Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Bonn, North Rhine Westphalia, Germany
Locale: Bonn, North Rhine Westphalia, Germany
Publications707 found, 100 shown here
- Islam M, PrÃ¶ll M, HÃ¶lker M, Tholen E, Tesfaye D, Looft C, et al. Alveolar macrophage phagocytic activity is enhanced with LPS priming, and combined stimulation of LPS and lipoteichoic acid synergistically induce pro-inflammatory cytokines in pigs. Innate Immun. 2013;19:631-43 pubmed publisher..Overall, compared with LPS, LTA was a relatively weak inducer, and co-stimulation accelerated gene and cytokine production associated with pulmonary innate immune function. ..
- Auth T, Schlüter S, Urschel S, Kussmann P, Sonntag S, Höher T, et al. The TSG101 protein binds to connexins and is involved in connexin degradation. Exp Cell Res. 2009;315:1053-62 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that TSG101 is involved in the degradation of connexins via interaction with connexin proteins. ..
- Quast T, Tappertzhofen B, Schild C, Grell J, Czeloth N, Forster R, et al. Cytohesin-1 controls the activation of RhoA and modulates integrin-dependent adhesion and migration of dendritic cells. Blood. 2009;113:5801-10 pubmed publisher..We thus demonstrate an essential role of cytohesin-1/RhoA during ameboid migration in the presence of integrins and further suggest that DCs without integrins switch to a different migration mode. ..
- Billet G, Hautier L, de Muizon C, Valentin X. Oldest cingulate skulls provide congruence between morphological and molecular scenarios of armadillo evolution. Proc Biol Sci. 2011;278:2791-7 pubmed publisher..boliviensis, is congruent with recent molecular phylogenetic analyses. Kuntinaru boliviensis is the oldest confident calibration point available for the whole Cingulata...
- Ditt V, Lüsebrink J, Tillmann R, Schildgen V, Schildgen O. Respiratory infections by HMPV and RSV are clinically indistinguishable but induce different host response in aged individuals. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16314 pubmed publisher..The observed differences in TNF-α and NF-κB elevation lead to the assumption that young and old individuals have different mechanisms to react against the viruses. ..
- Glebov K, Schütze S, Walter J. Functional relevance of a novel SlyX motif in non-conventional secretion of insulin-degrading enzyme. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:22711-5 pubmed publisher..The combined data indicate that the non-conventional secretion of IDE is regulated by the newly identified SlyX motif. ..
- Kroidl I, Saathoff E, Maganga L, Makunde W, Hoerauf A, Geldmacher C, et al. Effect of Wuchereria bancrofti infection on HIV incidence in southwest Tanzania: a prospective cohort study. Lancet. 2016;388:1912-1920 pubmed publisher..European Union as part of EuropAid; German Federal Ministry of Education and Research; German Center for Infection Research. ..
- Neumann J, Koch N. Assembly of major histocompatibility complex class II subunits with invariant chain. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:6055-9 pubmed..Co-isolation with alpha chain requires the groove binding Ii-segment and depends on M91 of Ii. Immunoprecipitation of Ii from pulse chase labeled cells showed sequential assembly of alpha and beta chains. ..
- Niehusmann P, Dalmau J, Rudlowski C, Vincent A, Elger C, Rossi J, et al. Diagnostic value of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor antibodies in women with new-onset epilepsy. Arch Neurol. 2009;66:458-64 pubmed publisher..Patients harboring NMDAR antibodies usually have prominent psychiatric symptoms and pleocytosis, and they may develop hypoventilation. Anti-NMDAR encephalitis is not always paraneoplastic. ..
- Pietrzik K, Bailey L, Shane B. Folic acid and L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate: comparison of clinical pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics. Clin Pharmacokinet. 2010;49:535-48 pubmed publisher..Second, L-5-methyl-THF may be associated with a reduced interaction with drugs that inhibit dihydrofolate reductase. ..
- Tanarro C, Gutschow M. Hyperbolic mixed-type inhibition of acetylcholinesterase by tetracyclic thienopyrimidines. J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem. 2011;26:350-8 pubmed publisher..Inhibitor 10 displayed a rather uncompetitive pattern of inhibition (??=?0.47) and a relatively high residual activity of a postulated ternary enzyme-substrate-inhibitor complex (??=?0.24)...
- Gaffal E, Cron M, Glodde N, Tuting T. Anti-inflammatory activity of topical THC in DNFB-mediated mouse allergic contact dermatitis independent of CB1 and CB2 receptors. Allergy. 2013;68:994-1000 pubmed publisher..This has important implications for the future development of strategies to harness cannabinoids for the treatment of inflammatory skin diseases. ..
- Cenini G, Voos W. Role of Mitochondrial Protein Quality Control in Oxidative Stress-induced Neurodegenerative Diseases. Curr Alzheimer Res. 2016;13:164-73 pubmed..In this review we summarize the current knowledge about mitochondrial protein quality control mechanisms in mammalian cells, with a special emphasis on the role in oxidative stress and in neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Hepbildikler S, Sandhoff R, Kolzer M, Proia R, Sandhoff K. Physiological substrates for human lysosomal beta -hexosaminidase S. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:2562-72 pubmed..Hydrolysis of membrane-bound SM2 by the recombinant Hex S was synergistically stimulated by the GM2 activator protein and the lysosomal anionic phospholipid bis(monoacylglycero)phosphate. ..
- Kampen H, Scholer A, Metzen M, Oehme R, Hartelt K, Kimmig P, et al. Neotrombicula autumnalis (Acari, Trombiculidae) as a vector for Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato?. Exp Appl Acarol. 2004;33:93-102 pubmed..However, unless the transmission of borreliae to a given host is demonstrated, a final statement on the vector competence of trombiculid mites is not possible...
- Yaghootfam A, Gieselmann V, Eckhardt M. Delay of myelin formation in arylsulphatase A-deficient mice. Eur J Neurosci. 2005;21:711-20 pubmed..Our data demonstrate a delay in myelin formation in ASA-/- mice. This raises the possibility that similar alterations in MLD patients may contribute to the pathology of the disease. ..
- Jäger R, Friedrichs N, Heim I, Buttner R, Schorle H. Dual role of AP-2gamma in ErbB-2-induced mammary tumorigenesis. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2005;90:273-80 pubmed..Therefore, AP-2gamma while reducing the incidence of mammary tumors is promoting tumor progression. ..
- Linke S, Goertz P, Baader S, Gieselmann V, Siebler M, Junghans U, et al. Aldolase C/zebrin II is released to the extracellular space after stroke and inhibits the network activity of cortical neurons. Neurochem Res. 2006;31:1297-303 pubmed..This mechanism could be relevant in the pathogenesis of the electrophysiological changes in the penumbra region after stroke. ..
- Gossrau G, Thiele J, Konang R, Schmandt T, Brüstle O. Bone morphogenetic protein-mediated modulation of lineage diversification during neural differentiation of embryonic stem cells. Stem Cells. 2007;25:939-49 pubmed..The preservation of diverse developmental BMP2 effects in differentiating ES cell cultures provides interesting prospects for the enrichment of distinct neural phenotypes in vitro. ..
- Hennenberg M, Trebicka J, Biecker E, Schepke M, Sauerbruch T, Heller J. Vascular dysfunction in human and rat cirrhosis: role of receptor-desensitizing and calcium-sensitizing proteins. Hepatology. 2007;45:495-506 pubmed..Our data suggest that in cirrhosis-induced vasodilation, the AT1-R is desensitized by GRK-2 and beta-arrestin-2 and that changed patterns of phosphorylated Ca(2+) sensitizing proteins decrease Ca(2+) sensitivity. ..
- Kück P, Hita Garcia F, Misof B, Meusemann K. Improved phylogenetic analyses corroborate a plausible position of Martialis heureka in the ant tree of life. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21031 pubmed publisher..We hope that our study illustrates the importance of thorough, comprehensible phylogenetic analyses using the example of ant relationships. ..
- Hochgräfe K, Sydow A, Mandelkow E. Regulatable transgenic mouse models of Alzheimer disease: onset, reversibility and spreading of Tau pathology. FEBS J. 2013;280:4371-81 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our Tau transgenic mice may serve as model systems for in vivo validation of therapeutic strategies and drug candidates with regard to cognition and synaptic function. ..
- Reiter Owona I, Grüner B, Frosch M, Hoerauf A, Kern P, Tappe D. Serological confirmatory testing of alveolar and cystic echinococcosis in clinical practice: results of a comparative study with commercialized and in-house assays. Clin Lab. 2009;55:41-8 pubmed..High antibody titers in the screening assays will favour the detection of species-specific antibodies in either form. ..
- Mitschke M, Hoffmann L, Gnad T, Scholz D, Kruithoff K, Mayer P, et al. Increased cGMP promotes healthy expansion and browning of white adipose tissue. FASEB J. 2013;27:1621-30 pubmed publisher..Taken together, PKGI is a key regulator of cell size, adipokine secretion and browning of white fat depots and thus could be a valuable target in developing novel treatments for obesity. ..
- Bader R, Sarraf Zadeh L, Peters M, Moderau N, Stocker H, Kohler K, et al. The IGFBP7 homolog Imp-L2 promotes insulin signaling in distinct neurons of the Drosophila brain. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:2571-6 pubmed publisher..We suggest that Imp-L2 acts as a licensing factor for neuronal IIS activation through Dilp-2 to further increase the precision of insulin activity in the brain. ..
- Ebel P, Vom Dorp K, Petrasch Parwez E, Zlomuzica A, Kinugawa K, Mariani J, et al. Inactivation of ceramide synthase 6 in mice results in an altered sphingolipid metabolism and behavioral abnormalities. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:21433-47 pubmed publisher..Using newly developed antibodies that specifically recognize the CerS6 protein we show that the endogenous CerS6 protein is N-glycosylated and expressed in several tissues of mice, mainly kidney, small and large intestine, and brain. ..
- Pieper Fürst U, Lammert F. Low-density lipoprotein receptors in liver: old acquaintances and a newcomer. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1831:1191-8 pubmed..These observations provide the experimental framework for the systematic and dynamic analysis of the LDLR family during chronic liver injury and fibrogenesis. ..
- Jager A, Kunert D, Friesen T, Zhang D, Lossdörfer S, Gotz W. Cellular and extracellular factors in early root resorption repair in the rat. Eur J Orthod. 2008;30:336-45 pubmed publisher..Cells with a defined osteoblastic phenotype seemed to be of minor importance in this repair process...
- Kunze A, Congreso M, Hartmann C, Wallraff Beck A, Hüttmann K, Bedner P, et al. Connexin expression by radial glia-like cells is required for neurogenesis in the adult dentate gyrus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:11336-41 pubmed publisher..These findings strongly suggest the requirement of connexin expression by radial glia-like cells for intact neurogenesis in the adult brain and point to possible communication pathways of these cells. ..
- Zsurka G, Kudina T, Peeva V, Hallmann K, Elger C, Khrapko K, et al. Distinct patterns of mitochondrial genome diversity in bonobos (Pan paniscus) and humans. BMC Evol Biol. 2010;10:270 pubmed publisher..Thus, we hypothesize that the species-specific release of evolutionary constraints for the mitochondrial genes of the proton-translocating ATPase is a consequence of altered heat homeostasis in modern humans. ..
- Novak N, Mete N, Bussmann C, Maintz L, Bieber T, Akdis M, et al. Early suppression of basophil activation during allergen-specific immunotherapy by histamine receptor 2. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2012;130:1153-1158.e2 pubmed publisher..Immunosilencing of Fc?RI-activated basophils by means of selective suppression mediated by H2R might be highly relevant for the very early induction of allergen tolerance and the so-called desensitization effect of VIT. ..
- Pitsch J, Opitz T, Borm V, Woitecki A, Staniek M, Beck H, et al. The presynaptic active zone protein RIM1? controls epileptogenesis following status epilepticus. J Neurosci. 2012;32:12384-95 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results suggest that presynaptic plasticity and proper function of RIM1? play an important part in a neuron's adaptive response to aberrant electrical activity. ..
- Zirkel F, Roth H, Kurth A, Drosten C, Ziebuhr J, Junglen S. Identification and characterization of genetically divergent members of the newly established family Mesoniviridae. J Virol. 2013;87:6346-58 pubmed publisher..The data provide fundamental new insight into common and distinguishing biological properties of members of this newly identified virus family. ..
- Chen Y, Siegel F, Kipschull S, Haas B, Frohlich H, Meister G, et al. miR-155 regulates differentiation of brown and beige adipocytes via a bistable circuit. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1769 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that the bistable loop involving microRNA 155 and CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein ? regulates brown lineage commitment, thereby, controlling the development of brown and beige fat cells. ..
- Tien N, Karaca I, Tamboli I, Walter J. Trehalose Alters Subcellular Trafficking and the Metabolism of the Alzheimer-associated Amyloid Precursor Protein. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:10528-40 pubmed publisher..The combined data indicate that trehalose decreases the lysosomal metabolism of APP by altering its endocytic vesicular transport. ..
- Hesse M, Franz T, Tamai Y, Taketo M, Magin T. Targeted deletion of keratins 18 and 19 leads to trophoblast fragility and early embryonic lethality. EMBO J. 2000;19:5060-70 pubmed..Our data also offer a rationale to explore the involvement of keratin mutations in early abortions during human pregnancies. ..
- Teubner B, Michel V, Pesch J, Lautermann J, Cohen Salmon M, Sohl G, et al. Connexin30 (Gjb6)-deficiency causes severe hearing impairment and lack of endocochlear potential. Hum Mol Genet. 2003;12:13-21 pubmed..The Cx30 deficient mice may represent a valuable model to study the mechanism of the hearing loss in human patients carrying a homozygous deletion of the CX30 gene (del Castillo et al., 2002, New Engl. J. Med., 346, 243-249). ..
- Weyer A, Schilling K. Developmental and cell type-specific expression of the neuronal marker NeuN in the murine cerebellum. J Neurosci Res. 2003;73:400-9 pubmed..Thus, whereas NeuN expression per se is a reliable marker of proliferative capacity, levels of NeuN expression may also be indicative of the physiological status of a postmitotic neuron. ..
- Klotz L, Sastre M, Kreutz A, Gavrilyuk V, Klockgether T, Feinstein D, et al. Noradrenaline induces expression of peroxisome proliferator activated receptor gamma (PPARgamma) in murine primary astrocytes and neurons. J Neurochem. 2003;86:907-16 pubmed..Conversely, decreased NA due to LC cell death in AD may reduce endogenous PPARgamma expression and therefore potentiate neuroinflammatory processes. ..
- Mand S, Debrah A, Batsa L, Adjei O, Hoerauf A. Reliable and frequent detection of adult Wuchereria bancrofti in Ghanaian women by ultrasonography. Trop Med Int Health. 2004;9:1111-4 pubmed..The surprisingly high number of worm nests detectable in microfilaraemic women recommends ultrasonography for diagnosis and treatment efficacy monitoring of female patients infected with W. bancrofti...
- Bilkei Gorzo A, Michel K, Noble F, Roques B, Zimmer A. Preproenkephalin knockout mice show no depression-related phenotype. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2007;32:2330-7 pubmed..This result was also surprising because the antidepressant effects of RB-101 were thought to be due to the elevation of enkephalin levels. ..
- Ramakrishnan H, Hedayati K, Lüllmann Rauch R, Wessig C, Fewou S, Maier H, et al. Increasing sulfatide synthesis in myelin-forming cells of arylsulfatase A-deficient mice causes demyelination and neurological symptoms reminiscent of human metachromatic leukodystrophy. J Neurosci. 2007;27:9482-90 pubmed..The approach described here may also be applicable to improve other mouse models of lysosomal as well as nonlysosomal disorders. ..
- Mueller C, Berger A, Zimmer S, Tiyerili V, Nickenig G. The heterogenous nuclear riboprotein S1-1 regulates AT1 receptor gene expression via transcriptional and posttranscriptional mechanisms. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2009;488:76-82 pubmed publisher..Additionally, S1-1 overexpression leads to increased apoptosis in VSMC and decreases VSMC proliferation. ..
- Gonzalez Carmona M, Sandhoff R, Tacke F, Vogt A, Weber S, Canbay A, et al. Beta-glucosidase 2 knockout mice with increased glucosylceramide show impaired liver regeneration. Liver Int. 2012;32:1354-62 pubmed publisher..Thus, the repression of IL-6/STAT3 signalling pathway seems to be one of the mechanisms for the delay of liver regeneration in GBA2-deficient mice. ..
- Isbell F, Gonzalez A, Loreau M, Cowles J, Diaz S, Hector A, et al. Linking the influence and dependence of people on biodiversity across scales. Nature. 2017;546:65-72 pubmed publisher..Biodiversity loss substantially diminishes several ecosystem services by altering ecosystem functioning and stability, especially at the large temporal and spatial scales that are most relevant for policy and conservation. ..
- Pezeshkpoor B, Schreck U, Biswas A, Driesen J, Berkemeier A, Pavlova A, et al. An in silico and in vitro approach to elucidate the impact of residues flanking the cleavage scissile bonds of FVIII. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180456 pubmed publisher..Thus, the P4-P2´ residues surrounding Arg1708 of FVIII have the highest impact on rates of thrombin proteolysis which contributes to thrombin activation of the profactor and eventually to the thrombin generation potential. ..
- Lüers G, Michels M, Schwaab U, Franz T. Murine calmodulin binding protein 1 (Calmbp1): tissue-specific expression during development and in adult tissues. Mech Dev. 2002;118:229-32 pubmed
- Hoerauf A. New strategies to combat filariasis. Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 2006;4:211-22 pubmed
- Specht S, Saeftel M, Arndt M, Endl E, Dubben B, Lee N, et al. Lack of eosinophil peroxidase or major basic protein impairs defense against murine filarial infection. Infect Immun. 2006;74:5236-43 pubmed..These data suggest a hitherto unknown interaction between eosinophil granule proteins, defense against filarial nematodes, and cytokine responses of macrophages and CD4 T cells...
- Wei L, Hata K, Doorschodt B, Buttner R, Minor T, Tolba R. Experimental small bowel preservation using Polysol: a new alternative to University of Wisconsin solution, Celsior and histidine-tryptophan-ketoglutarate solution?. World J Gastroenterol. 2007;13:3684-91 pubmed..Cold storage using Polysol resulted in significantly better integrity and function of small bowel grafts than UW. Hence, Polysol may be a novel alternative for the small bowel preservation. ..
- Beck H, Elger C. Epilepsy research: a window onto function to and dysfunction of the human brain. Dialogues Clin Neurosci. 2008;10:7-15 pubmed..In addition, the study of epilepsy has frequently shed light on basic mechanisms underlying the function and dysfunction of the human brain, ..
- Heymann F, Meyer Schwesinger C, Hamilton Williams E, Hammerich L, Panzer U, Kaden S, et al. Kidney dendritic cell activation is required for progression of renal disease in a mouse model of glomerular injury. J Clin Invest. 2009;119:1286-97 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that glomerular antigen-specific CTLs and Th cells can jointly induce renal immunopathology and identify kidney DCs as a mechanistic link between glomerular injury and the progression of kidney disease. ..
- Perabo F, Landwehrs G, Frössler C, Schmidt D, Mueller S. Antiproliferative and apoptosis inducing effects of indirubin-3'-monoxime in renal cell cancer cells. Urol Oncol. 2011;29:815-20 pubmed publisher..Indirubin-3'-monoxime seems to be a candidate for further evaluation. ..
- Balmert A, Florian Bohn H, Ditsche Kuru P, Barthlott W. Dry under water: comparative morphology and functional aspects of air-retaining insect surfaces. J Morphol. 2011;272:442-51 pubmed publisher..Our findings might be beneficial for the development of biomimetic surfaces for long-term air retention and drag reduction under water. In addition, the biological functions of the different air retention capabilities are discussed. ..
- Tress O, Maglione M, Zlomuzica A, May D, Dicke N, Degen J, et al. Pathologic and phenotypic alterations in a mouse expressing a connexin47 missense mutation that causes Pelizaeus-Merzbacher-like disease in humans. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002146 pubmed publisher..These results strongly suggest that PMLD1 is caused by the loss of Cx47 channel function that results in impaired panglial coupling in white matter tissue. ..
- Asdonk T, Motz I, Werner N, Coch C, Barchet W, Hartmann G, et al. Endothelial RIG-I activation impairs endothelial function. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;420:66-71 pubmed publisher..This study shows that activation of the cytoplasmatic nucleic acid receptor RIG-I leads to endothelial dysfunction. RIG-I induced endothelial damage could therefore be an important pathway in atherogenesis. ..
- Goller T, Seibold U, Kremmer E, Voos W, Kolanus W. Atad3 function is essential for early post-implantation development in the mouse. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e54799 pubmed publisher..At the biochemical level, we report here that ATAD3 is present in five native mitochondrial protein complexes of different sizes, indicating complex roles of the protein in mitochondrial architecture and function. ..
- De Nardo D, Labzin L, Kono H, Seki R, Schmidt S, Beyer M, et al. High-density lipoprotein mediates anti-inflammatory reprogramming of macrophages via the transcriptional regulator ATF3. Nat Immunol. 2014;15:152-60 pubmed publisher..Our findings may explain the broad anti-inflammatory and metabolic actions of HDL and provide the basis for predicting the success of new HDL-based therapies. ..
- Butterweck A, Gergs U, Elfgang C, Willecke K, Traub O. Immunochemical characterization of the gap junction protein connexin45 in mouse kidney and transfected human HeLa cells. J Membr Biol. 1994;141:247-56 pubmed..The Cx45 antibodies characterized in this paper should be useful for investigations of Cx45 in renal gap junctional communication. ..
- Schwarz N, Kalff J, Türler A, Speidel N, Grandis J, Billiar T, et al. Selective jejunal manipulation causes postoperative pan-enteric inflammation and dysmotility. Gastroenterology. 2004;126:159-69 pubmed..Selective small bowel manipulation leads to a molecular, cellular, and functional pan-enteric "field effect" phenomenon in the unmanipulated gastric and colonic muscularis. ..
- Grohe C, Kann S, Fink L, Djoufack P, Paehr M, van Eickels M, et al. 17 Beta-estradiol regulates nNOS and eNOS activity in the hippocampus. Neuroreport. 2004;15:89-93 pubmed..E2 substitution reversed these effects. It is concluded that E2 increases nNOS and eNOS expression and activity in female hippocampus and thus improves hippocampal function. ..
- El Tahir H, Dietz F, Dringen R, Schwabe K, Strenge K, Kelm S, et al. Expression of hepatoma-derived growth factor family members in the adult central nervous system. BMC Neurosci. 2006;7:6 pubmed..In addition the restricted expression of HRP-3 point to a special function of this family member for neuronal cells. ..
- Burgdorf S, Scholz C, Kautz A, Tampe R, Kurts C. Spatial and mechanistic separation of cross-presentation and endogenous antigen presentation. Nat Immunol. 2008;9:558-66 pubmed publisher..Thus, cross-presentation is spatially and mechanistically separated from endogenous MHC class I-restricted antigen presentation and is biased toward antigens containing microbial molecular patterns...
- Lemor A, Hosseini A, Sauerwein H, Mielenz M. Transition period-related changes in the abundance of the mRNAs of adiponectin and its receptors, of visfatin, and of fatty acid binding receptors in adipose tissue of high-yielding dairy cows. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2009;37:37-44 pubmed publisher..In addition, visfatin, GPR 41, and GPR 109A may further modulate insulin sensitivity. ..
- Frisch P, Bilkei Gorzo A, Racz I, Zimmer A. Modulation of the CRH system by substance P/NKA in an animal model of depression. Behav Brain Res. 2010;213:103-8 pubmed publisher..In the PVN, bulbectomized tac1(-/-) mice showed an elevated expression of CRHR1 and CRHR2. These results show that substance P/NKA is involved in modulating CRH signalling in an animal model of depression. ..
- Schütz M, Auth T, Gehrt A, Bosen F, Körber I, Strenzke N, et al. The connexin26 S17F mouse mutant represents a model for the human hereditary keratitis-ichthyosis-deafness syndrome. Hum Mol Genet. 2011;20:28-39 pubmed publisher..The phenotype of heterozygous mice resembles many of the symptoms of the human KID syndrome. Thus, these mice represent an appropriate model to further investigate the disease mechanism. ..
- Kashikar N, Alvarez L, Seifert R, Gregor I, Jäckle O, Beyermann M, et al. Temporal sampling, resetting, and adaptation orchestrate gradient sensing in sperm. J Cell Biol. 2012;198:1075-91 pubmed publisher..Orchestration of temporal sampling, resetting, and adaptation might control gradient sensing in such organisms as well. ..
- Junglen S, Drosten C. Virus discovery and recent insights into virus diversity in arthropods. Curr Opin Microbiol. 2013;16:507-13 pubmed publisher..Future investigations should include species from other arthropod taxa than Ixodita, Culicidae and Phlebotominae in order to shed light on the true diversity of arthropod viruses. ..
- Kurts C, Panzer U, Anders H, Rees A. The immune system and kidney disease: basic concepts and clinical implications. Nat Rev Immunol. 2013;13:738-53 pubmed publisher..In this Review, we summarize the recent findings regarding the interactions between the kidneys and the immune system. ..
- Sagorny C, Wesener T. Two new giant pill-millipede species of the genus Zoosphaerium endemic to the Bemanevika area in northern Madagascar (Diplopoda, Sphaerotheriida, Arthrosphaeridae). Zootaxa. 2017;4263:273-294 pubmed publisher..Both species occur sympatrically as microendemics in small patches of humid evergreen forest near Bemanevika in northern Madagascar, an only recently protected area that represents a Malagasy center of endemism. ..
- Hayallah A, Sandoval Ramírez J, Reith U, Schobert U, Preiss B, Schumacher B, et al. 1,8-disubstituted xanthine derivatives: synthesis of potent A2B-selective adenosine receptor antagonists. J Med Chem. 2002;45:1500-10 pubmed..30-fold selectivity versus rat A1, and greater than 400-fold selectivity versus human A2A and A3 ARs. The new potent, selective, water-soluble A2B antagonists may be useful research tools for investigating A2B receptor function. ..
- Maxeiner S, Kruger O, Schilling K, Traub O, Urschel S, Willecke K. Spatiotemporal transcription of connexin45 during brain development results in neuronal expression in adult mice. Neuroscience. 2003;119:689-700 pubmed
- Burgdorf S, Lukacs Kornek V, Kurts C. The mannose receptor mediates uptake of soluble but not of cell-associated antigen for cross-presentation. J Immunol. 2006;176:6770-6 pubmed..Uptake of cell-associated OVA was unaffected by MR deficiency, resulting in unchanged activation of OT-I cells. These findings demonstrate that DC use the MR for endocytosis of a particular Ag type intended for cross-presentation. ..
- Tormo D, Ferrer A, Gaffal E, Wenzel J, Basner Tschakarjan E, Steitz J, et al. Rapid growth of invasive metastatic melanoma in carcinogen-treated hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor-transgenic mice carrying an oncogenic CDK4 mutation. Am J Pathol. 2006;169:665-72 pubmed..This new experimental mouse model can now be exploited to study further the biology of melanoma and evaluate new treatment modalities. ..
- Sasse P, Zhang J, Cleemann L, Morad M, Hescheler J, Fleischmann B. Intracellular Ca2+ oscillations, a potential pacemaking mechanism in early embryonic heart cells. J Gen Physiol. 2007;130:133-44 pubmed..Thus, Ca(2+) oscillations pace early embryonic heart cells and the ensuing activation of the Na(+)-Ca(2+) exchanger evokes small membrane depolarizations or action potentials. ..
- Bauriedel G, Jabs A, Kraemer S, Nickenig G, Skowasch D. Neointimal expression of rapamycin receptor FK506-binding protein FKBP12: postinjury animal and human in-stent restenosis tissue characteristics. J Vasc Res. 2008;45:173-8 pubmed..Co-expression of FKBP12 and dendritic cell markers suggests that dendritic cells may be another important target for early and long-term rapamycin effects. ..
- Pusch R, von der Emde G, Hollmann M, Bacelo J, Nöbel S, Grant K, et al. Active sensing in a mormyrid fish: electric images and peripheral modifications of the signal carrier give evidence of dual foveation. J Exp Biol. 2008;211:921-34 pubmed publisher..Our results imply that both regions - the Schnauzenorgan and the nasal region - can be termed electric fovea but they serve separate functions during active electrolocation...
- Breuer P, Haacke A, Evert B, Wullner U. Nuclear aggregation of polyglutamine-expanded ataxin-3: fragments escape the cytoplasmic quality control. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:6532-7 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that native aggregation-prone fragments derived from expanded ataxin-3 may eventually escape the cytoplasmic quality control, resulting in aggregation in the nuclear compartment. ..
- Schröder R, Janssen N, Schmidt J, Kebig A, Merten N, Hennen S, et al. Deconvolution of complex G protein-coupled receptor signaling in live cells using dynamic mass redistribution measurements. Nat Biotechnol. 2010;28:943-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that DMR technology will have a substantial impact on systems biology and systems pharmacology as well as for the discovery of drugs with novel mechanisms. ..
- Gotz W, Lenz S, Reichert C, Henkel K, Bienengräber V, Pernicka L, et al. A preliminary study in osteoinduction by a nano-crystalline hydroxyapatite in the mini pig. Folia Histochem Cytobiol. 2010;48:589-96 pubmed publisher..The results of this preliminary study indicate that this biomaterial has osteoinductive potential and induces the formation of bone structures, mainly in subcutaneous adipose tissue in the pig...