Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adult in Greifswald, Mecklenburg Vorpommern, Germany
Locale: Greifswald, Mecklenburg Vorpommern, Germany
Publications179 found, 100 shown here
- Akinkugbe A, Avery C, Barritt A, Cole S, Lerch M, Mayerle J, et al. Do Genetic Markers of Inflammation Modify the Relationship between Periodontitis and Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease? Findings from the SHIP Study. J Dent Res. 2017;96:1392-1399 pubmed publisher..12 (95% CI, 0.65-1.93) for participants with serum CRP >3 mg/L. Periodontitis was positively associated with higher prevalence odds of NAFLD, and this relationship was modified by serum CRP levels. ..
- Wolff B, Braun C, Schlüter C, Grabe H, Popowski K, Volzke H, et al. Endothelial nitric oxide synthase Glu(298)-->Asp polymorphism, carotid atherosclerosis and intima-media thickness in a general population sample. Clin Sci (Lond). 2005;109:475-81 pubmed..This suggests that the association of the Glu(298)-->Asp genotype with atherosclerosis in the carotid arteries is site-specific and is modified by overall cardiovascular risk. ..
- Haring R, Ernst F, Schürmann C, Homuth G, Volker U, Volzke H, et al. The androgen receptor CAG repeat polymorphism as a risk factor of low serum testosterone and its cardiometabolic effects in men. Int J Androl. 2012;35:511-20 pubmed publisher..The added clinical value of a combined assessment of CAG repeat length and serum TT concentrations merits further investigation. ..
- de Vries P, Chasman D, Sabater Lleal M, Chen M, Huffman J, Steri M, et al. A meta-analysis of 120 246 individuals identifies 18 new loci for fibrinogen concentration. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:358-70 pubmed publisher..We further identified six additional independent signals, including three rare variants, at two previously characterized loci: FGB and IRF1. Together the 41 loci explain 3% of the variance in plasma fibrinogen concentration. ..
- Honig A, Landgraf R, Ledderhos C, Quies W. Plasma vasopressin levels in healthy young men in response to stimulation of the peripheral arterial chemoreceptors by almitrine bismesylate. Biomed Biochim Acta. 1987;46:1043-9 pubmed..The data do not support the assumption that arterial chemoreceptor stimulation increases plasma AVP. They rather indicate that excitation of these pO2-sensors in normoxic humans suppresses plasma AVP by mechanisms so far unknown. ..
- Kubiak T, Wittig A, Koll C, Mraz B, Gustav J, Herrmann U, et al. Continuous glucose monitoring reveals associations of glucose levels with QT interval length. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2010;12:283-6 pubmed publisher..The finding on impaired hypoglycemia awareness patients has to be interpreted with caution but provides some support for the role of sympathetic activation for the QTc-glucose link. ..
- Schnuerer I, Gaertner B, Baumann S, Rumpf H, John U, Hapke U, et al. Gender-specific predictors of risky alcohol use among general hospital inpatients. Gen Hosp Psychiatry. 2013;35:9-15 pubmed publisher..In addition to the implementation of routine alcohol screening, the examined data may provide cost-effective information that could be used to tailor interventions. ..
- Schneider F, Herzer W, Schroeder H, Mueller J, Kolyschkow P, Sommer M, et al. Effects of propofol on electrocorticography in patients with intractable partial epilepsy. J Neurosurg Anesthesiol. 2011;23:150-5 pubmed publisher..While spike-burst-suppression-patterns were recorded under propofol, the small number of surgically treated patients limits conclusions concerning their predictive value for improved epilepsy surgery outcome. ..
- Frank M, Schmucker U, Napp M, Stengel D, Hinz P, Ekkernkamp A, et al. Humane killers, human injury: functional outcome of vole captive bolt injuries. J Trauma. 2009;67:617-23 pubmed publisher..The present observations alarmed national authorities. The manufacturers were required to take engineering and teaching measures to rule out handling errors that were identified as leading cause of injury. ..
- Voigt M, Rochow N, Zygmunt M, Straube S, Schneider K, Briese V. Risks of pregnancy and birth, birth presentation, and mode of delivery in relation to the age of primiparous women. Z Geburtshilfe Neonatol. 2008;212:206-10 pubmed publisher..Older primiparous women constitute a special risk group which may require a more intense level of care. ..
- Volzke H, Alte D, Ittermann T, Schmidt C, Rettig R, Mayerle J, et al. Subjects with sonographical hepatic steatosis should be excluded from studies to establish upper reference levels of serum transaminases. Liver Int. 2011;31:985-93 pubmed publisher..Creating a reference population for establishing URL for serum liver enzyme activities should include liver ultrasound in order to exclude subjects with subclinical hepatic steatosis. ..
- Seifert J, Frank M, KÃ¶ln T, Beniers K, Kramer A, Ekkernkamp A, et al. [Epidemiology of multidrug-resistant organisms in travellers: Results of a 2-year screening in a German level 1 trauma center]. Unfallchirurg. 2016;119:217-24 pubmed publisher..No transmissions or nosocomial infections were observed during the study period. ..
- Puls R, Langner S, Rosenberg C, Hegenscheid K, Kuehn J, Noeckler K, et al. Laser ablation of liver metastases from colorectal cancer with MR thermometry: 5-year survival. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2009;20:225-34 pubmed publisher..Although the results are encouraging, direct comparison with other ablative modalities in a prospective clinical trial would be necessary to definitely show one modality is superior. ..
- Alte D, Weitschies W, Ritter C. Evaluation of consultation in community pharmacies with mystery shoppers. Ann Pharmacother. 2007;41:1023-30 pubmed..Relevant training should be provided, including use of software to identify drug interactions. Mystery shopper studies give valuable information for tailoring training schemes. ..
- Kühn J, Busemann A, Lerch M, Heidecke C, Hosten N, Puls R. Percutaneous biliary drainage in patients with nondilated intrahepatic bile ducts compared with patients with dilated intrahepatic bile ducts. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2010;195:851-7 pubmed publisher..With these measures, technical success and complication rates in patients with nondilated ducts are comparable to those for PTBD of dilated bile ducts. ..
- Empen K, Lorbeer R, Volzke H, Reffelmann T, Schipf S, Nauck M, et al. Do patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes really have an impaired endothelial function? A population-based propensity score matching analysis. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2013;12:174 pubmed publisher..Since these findings are in discordance with the majority of previous reports, we suggest performing similar analyses using data from other population-based studies. ..
- Daeschlein G, Assadian O, Bruck J, Meinl C, Kramer A, Koch S. Feasibility and clinical applicability of polihexanide for treatment of second-degree burn wounds. Skin Pharmacol Physiol. 2007;20:292-6 pubmed..For the treatment of second-degree burns, which cannot primarily be covered by plastic surgery, polihexanide is suitable because in addition to its antiseptic efficacy it does not inhibit the re-epithelialization process. ..
- von Sarnowski B, Schminke U, Tatlisumak T, Putaala J, Grittner U, Kaps M, et al. Prevalence of stenoses and occlusions of brain-supplying arteries in young stroke patients. Neurology. 2013;80:1287-94 pubmed publisher..Together with nonstenotic plaques, one-fifth of patients (21.2%) had symptomatic or asymptomatic large-artery atherosclerosis, which should encourage future stroke prevention campaigns to target risk factor modification in young people. ..
- Freyer Adam J, Gaertner B, Tobschall S, John U. Health risk factors and self-rated health among job-seekers. BMC Public Health. 2011;11:659 pubmed publisher..7 for overweight and physical inactivity (95% CI: 1.5-1.9). Prevention efforts to reduce health risk factors and to increase health among job-seekers are needed, and job agencies appear a feasible setting for their implementation. ..
- Weinbrenner A, Hüneke D, Zschiesche M, Engel G, Timmer W, Steinijans V, et al. Circadian rhythm of serum cortisol after repeated inhalation of the new topical steroid ciclesonide. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2002;87:2160-3 pubmed..In conclusion, inhaled ciclesonide in daily doses of 800 microg for 7 d is without clinically relevant effects on the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis independent of the time of administration. ..
- Kocher T, Sawaf H, Warncke M, Welk A. Resolution of interdental inflammation with 2 different modes of plaque control. J Clin Periodontol. 2000;27:883-8 pubmed..This investigation demonstrated that a dentifrice containing triclosan in combination with a copolymer can reduce plaque and gingival inflammation to levels comparable to regular interdental cleaning. ..
- Friedrich N, Thuesen B, Jørgensen T, Juul A, Spielhagen C, Wallaschofksi H, et al. The association between IGF-I and insulin resistance: a general population study in Danish adults. Diabetes Care. 2012;35:768-73 pubmed publisher..Low- and high-normal IGF-I levels are both related to insulin resistance. The biological mechanism of this complex phenomenon has to be elucidated in more detail for future risk stratification. ..
- Day F, Ruth K, Thompson D, Lunetta K, Pervjakova N, Chasman D, et al. Large-scale genomic analyses link reproductive aging to hypothalamic signaling, breast cancer susceptibility and BRCA1-mediated DNA repair. Nat Genet. 2015;47:1294-1303 pubmed publisher..Mendelian randomization analyses supported a causal effect of later ANM on breast cancer risk (∼6% increase in risk per year; P = 3 × 10(-14)), likely mediated by prolonged sex hormone exposure rather than DDR mechanisms. ..
- Wolf A, Bernhardt J, Patrzyk M, Heidecke C. The value of endoscopic diagnosis and the treatment of pancreas injuries following blunt abdominal trauma. Surg Endosc. 2005;19:665-9 pubmed..If a stent is placed in the same session, it is possible to carry out definitive and interventional treatment. ..
- Kirsch M, Liebig T, Kuhne D, Henkes H. Endovascular management of dural arteriovenous fistulas of the transverse and sigmoid sinus in 150 patients. Neuroradiology. 2009;51:477-83 pubmed publisher..In selected patients, variations of these methods (e.g., sinus stenting, compartmental sinus occlusion) can be useful. ..
- Haring R, Volzke H, Felix S, Schipf S, Dorr M, Rosskopf D, et al. Prediction of metabolic syndrome by low serum testosterone levels in men: results from the study of health in Pomerania. Diabetes. 2009;58:2027-31 pubmed publisher..Especially in young men aged 20-39 years, results suggest low testosterone as a strong predictor for incident MetS. Assessment of testosterone in young and middle-age men may allow early interventions in the general population. ..
- Langner S, Martin H, Terwee T, Koopmans S, Krüger P, Hosten N, et al. 7.1 T MRI to assess the anterior segment of the eye. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:6575-81 pubmed publisher..Imaging of the retroiridian region, including the entire crystalline lens, overcomes a number of major limitations in the quantitative evaluation of the anterior segment. ..
- Struch F, Dau M, Schwahn C, Biffar R, Kocher T, Meisel P. Interleukin-1 gene polymorphism, diabetes, and periodontitis: results from the Study of Health in Pomerania (SHIP). J Periodontol. 2008;79:501-7 pubmed..Logistic regression and a matched-pair analysis confirmed these results. Subjects with type 2 diabetes have an increased risk for periodontitis, which is aggravated further if combined with the variant IL-1A/1B genotype. ..
- Langner S, Fleck S, Kirsch M, Petrik M, Hosten N. Whole-body CT trauma imaging with adapted and optimized CT angiography of the craniocervical vessels: do we need an extra screening examination?. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2008;29:1902-7 pubmed publisher..Earlier recognition enables earlier treatment and may decrease mortality and morbidity rates of these rare but potentially devastating injuries. ..
- Holtz K, Pané Farré C, Wendt J, Lotze M, Hamm A. Brain activation during anticipation of interoceptive threat. Neuroimage. 2012;61:857-65 pubmed publisher..Thus, the current paradigm might provide an innovative method to study anxious apprehension and treatment effects in patients with panic disorder. ..
- Entenmann L, Pietzner M, Artati A, Hannemann A, Henning A, Kastenmüller G, et al. Comprehensive metabolic characterization of serum osteocalcin action in a large non-diabetic sample. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184721 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the present study provides a read-out of metabolic actions of OCN. However, most of the associations were weak arguing for a limited role of OCN in whole-body metabolism. ..
- Volzke H, Robinson D, John U. Association between thyroid function and gallstone disease. World J Gastroenterol. 2005;11:5530-4 pubmed..40; 95%-CI 0.96-2.02; P = 0.07). In the female population, no such relation was identified. There is an association between thyroid and gallstone disease with a gender-specific relation between hypothyroidism and cholelithiasis. ..
- Herzer F, Wendt J, Hamm A. Discriminant validity of constructs derived from the self-regulative model for evaluation anxiety for predicting clinical manifestations of test anxiety. Behav Res Ther. 2015;73:52-7 pubmed publisher..These constructs spread across all three domains proposed in the model, thus providing important implications for possible targets of interventions to reduce clinical levels of test anxiety. ..
- Vogelgesang A, Rosenberg S, Skrzipek S, Broker B, Dressel A. Mitoxantrone treatment in multiple sclerosis induces TH2-type cytokines. Acta Neurol Scand. 2010;122:237-43 pubmed publisher..Mitoxantrone did not alter the proliferative capacity of ex vivo-stimulated T cells. Mitoxantrone treatment in MS enhances the inducibility of TH2-type cytokines, which may contribute to its beneficial effects in MS. ..
- Bernhardt O, Mundt T, Welk A, Köppl N, Kocher T, Meyer G, et al. Signs and symptoms of temporomandibular disorders and the incidence of tinnitus. J Oral Rehabil. 2011;38:891-901 pubmed publisher..Pain on palpation of the TMJ, however, did not worsen the prognosis for tinnitus in prevalent tinnitus cases (RR = 0·8, P = 0·288). Signs of TMD are a risk factor for the development of tinnitus. ..
- Janki S, Klop K, Kimenai H, van de Wetering J, Weimar W, Massey E, et al. LOng-term follow-up after liVE kidney donation (LOVE) study: a longitudinal comparison study protocol. BMC Nephrol. 2016;17:14 pubmed publisher..This study will provide evidence on the long-term consequences of live kidney donation for the donor compared to matched non-donors and evaluate the current donor eligibility criteria. Dutch Trial Register NTR3795 . ..
- Volzke H, Baumeister S, Alte D, Hoffmann W, Schwahn C, Simon P, et al. Independent risk factors for gallstone formation in a region with high cholelithiasis prevalence. Digestion. 2005;71:97-105 pubmed..Female sex, age and being overweight are major risk factors for gallstone formation in this region where cholelithiasis is a frequent disorder. Additional factors and interactions contribute to a gender-specific gallstone risk. ..
- Greinacher A, Friesecke S, Abel P, Dressel A, Stracke S, Fiene M, et al. Treatment of severe neurological deficits with IgG depletion through immunoadsorption in patients with Escherichia coli O104:H4-associated haemolytic uraemic syndrome: a prospective trial. Lancet. 2011;378:1166-73 pubmed publisher..Immunoadsorption can safely be used to rapidly ameliorate these severe neurological complications. Greifswald University and Hannover Medical School. ..
- Bernhardt O, Gesch D, Schwahn C, Mack F, Meyer G, John U, et al. Epidemiological evaluation of the multifactorial aetiology of abfractions. J Oral Rehabil. 2006;33:17-25 pubmed..This study delivers further evidence for a multifactorial aetiology of abfractions. ..
- Fleck S, Langner S, Baldauf J, Kirsch M, Kohlmann T, Schroeder H. Incidence of blunt craniocervical artery injuries: use of whole-body computed tomography trauma imaging with adapted computed tomography angiography. Neurosurgery. 2011;69:615-23; discussion 623-4 pubmed publisher..Computed tomography angiography could be a part of a broad screening protocol for craniocervical vessels in documented injuries of the head and neck and in trauma mechanisms influencing the craniocervical region as well. ..
- Moock J, Albrecht C, Friedrich N, Volzke H, Nauck M, Koltowska Haggstrom M, et al. Health-related quality of life and IGF-1 in GH-deficient adult patients on GH replacement therapy: analysis of the German KIMS data and the Study of Health in Pomerania. Eur J Endocrinol. 2009;160:17-24 pubmed publisher..However, there was no association between IGF-1 values and HRQoL assessment as one of the important treatment outcomes. ..
- Hoffmann W, Herzog B, Mühlig S, Kayser H, Fabian R, Thomsen M, et al. Pharmaceutical care for migraine and headache patients: a community-based, randomized intervention. Ann Pharmacother. 2008;42:1804-13 pubmed publisher..To fully assess the effects of pharmaceutical care, a longer study may be required. ..
- Schomerus G, Appel K, Meffert P, Luppa M, Andersen R, Grabe H, et al. Personality-related factors as predictors of help-seeking for depression: a population-based study applying the Behavioral Model of Health Services Use. Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol. 2013;48:1809-17 pubmed publisher..Personality-related predisposing factors are important predictors of help-seeking. The influence of resilience on help-seeking among depressed individuals merits further exploration. ..
- Repp K, Lorbeer R, Ittermann T, GlÃ¤ser S, John U, Hoffmann W, et al. Occupational exposure to asbestos is associated with increased mortality in men recruited for a population-based study in Germany. Int J Occup Med Environ Health. 2015;28:849-62 pubmed publisher..Our results confirm associations of occupational exposure to asbestos with all-cause, benign lung disease, and stomach cancer mortality and underline the impact of joint effects of asbestos and smoking on mortality. ..
- Wilke A, Siegmund W, Schneider T, Wiersbitzky M, Franke G. Pharmacokinetics of almitrine in healthy volunteers and patients with essential hypertension. Biomed Biochim Acta. 1991;50:183-7 pubmed..Significant differences between healthy individuals and patients were not observed. The drug was well tolerated. The pharmacokinetic properties of almitrine should be included into its evaluation as a test compound. ..
- Hannemann A, Wallaschofski H, Ludemann J, Volzke H, Markus M, Rettig R, et al. Plasma aldosterone levels and aldosterone-to-renin ratios are associated with endothelial dysfunction in young to middle-aged subjects. Atherosclerosis. 2011;219:875-9 pubmed publisher..These associations were not observed in subjects ? 50 years. High and high-normal PAC or ARR contribute to an impaired FMD and subsequently the progression of subclinical atherosclerosis in young to middle-aged subjects. ..
- Oswald S, Konig J, Lutjohann D, Giessmann T, Kroemer H, Rimmbach C, et al. Disposition of ezetimibe is influenced by polymorphisms of the hepatic uptake carrier OATP1B1. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2008;18:559-68 pubmed publisher..The sterol-lowering effect of ezetimibe was not influenced by OATP1B1 polymorphisms. Pharmacokinetics of ezetimibe is influenced by OATP1B1 polymorphisms in healthy participants after single dose administration. ..
- Goretzlehner G, Wodrig W, Sas M, Morvay J, Scholz B, Weber A, et al. The modulating effect of estrogens on luteinizing hormone release in complete androgen insensitivity syndrome before and after gonadectomy and cyclic steroid application. Exp Clin Endocrinol. 1987;90:99-106 pubmed..The control group consisted of 10 normal females during the follicular phase. A positive feedback effect was induced in normal females and in AIS patients after prolonged treatment with a sequential pill. ..
- Nourallah A, Gesch D, Khordaji M, Splieth C. New regression equations for predicting the size of unerupted canines and premolars in a contemporary population. Angle Orthod. 2002;72:216-21 pubmed..The analogous prediction of the size of the unerupted mandibular canines and premolars was obtained by adding 5.5 mm to the half-widths of same teeth, 31, 41, 16, and 26. ..
- Piek J. Surgical treatment of complex traumatic frontobasal lesions: personal experience in 74 patients. Neurosurg Focus. 2000;9:e2 pubmed..Included in this study are 74 of 148 patients with acute injuries and complex frontobasal lesions involving the frontal sinus, the cribriform/ethmoid roof complex, one or both orbital roofs, and the planum sphenoidale...
- Greinacher A, Juhl D, Strobel U, Wessel A, Lubenow N, Selleng K, et al. Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia: a prospective study on the incidence, platelet-activating capacity and clinical significance of antiplatelet factor 4/heparin antibodies of the IgG, IgM, and IgA classes. J Thromb Haemost. 2007;5:1666-73 pubmed..However, only about half of EIA-positive patients are likely to have HIT. Anti-PF4/heparin antibodies of IgM/A class and non-PF4-dependent antigens have only a minor role in HIT. ..
- Garbacz G, Wedemeyer R, Nagel S, Giessmann T, Monnikes H, Wilson C, et al. Irregular absorption profiles observed from diclofenac extended release tablets can be predicted using a dissolution test apparatus that mimics in vivo physical stresses. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2008;70:421-8 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that the observed multiple peaks of plasma concentration after dosing of the ER diclofenac tablets are most probably caused by sensitivity to physical stress events during gastrointestinal transit. ..
- Schüler F, Dölken L, Hirt C, Kiefer T, Berg T, Fusch G, et al. Prevalence and frequency of circulating t(14;18)-MBR translocation carrying cells in healthy individuals. Int J Cancer. 2009;124:958-63 pubmed publisher..These findings will further improve the understanding of the relevance of t(14;18)-positive cells in healthy individuals as a risk marker toward the development into lymphoma precursors. ..
- Kasch R, Assmann G, Merk S, Barz T, Melloh M, Hofer A, et al. Economic analysis of two-stage septic revision after total hip arthroplasty: What are the relevant costs for the hospital's orthopedic department?. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2016;17:112 pubmed publisher..Disregarding hospital-fixed costs the included variable and case fixed-costs were covered by revenues. This study provides cost data, which will be guidance for health care decision makers. ..
- Felix S, Stangl V, Kieback A, Doerffel W, Staudt A, Wernecke K, et al. Acute hemodynamic effects of beta-blockers in patients with severe congestive heart failure: comparison of celiprolol and esmolol. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2001;38:666-71 pubmed..For treatment of severe heart failure, initiation of intravenous beta-blocker therapy with low doses of a beta 1 -blocker with vasodilating effects may have hemodynamic advantages over conventional beta-blockade...
- Lotze M, Beutling W, Loibl M, Domin M, Platz T, Schminke U, et al. Contralesional motor cortex activation depends on ipsilesional corticospinal tract integrity in well-recovered subcortical stroke patients. Neurorehabil Neural Repair. 2012;26:594-603 pubmed publisher..Associations between clinical, functional, and structural integrity measures in chronic stroke may lead to a better understanding of motor recovery processes. ..
- Bernhardt O, Gesch D, Schwahn C, Mack F, Meyer G, John U, et al. Risk factors for headache, including TMD signs and symptoms, and their impact on quality of life. Results of the Study of Health in Pomerania (SHIP). Quintessence Int. 2005;36:55-64 pubmed..Because of the number of tested covariates originally included in the model, this relation seems essential. ..
- Partecke L, Kessler W, von Bernstorff W, Diedrich S, Heidecke C, Patrzyk M. Laparoscopic appendectomy using a single polymeric clip to close the appendicular stump. Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2010;395:1077-82 pubmed publisher..We suggest the use of a single clip for the closure of the appendicular stump as the standard procedure in laparoscopic appendectomy whenever possible. ..
- Schroeder O, Schulte K, Schroeder J, Ekkernkamp A, Laun R. The -1082 interleukin-10 polymorphism is associated with acute respiratory failure after major trauma: a prospective cohort study. Surgery. 2008;143:233-42 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the IL-10 -1082 genotype may be a risk marker for development of acute respiratory failure after trauma. ..
- Jahn G, Wendt J, Lotze M, Papenmeier F, Huff M. Brain activation during spatial updating and attentive tracking of moving targets. Brain Cogn. 2012;78:105-13 pubmed publisher..Viewpoint changes with invisible objects that demanded retention and updating produced load-dependent activation only in the precuneus in line with its presumed involvement in updating spatial working memory. ..
- Schaper C, Gustavus B, Koch B, Ewert R, Hanf G, Kunkel G, et al. Effects of fexofenadine on inflammatory mediators in nasal lavage fluid in intermittent allergic rhinitis. J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol. 2009;19:459-64 pubmed..The changes observed in the markers analyzed in both nasal secretions and serum are attributable to the anti-inflammatory effects of fexofenadine in vivo. ..
- Skaaby T, Husemoen L, Thuesen B, Pisinger C, Hannemann A, Jørgensen T, et al. Longitudinal associations between lifestyle and vitamin D: A general population study with repeated vitamin D measurements. Endocrine. 2016;51:342-50 pubmed publisher..36, 1.35) for never smokers versus daily smokers. Our study shows that lower BMI, a higher level of physical activity, a healthier diet and possibly a higher alcohol intake, and not smoking, are associated with higher 25-OH-D levels. ..
- Janowitz D, Grabe H, Ruhrmann S, Ettelt S, Buhtz F, Hochrein A, et al. Early onset of obsessive-compulsive disorder and associated comorbidity. Depress Anxiety. 2009;26:1012-7 pubmed publisher..Future research should examine potential neurobiological features associated with early-onset presentations of OCD. Early detection and management of comorbidities may offset impairments later in life. ..
- Moeller M, Pink C, Endlich N, Endlich K, Grabe H, Volzke H, et al. Mortality is associated with inflammation, anemia, specific diseases and treatments, and molecular markers. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175909 pubmed publisher..The latter two, together with albumin and fibrinogen, aligned with an"integrated albunemia" model of aging proposed recently. ..
- Schallreuter K, Tobin D, Panske A. Decreased photodamage and low incidence of non-melanoma skin cancer in 136 sun-exposed caucasian patients with vitiligo. Dermatology. 2002;204:194-201 pubmed
- Nawka T, Wiesmann U, Gonnermann U. [Validation of the German version of the Voice Handicap Index]. HNO. 2003;51:921-30 pubmed..01%). The mean VHI scores differ significantly from each other in different degrees of voice disturbance as estimated by the patients themselves. The voice handicap index is qualified as a diagnostic tool for German-speaking countries. ..
- Durinovic Bello I, Schlosser M, Riedl M, Maisel N, Rosinger S, Kalbacher H, et al. Pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokine production by autoimmune T cells against preproinsulin in HLA-DRB1*04, DQ8 Type 1 diabetes. Diabetologia. 2004;47:439-450 pubmed publisher..This could prove useful in monitoring of T-cell immunity in clinical diabetes intervention trials. ..
- Splieth C, Schwahn C, Bernhardt O, John U. Prevalence and distribution of root caries in Pomerania, North-East Germany. Caries Res. 2004;38:333-40 pubmed..With about half of over-45-year-olds having at least one carious/filled root surface and increasing number of retained teeth in seniors, root caries is a relevant and probably growing disease in Pomerania and East Germany. ..
- Heinrich A, Ahrens N, Schmidt S, Khaw A. Immunophenotypic patterns of T-cell activation in neuroinflammatory diseases. Acta Neurol Scand. 2006;113:248-55 pubmed..Moreover, we wished to determine whether the expression of T-cell activation markers reflects disease activity in multiple sclerosis (MS)...
- Andratschke N, Parys A, Stadtfeld S, Wurster S, Huttenlocher S, Imhoff D, et al. Clinical results of mean GTV dose optimized robotic guided SBRT for liver metastases. Radiat Oncol. 2016;11:74 pubmed publisher..Reducing the PTV prescription dose and keeping a high mean GTV dose allowed the reduction of toxicity while maintaining a high local control probability for the treated lesions. ..
- Trenkwalder T, King R, Kaess B, Hengstenberg C, Schunkert H, Ittermann T, et al. Ventricular and Supraventricular Ectopy in Subjects With Early Repolarization. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:92-97 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, presence of the ER pattern is not associated with an increased occurrence of ventricular or supraventricular arrhythmias as assessed by serial ECG card recordings in this large population-based sample. ..
- Matthes G, Schmucker U, Lignitz E, Huth M, Ekkernkamp A, Seifert J. Does the frontal airbag avoid thoracic injury?. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2006;126:541-4 pubmed..The airbag does not avoid chest injury definitively. Much more, it has been demonstrated that the relative risk to sustain relevant thoracic injury seems to be almost higher in restrained drivers with a frontal airbag. ..
- Friedrich N, Schwarz S, Thonack J, John U, Wallaschofski H, Volzke H. Association between parity and autoimmune thyroiditis in a general female population. Autoimmunity. 2008;41:174-80 pubmed publisher..In this female population we found an association between parity and AIT and conclude that parity appears to be a potential risk factor for AIT. ..
- Kiefer T, Hirt C, Spath C, Schuler F, Al Ali H, Wolf H, et al. Long-term follow-up of high-dose chemotherapy with autologous stem-cell transplantation and response-adapted whole-brain radiotherapy for newly diagnosed primary CNS lymphoma: results of the multicenter Ostdeutsche Studiengruppe Hamatologie und Onkol. Ann Oncol. 2012;23:1809-12 pubmed publisher..Now, we update the initial results...
- Richter J, Hamm A, Pané Farré C, Gerlach A, Gloster A, Wittchen H, et al. Dynamics of defensive reactivity in patients with panic disorder and agoraphobia: implications for the etiology of panic disorder. Biol Psychiatry. 2012;72:512-20 pubmed publisher..These data support the learning perspective of panic disorder. ..
- Friedrich N, Budde K, Wolf T, Jungnickel A, Grotevendt A, Dressler M, et al. Short-term changes of the urine metabolome after bariatric surgery. OMICS. 2012;16:612-20 pubmed publisher..Whether urinary metabotypes might be used for early prediction of a successful bariatric procedure should be evaluated in long-term observations. ..
- Ittermann T, Markus M, Schipf S, Derwahl M, Meisinger C, Volzke H. Metformin inhibits goitrogenous effects of type 2 diabetes. Eur J Endocrinol. 2013;169:9-15 pubmed publisher..71; 95% CI 1.74 to 4.20). We demonstrate an inhibitory effect of metformin on prevalent and incident goiter. Anti-goitrogenous effects of metformin add to the general benefits of metformin treatment of T2DM. ..
- Rath M, Najm J, Sirb H, Kentouche K, Dufke A, Pauli S, et al. Large deletions play a minor but essential role in congenital coagulation factor VII and X deficiencies. Hamostaseologie. 2015;35 Suppl 1:S36-42 pubmed..Of note, in cases of combined FVII/FX deficiency, a deletion of the two contiguous genes might be part of a larger chromosomal rearrangement. ..
- Ohlinger R, Kühl A, Schwesinger G, Bock P, Lorenz G, Kohler G. Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans of the vulva. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2004;83:685-6 pubmed
- Friedrich N, Aumann N, Dorr M, Felix S, Nauck M, Wallaschofski H, et al. Lack of association between insulin-like growth factor-1 or insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-3 and left ventricular hypertrophy: results of the Study of Health in Pomerania. J Hypertens. 2010;28:856-64 pubmed publisher..No such relation became apparent in men. No association between IGF-I levels and LVH was found. Potential hypertrophic effects of free serum IGF-I levels might be mediated by lower IGFBP-3 levels. ..
- Mensel B, HeÃŸelbarth L, Wenzel M, KÃ¼hn J, DÃ¶rr M, VÃ¶lzke H, et al. Thoracic and abdominal aortic diameters in a general population: MRI-based reference values and association with age and cardiovascular risk factors. Eur Radiol. 2016;26:969-78 pubmed publisher..Median aortic diameter increases with age and diastolic blood pressure. â€¢ Median aortic diameter is larger in men than in women. â€¢ Some BSA-adjusted median aortic diameters are smaller in men than in women. ..
- Tsourdi E, Wallaschofski H, Rauner M, Nauck M, Pietzner M, Rettig R, et al. Thyrotropin serum levels are differentially associated with biochemical markers of bone turnover and stiffness in women and men: results from the SHIP cohorts. Osteoporos Int. 2016;27:719-27 pubmed publisher..01) in women but not in men. There was no significant association between TSH and sclerostin levels. TSH serum concentrations are associated with gender-specific changes in bone turnover and stiffness. ..
- Ittermann T, Haring R, Wallaschofski H, Baumeister S, Nauck M, Dorr M, et al. Inverse association between serum free thyroxine levels and hepatic steatosis: results from the Study of Health in Pomerania. Thyroid. 2012;22:568-74 pubmed publisher..Longitudinal and intervention studies are warranted to investigate whether hypothyroidism increases the risk of hepatic steatosis or vice versa. ..
- Auskalnis A, Bernhardt O, Putnienė E, Sidlauskas A, Andriuskeviciute I, Baseviciene N. Oral bony outgrowths: prevalence and genetic factor influence. Study of twins. Medicina (Kaunas). 2015;51:228-32 pubmed publisher..658). The most common bony outgrowth was torus mandibularis. Our results show that the genetic factor is dominant in the etiology of oral bony outgrowths. ..
- Splieth C, Alkilzy M, Schmitt J, Berndt C, Welk A. Effect of xylitol and sorbitol on plaque acidogenesis. Quintessence Int. 2009;40:279-85 pubmed..To evaluate the in vivo potential of xylitol to reduce plaque acidogenicity in comparison to sorbitol...
- Säglitz S, Gaab M. Investigations using magnetic resonance imaging: is neurovascular compression present in patients with essential hypertension?. J Neurosurg. 2002;96:1006-12 pubmed..For further clarification, however, prospective MR imaging studies should be considered in young patients with essential hypertension in whom the history of high blood pressure is short. ..
- Herrmann F, Wulff K, Auerswald G, Schulman S, Astermark J, Batorova A, et al. Factor VII deficiency: clinical manifestation of 717 subjects from Europe and Latin America with mutations in the factor 7 gene. Haemophilia. 2009;15:267-80 pubmed publisher..The severe haemorrhages - intracranial and gastrointestinal - were not reported in heterozygous subjects. The clinical variability and the regional differences in the mutation pattern are discussed regarding care and treatment. ..
- Kiank C, Zeden J, Drude S, Domanska G, Fusch G, Otten W, et al. Psychological stress-induced, IDO1-dependent tryptophan catabolism: implications on immunosuppression in mice and humans. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11825 pubmed publisher..Since patients showed Trp catabolism already prior to surgery, IDO is also a possible target enzyme for humans modulating immune homeostasis and mood. ..