Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Hannover, Lower Saxony, Germany
Locale: Hannover, Lower Saxony, Germany
Publications720 found, 100 shown here
- Zeiser J, Klodmann J, Braun H, Gerhard R, Just I, Pich A. Effects of Clostridium difficile Toxin A on the proteome of colonocytes studied by differential 2D electrophoresis. J Proteomics. 2011;75:469-79 pubmed publisher..These findings correlate well to known effects of TcdA like the reorganization of the cytoskeleton and stress the importance of Rho protein glucosylation for the pathogenic effects of TcdA. ..
- Sarikouch S, Koerperich H, Dubowy K, Boethig D, Boettler P, Mir T, et al. Impact of gender and age on cardiovascular function late after repair of tetralogy of Fallot: percentiles based on cardiac magnetic resonance. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2011;4:703-11 pubmed publisher..Gender-specific percentiles may present a more relevant framework of reference for an individual patient at a given age and suggest a gradual decline of biventricular systolic function over time. ..
- Meyer Marcotty M, Sutmoeller K, Kopp J, Vogt P. Postoperative insole-paedobarographic gait analysis for patients with flap coverages of weight-bearing and non-weight-bearing areas of the foot. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2012;65:482-8 pubmed publisher..The resulting potential minimisation of the ulceration rate can lead to a further optimisation in the rate of completely rehabilitated patients and a reduction in the revision rate. ..
- Elsner M, Terbish T, Jörns A, Naujok O, Wedekind D, Hedrich H, et al. Reversal of diabetes through gene therapy of diabetic rats by hepatic insulin expression via lentiviral transduction. Mol Ther. 2012;20:918-26 pubmed publisher..This study shows that the diabetic state can be efficiently reversed by insulin release from non-endocrine cells through a somatic gene therapy approach. ..
- Schmidt J, Hafer C, Clajus C, Hadem J, Beutel G, Schmidt B, et al. New high-cutoff dialyzer allows improved middle molecule clearance without an increase in albumin loss: a clinical crossover comparison in extended dialysis. Blood Purif. 2012;34:246-52 pubmed publisher..The new EMiC2 dialyzer enhances removal of middle molecules without an increase in albumin loss. The clinical relevance of this finding needs to be determined. ..
- Qeska V, Baumgartner W, Beineke A. Species-specific properties and translational aspects of canine dendritic cells. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2013;151:181-92 pubmed publisher..Future research is needed to expand the existing knowledge about DC function in canine diseases as a prerequisite for the development of future therapies interfering with the immune response. ..
- Hardtke Wolenski M, Fischer K, Noyan F, Schlue J, Falk C, Stahlhut M, et al. Genetic predisposition and environmental danger signals initiate chronic autoimmune hepatitis driven by CD4+ T cells. Hepatology. 2013;58:718-28 pubmed publisher..In addition, emAIH provides options to test therapeutic alternatives for patients not achieving remission, with reduced side effects of chronic nonspecific immunosuppression. ..
- Miller S, Jungheim M, Kuhn D, Ptok M. [Endoscopic video imaging of configuration changes in the larynx and pharynx during selected swallowing techniques]. HNO. 2013;61:623-6 pubmed publisher..Videos demonstrating actual, laryngoscopically verified effects on the pharyngeal and laryngeal structures involved are rare in the current literature. This paper aims to assess various maneuvers used in TDT endoscopically...
- Luyten A, Sörgel P, Clad A, Gieseking F, Maass Poppenhusen K, Lelle R, et al. Treatment of extramammary Paget disease of the vulva with imiquimod: a retrospective, multicenter study by the German Colposcopy Network. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2014;70:644-650 pubmed publisher..When associated cancers and invasive growth are excluded, imiquimod appears to be a useful treatment option for recurrent EMPD and may avoid extensive mutilating surgical treatment. ..
- Giustarini D, Tsikas D, Colombo G, Milzani A, Dalle Donne I, Fanti P, et al. Pitfalls in the analysis of the physiological antioxidant glutathione (GSH) and its disulfide (GSSG) in biological samples: An elephant in the room. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2016;1019:21-8 pubmed publisher..We underline how this aspect has been neglected for long time after its first description more than fifty years ago. Finally, selected reliable procedures and methods to measure GSH and GSSG in biological samples are discussed. ..
- Weißmüller S, Kronhart S, Kreuz D, Schnierle B, Kalinke U, Kirberg J, et al. TGN1412 Induces Lymphopenia and Human Cytokine Release in a Humanized Mouse Model. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0149093 pubmed publisher..Hence, the humanized mouse model used here reproduces several effects and adverse events induced in humans upon application of the therapeutic mAbs OKT3 and TGN1412. ..
- Halama N, Zoernig I, Berthel A, Kahlert C, Klupp F, Suarez Carmona M, et al. Tumoral Immune Cell Exploitation in Colorectal Cancer Metastases Can Be Targeted Effectively by Anti-CCR5 Therapy in Cancer Patients. Cancer Cell. 2016;29:587-601 pubmed publisher..Mitigation of tumor-promoting inflammation within the tumor tissue and objective tumor responses in CRC were observed. ..
- Jakubiczka S, Werder E, Wieacker P. Point mutation in the steroid-binding domain of the androgen receptor gene in a family with complete androgen insensitivity syndrome (CAIS). Hum Genet. 1992;90:311-2 pubmed..Previous results of indirect gene diagnosis in this family could be confirmed by this method. ..
- Hill O, Kuhn M, Zucht H, Cetin Y, Kulaksiz H, Adermann K, et al. Analysis of the human guanylin gene and the processing and cellular localization of the peptide. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:2046-50 pubmed..Thus, guanylin is synthesized by gut enterochromaffin cells as a prohormone of 115 amino acids and is processed to the molecular form of 94 amino acids circulating in the blood. ..
- Weinhold B, Ruther U. Interleukin-6-dependent and -independent regulation of the human C-reactive protein gene. Biochem J. 1997;327 ( Pt 2):425-9 pubmed..These hCRP transgenic mice therefore represent a novel model system for defining the cytokine network involved in the regulation of acute-phase genes during the course of inflammation. ..
- Streetz K, Tacke F, Leifeld L, Wüstefeld T, Graw A, Klein C, et al. Interleukin 6/gp130-dependent pathways are protective during chronic liver diseases. Hepatology. 2003;38:218-29 pubmed..Hepatology 2003;38:218-229). ..
- Gutzmer R, Langer K, Mommert S, Wittmann M, Kapp A, Werfel T. Human dendritic cells express the IL-18R and are chemoattracted to IL-18. J Immunol. 2003;171:6363-71 pubmed..Therefore, IL-18 might represent a novel mechanism to recruit DC to areas of inflammation, in particular under Th1 cytokine conditions where IFN-gamma is increased such as psoriasis or inflammatory bowel diseases. ..
- Momot T, Koch S, Hunzelmann N, Krieg T, Ulbricht K, Schmidt R, et al. Association of killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptors with scleroderma. Arthritis Rheum. 2004;50:1561-5 pubmed..005). The genetic combination of KIR2DS2+ and KIR2DL2- is associated with scleroderma. ..
- Ritter D, Knebel J, Aufderheide M. Comparative assessment of toxicities of mainstream smoke from commercial cigarettes. Inhal Toxicol. 2004;16:691-700 pubmed..We conclude that the methods we employed provide sensitive and reproducible ways of detecting differences in the toxicological action of smoke from various types of cigarettes. ..
- Buesche G, Teoman H, Wilczak W, Ganser A, Hecker H, Wilkens L, et al. Marrow fibrosis predicts early fatal marrow failure in patients with myelodysplastic syndromes. Leukemia. 2008;22:313-22 pubmed..MF indicates an aggressive course with a significantly faster progression to fatal marrow failure and should therefore be considered in diagnosis, prognosis and treatment of disease. ..
- Bauss O, Freitag S, Röhling J, Rahman A. Influence of overjet and lip coverage on the prevalence and severity of incisor trauma. J Orofac Orthop. 2008;69:402-10 pubmed publisher..001) or Group 2 (p < 0.001). Increased overjet and inadequate lip coverage increase the risk and severity of incisor trauma. Early orthodontic treatment might prevent dental trauma in these patients. ..
- Schleh C, Erpenbeck V, Winkler C, Lauenstein H, Nassimi M, Braun A, et al. Allergen particle binding by human primary bronchial epithelial cells is modulated by surfactant protein D. Respir Res. 2010;11:83 pubmed publisher..In the present study, we investigated the uptake of SPP in human primary epithelial cells and the potential modulation by SP-D. The patho-physiological consequence was evaluated by measurement of pro-inflammatory mediators...
- Boztug K, Klein C. Genetic etiologies of severe congenital neutropenia. Curr Opin Pediatr. 2011;23:21-6 pubmed publisher..Ongoing research will uncover additional genetic defects in SCN patients. ..
- Bott O, Dresing K, Wagner M, Raab B, Teistler M. Informatics in radiology: use of a C-arm fluoroscopy simulator to support training in intraoperative radiography. Radiographics. 2011;31:E65-75 pubmed publisher..Supplemental material available at http://radiographics.rsna.org/lookup/suppl/doi:10.1148/rg.313105125/-/DC1. ..
- Heissler S, Manstein D. Functional characterization of the human myosin-7a motor domain. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2012;69:299-311 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that in a cellular environment, compartment-specific fluctuations in free Mg(2+) ions can mediate the conditional switching of myosin-7a between cargo moving and tension bearing modes. ..
- Danne T, Kordonouri O, Holder M, Haberland H, Golembowski S, Remus K, et al. Prevention of hypoglycemia by using low glucose suspend function in sensor-augmented pump therapy. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2011;13:1129-34 pubmed publisher..No episodes of severe hyperglycemia or diabetic ketoacidosis were observed following LGS activation. The present investigation provides evidence that SAP with LGS reduces the frequency of hypoglycemia without compromising safety. ..
- Bertram S, Glowacka I, M ller M, Lavender H, Gnirss K, Nehlmeier I, et al. Cleavage and activation of the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus spike protein by human airway trypsin-like protease. J Virol. 2011;85:13363-72 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results show that HAT cleaves and activates SARS-S and might support viral spread in patients...
- Buurman R, Gürlevik E, Schäffer V, Eilers M, Sandbothe M, Kreipe H, et al. Histone deacetylases activate hepatocyte growth factor signaling by repressing microRNA-449 in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Gastroenterology. 2012;143:811-820.e15 pubmed publisher..miR-449 binds c-MET mRNA to reduce its levels, promoting apoptosis and reducing proliferation of liver cells. Expression of miR-449 slows growth of HCC xenograft tumors in mice; this miR might function as a tumor suppressor. ..
- Hanke N, Staggs L, Schroder P, Litteral J, Fleig S, Kaufeld J, et al. "Zebrafishing" for novel genes relevant to the glomerular filtration barrier. Biomed Res Int. 2013;2013:658270 pubmed publisher..Our system produces consistent and reliable evidence for gene relevance in glomerular kidney disease; the results then provide merit for further analysis in mammalian models. ..
- Zischke J, Mamareli P, Pokoyski C, Gabaev I, Buyny S, Jacobs R, et al. The human cytomegalovirus glycoprotein pUL11 acts via CD45 to induce T cell IL-10 secretion. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006454 pubmed publisher..Understanding the mechanisms by which pUL11-induced changes in signal strength influence T cell development and function may provide the basis for the development of novel antiviral treatments and therapies against immune pathologies. ..
- Schmalbach B, Zenger M, Spina R, Steffens Guerra I, Kliem S, Michaelides M, et al. Gain +1 or Avoid -1: Validation of the German Regulatory Focus Questionnaire (RFQ). BMC Psychol. 2017;5:40 pubmed publisher..Differences in regulatory focus based on sociodemographic characteristics are reported and discussed. Overall, the RFQ can be recommended for application in fields dealing with motivation and goal attainment in a broad sense. ..
- Berke O. Choropleth mapping of regional count data of Echinococcus multilocularis among red foxes in Lower Saxony, Germany. Prev Vet Med. 2001;52:119-31 pubmed..There were significant additive linear and quadratic spatial-trend effects with elevated prevalences in the north and south and extreme values (prevalences>38%) for the south of Lower Saxony. ..
- Martins Wess F, Voss Nemitz R, Drogemuller C, Brenig B, Leeb T. Construction of a 1.2-Mb BAC/PAC contig of the porcine gene RYR1 region on SSC 6q1.2 and comparative analysis with HSA 19q13.13. Genomics. 2002;80:416-22 pubmed..13 map revealed a completely conserved gene order of this segment between pig and human. A detailed porcine-human-mouse comparative map of this region was constructed. ..
- Dreikhausen U, Gorf K, Resch K, Szamel M. Protein kinase Cbeta1, a major regulator of TCR-CD28-activated signal transduction leading to IL-2 gene transcription and secretion. Int Immunol. 2003;15:1089-98 pubmed..The data indicate a highly specific function of PKCbeta for regulation of TCR-CD28 induced-signaling, IL-2 gene expression and secretion in Jurkat T cells. ..
- Otto M, Hawlisch H, Monk P, Muller M, Klos A, Karp C, et al. C5a mutants are potent antagonists of the C5a receptor (CD88) and of C5L2: position 69 is the locus that determines agonism or antagonism. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:142-51 pubmed
- Probst Kepper M, Hecht H, Herrmann H, Janke V, Ocklenburg F, Klempnauer J, et al. Conformational restraints and flexibility of 14-meric peptides in complex with HLA-B*3501. J Immunol. 2004;173:5610-6 pubmed..Thus, the potential antigenic repertoire recognizable by CTLs is larger than currently thought. ..
- Gharabaghi A, Koerbel A, Samii A, Safavi Abbasi S, Tatagiba M, Samii M. Epidermoid cysts of the cavernous sinus. Surg Neurol. 2005;64:428-33; discussion 433 pubmed..Epidermoid cysts involving the cavernous sinus are rare lesions. They can be divided into 3 different categories: extracavernous, interdural, and true intracavernous...
- Torres Salazar D, Fahlke C. Intersubunit interactions in EAAT4 glutamate transporters. J Neurosci. 2006;26:7513-22 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that glutamate carriers cooperatively interact during anion channel activation. ..
- Dijkstra D, Leurs R, Chazot P, Shenton F, Stark H, Werfel T, et al. Histamine downregulates monocyte CCL2 production through the histamine H4 receptor. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2007;120:300-7 pubmed..The expression of the recently cloned histamine H(4) receptor (H(4)R) by leukocytes suggests a role in immunomodulation...
- Lührs A, Guhr S, Schilke R, Borchers L, Geurtsen W, Gunay H. Shear bond strength of self-etch adhesives to enamel with additional phosphoric acid etching. Oper Dent. 2008;33:155-62 pubmed publisher..An additional phosphoric acid etching of enamel should be considered when using self-etch adhesives. More clinical studies are needed to evaluate the long-term success of the examined adhesives. ..
- Moenkemeyer M, Schmidt R, Wedemeyer H, Tillmann H, Heiken H. GBV-C coinfection is negatively correlated to Fas expression and Fas-mediated apoptosis in HIV-1 infected patients. J Med Virol. 2008;80:1933-40 pubmed publisher..Untreated HIV-1 patients with GBV-C coinfection have reduced cell surface Fas expression. Lower FMA of T-cells might contribute to prolonged survival of GBV-C coinfected HIV-1 patients...
- Hoechst B, Voigtlaender T, Ormandy L, Gamrekelashvili J, Zhao F, Wedemeyer H, et al. Myeloid derived suppressor cells inhibit natural killer cells in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma via the NKp30 receptor. Hepatology. 2009;50:799-807 pubmed publisher..These findings have important implications when designing immunotherapy protocols. ..
- Müller Deile J, Worthmann K, Saleem M, Tossidou I, Haller H, Schiffer M. The balance of autocrine VEGF-A and VEGF-C determines podocyte survival. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2009;297:F1656-67 pubmed publisher..Our results underline the importance of autocrine VEGF for podocyte survival and indicate the delicate balance of VEGF-A and VEGF-C to influence progression of glomerular diseases. ..
- Pinto L, Depner M, Klopp N, Illig T, Vogelberg C, von Mutius E, et al. MMP-9 gene variants increase the risk for non-atopic asthma in children. Respir Res. 2010;11:23 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that different wheezing disorders in childhood are affected differently by genetic alterations. ..
- Frink M, Flohe S, van Griensven M, Mommsen P, Hildebrand F. Facts and fiction: the impact of hypothermia on molecular mechanisms following major challenge. Mediators Inflamm. 2012;2012:762840 pubmed publisher..However, more profound knowledge of mechanisms is necessary before randomized clinical trials in trauma patients can be initiated...
- Hammerschmidt A, Chatterji B, Zeiser J, Schröder A, Genieser H, Pich A, et al. Binding of regulatory subunits of cyclic AMP-dependent protein kinase to cyclic CMP agarose. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39848 pubmed publisher..In agreement with our functional data, RI? and RII? were identified as cCMP-binding proteins. These data corroborate the notion that cAMP-dependent protein kinase may serve as a cCMP target. ..
- Lorenzen J, Menne J, Schmidt B, Schmidt M, Martino F, Dietrich R, et al. Circulating microRNAs in patients with Shiga-Toxin-producing E. coli O104:H4 induced hemolytic uremic syndrome. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47215 pubmed publisher..Circulating microRNAs are strongly altered in this patient cohort and associated with neurological symptoms as well as platelet count. ..
- Nugraha B, Korallus C, Gutenbrunner C. Serum level of brain-derived neurotrophic factor in fibromyalgia syndrome correlates with depression but not anxiety. Neurochem Int. 2013;62:281-6 pubmed publisher..Taken together, BDNF is involved in the pathophysiology of FMS. Additionally, it seems to be correlated with intensity of depressive symptoms in FMS...
- Merkert S, Martin U. Targeted genome engineering using designer nucleases: State of the art and practical guidance for application in human pluripotent stem cells. Stem Cell Res. 2016;16:377-86 pubmed publisher..We discuss experimental considerations, limitations and critical aspects which will guide the investigator for successful implementation of this technology. ..
- Rojas S, Kensah G, Rotaermel A, Baraki H, Kutschka I, Zweigerdt R, et al. Transplantation of purified iPSC-derived cardiomyocytes in myocardial infarction. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0173222 pubmed publisher..iPSC derived cardiomyocytes engraft within the myocardium of LAD-ligated mice and contribute to improve left ventricular function. ..
- Stellmann J, Krumbholz M, Friede T, Gahlen A, Borisow N, Fischer K, et al. Immunotherapies in neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder: efficacy and predictors of response. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2017;88:639-647 pubmed publisher..5, 95% CI 1.0 to 2.4, p=0.065). Age, antibody status and possibly previous attacks predict further attacks in patients treated for NMOSD. Azathioprine and rituximab are superior to interferon-β. ..
- Krause A, Sillard R, Kleemeier B, Kl ver E, Maronde E, Conejo Garc a J, et al. Isolation and biochemical characterization of LEAP-2, a novel blood peptide expressed in the liver. Protein Sci. 2003;12:143-52 pubmed publisher..LEAP-2 shares some characteristic properties with classic peptide hormones and it is expected that the isolation of this novel peptide will help to unravel its physiological role...
- Fieguth A, Franz D, Lessig R, Kleemann W. Fatal trauma to the neck: immunohistochemical study of local injuries. Forensic Sci Int. 2003;135:218-25 pubmed..Myoglobin, fibronectin, C5b-9 and MRP14 are therefore suitable for immunohistochemical detection of vital reactions and estimation of temporal relationships in the early posttraumatic period after neck trauma. ..
- Ure B, Jesch N, Nustede R. Postcholecystectomy syndrome with special regard to children--a review. Eur J Pediatr Surg. 2004;14:221-5 pubmed..The impact of these procedures on postcholecystectomy symptoms in children and the impact of cholecystectomy during childhood on the incidence of right-sided colonic carcinoma remains to be determined...
- Schambach A, Galla M, Maetzig T, Loew R, Baum C. Improving transcriptional termination of self-inactivating gamma-retroviral and lentiviral vectors. Mol Ther. 2007;15:1167-73 pubmed..Importantly, the 2xSV USE was superior to the wPRE in suppressing transcriptional read-through, improving not only vector efficiency but potentially also biosafety. ..
- Weissenborn K, Tryc A, Heeren M, Worthmann H, Pflugrad H, Berding G, et al. Hepatitis C virus infection and the brain. Metab Brain Dis. 2009;24:197-210 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the Trojan horse hypothesis emerged: HCV-infected mononuclear blood cells enter the brain, enabling the virus to reside within the brain (probably in microglia) and to infect brain cells, especially astrocytes. ..
- Lange O, Bigalke H, Dengler R, Wegner F, deGroot M, Wohlfarth K. Neutralizing antibodies and secondary therapy failure after treatment with botulinum toxin type A: much ado about nothing?. Clin Neuropharmacol. 2009;32:213-8 pubmed publisher..To explore this issue, we evaluated levels of NAbs in a large selected cohort of secondary nonresponders to BoNT-A using the highly sensitive mouse phrenic nerve-hemidiaphragm assay...
- Diel R, Schaberg T, Loddenkemper R, Welte T, Nienhaus A. Enhanced cost-benefit analysis of strategies for LTBI screening and INH chemoprevention in Germany. Respir Med. 2009;103:1838-53 pubmed publisher..These data have implications for the rational implementation of screening strategies in contact investigation. ..
- Heusser K, Dzamonja G, Breskovic T, Steinback C, Diedrich A, Tank J, et al. Sympathetic and cardiovascular responses to glossopharyngeal insufflation in trained apnea divers. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2010;109:1728-35 pubmed publisher..We speculate that lower MAP despite increased MSNA after packing might be explained by vasodilator substances released by the lungs. This idea should be addressed in future studies...
- Rickmann M, Krauter J, Stamer K, Heuser M, Salguero G, Mischak Weissinger E, et al. Elevated frequencies of leukemic myeloid and plasmacytoid dendritic cells in acute myeloid leukemia with the FLT3 internal tandem duplication. Ann Hematol. 2011;90:1047-58 pubmed publisher..ITD(+) AML mDCs/pDCs could be only partially activated with CD40L and CpG for production of IFN-?, TNF-?, and IL-1?, which may affect the anti-leukemia immune surveillance in the course of disease progression. ..
- Hoch M, Fischer P, Stapel B, Missol Kolka E, Sekkali B, Scherr M, et al. Erythropoietin preserves the endothelial differentiation capacity of cardiac progenitor cells and reduces heart failure during anticancer therapies. Cell Stem Cell. 2011;9:131-43 pubmed publisher..Thus, low-dose EPO treatment could potentially be exploited as a therapeutic strategy to reduce the risk of heart failure in certain treatment regimens. ..
- Maier H, Salcher R, Schwab B, Lenarz T. The effect of static force on round window stimulation with the direct acoustic cochlea stimulator. Hear Res. 2013;301:115-24 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled "MEMRO 2012"...
- Frenzel E, Wrenger S, Immenschuh S, Koczulla R, Mahadeva R, Deeg H, et al. Acute-phase protein ?1-antitrypsin--a novel regulator of angiopoietin-like protein 4 transcription and secretion. J Immunol. 2014;192:5354-62 pubmed publisher..In contrast, the forced accumulation of HIF-1?, an upregulator of angptl4 expression, enhanced the effect of A1AT. Thus, acute-phase protein A1AT is a physiological regulator of angptl4, another acute-phase protein. ..
- Tsikas D, Suchy M, TÃ¶dter K, Heeren J, Scheja L. Utilizing immunoaffinity chromatography (IAC) cross-reactivity in GC-MS/MS exemplified at the measurement of prostaglandin E1 in human plasma using prostaglandin E2-specific IAC columns. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2016;1021:101-107 pubmed publisher..The method described here provides a novel tool to study the potential link of PGE1 formation to dyslipidemia, insulin resistance and related metabolic disorders. ..
- Kossak Roth U, SauÃŸele S, Aul C, BÃ¼chner T, DÃ¶hner H, Dugas M, et al. [Leukemia research in Germany: the Competence Network Acute and Chronic Leukemias]. Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz. 2016;59:444-53 pubmed publisher..The ultimate goal of the network is the cure of leukemia through cooperative research. ..
- Langer F, Stickel J, Tessema M, Kreipe H, Lehmann U. Overexpression of delta-like (Dlk) in a subset of myelodysplastic syndrome bone marrow trephines. Leuk Res. 2004;28:1081-3 pubmed..Therefore, the quantitative detection of dlk mRNA can support the morphological diagnosis of MDS in selected cases. ..
- Rosenau J, Hooman N, Rifai K, Solga T, Tillmann H, Grzegowski E, et al. Hepatitis B virus immunization with an adjuvant containing vaccine after liver transplantation for hepatitis B-related disease: failure of humoral and cellular immune response. Transpl Int. 2006;19:828-33 pubmed..Patient-related preconditions and concomitant HBIG administration should be further investigated as possible predictors for response. ..
- Lerch M, Windhagen H, von Lewinski G, Thorey F. [Intraoperative femoral fractures during the implantation of the cementless BiCONTACT stem: a matched-pair analysis of 84 patients]. Z Orthop Unfall. 2007;145:574-8 pubmed..Thus, the goal of this study was to analyse the postoperative performance of primary non-cemented THA in patients with intraoperative PFFs, with respect to the patient's subjective health-related satisfaction...
- Gutenbrunner C, Meyer T, Melvin J, Stucki G. Towards a conceptual description of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine. J Rehabil Med. 2011;43:760-4 pubmed publisher..PRM specialists work across all areas of health services and across all age groups. In summary, the specialty of PRM is characterized as the medicine of functioning. ..
- Kuetemeyer K, Lucas Hahn A, Petersen B, Niemann H, Heisterkamp A. Femtosecond laser-induced fusion of nonadherent cells and two-cell porcine embryos. J Biomed Opt. 2011;16:088001 pubmed publisher..In contrast to previous studies, our results indicate that fs laser-induced cell fusion occurs when the membrane pore size exceeds a critical value, preventing immediate membrane resealing. ..
- Behrens G, Maserati R, Rieger A, Domingo P, Abel F, Wang H, et al. Switching to tenofovir/emtricitabine from abacavir/lamivudine in HIV-infected adults with raised cholesterol: effect on lipid profiles. Antivir Ther. 2012;17:1011-20 pubmed publisher..The effect of these changes on clinical end points remains unclear and would need to be evaluated in a longer-term study. ..
- Lluis A, Ballenberger N, Illi S, Schieck M, Kabesch M, Illig T, et al. Regulation of TH17 markers early in life through maternal farm exposure. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2014;133:864-71 pubmed publisher..However, the underlying mechanisms might involve immune modulation of additional T-cell populations, such as TH17 cells, influenced by genetic predisposition...
- Thol F, Bollin R, Gehlhaar M, Walter C, Dugas M, Suchanek K, et al. Mutations in the cohesin complex in acute myeloid leukemia: clinical and prognostic implications. Blood. 2014;123:914-20 pubmed publisher..7; 95% CI, 0.36-1.38 [P = .3]; CR: mutated 83% vs wild-type 76% [P = .45]). The cohesin complex presents a novel pathway affected by recurrent mutations in AML. This study is registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as #NCT00209833. ..
- Bertelsen B, StefÃ¡nsson H, Riff Jensen L, Melchior L, Mol Debes N, Groth C, et al. Association of AADAC Deletion and Gilles de la Tourette Syndrome in a Large European Cohort. Biol Psychiatry. 2016;79:383-91 pubmed publisher..AADAC is a candidate susceptibility factor for GTS and the present findings warrant further genomic and functional studies to investigate the role of this gene in the pathogenesis of GTS. ..
- Marx U, Klodt J, Meyer M, Gerlach H, Rosch P, Forssmann W, et al. One peptide, two topologies: structure and interconversion dynamics of human uroguanylin isomers. J Pept Res. 1998;52:229-40 pubmed..These results imply that GC-C is activated by ligands exhibiting the molecular framework corresponding to the structure of uroguanylin isomer A. ..
- Elsner J, Mack M, Bruhl H, Dulkys Y, Kimmig D, Simmons G, et al. Differential activation of CC chemokine receptors by AOP-RANTES. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:7787-94 pubmed..It therefore appears that trafficking of RANTES receptors follows different patterns, which opens up potential new targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Loscher W. Basic pharmacology of valproate: a review after 35 years of clinical use for the treatment of epilepsy. CNS Drugs. 2002;16:669-94 pubmed..In view of the advances in molecular neurobiology and neuroscience, future studies will undoubtedly further our understanding of the mechanisms of action of valproate. ..
- Sugimura T, Obermayer Straub P, Kayser A, Braun S, Loges S, Alex B, et al. A major CYP2D6 autoepitope in autoimmune hepatitis type 2 and chronic hepatitis C is a three-dimensional structure homologous to other cytochrome P450 autoantigens. Autoimmunity. 2002;35:501-13 pubmed..This epitope is homologous to three-dimensional epitopes detected by autoantibodies directed against hepatic cytochromes P450s in drug induced hepatitis and to an autoepitope on CYP21B associated with adrenal failure. ..
- Pape H, Marsh S, Morley J, Krettek C, Giannoudis P. Current concepts in the development of heterotopic ossification. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2004;86:783-7 pubmed
- Erpenbeck V, Malherbe D, Sommer S, Schmiedl A, Steinhilber W, Ghio A, et al. Surfactant protein D increases phagocytosis and aggregation of pollen-allergen starch granules. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2005;288:L692-8 pubmed..The modulation of allergen phagocytosis by SP-D might play an important role in allergen clearance from the lung and thereby modulate the allergic inflammation of asthma...
- Ebert B, Seidel A, Lampen A. Phytochemicals induce breast cancer resistance protein in Caco-2 cells and enhance the transport of benzo[a]pyrene-3-sulfate. Toxicol Sci. 2007;96:227-36 pubmed..In conclusion, apart from the modulation of detoxifying enzymes in the intestine, induction of BCRP by dietary constituents may contribute to the detoxification of food-derived procarcinogens such as BP. ..
- Ripperger T, von Neuhoff N, Kamphues K, Emura M, Lehmann U, Tauscher M, et al. Promoter methylation of PARG1, a novel candidate tumor suppressor gene in mantle-cell lymphomas. Haematologica. 2007;92:460-8 pubmed..In summary, we identified interesting novel candidate genes that probably contribute to the progression of MCL and suggest that PARG1 is a strong candidate tumor suppressor gene in MCL. ..
- Chaberny I, Bindseil A, Sohr D, Gastmeier P. A point-prevalence study for MRSA in a German university hospital to identify patients at risk and to evaluate an established admission screening procedure. Infection. 2008;36:526-32 pubmed publisher..Despite extended admission screening, 37% of all MRSA-positive inpatients were missed. The neurological patients were identified as a further risk group and were included in the admission screening procedure established. ..
- Kümpers P, Erdbrügger U, Grossheim M, Meyer G, Hiss M, Gwinner W, et al. Endothelial microparticles as a diagnostic aid in Churg-Strauss vasculitis-induced cardiomyopathy. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2008;26:S86-9 pubmed..Endothelial microparticles might be an additional tool to diagnose and monitor cases of suspected vasculitic cardiac involvement in CSS. ..
- Hussein K, von Neuhoff N, Büsche G, Buhr T, Kreipe H, Bock O. Opposite expression pattern of Src kinase Lyn in acute and chronic haematological malignancies. Ann Hematol. 2009;88:1059-67 pubmed publisher..We conclude that tyrosine kinase Lyn contributes to the malignant phenotype in certain leukaemia subtypes and therefore attracts targeted therapy. ..
- Skokowa J, Fobiwe J, Dan L, Thakur B, Welte K. Neutrophil elastase is severely down-regulated in severe congenital neutropenia independent of ELA2 or HAX1 mutations but dependent on LEF-1. Blood. 2009;114:3044-51 pubmed publisher..LEF-1 rescue of CD34(+) cells isolated from 2 patients with CN resulted in granulocytic differentiation of the cells which was in line with increased levels of functionally active ELA2/NE. ..