Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on developmental gene expression regulation in Bonn, North Rhine Westphalia, Germany
Locale: Bonn, North Rhine Westphalia, Germany
Topic: developmental gene expression regulation
- Ehlermann J, Pfisterer P, Schorle H. Dynamic expression of Krüppel-like factor 4 (Klf4), a target of transcription factor AP-2alpha during murine mid-embryogenesis. Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol. 2003;273:677-80 pubmed..These findings suggest that Klf4 plays an important role in regulating cellular proliferation, which underlies the morphogenetic changes that shape the developing embryo. ..
- Maxeiner S, Kruger O, Schilling K, Traub O, Urschel S, Willecke K. Spatiotemporal transcription of connexin45 during brain development results in neuronal expression in adult mice. Neuroscience. 2003;119:689-700 pubmed
- Tesfaye D, Regassa A, Rings F, Ghanem N, Phatsara C, Tholen E, et al. Suppression of the transcription factor MSX1 gene delays bovine preimplantation embryo development in vitro. Reproduction. 2010;139:857-70 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, suppression of MSX1 affects oocyte maturation, embryo cleavage rate and the expression of several genes, suggesting its potential role in the development of bovine preimplantation embryos. ..
- Bauer R, Lehmann C, Fuss B, Eckardt F, Hoch M. The Drosophila gap junction channel gene innexin 2 controls foregut development in response to Wingless signalling. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:1859-67 pubmed..This is the first evidence, to our knowledge, that an invertebrate gap junction gene controls epithelial tissue and organ morphogenesis in response to the conserved WNT signalling cascade. ..
- Schuller U, Lamp E, Schilling K. Developmental expression of heterotrimeric G-proteins in the murine cerebellar cortex. Histochem Cell Biol. 2001;116:149-59 pubmed
- Lu H, Hesse M, Peters B, Magin T. Type II keratins precede type I keratins during early embryonic development. Eur J Cell Biol. 2005;84:709-18 pubmed..Whether the premature expression of type II keratins relates to their proposed role in TNF- and Fas-mediated signalling is presently unknown. ..
- Zürner M, Schoch S. The mouse and human Liprin-alpha family of scaffolding proteins: genomic organization, expression profiling and regulation by alternative splicing. Genomics. 2009;93:243-53 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, regulation via alternative splicing is not conserved between isoforms and across species and represents a post-transcriptional mechanism to independently diversify the properties of the individual isoforms. ..
- Zöller I, Meixner M, Hartmann D, Bussow H, Meyer R, Gieselmann V, et al. Absence of 2-hydroxylated sphingolipids is compatible with normal neural development but causes late-onset axon and myelin sheath degeneration. J Neurosci. 2008;28:9741-54 pubmed publisher..Because axon degeneration appear to start rather early with respect to myelin degenerations, these lipids might be required for glial support of axon function. ..
- Diestel S, Schaefer D, Cremer H, Schmitz B. NCAM is ubiquitylated, endocytosed and recycled in neurons. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:4035-49 pubmed..Therefore, we propose that ubiquitylation represents an endocytosis signal for NCAM. ..
- Malan D, Wenzel D, Schmidt A, Geisen C, Raible A, Bölck B, et al. Endothelial beta1 integrins regulate sprouting and network formation during vascular development. Development. 2010;137:993-1002 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that endothelial beta1 integrins are determinants of vessel formation and that this effect is mediated via different signaling pathways. ..
- Kreuzberg M, Deuchars J, Weiss E, Schober A, Sonntag S, Wellershaus K, et al. Expression of connexin30.2 in interneurons of the central nervous system in the mouse. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2008;37:119-34 pubmed..This suggests that the lack of Cx30.2 in interneurons can be largely compensated by other connexins, most likely Cx36. ..
- Behr M, Hoch M. Identification of the novel evolutionary conserved obstructor multigene family in invertebrates. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:6827-33 pubmed publisher..Using computational and phylogenetic analysis, we show that obstructor genes represent an evolutionary conserved multigene family in invertebrates...
- Vilz T, Moepps B, Engele J, Molly S, Littman D, Schilling K. The SDF-1/CXCR4 pathway and the development of the cerebellar system. Eur J Neurosci. 2005;22:1831-9 pubmed..Moreover, they fail to express plexin D1, suggesting that SDF-1/CXCR4 signalling may also impinge on axon guidance critical to the orderly formation of granule cell mossy fibre afferents. ..
- Reichelt J, Bauer C, Porter R, Lane E, Magin V. Out of balance: consequences of a partial keratin 10 knockout. J Cell Sci. 1997;110 ( Pt 18):2175-86 pubmed
- Ehlermann J, Weber S, Pfisterer P, Schorle H. Cloning, expression and characterization of the murine Efemp1, a gene mutated in Doyne-Honeycomb retinal dystrophy. Gene Expr Patterns. 2003;3:441-7 pubmed..These results will help in further defining the role of Efemp1 during murine embryogenesis. ..
- Boldogkoi Z, Schütz B, Sallach J, Zimmer A. P2X(3) receptor expression at early stage of mouse embryogenesis. Mech Dev. 2002;118:255-60 pubmed
- Sohl G, Theis M, Hallas G, Brambach S, Dahl E, Kidder G, et al. A new alternatively spliced transcript of the mouse connexin32 gene is expressed in embryonic stem cells, oocytes, and liver. Exp Cell Res. 2001;266:177-86 pubmed..Our results suggest that the exon 1A-containing Cx32 isoform is likely to be inherited as an oogenetic product but not translated during early embryogenesis. ..
- Eckhardt M, Yaghootfam A, Fewou S, Zöller I, Gieselmann V. A mammalian fatty acid hydroxylase responsible for the formation of alpha-hydroxylated galactosylceramide in myelin. Biochem J. 2005;388:245-54 pubmed..Its further characterization will provide insight into the functional role of alpha-hydroxylation modification in myelin, skin and other organs. ..
- Jäger R, Maurer J, Jacob A, Schorle H. Cell type-specific conditional regulation of the c-myc proto-oncogene by combining Cre/loxP recombination and tamoxifen-mediated activation. Genesis. 2004;38:145-50 pubmed..The transgenic mice produced may thus be valuable tools for studying the cell type-specific effects of c-myc activity in development and disease. ..
- Jankowski J, Holst M, Liebig C, Oberdick J, Baader S. Engrailed-2 negatively regulates the onset of perinatal Purkinje cell differentiation. J Comp Neurol. 2004;472:87-99 pubmed