Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Dortmund, North Rhine Westphalia, Germany
Locale: Dortmund, North Rhine Westphalia, Germany
Publications102 found, 100 shown here
- Braunshausen A, Seebeck F. Identification and characterization of the first ovothiol biosynthetic enzyme. J Am Chem Soc. 2011;133:1757-9 pubmed publisher..Homologous enzymes are encoded in more than 80 genomes ranging from proteobacteria to animalia. ..
- Chandra A, Grecco H, Pisupati V, Perera D, Cassidy L, Skoulidis F, et al. The GDI-like solubilizing factor PDE? sustains the spatial organization and signalling of Ras family proteins. Nat Cell Biol. 2011;14:148-58 pubmed publisher..Our findings link the activity of PDE? in determining Ras protein topography to Ras-dependent signalling. ..
- Deraeve C, Guo Z, Bon R, Blankenfeldt W, Dilucrezia R, Wolf A, et al. Psoromic acid is a selective and covalent Rab-prenylation inhibitor targeting autoinhibited RabGGTase. J Am Chem Soc. 2012;134:7384-91 pubmed publisher..Therefore, psoromic acid provides a new starting point for the development of selective RabGGTase inhibitors. ..
- Zimmermann T, Bürger M, Tashiro E, Kondoh Y, Martinez N, Görmer K, et al. Boron-based inhibitors of acyl protein thioesterases 1 and 2. Chembiochem. 2013;14:115-22 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, one of the molecules was demonstrated to inhibit Erk1/2 phosphorylation significantly...
- Sccs -, Degen G. Opinion of the Scientific Committee on Consumer safety (SCCS)--Opinion on the safety of the use of Î±-arbutin in cosmetic products. Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 2016;74:75-6 pubmed publisher..5% in body lotions. A potential combined use of Î±-Arbutin and other hydroquinone releasing substances in cosmetic products has not been evaluated in this Opinion. ..
- Wiessner M, Roos A, Munn C, Viswanathan R, Whyte T, Cox D, et al. Mutations in INPP5K, Encoding a Phosphoinositide 5-Phosphatase, Cause Congenital Muscular Dystrophy with Cataracts and Mild Cognitive Impairment. Am J Hum Genet. 2017;100:523-536 pubmed publisher..These data link congenital muscular dystrophies to defective phosphoinositide 5-phosphatase activity that is becoming increasingly recognized for its role in mediating pivotal cellular mechanisms contributing to disease. ..
- Lessmann T, Leuenberger M, Menninger S, Lopez Canet M, Muller O, Hümmer S, et al. Natural product-derived modulators of cell cycle progression and viral entry by enantioselective oxa Diels-Alder reactions on the solid phase. Chem Biol. 2007;14:443-51 pubmed..The screens identified modulators of both biological processes at a high hit rate. The screen for inhibition of viral entry opens up avenues of research for the identification of compounds with antiviral activity. ..
- Molzan M, Ottmann C. Subcellular localization of full-length human myeloid leukemia factor 1 (MLF1) is independent of 14-3-3 proteins. Cell Mol Biol Lett. 2013;18:137-48 pubmed publisher..Surprisingly, we found that the subcellular localization of full-length human MLF1 is 14-3-3-independent, and is probably regulated by other as-yet-unknown proteins. ..
- Anand K, Schulte A, Vogel Bachmayr K, Scheffzek K, Geyer M. Structural insights into the cyclin T1-Tat-TAR RNA transcription activation complex from EIAV. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2008;15:1287-92 pubmed publisher..Our findings show that Tat binds to a surface on Cyclin T1 similar to where recognition motifs from substrate and inhibitor peptides were previously found to interact within Cdk-cyclin pairs. ..
- Olschewski D, Becker C. Chemical synthesis and semisynthesis of membrane proteins. Mol Biosyst. 2008;4:733-40 pubmed publisher..This article will highlight the advances in the total chemical synthesis and semisynthesis of small viral as well as bacterial ion channels. Recent synthesis approaches for membrane-associated proteins will be discussed as well. ..
- Primorac I, Musacchio A. Panta rhei: the APC/C at steady state. J Cell Biol. 2013;201:177-89 pubmed publisher..Here, we review how these recent advancements are modifying our understanding of the APC/C. ..
- Novo P, Dell Aica M, Janasek D, Zahedi R. High spatial and temporal resolution cell manipulation techniques in microchannels. Analyst. 2016;141:1888-905 pubmed publisher..In the end, the present state of the art is discussed in line with future perspectives and challenges for translating these devices into routine applications. ..
- Dursina B, Reents R, Delon C, Wu Y, Kulharia M, Thutewohl M, et al. Identification and specificity profiling of protein prenyltransferase inhibitors using new fluorescent phosphoisoprenoids. J Am Chem Soc. 2006;128:2822-35 pubmed..Finally, we demonstrate that the developed fluorescent isoprenoids can directly and efficiently penetrate into mammalian cells and be incorporated in vivo into small GTPases. ..
- Márquez Sillero I, Cárdenas S, Sielemann S, Valcarcel M. On-line headspace-multicapillary column-ion mobility spectrometry hyphenation as a tool for the determination of off-flavours in foods. J Chromatogr A. 2014;1333:99-105 pubmed publisher..After the degradation study, it can be concluded that the stability of the milk samples during storage is more affected by the light while temperature was more critical for oil samples. ..
- Blankenfeldt W, Thoma N, Wray J, Gautel M, Schlichting I. Crystal structures of human cardiac beta-myosin II S2-Delta provide insight into the functional role of the S2 subfragment. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:17713-7 pubmed..The observation that many disease-associated mutations affect the second negatively charged ring further suggests that charge interactions play an important role in regulation of cardiac muscle activity through myosin-binding protein C. ..
- Sukul P, Lamshöft M, Zühlke S, Spiteller M. Photolysis of 14C-sulfadiazine in water and manure. Chemosphere. 2008;71:717-25 pubmed..Investigation revealed further persistence behavior of SDZ in manure. The half-life value of SDZ in manure was 158h. ..
- Prutner W. Hazard and risk assessment of teratogenic chemicals under REACH. Methods Mol Biol. 2013;947:517-43 pubmed publisher..Teratogenic substances are not explicitly named by these legal texts but, as they constitute as developmental toxicants a hazard differentiation of reproductive toxicity, they are implicitly always included by the provisions. ..
- Schug M, Heise T, Bauer A, Storm D, Blaszkewicz M, Bedawy E, et al. Primary rat hepatocytes as in vitro system for gene expression studies: comparison of sandwich, Matrigel and 2D cultures. Arch Toxicol. 2008;82:923-31 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the presented data strongly suggest that sandwich cultures are most adequate for detection of MPy-induced gene expression alterations and the effect of MPy was detected at in vivo relevant concentrations...
- Sirajuddin M, Farkasovsky M, Zent E, Wittinghofer A. GTP-induced conformational changes in septins and implications for function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:16592-7 pubmed publisher..These data also offer a first rationale for subdividing human septins into different functional subgroups. ..
- Papadoukakis S, Kyroudi Voulgari A, Truss M, Perea D, Mitropoulos D. Quantitative study of mast cells in experimentally induced benign prostatic hyperplasia. Urol Int. 2010;84:100-4 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these mast cells were larger, contained a significant number of intracytoplasmic granules and degranulated. This finding suggests a role for mast cells in the pathogenesis of benign prostatic hyperplasia. ..
- Stuhr M, Reymond C, Rieder V, Hallock P, Rahnenführer J, Westphal H, et al. Reef calcifiers are adapted to episodic heat stress but vulnerable to sustained warming. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179753 pubmed publisher..Secondly, there seem to be temporal constraints related to heat events among coral reef environments and reinforces the importance of temporal fluctuations in stress exposure in global-change studies and projections. ..
- Meseguer B, Alonso Díaz D, Griebenow N, Herget T, Waldmann H. Solid-phase synthesis and biological evaluation of a teleocidin library--discovery of a selective PKCdelta down regulator. Chemistry. 2000;6:3943-57 pubmed
- Wu Y, Goody R, Abagyan R, Alexandrov K. Structure of the disordered C terminus of Rab7 GTPase induced by binding to the Rab geranylgeranyl transferase catalytic complex reveals the mechanism of Rab prenylation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:13185-92 pubmed publisher..This mechanism is unique to RabGGTase when compared with other prenyltransferases, which encode the specificity for their cognate substrates directly at their active site. ..
- Das D, Tnimov Z, Nguyen U, Thimmaiah G, Lo H, Abankwa D, et al. Flexible and general synthesis of functionalized phosphoisoprenoids for the study of prenylation in vivo and in vitro. Chembiochem. 2012;13:674-83 pubmed publisher..This enables rapid evaluation of functional groups for compatibility with individual prenyltransferases and identification of the prenyltransferase specific substrates. ..
- Yildiz O, Doi M, Yujnovsky I, Cardone L, Berndt A, Hennig S, et al. Crystal structure and interactions of the PAS repeat region of the Drosophila clock protein PERIOD. Mol Cell. 2005;17:69-82 pubmed publisher..We show that alphaF is essential for dPER homodimerization and that the PAS-A-alphaF interaction plays a crucial role in dPER clock function, as it is affected by the 29 hr long-period perL mutation...
- Schmies G, Engelhard M, Wood P, Nagel G, Bamberg E. Electrophysiological characterization of specific interactions between bacterial sensory rhodopsins and their transducers. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:1555-9 pubmed..These latter results may be exploited to further analyze the binding interaction of the photoreceptors with their downstream effectors...
- Ziegler S, Röhrs S, Tickenbrock L, Langerak A, Chu S, Feldmann I, et al. Lipocalin 24p3 is regulated by the Wnt pathway independent of regulation by iron. Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 2007;174:16-23 pubmed..Differential splicing of the 24p3R transcript, depending on the activation state of the Wnt pathway, may modify the function of 24p3. ..
- Ismail S, Chen Y, Rusinova A, Chandra A, Bierbaum M, Gremer L, et al. Arl2-GTP and Arl3-GTP regulate a GDI-like transport system for farnesylated cargo. Nat Chem Biol. 2011;7:942-9 pubmed publisher..Considering the importance of PDE? for proper Ras and Rheb signaling, this study is instrumental in developing a new target for anticancer therapy. ..
- Behm C, Follmann W, Degen G. Cytotoxic potency of mycotoxins in cultures of V79 lung fibroblast cells. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2012;75:1226-31 pubmed..1 nM for T-2 toxin, the most potent agent. Thus, when inhaled in sufficient quantities, local adverse effects in lung cells cannot be excluded, in particular for highly cytotoxic mycotoxins. ..
- Al Gburi S, Deussen A, Zatschler B, Weber S, KÃ¼nzel S, El Armouche A, et al. Sex-difference in expression and function of beta-adrenoceptors in macrovessels: role of the endothelium. Basic Res Cardiol. 2017;112:29 pubmed publisher..This sex-specific difference is functionally relevant in young adults and is attenuated with aging. ..
- Linnemann T, Kiel C, Herter P, Herrmann C. The activation of RalGDS can be achieved independently of its Ras binding domain. Implications of an activation mechanism in Ras effector specificity and signal distribution. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:7831-7 pubmed..Conversely, the Ras x RalGDS complex has a short lifetime of 0.1 s and Rap1 forms a long-lived complex with RalGDS, possibly explaining its antagonistic effect on Ras. ..
- Blumenstein L, Ahmadian M. Models of the cooperative mechanism for Rho effector recognition: implications for RhoA-mediated effector activation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:53419-26 pubmed
- Althoff T, Hentschel H, Luig J, Schütz H, Kasch M, Kinne R. Na(+)-D-glucose cotransporter in the kidney of Squalus acanthias: molecular identification and intrarenal distribution. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2006;290:R1094-104 pubmed
- Bierhals K, Sondersorg A, Lin C, Rosenbaum C, Waldmann H, Wehner F. The epsilon-isoform of PKC mediates the hypertonic activation of cation channels in confluent monolayers of rat hepatocytes. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2007;20:397-404 pubmed..Finally, by use of Rottlerin (as an inhibitor exhibiting a slight preference for PKC delta over epsilon) PKC epsilon could be identified as the most likely isoform responsible for the activation of the HICC. ..
- Plottner S, Selinski S, Bolt H, Degen G, Hengstler J, Roos P, et al. Distinct subtypes of urinary bladder epithelial cells with inducible and non-inducible cytochrome P450 1A1. Arch Toxicol. 2009;83:131-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we have identified two functionally distinct subpopulations of urinary bladder epithelial cells. It will be interesting to study whether the CYP1A inducible subtype is more susceptible to bladder carcinogens. ..
- Guo Z, Wu Y, Das D, Delon C, Cramer J, Yu S, et al. Structures of RabGGTase-substrate/product complexes provide insights into the evolution of protein prenylation. EMBO J. 2008;27:2444-56 pubmed publisher..On the basis of our structural and thermodynamic data, we propose that RabGGTase has evolved from a GGTase-I-like molecule that 'learned' to interact with a recycling factor (GDI) that, in turn, eventually gave rise to REP. ..
- Marchan R, BÃ¼ttner B, Lambert J, Edlund K, Glaeser I, Blaszkewicz M, et al. Glycerol-3-phosphate Acyltransferase 1 Promotes Tumor Cell Migration and Poor Survival in Ovarian Carcinoma. Cancer Res. 2017;77:4589-4601 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings show how GPAM influences intracellular LPA levels to promote cell migration and tumor growth. Cancer Res; 77(17); 4589-601. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Nassar N, Horn G, Herrmann C, Block C, Janknecht R, Wittinghofer A. Ras/Rap effector specificity determined by charge reversal. Nat Struct Biol. 1996;3:723-9 pubmed..The major determinant for the switch in specificity is the opposite charge of residue 31--Lys in Rap, Glu in Ras--which creates a favourable complementary interface for the Ras-Raf interaction. ..
- Vetter I, Arndt A, Kutay U, Gorlich D, Wittinghofer A. Structural view of the Ran-Importin beta interaction at 2.3 A resolution. Cell. 1999;97:635-46 pubmed..They form an irregular crescent, the concave site of which forms the interface with Ran-triphosphate. The importin-binding site of Ran does not overlap with that of the Ran-binding domain of RanBP2. ..
- Hillig R, Hanzal Bayer M, Linari M, Becker J, Wittinghofer A, Renault L. Structural and biochemical properties show ARL3-GDP as a distinct GTP binding protein. Structure. 2000;8:1239-45 pubmed
- Werner S, Hindmarsh P, Napirei M, Vogel Bachmayr K, Wohrl B. Subcellular localization and integration activities of rous sarcoma virus reverse transcriptase. J Virol. 2002;76:6205-12 pubmed..Integration with RSV RT alphabeta could be stimulated in the presence of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 nucleocapsid protein or HMG-I(Y)...
- Kipp H, Khoursandi S, Scharlau D, Kinne R. More than apical: Distribution of SGLT1 in Caco-2 cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2003;285:C737-49 pubmed..We therefore propose that intracellular compartments containing SGLT1 are involved in the regulation of SGLT1 abundance at the apical cell surface. ..
- Roos P, Tschirbs S, Hack A, Welge P, Wilhelm M. Different mechanisms of handling ingested polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in mammalian species: organ-specific response patterns of CYP1A1-induction after oral intake of PAH-contaminated soils. Xenobiotica. 2004;34:781-95 pubmed..Whereas in minipigs the duodenum appears as the first efficient barrier, rats respond by efficient metabolism in the liver. What is not known is which response profile is operative in man. ..
- Veltel S, Gasper R, Eisenacher E, Wittinghofer A. The retinitis pigmentosa 2 gene product is a GTPase-activating protein for Arf-like 3. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2008;15:373-80 pubmed publisher..The cognate G protein-GAP pair is conserved in yeast as Cin4-Cin2, and the ability of RP2 to act as a GAP can be correlated with its ability to complement a CIN2-deletion phenotype. ..
- Schulte A, Stolp B, Schönichen A, Pylypenko O, Rak A, Fackler O, et al. The human formin FHOD1 contains a bipartite structure of FH3 and GTPase-binding domains required for activation. Structure. 2008;16:1313-23 pubmed publisher..Mutation of one residue in the predicted DAD-interaction surface efficiently activates FHOD1 in cells. These results demonstrate that DRFs have evolved different molecular solutions to govern their autoregulation and GTPase specificity. ..
- Lammers M, Meyer S, Kühlmann D, Wittinghofer A. Specificity of interactions between mDia isoforms and Rho proteins. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:35236-46 pubmed publisher..We also show that the F106H and H104F mutations drastically alter the affinities and thermodynamics of mDia interactions. ..
- van Thriel C, Westerink R, Beste C, Bale A, Lein P, Leist M. Translating neurobehavioural endpoints of developmental neurotoxicity tests into in vitro assays and readouts. Neurotoxicology. 2012;33:911-24 pubmed publisher..We envision that future in vitro test systems for developmental neurotoxicity will combine the above approaches with exposure information, and we suggest a strategy for test system development and cell-based risk assessment...
- Stewart J, Marchan R, Lesjak M, Lambert J, Hergenroeder R, Ellis J, et al. Choline-releasing glycerophosphodiesterase EDI3 drives tumor cell migration and metastasis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:8155-60 pubmed publisher..Because inhibition of EDI3 activity corrects the GPC/PC ratio and decreases the migration capacity of tumor cells, it represents a possible target for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Prakash B, Praefcke G, Renault L, Wittinghofer A, Herrmann C. Structure of human guanylate-binding protein 1 representing a unique class of GTP-binding proteins. Nature. 2000;403:567-71 pubmed
- Thomä N, Iakovenko A, Kalinin A, Waldmann H, Goody R, Alexandrov K. Allosteric regulation of substrate binding and product release in geranylgeranyltransferase type II. Biochemistry. 2001;40:268-74 pubmed..In summary, these results demonstrate that GGpp acts as an allosteric activator that stabilizes the Rab7:REP-1:GGTase-II complex and triggers product release upon prenylation, preventing product inhibition of the enzyme. ..
- Rocks O, Peyker A, Kahms M, Verveer P, Koerner C, Lumbierres M, et al. An acylation cycle regulates localization and activity of palmitoylated Ras isoforms. Science. 2005;307:1746-52 pubmed..The de/reacylation cycle also initiates Ras activation at the Golgi by transport of PM-localized Ras guanosine triphosphate. Different de/repalmitoylation kinetics account for isoform-specific activation responses to growth factors. ..
- Lammers M, Rose R, Scrima A, Wittinghofer A. The regulation of mDia1 by autoinhibition and its release by Rho*GTP. EMBO J. 2005;24:4176-87 pubmed..We show that Rho*GTP accelerates the dissociation of DAD from the mDia(N)*DAD complex. ..
- Liu Y, Petrovic A, Rombaut P, Mosalaganti S, Keller J, Raunser S, et al. Insights from the reconstitution of the divergent outer kinetochore of Drosophila melanogaster. Open Biol. 2016;6:150236 pubmed publisher..Our studies shed light on the structural and functional organization of a highly divergent kinetochore particle. ..
- Efremov R, Gatsogiannis C, Raunser S. Lipid Nanodiscs as a Tool for High-Resolution Structure Determination of Membrane Proteins by Single-Particle Cryo-EM. Methods Enzymol. 2017;594:1-30 pubmed publisher..We discuss cryo-EM-specific hurdles concerning sample homogeneity, distribution of reconstituted particles in vitreous ice, and solutions to overcome them. ..
- Morrison A, Panayotova Heiermann M, Feigl G, Schölermann B, Kinne R. Sequence comparison of the sodium-D-glucose cotransport systems in rabbit renal and intestinal epithelia. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1991;1089:121-3 pubmed..It is proposed that this clone codes for a member of the sodium-D-glucose cotransporter systems. ..
- Renault L, Nassar N, Vetter I, Becker J, Klebe C, Roth M, et al. The 1.7 A crystal structure of the regulator of chromosome condensation (RCC1) reveals a seven-bladed propeller. Nature. 1998;392:97-101 pubmed..The region of the protein that is involved in guanine-nucleotide exchange is located opposite the region that is thought to be involved in chromosome binding. ..
- Hillig R, Renault L, Vetter I, Drell T, Wittinghofer A, Becker J. The crystal structure of rna1p: a new fold for a GTPase-activating protein. Mol Cell. 1999;3:781-91 pubmed..Therefore, we suggest a GAP mechanism for rna1p, which constitutes a variation of the arginine finger mechanism found for Ras GAP and RhoGAP. ..
- Kipp H, Arias I. Trafficking of canalicular ABC transporters in hepatocytes. Annu Rev Physiol. 2002;64:595-608 pubmed..e., bile secretory failure). Therefore, elucidation of the intrahepatic pathways and regulation of ABC transporters may help to understand the cause of cholestasis at a molecular level and provide clues for novel therapies...
- Berndt A, Kottke T, Breitkreuz H, Dvorsky R, Hennig S, Alexander M, et al. A novel photoreaction mechanism for the circadian blue light photoreceptor Drosophila cryptochrome. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:13011-21 pubmed..radical represents the light-activated state that mediates resetting of the Drosophila circadian clock. ..
- Zahedi R, V lzing C, Schmitt A, Frien M, Jung M, Dudek J, et al. Analysis of the membrane proteome of canine pancreatic rough microsomes identifies a novel Hsp40, termed ERj7. Proteomics. 2009;9:3463-73 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the Hsp70-chaperone network that is present in the pancreatic ER is even more complex than previously thought, and suggest that the pancreatic rER has a significant capacity for protein degradation...
- Arens J, Duong T, Dehmelt L. A morphometric screen identifies specific roles for microtubule-regulating genes in neuronal development of P19 stem cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e79796 pubmed publisher..We propose a model that explains how microtubule regulators can mediate cellular morphogenesis during the early steps of neuronal development by controlling microtubule stabilization and organizing dynein-generated forces. ..
- Zhang K, Foster H, Rondelet A, Lacey S, Bahi Buisson N, Bird A, et al. Cryo-EM Reveals How Human Cytoplasmic Dynein Is Auto-inhibited and Activated. Cell. 2017;169:1303-1314.e18 pubmed publisher..Our model explains how dynactin binding to the dynein-1 tail directly stimulates its motor activity. ..
- Nassar N, Horn G, Herrmann C, Scherer A, McCormick F, Wittinghofer A. The 2.2 A crystal structure of the Ras-binding domain of the serine/threonine kinase c-Raf1 in complex with Rap1A and a GTP analogue. Nature. 1995;375:554-60 pubmed..Complex formation is mediated by main-chain and side-chain interactions of the so-called effector residues in the switch I region of Rap1A. ..
- Kinne Saffran E, Kinne R. Inhibition by mercuric chloride of Na-K-2Cl cotransport activity in rectal gland plasma membrane vesicles isolated from Squalus acanthias. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2001;1510:442-51 pubmed..These sites represent probably cysteines, the accessibility and/or sensitivity of which depends on the functional state of the transporter...
- Kirschner U, Van Driessche W, Werner A, Wehner F. Hypertonic activation of phospholemman in solitary rat hepatocytes in primary culture. FEBS Lett. 2003;537:151-6 pubmed..These results suggest a role of PLM in the RVI of rat hepatocytes. ..
- Fedorov R, Hartmann E, Ghosh D, Schlichting I. Structural basis for the specificity of the nitric-oxide synthase inhibitors W1400 and Nomega-propyl-L-Arg for the inducible and neuronal isoforms. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:45818-25 pubmed..This flexibility is determined by isoform-specific residues outside the active site. ..
- Ghosh A, Uthaiah R, Howard J, Herrmann C, Wolf E. Crystal structure of IIGP1: a paradigm for interferon-inducible p47 resistance GTPases. Mol Cell. 2004;15:727-39 pubmed
- Kühnel K, Veltel S, Schlichting I, Wittinghofer A. Crystal structure of the human retinitis pigmentosa 2 protein and its interaction with Arl3. Structure. 2006;14:367-78 pubmed..The abilitities of RP2 to bind Arl3 and cause retinitis pigmentosa seem to be correlated, since both the R118H and E138G mutants show a drastically reduced affinity to Arl3. ..
- Bolt H, Thier R. Relevance of the deletion polymorphisms of the glutathione S-transferases GSTT1 and GSTM1 in pharmacology and toxicology. Curr Drug Metab. 2006;7:613-28 pubmed..This appears relevant in industrial toxicology and in drug metabolism. ..
- Brunsveld L, Waldmann H, Huster D. Membrane binding of lipidated Ras peptides and proteins--the structural point of view. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1788:273-88 pubmed publisher..This review will summarize the chemical biology of Ras and discuss in more detail the biophysical and structural features of the membrane bound C-terminus of the protein. ..
- Voigt T, Gerding Reimers C, Ngoc Tran T, Bergmann S, Lachance H, Schölermann B, et al. A natural product inspired tetrahydropyran collection yields mitosis modulators that synergistically target CSE1L and tubulin. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2013;52:410-4 pubmed publisher..These compounds were termed tubulexins as they target the CSE1L protein and the vinca alkaloid binding site of tubulin. ..
- Schug M, Stöber R, Heise T, Mielke H, Gundert Remy U, Godoy P, et al. Pharmacokinetics explain in vivo/in vitro discrepancies of carcinogen-induced gene expression alterations in rat liver and cultivated hepatocytes. Arch Toxicol. 2013;87:337-45 pubmed publisher..When the in vivo half-life is short, levels of some initially altered genes may have returned to control levels already 24 h after administration...
- Gatsogiannis C, Lang A, Meusch D, Pfaumann V, Hofnagel O, Benz R, et al. A syringe-like injection mechanism in Photorhabdus luminescens toxins. Nature. 2013;495:520-3 pubmed publisher..luminescens and other pathogens, including human pathogenic bacteria, and serves as a strong foundation for the development of biopesticides...
- Nalbant P, Boehmer C, Dehmelt L, Wehner F, Werner A. Functional characterization of a Na+-phosphate cotransporter (NaPi-II) from zebrafish and identification of related transcripts. J Physiol. 1999;520 Pt 1:79-89 pubmed..In addition, a shorter amplicon was demonstrated to be an antisense transcript related to the NaPi-II intestinal isoform. ..
- Thomä N, Niculae A, Goody R, Alexandrov K. Double prenylation by RabGGTase can proceed without dissociation of the mono-prenylated intermediate. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:48631-6 pubmed..It also indicates that the phosphoisoprenoid acts both as a substrate and as a sensor governing the kinetics of protein.protein interactions in the double prenylation reaction. ..
- Castaneda F, Burse A, Boland W, Kinne R. Thioglycosides as inhibitors of hSGLT1 and hSGLT2: potential therapeutic agents for the control of hyperglycemia in diabetes. Int J Med Sci. 2007;4:131-9 pubmed..Therefore, these thioglycosides represent promising therapeutic agents for the control of hyperglycemia in patients with diabetes. ..
- Plettenberg S, Weiss E, Lemor R, Wehner F. Subunits alpha, beta and gamma of the epithelial Na+ channel (ENaC) are functionally related to the hypertonicity-induced cation channel (HICC) in rat hepatocytes. Pflugers Arch. 2008;455:1089-95 pubmed..It is concluded that all three subunits of the ENaC are functionally related to RVI and HICC activation in rat hepatocytes. ..
- Dekker F, Rocks O, Vartak N, Menninger S, Hedberg C, Balamurugan R, et al. Small-molecule inhibition of APT1 affects Ras localization and signaling. Nat Chem Biol. 2010;6:449-56 pubmed publisher..We identify APT1 as one of the thioesterases in the acylation cycle and show that this protein is a cellular target of the inhibitor. ..
- Blümer J, Rey J, Dehmelt L, Mazel T, Wu Y, Bastiaens P, et al. RabGEFs are a major determinant for specific Rab membrane targeting. J Cell Biol. 2013;200:287-300 pubmed publisher..Therefore, RabGEFs are major determinants for specific Rab membrane targeting...
- Wätzlich D, Vetter I, Gotthardt K, Miertzschke M, Chen Y, Wittinghofer A, et al. The interplay between RPGR, PDE? and Arl2/3 regulate the ciliary targeting of farnesylated cargo. EMBO Rep. 2013;14:465-72 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these results, we propose a model where RPGR is acting as a scaffold protein recruiting cargo-loaded PDE? and Arl3 to release lipidated cargo into cilia. ..