Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on saccharomyces cerevisiae in Osnabrück, Lower Saxony, Germany
Locale: Osnabrück, Lower Saxony, Germany
Topic: saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Jendretzki A, Ciklic I, Rodicio R, Schmitz H, Heinisch J. Cyk3 acts in actomyosin ring independent cytokinesis by recruiting Inn1 to the yeast bud neck. Mol Genet Genomics. 2009;282:437-51 pubmed publisher..We propose that Cyk3 is part of an actomyosin ring independent cytokinesis pathway, which acts as a rescue mechanism to recruit Inn1 to the bud neck. ..
- Takeda K, Cabrera M, Rohde J, Bausch D, Jensen O, Ungermann C. The vacuolar V1/V0-ATPase is involved in the release of the HOPS subunit Vps41 from vacuoles, vacuole fragmentation and fusion. FEBS Lett. 2008;582:1558-63 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest a connection between vacuole biogenesis and membrane fusion. ..
- Cabrera M, Ostrowicz C, Mari M, LaGrassa T, Reggiori F, Ungermann C. Vps41 phosphorylation and the Rab Ypt7 control the targeting of the HOPS complex to endosome-vacuole fusion sites. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:1937-48 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that Vps41 phosphorylation fine-tunes the organization of vacuole fusion sites and provide evidence for a fusion "hot spot" on the vacuole limiting membrane. ..
- Erdmann F, Jung M, Maurer P, Harsman A, Zimmermann R, Wagner R. The mammalian and yeast translocon complexes comprise a characteristic Sec61 channel. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;396:714-20 pubmed publisher..We therefore propose that considerable differences between the respective eukaryote and prokaryote protein-conducting channel units and their regulation exist. ..
- Balderhaar H, Arlt H, Ostrowicz C, Br cker C, S ndermann F, Brandt R, et al. The Rab GTPase Ypt7 is linked to retromer-mediated receptor recycling and fusion at the yeast late endosome. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:4085-94 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that Ypt7 functions at the late endosome to coordinate retromer-mediated recycling with the fusion of late endosomes with vacuoles...
- Cabrera M, Langemeyer L, Mari M, Rethmeier R, Orban I, Perz A, et al. Phosphorylation of a membrane curvature-sensing motif switches function of the HOPS subunit Vps41 in membrane tethering. J Cell Biol. 2010;191:845-59 pubmed publisher..This multifunctional tethering factor thus discriminates between trafficking routes by switching from a curvature-sensing to a coat recognition mode upon phosphorylation. ..
- Meiringer C, Rethmeier R, Auffarth K, Wilson J, Perz A, Barlowe C, et al. The Dsl1 protein tethering complex is a resident endoplasmic reticulum complex, which interacts with five soluble NSF (N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor) attachment protein receptors (SNAREs): implications for fusion and fusion regulation. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:25039-46 pubmed publisher..Our data support a model, in which a tethering complex is stabilized at the organelle membrane by binding to SNAREs, recognizes the incoming vesicle via its coat and then promotes its SNARE-mediated fusion. ..
- Ostrowicz C, Bröcker C, Ahnert F, Nordmann M, Lachmann J, Peplowska K, et al. Defined subunit arrangement and rab interactions are required for functionality of the HOPS tethering complex. Traffic. 2010;11:1334-46 pubmed publisher..As HOPS Vps39 is also found at endosomes, our data thus suggest that these tethering complexes follow defined but distinct assembly pathways, and may undergo transition by simple subunit interchange. ..
- Arlt H, Perz A, Ungermann C. An overexpression screen in Saccharomyces cerevisiae identifies novel genes that affect endocytic protein trafficking. Traffic. 2011;12:1592-603 pubmed publisher..We present evidence on the possible role of these novel proteins in trafficking to the vacuole. Our data provide novel insights into the regulation of protein trafficking. ..
- Hou H, John Peter A, Meiringer C, Subramanian K, Ungermann C. Analysis of DHHC acyltransferases implies overlapping substrate specificity and a two-step reaction mechanism. Traffic. 2009;10:1061-73 pubmed publisher..Thus, the intracellular distribution of DHHC proteins provides an acyltransferase network, which may promote dynamic membrane association of substrate proteins. ..
- Osteresch C, Bender T, Grond S, von Zezschwitz P, Kunze B, Jansen R, et al. The binding site of the V-ATPase inhibitor apicularen is in the vicinity of those for bafilomycin and archazolid. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:31866-76 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the binding site of benzolactone enamides cannot be formed exclusively by subunit c. Apparently, subunit a substantially contributes to the binding of the benzolactone enamides. ..
- Heinisch J, Dupres V, Wilk S, Jendretzki A, Dufrêne Y. Single-molecule atomic force microscopy reveals clustering of the yeast plasma-membrane sensor Wsc1. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11104 pubmed publisher..cerevisiae. Our findings indicate that in yeast, like in higher eukaryotes, signalling is coupled to the localized enrichment of sensors and receptors within membrane patches. ..
- Heinisch J, Dupres V, Alsteens D, Dufrêne Y. Measurement of the mechanical behavior of yeast membrane sensors using single-molecule atomic force microscopy. Nat Protoc. 2010;5:670-7 pubmed publisher..For experienced researchers in biological AFM, the entire protocol can be completed in approximately 3 weeks. ..
- Markgraf D, Ahnert F, Arlt H, Mari M, Peplowska K, Epp N, et al. The CORVET subunit Vps8 cooperates with the Rab5 homolog Vps21 to induce clustering of late endosomal compartments. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:5276-89 pubmed publisher..These data thus suggest that the CORVET complex is built of subunits with distinct activities and potentially, their sequential assembly could regulate tethering and successive fusion at the late endosomes. ..
- Peplowska K, Markgraf D, Ostrowicz C, Bange G, Ungermann C. The CORVET tethering complex interacts with the yeast Rab5 homolog Vps21 and is involved in endo-lysosomal biogenesis. Dev Cell. 2007;12:739-50 pubmed..Our data suggest that modular assembled tethering complexes define organelle biogenesis in the endocytic pathway. ..
- Bakota L, Brandt R, Heinisch J. Triple mammalian/yeast/bacterial shuttle vectors for single and combined Lentivirus- and Sindbis virus-mediated infections of neurons. Mol Genet Genomics. 2012;287:313-24 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate the expression of genes encoding fluorescent proteins (EGFP and mCherry) both separately and in combination, using two different viral systems in mammalian cell lines, primary neurons and organotypic slices...
- Meiringer C, Auffarth K, Hou H, Ungermann C. Depalmitoylation of Ykt6 prevents its entry into the multivesicular body pathway. Traffic. 2008;9:1510-21 pubmed publisher..Thus, depalmitoylation and release of Ykt6 are needed for its recycling and to circumvent its entry into the endosomal multivesicular body pathway. ..
- John Peter A, Lachmann J, Rana M, Bunge M, Cabrera M, Ungermann C. The BLOC-1 complex promotes endosomal maturation by recruiting the Rab5 GTPase-activating protein Msb3. J Cell Biol. 2013;201:97-111 pubmed publisher..We thus conclude that BLOC-1 controls the lifetime of active Rab5/Vps21 and thus endosomal maturation along the endocytic pathway. ..