Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on bacterial proteins in Bochum, North Rhine Westphalia, Germany
Locale: Bochum, North Rhine Westphalia, Germany
Topic: bacterial proteins
- Stepanek J, LukeÅ¾iÄ T, Teichert I, PetkoviÄ‡ H, Bandow J. Dual mechanism of action of the atypical tetracycline chelocardin. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1864:645-654 pubmed publisher..This dual mechanism of action might prove beneficial in slowing the development of new resistance mechanisms against this atypical tetracycline. ..
- Grasse N, Mamedov F, Becker K, Styring S, Rögner M, Nowaczyk M. Role of novel dimeric Photosystem II (PSII)-Psb27 protein complex in PSII repair. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:29548-55 pubmed publisher..These results indicate a more complex role of the Psb27 protein within the life cycle of PSII, especially under stress conditions. ..
- Rauch A, Leipelt M, Russwurm M, Steegborn C. Crystal structure of the guanylyl cyclase Cya2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:15720-5 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we find that substrate specificity stems from faster turnover of GTP, rather than different affinities for GTP and ATP, implying that the specificity-determining interactions are established after the binding step. ..
- Suerbaum S, Brauer Steppkes T, Labigne A, Cameron B, Drlica K. Topoisomerase I of Helicobacter pylori: juxtaposition with a flagellin gene (flaB) and functional requirement of a fourth zinc finger motif. Gene. 1998;210:151-61 pubmed..These data show that TopA proteins can be divided into several classes on the basis of zinc finger motifs and raise the interesting possibility that the H. pylori enzyme has local topological effects focussed on a flagellin gene...
- Czech I, Stripp S, Sanganas O, Leidel N, Happe T, Haumann M. The [FeFe]-hydrogenase maturation protein HydF contains a H-cluster like [4Fe4S]-2Fe site. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:225-30 pubmed publisher..Presumably, only the 2Fe cluster is transferred from HydF to HydA1, thereby forming the active site...
- Kunstmann E, Hardt C, Crabtree J, Suerbaum S, Epplen J. Helicobacter pylori infection: CagA-specific antibodies are associated with clinical outcome, but not with HLA-class II polymorphisms of the host. Int J Med Microbiol. 2003;292:537-40 pubmed..There was no association between HLA-DRB1 alleles and the CagA status of infected individuals, although certain alleles show significant association to the infection status in different populations. ..
- Haussmann U, Qi S, Wolters D, Rögner M, Liu S, Poetsch A. Physiological adaptation of Corynebacterium glutamicum to benzoate as alternative carbon source - a membrane proteome-centric view. Proteomics. 2009;9:3635-51 pubmed publisher..glutamicum, BenK and BenE. It was found that both transporters were expressed during growth on benzoate, suggesting that both contribute substantially to benzoate uptake. ..
- Führer F, Langklotz S, Narberhaus F. The C-terminal end of LpxC is required for degradation by the FtsH protease. Mol Microbiol. 2006;59:1025-36 pubmed..All stable LpxC enzymes were active in vivo as assayed by their high toxicity. Our data demonstrate that the C-terminus of LpxC contains a signal sequence necessary for FtsH-dependent degradation. ..
- Wiethaus J, Schubert B, Pfänder Y, Narberhaus F, Masepohl B. The GntR-like regulator TauR activates expression of taurine utilization genes in Rhodobacter capsulatus. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:487-93 pubmed..In contrast, all other members of the GntR family analyzed so far bind to inverted repeats. ..
- Ma Högemeier Z, Körber C, Werner M, Racine D, Muth Köhne E, Tapken D, et al. Oligomerization in the endoplasmic reticulum and intracellular trafficking of kainate receptors are subunit-dependent but not editing-dependent. J Neurochem. 2010;113:1403-15 pubmed publisher..Finally, we demonstrate that plasma membrane expression of GluR6/KA2 heteromeric complexes is modulated not only by GluR6 but also KA2...
- Ghebremedhin B, Halstenbach A, Smiljanic M, Kaase M, Ahmad Nejad P. MALDI-TOF MS based carbapenemase detection from culture isolates and from positive blood culture vials. Ann Clin Microbiol Antimicrob. 2016;15:5 pubmed publisher..baumannii isolates within 4Â h. In case of A. baumannii isolates the assay was highly sensitive for the detection of carbapenemases directly from solid culture media. ..
- Wenzel M, Kohl B, Münch D, Raatschen N, Albada H, Hamoen L, et al. Proteomic response of Bacillus subtilis to lantibiotics reflects differences in interaction with the cytoplasmic membrane. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2012;56:5749-57 pubmed publisher..NadE and PspA were identified as markers for antibiotics interacting with the cytoplasmic membrane...
- Kaase M, Szabados F, Wassill L, Gatermann S. Detection of carbapenemases in Enterobacteriaceae by a commercial multiplex PCR. J Clin Microbiol. 2012;50:3115-8 pubmed publisher..The sensitivity for the detection of KPC-, VIM-, NDM-, and OXA-48-encoding genes was 100%, whereas two IMP variants were missed...
- Nowaczyk M, Krause K, Mieseler M, Sczibilanski A, Ikeuchi M, Rögner M. Deletion of psbJ leads to accumulation of Psb27-Psb28 photosystem II complexes in Thermosynechococcus elongatus. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1817:1339-45 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Photosynthesis Research for Sustainability: from Natural to Artificial. ..
- Hacker S, Gödeke J, Lindemann A, Mesa S, Pessi G, Narberhaus F. Global consequences of phosphatidylcholine reduction in Bradyrhizobium japonicum. Mol Genet Genomics. 2008;280:59-72 pubmed publisher..japonicum membranes induces a rather specific transcriptional response involving three different transcriptional regulators all involved in the regulatory fine-tuning of a RND-type transport system...
- Fränzel B, Wolters D. Advanced MudPIT as a next step toward high proteome coverage. Proteomics. 2011;11:3651-6 pubmed publisher..The competitiveness of the advanced MudPIT technology is strengthened by the fact that in this approach only two fractions were analyzed with both, simple and time-efficient sample preparation, and a moderate data acquisition time. ..
- Richter C, Träger C, Schünemann D. Evolutionary substitution of two amino acids in chloroplast SRP54 of higher plants cause its inability to bind SRP RNA. FEBS Lett. 2008;582:3223-9 pubmed publisher..Phylogenetic analysis revealed that these mutations occur in the cpSRP54 homologues of higher plants but not in most algae. ..
- Stripp S, Sanganas O, Happe T, Haumann M. The structure of the active site H-cluster of [FeFe] hydrogenase from the green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii studied by X-ray absorption spectroscopy. Biochemistry. 2009;48:5042-9 pubmed publisher..g., to the binding of an exogenous CO at 2Fe(H) in CO-inhibited enzyme. Our XAS studies pave the way for the monitoring of atomic level structural changes at the H-cluster during H(2) catalysis...
- Kaase M, Nordmann P, Wichelhaus T, Gatermann S, Bonnin R, Poirel L. NDM-2 carbapenemase in Acinetobacter baumannii from Egypt. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2011;66:1260-2 pubmed publisher..This work further underlines the spread of NDM carbapenemases in A. baumannii, and the spread of the corresponding gene in the Middle East. It also describes the first variant of NDM-1. ..
- Barkovits K, Schubert B, Heine S, Scheer M, Frankenberg Dinkel N. Function of the bacteriophytochrome BphP in the RpoS/Las quorum-sensing network of Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Microbiology. 2011;157:1651-64 pubmed publisher..Most of these genes seem to be indirectly regulated by LasR through BphP and the unknown response regulator BphR. A model of phytochrome function within the Las QS network is presented. ..
- Gisin J, Muller A, Pfänder Y, Leimkuhler S, Narberhaus F, Masepohl B. A Rhodobacter capsulatus member of a universal permease family imports molybdate and other oxyanions. J Bacteriol. 2010;192:5943-52 pubmed publisher..We propose to call this permease PerO (for oxyanion permease). It is the first reported bacterial molybdate transporter outside the ABC transporter family...
- Cimdins A, Ro manith J, Langklotz S, Bandow J, Narberhaus F. Differential control of Salmonella heat shock operons by structured mRNAs. Mol Microbiol. 2013;89:715-31 pubmed publisher..Discussion in a broader context shows how structured RNA segments can differentially control expression of temperature-affected operons in various ways...
- Klinkert B, Narberhaus F. Microbial thermosensors. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2009;66:2661-76 pubmed publisher..However, this article focuses solely on direct thermosensors. Since the conformation of virtually every biomolecule is susceptible to temperature changes, primary sensors include DNA, RNA, proteins and lipids. ..
- Majewski C, Trebst A. The pet genes of Rhodospirillum rubrum: cloning and sequencing of the genes for the cytochrome bc1-complex. Mol Gen Genet. 1990;224:373-82 pubmed..The similarity of the deduced amino acid sequence of the three subunits to the corresponding subunits of other organisms is described and implications for structural features of the subunits are discussed. ..
- von Steinbuchel N, Real R, Sasse N, Wilson L, Otto C, Mullins R, et al. German validation of Quality of Life after Brain Injury (QOLIBRI) assessment and associated factors. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176668 pubmed publisher..It is potentially useful for clinicians and researchers, in post-acute and rehabilitation studies, on a group and individual level. ..