Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Bochum, North Rhine Westphalia, Germany
Locale: Bochum, North Rhine Westphalia, Germany
Publications495 found, 100 shown here
- Esimone C, Eck G, Duong T, Uberla K, Proksch P, Grunwald T. Potential anti-respiratory syncytial virus lead compounds from Aglaia species. Pharmazie. 2008;63:768-73 pubmed..Therefore, dammarenolic acid, aglaiol and niloticin demonstrate potent anti-RSV activity that shouldbe explored further in the current search for anti-RSV therapeutic agents...
- Stenzel N, Fetzer C, Heumann R, Erdmann K. PDZ-domain-directed basolateral targeting of the peripheral membrane protein FRMPD2 in epithelial cells. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:3374-84 pubmed publisher..Our results provide novel insights into the molecular function of FRMPD2 and into the targeting mechanism of peripheral membrane proteins in polarized epithelial cells. ..
- Rohe S, Engelhardt M, Harders A, Schmieder K. Anterior cervical discectomy and titanium cage fusion - 7-year follow-up. Cent Eur Neurosurg. 2009;70:180-6 pubmed publisher..A comparison with patients without surgery and conservative therapy is needed to allow a better interpretation of the radiological results. ..
- Sand M, Bollenbach M, Sand D, Lotz H, Thrandorf C, Cirkel C, et al. Epidemiology of aeromedical evacuation: an analysis of 504 cases. J Travel Med. 2010;17:405-9 pubmed publisher..Patients are likely to benefit from further epidemiological assessments like those presented in this study. ..
- Swol J, BelohlÃ¡vek J, Haft J, Ichiba S, Lorusso R, Peek G. Conditions and procedures for in-hospital extracorporeal life support (ECLS) in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) of adult patients. Perfusion. 2016;31:182-8 pubmed publisher..The differences in hospital organizations and their regulations may result in variations of this model. ..
- Lewer M, Nasrawi N, Schroeder D, Vocks S. Body image disturbance in binge eating disorder: a comparison of obese patients with and without binge eating disorder regarding the cognitive, behavioral and perceptual component of body image. Eat Weight Disord. 2016;21:115-25 pubmed publisher..These results support the assumption that body image disturbance is a relevant factor in BED, similar to other eating disorders. ..
- Kleiter I, Gold R. Present and Future Therapies in Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorders. Neurotherapeutics. 2016;13:70-83 pubmed publisher..Current advances in immunopathological knowledge are translated into innovative concepts and begin a new era of NMOSD therapy. ..
- Brechmann T, Schmiegel W, Klute L, RÃ¶sch T, Pox C. Feasibility of a colon capsule overnight procedure followed by colonoscopy. Z Gastroenterol. 2016;54:146-51 pubmed publisher..Overnight CCE-procedure followed by direct capsule-reading is feasible and safe and might avoid repetitive bowel preparation for subsequent colonoscopy. The bowel preparation needs to be improved. ..
- Burwinkel B, Kilimann M. Unequal homologous recombination between LINE-1 elements as a mutational mechanism in human genetic disease. J Mol Biol. 1998;277:513-7 pubmed..The sequence features of the recombining LINE-1 elements and of the recombination junction site, and possible reasons for the more frequent occurrence of unequal homologous recombination between Alu elements are discussed. ..
- Kunau W, Erdmann R. Peroxisome biogenesis: back to the endoplasmic reticulum?. Curr Biol. 1998;8:R299-302 pubmed..Recent observations suggest a further route: a subset of peroxisomal membrane proteins might be targeted first to the endoplasmic reticulum, and from there to peroxisomes by vesicle-mediated transport...
- Jensen A, Garnier Y, Berger R. Dynamics of fetal circulatory responses to hypoxia and asphyxia. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 1999;84:155-72 pubmed..what factors determine this collapse of circulatory compensating mechanisms in the fetus, how does it relate to neuronal damage, and how can the fetal brain be pharmacologically protected against the adverse effects of asphyxia? ..
- Herrmann L, Dittmar T, Erdmann K. The protein tyrosine phosphatase PTP-BL associates with the midbody and is involved in the regulation of cytokinesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:230-40 pubmed..We suggest that PTP-BL plays a role in the regulation of cytokinesis. ..
- Mullershausen F, Friebe A, Feil R, Thompson W, Hofmann F, Koesling D. Direct activation of PDE5 by cGMP: long-term effects within NO/cGMP signaling. J Cell Biol. 2003;160:719-27 pubmed..In sum, we suggest NO-induced activation and phosphorylation of PDE5 as the mechanism for a long-lasting negative feedback loop shaping the cGMP response in human platelets in order to adapt to the amount of NO available. ..
- Brasch F, Schimanski S, Mühlfeld C, Barlage S, Langmann T, Aslanidis C, et al. Alteration of the pulmonary surfactant system in full-term infants with hereditary ABCA3 deficiency. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2006;174:571-80 pubmed..To identify infants with hereditary ABCA3 deficiency, we suggest a combined diagnostic approach including immunohistochemical, ultrastructural, and mutation analysis. ..
- Neuhaus E, Mashukova A, Barbour J, Wolters D, Hatt H. Novel function of beta-arrestin2 in the nucleus of mature spermatozoa. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:3047-56 pubmed..Analysis of the interaction partners of beta-arrestin2 indicates that odorant receptor signaling in spermatozoa may be important for the regulation of gene expression during the early processes of fertilization. ..
- Raulf Heimsoth M, Kespohl S, Crespo J, Rodriguez J, Feliu A, Brüning T, et al. Natural rubber latex and chestnut allergy: cross-reactivity or co-sensitization?. Allergy. 2007;62:1277-81 pubmed..Chestnut and natural rubber latex (NRL) allergy are often associated in the latex-fruit syndrome...
- Tenbusch M, Kuate S, Tippler B, Gerlach N, Schimmer S, Dittmer U, et al. Coexpression of GM-CSF and antigen in DNA prime-adenoviral vector boost immunization enhances polyfunctional CD8+ T cell responses, whereas expression of GM-CSF antigen fusion protein induces autoimmunity. BMC Immunol. 2008;9:13 pubmed publisher
- Sander I, Fleischer C, Borowitzki G, Bruning T, Raulf Heimsoth M. Development of a two-site enzyme immunoassay based on monoclonal antibodies to measure airborne exposure to (1-->3)-beta-D-glucan. J Immunol Methods. 2008;337:55-62 pubmed publisher..Thus, the assay is suited for the investigation of the health effects induced by exposure to this class of biologically active molecules. ..
- Sand M, Bechara F, Sand D, Mann B. Surgical and medical emergencies on board European aircraft: a retrospective study of 10189 cases. Crit Care. 2009;13:R3 pubmed publisher..The study demonstrates that although aviation is regulated by a variety of national and international laws, standardised documentation of IMEs is inadequate and needs further development. ..
- Siddiqui S, Horvat Bröcker A, Faissner A. The glia-derived extracellular matrix glycoprotein tenascin-C promotes embryonic and postnatal retina axon outgrowth via the alternatively spliced fibronectin type III domain TNfnD. Neuron Glia Biol. 2008;4:271-83 pubmed publisher..The present study highlights a strong retinal axon growth-promoting activity of the Tnc domain TNfnD, which is modulated by neighboring domains. ..
- Hoffmann K. Volumizing effects of a smooth, highly cohesive, viscous 20-mg/mL hyaluronic acid volumizing filler: prospective European study. BMC Dermatol. 2009;9:9 pubmed publisher..Participants were very likely to recommend this product to colleagues and friends, and patients would be very or quite likely to request this product for future treatments. ..
- Gambichler T, Kammann S, Tigges C, Kobus S, Skrygan M, Meier J, et al. Cell cycle regulation and proliferation in lichen sclerosus. Regul Pept. 2011;167:209-14 pubmed publisher..With regard to cell cycle regulation and proliferation rates, ELS significantly differs from its genital counterpart. ..
- Marek E, Friz Y, Pohl W, Vogel P, Muckenhoff K, Kotschy Lang N, et al. [Efficiency as a new parameter of physical fitness of patients in 6-minute-walk-test]. Rehabilitation (Stuttg). 2011;50:118-26 pubmed publisher..Efficiency, hence, is a meaningful complement to the sole consideration of the distance walked in the assessment of physical fitness as a benefit of rehabilitation. ..
- Wolf O, Bauser D, Daum I. Eyeblink conditional discrimination learning in healthy young men is impaired after stress exposure. Psychophysiology. 2012;49:164-71 pubmed publisher..Controls, in contrast, acquired the discrimination rapidly. The present study provides further evidence for an impairing effect of acute stress on tasks relying on the hippocampal formation. ..
- Hagemann N, Hou X, Goody R, Itzen A, Erdmann K. Crystal structure of the Rab binding domain of OCRL1 in complex with Rab8 and functional implications of the OCRL1/Rab8 module for Lowe syndrome. Small Gtpases. 2012;3:107-10 pubmed publisher..This could direct further work on OCRL1 leading to a better understanding of the complex disease mechanism of Lowe syndrome. ..
- Ayzenberg I, Kleiter I, Schröder A, Hellwig K, Chan A, Yamamura T, et al. Interleukin 6 receptor blockade in patients with neuromyelitis optica nonresponsive to anti-CD20 therapy. JAMA Neurol. 2013;70:394-7 pubmed publisher..To report first experiences with interleukin 6 receptor inhibition in therapy-resistant neuromyelitis optica (NMO)...
- Klotz K, Angerer J. Quantification of naphthoquinone mercapturic acids in urine as biomarkers of naphthalene exposure. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2016;1012-1013:89-96 pubmed publisher..A good precision and low limits of detection were achieved. Application of those new biomarkers in biomonitoring studies may give deeper insights into the mechanisms of the human naphthalene metabolism. ..
- Margraf J, Lavallee K, Zhang X, Schneider S. Social Rhythm and Mental Health: A Cross-Cultural Comparison. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0150312 pubmed publisher..S., and Germany. Relationships with mental health are present in all three countries, but differ in magnitude. Social rhythm irregularity is related to mental health in Russia, the U.S., and Germany. ..
- Peters S, Suchan B, Rusin J, Daum I, Köster O, Przuntek H, et al. Apomorphine reduces BOLD signal in fMRI during voluntary movement in Parkinsonian patients. Neuroreport. 2003;14:809-12 pubmed..These findings warrant future consideration and further investigation of possible central inhibitory effects of dopaminergic therapy in functional imaging studies in PD. ..
- Bufe A, Ziegler Kirbach E, Stoeckmann E, Heidemann P, Gehlhar K, Holland Letz T, et al. Efficacy of sublingual swallow immunotherapy in children with severe grass pollen allergic symptoms: a double-blind placebo-controlled study. Allergy. 2004;59:498-504 pubmed..In this study SLIT was accompanied by a significant placebo effect. Efficacy of treatment could only be seen in children with severe clinical symptoms and this became clinically marked after 3 years of therapy. ..
- Napirei M, Wulf S, Mannherz H. Chromatin breakdown during necrosis by serum Dnase1 and the plasminogen system. Arthritis Rheum. 2004;50:1873-83 pubmed..The failure of such a clearance mechanism might lead to antinuclear autoimmunity similar to that observed in the Dnase1-deficient mouse. ..
- Lehnhardt M, Steinstraesser L, Druecke D, Muehlberger T, Steinau H, Homann H. Fournier's gangrene after Milligan-Morgan hemorrhoidectomy requiring subsequent abdominoperineal resection of the rectum: report of a case. Dis Colon Rectum. 2004;47:1729-33 pubmed..The rectum had to be removed by abdominoperineal resection. This disastrous complication was completely unexpected and unpredictable after Milligan-Morgan hemorrhoidectomy because of the lack of predisposing factors. ..
- Schneider S, Feilen P, Schreckenberger M, Schwanstecher M, Schwanstecher C, Buchholz H, et al. In vitro and in vivo evaluation of novel glibenclamide derivatives as imaging agents for the non-invasive assessment of the pancreatic islet cell mass in animals and humans. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. 2005;113:388-95 pubmed..The development of a (99 m)Tc-labelled glibenclamide derivative with a lower lipophilicity and differing in vivo behaviour, glibenclamide based compounds for non-invasive imaging of the pancreatic islet cell mass may be possible...
- Kesting M, Holzle F, Pox C, Thurmüller P, Wolff K. Animal bite injuries to the head: 132 cases. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2006;44:235-9 pubmed..We concluded that antibiotic prophylaxis is essential for several indications and the antibiotic of first choice is amoxycillin-clavulanic acid. Primary wound closure is an approved principle even in infected wounds. ..
- Engelhardt M, Folkers W, Brenke C, Scholz M, Harders A, Fidorra H, et al. Neurosurgical operations with the patient in sitting position: analysis of risk factors using transcranial Doppler sonography. Br J Anaesth. 2006;96:467-72 pubmed..If surgery is performed in seated PFO patients, additional monitoring and special care are warranted. ..
- Weyhe D, Winnemöller C, Hellwig A, Meurer K, Plugge H, Kasoly K, et al. [(section sign) 115 b SGB V threatens outpatient treatment for inguinal hernia. Analysis of outcome and economics]. Chirurg. 2006;77:844-55 pubmed..Despite these advantages, it still remains economically unattractive to hospital management because of the 20% cover shortage. Improvements in the current legislation are urgently desired. ..
- Rempf C, Helmke K, Gottschalk A, Farokhzad F, Burmeister M. Intraoperative anisocoria in a child during renal transplantation. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2008;52:307-9 pubmed..A transcranial sonography was performed, showing no intracranial pathology. However, retinal hypoperfusion detected with orbital doppler sonography was a plausible explanation for anisocoria...
- Grzendowski M, Wolter M, Riemenschneider M, Knobbe C, Schlegel U, Meyer H, et al. Differential proteome analysis of human gliomas stratified for loss of heterozygosity on chromosomal arms 1p and 19q. Neuro Oncol. 2010;12:243-56 pubmed publisher..In addition, our data support the hypothesis that 1p/19q-deleted gliomas frequently show epigenetic down-regulation of multiple genes due to aberrant methylation of the 5'-CpG islands. ..
- Klapdor B, Ewig S, Pletz M, Rohde G, Schütte H, Schaberg T, et al. Community-acquired pneumonia in younger patients is an entity on its own. Eur Respir J. 2012;39:1156-61 pubmed publisher..9%, also lower in patients without comorbidity (0.8% versus 6.1%). Most of the differences found clearly arise after the fifth or within the middle of the sixth decade. CAP in the younger patient is a clinically distinct entity. ..
- Verdoodt B, Vogt M, Schmitz I, Liffers S, Tannapfel A, Mirmohammadsadegh A. Salinomycin induces autophagy in colon and breast cancer cells with concomitant generation of reactive oxygen species. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44132 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that, in addition to its previously reported induction of caspase dependent apoptosis, the initiation of autophagy is an important and early effect of salinomycin in tumor cells. ..
- Gerz E, Geraskin D, Franke J, Platen P, Steimers A, Kohl Bareis M. Tissue oxygenation during exercise measured with NIRS: reproducibility and influence of wavelengths. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2013;789:171-177 pubmed publisher..5 %) both for the same-day and different-day tests. The reproducibility of changes in SO2 was better than 1 %. ..
- Schmitt I, Epplen J, Riess O. Predominant neuronal expression of the gene responsible for dentatorubral-pallidoluysian atrophy (DRPLA) in rat. Hum Mol Genet. 1995;4:1619-24 pubmed..In addition this transcript is predominantly represented in neuronal tissues throughout all developmental stages investigated. ..
- Grzendowski M, Riemenschneider M, Hawranke E, Stefanski A, Meyer H, Reifenberger G, et al. Simultaneous extraction of nucleic acids and proteins from tissue specimens by ultracentrifugation: A protocol using the high-salt protein fraction for quantitative proteome analysis. Proteomics. 2009;9:4985-90 pubmed publisher..We applied this method to extracts from primary human brain tumors and demonstrate its successful application for protein expression profiling in these tumors using 2-D DIGE, MS and Western blotting. ..
- Bartz H, Büning Pfaue F, Türkel O, Schauer U. Respiratory syncytial virus induces prostaglandin E2, IL-10 and IL-11 generation in antigen presenting cells. Clin Exp Immunol. 2002;129:438-45 pubmed..Since IL-10, IL-11 and PGE2 are known to act immunosuppressive rather than proinflammatory, these mediators might be responsible for the delayed protective RSV specific immune response. ..
- Arning L, Jagiello P, Wieczorek S, Saft C, Andrich J, Epplen J. Glutathione S-Transferase Omega 1 variation does not influence age at onset of Huntington's disease. BMC Med Genet. 2004;5:7 pubmed..controls concerning, both, genotype and allele frequencies, respectively. The GSTO1 and GSTO2 genes flanked by the investigated polymorphisms are not comprised in a primary candidate region influencing AO in HD. ..
- Rommel O, Kley R, Dekomien G, Epplen J, Vorgerd M, Hasenbring M. Muscle pain in myophosphorylase deficiency (McArdle's disease): the role of gender, genotype, and pain-related coping. Pain. 2006;124:295-304 pubmed..Gender-related genetic factors as well as maladaptive pain-related coping may contribute to the development of such a chronic pain symptom. ..
- Dasch B, Endres H, Maier C, Lungenhausen M, Smektala R, Trampisch H, et al. Fracture-related hip pain in elderly patients with proximal femoral fracture after discharge from stationary treatment. Eur J Pain. 2008;12:149-56 pubmed..This analysis shows that a substantial percentage of elderly patients with proximal femoral fracture suffer intense fracture-related hip pain after stationary treatment. ..
- Pilic D, Fröhlich T, Nöh F, Pappas A, Schmidt Choudhury A, Kohler H, et al. Detection of gastroesophageal reflux in children using combined multichannel intraluminal impedance and pH measurement: data from the German Pediatric Impedance Group. J Pediatr. 2011;158:650-654.e1 pubmed publisher..Our findings confirm that MII-pH is superior to pH monitoring alone in detecting GER. ..
- Geldmacher Y, Kitanovic I, Alborzinia H, Bergerhoff K, Rubbiani R, Wefelmeier P, et al. Cellular selectivity and biological impact of cytotoxic rhodium(III) and iridium(III) complexes containing methyl-substituted phenanthroline ligands. ChemMedChem. 2011;6:429-39 pubmed publisher..Complex 5 also exhibits high selectivity toward BJAB lymphoma cells relative to healthy leukocytes. Both 5 and 8 invoke permanent decreases in the adhesion and respiration of MCF-7 cells...
- Westermann A, Rönnau A, Krumova E, Regeniter S, Schwenkreis P, Rolke R, et al. Pain-associated mild sensory deficits without hyperalgesia in chronic non-neuropathic pain. Clin J Pain. 2011;27:782-9 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of central pathways by nociceptive input and altered sensory processing due to disuse of the hand are possible mechanisms. These functional sensory alterations do not interfere with the diagnosis of neuropathy. ..
- Ocklenburg S, Arning L, Hahn C, Gerding W, Epplen J, Gunturkun O, et al. Variation in the NMDA receptor 2B subunit gene GRIN2B is associated with differential language lateralization. Behav Brain Res. 2011;225:284-9 pubmed publisher..Such an association was not identified for handedness. These findings suggest that variation in NMDA-receptors contributes to the interindividual variability of language lateralization. ..
- Enzi B, Edel M, Lissek S, Peters S, Hoffmann R, Nicolas V, et al. Altered ventral striatal activation during reward and punishment processing in premanifest Huntington's disease: a functional magnetic resonance study. Exp Neurol. 2012;235:256-64 pubmed publisher..Altered reward and punishment processing could therefore reflect a motivational deficit that may contribute to the pathogenesis of Huntington's disease. ..
- Kallenbach Thieltges A, Großerüschkamp F, Mosig A, Diem M, Tannapfel A, Gerwert K. Immunohistochemistry, histopathology and infrared spectral histopathology of colon cancer tissue sections. J Biophotonics. 2013;6:88-100 pubmed publisher..This comparison revealed excellent agreement between the methods, and demonstrated that label-free SHP detects compositional changes in tissue that are the basis of the sensitivity of IHC...
- Wallrabenstein I, Kuklan J, Weber L, Zborala S, Werner M, Altmuller J, et al. Human trace amine-associated receptor TAAR5 can be activated by trimethylamine. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e54950 pubmed publisher..We demonstrated that the observed specific anosmia for trimethylamine is not correlated with a SNP in the coding sequence of one of the putatively functional human TAAR genes. ..
- Michalik C, Skaletz Rorowski A, Brockmeyer N. [The Competence Network for HIV/AIDS. Data, Samples, Facts]. Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz. 2016;59:489-96 pubmed publisher..The KompNet HIV/AIDS cohorts became an important partner in several international collaborations. Nevertheless, the maintenance of such infrastructures without public funding is aÂ challenge. ..
- Lüdecke B, Knappskog P, Clayton P, Surtees R, Clelland J, Heales S, et al. Recessively inherited L-DOPA-responsive parkinsonism in infancy caused by a point mutation (L205P) in the tyrosine hydroxylase gene. Hum Mol Genet. 1996;5:1023-8 pubmed..Treatment with L-DOPA resulted in normalisation of the CSF homovanillic acid concentration and a sustained improvement in parkinsonian symptoms. ..
- Dekomien G, Epplen J. The canine Phosducin gene: characterization of the exon-intron structure and exclusion as a candidate gene for generalized progressive retinal atrophy in 11 dog breeds. Mol Vis. 2002;8:138-42 pubmed..CONCLUSIONS PDC was excluded as a candidate gene for autosomal recessively (ar) transmitted gPRA in 11 of the 20 dog breeds investigated. ..
- Bauer T, Lorenz J, Bodmann K, Vogel F. [Abbreviated guidelines for prevention, diagnostics, and therapy of nosocomial pneumonia]. Med Klin (Munich). 2005;100:355-60 pubmed
- Harth V, Raulf Heimsoth M, Bruning T, Merget R. Isolated late asthmatic reaction after exposure to ammonium persulfate in a hairdresser. Contact Dermatitis. 2006;54:62-3 pubmed
- Schinkel C, Gaertner A, Zaspel J, Zedler S, Faist E, Schuermann M. Inflammatory mediators are altered in the acute phase of posttraumatic complex regional pain syndrome. Clin J Pain. 2006;22:235-9 pubmed..The pathogenesis of this syndrome is unclear. It has clinical signs of severe local inflammation as a result of an exaggerated inflammatory response, but neurogenic dysregulation also may contribute to it...
- Weiss T, Bruning T, Bolt H. Dephenylation of the rubber chemical N-phenyl-2-naphthylamine to carcinogenic 2-naphthylamine: a classical problem revisited. Crit Rev Toxicol. 2007;37:553-66 pubmed..The assumption, which may well be an overestimation, is compatible with findings in animal experiments, and explains the lack of direct evidence of carcinogenicity of PBNA in both experimental and epidemiological studies. ..
- Gambichler T, Rotterdam S, Tigges C, Altmeyer P, Bechara F. Impact of ultraviolet radiation on the expression of marker proteins of gap and adhesion junctions in human epidermis. Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed. 2008;24:318-21 pubmed publisher..UVB significantly alters the epidermal expression of gap and adhesion junction proteins possibly indicating a role of these proteins in the regulation of UV-induced inflammation and development and progression of skin cancer. ..
- van Kampen V, Merget R, Rabstein S, Sander I, Bruening T, Broding H, et al. Comparison of wheat and rye flour solutions for skin prick testing: a multi-centre study (Stad 1). Clin Exp Allergy. 2009;39:1896-902 pubmed publisher..Improvement and standardization of SPT solutions used for the diagnosis of baker's asthma are highly recommended. ..
- Grytz R, Meschke G. A computational remodeling approach to predict the physiological architecture of the collagen fibril network in corneo-scleral shells. Biomech Model Mechanobiol. 2010;9:225-35 pubmed publisher..The presented approach is applied to a numerical human eye model considering the cornea and sclera. The predicted fibril morphology correlates well with experimental observations from X-ray scattering data. ..
- Gambichler T, Tigges C, Burkert B, Hoxtermann S, Altmeyer P, Kreuter A. Absolute count of T and B lymphocyte subsets is decreased in systemic sclerosis. Eur J Med Res. 2010;15:44-6 pubmed..Previous reports on lymphocyte subpopulations in systemic sclerosis (SSc) are conflicting. Therefore, we aimed to investigate the lymphocyte subsets in SSc patients who were not on immunosuppressive therapy...
- Juergens A, Pels H, Rogowski S, Fliessbach K, Glasmacher A, Engert A, et al. Long-term survival with favorable cognitive outcome after chemotherapy in primary central nervous system lymphoma. Ann Neurol. 2010;67:182-9 pubmed publisher..To evaluate long-term progression-free survival and overall survival, quality of life, and cognitive function in primary central nervous system lymphoma after systemic and intraventricular chemotherapy without radiotherapy...
- Steinstraesser L, Kraneburg U, Jacobsen F, Al Benna S. Host defense peptides and their antimicrobial-immunomodulatory duality. Immunobiology. 2011;216:322-33 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, HDPs are now evaluated as model molecules for the development of novel natural antibiotics and immunoregulatory compounds. This review provides an overview of HDPs focused on their antimicrobial-immunomodulatory duality. ..
- Pennartz C, Schenker N, Menge B, Schmidt W, Nauck M, Meier J. Chronic reduction of fasting glycemia with insulin glargine improves first- and second-phase insulin secretion in patients with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2011;34:2048-53 pubmed publisher..These data provide a rationale for basal insulin treatment regiments to improve postprandial endogenous insulin secretion in hyperglycemic patients with type 2 diabetes. ..
- Dick H. Controlled clinical trial comparing biaxial microincision with coaxial small incision for cataract surgery. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2012;22:739-50 pubmed publisher..Clinical outcomes of biaxial microincision versus coaxial small incision cataract surgery were compared in a prospective, controlled, paired-eye clinical study...
- Tenbusch M, Ignatius R, Temchura V, Nabi G, Tippler B, Stewart Jones G, et al. Risk of immunodeficiency virus infection may increase with vaccine-induced immune response. J Virol. 2012;86:10533-9 pubmed publisher..The results are consistent with the hypothesis that virus-specific T helper cells mediate this detrimental effect and contribute to the inefficacy of past HIV vaccination attempts (e.g., STEP study)...
- Gavriljuk K, Gazdag E, Itzen A, Kötting C, Goody R, Gerwert K. Catalytic mechanism of a mammalian Rab·RabGAP complex in atomic detail. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:21348-53 pubmed publisher..The combination of X-ray structure analysis and time-resolved FTIR spectroscopy provides detailed insight in the catalysis of human Rab GTPases. ..
- Johnen G, Rozynek P, von der Gathen Y, Bryk O, Zdrenka R, Johannes C, et al. Cross-contamination of a UROtsa stock with T24 cells--molecular comparison of different cell lines and stocks. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64139 pubmed publisher..Our results should help to improve the identification of UROtsa and other cells on different molecular levels and provide information on the use of urothelial cells for long-term experiments. ..
- Penders J, Gerhold K, Stobberingh E, Thijs C, Zimmermann K, Lau S, et al. Establishment of the intestinal microbiota and its role for atopic dermatitis in early childhood. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2013;132:601-607.e8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the "beneficial" influence of older siblings on the microbiota composition suggests that this microbiota may be one of the biological mechanisms underlying the sibling effect. ..
- Reuber B, Karl C, Reimann S, Mihalik S, Dodt G. Cloning and functional expression of a mammalian gene for a peroxisomal sarcosine oxidase. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:6766-76 pubmed
- Rihs H, Chen Z, Ru ff F, Petersen A, Rozynek P, Heimann H, et al. IgE binding of the recombinant allergen soybean profilin (rGly m 3) is mediated by conformational epitopes. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 1999;104:1293-301 pubmed..rGly m 3 represents a new soybean allergen with well-characterized primary sequence, and its IgE-binding reactivity is mediated by conformational epitopes...
- Hovemann B, Reim I, Werner S, Katz S, Saumweber H. The protein Hrb57A of Drosophila melanogaster closely related to hnRNP K from vertebrates is present at sites active in transcription and coprecipitates with four RNA-binding proteins. Gene. 2000;245:127-37 pubmed
- Klein W, Tromm A, Griga T, Fricke H, Folwaczny C, Hocke M, et al. Interleukin-4 and interleukin-4 receptor gene polymorphisms in inflammatory bowel diseases. Genes Immun. 2001;2:287-9 pubmed..03). This allele entails reduced expression of IL-4. The reason for these contrasting findings may be discussed in the context of a putatively predisposing allele in linkage disequilibrium with the alleles of the interleukin-4 gene. ..
- Ballweber E, Hannappel E, Huff T, Stephan H, Haener M, Taschner N, et al. Polymerisation of chemically cross-linked actin:thymosin beta(4) complex to filamentous actin: alteration in helical parameters and visualisation of thymosin beta(4) binding on F-actin. J Mol Biol. 2002;315:613-25 pubmed..However, parts of the difference map might represent subtle conformational changes of both proteins occurring upon complex formation. ..
- Pöggeler S, Kück U. A WD40 repeat protein regulates fungal cell differentiation and can be replaced functionally by the mammalian homologue striatin. Eukaryot Cell. 2004;3:232-40 pubmed..Our data strongly suggest that an evolutionarily conserved cellular process controlling eukaryotic cell differentiation may regulate fruiting body formation. ..
- Sand M, Bechara F, Sand D, Radenhausen M, Tomi N, Altmeyer P, et al. Extracorporeal photopheresis as a treatment for patients with severe, refractory atopic dermatitis. Dermatology. 2007;215:134-8 pubmed..However, larger studies are needed to further evaluate its therapeutic potential. ..
- Bussing A, Stumpf C, Tröger W, Schietzel M. Course of mitogen-stimulated T lymphocytes in cancer patients treated with Viscum album extracts. Anticancer Res. 2007;27:2903-10 pubmed..In a prospective observational study, the impact of two different dose regimes of a commercially available fermented Viscum album L. extract (VA-E, Iscador) on the function of T lymphocytes from cancer patients was investigated...
- Tischoff I, Tannapfel A. [Epigenetic alterations in colorectal carcinomas and precancerous lesions]. Z Gastroenterol. 2008;46:1202-6 pubmed publisher..Further CIMP+ are located in the proximal right-side colon and show a poor grading with mucinous or signet-cell differentiation. ..
- Petrak F, Hautzinger M, Plack K, Kronfeld K, Ruckes C, Herpertz S, et al. Cognitive behavioural therapy in elderly type 2 diabetes patients with minor depression or mild major depression: study protocol of a randomized controlled trial (MIND-DIA). BMC Geriatr. 2010;10:21 pubmed publisher..Depending on additional funding, the sample will be continuously observed as a prospective cohort; the primary outcome will be changed to mortality for all subsequent follow-up measurements. ..