Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on saccharomyces cerevisiae proteins in Osnabrück, Lower Saxony, Germany
Locale: Osnabrück, Lower Saxony, Germany
Topic: saccharomyces cerevisiae proteins
- Balderhaar H, Lachmann J, Yavavli E, Bröcker C, Lürick A, Ungermann C. The CORVET complex promotes tethering and fusion of Rab5/Vps21-positive membranes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:3823-8 pubmed publisher..We therefore conclude that CORVET is a tethering complex that promotes fusion of Rab5-positive membranes and thus facilitates receptor down-regulation and recycling at the late endosome. ..
- Peplowska K, Markgraf D, Ostrowicz C, Bange G, Ungermann C. The CORVET tethering complex interacts with the yeast Rab5 homolog Vps21 and is involved in endo-lysosomal biogenesis. Dev Cell. 2007;12:739-50 pubmed..Our data suggest that modular assembled tethering complexes define organelle biogenesis in the endocytic pathway. ..
- Balderhaar H, Arlt H, Ostrowicz C, Br cker C, S ndermann F, Brandt R, et al. The Rab GTPase Ypt7 is linked to retromer-mediated receptor recycling and fusion at the yeast late endosome. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:4085-94 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that Ypt7 functions at the late endosome to coordinate retromer-mediated recycling with the fusion of late endosomes with vacuoles...
- Cabrera M, Langemeyer L, Mari M, Rethmeier R, Orban I, Perz A, et al. Phosphorylation of a membrane curvature-sensing motif switches function of the HOPS subunit Vps41 in membrane tethering. J Cell Biol. 2010;191:845-59 pubmed publisher..This multifunctional tethering factor thus discriminates between trafficking routes by switching from a curvature-sensing to a coat recognition mode upon phosphorylation. ..
- John Peter A, Lachmann J, Rana M, Bunge M, Cabrera M, Ungermann C. The BLOC-1 complex promotes endosomal maturation by recruiting the Rab5 GTPase-activating protein Msb3. J Cell Biol. 2013;201:97-111 pubmed publisher..We thus conclude that BLOC-1 controls the lifetime of active Rab5/Vps21 and thus endosomal maturation along the endocytic pathway. ..
- Lachmann J, Barr F, Ungermann C. The Msb3/Gyp3 GAP controls the activity of the Rab GTPases Vps21 and Ypt7 at endosomes and vacuoles. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:2516-26 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that GAPs such as Msb3 can act on multiple substrates in vivo at both ends of a trafficking pathway. This ensures specificity of the subsequent GEF-mediated activation of the Rab that initiates the next transport event...
- Cabrera M, Arlt H, Epp N, Lachmann J, Griffith J, Perz A, et al. Functional separation of endosomal fusion factors and the class C core vacuole/endosome tethering (CORVET) complex in endosome biogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:5166-75 pubmed publisher..Overall, our study reveals a unique role of CORVET in the sorting of biosynthetic cargo to the vacuole/lysosome...
- Wilk S, Wittland J, Thywissen A, Schmitz H, Heinisch J. A block of endocytosis of the yeast cell wall integrity sensors Wsc1 and Wsc2 results in reduced fitness in vivo. Mol Genet Genomics. 2010;284:217-29 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that sensor distribution is not the major determinant for its specificity. ..
- Cabrera M, Ungermann C. Guanine nucleotide exchange factors (GEFs) have a critical but not exclusive role in organelle localization of Rab GTPases. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:28704-12 pubmed publisher..Our data agree with the emerging model that GEFs are critical for Rab localization but raise the possibility that additional factors can contribute to this process...
- Krämer L, Ungermann C. HOPS drives vacuole fusion by binding the vacuolar SNARE complex and the Vam7 PX domain via two distinct sites. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:2601-11 pubmed publisher..Our data thus support a model of HOPS-controlled membrane fusion by recognizing different elements of the SNARE complex. ..
- Meiringer C, Rethmeier R, Auffarth K, Wilson J, Perz A, Barlowe C, et al. The Dsl1 protein tethering complex is a resident endoplasmic reticulum complex, which interacts with five soluble NSF (N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor) attachment protein receptors (SNAREs): implications for fusion and fusion regulation. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:25039-46 pubmed publisher..Our data support a model, in which a tethering complex is stabilized at the organelle membrane by binding to SNAREs, recognizes the incoming vesicle via its coat and then promotes its SNARE-mediated fusion. ..
- Ostrowicz C, Bröcker C, Ahnert F, Nordmann M, Lachmann J, Peplowska K, et al. Defined subunit arrangement and rab interactions are required for functionality of the HOPS tethering complex. Traffic. 2010;11:1334-46 pubmed publisher..As HOPS Vps39 is also found at endosomes, our data thus suggest that these tethering complexes follow defined but distinct assembly pathways, and may undergo transition by simple subunit interchange. ..
- Erdmann F, Jung M, Maurer P, Harsman A, Zimmermann R, Wagner R. The mammalian and yeast translocon complexes comprise a characteristic Sec61 channel. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;396:714-20 pubmed publisher..We therefore propose that considerable differences between the respective eukaryote and prokaryote protein-conducting channel units and their regulation exist. ..
- Takeda K, Cabrera M, Rohde J, Bausch D, Jensen O, Ungermann C. The vacuolar V1/V0-ATPase is involved in the release of the HOPS subunit Vps41 from vacuoles, vacuole fragmentation and fusion. FEBS Lett. 2008;582:1558-63 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest a connection between vacuole biogenesis and membrane fusion. ..