Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Göttingen, Lower Saxony, Germany
Locale: Göttingen, Lower Saxony, Germany
Publications353 found, 100 shown here
- Liebetanz D, Merkler D. Effects of commissural de- and remyelination on motor skill behaviour in the cuprizone mouse model of multiple sclerosis. Exp Neurol. 2006;202:217-24 pubmed..This motor test thus expands the usability of the cuprizone model to a functional level and might also be applicable to other animal models of human CNS diseases associated with subtle motor deficits of central origin. ..
- Weber J, Reim K, Sørensen J. Opposing functions of two sub-domains of the SNARE-complex in neurotransmission. EMBO J. 2010;29:2477-90 pubmed publisher..In addition, the N-terminal deletion delays vesicle priming after a high-frequency train. We propose that the stability of N-terminal two-thirds of the SNARE-bundle has a function for vesicle priming and limiting spontaneous release. ..
- Mello de Queiroz F, Sánchez A, Agarwal J, Stuhmer W, Pardo L. Nucleofection induces non-specific changes in the metabolic activity of transfected cells. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:2187-94 pubmed publisher..These undesired effects are independent of the transfected nucleic acid, but depend on the particular cell line used. Therefore, the interpretation of functional data using this technology requires further controls and caution. ..
- Schneider D, Tarantola M, Janshoff A. Dynamics of TGF-? induced epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition monitored by electric cell-substrate impedance sensing. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1813:2099-107 pubmed publisher..Finally, the transformation into the mesenchymal-like phenotype occurs 24-30 h after exposure to TGF-?1. ..
- Takács A, Swierzy I, Lüder C. Interferon-? restricts Toxoplasma gondii development in murine skeletal muscle cells via nitric oxide production and immunity-related GTPases. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45440 pubmed..Together, murine SkMCs exert potent toxoplasmacidal activity after stimulation with IFN-? and have to be considered active participants in the local immune response against Toxoplasma in skeletal muscle. ..
- Kerimoglu C, Agis Balboa R, Kranz A, Stilling R, Bahari Javan S, Benito Garagorri E, et al. Histone-methyltransferase MLL2 (KMT2B) is required for memory formation in mice. J Neurosci. 2013;33:3452-64 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrates that KMT2B mediates hippocampal histone 3 lysine 4 di- and trimethylation and is a critical player for memory formation. ..
- Yamada G, Mansouri A, Torres M, Stuart E, Blum M, Schultz M, et al. Targeted mutation of the murine goosecoid gene results in craniofacial defects and neonatal death. Development. 1995;121:2917-22 pubmed..Although the observed phenotype is in accordance with the late expression domains of goosecoid in wild-type embryos, we suggest that the lack of an earlier phenotype is the result of functional compensation by other genes. ..
- Cecconi F, Proetzel G, Alvarez Bolado G, Jay D, Gruss P. Expression of Meis2, a Knotted-related murine homeobox gene, indicates a role in the differentiation of the forebrain and the somitic mesoderm. Dev Dyn. 1997;210:184-90 pubmed..This temporal and spatial expression pattern suggests that Meis2 may play an important role in the cascade of induction leading to somitic differentiation as well as in brain regionalization and histogenesis. ..
- Dutschmann M, Bischoff A, Büsselberg D, Richter D. Histaminergic modulation of the intact respiratory network of adult mice. Pflugers Arch. 2003;445:570-6 pubmed..The data indicate that histaminergic neuromodulation acts predominantly via H-1 receptors. ..
- Michailov G, Sereda M, Brinkmann B, Fischer T, Haug B, Birchmeier C, et al. Axonal neuregulin-1 regulates myelin sheath thickness. Science. 2004;304:700-3 pubmed..We suggest a model by which myelin-forming Schwann cells integrate axonal Nrg1 signals as a biochemical measure of axon size. ..
- Putnik J, Zhang C, Archangelo L, Tizazu B, Bartels S, Kickstein M, et al. The interaction of ETV6 (TEL) and TIP60 requires a functional histone acetyltransferase domain in TIP60. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1772:1211-24 pubmed..These observations suggest that MYST domain HATs regulate ETV6 transcriptional activity and may therefore play critical roles in leukemogenesis and possibly in normal hematopoietic development. ..
- Korotkov V, Ludwig A, Larionov O, Lygin A, Groll M, de Meijere A. Synthesis and biological activity of optimized belactosin C congeners. Org Biomol Chem. 2011;9:7791-8 pubmed publisher..One of them (compound 6) turned out to be a more potent inhibitor against HeLa cells than the known proteasome inhibitor MG132. ..
- Erselius J, Goulding M, Gruss P. Structure and expression pattern of the murine Hox-3.2 gene. Development. 1990;110:629-42 pubmed..Unlike Hox-1.4 and Hox-1.3 and their paralogs, Hox-3.2, -2.5 and -4.4 (5.2) show strikingly different anterior boundaries of expression in the CNS and prevertebrae. ..
- Kohlhase J, Heinrich M, Liebers M, Fröhlich Archangelo L, Reardon W, Kispert A. Cloning and expression analysis of SALL4, the murine homologue of the gene mutated in Okihiro syndrome. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2002;98:274-7 pubmed..Prominent expression in the developing midbrain, branchial arches and the limbs suggests an important function of SALL4 during development of these structures as expected from the observation in Okihiro syndrome patients. ..
- Spieler D, Baumer N, Stebler J, Köprunner M, Reichman Fried M, Teichmann U, et al. Involvement of Pax6 and Otx2 in the forebrain-specific regulation of the vertebrate homeobox gene ANF/Hesx1. Dev Biol. 2004;269:567-79 pubmed..However, a mutation of the Pax6 site did not abolish reporter activity from an electroporated vector. We conclude that Otx2 and Pax6 are key molecules involved in conserved mechanisms of ANF gene regulation. ..
- Meuer K, Pitzer C, Teismann P, Krüger C, Göricke B, Laage R, et al. Granulocyte-colony stimulating factor is neuroprotective in a model of Parkinson's disease. J Neurochem. 2006;97:675-86 pubmed..Thus our data suggest that G-CSF is a novel therapeutic opportunity for the treatment of Parkinson's disease, because it is well-tolerated and already approved for the treatment of neutropenic conditions in humans. ..
- Monecke T, Guttler T, Neumann P, Dickmanns A, Gorlich D, Ficner R. Crystal structure of the nuclear export receptor CRM1 in complex with Snurportin1 and RanGTP. Science. 2009;324:1087-91 pubmed publisher..The structure suggests that RanGTP promotes cargo-binding to CRM1 solely through long-range conformational changes in the exportin. ..
- Moriconi F, Ahmad G, Ramadori P, Malik I, Sheikh N, Merli M, et al. Phagocytosis of gadolinium chloride or zymosan induces simultaneous upregulation of hepcidin- and downregulation of hemojuvelin- and Fpn-1-gene expression in murine liver. Lab Invest. 2009;89:1252-60 pubmed publisher..These changes in iron-regulating-gene expression may be mediated by the locally produced acute-phase-cytokines. ..
- Kawabe H, Mitkovski M, Kaeser P, Hirrlinger J, Opazo F, Nestvogel D, et al. ELKS1 localizes the synaptic vesicle priming protein bMunc13-2 to a specific subset of active zones. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:1143-1161 pubmed publisher..Thus, synapse-specific interactions of different Munc13 isoforms with ELKS1 or RIMs are key determinants of the molecular and functional heterogeneity of presynaptic AZs. ..
- Bastian H, Gruss P, Duboule D, Izpisua Belmonte J. The murine even-skipped-like gene Evx-2 is closely linked to the Hox-4 complex, but is transcribed in the opposite direction. Mamm Genome. 1992;3:241-3 pubmed
- Rothermel E, Heine L, Wurst W, Gunther E. Characterization of a class Ib gene of the rat major histocompatibility complex. Immunogenetics. 1993;38:82-91 pubmed..C region genes. Several members of this subfamily are deleted in the lm1 RT1 mutant. The 11/3R gene presents typical features of a class Ib gene. Aspects of evolution and the potential function of the gene are discussed. ..
- Krasemann S, Groschup M, Hunsmann G, Bodemer W. Induction of antibodies against human prion proteins (PrP) by DNA-mediated immunization of PrP0/0 mice. J Immunol Methods. 1996;199:109-18 pubmed..This is the first report clearly showing that immune competent prion protein-deficient mice react with a vigorous polyclonal immune response after DNA-mediated immunization with human prion gene sequences. ..
- Buck A, Archangelo L, Dixkens C, Kohlhase J. Molecular cloning, chromosomal localization, and expression of the murine SALL1 ortholog Sall1. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 2000;89:150-3 pubmed..Sequence comparison, Northern blot hybridization as well as the conserved chromosome location on the homologous mouse chromosome indicate that we have indeed isolated the murine homolog of SALL1. ..
- Bernier G, Vukovich W, Neidhardt L, Herrmann B, Gruss P. Isolation and characterization of a downstream target of Pax6 in the mammalian retinal primordium. Development. 2001;128:3987-94 pubmed..Taken together, our results provide evidence that Necab is genetically downstream of Pax6 and that it is a part of a signal transduction pathway in retina development. ..
- Weidt A, Hagenah N, Randrianambinina B, Radespiel U, Zimmermann E. Social organization of the golden brown mouse lemur (Microcebus ravelobensis). Am J Phys Anthropol. 2004;123:40-51 pubmed..Mixed-sex sleeping groups can be described as the basic social unit within this dispersed multimale/multifemale society...
- Luo L, Yang X, Takihara Y, Knoetgen H, Kessel M. The cell-cycle regulator geminin inhibits Hox function through direct and polycomb-mediated interactions. Nature. 2004;427:749-53 pubmed..By establishing competitive regulation, geminin functions as a coordinator of developmental and proliferative control. ..
- Dressel R, Raja S, Honing S, Seidler T, Froelich C, von Figura K, et al. Granzyme-mediated cytotoxicity does not involve the mannose 6-phosphate receptors on target cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:20200-10 pubmed..In conclusion, these results strongly argue against an Mpr300- or Mpr46-dependent pathway of granzyme-mediated killing and provide new insight in the internalization of monomeric and complexed granzyme B. ..
- Gomez Varela D, Zwick Wallasch E, Knötgen H, Sánchez A, Hettmann T, Ossipov D, et al. Monoclonal antibody blockade of the human Eag1 potassium channel function exerts antitumor activity. Cancer Res. 2007;67:7343-9 pubmed..The particular antibody described here, as well as the technique developed to make additional functional antibodies to Eag1, makes it possible to evaluate the potential of the channel as a target for cancer therapy. ..
- Downie B, Sánchez A, Knötgen H, Contreras Jurado C, Gymnopoulos M, Weber C, et al. Eag1 expression interferes with hypoxia homeostasis and induces angiogenesis in tumors. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:36234-40 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that Eag1 interferes with the cellular mechanism for maintaining oxygen homeostasis, increasing HIF-1 activity, and thereby VEGF secretion and tumor vascularization. ..
- Engels N, König L, Heemann C, Lutz J, Tsubata T, Griep S, et al. Recruitment of the cytoplasmic adaptor Grb2 to surface IgG and IgE provides antigen receptor-intrinsic costimulation to class-switched B cells. Nat Immunol. 2009;10:1018-25 pubmed publisher..Hence, membrane-bound IgG and IgE exert antigen recognition as well as costimulatory functions, thereby rendering memory B cells less dependent on T cell help. ..
- Brökers N, Le Huu S, Vogel S, Hagos Y, Katschinski D, Kleinschmidt M. Increased chemoresistance induced by inhibition of HIF-prolyl-hydroxylase domain enzymes. Cancer Sci. 2010;101:129-36 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate that PHD inhibitors might increase chemoresistance of tumor cells in a HIF-1-dependent manner. ..
- Elsner L, Flügge P, Lozano J, Muppala V, Eiz Vesper B, Demiroglu S, et al. The endogenous danger signals HSP70 and MICA cooperate in the activation of cytotoxic effector functions of NK cells. J Cell Mol Med. 2010;14:992-1002 pubmed publisher..Thus, the synergistic activity of two stress-inducible immunological danger signals, HSP70 and MICA/B, leads to activation and enhanced cytotoxicity of human NK cells against tumour cells. ..
- Dybkova N, Sedej S, Napolitano C, Neef S, Rokita A, Hünlich M, et al. Overexpression of CaMKII?c in RyR2R4496C+/- knock-in mice leads to altered intracellular Ca2+ handling and increased mortality. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011;57:469-79 pubmed publisher..05) after 14 weeks. CaMKII?c overexpression in RyR2(R4496C+/-) knock-in mice increases the propensity toward triggered arrhythmias, which may impair survival. CaMKII contributes to further destabilization of a mutated RyR2 receptor. ..
- Hölscher M, Silter M, Krull S, von Ahlen M, Hesse A, Schwartz P, et al. Cardiomyocyte-specific prolyl-4-hydroxylase domain 2 knock out protects from acute myocardial ischemic injury. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:11185-94 pubmed publisher..This correlated with a decreased number of apoptotic cells in the infarcted myocardium in the cPhd2(-/-) mice and significantly improved cardiac function 3 weeks after myocardial infarction. ..
- Aggarwal S, Yurlova L, Simons M. Central nervous system myelin: structure, synthesis and assembly. Trends Cell Biol. 2011;21:585-93 pubmed publisher..Such insight will be essential in designing new therapeutic strategies to promote remyelination in demyelinating disorders such as multiple sclerosis. ..
- Wang L, Klein R, Zheng B, Marquardt T. Anatomical coupling of sensory and motor nerve trajectory via axon tracking. Neuron. 2011;71:263-77 pubmed publisher..Assembly of peripheral nerve pathways thus involves motor axon subtype-specific signals that couple sensory projections to discrete motor pathways. ..
- Sinha R, Ahmed S, Jahn R, Klingauf J. Two synaptobrevin molecules are sufficient for vesicle fusion in central nervous system synapses. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:14318-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, two syb2 molecules and likely two SNARE complexes are necessary and sufficient for SV fusion during fast synaptic transmission. ..
- Pelczar P, Zibat A, van Dop W, Heijmans J, Bleckmann A, Gruber W, et al. Inactivation of Patched1 in mice leads to development of gastrointestinal stromal-like tumors that express Pdgfr? but not kit. Gastroenterology. 2013;144:134-144.e6 pubmed publisher..Inactivation of Ptch in mice leads to formation of GIST-like tumors that express Pdgfr?, but not Kit. Activation of Pdgfr? signaling appears to facilitate tumorigenesis. ..
- Nair R, Lauks J, Jung S, Cooke N, de Wit H, Brose N, et al. Neurobeachin regulates neurotransmitter receptor trafficking to synapses. J Cell Biol. 2013;200:61-80 pubmed publisher..These data show that Nbea regulates synaptic transmission under basal conditions by targeting neurotransmitter receptors to synapses. ..
- Geppert M, Khvotchev M, Krasnoperov V, Goda Y, Missler M, Hammer R, et al. Neurexin I alpha is a major alpha-latrotoxin receptor that cooperates in alpha-latrotoxin action. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:1705-10 pubmed
- Tarabykin V, Stoykova A, Usman N, Gruss P. Cortical upper layer neurons derive from the subventricular zone as indicated by Svet1 gene expression. Development. 2001;128:1983-93 pubmed..Taken together our data suggest that while the specification of deep cortical layers occurs in the ventricular zone, the SVZ is important for the proper specification of upper layers. ..
- Nitsch A, Patyk A, Schwartz P, Merten H. [Influence of different mixing fluids on mechanical and micromorphological in vitro qualities of hydroxyapatite cement]. Mund Kiefer Gesichtschir. 2005;9:89-94 pubmed..In cell culture the porous structure showed disintegration in cell culture medium. To what extent the two mixing liquids of hydroxyapatite cement influence the resorption and bony substitution has to be shown in further studies. ..
- Mironov S. Metabotropic glutamate receptors activate dendritic calcium waves and TRPM channels which drive rhythmic respiratory patterns in mice. J Physiol. 2008;586:2277-91 pubmed publisher..The experimental and theoretical data provide a subcellular basis for a recently proposed group-pacemaker hypothesis and describe a novel mechanism of rhythm generation in neuronal networks. ..
- Stettner G, Viscomi C, Zeviani M, Wilichowski E, Dutschmann M. Hypoxic and hypercapnic challenges unveil respiratory vulnerability of Surf1 knockout mice, an animal model of Leigh syndrome. Mitochondrion. 2011;11:413-20 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that COX deficiency impairs peripheral and/or central chemoreceptor function. ..
- Asano M, Gruss P. Pax-5 is expressed at the midbrain-hindbrain boundary during mouse development. Mech Dev. 1992;39:29-39 pubmed..Unlike Pax-2 and Pax-8, Pax-5 was not expressed in the developing excretory system, thyroid, eye or ear. Our data suggest that Pax-5 has a role in the development of the central nervous system. ..
- Kessel M, Gruss P. Homeotic transformations of murine vertebrae and concomitant alteration of Hox codes induced by retinoic acid. Cell. 1991;67:89-104 pubmed..Exogenous RA interferes with the normal establishment of Hox codes and thus with axial specification. ..
- Zwirner J, Werfel T, Wilken H, Theile E, Gotze O. Anaphylatoxin C3a but not C3a(desArg) is a chemotaxin for the mouse macrophage cell line J774. Eur J Immunol. 1998;28:1570-7 pubmed..In summary, our findings demonstrate for the first time a specific, receptor-mediated chemoattraction of cells of the monocytic lineage to the anaphylatoxin C3a which may contribute to the accumulation of Mø at sites of inflammation. ..
- Stoykova A, Treichel D, Hallonet M, Gruss P. Pax6 modulates the dorsoventral patterning of the mammalian telencephalon. J Neurosci. 2000;20:8042-50 pubmed..Together the results demonstrate that Pax6 has an essential role for the modulation of the dorsoventral patterning of the embryonic telencephalon, influencing thereby the forebrain morphogenesis. ..
- Heintzmann R, Sarafis V, Munroe P, Nailon J, Hanley Q, Jovin T. Resolution enhancement by subtraction of confocal signals taken at different pinhole sizes. Micron. 2003;34:293-300 pubmed..A comparison of 2D and 3D experimental data analysed with subtractive imaging, the equivalent Fourier-space processing of the confocal data only, and Fourier-space weighted averaging is presented. ..
- Neusch C, Papadopoulos N, Muller M, Maletzki I, Winter S, Hirrlinger J, et al. Lack of the Kir4.1 channel subunit abolishes K+ buffering properties of astrocytes in the ventral respiratory group: impact on extracellular K+ regulation. J Neurophysiol. 2006;95:1843-52 pubmed..1 channels 1) are expressed in perineuronal processes of astrocytes, 2) constitute the major part of the astrocytic Kir conductance, and 3) contribute to regulation of extracellular K+ in the respiratory network. ..
- Guan K, Nayernia K, Maier L, Wagner S, Dressel R, Lee J, et al. Pluripotency of spermatogonial stem cells from adult mouse testis. Nature. 2006;440:1199-203 pubmed..Furthermore, these cells may provide new opportunities to study genetic diseases in various cell lineages. ..
- Kaczmarek K, Niedzialkowska E, Studencka M, Schulz Y, Grzmil P. Ccdc33, a predominantly testis-expressed gene, encodes a putative peroxisomal protein. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2009;126:243-52 pubmed publisher..The expression starts at the primary spermatocyte stage, suggesting an important role of this protein during spermatogenesis...
- Böer U, Noll C, Cierny I, Krause D, Hiemke C, Knepel W. A common mechanism of action of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors citalopram and fluoxetine: reversal of chronic psychosocial stress-induced increase in CRE/CREB-directed gene transcription in transgenic reporter gene mice. Eur J Pharmacol. 2010;633:33-8 pubmed publisher
- Agis Balboa R, Arcos Diaz D, Wittnam J, Govindarajan N, Blom K, Burkhardt S, et al. A hippocampal insulin-growth factor 2 pathway regulates the extinction of fear memories. EMBO J. 2011;30:4071-83 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data suggest that therapeutic strategies that enhance IGF2 signalling and adult neurogenesis might be suitable to treat disease linked to excessive fear memory. ..
- Pangrsic T, Reisinger E, Moser T. Otoferlin: a multi-C2 domain protein essential for hearing. Trends Neurosci. 2012;35:671-80 pubmed publisher..Understanding the molecular mechanisms through which otoferlin functions also has important implications for understanding the disease mechanisms that lead to deafness. ..
- El Kordi A, Kastner A, Grube S, Klugmann M, Begemann M, Sperling S, et al. A single gene defect causing claustrophobia. Transl Psychiatry. 2013;3:e254 pubmed publisher..This mutant mRNA is functional but cannot be silenced by neuronal miR124 derived itself from a stress-regulated transcript. We suggest that loosing dynamic regulation of neuronal GPM6A expression poses a genetic risk for claustrophobia. ..
- Man K, Imig C, Walter A, Pinheiro P, Stevens D, Rettig J, et al. Identification of a Munc13-sensitive step in chromaffin cell large dense-core vesicle exocytosis. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that the molecular steps of SV and LDCV priming are very similar while SV and LDCV docking mechanisms are distinct. ..
- Jakhanwal S, Lee C, Urlaub H, Jahn R. An activated Q-SNARE/SM protein complex as a possible intermediate in SNARE assembly. EMBO J. 2017;36:1788-1802 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the complex is resistant to disassembly by NSF Based on these findings, we consider the ternary complex as a strong candidate for a physiological intermediate in SNARE assembly. ..
- Haack H, Gruss P. The establishment of murine Hox-1 expression domains during patterning of the limb. Dev Biol. 1993;157:410-22 pubmed..8 and Hox-1.9 were expressed in muscle precursor cells which migrate into the limb. The importance of these findings for the proposed models of limb pattern formation is discussed. ..
- Mansouri A, Goudreau G, Gruss P. Pax genes and their role in organogenesis. Cancer Res. 1999;59:1707s-1709s; discussion 1709s-1710s pubmed..In particular, they are involved in the regulation of early steps in organ development. They act to define the regional specification of distinct germ layers. ..
- Hülsmann S, Oku Y, Zhang W, Richter D. Metabolic coupling between glia and neurons is necessary for maintaining respiratory activity in transverse medullary slices of neonatal mouse. Eur J Neurosci. 2000;12:856-62 pubmed..This data demonstrates that the glutamate-glutamine cycle in astrocytes and their supply of glutamine to neuronal glutamatergic terminals is essential for the rhythm generation in the respiratory centre...
- Alves F, Borchers U, Padge B, Augustin H, Nebendahl K, Kloppel G, et al. Inhibitory effect of a matrix metalloproteinase inhibitor on growth and spread of human pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma evaluated in an orthotopic severe combined immunodeficient (SCID) mouse model. Cancer Lett. 2001;165:161-70 pubmed..This model appears to be a valuable tool to investigate the potency of novel antimetastatic strategies in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma by specifically targeting certain MMPs. ..
- Adham I, Gille M, Gamel A, Reis A, Dressel R, Steding G, et al. The scoliosis (sco) mouse: a new allele of Pax1. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2005;111:16-26 pubmed..The percentage of CD90+ cells is also reduced but in contrast to other Pax1 mutants no alteration of the expression level of the CD90 (Thy-1) could be found. ..
- Herrero Herranz E, Pardo L, Bunt G, Gold R, Stuhmer W, Linker R. Re-expression of a developmentally restricted potassium channel in autoimmune demyelination: Kv1.4 is implicated in oligodendroglial proliferation. Am J Pathol. 2007;171:589-98 pubmed
- Sag C, Dybkova N, Neef S, Maier L. Effects on recovery during acidosis in cardiac myocytes overexpressing CaMKII. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2007;43:696-709 pubmed..In conclusion, possible beneficial effects by therapeutical CaMKIIdelta(C) stimulation on the ability to recover from acidosis may be challenged by altered expression levels of its target proteins and should be carefully considered. ..
- Ponimaskin E, Dityateva G, Ruonala M, Fukata M, Fukata Y, Kobe F, et al. Fibroblast growth factor-regulated palmitoylation of the neural cell adhesion molecule determines neuronal morphogenesis. J Neurosci. 2008;28:8897-907 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study uncovers a molecular mechanism by which a growth factor regulates neuronal morphogenesis via activation of palmitoylation, which in turn modifies subcellular location and thus signaling via an adhesion molecule. ..
- Schardt A, Brinkmann B, Mitkovski M, Sereda M, Werner H, Nave K. The SNARE protein SNAP-29 interacts with the GTPase Rab3A: Implications for membrane trafficking in myelinating glia. J Neurosci Res. 2009;87:3465-79 pubmed publisher..We suggest that Rab3A may regulate SNAP-29-mediated membrane fusion during myelination. ..
- Winter S, Fresemann J, Schnell C, Oku Y, Hirrlinger J, Hülsmann S. Glycinergic interneurons are functionally integrated into the inspiratory network of mouse medullary slices. Pflugers Arch. 2009;458:459-69 pubmed publisher..Our calcium imaging data show that glycinergic neurons comprise a large population of inspiratory neurons in the pre-Bötzinger complex-driven network of the rhythmic slice preparation. ..
- Radyushkin K, Hammerschmidt K, Boretius S, Varoqueaux F, El Kordi A, Ronnenberg A, et al. Neuroligin-3-deficient mice: model of a monogenic heritable form of autism with an olfactory deficit. Genes Brain Behav. 2009;8:416-25 pubmed publisher..Our findings show that the NL-3 knockout mouse represents a useful animal model for understanding pathophysiological events in monogenic heritable ASD and for developing novel treatment strategies in this devastating human disorder. ..
- Meyer A, Frank T, Khimich D, Hoch G, Riedel D, Chapochnikov N, et al. Tuning of synapse number, structure and function in the cochlea. Nat Neurosci. 2009;12:444-53 pubmed publisher..However, we observed substantial variability for presynaptic Ca(2+) signals, even within individual IHCs, providing a candidate presynaptic mechanism for the divergent dynamics of spiral ganglion neuron spiking. ..
- Stein A, Weber G, Wahl M, Jahn R. Helical extension of the neuronal SNARE complex into the membrane. Nature. 2009;460:525-8 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the final phase of SNARE assembly is directly coupled to membrane merger. ..
- Schweizer S, Hoyer Fender S. Mouse Odf2 localizes to centrosomes and basal bodies in adult tissues and to the photoreceptor primary cilium. Cell Tissue Res. 2009;338:295-301 pubmed publisher..Our results thus suggest that Odf2 contributes to assorted ciliopathies. ..
- Krumova P, Meulmeester E, Garrido M, Tirard M, Hsiao H, Bossis G, et al. Sumoylation inhibits alpha-synuclein aggregation and toxicity. J Cell Biol. 2011;194:49-60 pubmed publisher..These findings strongly support the model that sumoylation promotes protein solubility and suggest that defects in sumoylation may contribute to aggregation-induced diseases. ..
- Bayer T, Wirths O. Intraneuronal A? as a trigger for neuron loss: can this be translated into human pathology?. Biochem Soc Trans. 2011;39:857-61 pubmed publisher..This feature of AD pathology was successful in identifying novel low-molecular-mass oligomeric A?-specific antibodies for diagnosis and therapy. ..
- Scheffel J, Regen T, van Rossum D, Seifert S, Ribes S, Nau R, et al. Toll-like receptor activation reveals developmental reorganization and unmasks responder subsets of microglia. Glia. 2012;60:1930-43 pubmed publisher..Finally, subsets rather than a uniform population of microglia may assemble the reactive phenotypes in responses during infection, injury, and rebuilding, warranting consideration in experimental manipulation and therapeutic strategies. ..
- Wieser G, Gerwig U, Adamcio B, Barrette B, Nave K, Ehrenreich H, et al. Neuroinflammation in white matter tracts of Cnp1 mutant mice amplified by a minor brain injury. Glia. 2013;61:869-80 pubmed publisher..This interaction of genetic and environmental factors may be relevant for neuropsychiatric diseases associated with secondary neuroinflammation. ..
- Patschan D, Schwarze K, Lange A, Meise N, Henze E, Becker J, et al. Bone morphogenetic protein-5 and early endothelial outgrowth cells (eEOCs) in acute ischemic kidney injury (AKI) and 5/6-chronic kidney disease. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2013;305:F314-22 pubmed publisher..Cell effects in 5/6-nephrectomy are heterogenous, but untreated cells act antifibrotically [corrected] without any impact on EnMT. ..
- Nawaz S, Schweitzer J, Jahn O, Werner H. Molecular evolution of myelin basic protein, an abundant structural myelin component. Glia. 2013;61:1364-77 pubmed..We propose that the PIP?-binding function of MBP is evolutionarily old and that its emergence in ancient gnathostomata provided glial cells with the competence to myelinate. ..
- Jiménez Garduño A, Mitkovski M, Alexopoulos I, Sánchez A, Stuhmer W, Pardo L, et al. KV10.1 K(+)-channel plasma membrane discrete domain partitioning and its functional correlation in neurons. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1838:921-31 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that recruitment of the KV10.1 channel to the DRM fractions involves its functional regulation. ..
- Urrego D, Movsisyan N, Ufartes R, Pardo L. Periodic expression of Kv10.1 driven by pRb/E2F1 contributes to G2/M progression of cancer and non-transformed cells. Cell Cycle. 2016;15:799-811 pubmed publisher..Our results strongly suggest that Kv10.1 expression is coupled to cell cycle progression and facilitates G2/M progression in both healthy and tumor cells. ..
- Puschel A, Balling R, Gruss P. Position-specific activity of the Hox1.1 promoter in transgenic mice. Development. 1990;108:435-42 pubmed..The anterior boundary of transgene expression is identical to that of Hox1.1. However, no posterior boundary of transgene expression is set, suggesting that a separate element absent from the transgene specifies this boundary. ..
- Wijnholds J, Chowdhury K, Wehr R, Gruss P. Segment-specific expression of the neuronatin gene during early hindbrain development. Dev Biol. 1995;171:73-84 pubmed..These results suggest that neuronatin participates in the maintenance of segment identity in the hindbrain and pituitary development and maturation or maintenance of the overall structure of the nervous system. ..
- Kasper D, Dittmer F, Von Figura K, Pohlmann R. Neither type of mannose 6-phosphate receptor is sufficient for targeting of lysosomal enzymes along intracellular routes. J Cell Biol. 1996;134:615-23 pubmed..These results imply that neither overexpression of MPR 46 nor MPR 300 is sufficient for targeting of lysosomal proteins along intracellular routes. ..
- Loosli F, Winkler S, Wittbrodt J. Six3 overexpression initiates the formation of ectopic retina. Genes Dev. 1999;13:649-54 pubmed..Initiation of ectopic retina formation reveals a pivotal role for Six3 in vertebrate retina development and hints at a conserved regulatory network underlying vertebrate and invertebrate eye development...
- Stahl B, Diehlmann A, Sudhof T. Direct interaction of Alzheimer's disease-related presenilin 1 with armadillo protein p0071. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:9141-8 pubmed..Since armadillo proteins, like beta-catenin and APC, are known to participate in cellular signaling, p0071 may function as a mediator of presenilin 1 in signaling events. ..