, Fischer Betz R. Cardiovascular disease and serum defensin levels in systemic lupus erythematosus. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2012;30:364-70 pubmed..10; HNP r2 0.12). Neither log-hBD2 nor log-HNP were correlated to traditional cardiovascular risk factors. HNP and especially hBD2 may be indicators of progressive cardiovascular disease in SLE. ..
- Buchbender C, Heusner T, Lauenstein T, Bockisch A, Antoch G. Oncologic PET/MRI, part 1: tumors of the brain, head and neck, chest, abdomen, and pelvis. J Nucl Med. 2012;53:928-38 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this review is to summarize the available first experiences with PET/MRI and to outline the potential value of PET/MRI in oncologic applications for which data on PET/MRI are still lacking. ..
- Scholz C, Heublein S, Lenhard M, Friese K, Mayr D, Jeschke U. Glycodelin A is a prognostic marker to predict poor outcome in advanced stage ovarian cancer patients. BMC Res Notes. 2012;5:551 pubmed publisher..Glycodelin serum levels found in patients suffering from benign ovarian tumors, might contribute to a more global attenuation during progression of these precursor lesions. ..
- Garbers C, Spudy B, Aparicio Siegmund S, Waetzig G, Sommer J, Holscher C, et al. An interleukin-6 receptor-dependent molecular switch mediates signal transduction of the IL-27 cytokine subunit p28 (IL-30) via a gp130 protein receptor homodimer. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:4346-54 pubmed publisher..The binding of p28 to a gp130/Wsx-1 heterodimer or a gp130 homodimer is highly selective and controlled by a novel molecular switch induced by EBI3 or IL-6R, respectively. ..
- Icks A, Arend W, Becker C, Rapp K, Jungbluth P, Haastert B. Incidence of hip fractures in Germany, 1995-2010. Arch Osteoporos. 2013;8:140 pubmed publisher..In line with most European countries, the overall hip fracture incidence in Germany no longer increases. However, differences between age, sex, and region exist. ..
- Frauenstein K, Sydlik U, Tigges J, Majora M, Wiek C, Hanenberg H, et al. Evidence for a novel anti-apoptotic pathway in human keratinocytes involving the aryl hydrocarbon receptor, E2F1, and checkpoint kinase 1. Cell Death Differ. 2013;20:1425-34 pubmed publisher..These results identify for the first time the AHR-E2F1-CHK1 axis as a novel anti-apoptotic pathway in KC, which may represent a suitable target for chemoprevention of non-melanoma skin cancer. ..
- Pillukat T, Fuhrmann R, Windolf J, van Schoonhoven J. [Ligament reconstruction for lunotriquetral instability using a distally based strip of the extensor carpi ulnaris tendon]. Oper Orthop Traumatol. 2015;27:404-13 pubmed publisher..Reduction of grip strength, pain during exercise, and a reduced range of motion persist. Overall, the results are predominantly good and excellent. ..
- Gispert S, Santos N, Damen R, Voit T, Schulz J, Klockgether T, et al. Autosomal dominant familial spastic paraplegia: reduction of the FSP1 candidate region on chromosome 14q to 7 cM and locus heterogeneity. Am J Hum Genet. 1995;56:183-7 pubmed..In pedigrees D and S, the gene locus could be excluded from the whole FSP1 region, confirming the locus heterogeneity of autosomal dominant FSP. ..
- Kopp F, Hendil K, Dahlmann B, Kristensen P, Sobek A, Uerkvitz W. Subunit arrangement in the human 20S proteasome. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:2939-44 pubmed..The topography shows that for the trypsin-like, the chymotrypsin-like, and the postglutamyl cleaving activities, the pairs of beta type subunits, which are thought to form active sites, are nearest neighbors. ..
- Schmidt B, Ackermann R, Hartmann M, Strohmeyer T. Alterations of the metastasis suppressor gene nm23 and the proto-oncogene c-myc in human testicular germ cell tumors. J Urol. 1997;158:2000-5 pubmed..Despite the fact that in previous investigations nm23-H2 was demonstrated to be a putative transcription factor for c-myc, no coexpression of c-myc and nm23-H2 was found by quantitative RT-PCR in this study. ..
- MacKenzie C, Hadding U, Daubener W. Interferon-gamma-induced activation of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase in cord blood monocyte-derived macrophages inhibits the growth of group B streptococci. J Infect Dis. 1998;178:875-8 pubmed..Control of the extracellular as well as intracellular L-tryptophan levels may thus be one of the effector mechanisms with which the immune system defends the host against GBS dissemination and disease. ..
- Rosenbaum T, Rosenbaum C, Winner U, Muller H, Lenard H, Hanemann C. Long-term culture and characterization of human neurofibroma-derived Schwann cells. J Neurosci Res. 2000;61:524-32 pubmed..Application of our improved culture conditions makes neurofibroma-derived Schwann cells readily available for further studies to define their role in tumorigenesis in neurofibromatosis type 1. ..
- Rassaf T, Kleinbongard P, Preik M, Dejam A, Gharini P, Lauer T, et al. Plasma nitrosothiols contribute to the systemic vasodilator effects of intravenously applied NO: experimental and clinical Study on the fate of NO in human blood. Circ Res. 2002;91:470-7 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that in humans the pharmacological delivery of NO solutions results in the transport and delivery of NO as RSNOs along the vascular tree. ..
- Baltzer A, Lieberman J. Regional gene therapy to enhance bone repair. Gene Ther. 2004;11:344-50 pubmed..The purpose of this review is to highlight the advantages, disadvantages and clinical potential of various gene therapy strategies to enhance bone repair. ..
- Ramp U, Krieg T, Caliskan E, Mahotka C, Ebert T, Willers R, et al. XIAP expression is an independent prognostic marker in clear-cell renal carcinomas. Hum Pathol. 2004;35:1022-8 pubmed..018) in clear-cell RCCs. Our results suggest an important role for XIAP-mediated inhibition of apoptosis during progression of clear-cell RCCs and introduce XIAP expression as a new independent prognostic marker in this tumor type. ..
- Sabel M, Stummer W. The use of local agents: Surgicel and Surgifoam. Eur Spine J. 2004;13 Suppl 1:S97-101 pubmed
- Klosterhalfen S, Kellermann S, Stockhorst U, Wolf J, Kirschbaum C, Hall G, et al. Latent inhibition of rotation chair-induced nausea in healthy male and female volunteers. Psychosom Med. 2005;67:335-40 pubmed..Pre-exposure to an environment in which a nausea-inducing body rotation will subsequently be given constitutes a latent inhibition procedure that might act to reduce anticipatory and postrotation nausea...
- Windolf J. [Sample surgery report--surgical technique]. Unfallchirurg. 2006;109:671-2 pubmed
- Beiderlinden M, Treschan T, Görlinger K, Peters J. Argatroban anticoagulation in critically ill patients. Ann Pharmacother. 2007;41:749-54 pubmed..A tenfold lower starting dose is sufficient and safe for effective anticoagulation in this specific patient population. ..
- Dai G, Freudenberger T, Zipper P, Melchior A, Grether Beck S, Rabausch B, et al. Chronic ultraviolet B irradiation causes loss of hyaluronic acid from mouse dermis because of down-regulation of hyaluronic acid synthases. Am J Pathol. 2007;171:1451-61 pubmed..In conclusion, chronic UVB irradiation induces loss of HA from the dermis, thereby contributing to the quiescent phenotype of dermal fibroblasts. ..
- Kolvenbach R, Shiffrin E, Schwierz E, Wassiljew S, Caggianos C. Evaluation of an aortic stapler for an open aortic anastomosis. J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino). 2007;48:659-65 pubmed
- Vierkötter A, Ranft U, Kramer U, Sugiri D, Reimann V, Krutmann J. The SCINEXA: a novel, validated score to simultaneously assess and differentiate between intrinsic and extrinsic skin ageing. J Dermatol Sci. 2009;53:207-11 pubmed publisher..The novel 'SCINEXA' is suitable for the simultaneous assessment of intrinsic and extrinsic skin ageing. ..